Under the Sea of Stars (hal7283 and StainedCrimson, 18+, private)

hal7283

Darihel entered the bathroom after he got the prince's permission. As dictated by royal etiquette he walked inside with his head low, taking a formal bow before raising his head and look at Chenryelo, who was relaxing the in bath obviously naked. He couldn't help but do a nervous gulp as he saw the prince observe him with those golden eyes. A familiar shiver ran up the drake's spine as he thought: "Yes... this is it... this is the feeling which drawn me to him." He was a little surprised by the prince's invitation to bathe with him, as he was rejected the same thing just the day before. And after learning about human social customs and hierarchy, he now knew just how big of a deal this really was. Nervously Darihel nodded and said: "Yes, Prince Chernyelo. I would be my honor."

Darihel walked up towards the bath and was about to enter, then he remembered he should take his clothes off. He could feel his face burning as a blush colored his face. Hesitantly he took off his tank top and shorts, hiding his groin with his tail and stepped into the water, moving to the spot Chernyelo showed him. His tail waved behind him nervously creating constant ripples in the water. Darihel then began to explain what happened during the day, eating with Byrin, being shown the prince' harem, then being taken to the study and shown books on customs and etiquette. "As for the language... well... human language has a certain.... elegance in its simplicity..." Darihel explained as he tried his best to not sound too rude: "Once I understood the fundamentals, everything else just came naturally."

Darihel paused for a moment and shifted a little closer to Chernyelo, a little hesitantly he asked: "Prince Chernyelo, if you could forgive my disrespect by asking... why am I here? I mean I am grateful for you to rescue me from... I presume it was a prison of sorts? Though the examination afterwards wasn't exactly pleasant, but I trust it was necessary. But then... what's my purpose here? Am I a... pet? Or... am I suppose to be a new member for your harem?"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hal7283

• StainedCrimson

Chernyelo tsks at the other and waves a hand. "No need to be so formal when we're alone. It's tedious enough having to uphold formalities and expectations everywhere else, when alone you may be more casual." That is truth enough, though he does enjoy it for the most part, especially since he comes off as so charismatic that people just flock to him. Having humans and others flock to the witch because he has an appealing mask on certainly amuses him a fair deal.

He listens as Darihel shares his day and isn't surprised that Byrin had taken the newest addition under his wing. The others may have been curious, or even approached the drake had Chernyelo been showing him around, but had any other been in his room alone then they merely would have left Darihel on his own for the day instead of welcoming him into the fold. Not out of maliciousness, though perhaps some pettiness, but because they wouldn't have known what to make of the ambiguous creature's position which seems to be somewhere between pet and potential harem addition. If part of the harem then that means the drake would also be considered competition for the consort or wife position.

He blinks a bit at how Darihel tries to be tactful when describing learning human speech. The description certainly isn't wrong. Compared to other beng's means of communicating it certainly is simple. "I see. Well, it will certainly help matters now that you can communicate more efficiently." Chernyelo muses while watching the other as his tail creates ripples and holds back a smile at the others discomfort of being naked.

As Darihel begins asking his next round of questions, the prince tilts his head. "Rescue? I did no such thing. My understanding is that you were found near my home and taken in as you clearly are an alien, and then discovered to be unclaimed." He waves a hand at the collar around Darihel's throat to indicate his meaning. "As such you were taken in to holding to be processed and determined what should be done with you. However, the day after your capture the chief of police received notice that you were meant as a gift to me and thus brought to my home."

Stretching and lounging back, Chernyelo pauses for a moment before continuing and looking at the other from the corner of his eye. "As for your purpose here, it is yet unclear. What manner of gift were you intended to be? A pet? A potential addition to my harem? A candidate to be Consort?" His shoulders roll in a shrug. "Ultimately where you end up is entirely up to you and the skills you display. I have final say of course, but depending on what you offer influences how far I can push the aristocracy and general populace into accepting you. Right now they would accept you easily as a pet, maybe even my harem though there might be some push back there. Should you desire to aim higher than that well, you must be someone truly extraordinary for me to risk that."

After another pause, he gazes up at the ceiling still completely relaxed. "Right now I would say that my staff is treating you as a pet. You are given seating beside me at meals in public, and given a place to sleep at the foot of my bed. Though some make their pets sleep on the floor." The last bit is idly said, almost an after thought of sorts. Chernyelo suddenly focuses the full weight of his gaze on the other. "The question then becomes, what is it that you want?"

"I.... see.." Darihel muttered as he listened to the term of events from the prince's perspective. A few words made him curious such as "unclaimed alien" and "gift", which Darihel figured it must be the Space Witch's doing. In his mind Darihel cursed the Witch for the rude awakening and the following imprisonment, couldn't the Witch arrange something more dignifying? At least give him proper paper work and documentation from the beginning! But of course past is past, and it was much more productive to think what to do in the current situation, and what to do for the future.

Chernyelo's stare made his body shudder. If he was some other kinds life form he may recognize the feeling similar to a prey being stared at by a predator. But Darihel had no such experience prior, and what the prince said quickly brushed his feelings aside and made the drake think. What did he want. The short answer would be to learn more and understand the prince. Thaw was why he took upon the Witch's offer with such eagerness. Now, being so close, gave him a opportunity unlike before to really observe the prince in his daily routine. Being a "pet" also had its advantage, since it allowed him to stay close to Chernyelo and observe in situations which would be inappropriate for "people", last night was a good example for that. Would that be enough? If Darihel's interest in Chernyelo was one of distant scientific curiosity and he wished to avoid interfering with his subject or risk changing it, then yes. But Darihel's inters towards Chernyelo was much more than that. It was far more personal, and far more irrational. Now being so close, Darihel could no longer be content with just observing. And there was also the matter of his deal with the Witch.

The fact that he needed a kiss of love from Chernyelo or risk... whatever consequence the Space Witch had in mind for him compelled him to need more. By reading about Royal customs he now understood what a "kiss of love" would entail. Quite an impossible task to be frank. But Darihel wasn't someone who would back down from a challenge.

"I want.... to serve you to the best of my abilities, with my body, with my mind...." Darihel said as he stared right into Chernyelo's eyes and shifted closer to the human. He was close enough to almost feel the prince's breath on his skin, and nervously he reached out his hand and laid it on the prince's. "I assure you, my prince, you'd fine me much more valuable than just being a pet."

Chernyelo watches with interest and a vague sense of amusement as the drake's thoughts and feelings flit across his face while deep in thought. When Darihel finally speaks, he is a bit surprised by the other's decision and resolve to be useful. Though seeing the drake so nervous is almost cute. The witch thinks to himself while allowing his space to be pressed upon. After a few moments, the prince finally speaks. "Then you must show me and everyone else that you are worth more than being just a pet."

Tilting his head he continues on while still studying the other as if looking for something. "It is not unheard of for someone without a pedigree to be added to a harem or be taken as Consort or wife, but it is much more difficult. You will be placed under much stricter examination and more criticized than others, not too mention gain a great deal of resentment from those that have or are trying to gain that place. If you cannot handle that then it best to not start down that path; however, if you are determined to continue then there are step that need to be done as soon as possible."

Lifting his free hand, Chernyelo pushes and holds back some of Darihel's hair out of his face. "The first step would be to have you officially put onto the harem applicant list and you would live in another room going forward. Should you prove worthy of the harem you would be put in as an official member and moved there. If you want to aim higher then you need to make that known while working to gain admittance to the harem. From there it would be a matter of showing what value, skills, and the like you bring that make you a worthy candidate. If you can gain some standing and worth by the Candidacy Ball, then you merely have to convince me to choose you over someone else." He gives a wry smile. Though the 'ball' is really more of a courting ritual between the candidates and the prince over the span of a month. At the end one is chosen and they enter into an engagement period.

The time for it is different for each noble as there are several requirements. First the noble must be of age. There also needs to be at least three candidates, but no more than five. Once those conditions are met then it is up to the noble to decide when to announce the ball. Though that says nothing of the trials potential candidates have to go through to be qualified. It is most certainly for someone with less than an iron constitution and willpower.

Darihel listened carefully to what Chernyelo said, as even though he had learned much about royal customs, the exact detail of the harem selection process was not among the books he read. Even though he' half expected it, the mentioning of him having to leave Chenryelo's side was a little upsetting. His long pointy ear as well as his tail lowered down reflecting his mood. After all the whole point of him being turned into his humanoid form was to get close to the prince and understand him better. But, if his temporary separation from the prince would end up ensuring his long term success, then he'd be willing to ensure it.

"I.... understand..." Darihel said. He looked down at the hot water before raising his eyes to meet with Chernyelo's again: "I shall enter the selection process and do whatever it's necessary to come back to your side. But before I have to leave you... may I... know more about you? Your past, your present, your future, anything...."

Almot instinctively Darihel shifted closer and closer to Chernyelo. Was it out of curiosity, or out of desire? Or is there really any difference between the two? The reason didn't really matter, what matted was the sppeding heartbeat bumping louder and louder in his chest, and the almost magnetic pull coming from Chernyelo compelling the drake wanting to know him, touch him, feel him. While he knew being not even a member of the harem but just a pet, advances like this was likely not appropriate. But he simply couldn't hold himself back. Hesitantly he reached out his hand towards the prince's chest, not sure if the prince would allow further contact or not.

Chernyelo gives a small surprised smile. He hadn't expected the drake to be this invested or interested. At most he thought that the other would observe him for the six months with or without obtaining the kiss, but to hear that one of such a normally aloof and disinterested species showing such interest and desire to learn about and be with another being... Well, that's just far too interesting and fun to ignore. He thinks to himself.

At the question of learning more about him, the witch prince merely tilts his head. "I think that might be showing unfair favoritism. All the others had to learn about me either through broadcasts, articles, or as we spent time together." Catching the other's hand, he gives a grin while teasingly licking a finger. "Now, now... Touching is a reward I'll give you once you've successfully entered either the harem or the selection to be my consort." With that he lets the other's hand go. "Though I suppose letting you know a little common knowledge would be acceptable."

Moving on he lazily waves a hand. "I am second son of four, and the third child out of seven. My father, the kind, will soon be holding a lavish ball where all of us will be expected to attend. All of us are also competing with one another to be named his heir, but there's little way of knowing who he has in mind until he either announces it or only one of us is left." Very common knowledge of both the prince and the politics surrounding his family in a simple and condensed version. Standing up, and thus giving Darihel quite the eyeful, he stretches with a yawn. "I'll ring for someone to take you to begin the process. I look forward to seeing how you do." With a parting smile he turns and goes off, leaving the drake alone in the tub.

Soon there is a new person in the room with a tablet and neutral gaze. After Chernyelo explains the situation the individual bows. "Understood Your Highness. I shall begin the process right away." With that the drake is soon swept away to be moved to another portion of the palace. "As a potential candidate you will stay in this wing with the others. Tomorrow you will be interviewed and have the rules explained to you. For now I suggest you get some rest." With a quick nod of the head, the drake is then left outside of the door to his new quarters.

Darihel couldn't help but feel disappointment when Chernyelo put a stop to his advances. In all fairness, Darihel understood the prince's reservations, as he wouldn't take kindly of some random creature showing up and want to know everything about him. But on the bright side the prince seemed interested in him enough to give him a chance to compete in the selection process. The familial situation of the prince was something he'd already learned from the books, though obviously the books were not as blunt about the whole "either king announces his heir or only one was left" part. He watched as the prince got out of the water, a sight which always fascinated Darihel and never failed to wipe any coherent thought in his mind clean, with the added effect of causing a surge of blood towards the drake's groin. By the time Darihel snapped out of it he was left alone in the tub.

With a sigh Darihel got out of the water, shaking his body much like a wet dog to get rid of most of the water, then got a towel hanging nearby to dry himself off completely. He picked up the clothes he'd took off earlier and dressed himself once more, then walked out of the bathroom finding a stranger had entered the room and was looking at him. Darihel was instructed to follow the human out and he reluctantly complied, giving the prince a longing look before formally bowing and asked permission for his departure.

Soon enough Darihel was lead to a different part of the palace and in front of a door, to what's presumably his new quarters. He opened the door and found a small room which would resemble a cheap hotel suite, complete with a bed, a desk and chair, a small screen on the wall likely a communication terminal of sorts, and a small shower bathroom. Darihel closed the door behind him and for the first time since his transformation, Darihel was allowed some privacy, though he couldn't be completely sure if he was not under surveillance. But he thought this was a good place to try to contact the Witch.

Darihel looked down on his belly and touched the faint lines just above his groin. Even though he was technically unconscious when the Witch left it on him, somehow he vaguely remembered the witch leaving the mark on him so they could make contact with each other, but he wasn't sure how. Having trouble seeing the thing he went into the shower and took off his pants and began to look himself in the mirror, tracing the faint line of the pattern from above to his groin to his hip, then curled around behind. Darihel wondered how would such a thing allow him to make contact with the witch.

Once Darihel left the room the witch starts to laugh, unable to contain it any longer. The same creature that dared to try and summon him, then showed such obvious disgust for the witch's true form, is completely enraptured by the witch's "mask". In fact, the drake is so taken that not only did it agree to the witch's terms without asking what the consequence would be of failing to meet the terms of the contract, but is going to actively work to try and be 'Prince Chernyelo's' consort. Or wife in other terms.

Sitting down on a nearby chair while continuing to laugh, he absently wipes a stray tear away. "The fool doesn't even realize, and he will most certainly make an excellent "wife" considering he can become pregnant. I wonder if that youngling is even aware of that." Calming down he lets out a sigh while leaning back, a smirk sliding across his face. "I will most certainly enjoy these next few months, and how little Darihel will react once he finds out that his precious prince and the revolting with are one in the same." Imagining the reaction causes him to let out another bout of laughter.

The laughter tapers off as he senses said drake touching the mark left on him. "Hmm, seems that it's time to begin the next act." After a few breaths to calm himself, he reaches out mentally to connect with the drake.

I see you've found the mark. That is good, but do be sure to not abuse this connection. I am not your caretaker. While the 'tone' is even, there is a hint of warning in the 'words'. Still, it would seem as though the witch isn't exactly annoyed or upset at being contacted. Now, what is it you've contacted me for?

Just was Darihel was wondering about how the mark worked, he suddenly "heard' the voice of the Space Witch as if coming right from the core of his mind. Darihel was caught off guard and his body jumped a little out of surprise. It has only been two days since he'd been transformed into this humanoid form, but he had gotten used to communication through speech so much that he'd almost forgot how telepathy felt. In addition when he communicated with the Witch before his transformation he had the ability to put up psychic barriers to protect his mind. Now, his mental abilities were greatly diminished so the Witche' telepathic voice felt almost painful now. Thankfully it wasn't something he couldn't bare.

"Eh... Golden King, can you hear me? Am I coming through?" Darihel said while simultaneously trying to focus on the mark on his groin. "I want to talk to you about our deal. No I'm not having second thoughts. I just want to confirm its conditions. What exactly would happen if I fail to get a kiss of love from the prince within six months? I assume it's not going to be pleasant."

(sorry for the shorter reply.)

Chernyelo grins as he feels the mental 'flinch' of the other. The drake is much more vulnerable in his new form than he realized, but the witch decides to leave things be. For now. You can merely think your reply back to me now that the connection is established. It wouldn't go well for you if your prince or someone else spotted you talking to yourself. Though Darihel can't see it, the golden witch's grin has grown wider at the thought of the other being caught talking to thin air and the consequences that would follow.

When the deal is mentioned, the grin fades to a more thoughtful look as he tilts his head. I see. Well it's good that you're not having second thoughts, as you're bound by the contract as you signed it. The consequences of trying to back out of a contract would be severe. At the mention of the conditions and failure to meet them, the prince laughs both aloud and mentally. They were on the contract and you did not take the time to read them? He asks to verify, the mental tone holding bemusement. It is quite simple. If you fail to get a kiss of love from the prince by the end of your term, then you belong to me.

It is that simple. Anything the witch would desire of the other being, the drake would be unable to refuse. Granted that could range from being another protector of the Golden King's home, someone to run errands, a pretty trophy to look at, or even a sexual toy used as brood mare of sorts. All this and more could be the drake's fate should he meet failure. Still. Although, I find your assumption to be a little insulting. Remember drake, it was you who sought me and my services out and chose to sign the contract. It was also your choice to not read it carefully before signing it. You just as easily have left without signing anything. The mental voice gains a bit of a painful edge to it in warning.

The warning lingers for a moment before he continues with a bit of chill still lingering. Now then, was there anything else?

(No worries.)

Darihel "listened" to the witch, so apparently he can telepathically contact the witch despite his lack of psychic powers, which was a good thing to know. He felt a severe headache when the Witch's tone grew more intense. But Darihel was unfazed by the pain and "talked" to Chernyelo: "In all fairness.... becoming yours is exactly something I'd describe as not being pleasant... But I will uphold our bargain, witch. I know it was I who came to you, and it was I who took the deal without learning the consequences. You know what, even if I knew before hand, I would've agreed to your terms any way. It was worth it. Chernyelo was worth it."

Darihel fell "silent" for a moment, then he replied to the Witch: "Nothing in particular at this moment... but... I guess I owe you an apology, for my attitude towards you mostly. But it's not like you have a good reputation. And also, I need to thank you. You could have left me on some deserted planet light years away and make me find my own way to Chernyelo, but instead you arranged my delivery to the prince. You did arrange that did you? Anyway, I'm going to rest now. I'll contact you when... when the heat thing kicks in again...."

With that Darihel turned his mind off the mark and sighed. "Talking" to the Witch like this was really a exhausting experience, and he just collapsed on the bed panting heavily. He looked up at the unfamiliar ceiling and thought about his future, the unlikeliness of him succeeding in getting Chernyelo's kiss of love, the frightening prospect of him becoming the Witch's plaything for the rest of his existence, but beyond that, the unbearable desire of wanting to learn more about Chernyelo, and the excitement of the possibilities for actually doing so. It all swirled into a big mess in his mind as it became harder and harder to hold a coherent thought, until he finally succumb to his fatigue and fell asleep, not knowing what awaits him in the selection process tomorrow.

Chernyelo snorts as he picks up a glass of wine. As a space drake of all things, you should understand how fickle and misleading reputations can be. After all, you in particular have caused your kind to develop a certain reputation no? He challenges. Not too say that his reputation is wholly wrong, but it most certainly isn't the full truth either. His very nature isn't so easily defined as good or evil, and his assistance can be either for the benefit or detriment to the one seeking it. However, many forget to ask just what kind of requests are asked of the Golden King as well.

At the apology he gives a slight "hum" of acceptance, but isn't exactly mollified. Though the recognition of how much he had assisted the other soothes things a bit. With that he allows the connection to be closed, though the mark is mostly a physical means of gathering data on the drake. It just happens to serve as a way for him to also feel when the other is "reaching out" to him as the greater focus gives him a mental nudge of sorts.

The next day sees Darihel greeted with a brisk knock to his door. "It is time for breakfast. After that you will be taken to be interviewed before going to the next step to verify you have the basic qualifications. That should end by early evening and the rest of the day will be yours as the results are measured and discussed. Should you pass then someone will inform you sometime after dinner." All of this is delivered in a quick but clear manner while breakfast is brought in by another servant. "I will return in thirty minutes to escort you to your interview."

With a quick nod, the servant turns on her heel and leaves the room. After thirty minutes on the dot there is another brisk knock and the same person enters the room. "Follow me." Without waiting to see if Darihel is ready or finished with his meal, she quickly sets out and into the maze that is the palace. Eventually she stops before a nondescript door and holds it open for him. Once inside the door swiftly closes leaving the drake alone with three people sitting behind a desk and a chair before them. "Welcome. Please be seated and we'll begin." The one in the middle states while waving a hand at the chair. And so the process begins.

Dariehl woke up when the sound of knocking came from outside. He got up and let the messenger in, and was informed of the schedule for the rest of the day. He quickly finished breakfast and spent the rest of the 30 minutes inside the washroom hurriedly cleaning and preparing himself. Soon enough the messenger returned and lead Darihel away to be interviewed.

The process was long, and taxing. After all Darihel pretty much popped out of nowhere with no background information whatsoever, and was now applying to join the prince's harem out of all places. It was no wonder the interviewer wanted to learn every single detail about him, and unfortunately Darihel couldn't answer most of them truthfully due to his pact with the Witch. So he had no choice but to come up with some random bullshit and tried his best not to contradict himself in his testimony. He made up a species name: Drakonian, and a fictitious planet of origin: Dragon Hive. He then made up a story of his home planet being destroyed by a super nova and he being the only survivor. Then someone found him and presented him as a gift to the prince. When asked about the identity of that person Darihel showed a troubled expression and said: "My apologies but mind if I ask... what is your security clearance level?" That seemed to be sufficient for the interviewer to drop the subject.

After the interview Darihel had to go through a series of rather tedious tests, from the way he walked, sat, talked, ate, to his knowledge of human society, customs, and politics, which his knowledge was lacking at best. Nonetheless he did surprised the examiner by pointing out a mistake in a star chart they used in the exam. There was even a part where he was ordered to take off his clothes and present his body to the examiners, presumably to see if his body met the standard of beauty fitting for a prince's consort. Thankfully he didn't have to bear that indignities for too long and was quickly lead away.

(not sure about how far I should take the test. Maybe you can play the other competitors in the next test/talent show?)

After Darihel is taken back to his room, the judges discuss the various applicants they have interviewed. Just as they are about to make their decision about those who can move on to qualify for a position in the harem and thus try to compete for the Consort position, a messenger runs in. Suddenly one of the candidates is disqualified and immediately removed from the premise. It is with this that Darihel makes the list to continue on and the postings are made public within the palace as well as outside. The general public are suddenly abuzz at seeing the various candidates trying to appeal to their prince and join the ranks of his home.

To say the other contestants are displeased and annoyed with the latest addition is to put it mildly. The other all come from some sort of influential family or are well renowned for some sort of skill. Much like the drake they have admired the prince from afar and worked hard to be considered as candidates for the prince to choose from, but then this creature appears from out of nowhere and is able to partake. The hostility and scorn could almost be tangibly felt.

The next morning sees all ten of the candidates seated in a gathering room where they are able to eat breakfast and mingle. After this next round only three will go on, and of those only three will be eligible to continue on to try for the consort position. For the others their fate of whether or not they join the harem is left in the prince's hands, but most likely only one will be selected and then potentially one of the three candidates for the consort position as well. All in all the number of spots to staying with the prince is three, though of course it possible that the prince may accept all three harem potentials, so at most there are five possible slots but those competing know that it's likely only two or three will be chosen.

When Darihel comes in, the others are a mixture of both male and female that begin commenting and sneaking glances at him. Some of the whispered comments reach him as he goes about getting food and eating.

"What is he?"

"I heard he only got in due to another contestant getting caught with one of the prince's siblings and was kicked out." To which another voice scoffs softly. "Well the other person deserved what came to them then. How anyone could choose the others over Prince Chernyelo is beyond me."

"Do you think he even has any skills or qualifications to be here?" "Well he must have something right, since he got accepted and passed." A dubious voice comments.

So on it goes until everyone decides to move on to speculating what the next portion will contain. "I think it will have to do with talents next. That or a demonstration of ability of some sort." Another person nods slowly before responding. "I think it might be a display next, perhaps of intelligence or political ability."

Hearing that a woman scoffs. "They wouldn't have anything political until the consort portion. Those in the harem have little need for political ability." She points out to which many of the others nod or shrug. As the meal nears its end, an official walks in and the others immediately quiet and set down their utensils while turning to look at where the other stops.

"Good morning. I hope you are all well rested and prepared for the upcoming challenges. There will be a total of three challenges in order to move on to the next round. The challenges will be given and timed and or scored. Those with the lowest ranking in each challenge will be disqualified." A quick look and the official gives an approving nod. "Today's challenge will be to find, create, or identify something unique or previously unknown. You have until dinner time tomorrow to submit your selection. Best of luck to you all."

With that they turn and leave the room which immediately fills with the voices of those in the room as they exclaim over the challenge. Some are clearly confident and others confused or angry, however, soon everyone is gone to go about completing the task.

Having spent the last few nights exhausted and deep in slumber, it was quite a change of pace to be so restless and sleepless. Darihel wasn't even this nervous when he went to meet the Space Witch, yet there he was! Laying on his bed with eyes wide open, staring blankly at the ceiling. He passed the first phase of the test, which was the good news. But then the next stage of the test would begin tomorrow. He knew he only passed because one of the other candidates were disqualified somehow, the messenger had said it that much, and he'd be competing with essentially the best candidates the human empire had to offer, who had probably prepared for the test for years in advance, unlike him who quite literally showed up out of nowhere the day before.

It's only when the sun was about to rise above the horizon did Darihel actually fell asleep, though his rest didn't last long. He woke up when the messenger came and told him to follow her. Darihel's quickly sprung up from the bed and got out of the room. Soon he found himself lead to a gathering room where the other candidates were waiting. While the drake wasn't really hungry, he knew he probably need some energy to get through the day. With that thought he headed for the buffet and began to take the food he wanted, all the while he could feel the others' sharp gazes and could hear them talking about him, and most were not in favorable terms. He could feel the hostility and malice in the sir, which really affected his appetite.

Thankfully the meal time came to an end, and all the hostility and attention Darihel felt disappeared as everyone's attention turned to the official announcing the next challenge: to find, create, or identify something unique or previously unknown. As the other contestants either whined or groaned as they complained, or remained silent in their confidence, Darihel stood their confused and tilted his head to the side thinking about the challenge.

Darihel walked up to the examiner and asked: "Excuse me sir but... what's unique or unknown to the humans could be normal and common knowledge to other peoples. So the only way to know what's truly unique or unknown for humans, is to know everything about what humans knew, and that is simply impossible... so... can you give me an example? Like.. do humans know of the Hydrotonium deposit near the Seknor system? The nine black hole constellation? Or perhaps the migration route of the Devourer hive fleet? Or maybe..."

Darihel began to pour out an endless stream of knowledge, some obscure, others more common, and some so vital that it could tip the power balance of an entire sector. Though it would be up to the examiner to judge see the value of his information.

The official stops and frowns at Darihel. Clearly annoyed, confused, and overwhelmed the official raises his hand to halt the other. "I do not make those decisions. I merely inform you and the others of the task to be fulfilled. If you have questions you may ask on of the judges as well as look at what past candidates did." With that he once more sets off, this time with a pace and demeanor that clearly indicates he wishes to be left alone. His mind still trying to dissect what the other was trying to imply and asking, of which he immediately inform the judges of the incident. The deposit is known of, just like the hive, but not many specifics are known of either so they are curious as to whether these or something else will be the drake's submission so as to verify whether or not it is true.

Naturally some of the others overhear and snicker or exchange glances with one another. "What was all that? Does he even know what he's talking about?"

Another scoffs and raises an eyebrow. "A deposit by the Seknor system and a black hole constellation? Please." Rolling their eyes the female turns and walks off followed by some of the others who are still giggling or casting looks at the space drake.

Of course the word soon passes through the castle of the candidate that had jumped an official and apparently was not all there. Chernyelo bites back a laugh when he hears the various tales and rumors being spread about his little pet. "Only day two and he's already causing such a ruckus. I can't wait to see how this unfolds." Others are either amused or irritated by the upstart that managed to get into the competition. Soon bets are being placed on who will rank where, and the first to be disqualified.

So the time passes until dinner the next day where the results are to be announced.

Darihel stood there as he saw the official leaving and thought about what he said. While he was slightly frustrated about the official not giving him a straight answer, he did made a good point of checking the past candidates' records. That was probably the only option he had at the moment. Ignoring the giggles and mocking, Darihel went to a terminal nearby and began searching. It was fortunate that most of the other candidates have left, or thy'd certainly mock Darihel for how he typed on the keyboard with a finger from each hand in a painfully slow pace.

"P...a...s...t... h....a...r...e...m.....c...a...n....d....i....d...a...t...e...s......." Darihel typed the words into the search engine and quickly the results came out. He glimpsed through the list and found that most of their submissions seemed to be music or art related. After all the main job of a harem member and/or consort was to serve the prince in his private life, so rarely would any prince require their harem to be of use in politics. Of course there were a few exceptions, such as a harem member of the last Emperor was selected for her research in medical science, and a wife of a certain prince pretty much "bought" the position by submitting her mining world owned by her family. Obviously Darihel couldn't create art or write music, at least not in any form the humans would enjoy, but he was sort of in the right track when he listed those astronomical phenomenon to the official. Now what he needed to do was to provide some information the humans definitely were not aware of, and would proved to be beneficial for Chernyelo. After some serious brain storming, and a long, painful session of typing, he finally manged to come up with his submission.

Near the edge of the Human Empire there was a nebula separating human space with one of its neighbors, the Nirvan. As far as Darihel could tell the two nations shared a peaceful relationship and trade was frequent. But traders would have to travel around the nebula due to a strange spatial disturbance making that part of space unassailable to conventional space craft. Only very few beings in the universe knew that it was an ancient war between two now extinct races caused the phenomenon since it happened near the dawn of the universe itself and the Spectral Drakes were about the only ones left from that era, and fewer knew how to travel through it safely. Luckily, Darihel did. He essentially drew a map so travel through the nebula would be possible. The Drake had little idea how much fuel this map could save, nor the shift of power balance it may cause, even the fact that this may very well spark a war between the two nations since an invasion suddenly became a lot more feasible. Frankly he didn't care. All he cared about was to impress the judges enough so he could pass the test and successful go back to Chernyelo's side. Once he handed the judges his submission Darihel returned to his room, exhausted from sitting in front of the screen for so long, and annoyed by a faint itch which seemed to came from the core of his being. There was nothing left but to wait for the result.

To say the judges were skeptical of Darihel's submission would be a gross understatement. Still, it is required for them to investigate the submission and test the truth of it. Of course the judges themselves are not going, it would be too risky and time consuming, so they send an official to go verify the route and have a live view of the trip which they periodically check in between other submissions. When the route through the spatial disturbance begins, all three judges sit in front of the screen to watch the journey following the drake's directions.

When the route is completed safely there and back, they sit in mute shock before swiftly approving the submission and going to the prince with the findings. Needless to say that it's a bit deal, and normally would be kept secret for political reasons, but due to the nature of the competition itself they need to figure the best way to control. In the meantime the results are posted and Darihel is in first place much to the surprise and resentment of many, and not just the other contestants either.

Still, there's nothing that can be done at that point so dinner commences and the contestants begin talking about their submissions while the one who didn't make the cut is busy packing. As the dinner is being served, the prince walks in much to the surprise of those gathered, and they immediately stand and bow. Smiling with a soft laugh he raises a hand. "Please, no need for that. Sit and enjoy the food." The contestants sit down and throughout the dinner the prince goes around talking with the different candidates. When he reaches Darihel, he gives a grin. "Well, it seems you've caused me a bit of trouble with your submission. I'm not sure whether to praise you or punish you for it." He teases lightly.

Chernyelo is pleasantly surprised at the drake's choice in submission. While it does fit within the challenge, it is also a very literal interpretation of it. The route is something that is known to very few, such as spectral drakes and perhaps a few other species that are spatially able, but not particularly creative on his pet's end. I suppose it is to be expected. Drakes aren't particularly known for artistic or philosophic tendencies after all.

At the end of dinner he addresses the room. "It has been wonderful getting to meet all of you. I hope all of you will enjoy and make the most of your two days of freedom until the next challenge is presented." Normally it would only be one but due to the nature of Darihel's submission they're taking extra time to meet with necessary dignitaries to begin forming regulations and treaties over the route. "With that I bid you all a goodnight." With a nod he then turns and leaves the room leaving the others free to socialize or leave as well.

Darihel woke up very early, barely have gotten any sleep during the last night. Since his submission was still being evaluated there was nothing else to do but to stay put and wait. Luckily there was also a terminal at his room so he was able to kill time with searching the net and learning more about human society in general, and also about Chernyelo. It was easy to find information on the prince, as he had been very active in the public sphere, mostly regarding politics and diplomacy. Contrary what the mass media would tell the ordinary human citizens, Darihel had observed an great decrease in the Human Empire's rate of expansion for the past century or so, which was to be expected from an Empire which had expanded beyond what its current ability can reasonably handle. It was an inevitable stage of all empires, and only a few in history managed to survive beyond it. Darihel had no doubt that with Chernyelo at its helm, the Human Empire would certain get through the stagnation, but he'd learned that Chernyelo was not the only potential heir to the throne. While the fate of the Human Empire was of little concern to him, he did care about Chernyelo's future.

Darihel continued his studies, and as it was the nature of the net, it brought the drake to some unexpected places with only a few clicks. Some were repulsive, while others intriguing, fascinating even. By the time the messengers came to notify him of dinner Darihel had read through information which could fill up some smaller libraries, at the cost of a rather bothersome headache of course. Before the meal started he was also informed the fact that he had passed the round at first place, which brought the drake great comfort and relief, so much so that the hateful gazes of the other contestants at the dinner table felt like spring breezes. Just as the sevants began to bring in the food the man who he'd longed for walked in.

"Good evening, Prince Chernyelo!" Darihel joined the others as they all stood up from their seats and greeted the prince formally, the men bowed and the women did a curtsey. They were given the permission to sit and throughout the dinner, the prince went around the room and spoke to all of the remaining contestants.

It would be an understatement to say that Darihel was excited, almost like a puppy waiting for its master to give it treats or take it to walk. While he tried his best to remain calm and still in accordance to proper etiquette, his tail waved in anticipation and betrayed his emotions. Finally the prince came around to him, and what he said made the drake blush in embarrassment.

"My... my apologies Prince Chernyelo... I only wished to pass the test so I can come back to you, and never really thought about the problems my submission may cause you... I.. ugh..." Darihel tried to explain himself, but he was half paralyzed by the subtle suggestions the prince made by saying "praise or punishment", as he had just read a few novels where such innuendos were used before scenes of intimacy. His face looked almost purple due to the red of his blush adding to the blue of his skin. "I'll gladly accept either.. my prince..."

Sadly their time together was short, and Chernyelo quickly went back to his own seat, and after the meal ended he left, leaving the contestants by themselves. A few of them began to talk among themselves, and just as Darihel was about to leave there was suddenly a loud voice yelling: "Hey you! The blue one!"

Surprised by the sudden outburst Darihel turned to the direction of the voice, and saw one of the contestants looking down at him. Darihel had overheard the conversation between the others and remembered her to be Lady Senandrias Domak, who came from a powerful and prestigious family almost as old as the Empire itself, and apparently her father was the current Minister of the Treasury. She was a pretty beautiful woman by human standards given her long blonde hair, blue eyes and big bosoms, but they all failed to make a good impression on Darihel given her earlier sharp voice, and more importantly the air of malice and arrogance. Nevertheless Darihel had to play the part and stood up from his seat. He bowed to the noble girl and said: "Greetings, Lady Senandrias. To what do I owe the honor?"

"You don't, freak!" Senandrias screeched: "Just what kind of sorcery did you use to get to the top place?!"

"Sorcery, Lady?" Darihel asked.

"Yes! Sorcery!" The girl yelled: "How else could a freak like you enter the selection process, not only survive two rounds but also get to the top place?!"

Darihel tilted his head to the side, as he had difficulty understanding just what the girl meant by sorcery. After all what's considered magic in less advanced races could be just high advanced technology, and what was pretty much as natural as breathing for one race could be seen as a miracle in another. Then he remembered that the word sorcery also had a strange negative connotation in human language.

"Lady Senandrias, are you implying that I've cheated during the tests?" Darihel asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Am I?" the noble girl laughed mockingly.

By now the other contestants still in the room have all turned their attention to the two. After all they most of them harbored some negative feelings towards Darihel, but didn't feel like confronting the drake. After all, the consort selection contest was a big deal, and most wouldn't to jeopardize their chances. But Senandrias was likely too well connected, and too confident to care about any consequences for her action. Everyone was interested in how the drake was going to respond.

After a moment of pause Darihel looked at the noble girl and said: "If you have any concerns over the legitimacy of my qualifications or submission, I'd suggest that you to take your grievances to the examiners but... may I remind you that doing so would mean that you're accusing the Ministry of the Royal Household of incompetence, as they're in charge off the examination, and of course, the Prince Chernyelo himself. I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Immediately the noble woman's face became red as she pointed at Darihel in anger, but unable to utter a word. There was small chuckle and snickers coming from the other contestants and quickly she rushed out of the room huffing and muttering, most likely curses. Seeing the show was over the others quickly dispersed, and with a tired sigh Darihel also headed back for his own room. He felt really exhausted and the itch from inside his body was bothering him more and more by the moment.

Naturally the whole exchange between Darihel and the other contestants is recorded and collected which will be put together as part of a series which will be aired to the public. The first "episode" will be of the contestants going through the interview process, then going through the first challenge, and so on. Which, of course, means that the interaction between Lady Senandrias and Darihel will soon reach the viewers.

This all ties in with keeping the populace feeling involved, but also to get a sense of who is favorably viewed among them. Which of course only feeds into the competitiveness and ruthlessness between participants. So some of the other candidates other than the Lady Senandrias, though it is possible she put them up to it, are plotting to sabotage the upstart drake in the next round. One is a human male who is from a family that owns the rights to a rare material used for space travel, a being that looks like a genie with purple-hued skin, and a female that has long pointed ears and looks almost like the fair folk in olden tales. Others either don't care or are too focused on their own positions and so decline or ignore the others asking them to join in.

Of course they will still be careful as, while Chernyelo will have the last say regardless of everything else, he still plays by the rule of keeping the majority in mind as he might risk some sort of backlash or rebellion if he adds someone who is highly disliked by the general populace. Which could happen to one of the candidates should they go too far or get caught.

Come night time, after having finished with his work for the night, Chernyelo allows himself to sink into his bed with a long sigh. The talks and negotiations are underway, but so far it seems as though both sides of the distortion are willing to concede a fairly large portion of control to the prince as it was one of his candidates that identified the route. That alone is enough to guarantee the drake a spot in the harem unless something breaking either the rules or laws is done. At which point even having been Chernyelo's pet won't be enough to keep him in the running.

Thinking of his pet reminds him of the readings he's been receiving as the day goes on. It would seem that my toy is going to experience another heat already. Chuckling lowly to himself in amusement, he allows his eyes to close while anticipating the next stage eagerly.

Once again, Darihel was on the bed, sleepless, restless, flip and turning. The past days during the wait has been hellish to say the least, not just because of all the anticipation and nervousness making him uneasy, but also because the growing itch gradually growing in intensity inside his body. At first he tried to ignore it, he tried to convince himself that it was just his wish to go back to Chernyelo's side causing some arousal, as one of the most powerful and reoccurring image of the prince was him engaging in sexual intercourse with Byrin. But as time went on and the sensation became more and more unbearable, and he had to come to term with what was happening to him.

Heat.

This despicable annoyance which came as the result of his transformation into this humanoid form. Even though it had no grew to the utterly debilitating state like the first time he experienced it in the jail, it was getting harder and harder to calm down and think straight. His heartbeat was fast and he was panting heavily. He was also beginning to sweat and on top of it all, his phallus was throbbing hard. Darihel thought about what he should do, perhaps call the witch now and get this thing over with? But then again he remembered the last time he was "helped" by the witch to deal with the curse and it was messy to say the least. It would be a disaster if by the time of the contest he fail to show up, then was found unconscious in his room covered in slime and cum. Luckily Darihel had learned much about sexual matters since last time.

Darihel got off the bed and went into the small shower room included in his suite. He took off his clothes and the moment he pulled off his underwear his erection jumped out eagerly. With an annoyed groan he stepped into the shower and turned the water on, the stream of water drops hitting his tool caused it to jump a little.

"Grrr..." Darihel growled lowly as he held his own tool in his hands and slowly began to pump it. Given the physical state he was in he could easily just indulge in the bodily pleasure he was giving himself and required no additional fantasies to get into the mood. But his mind inevitably provided such stimuli, as he began to replay the intercourse between Chernyelo and Byrin again, only with the human concubine replaced with himself. He imagined being back at Chernyelo's side, being so close to his body, hearing his voice, feeling his touch and breath, listening to him whispering his name, and of course, riding the prince's glorious tool and let it thrust in and out of his rear. Almost instinctively his other hand roamed to his own chest and played with the small little buds there, while his tail circled around and its tip penetrated his tight pucker. It was surprisingly easy as his ass seemed to produce its own lube and the tip of his tail was also quite pointy to make it easier.

"Chernyelo.....Chernyelo....!" Darihel whispered as he felt pleasure quickly build up in his body, and with the combined stimulation from three of his sensitive spots it didn't take much for him to reach climax. He bit his lower lip as he prevented himself to cry like a wild animal, and several bursts of sperm disappeared along with the shower water down the drain. It took Darihel a little time to calm himself down. Once he got out of the shower he felt refreshed. A little tired due to the lack of rest, but generally speaking, refreshed. After getting himself dry he then surrendered to the soft embrace of the bed and soon fell asleep, convinced that he had dealt with the heat without the Witch's help. But of course, what Darihel had accomplished was simply delaying the inevitable, and in fact, made the the eventual heat even worse.

Chernyelo laughs to himself as he has stayed just on the edges of the drake's consciousness to keep track of the other's state. When the other male tries to deal with the heat himself by masturbating, the laugh just couldn't be held back anymore. Instead of either holing up until the heat either passed, which may or may not happen, or ask for help Darihel has just delayed the inevitable and will most likely cause others to suffer the effects of his heat as well. If not soon then eventually.

Perhaps the best part, to the witch at least, is that the drake doesn't realize the name he's chanting and desiring doesn't actually exist. Instead he's actually desiring the person he made the deal with, yet seemed so repulsed by. The cruel irony of it all causes the prince to be even more aroused and he decides to grace his harem with a visit. The harem, naturally, is within the same wing as his room just a secret passage has to be used. Otherwise one has to take the route that Byrin did with Darihel.

Entering the main chamber, he sees the albino laying spread along the sea of cushions. Hearing a door open, the white male looks up and swiftly lifts himself up upon seeing the prince. Tasting the arousal coming from Chernyelo, the albino licks his lips while the feathers along his tail raise and ruffle slightly in anticipation. Grinning, the witch goes over and buries a hand in the soft mane of hair and feathers to hold the other male in place as he kisses him. The other hand goes and easily removes the thin clothe providing the barest semblance of clothing which leaves male all but completely bare.

Sliding his hand along that smooth, cool skin he then reaches around to the fun little toy he had left in this particular harem member. Shierlo (She-air-low) is one that Chernyelo keeps prepped with various toys and makes wait for varying lengths of time before being taken or having them removed. Today marks almost a week with this particular one, which is a dildo modeled after Chernyelo's human cock and turned vibrator. So over the course of the week Shierlo was subjected to random bursts and intensities from the toy within him. So when the prince grabs it and begins to slowly fuck him with it, the feathered serpent wraps his winged arms around Chernyelo's neck with a needy whimper due to how sensitive he is.

After a few moments he pushes Shierlo down firmly by the head to where the prince's cock has been so graciously exposed for the other to worship. Which the albino does swiftly and eagerly until pulled away. The whine is soon turned to a whimper of excitement when he's turned around and his ass is lifted, followed by the toy being fully removed and tossed to the side. With his thighs cradling either side of the smooth skin-scale mixture of the male beneath him, he slides into the eager hole waiting for him. The remainder of the night sees the albino taken several times over and left sated with cum leaking steadily from his well-used hole and his own covering himself and numerous pillows. Not feeling like traveling back to his bed, the two find a clean pile to lay down on and fall asleep.

For Darihel, the next day doesn't bring more fun and pleasure due to happy and horny harem members like it does for the witch, but instead with notice that the next challenge is to be announced. Once again the official makes the announcement at the breakfast to all the contestants. "Good morning. I hope you are all well rested. This challenge will test your abilities to make allies and alliances even in tough situations. All of you have been assigned someone of significance and an item you must procure from them within two days time. Best of luck."

For Senandrias, this is actually another old family that is known for their competitive or rival nature with her family. Nothing too extreme, but definitely not one where her station will make it a breeze for her to get the chosen item. The others are in similar situations, though the drake is perhaps given a slightly harder run of it due to his lack of status at all. He is given a noble known to be recluse and dismissive to others. The items given to each contestant vary. One has to get one of the offspring of a noble's prized animal line, another a small treaty of sorts, and yet another to be allowed to borrow a family heirloom.

Darihel woke up feeling completely refreshed and energetic, as he was not tormented by the irritating heat during last night. He made it to the usual room where all the contestants gathered, and learned of his next challenge during breakfast: they would have to get a specific items from certain nobles, each candidates' target being different. For Darihel, his target was Viscount Gereon and he was supposed to get a jeweled watch from him. When the name of the Viscount was announced Darihel could heal the chatter and giggle coming from the other contestants, and he assumed it was directed at him, though not sure why. In any case they finished their breakfast, and the candidates quickly dispersed to find their own targets.

"Well, guess I'll head out too." Darihel muttered as he went up to a servant nearby and asked: "Excuse me, do you know where can I find Viscount Gereon?"

"Sorry sir... I'm just a lowly servant. How would I know where the great nobles are?" The man replied.

Darihel nodded and bid farewell to the man. If he was too low in rank to know such things, then all he had to do was to find someone high enough. With that thought in mind Darihel moved on to find someone else for the Viscount's whereabouts. He assumed that since it was part of the test to find and persuade the Viscount to give him his watch, the nobleman should be easy enough to locate.

Sadly he was proven wrong. After almost a whole day of searching the nobleman was nowhere to be found. At first he thought he was simply asking the wrong people, but it quickly became clear that many who he asked simply withheld information from him, and the smirk on their faces meant that they likely did so out of malice. Did the other contestants had something to do with this? Or were the people he ran into were discriminating him due to him not being human? As time was running out Darihel was quickly getting impatient. At this rate it wouldn't be a surprise that the next person who said "I don't know" with a smirk would get a punch in the face from the irritated drake.

Naturally Chernyelo heard about the set up for his pet, and felt conflicted between being amused and annoyed. It wouldn't do to have the other cut out so soon after all. With a pleasant smile on his face, the prince went to "talk" with those in charge of the tasks and the random assignments. None could say for sure what they had discussed with the prince, nor say what happened, but for the rest of the challenges a terrible sense of fear would come over them anytime they so much as thought about deliberately interfering with Darihel.

Despite having nipped the problem in the bud, so to speak, there's nothing he can do to assist Darihel currently as it would be undue favoritism and such. Even more unfortunate for the drake is that despite being on the grounds somewhere, the Viscount is notorious for being hard to find and even harder to engage. Which makes it very likely that many of the staff don't actually know where he is, but are also enjoying not being of help to the upstart contestant. Viscount Gereon had only agreed to be one of the candidates since he was already on planet, but being from old blood and older money does things to a person.

Said viscount hums silently to himself as he wanders one of the few truly restricted areas of Chernyelo's home. The harem is one, the Lovely Death another. The Lovely Death is a green house of sorts that has numerous rare and beautiful plants and creatures. However, all are deadly in some shape or form. It is for this reason why only those with special clearance are allowed in or even know of it. Far too often when it was first built, back when the royal family had settled on the planet, guests were allowed to freely visit there would be deaths due to being unwary or not paying attention. Gereon is not the type to be such, and had even contributed by sending new species to be added.

After making his way through, Gereon then continues his perusal of other areas of note in the prince's home while avoiding any pathways that would cause others to notice him. Though in all fairness his face isn't well known, and he doesn't tend to dress much like others of his station. This also helps him with fading into the background and avoiding the other nobility.

Darihel was getting more and more anxious as time went by. After hours of searching there was still no clue of where the viscount could be. Even though he had a pretty good memory and thus didn't have to worry about getting lost, the palace was simply too large for him to search alone.

"Think Darihel.... Think!" the drake muttered to himself. Given what little he knew about the Viscount, he was someone who was quite reclusive, and prefer not to mingle with other nobles, which meant that he would most likely be hiding at some quiet corner. With that in mind Darihel closed his eyes and listened carefully. Then he opened his eyes and simply decided to head towards the direction where there were less talking.

Eventually Darihel found himself at a green house of sorts. For a brief moment Darihel forgot about his mission as he was rather impressed by the collection of strange exotic plants. But at the same time he was rather baffled, since as far as he knew all the little parks and gardens inside the palace were carefully maintained to be aesthetically pleasing, yet this place was different. Though tidy, there seemed to be no apparent reason or logic behind the arrangement of plants. As he walked his attention was caught by a strange plant with blue leaves and big purple flowers, and it was giving out a rather pleasant scent. As he closed in curiously for another sniff suddenly the flower closed while squeezing his face with a splash of green liquid.

"Yikes!" Darihel exclaimed as he wiped the liquid off his face. "Where's my handkerchief.... ah! There it is!" he said as he took the small clothe from his pocket and dried his hands. Unbeknownst to him, the liquid which he got splashed with was extremely toxic and would kill most animal on contact, but clearly it had no effect on the humanoid drake. Surprised and embarrassed, Darihel looked around to make sure nobody saw the what just happened then he tucked away the handkerchief and left, now smelling like that strange Flower.

After quickly escaping his scene of embarrassment, Darihel roamed down the quiet pathways of the palace, and soon found a man ahead of him. "Excuse me! Sir!" Darihel waved as he jogged towards the stranger, who judging by the clothing was not a servant but a noble of some kind, but perhaps not one of very high status. Then he saw the man's face and leaned slightly closer to observe him better. "Parden me if I'm mistaken but.... are you Viscount Gereon by any chance?"