Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1) by Nero Seal [Review]

rev22x20

Love of the Egoist

Yuf1A8L.jpg

“I wanted to play with you… punish you. But now, I want to ruin your world and turn it pitch black. Isolate you so you don’t have anything left except me.

And remember, it’s your own fault.”

Isolation. Loneliness. Endless silence stretching into eternity.

This is the personal living hell of police detective, Kuon Leiris.

His punishment for ruining the Black Duke’s deal.

But when nights come, it gets worse…

Cruelty. Care. Brutality. Affection.

Constant mind games where he can do nothing, but give in.

Yugo pours his every corrupt desire into his prey, testing the limits of their twisted relationship.

Do you dare enter a dark world where safe-words don’t exist?

WARNING WARNING WARNING:

THIS BOOK CONTAINS STRAIGHT OUT SEXUAL ABUSE AKA RAPE. GOOD OLD STOCKHOLM SYNDROME, KIDNAPPING, POSSIBLE MAIN CHARACTER DEATH AT THE ENDING WHO KNOWS ITS SO AMBIGUOUS, DARK DARKNESS JUST FUN TIMES.

My Goodreads review: "Holy fucking shit this was GOOD. Oh my God??? I have no words. Ignoring the few grammatical errors, the long fight scenes where, if you’re not a native English speaker, like me, it gets a little bit hard to understand after a while, since they are explained up to the last detail and for some reason my brain couldn’t translate and picture it at the same time, and the god damn CLIFFHANGER at the end. God I hate cliffhangers. I will die before the sequel comes out, probably. GIVE ME MORE, AUTHOR." 5 stars *****

Goodreads rating: 4.44 stars

I ignored everything else when I started reading this so I documented my entire journey with it on Goodreads as follow:

• "Just starting this and I am SO READY to dive into darkness and some psychological dark shit. Mmmm...talk dirty to me. I have high expectations for this, please don’t let me down."

• "kfkflskfd if you’re not a native English speaker, like me, the fight scenes will be hard to understand, like is happening to me right now. They are loooong and convoluted."

• "“You are getting aroused by your rapist’s touch, and you dare to call me a pervert?” omfg this is daaark."

• "The only thing that I don't like is the author referring to semen/sperm/cum, as “Juice”. That is so mid 2000’s fanfiction. Also there are some grammatical errors."

• "“He didn’t see two fighting studs anymore. He saw one stud wooing his bitch.” LOL omg. Possessive much?"

Listen, this was a wild ride. I feel like I should plaster warning lights everywhere on this review because this will DEFINITELY trigger some people. Don't say I dint warn you. We have the main characters Kuon & Yugo. Kuon is a detective who was investigating Yugo, who is more or less a mobster. Kuon interferes with some negotiation Yugo was making and fucks it up costing Yugo money, time, men and a little bit of his reputation...which is when he kidnaps Kuon. He isolates him in darkness 24/7, in horrible condition for a while just to make Kuon crave his touch and his presence when he goes down to the basement. There he decides to toy with the detective, make him his toy, his slave, his to do as he pleases. Of course, not everything is as "erotic" (???) as it sounds. Yugo forces himself on Kuon multiple times, he beats him up and then tends to his wounds, he rapes him forcefully and then with gentle touches and kisses WHICH OF COURSE fucks up Kuon's brain even to the point that he stopped trying to escape after a while.

I am so not going to spoil the ending because oh my god what a plot twist BUT it ends in a fucking CLIFFHANGER, in an ambiguous ending. Is it a happy or a sad ending? God fucking knows. It depends on who you ask. Supposedly there is going to be a 2nd book "early next year" which sounds way too fucking far, if you ask me.

The point is that....this was hella good. It was dark, it was twisted, it was psychological...I mean, it wasn't the best damn book I have ever read but it kept me interested and it was dark enough to satisfy my darkness quota of the day. Although I have read darker novels (pray for me).

“"Damn you!" unzipping his jeans, he took out his cock in his hand and bit his lip "Bastard..." he cursed. But his hand din't stop moving.

Yugo, watching his monitor, licked his lips. "Bastard..." the speakers spoke in Kuon's voice. The curse stretched his lips in a satisfied smile. "You better be dreaming only about one bastard-me!" he whispered to the monitor. The man on the screen shuddered as a sweet and faint moan left his lips. A hot wave washed down Yugo's spine as he clenched his fists.“

74KL0jb.gif

PS: This book can't be uploaded here for legal boring reasons but if you want it, I can message it to you or something idk. Go down the dark, sinful rabbit hole with me. I like dark shit. Sue me.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rev22x20

• matsuross

• Suida

• bondingboys

Asdfghjkl all of this review and more! I meant, I've disliked anything with rape, abuse, and stockholm syndrome in a book before, but this book? This book?! What. A. Read.

Repeat: What a freaking read!

I love Kuon, I really dislike Yugo. And I freaking leaked some tears after "Goodbye, Yugo" line. I meant, seriously? Seriously?! Why should Kuon have that ending?! WTF WTH What the actual F???!

I prepared for bad ending because it's dark and twisted, but that kind of ending??? The worst!!

But, but! Hopefully, Kuon will be in the next book! I won't accept if the next story will only focus on Yugo! I need more miracles, I need more Kuon!!!

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
, find any other books similar with this? Because I crave dark and twisted fiction after reading this book.

, Mochi have you read this?

Dear

thank you for the excellent review. I just wanted to state that I don't put their names for fun or because I am an ass, on the list. It has a reason. -> They all are members on YO. I had the pleasure to talk to some. So the author Nero Seal saw your post and appreciates a lot that you liked his book but he doesn't like the fact that you wanna spread his book illegally here. And yes, he can sue you. He is super happy you loved his book to the ppint of sharing it, but he has to ask you to stop spreading it. For many people it is hard to understand what authors go through to publish a book. It took him two years to make his dream come true. If you spread the book for free, people will not buy it, therefore he will not be able to pay for editing and proofreading, which will delay or even slay the publishing of the following book. If you think you are helping someone by spreading the books of authors, you also should remember you hurt them great deal. So either you stop sending his books in private or he will report it to Key. Thank you for understanding.

, y-you said "ALL" so that means T.J Klune and K.A. Merikan are also members?! asdfgghjllklj I never knew, I've never realized, I thought they only knew the site, but not being the members!!! (>؂

aaaaaa I'm sorry, I have considered to share this book by Nero Seal to a member before but canceled it because it's still a No No and now reading your reply regarding this, Suida, I feel so ignorant but now I understand!!! Thank you so much, Suida! Really!!!

I know what you guys may think, 'You're one to talk.' I know I was an uploader back then but I am only referring to the Authors on that list. Thank you very much

for understanding. (; And happy reading everyone.

Don't worry, so far nobody has asked me to send them the book. I've just seen on a few posts here that if the book can't be shared by conventional means, you can ask the person that has it to send it to you out of YO or by private message, that's why I wrote that. I dint know that the authors being on that list meant that they were members of YO.

Also I want stated for the record: The thought of you "being an ass" never crossed my mind. I know why you have to "block" certain authors. The more famous (or in this case, if they are members here) the more the chance of being slapped with a DMCA legal....thingy.

- - - Updated - - -

On a happier note!

YES! I know, right? what the hell. I am not one for cliffhangers or sad ending (lord knows I fucking hate them with a passion) but I had to make an exception here for GOD SAKE. Doesn't mean I am less angry about the cliffhanger, just a little bit less angrier than usual.

& honestly? 2 plot twists at the end. Not 1...but 2. What a treat.

I only just started to read actual book of this genre. I used to stick to dark mangas or fanfiction but now that I found this? I will go on a deep, dark search for more d a r k books from hell.

better get on with it and read this if they haven't.

(and
too!!...^^^) thank you for tagging me here & for the recommendations!!:D I'm getting incredible excited about this book, because it really feels like my kind of gem..^^ Yaya!!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for this recommendation.. i like my novels dark also..

this was dark and beautiful..

but i hated the end..not because its not good but because when i checked the authors page , book 2 will come out on 2019.

i was like... F*****cccckkkkk!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ugh don't even remind me of that little detail. Every time I remember it makes me sad. I don't want to sound selfish and rush the author but........................but. I need.....it...now.

I am selfish and I am so sorry, author.

Please, do send your dark recommendations my way.

• 1 month later...