The Zoo (Yukonwolfspirit + BunBunTheCatSnake)

BunBunTheCatSnake

Sbr116.600.2339365.jpg

Name: Cyrus

Height: 5’4 (which was tall when he was human)

Weight: 130 ilbs

About: Cyrus is an ancient vampire who worked as a nurse before being enslaved in the zoo. Watching all his fellow vampires drop dead after the last few years has given him a sort of hate against humanity. He enjoyed his freedom of going anywhere on a drop of a hat before the zoo, so having to stay in the confines of the four walls drives him crazy. Cyrus lives on the hope that there are more werewolves and vampires on the other side of these walls. Vowed to himself that when he gets out he’s going to kill every single human that runs the zoo, even if it means sacrificing his own life. He’s a little ball of anger.

+Feeling the wind in his hair

+Reading

+Traveling

+Freedom

Dislikes:

-Humanity

-When people scream at him from the bars

-Children

-Being treated like an animal

Cyrus could recall the last Tasmanian tiger kept in captivity; it looked so alone, like everything in that moment just wasn't worth living anymore. It paced its cage as if searching for someone that looked just like her, someone that she could curl next to so she could wash all her anxieties away. When he got news that she was left out in the cold to die, Cyrus remembered weeping; not because he was sad that she had died, but because the circumstances. How lonely was she? How cruel did a human have to be to let an entire species go out like that? It wasn't the first time that Cyrus witnessed that evil side of humanity; he saw it in the black rhino, the Quagga, the sea mink, and now almost every mythical creature there is. Cyrus was sick of humanity and their selfishness to keep themselves alive and grow. When Cyrus was human it was a simple time, sure the ancient Roman's weren't known to be the kindest of people with their warfare but Cyrus liked to think they had a respect for the animals and earth in general.

Cyrus used to be so many things; a scholar, alchemist, a nurse, an assassin for a short period during the medieval era... He used to live life to its fullest, even if he was undead. He used to drive motorcycles and sleep with a different person every night. He's fallen in love, he's fallen out, he's had his heart broken. Cyrus had it all... and now he was here at this zoo. He was forced to watch as his fellow vampires dropped off one by one, until all that was left was him. Sure, he had a nice bed and even a dresser full of clothing. They even gave him a little wall to have privacy while he dressed. However, he was never alone. There were always people gawking at him like some sort of animal. His mind always went back to the Tasmanian tiger and how disgusted he was to watch them throw bit of bread at it, or yell and cry when it wasn't in plain sight. Humanity disgusted him for this reason.

Cyrus leaned back in his chair trying to read Venus in Furs for the thousandth time, but all the gasps and cries were distracting him. He wanted to yell at them to shut up, but then again that never ended well for any other vampire here. Instead he sank even further into his chair, trying to hide his face with his book. There was no way they would harm him though; he could be the last vampire! The thought that there were others just beyond these four walls gave him hope. He would give anything to be reunited with his species... it was lonely being so alone in this world. He used to be able to talk to people, but now all he got were a few words with people and that was it. Cyrus could go over to the bars and tell them his life story, but then all they want is for him to run across the cage or even show them his fangs to prove he was real. All he was was a circus show.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• BunBunTheCatSnake

Cz_m4xrXgAErZt9.jpg

Name: Yukie

Height: 5’7

Weight: 100 is quite feminine for his species

About: yukie is an albino werewolf. He was adopted by the (new) owner of the facility who is remodeling the place to give his new creatures a proper home. Yukie is protective of his father who studies and protects endangered mythical creatures

+Running through the forest

+the ocean

+winter

+swimming

Dislikes:

-Being scolded

-vegatables

-Hot summer days

“...when was the last time you ate?” A soft voice asked the man who had just bought out the place standing in the mans cage holding up his arms showing he meant no harm. “Vampires hunt live prey...do you prefer human blood or animal?” The owner asked watching Cyrus curiously.

“That’s not the proper way to say hello....” Yukie mumbled the albino looking over at the vampire and his father clearly slightly scared of the man unlike his father. “You also should have knocked first it’s rude just to let yourself into his den” yukie added scolding his father for his carelessness.

The soft voice made Cyrus turn with a sharp gaze. His green eyes stabbed the two men who walked through his door like daggers and they were Julius Caesar. Cyrus dug even further into his red chair, showing off his fangs as if threatening them not to come a single step more. "Why do you care?" Cyrus said with a low growl. Cyrus caught a peculiar smell which only made him tighten his defenses. Cyrus sniffed the air again, trying to remember why that smell was so comforting; it wasn't a vampire, but it was definitely a mythical creature. Why was he on his side? Humans were scum! But... Cyrus was a tad bit hungry. The Keepers were always a bit apprehensive to come towards him for his rather... territorial nature. "But... I guess to answer your question, I prefer human... but I don't need to hunt it. A blood bag would do just fine." Cyrus used to be a nurse so he could drink the pouches of blood to stay alive. All it took was a little manipulation into thinking that the bags never existed in the first place.

Cyrus looked at the two with a sideways glance, still trying to maintain a sort of hostility in hopes of keeping them away from him. Sure, Cyrus was lonely... but he also didn't trust easy, especially when it came to a human and a human-loving creature. He wanted them to leave, but at that same time he wanted them to stay for a little longer. Captivity was driving him crazy, and truth be told he didn't know how much longer he could stand of just... sitting around and waiting for some miracle.

“I’d like to offer you dinner in exchange for hearing me out” Beu explained gently the small brown bag on his shoulder holding a couple of meals worth of food for the vampire. “ my name is Beu and this is my son Yukie. I’ve come to take you to your new home. I run a sanctuary for mythical creatures this place is being closed down due to many concerning violations.” The man explained gently his hand lowering a little.

“I would like to offer you a meal before asking you to step into the transport box. This way you will feel more comfortable being moved to your new home” Beu added the male having set up the escape proof coffin just a little bit inside the cage where the vampire was residing. “I’ve been going around collecting what’s left of your society and putting them somewhere safe. My park is a place of respect, you won’t be so… you could say ridiculed.” Beu finished looking over the crappy living quarters the vampire currently was residing in.

Cyrus scoffed when he brought up the proposal. He leaned back in his chair and put his book down, meeting Beu eye to eye. His emerals green eyes pierced into him with deep distrust that only grew when the word 'transport box' was brought up. Even when word was said that there was more left of the vampires, his anger only boiled. "A sanctuary where I won't be ridiculed," Cyrus repeated with a soft mocking chuckle. "It's still a God damn sanctuary where my freedoms will be limited and I will still be locked in a cage. It still limits how I spend MY immortality." Cyrus turned his body morr towards Beu, "you call it a park, but I am years older than you, and I don't deserve to be locked away like some Zoo attraction, no matter how prestigious or well respected it is. It's only respected by humans and other mythical creatures stupid enough to go along with it." Cyrus' eyes flickered over towards Yukie before he leaned back into his chair and crossed his legs as if saying that he didn't want to talk to him anymore.

It gave Cyrus comfort knowing tgat he wasn't alone... there were more out there. But a transport box? Just because the 'park' was even more respected than this one, it didn't mean much would change. Sure he'd be around other Vampires, but he wouldn't get to know the freedom humans did on the other side. They wanted to keep him boxed up because they were scared. The only way to create a vampire was to bite a human on the neck, seeing that they were undead creatures. The only reason they locked him up was so they could watch him go extinct, but not feel the guilt of not doing anything to stop it - which is what they were doing anyways. Humans only wanted to feel like they were going the right thing, without doing anything at all.

“...my brother...he’s a vampire. He’s quite young only five years turned...he’s angry a lot like you are he’s upset that he can’t go out and about. Father doesn’t want him traveling without an older vampire he’s worried he would get hurt.” The wearwolf explained gently his voice soft and with a tone of understanding. “You’d have a nice home with us and more freedom then you do here.”

With a small smile yukie sat down on the ground not to afraid of the older vampire. “Last month we closed the park and took a two week trip to the mountains and camped outside. This month we are going to the ocean and we are going to watch the fireworks” the wolfboy added quite excited about the trip. “We aren’t treated badly and if we want we don’t have to always be watched by the humans. It feels like I have a home and a family again”

“I wont force you to come, but I know your not happy living like this.” Beu added trying to not press to hard for the males trust. “We have rules in our home but their easy to follow...basically we don’t hurt humans in our home or while going out”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Saga locked this topic