I don't want to be mated (me and YellowMelon)

Ms.Flair

ST4kkFE.jpg

6"1/ Great build with some tattoos on his body.

Hair/

Eye color/

Name: Akira Starlight

Akira has always had been wild child while growing up. He would rebel, and even got tattoos against his parents better wishes. He dyed his his weird colors, to keep him looking weird, not normal. He knew that he would be taken to a meeting to find his so called meeting. Before his time, he acted fast and decided to run away from his parents home with only one bag of stuff.

He moved from place to place, but he was found eventually somewhere. He was defiant, not wanting to go but his parents told him he would bring shame if he didn't go. He told his parents he would go, but he told them he would be making promises with finding somebody.

Today was the day, as he stood there infront of a mirror. He was brushing his bright hair, as Akira ran the brush through his hair. He wasn't dressed, as he was looking himself over with the tattoos that was on his body. Touching himself for the moment, before he let out a long sigh. "Come on Akira. You have to do this, just go and your parents will shut up about this," Akira told himself out loud.

Starting to get dressed, he through on something that was formal but casual. Stepping out of the room in his parent's place, he had grabbed his bag that had anything he would need. After he was ready, he was drove straight to the meeting place.

The meeting place was a nice building, that had was beautifully decorated. When he was dropped off, Akira headed into the building and signed in for the meeting. Entering the area, he noticed how people were standing around and socializing with each other. There was servers and even a bar, for anyone who wanted a drink while there. Akira kept to himself, as he pulled out his phone to try to keep to himself. It was kind of intimidating to be around dragons who easily kill him.

He turned his attention toward a stage, where there was two people coming into the view. A dragon and human pair...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowMelon

• Ms.Flair

m8fg9f.jpg

6407sp.jpg

6'0" | Has defined muscles but not overly so

Pale complexion | Has a naturally low body temperature

Silky White hair | Bangs cover his right eye

Blue eyes | His eyes are a bit clouded (appears to be a transparent white film over them)

Name: Marquise Windsor

Appeared Age: 23

Actual Age: Unknown

Marquise gives the aura of a stoic, strictly business type of a man. While he does have a serious attitude, he is also a charming and gentle individual. He doesn't anger easily because he can control his temper. He's not one to be concerned with things that he deems unimportant, but that doesn't mean he won't offer to help, although he may complain under his breath about what he is doing. He doesn't do much for fun, so, if he's not outside in his garden, he's likely watching his plants inside or doing work in his office. His personality as a dragon, however, is something completely different.

Being a wind dragon, Marquise has the ability to create and manipulate wind in his human and dragon form. However, it is much easier to do so as a dragon because he has more energy. While he can create wind when there is no breeze present by manipulating the air, more energy must be used than if he manipulated existing forces. His power is strong, being a high-ranking dragon of his type, but he still has limitations. The strength of his ability is dependent on his health. His other strengths include enhanced speed, hearing, and sense of smell.

His dragon form is made by solidifying white mist, smoke, or cloud. Thus, he can become invisible by traveling as these forms. When invisible, his body can be revealed by rain or any type of dust. A weakness to his powers is fire. He is also a bit more fragile than other dragons, so, while he does have the ability to heal himself, he cannot last long in a fight where he is heavily damaged.

For Marquise, finding a mate was his responsibility. He knew it was something that had to be done, even though he would much rather live his life not tied to anyone, so he would go to these meetings, but he wasn’t in a rush to find a mate. Unlike humans, who were more-than-not forced to attend these events, dragons had a choice. There was never a short supply of dragons attending because wanting to bond with a lifelong mate was innate, especially for higher-ranking dragons whose purpose for having a mate was to breed. Being a dragon himself, Marquise also had that innate longing. However, his wasn’t as strong as others and he had no instinct to immediately have children. He had periods where he felt a bit more alone some days, but the loneliness never ate away at him.

He was dressed in a white business suit with a red tie. Although there was no formal dress code for the event, dragons tended to display more formal wear as a way of showing off, while humans took on a casual look. The humans weren’t trying to impress anyone. Marquise approached the building where the meeting was being held. This would be the third. If this meeting was any similar to his last two, he would simply have to go in, wait until all the humans were taken, and then leave. From his experience, this usually took about two hours or less, and, from the looks of it, he arrived just in time for the event to begin.

“Hello, hello!” A human greeted excitedly on stage with a red-headed dragon companion. “How are you guys?” He briefly paused as if waiting for a reply. “I’m sure all of you know why you’re here and, for those who don’t, this is where you find your mates, the person who you'll form a life-long bond with.” Of course, there was no added explanation why mates needed to be found, the real reason why this event existed. “As is common, there are more dragons here than humans, so, while any dragon is free to go, the event will not end until all the humans have been taken up. I would like to apologize for the short supply.” This was not the first time the apology had been made. “Now, here is my own mate to discuss some rules everyone will need to follow.” The audience clapped when the dragon stepping forward.

“First and foremost,” the dragon spoke loudly, “If you want to fight, take it outside, or pay for the damages. Secondly, humans, you cannot leave.” If one were to try, the guards near the exits would be kind enough to stop them. “And, lastly, please do make an effort. If all goes well, you won’t be here for long.” The last statement seemed to be directed towards the humans in the room more-so than to the other species. With only those three rules, the event had officially begun with the hosts stepping off the stage.

Marquise politely listened to the speakers, then turned his attention to a row of chairs aligned against a wall. The chairs were located behind the refreshment tables, so he claimed one of the unoccupied spaces. He much preferred to observe at the beginning of any social event than to jump right in talking. He simply didn’t have the energy to talk throughout the whole event. He eyed several individuals with his focus more on the dragons than the humans present. Everything was fine now, but he knew the first rule wasn't made without reason.

Akira stayed where he was, watching from his own spot. While he listened to the two people, he let out a growl inside of his throat. Looking around the room, he noticed there was many humans there, and more dragons too. There was variety of them, both females and males among the group. When it was time to socialize more, Akira tried to keep himself busy and away from the dragons.

Looking over the people, he noticed a few people that made him sigh. This is what he tried to avoid, to stop from going to these events. He ran to get away from these rules, but he was found though. Shaking his head, he tried to avoid people by ignoring people or being rude to them in one way or another. Reaching the refreshment area, he grabbed something to eat as he spotted something sitting there.

"Say anything, and you will regret. I rather not be here, and I am willing to risk something to get out of this place," Akira warned with a roll of his eyes. Akira ran his hand through his brightly colored hair, as he pulled out his phone to check on things. Akira ran his hands through his hair more, as he pulled at his shirt to show what true tattoo's were over his body currently.

Akira slowly moved from the table, but he was stopped by another dragon. He grabbed by arm, as he growled out. "Let me go..." Akira muttered as he pushed back and was let go. The dragon only shook their head, pushing Akira to the floor. The dragon spotted the other, walking over to him with a wave. "Look what just happened there. Stupid human thinks it has a choice.." the dragon spoke out. "I heard he tried to run away..from all of this. That's what the rumors say.."

"You gonna find someone? Or just stay on the side-lines.."

((Good First Post. Thanks for starting this RP))

Marquise was a little taken aback by being suddenly talked to. He shouldn’t have been, considering the event was a social function, but he was, especially since the person who was talked to him had threatened him. He didn’t know what the man was referring to, but he assumed it had something to do with him being rather disrespectful to different individuals here. He had noticed, but he didn’t judge. He was much more interested in what the human had mentioned to him in passing than how he acted. As the other occupied himself with his phone, the wind dragon returned to minding his own business, as they say. He saw no need to question why he had been talked to like that.

However, his peace was disrupted again shortly after. The same human was involved, but, this time, he did not cause the disturbance. A hotheaded dragon was at fault. Marquise saw no reason for the dragon to push the human like that. Due to their nature, some dragons were more forceful than others, as they liked to show they were the dominant species between the two, even though humans were, and have always been, born with that knowledge. Just because the species coexisted didn’t mean both were equal. There was a reason why dragons tolerated the humans around them, because, if they did not, this world would surely not exist.

“Oh? I must have missed what happened because I have no idea what you think I saw,” Marquise lied, already annoyed with the dragon who approached him, “And I’ve heard of those rumors, but they’re just as we say they are. Rumors.” He wasn’t keen on knowing if they were true or not and he didn’t care for sharing such rumors anyway. He kept his own beliefs to himself and let others do the gossiping. He had no business in those matters because he didn’t care to. Although, hearing a human run away from having to find a mate was uncommon since not being mated was worse than doing so.

“I much prefer to stay on the side-lines,” the dragon admitted to the other. At least that was what he usually preferred. Now, though, he wanted to change it up. He already spotted someone he liked. While his like for this individual was a bit strange, he found him to be a way out of these meetings. That is, if the other agreed to what he wanted to do. If not, this would be another meeting where he wouldn’t accomplish the end goal of this event. “But, thanks to you, I think I found someone.”

Marquise stood from his seat and made his way over to the human from before, the one who had voiced his displeasure for being here. “Hello,” he greeted as he stepped in front of the younger man, “I noticed you earlier at the refreshment table.” He had threatened him after all. “And I have a proposition to make.” As he said this, Marquise lowered his voice, proving what he wanted to say was not a joke. “You had mentioned earlier that you were ‘willing to risk something’ to get out of here. I want to know what that something is.”

Akira was trying to stay out of trouble as he was trying to not bother anyone. He needed to find a way out of here and fast, before he was forced into something.

Walking around, he was stopped by the same male from refreshment table. Hearing the first words, made him kind of regret what he said. He was gonna say something but he noticed how he changed and what he said. What was he willing to risk? Was it his life?

"Maybe my own life and my sanity..." was the answer that came from him. Lowering his voice low enough, "Those rumors are true. I did run after I became of age. I don't want to be forced into something just because it is by law. Why do you care? You can leave whenever, I can only leave when I get chosen. That will be fat chance that I will let that happen.."

Moving his hair from his face, he let out a sigh. "I am curious what you had in plan?"

Marquise almost thought about taking back what he had said at the reply he received. This human had a bit more of an attitude than he expected, although it was something he could work with. It livened up the conversation, that was for sure. The dragon rolled his eyes at the initial answer he got. It seemed as though the human had already risked his sanity, confirming the rumors were true, and risking his life would simply be drastic. Luckily, he wanted a much simpler thing. Simple to him, at least. To the human, especially this one, maybe not so much.

"You wouldn't be the only one," Marquise continued to whisper, then explained his own situation, "You're right. I can leave here whenever I want, but I've already attended two such meetings like this, making this my third, and I don't want there to be a fourth." The human could surely hear the distaste in his voice for this event. "While I may have a choice in coming to these events, I still have to find a mate. A dragon of my status can't go without one. It doesn't look good." He didn't expect this man to fully understand what he was saying or care about his words.

"What I want you to do is become my mate." He knew what he just said probably didn't sound too appealing, but he wanted to make his intentions clear. He had no ulterior motives with his plan. "I'm really not interested in having a mate, and I see that you aren't interested either. While becoming my mate won't make you free, as you know, we both want out of this place and this is the only solution I can think of. I don't care what you do as my mate if you agree, but your actions will reflect on me, so you can't run away again or anything." There were some dragons who, once claiming a mate, controlled every aspect of their human mate, and others who gave them as much freedom as they could. He intended to be the latter.

"If this doesn't interest you, I wish you luck with the mate you do choose," Marquise briefly paused, "Sorry, I meant with the mate who chooses you." A small smirk appeared on the wind dragon's face as he waited for a reaction. There was nothing more he could offer the other or guarantee him. If he chose to be his mate, he would have to set down a few ground rules, but that was all. He wouldn't force him to do anything and he hoped he had made that clear. He had no interest in doing such things, anyway. However, Marquise was also prepared for his offer to be rejected, although it would be silly on the human's part.

Akira waited for him to speak, wanting to know his reaction and what his words would to be his answer. Listening to him, he could see that this dragon was not enjoying this event and how much he hated.

Hearing those next words,Akira almost immediately left but he decided to give this guy a chance. Listening to more words, he noticed that this was more like a contract of fake mates. That was something he could do, and handle. When he was finished, he would tell the dragon his answer. A shiver did go down his body, hearing those last words.

Akira was silent at the moment, but was ready to speak now. "That offer sounds way too good but I don't want to stay here though," Akira started. "You got yourself a 'mate'. Now, get us out of here," Akira said right after. Staying where he was, he looked around. "So couple questions. Is there something we need to do now before we get to leave? Also what is gonna happen with my living situation?"

The dragon was glad to receive the answer he hoped for. He was relieved the human chose to accept his offer instead of dismiss it. He had made a smart choice. They both had. Marquise raised an eyebrow at the mention of his offer seeming "too good," although the skepticism that was voiced clearly wasn't a huge concern, since being uncertain didn't stop him. In no way had the dragon been joking about what he said. Perhaps it was his straightforwardness that made it seem like he wasn't telling the truth. Whatever the human really thought of him didn't matter at this point. He had agreed to the plan and he was going to see it through.

"Yes, I need to mark you." Marquise responded, not giving his soon-to-be mate a choice in the matter. If the human was to leave, the guards needed to see he was bonded to someone. That was the only way any human could leave the event, requiring them to bear a visible mark made by a dragon. As terrifying as being marked sounded, it was a simple and painless process. The most the human would feel was a breath of cold air against his skin.

Going to mark him, the wind dragon reached out his hand to touch one of the bigger star tattoos on the neck of the blue-haired individual. The location of the tattoo was the perfect place to put his own mark. Without hesitation, he blew air onto the spot he desired and the tattoo began to transform. The star rapidly spun in a circle while its arms thinned and elongated themselves. The movement stopped when Marquise touched its center. There, his mark showed. It was a swirl with a clear blue dragon's eye in the center, mimicking the eye of a hurricane.

"Regarding your living situation, you will live with me. I have a spare bedroom, so no need to worry about fitting in. It is expected of mates to live together anyway." He quickly addressed the second concern. Where else did the human think he could live? If he was to walk around with his mark, yet not live with him, that would raise suspicion when people found out. Because they were only pretending to be mates, it was especially important for the public to think they actually were. He couldn't have the human screwing the plan up already. They hadn't even left the place yet.

Marquise motioned for the man to follow him as he headed for the exit. He could make it passed the guards easily since they had no concern for dragons, but he knew the human would be stopped, and that he was.

Akira stood where he was, before he heard those next words. He didn't want to stay there, he didn't want to be marked at all. Though, he knew if he wanted out of here without any hassle then he would need to be marked. He had heard from people with how it felt like, it couldn't be any worse then the tattoo's he got near his neck. Those were pretty painful.

Akira braced for any pain, but there wasn't any pain at all. He felt for the mark, touching the mark now on his neck. Akira stopped touching the mark, before he heard about his own living situation. "I am huh? That sucks," Akira said with a huff with a roll of his eyes. "If you keep more control like some of these dragons do, I don't know what I will do," Akira said in a mutter with a quick shake of his head.

Akira moved with the man, going along with him. He thought he could get out easily, but he was stopped by guards. The one guard was inspecting her, as they were looking over his new mark that was just made. It seemed everything was gonna go well until someone opened up their mouth toward Akira. "Looks like you are not escaping now. You are chained and belonging to a dragon now," one guard said.

Akira's hands turned into fists, ready to swing right on the guy. "You better hope he keeps me close," Akira threatened with a growl. He pushed off toward where Marquise was, as Akira steadied himself after. Someone came over, "Make sure you keep him under control. He has a nasty mouth and maybe keep him on the chain," came the person before they walked away from there.

"Can we..just head out now.." Akira said, letting out a sigh.

Marquise was not fond of the remark the guard made towards his human. It did not surprise him, but he still found it unnecessary. The sole job of the guard was to ensure the human was not walking out without reason, nothing more. He saw his mark, so it was his right to leave. He should not have tried to incite any trouble. The dragon took a small step forward when he saw the human close his hands to form fists. He was ready to intervene if something were to happen, but he hoped the other knew better than to react. He could only do so much if the situation were to become worse. He had the power to stop a fight, but he could not stop any legal actions that were made against the human, especially if it was one of assault and he witnessed it.

Marquise released a cold breath of air out of relief as his assumed mate came towards him. He had behaved well. About to leave again, but quickly stopped, he paid little attention to the comment that was made in passing. It was of no importance to him what others thought he should do with the human. How he treated the individual was up to him. He would not allow others to push him to do what he did not want, and he wouldn't let them control the human either. They could make comments, they could make demands, and they could give him their suggestions, but he was not their responsibility. As far as they were concerned, he was his mate, so he was under his supervision. He would give him his own rules, not that of others.

"Yes, let's go." The wind dragon agreed as he walked away from the building for the final time. "I want you to pay no attention to what others say to you or what is said to me about you," Marquise spoke frankly, "There are a lot of dragons who feel the need to share how they think mates should be treated. Some care more about them while others want to make it known that their in control." The man briefly paused. "As for you, I expect you to behave properly. You can look how you please with your tattoos and all, but you should not defy me. Dragons and their mates are also to be treated with respect, especially the more established couples, whether you like or dislike them." The public was always well-aware of those who were newly mated and the more experienced mates. The latter were always viewed with more respect.

"I don't care what you do at home, however, whether you talk to me or not. I have my own work to attend to and I'm sure you have yours." Marquise walked up to a white car, his car, with tinted windows and a black leather interior. He opened the passenger door for the human before walking around the front of the car and pulling open the door to the driver's seat. "Get in." He demanded as he sat inside and shut the door closed. "It might be a little cold." He murmured. With the car on, the air conditioner was on full blast. The vents to the left and right to him were facing him while the others were simply on. Being a wind dragon and preferring cold temperature, but not freezing, his normal body temperature was lower than what humans considered normal.

"By the way," he moved the gear shift from park to drive with his foot on the break pedal, "We never did exchange names. I'm Marquise, but you can shorten it to Mark."

Akira walked away from the building, looking back at the building. The same building that would have kept him here until someone else found him here. Looking back forward, as he walked closely to him but not too close though. Hearing what he said first about not paying attention to what others say, he laughed a little at that. Shaking his head, with his hands in his pockets now but still walking with him. "You think that is easy? It is gonna be hard for me to even to do that. I will try, and that's all I am gonna say about that," Akira said. Hearing that next part, he shook his head again but rolled his eyes too. He didn't want to say what was on his mind but it did come out. "I hope you are not like that.." Akira said rather bluntly. Akira quieted himself, as he listened what else he had to say. "Behave properly? I can do that, you did just save me from another dragon taking me into maybe a worse situation."

Akira nodded his head, but spoke up on that situation. "I don't really have a job. I do gigs for money, but that's all. I don't have a good consistent job," Akira told him. Akira thought about the gigs him, as his face had turned red but it disappeared very soon after. Walking up to the car, he climbed into the passenger side as put the seat belt across. He felt the cold hit him,but it wasn't that bad at all. "It is not that bad. Its not even that cold," Akira started. "What kind of dragon are you? You never told me that, I think.."

Hearing his name, he slowly nodded to it. "I think I told you but my name is Akira. Well Mark, I am glad we are on some sort of good terms," Akira said. "I have some questions though. My question is that will someone come to us to evaluate us at any time? We would need to fake it if that were to happen?"Akira asked him.

There was something in his head, and he didn't even want to think about it. It was kids, he didn't want to even think about that part.

"I am not gonna be your house wife or homebody type of human who stays home? I want my freedom, but I am willing to work with you on this."

Marquise was surprised to hear the human wasn't bothered by the air conditioner running in his car. He's had other dragons complain about it, which made sense, if they were a fire dragon, but some wind dragons preferred warmer temperatures than him. Being asked the type of dragon he was, he let out a chuckle. Was it not obvious to tell? Then again, he had yet to look at the mark he put on him, which would have clearly given him the answer. The dragon would have thought his appearance would have given it away at least: white hair, cloudy eyes, a white suit. If not that, then his liking to the cold. On the other hand, he knew he could be easily mistaken to humans as a snow dragon, but those dragons traveled with the snow. He did not.

"I never did tell you. I am clearly a wind dragon, silly human." He couldn't help but to add the name calling. If the human were to live with him and be around him, he expected the other to brush up on his knowledge about his species. "Wind dragons are not as common as the other kinds of dragons. I expect you to read about my kind, so you may know more about me without asking. I have some books at home, but you can find much more at the library." Marquise could not be bothered by questions the other could easily find the answers to with his own research. He knew there were some things about him that his mate would not be able to find online, but he would not grant him that information.

"I don't think you ever did tell me your name or, if you had, I was not listening. I was much too interested with making the plan work." He strictly paid attention to the rode as he drove, not bothering to give Akira a single glance. "You seem to be full of questions, Akira." He made the statement with slight distaste. "We will not be privately evaluated at any time. As I mentioned, what we do in private no one will know about, so you can ignore me as you please and I will return the favor. When we are in public, or there is a guest in my house, we must fake being mates." They may have to fake being mates more than they want, but it was necessary, and he had come up with the plan after all, with Akira agreeing. He was sure the human knew the consequences if they were found out.

"I do not expect you to be my housewife of any sorts, but I can't have you always leaving the house." Marquise glanced at his rearview mirror. "You have a reputation around here already, and, with the way some dragons act around you, as I witnessed, I can't have you going out alone until I can trust that you won't get into trouble." While he wouldn't lock him in the house or chain him as someone had suggested he do, he wouldn't give him full freedom to do what he pleased in public. He said he would behave properly, but actions were different form words. He needed to see Akira behavior to reward him. "Wherever you have to go, if I am free, I will drive you. If not, you will not be going unless you find someone who can take my place as your chauffeur, and I must agree to that person."

Marquise turned the wheel and pulled into his driveway. "Here we are." He mumbled, stopping the car and then getting out of it, waiting for Akira to do the same. His white, two-story house with a garage and porch clearly showed he had money, and he was proud of it. The dragon stepped onto the porch to unlock the front door, pushing it open with a turn of the handle. Inside, he stepped into the living room. The kitchen was to the right, the dining room was to the left, and straight ahead, along the back wall, was the stairs to the second floor. Within the mixture of mostly white furniture, with some black and red, there were many plants placed around the house.

"Feel free to explore. Do not go to the second floor though. That is my workspace. Your bedroom is where that door is, next to the stairs." He pointed to the place he was talking to before walking into the kitchen.

Akira was little annoyed and upset from that name he was called. "Well I didn't know..or just didn't care," Akira said, saying the last part more under his breath. Rolling his eyes, as he leaned his body against the door frame. "Yeah I will read those books, and I can find stuff online too," Akira commented with a nod of his head.

Akira didn't say much, as he wasn't really paying attention that much anymore. "I do, because I am curious of what is going on," Akira pointed out with a cross of his arms. Akira heard the information, as she nodded his head to show he was still listening. "You are right. We do have to fake it to make it, when it comes to public appearances. I knew that was gonna be something," Akira commented. He knew if they were found out, that it would mean hell for them both.

Akira huffed out, when he heard that statement about him not being able to leave or not be always out. "That is not fair," Akira muttered under his breath. "Just because of that incident there, you don't trust me? I am sorry that I am have a personality not like some humans who are with some dragons..."Akira said, with a growl leaving his lips. Akira let out a sigh, leaning slowly back in the chair. "I can handle that, but I don't know if you will like anyone that I will find. I guess I could find a friend to help me out," Akira said.

Akira saw the house before them, as he looked it over. "It looks pretty nice," Akira commented. Akira got out of the car, as he looked over the property. Going along with him, he made little notes inside his head while he walked with him. Getting into the house, he noticed there was a lot of white around here. "There is a lot of white stuff here..." Akira stated. Akira gave him a look, "I wont go there but what about those books? I want to go to my room too. So I can read them."

Marquise returned to the living room with a spray bottle in his hand to water his house plants. He was pleased to hear Akira comment on his house, especially since it expressed his approval of where he would be living. He would have had to take action if the human had voiced his displeasure with the place. He wanted him to feel as much at home as he was, although he knew it would take time for him to warm up to staying in a new place. “I have to say white is a color I find appealing to the eye, or, at least, my eyes.” The dragon flashed a quick smile as he started to move around the room, spraying his potted plants with water. “The pureness of the color is attractive, is it not? And, if one is not careful, it can also be quite a dirty color.” His fondness for what he found attractive was something he always liked to talk about, and, if he had a chance to, he would ramble.

He set the spray bottle next to a row of cacti aligned in the center of a glass coffee table before addressing what Akira wanted. He hadn’t expected him to ask for those books so soon or be willing to read them at all. He thought he would have had to push him to read them later down the road, after living with him for a week or so, if the human were to pester him too many about who he was or what he did. Well, he was glad he was showing an interest. “I hadn’t thought you would want to read those books now,” he admitted with a sigh, “They’re upstairs.” He had told Akira that the second floor was off-limits, but he did not take into account where the books he mentioned earlier were located. This complicated things, but not much.

He motioned for the other to follow him as he made his way up the stairs to the second floor. “You may ignore the order I made earlier, but only for this room.” He briefly stopped on the top stair and glanced at Akira behind him to make sure the human understood him. While he had agreed to obey his rule last time, he did not want to assume that he would agree to the changed rule. Curiosity might soon get his mate but he would worry about that when it happened. Marquise finally allowed Akira on the floor and pushed opened the door directly to their right. The one room the human was allowed to go in was conveniently located at the top of the stairs, so he would not be tempted to explore any further. That was what the dragon hoped for, anyway.

The room was, very clearly, designed as a reading room. It mimicked a small library with a bookshelf stretching from the ceiling to the floor against each wall., making a total of four. There was even a computer desk, with a computer on it, in the center of the room and, in front of that desk, was another wooden desk simply for reading. Both desks had a chair but shared one desk light. “Because there are no windows, it can get pretty dark in here if you shut the door, and the single light doesn’t help much, so keep the door open and the hall light on if you please.” The wind dragon approached one of the bookshelves and switched the places of two books that were beside each other, fixing the order. “I organized these books myself. They are alphabetized by book title, not author. If you are looking to read about wind dragons, I suggest you search in the w’s.” With that little help, Marquise exited the room and went to his own study, the room located at the end of the hall.

Akira found himself on the couch, as he sat there for the time. Looking at him, when he was returned with the spray bottle. Watching him spray the plants down, he nodded his head. "Yeah it is appealing color. It can be, but that is life," Akira said to him. "Those plants are nice too.." Akira commented.

Akira was showing interest in what was going around, and he rather not be insulted anymore for his intelligence. "I wanted to read those books because I rather not be insulted by you for not knowing. Why not learn the information," Akira said with a shrug of his shoulders. Akira gave him a confused look, with a cock of his head. "I thought..I was not aloud up there, but I guess there are..exceptions," Akira started to say, going quiet now.

AKira moved to follow Marc, and up the stairs to the second floor. "Only for this room? Well thank you for the clarification. It was getting confusing to me," Akira admitted to him. Akira wanted to see more of the top floor, but he decided for now he would try to stay good. Akira went through the room, as he pushed past the room as he started to look around. This one room was okay, but the rest wasn't? That was still frustrating to him but it was something he needed to handle with.

Akira was inside of the reading room, as he started to look over the room with curiousity. Moving to touch the bookshelf, feeling texture on the bookshelves and even on the books. Nodding his head, "I will keep the door open so I can get light in," Akira said to him. Watching him get the order right, he listened to him more. When he was done talking, Akira moved to leave the room but stopped. He headed back inside of the reading room, as Akira pulled out the selected books for his reading. Looking over at the computer, he wondered if he get in contact with a friend through that.

He started to read the books, flipping through the pages before he felt his phone vibrate. Checking it, he let out a sigh with a shake of his head. Resting his head on the desk, looking at the text. It was one of clients, who would pay for gigs but how would he get out. Should he try to sneak out or just ask his mate right out?

Marquise was already at work in his study. He slipped his suit jacket off and replaced it with a lab coat. He had made sure to close the door to his study room, although not lock it, so Akira would not know what he was doing, but he would be ready to check on him if he was called for. Being a botanist, and a top researcher for the company he worked for, he was able to research plants in his own home. He specialized in creating new plants and improving the traits of existing plants. He was currently trying to improve the traits of several carnivorous plants to make them larger. That was a project he was pursuing by, and for, himself. While his main research under microscopes and doing lab work was performed in the room he was in now, the plants he had to observe were located in different rooms on the second floor. This was the reason why the rooms were off-limits.

The dragon viewed different plant cells with a microscope and sketched what he saw in his notebook, adding additional details as notes on the bottom of the page. Because he worked from home, his boss required daily check-ups on his research, always wanting to see some progress. He had to e-mail him his daily notes, along with anything of importance, and one of his coworkers would be sent to his house to visually check on his work. This happened once a month and, for this month, he was anticipating an arrival within the week. Marquise did not know when the coworker would exactly arrive. He never knew, as it was supposed to be a surprise, but he caught on that someone always came the last week of the month, which made sense, since a final report for all researchers had to be passed in at the end of every month.

Marquise finished off his notes before closing his notebook and bringing it with him into a different room. The whole back wall of the room was a window, allowing sunlight to reach the plants being housed there. The researcher grabbed the measuring tape that was on an end table, next to the entrance way. He then started to take measurements of the first plant in the row, a carnivorous sundew. The room he was in only held his carnivorous plants. He was studying ways to improve them and had already combined different traits from different plant species to create a carnivore of his own. The latter was still in the process of growing, and monitored in a separate room.

Akira stayed in the study and reading room area, but finally gave in to the client. He moved to grab his stuff, collecting some of the books where he put them in his bag. Sneaking downstairs, he checked his phone before he slipped out the front door. After he got outside, he was able to get a ride to the current event that he was getting hired to attend.

When Akira arrived at the event, he got dressed into one of the many outfits that he was given to wear. Today he was working a event where he would serve food, drinks and even entertain guests that were there. There was dragons there, but there was humans with them. Akira thought he wasn't gonna be seen and be able to get back without Marquise knowing that he left in the first place. Someone spotted him, while he was giving some drinks and food to other guests that were around in the current room.

It was a dragon who had called Marquise, leaving a message on the cell phone saying he spotted Akira there at a club event that he was attending. He even texted him a picture of Akira with the message; 'Doesn't this look like him?'.

When Akira had left, the study was left in a mess where there was some books open. The computer was on with his social media on where he had personal page for his cross-dressing. There was something more..dangerous out there as there was a site left on one particular topic.

Dragon Hunters and the family that were currently still alive and active in their duty.

-

If Marquise came to see him, he was playboy outfit which was bright pink, black stockings and some cute shoes to go along with him. He was sitting among some men, where he was sharing a drink with them.

Marquise could not hear his cell phone ringing because he had purposefully left it downstairs. He couldn't have anyone interrupting him with his work unless it was an emergency. Most people knew this. All the important people, at least. If there was an emergency, then he told his coworkers to call his house phone or to simply e-mail him. If he did not pick up or reply right away, then he was actually busy, and the emergency would have to wait. Without knowing an important call was coming in, the researcher continued to do his measurements until all the plants had been counted for, his notebook was complete, and he had logged the information into the computer. This took about about two hours. When he was finally done, he removed his lab coat and locked his office rooms. Now, he headed to his bedroom to exchange his business suit with more casual clothes: jeans and a V-neck t-shirt.

The dragon did not find silence from tbe reading room to be unusual. Had he forgotten about Akira? Of course not. He kept the human in his thoughts, but not obsessively. He had little reason to suspect anything happened to him, especially since he seemed so obedient. Because of this, Marquise didn't bother to peek into the room he was supposedly in, as he made his way downstairs. He didn't want to disturb his reading, after all. The older man grabbed his cell phone and went to rest on his leather couch. Perhaps I should take a nap. With this in mind, he began to close his eyes when his home screen lit up, showing he had two notifications: a voicemail and a text. He clicked on the message first, seeing there was one attachment, but what he saw confused him.

"Who?" He questioned himself. He enlarged the photo to get a better look. The face certainly looked familiar, and the tattoos in the picture certainly stood out... Akira?! It couldn't be. Wasn't he here? Marquise studied the picture more when he noticed a familiar mark on the person in the photo. He zoomed in on the mark to make sure of what he saw. That was definitely his mark. Each dragon had a unique seal to their name, where no other dragon could replicate another's. He played the voicemail, listening for a location.

"Hey, Mark! I'm at this club for an event and I think your mate is here." With Marquise and Akira being new mates since this morning, news traveled fast. "I'm not sure if you let him here, but other coworkers of his have their mates with them, so I think you should be with him. I'll send you a picture."

"Akira!" The dragon yelled, wanting a response, but knowing he won't get one. "Akira!" He shouted his name again, angrily, as he went to check on him, although there was no one to check on. It was an empty room. Marquise eyed the space Akira had been working at, noticing the computer had been turned on. He moved the mouse to search through what the human had been viewing. "Cross-dressing?" He mumbled to himself. That must be the gigs the human mentioned to him in the car ride earlier. No matter what his gig was, though, that didn't give him permission to run off to it. He opened another tab where the title caught his interest. "The ancestry of dragon hunters..." A sense of fear passed over Marquise, but he continued to read, curious as to why the human would search the site. However, he would need to find Akira to get any answers, so he closed all the tabs and shut down the computer.

The wind dragon arrived at the address given to him in the voicemail. He was already in the club, trying to pinpoint where his mate was. Marquise pushed past the crowd of people when he spotted Akira at a table, looking exactly like the picture, surrounded by men, and enjoying himself. He approached the group without a word and casually grabbed the drink Akira had in his hand, drinking it himself in one shot. After placing the empty glass on the table, he remained unusually calm, staring directly at his human. "Did you get bored of the readings already? Or, perhaps, you've already forgotten the rules I gave you? It seems like both, really, since you're here."

Marquise blew a breath of cold air directly at the cross-dresser, a sign of his displeasure with him. "Would you like to finish the event? I don't want you to miss out on any tips." The words were spoken as though he cared, but the smile he put on indicated no kindness.

Akira was enjoying himself with the clients that were around him, with the not finished drink in his one hand. He had forgotten about the other, and not caring about the consequences that would be coming to him if he got caught. That was changed when he saw Mark there, his eyes widen to see him. Akira didn't say anything, as he felt the drink get grabbed and drunk from it. Akira stared at Mark, blinking very slowly while staying quiet. "I have my reasons why I am here, and I don't know if you would understand," Akira stated now.

Akira felt a shiver go down his body, feeling the cold air fell over his body. Akira heard the question, where he quickly stood up from the seating area. "I can leave now, I can collect my money," Akira started before taking steps away from the seating area now. "I need to go change now, but I will right back," Akira said walking toward the changing area where he disappeared behind the door. The dragons and their mates looked at each other, as one spoke up. "Sorry dude, we didn't know he wasn't allowed here. We would have gotten him taken back to your place.." One spoke out.

Someone came over to Mark,who was a dragon female who had a look on her face. "Hello there, you must be Akira's mate. I was the one who asked to come here for this gig, and I have the money for his time here at this gig. I do apologize that this caused any issues, but this is the money," She said pulling out a envelope that had the cash with Akira's full name on it. "Take the money now. I am suppose to give it to him, by policy but I can break this policy for this..situation.."

Akira came out, changed where he had costumes in his bag when he came over to them. "I am sorry ma'am for this disturbance. I hope I can service better the next time," Akira said, apologizing to the woman with a bow of his head.

"It would be best..that you both leave.." She stated before started to walk away from the two. Akira turned to him, "What's gonna happen now? You gonna chew me out on the way home and there too?"

Marquise narrowed his eyes when the human dared to talk back to him. Was there something he didn't understand? He cared little for the reasons Akira claimed to have. Reasons he did not tell him, but guessed he wouldn't be able to comprehend. He wouldn't even try him. He simply implied he wouldn't understand and then walked away. At least he was smart enough to get the hint that the dragon didn't want to stay. If only he had been smarter and not escaped to begin with, then they wouldn't be in this position, where Marquise had to retrieve his mate at his workplace. He could care less where he worked, what he did, or who he was around, as long as he obeyed his orders. But he had already broken one rule, so he had to be concerned with it now.

"I don't need your apologies." Marquise snapped at the man who spoke to him. He didn't need anyone to be sorry, not even Akira. He doubted the human felt sorry, anyway. Why would he apologize? For getting caught? That was unlikely. If he didn't want to get caught in the first place, he shouldn't have left, or actually paid attention to the time so he wasn't out long enough for his mate to notice he was missing. When the dragon was spoken to again, he felt his annoyance rise. He dismissed what was being said to him, finding what the other said to be unimportant, until she gave him an envelope with money it. "You seem to think I want this," he spoke dryly, taking the envelope into his hands, "But I'm not here to take his money."

He saw no need to break policy for this "situation," as she called it. Marquise may have caused a fuss, drawing attention to himself and Akira, but he was not having a fit. He had not yelled at his mate, only spoke sternly to him in front of the clients he was entertaining. He watched as Akira apologized to the dragon before she walked out, advising they leave, and he was ready to take her advice. He was sure the human was too, unless he wanted to be embarrassed further. Without immediately answering the question his mate asked, Marquise began to push him towards the exit. With his car parked right outside, he opened the door for Akira once they were out of the club and then entered the car himself.

"Since you expect me to chew you out, I don't think I will." He didn't think the human would really be listening to him if he reprimanded him on the car ride home. He obviously expected that to happen, so it was clear such words wouldn't get through to Akira. "Oh, here," he handed the other the envelope he was given, "Your boss gave me your pay. I don't know what she expected me to do with it." He had no interest in taking the money as punishment either. The cross-dresser had earned it by going to the event, despite doing it secretively, so it was rightfully his. "I told you I would allow you to go places, didn't I?" He looked at the human. "With my one condition being that I bring you or have someone else who I agree on." He repeated what he told him earlier. "Is that such a hard rule?" Throughout the rest of the ride, Marquise did not speak to Akira.

As the dragon pulled up to his house once again, he got out of the car after parking and entered the house. He pushed open the door to the room he had assigned to his mate. It was a completely furnished bedroom with one window and wooden flooring, like the rest of his house. The only room with carpet was his bedroom, as he liked soft flooring. "You said you wanted to read in your room. Get your books from upstairs and start reading them." It was an unusual demand. "I've finished my work for today, so, if you need to go anywhere else, you may come to me." He was almost teasing Akira by not discussing what had just happened.

+

Akira waited for an answer, but noticed he wasn't getting any answer from this guy. Without his answer, Akira was pushed forward and out toward the exit of the building. He didn't go against him, since he didn't want to cause anymore trouble for the client who had hired him. Seeing the car outside, he stayed silent before climbed into the car once it was opened for him. Closing it behind him, he brought his bag to his lap to keep it secure.

"I am rather surprised," Akira commented. Akira gave him a look, as he took the envelope from him. He quickly counted the amount before storing it away in his bag. Akira listened to what he said, as he just nodded his head. "You did say that," Akira muttered at first. "I had this event scheduled before I wad forced into that scenario where I met you.." Akira explained. Akira didn't say anything else, not saying anything since that he didn't have an answer now. During the rest of the ride, Akira had his phone out and checking on anything that he could check out.

Akira got out of the car, following him straight into the house and even to the room. Looking around the whole room, he noticed that this room was furnished and pretty nice too. "I will do that, and I..have the books on me," Akira said. Akira rolled his eyes toward him, with a shake of his head. He huffed out, before going into the room and even slamming the door behind him. Akira said somethings under his breath, as he threw his bag onto the bed.

What happened to the door, was something unusual. The outer parts glowed and even something started to appear on the outside of the door. When it all stopped, there was a mark on the door. It belong to a dragon hunter who could use magic. That was one of the ways to help them to kill dragons. Akira sat down on the bed now, while pulling out the books to read them over again. "Stupid dragon..thinks he is almighty.."

He had the books on him? Why would he have those? Marquise didn’t want to jump to conclusions and assume Akira was stealing from him, but he had his suspicions now. The reading room may replicate a small library, but that didn’t mean he could check out the books in there and bring them wherever he wanted. He could certainly borrow the books as long as they didn’t leave the house. This was because there were some books Marquise had that weren’t available in the library. In addition, there were others he needed for his research. He didn’t mind letting people into his reading room, which was why he let Akira in, but he trusted no one to steal from it. Maybe Akira didn’t know that because he hadn’t said it was a rule. It didn’t seem like he listened to rules much, anyway, so it probably wouldn’t have been any good if he had told him. Perhaps he needed to write it down.

Once the human slammed the door, Marquise reached for the door handle. However, he suddenly stopped himself when he noticed the door glowing. What is going on? He stepped back to take in the mark engraved into the door. His eyes widened recognizing the mark, a mark he had decided to long forget about. Now it was here, on his door, and he knew it wasn’t good for him. The mark was glowing red as though it had been stamped on with a branding iron. He blew on it to cool it down. The red glow faded, leaving smoke in its place. He blew on the mark once more before slowly reaching out to touch it. The red glow returned to the spot he touched, causing a sharp, but tolerable pain. He pulled his finger away. The redness of his finger was evident against his pale skin. It felt as though he had touched the rack of a hot oven. Tsk. I’ll have to do something about that.

He knew why the mark was there, and he knew he couldn’t let Akira find out about it. It didn’t seem like he knew what had happened, or, if he did, he didn’t care, which meant he didn’t have much knowledge about it. This meant Marquise could cover it up and his mate would continue on not caring. Before that, though, he needed to carry out the punishment he was going to give Akira. He didn’t think it would be very harsh, but it would get the message across that breaking his rules weren’t appreciated. Marquise hesitantly reached for the door handle again, expecting it to burn him, but was pleasantly surprised it felt cool to the touch. It seemed like the mark was the only problem with the door, thankfully. With the lock being on the outside, he simply blew a strong gust of air into the keyhole and the handle locked. He jiggled it to make sure, checking the sturdiness of the handle while at it.

With that task done, he went about to collect a piece of printer paper from his study with a dark blue and purple sharpie. He labeled the paper with AKIRA’S ROOM, purposefully writing it in capital letters. To make it decorative, he alternated the colors of the letters, switching between blue and purple. He had no paint to cover the mark, which was why he was making the makeshift sign. It would hide the mark until he got some paint. He returned downstairs with masking tape in his hand. He didn’t want to damage the door more than it already was. Holding the paper up with one hand, he held the tape with the other and ripped a piece off with his teeth. “That should do it,” he mumbled to himself as he taped the corners of the paper and made sure it covered the mark completely. He admired his handiwork from a small distance before moving to rest on the couch. He decided he would lock Akira inside until he created a big fuss or, if he didn’t notice, for however long it took him to notice.

Akira didn't know about the locking of the door or anything, since he was working on doing some reading now. Looking through the pages, as he started to flip through them. Akira started to read the books, where he had notebooks out with his phone too. Shaking his head, he moved from the bed before he started to clean up the stuff. Settling everything down on the desk now, Akira headed for the door to get out of the room. Trying to get out of the room, he noticed it was stiff or locked. Throwing his body against it, it made a thud sound. Huffing out, he started to hit his body more against the door.

Akira was starting to have a fuss, throwing his body against the door and even using his foot to kick at it. "Marquise! Let me out of this room, you can't keep me locked in this room! This is inhumane to do this!" Akira yelled out. "I am sorry, but I need to be out! I can't be caged like some humans!" Akira yelled right after with a shake of his head.

Akira stepped a couple steps back, as he went to sit down back on the bed. Letting out a long sigh, he ran his hands through his hair. Going into his bag, he had bound notebook in there where he started to go through it. It was his journal, and how he kept his information together. Why was this happening to him, of all people. Checking his phone, he tried to see if he could make a call or get any internet. He had internet but no cell service though.

Going back over to the door, Akira decided to look over the lock instead of putting himself into pain. Checking out the lock, he noticed how it was locked. "He used magic on the lock.." Akira mentioned.

Marquise had just about started to fall asleep when he heard a bang from Akira's room. He thought about ignoring it, but the sound was made again, then again, and repeatedly. He could hear the human screaming from inside his room now, wanting out. Well, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? It wouldn't be much of a lesson if he let Akira out upon being asked to. No, demanded to. What message would that get across? Certainly the opposite of what he wanted. It would show the human had some control over him. He couldn't let him think that. A dragon couldn't easily be controlled unless he wanted to, and Marquise wasn't going to give. Not yet, not ever.

"It's not inhumane," the dragon yelled back, "You're not starving, are you?!" He didn't plan on keeping Akira there forever. That would be inhumane, and it was something he didn't even want to do. He wouldn't be able to handle all the complaining. He could barely deal with it now. Plus, he had never said he wasn't going to feed the other. He would still tends to his needs. If he got hungry, he was sure his mate would voice it, and he would do something about it. Simple, wasn't it? "If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it to begin with." He showed no sympathy, standing from the couch and approaching the door. He knocked on the door repeatedly, returning the favor Akira gave him. "You're not being caged either. Don't make your situation sound worse than it is. If I wanted to cage you, I would stick you in a cage for dogs." He said the last statement with complete seriousness. Although he didn't have a dog cage on hand, since he, clearly, didn't own any pets, he could easily buy one to threaten the human with it if he felt like it.

Marquise stopped and pressed his ear against the door when he no longer heard Akira. The silence could either mean something he should be worried about or he had calmed down. It almost seemed like the latter, but, with the human, he didn't know. He jiggled the door handle again, making sure the other wasn't trying to unlock the door, or that he had succeeded without knowing. Nope, it was still locked. Still, the silence bothered him. He debated whether he should unlock the door to check on him, but what if he escaped? What if this was a plan all along? He didn't want to risk it, so he kept the door shut. With his superior sense of hearing, Marquise could hear the observation Akira made after, noticing the door had not randomly locked, but had been made to lock.

"I don't think I would call it magic," he paused to think about it, "I'm just using my powers." Did humans consider the abilities dragons had to be magic? But wasn't magic things that magicians did? Marquise shook his head. He had no time to think about that, or to think about such a small matter at all. Either way, Akira certainly wouldn't be able to get out because he had used "magic." "Anyway, it's been a long day for the both of us. I think we should get some rest." He waited for Akira to agree, or disagree, letting out a brief yawn as he leaned himself against the door. He needed his own rest.

There was no answers coming the door, till the very end. He spoke up, while he was still near the door. "Yeah you are right. I am going stop, and I am pretty tired too from working too," Akira said. Akira went straight over the room, where he stripped down to just his boxers. Akira would spend the rest of the time, working on his readings and his journal.

It didn't take long, before Akira felt how tired he was. Falling asleep there on the bed, with the books and his journal by him on the bed. Sleeping there, as he just fell into deep sleep with minimal movements coming from him.

Waking up later on, it seemed like it was late morning/ early afternoon. Rubbing his eyes, as he stretched his body out while sitting up. It was weird that he had dreamed, but he did. It wasn't normal to him, where there was so many symbols and also a weird language too. "That was pretty weird," Akira muttered to himself. Looking over to the door, wondering if the door was unlocked or not. "I wonder if he unlocked it."