The Sorcerer's Apprentice (Closed to Rumpleteaser) 18+

KawaiiNekomimiBoy

tumblr_p4e0swEtNZ1x6nr7eo1_500.jpg

Name: Hikaru Mitsuya

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 125 lbs

Hair: Light Brown

Eyes: Blue

Personality: Hikaru suffers from not being able to control his magic. His father avoid every contact with Hikaru while his mother helps support him the best she could. He sometimes goes to the forest to train but never resulting in good results. Hikaru has nightmares pretty much every night when he was a child and how he killed his first human.

---------------------

"No, STOP! I don't want to go," Hikaru pulling back on the chains that were bonded onto his wrist, forcefully getting yanked towards the horse and coach.

"Come on now, you need to come and get some training. Your magic is too unstable. Your going to wind up getting someone killed if you don't learn to control it," the man yelled out as he continues pulling the child.

"But I haven't hurt anyone.. my parents won't even let me outside because of my magic. Mom! Dad! Help me please, I don't want to go with them," Hikaru cried out as he continues to resist going into the coach.

"Honey.. you need to be able to control your magic," Hikaru's mother called out.

"That guy is right, your just going to wind up using your magic unwillingly if you don't train," Hikaru's father called out.

"But I promise I won't. Please don't let them take me," Hikaru's eyes start to glow as his arms were grabbed.

"Now.. get on the coach, you have no other option," the man looks at Hikaru .

"N-NO!" Hikaru yelled at as a sudden burst of energy came out of Hikaru's mouth, going right through the man's chest.

"See...you were... unable to..," the man falls down in front of dying mid sentence.

"Oh my...," Hikaru's mother looks away closing her eyes, starting to cry.

"You..monster," Hikaru's father yells out and holds onto his wife.

"I.. didn't mean too.. I swear," Hikaru places his hand on his mouth, looking down at the man as he puts his hands on the chain, melting it off his wrist and attempts to walk to his parents when all a sudden, blackness arose.

Hikaru woke up in a jolt and sighs, rubbing the back of his head, "... again with that nightmare?" He got off his bed and looks in the mirror, placing his hand on it and watched it suddenly crack, causing Hikaru to raise his head. "Dammit.. I'm 22 now.. and I still can't control it," Hikaru smashes his hand into the mirror with a growl and gathers his clothes, scratching his stomach. He walks outside and steps into the river near their house and bathes himself.

After a few minutes, he steps out of the water and air dries for a few minutes, shortly after getting dressed. He opens the door and walks to the dining room, "h..hi mom. Hey... dad," he sits down at the table and looks up at his parents. The father doesn't reply and just eats his breakfast in silence. "Oh, good morning sweetie," she smiled softly and serves his breakfast.

Hikaru was always surprise for even what he did in the past, his mom still made him a very wonderful breakfast. He starts eating and perks his head up as he watches his father leave but not without passing a intense glare before slamming the door. Hikaru lowered his head as he continues eating with a sigh.

When he made it down, Hikaru's father posted on the town's bulletin board an ad about his son, hoping someone would take him off their hands and help him to at least become a better magic user.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KawaiiNekomimiBoy

• Rumpleteaser

OWlQVNI.jpg

Name: Aravinda Khalateia

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 160 lbs

Hair: Black

Eyes: Bright blue

Personality: Aravinda is stern and serious. He does not take anything lightly and often tends to brood. He is always thinking about something, usually something to do with the arcane. His mind never stops. Even when he sleeps his has vivid dreams, which he always remembers the next day. He used to keep a journal of them but they just became too numerous and he had more important things to carry. When he first wakes up in the morning, he mulls over them in bed for a good ten minutes before getting up. He is a good person in general but can come across as harsh without meaning too. Sometimes he is a little blunt.

Aravinda felt gritty. He hadn't shaved in a week and he was sure he looked dishevelled from his most recent trek from Caladonia. He probably smelled just like his horse too. He couldn't go into a new town smelling like that, not when he had to put on a good show for the town's mayor. He was a well respected sorcerer - well known and well liked within the magical community. His feats of celestial magic were particularly admired and when back in the great city of Kharlos he was often asked for advice as to how the sun and moon could be harnessed.

Coming to the local river, Aravinda hopped off his horse and led her to the water. He took of her saddlebags and guided her into the water with him. He then stripped off and retrieved her brush from one of his packs. He didn't mind being naked around her and began to groom her while he stood waist deep in the water. He spoke to her in a soft tone while he worked at bathing her down. Only when she started to get annoyed and her ears twitched did he lead her out of the water to a fresh patch of grass. He had no fear that she would run off. He had food and he could track her down.

Now it was the sorcerer's time to bathe. He took the cake of goatsmilk soap from his pack - still walking around naked - and went back to the river. He was very thorough about cleaning himself and did it with an attention to detail. He started lathering the soap through his long, glistening locks then scrubbed at his face and neck. Lower and lower he got until he got to the part between his legs. That took short work too because he had no need to relieve any urges just yet. Sorcerers were a curious bunch but it was still rare for him to find an equal who was as homosexual as him. As such, he'd learn to go without.

Once clean, the thirty-year-old got to removing those whiskers that had built up around his face and neck. He whisked them away using a simple spell that was traditionally used for slicing wood, cutting bread or other larger objects. It left his skin far smoother than using a blade. It had been tricky at first, when he was a young apprentice, but practice had proved the key - that and many bandages. He looked at himself using a spell that would turn the water as smooth as a mirror and twice as clear. He checked himself out, rubbing his chin and making sure there were no nicks or stray hairs. He then wandered back to the grass and allowed himself to dry in the sun. The sun was so pleasing on his skin and not everything required magic.

Ashtyn, his horse, snorted at him as he approached and looked at him defiantly. He came over and spoke to her soothingly before guiding her back to the saddlebags. It took a small sack full of oats to keep her content while he saddled her up again. Both of them smelled much better and were now presentable. He just hoped the mayor had gotten his letter about his arrival.

No doubt the mayor would have many requests to make of the sorcerer - spirit creatures that needed banishing, buildings that needed rebuilding or deceased orchards to bring back to life. He would do them all for a good price. Some established sorcerers thought such things were beneath them but Aravinda believed magic should be for the good of all. If he could help where others could not, so be it.

As Hikaru's father was still in town, working to get coins he could to help feed his wife and even Hikaru. Even if he was scared of the boy, Hikaru was still his son.

Back at the house, Hikaru watched his mother clean the dishes and sighs a bit as he stands up, "mom... I am going now. I will be back before father gets home," he opens the wooden door as he looks at his mother.

"Alright, just be careful no one sees you. It will be bad if the wrong type of people discovered a untrained magic caster," Hikaru's mother worried about her son. She hoped one day Hikaru could master his magic.

Hikaru simply nodded his head and steps outside, sighing as he then runs to along the dirt pathway. Reaching a open field, he looks around and closed his eyes, "mom.. why is it so hard to master magic? I don't want to scare my own parents," he mumbled as he reaches out his hand and snaps his finger with a sudden lightning bolt went up into the sky, hitting a bird.

Hikaru sighs and walks over to the bird, crouching down, "I'm... so sorry," he picks up the bird and closes his eyes. Knowing the only magic that he had slightly mastered without messing it up, healing artes. Hikaru resurrected the bird, "well... at least I am good at something. But why can't I master other magic elements...?"

Hikaru's father got home and hugged his wife, "hey darling.... so I hung up that ad in the town's bulletin board." She quickly responded by slapping his face, "what do you think your doing?! I know he needs help.. but all kinds of people see those ads in the town plaza. What happens if someone comes and totally takes advantage of Hikaru?!" The father sighed and walked outside for some fresh air.

Wood rapped on wood. There was someone at the Mistuya family's door. There stood an older man with yellowed teeth and a crooked, possibly even broken nose. His hair was brown with flecks of grey and it was very wiry. His breath smelled of fish and his clothes smelled of sweat and grass. He had a saggy body with scrawny arms that didn't look strong enough to hold up a vase. To offset his shabby appearance, there were flowers in his hair and a posy of scented flowers hanging from his belt. The wild mage waited a moment before rapping his staff on the door once more. He stopped a moment to scratch himself then hefted his hose up higher.

As expected, Aravinda was set to work right after his morning tea with the mayor. Apparently it was rare in their town to see any trained magic users so things got left and disused. First, the mayor had a few personal things and vanity pieces to attend to then he asked for things for the good of the town. The wizard did not mind, for he was getting paid for it all. He never carried all his gold on him, just enough to get him through the next leg of his journey. He could always summon more if he needed it but he preferred to earn more on his way. Besides, it gave him a chance to be shown around the town and talk to people about possible magic users in the area. The more he did for the people, the more willing they were to advise him.

Aravinda's next job was banishing a troublesome spirit from the town well. It wasn't an evil spirit but it was trapped and causing the well water to turn people's laundry grey. Nobody drank from it or used it currently because they had a the river but the well had once been a meeting place for children and women alike.

By the end of the day, Aravinda had several leads. Many of them were no doubt just rumours, conjecture or plain old badmouthing but Aravinda's presence would see to that. Either they were magic users and would take them back with him, or they were not and they could live their lives in peace. Being inspected by a wizard suited everyone.

There was only one inn in town so Aravinda went there for the night. He could camp outside town but it looked better to be sleeping at the inn and he didn't mind sleeping in a bed after his long trek through the continent. As he walked, he passed by the town's bulletin board. There was nothing harm in looking so he came over and scanned it to see if there were any more jobs he could do. As it turned out, there were a few mending jobs. Far more interesting than that, however, was the advertisement for someone to train a man's son. Aravinda read through it carefully, thinking it was unlikely the man would find any fully trained wizard to train his son. It was luck that the wizard was passing by.

Hikaru was sitting on the top of a hill, looking down at the town. He looked at his house and sighs, knowing he could never enter the town, especially since he was inexperience in controlling his powers. His father just didn't trust him since his magic usually went haywire. He perks his head up as he heard a thud sound of the door, seeing his father near the house and he quickly hides under the hill so his father didn't notice him.

Hikaru's father let his wife blow out some steam, hearing her yell through the walls. He knew she wasn't too happy about him putting up the advertisement where mostly anyone could see it, good.. or even bad. He walks inside, seeing the wife had finally calm down a bit and he walks over to her, "you know it is best for Hikaru.. right? We can't train ourselves so he needs someone to help him more than we ever could."

"I know but.. I just don't trust the people that might exploit him and or make him worst than he already is," Hikaru mother looks at her husband, "I just hope.. the right person sees it, that's all," she cleans the dishes. "So how did work go? Manage to get any money?"

Hikaru's father nods his head, "yeah, we can go shopping while Hikaru just stays here," he takes out the money out of his pocket and counts how much he got from the labor he did. "Speaking of Hikaru... where is the boy?"

"Oh.. um in his room resting. He can't really go out and walk around with the way you trust him," Hikaru's mom looked at her husband, hoping he didn't see past the lie she told.

"Hm, well at least he is learning to listen for once," Hikaru's father looks outside, "well we better go shopping before it gets to late." Hikaru's mom nods her head and then heads outside with her husband, blinking as they saw a mage.

"Oh hello, how can we help you," Hikaru's father looks at the man that was at the doorstep. Hikaru's mother and holds onto her husband's shirt, looking at the man and wondered if he saw the ad in town while Hikaru's father shook the man's hand.

'Ah, yes. Hello. I'm looking for the Mistuya family,' the wizened old man said. He scratched his beard and a butterfly flew out, followed by a wasp. 'There's a sign on the town's bulletin board that there is a young, untrained magic user in the house who needs guidance.'

The wizard stood back and spread his arms wide. A whole flurry of green and pink butterflies bust from his clothes and fluttered up towards the heavens. He tapped his staff on the ground twice and the butterflies became sweet-scented cherry blossoms that drifted down to earth again. He then grabbed his staff in two hands and leaned heavily on it.

'You see, I am a wild wizard. I deal in nature and wild things. My little sparrows read your notice and summoned me here,' he explained. He held out his hand to them, brushed it on his moss coloured cloak then held it back out again. 'Marvin's the name. Marvin Tattle of Sylvan Forest.'

Hikaru's father looks at the man and then perks his head up, nodding his head, "oh? Well this is the Mistuya's residents so you got the right place," he watched as a butterfly flew out of the man's beard as well as a wasp, watching his wife hide behind him since she wasn't too fond of anything that stings. "Oh, you saw my advertisement I left in town about my son."

Hikaru's father and mother watched the display that the man was doing, blinking as they watched. They both look up, watching how the butterflies suddenly turned into cherry blossoms and slowly looking back at the man, the father in complete amazement while the mother looked at the man in complete and utter concern.

"Well it is very nice to meet you sir and glad you came all this way just to train our son, we just want what's best for him," he shakes the wizard's hand. The mother shakes the wizard's hand and pulls back, slightly pulling on her husband.

"My name is Etsuji and this is my wife, Yuma. And our son, Hikaru ... SHOULD be in his room," he looks at his wife, knowing how Hikaru liked sneaking out to work on his magic. He then looks at the field suddenly, seeing water pouring down in the field. Letting out a sigh, "or.. he can be in the field, practicing his magic," he looks at his wife and then runs over to the field.

Yuma watches Etsuji run to the field, "um.. please excuse me," she runs after her husband.

Hikaru perks his head up and looks over, seeing his mother and father running over, seeing his mom mouthed, 'sorry' within her lips. "Son.. why are you out here," he crosses his arms.

"U..Uh.. I was.. practicing," Hikaru answered, resulting in his father grabbing his arm with a groan and walks over to the wizard, "here you go, please take care of our son for us."

Yuma bit her bottom lip, unsure if Marvin was the best kind of teacher as she just walks inside the house to get something real quick before Etsuji grabbed her, "be a good boy for your teacher baby," Yuma called out and kisses his forehead before Etsuji kept pulling her, wanting to get to the store before it got too dark.

"...Wait a minute," Yuma grabs Etsuji's arm to have him let her go and walks over to Marvin. "Come on hun, we got to get going," Etsuji looks at his wife. ".. How do I know you would be the right wizard for my little boy. I don't want just any wizard to help him. Prove to me that you are the right wizard for the job," she glared into Marvin's eyes as she pulled Hikaru towards her a little. "I might act like that towards a wasp... but when it comes to my child, you should expect me to give a little by more of.. a fight. So go on, prove that your willing to help my baby."

'Oh, no. I didn't see your request. One of my little sparrows read it. I've trained all my animals to read and understand human verbal and non-verbal communication,' he explained. His eyes glinted and he gave a wink. 'They're very exceptional, you know. I've granted many creatures with the gift of intellect over the years.'

The wizard smiled at the pair, enjoying their reactions. He didn't get out very much so it was nice to have a human audience. He wasn't one for showing off but he did have to make a good impression if he was going to get them agree to let him take their son. Seeing the look of concern on the woman's face, he used his magic once more to grow a massive rose bush behind him. There were no thorns and the beautiful, rainbow roses grew on long stems. They smelled of sweet peaches and musk. The wild wizard turned around and pulled a pair of little clippers from his clothes then began picking the longest stemmed roses. When he had about twenty, he gathered them all together in a pretty bunch and tucked his clippers away.

'These are for you, my dearie. See, my magic does no harm. I work with the light side of nature, not the dark,' he explained as he came over to them. 'I don't deal in rot, decay and death.'

Marvin the Wild Wizard bowed low and handed the bouquet out to the mother. As he did, the rose bush shrunk in side until it was just two foot tall. It was hid gift to them. They could replant it somewhere less in the way or let it die.

'Of course you want what's best for him. Although, I do wonder, why did you leave it so late to look for someone to train him? Magic only gets more powerful once they hit puberty and without the proper training their powers could be deadly, even catastrophic,' the wizard explained. There was a slight judgement and disapproval in his tone. Magic was too dangerous to remain untrained.

Marvin watched as first the father then the mother ran up the hill. The wizard sighed, rested on his staff a moment before taking his own sweet time to walk up the hill. He was not some silly peasant to run here and there. He would remain calm and composed at all times.

'So, you are Hikaru,' the wizard said, peering over his nose. He leaned forward and held tight to his staff while he took a look at the young man. 'How old are you? When did your magical abilities appear? Were you born with them or were they gifted upon you? What have you done with your magic so far? How well are you able to control it?'

When the young mage was handed over, Marvin reached out and took him by the sleeve. He started to pull Hiraku along before Yuma stopped him and he turned around.

'What do you mean wasp? What's wrong with my wasps?' he asked.

'Hmmm? You want to know more about me? What is there to know? I am the only wizard, sorcerer, witch or warlock you're likely to get. You can't afford to be choosy,' he said, then let go of Hiraku. He sighed and shook his head. 'Very well, ask me what you want to know.'

"Hm... that is pretty cool, I didn't know animals were able to read," Etsuji looks over at Yuma, which looked pretty impressed too just knowing the wizard had creatures that could understand the human language.

Yuma tilts her head as the wizard looked at her, seeing something pop out from behind the wizard. She watches the wizard carefully, wondering what the man was doing until he turned around, taking the offerings from the wizard, slowly putting a smile on her face, "thank you very much," she leans down to smell the bouquet, kind of glad this wizard seemed to be well trusted. She looked at the and held onto it, continues to smell the amazing aroma the flowers gave.

Yuma and Etsuji look at each other with the wife slowly lowering her head as the husband let out a sigh, "well, we didn't know who the best trainer for Hikaru should be. We didn't want someone would use him for evil or not help improve his magic."

Etsuji looks at the wizard, "and besides that.. it took forever to even convince my wife for me to post the advertisement in town."

"Well we just kept him from leaving.. so he has been pretty much home bonded for his whole life, unable to explore or even meet new people," Yuma glances to the side.

Hikaru looked at the man and looks at his mom and dad, before slowly nodding his head, "yeah.. I am Hikaru." He watches the wizard look at him, "I am ..22 years old. I have had my magic since I was born so.. I guess I have had them my whole life." Hikaru looks at his father and lowers his head, ".. when I was five, I killed a man that was trying to take me away from my parents." Hikaru looks at his scratched up fingers, the results of all his training, and slowly looks at the wizard, "I.. am kind of good at healing magic but that is pretty much it."

Looking at his father and watches as the wizard grabbed him, slightly getting nervous as his eyes started to glow a neon green but they turn back to normal when his mom stopped the wizard from taking him, unlike his dad.

Yuma crosses her arms, "I..am just not a fan of bugs. I mean... I don't mind certain ones but wasps just creep me out. I am sure yours are okay and all but that's besides the point." Yuma crosses her arms as she thinks over questions to ask the wizard, closing her eyes. "Alright, I want to know.. your training methods, if you have any. I already basically know your sweet man that I don't even want to think about Hikaru getting involved in.. I just want to know your methods of training and if you have ever trained anyone like Hikaru."

'Of course most animals cannot read! These animals I speak of have been granted a magical gift,' he said, giving a laugh and slapping his knee.

'Tut tut! That is no excuse. People who can control magic are rare. You have to go looking for them. You've not only been slack but destructive to his development by keeping him locked up,' the wizard said, shaking his head. They really were terrible parents. 'You're his parents! It's up to you to do the best for him. Even if you'd sent him out on his own to search for his own master, it would have been better than keeping him cloistered away. It's not as if he's a child any more.'

'Twenty-two, hmmm? Most apprentices start out as children. It's a wonder you've lasted this long without training,' the wizard said, giving a firm glance at the parents.

The wizard stared at the woman as she crossed her arms as if he was mocking her. What was her problem?

'Why would it matter to me if you were afraid of wasps?' he asked.

'Very well. He is my second apprentice. The first one was far too interested in the dark side of nature and meddling with the balance of nature so I had to wipe her powers completely,' Marvin Tattle explained.

'I intend to take him into the Sylvan Forest where he will remain in my cottage. In return for his training, he will cook for me, clean for me, tend my plants and feed my animals. I am vegetarian and so will he be as long as he remains with me. He will be worked exceptionally hard because he has far too much to learn at such a late stage in his life. I may even block most of his powers so he doesn't burn down the whole damned forest. I don't believe in books so I will be training him by hand, when I am not busy with my other duties. I watch over all of Sylvan Forest and its inhabitants, given that the spirit guardian was killed off by a human hunting party many generations ago. I can't always be there to babysit him so he will have to learn to be resourceful. Once I have him in the forest, he will not be able to leave until I deem him ready to face the world again. It is irresponsible to let a partially-trained mage wander the forest or escape into villages and I don't like human visitors. Depending on how he applies himself, you may not see him for many years,' the wizard explained. 'This is your own fault. You have nobody to blame for his condition but yourselves. If you had sought out a teacher before he hit puberty, he would not be a danger to himself and those around him.'

The wizard gave a great exhale then grabbed Hikaru by the upper arm. He dragged the man towards him. Out from his hand, vines appeared and grew into a large, man-sized oval ring. Water began to well up from the base of the vines as they rooted themselves into the earth. Soon water was flowing up the ring of vines until it formed a thick surface. After a few moments the water became smooth like a mirror and a peaceful looking cottage in a large clearing could be seen through the water. There were farm animals walking around the clearing with no fences or constraints of any kind. They ate what they wanted, did what they wanted, went where they wanted and never desired to leave the comfort Marvin afforded them.

'If that is all, I bid you good day,' the wizard announced. 'Come along Hikaru, we don't have all day.'

"I suppose that is true...," Etsuji rubs the back of his head and laughs nervously, "but it is still pretty cool that your able to do something like this."

Yuma sighs a little as she looks at Etsuji, "well, we don't know what's best for him. We are not magic users. If we were, we could train him ourselves but we have to depend on strangers just so we could help him control his magic."

"We didn't know where to look really. We didn't want to accidentally find the wrong person to teach him. I mean.. I looked a couple times while working but everyone wanted an extreme payment that we could never afford. I needed to keep food on the table," Etsuji sighed.

"Well.. I train by myself, usually when..," Hikaru took a deep breath, "everyone slept or when my dad went to work."

Yuma slowly uncrosses her arms, "j..just never mind about the whole wasp topic. It doesn't even matter what my likes and dislikes are."

"Oh wow, so.. she would have turned evil if she still had her powers. I suppose it is good you took her powers away," Yuma looks at the wizard.

Hikaru listens to the wizard as he looks at his mom, watching her nod her head slowly as she got a better understanding what the man had plan for him. He looks at the wizard, wondering how cooking, cleaning, taking care of plants and feeding animals had anything to do with mastering magic, but he was willing to help the man out since he was going to be his master.

Etsuji sighs a bit, "yeah.. it is our fault. We been a total wreck ever since we saw Hikaru kill a man in cold blood. We just didn't want to see anyone else get harmed.. but the one we harmed.. was Hikaru," the man ruffled his hair before walking to Hikaru, grabbing him into a hug.

Yuma looks at the wizard, "we.. appreciate you helping Hikaru. Let us know if he ruins anything of yours and we will pay for it," she bows and then shakes the man's hand, quickly goes to hug Hikaru.

Hikaru blinks a couple of times as his parents hugged him, mostly surprise his father was also involved in the hug as well, hugging them back, "I hope..I can make you two proud the next time you see me." He watched the wizard grab his arm, waving to his parents before watching the wizard. His eyes glowed from watching the man's magic, completely inspired and hoped someday he could be like that with his magic.

"Thank you so much for your help," Yuma bowed with tears going down her check, couldn't believe how bad they were to their little baby.

Etsuji bows and looks at the wizard taking Hikaru, completely speechless with words since he never imagined this happening.

Hikaru looks at the wizard and nods his head, following along side the wizard and couldn't help but look back at his parents. He stops walking when he felt someone grabbing his other arm, felt his arm suddenly get wet. Hikaru looks over his shoulder and sees his little sister, Rosie.

"Rosie what are you doing? Come here to mommy," Yuma walks over before Rosie shakes her head, "no I don't want Hikaru to leave."

"But honey.. Hikaru needs to get better at his magic," Etsugi walks over to, trying to pick up Rosie before she goes and bites the wizard's hand, grabbing Hikaru's hand and runs off to their hide out spot they usually went to.

"Oh my.. god, Rosie. I'm so sorry. She usually isn't like that," Yuma watches Rosie run off with Hikaru.

"She.. is very attach to her brother. Hikaru was basically the first person besides Yuma and myself that she saw when she was born," Etsugi shakes his head. He bites his bottom lip, "we are sorry but... maybe a few years away..might be too much for our little girl as well. So.. I am afraid we got to decline your offer but thank you for at least coming when no one else had."

'Bah! You people! Don't give me your excuses!' Marvin snapped, waving his arms up in the air. 'No parent starts off knowing what is best for their child but you simply locked him away and did nothing about the problem. You can't sweep magic under the rug.'

The wizard couldn't believe these people. No wonder Hikaru had gone so long without training. No wonder they were in this predicament. They could have gotten someone killed with their antics! These parents did not at all understand the responsibility and dangers that came with magic. They did not deserve such a gifted child.

As if things were not bad enough, it seemed Hikaru had an adult sister who was still at home. That in as much was strange but what she did next was even more so. At first the wild wizard thought Rosie was just coming to say goodbye but then she actually came up and bit the wizard. What kind of adult does that?! Was she mad?!

'What is wrong with you people?' he sneered. This was the most bizarre, insane family he'd ever met. People like this were why he preferred the peace of his forest. If he hadn't been a hermit to begin with, he would be now.

'That's IT! I am not leaving an dangerous, untrained mage in the likes of your hands,' he snapped. 'In a few years you might all be dead! Don't you realise what you've got on your hands?'

With that, the wild wizard lit up a glowing, blue orb in his hands. He muttered an incantation and a long trail appeared to flow from it, heading straight for the escaped pair. He drew himself up on a dark storm cloud and floated all the way to where they were hiding. He stepped down from his cloud, which dissipated behind him. His hand reached out towards Hiraku and vines sprung up from the ground. It twisted around both siblings and pulled them apart. The vines continued to grow up their bodies then pulled them down to the earth so they were on their knees.

'I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF ALL OF YOU,' the wizard said in a powerful, booming voice.

The wizard's body rose into the air, his hair went wild and his pointed hat fell from his head. He stretched his arms out wide then slapped them together in front of him. There was a clap of lightning overhead and the wind rustled around the clearing. Leaves began to swirl in a circle around the trio as Marvin began to chant.

'ETHSINQUI ETORIUM FAI NENTHI IT ARRUM!' the wizard chanted, his eyes glowing green.

Hikaru glowed orange and gold, his skin warm to the touch. That glow coming from him intensified and the air began to sizzle.

'AIRIKI ARRUM EN SITHA AH FENSI!' the wizard continued to chant.

The orange and gold light coming from Hiraku was sucked from his body. It was just small tendrils at first but soon it flowed like a river from Hikaru to Marvin. If Hikaru was in tune with his magic enough, he would feel it being sucked from within his abdomen and flowing out through every part of his body. It would not exhaust him physically but it would feel strange. There was no other comparison because the magic was not leaving his physical being but his well of power. All mages had a well of power they could access to cast their magic. It was when they were trained that they received the title of sorcerer, wizard or warlock.

'TATANIA ATTARI AH FORSETH IT QUIKEI! ARRUM EN SITHA AM NOSETH FITACH!'

Once there was no more magical power left inside Hikaru, it was time to block up the young man's well of power so no more magic could fill it. It was like putting a great stone inside a balloon so it could not be filled with water. The balloon could expand no more and accept no more water. Without power in the well, there was nothing Hikaru could use to cast his magic. It was reversible by another high-powered magic user but Marvin believed nobody in their right mind would allow this family to have the gift of magic.

The air stilled, the leaves stopped swirling around the trio and everything went back to normal. The glowing ceased and Hikaru would no longer feel the strange, draining feeling coming from his gut. Marvin's eyes turned back to their natural colour and he slowly sank back to the ground. He looked at the two siblings a moment before bending over to pick up his hat. He waved his hand in front of them as if dismissing them and the vines shrank back into the ground.

'Hikaru, you are now no longer burdened with the gift of magic. You can go about your life as normal, find a wife or do whatever it is you want to do with your life. You are no longer bound to your home,' Marvin said. He walked back down the hill and away to his portal. Without a word to the boy's parents he stepped though the portal before it disappeared behind him. Ah, peace! He would have peace at last! What a trying day it had been for him.

Both Yuma and Etsuji blink as they look at the wizard, looking at each other and were completely speechless but they lowered their heads, since they were unable to really respond.

Hikaru looks at Rosie as he shakes his head, "R-Rosie? Why did you bite my master? He was going to help me master my magic."

"Hikaru! Mom and dad should know better to give you away to the first person they see. ESPECIALLY some wizard that looks like that," Rosie pouts.

Hikaru shakes his head, "but still.. you shouldn't bite him. That is not what normal people do," he sighed.

"But... he had a grip on you. I had to get him to let you go somehow," Rosie lowers her head.

Yuma and Etsuji watched the wizard, blinking as they run over to meet up with Hikaru and Rosie, "kids wait, Hikaru is ...," she stopped talking when she was watching the sight in front of her.

Hikaru blinks as he looks at the vines gathering around him and his sister, "R-Rosie watch out," he glares at the wizard as he squirms a bit, "let go," he attempted to grab onto the vine, looking towards Rosie, "crazy man, you better not hurt my sister!"

Hikaru looks down at his hands, seeing his body shine as he looks at the wizard as he listens to him chanting. He let out a loud gasp with his eyes widen, feeling his magic getting completely sucked out of his body. Hikaru squirmed as he looked at the wizard

Rosie watches and widens her eyes, "no! Stop hurting my brother you crazy old hobo," she squirms, attempting to bite at the vines.

As the vines were now gone, Rosie runs over to Hikaru and looks at the wizard, "just because ... Hikaru was bad at his magic doesn't mean he wasn't going to find a trainer to help him! There was no need to take away his magic."

Hikaru held onto his arm and holds out his other arm, seeing nothing shining on his hand and he lowers his head, seeing he really didn't have any magic. Looking at the wizard and stands up, looking at Rose, "but.. I didn't want this," he mumbles.

Yuma shakes her head as she looked at the wizard, about to say something but then runs over to Hikaru, holding him.

"This is not what we wanted...," Etsuji clenches his hands as he runs over to Hikaru, holding him along with his wife.

Hikaru watches the wizard leave, resting his head on his mother's chest and slowly looks at his father, "well.. now you don't have to worry about me now that I have no magic."

"Let's get him inside," Yuma calls out as Etsuji nods his head, picking up Hikaru and carries him back to the house. Yuma opens the door and Etsuji carries Hikaru to his room, laying him on the bed.

The next day, Etsuji went into town and sighs as he stands in front of the bulletin, "well.. I guess we don't need this anymore now that Hikaru has no more magic," he starts taking off the advertisement.

"Hey.. did you hear about that man over there? Apparently some wizard took away his son's magic. Just stripped every last drop of his magic," one woman said.

"That's got to be horrible, poor boy, I hope he is okay," the other woman said.

"Apparently he wasn't even able to control his magic so.. maybe it's a good thing it was stripped away," a man said.

"Don't be ridiculous! He could have still been trained with a proper trainer," the woman yelled.

Ashtyn's hooves clattered along the dry, earthen road as Aravinda brought her to the well to drink. The water pooled in a giant bubble in his hands and she knelt down to drink from it. The sorcerer spoke in a low tone to her, as he often did, but stopped as he heard the conversation of the women at the well near him. He let the water in his hands dry up before standing and brushing them on his robes. Aravinda looked over to the man at the bulletin board and saw the man's sorrow.

Aravinda frowned as he saw the man take down the bulletin. It wasn't his place to meddle but the young mage in question was a potential apprentice, even if he had had his powers stripped from him. Aravinda walked across the square and rested a hand on the man's shoulder.

'Greetings. I see you have taken the advert down. May I ask if you have found a teacher to suit?' he asked.

The sorcerer looked over at the woman by the well before turning back to Mr Mitsuya. Ashtyn nudged the man with his nose and snorted, leaving a wet patch on Aravinda's shoulder. Without even looking at it or brushing it away, the horse's snot disappeared. There was a lingering scent of citrus to freshen the air. She horse did not like the smell and snorted again, so Aravinda placed his hand on her neck and patted her firmly a few times. Again the snot disappeared but this time there waw no refreshing scent.

'I hear your son has been stripped of his powers. I may be able to help with that but you have to tell me everything,' he explained. 'I would not undertake something so serious lightly so I need to know why they were taken from him.'

Etsuji looked at the advertisement and sighs, ripping it up and shakes his head, biting his bottom lip in slight anger as all he could hear were a bunch of the townsfolk talking about his son. He lets out a sigh to calm down and perks his head, looking over his shoulder to see a man.

Shaking his head, "hello there sir." He looks down at the ripped up advertisement, "we thought we did. We had a wizard at our doorstep, ready to take my son for his training.. but then.. his sister interfered."

He glances at the women gossiping and looks over at the man, seeing a wet patch suddenly disappeared. Etsuji looked at the horse as it snorted again and watched how the spot once again disappeared, ~is.. this man a sorcerer? Maybe he can be more trusted than that wizard,~ Etsuji thought in question.

"Yeah.. It got taken away yesterday. It's not what my wife and I wanted." Etsuji perks his head up as he looked at the man, thinking about Hikaru and how normal he was. His son was finally normal but he could see.. in Hikaru's eyes that he wasn't happy. He let out a sigh and nods his head, "... follow me back to my house and I will tell you everything."

Back at the house, Hikaru sat on the hill, looking at Rosie and sighs a little, "hey... sis, thank you for saving me. I guess I was just blinded with wanting to get better at my magic, I was willing to let anyone teach me. That wizard...seemed nice."

"I'm sorry Hikaru, I angered him and he took away your magic. I just... I was eavesdropping. I heard everything that apparently mom and dad didn't here. You were basically going to be that man's slave, doing all his work. I mean.. I know he going to help you, but all those things he was going to have you do.. how exactly was that going to help you get better?! Besides apparetly mom but mostly dad just wanted to accept the first person that came to the door. I think you deserved someone better than him...if you still had your magic," she covers her face, "it's all my fault.."

Hikaru sighs and shakes his head, "well.. thanks to you, mom and dad don't have to worry about me anymore."

"Well yeah.. but still. What happens if someone comes and threatens us? We have no way to keep us safe. At least with your magic, we were a lot safer. Besides... you weren't THAT bad with your magic. You know how to heal people. That is a good start."

"Yeah.. but healing won't just solve issues. I needed to learn more powerful stuff," Hikaru sighed as he rests his chin on his knee, "by the way.. where exactly did you come from? You just showed up... out of no where."

Rosie laughs a little, "well.. I was drawing in the dirt when I was listening to everything going on. But.. thanks to me, you lost your powers."

Hikaru shakes his head slowly, "well.. at least I have more freedom." He smiled as he stands up, "hey... want to come to town with me? It will be my first time so.. I want to see what it's like."

Rosie nods her head as she stands up with a smile, "alright, let's go," she holds Hikaru's hand and leads him down the pathway leading to town.

• 3 months later...

OOC: My post is going to be a little bit shorter than yours. I don't have much to respond to but I'm sure we'll build up our posts again soon.

'Ah. I see,' the sorcerer replied sagely. 'So it was not the boy's fault? Tell me, how old are your children, Mister Mitsuya?'

It sounded as if the children were quite young, which was perfect for Aravinda. Children were always the best to train. They took on instructions well and learned quickly. Very few masters took on adults. They were too set in their ways, didn't like being treated as an apprentice and often got too cocky. Most mages didn't last until adulthood if left untrained. They tended to cause too much destruction to themselves and those around them. Not all were like that, however, some learned to control it themselves. It was incredibly rare to near impossible to suppress it though. Suppressed magic found its own outlet.

'I'll want to know why it got taken away. Something like that is not undertaken lightly and I'm not about to reverse someone else's magic unless I'm absolutely sure it's the right thing to do,' Aravinda stated firmly. 'You can tell me all about it on the way back to your house. Start from the beginning. Which wizard came to see you?'

The sorcerer walked with Etsuji back to his house, listening to the tale all the while. He made no sign of what he was thinking, not even a sigh or a nod of agreement. He kept his eyes ahead on the road and had a thoughtful look upon his face. He was wary, wary of the fact some other wizard had thought it necessary to take away a young boy's magic. It was possible Etsuji wouldn't tell him everything too, in case it screwed up his son's chances of being accepted by the sorcerer. Aravinda would do his own investigation into what had happened at that home and on that hill.

'Tell me again, why haven't you sought out a tutor for your son before this? Twenty-two is very old for an untrained mage. It's a wonder he hasn't gotten anyone killed or been locked up,' he said.

Etsuji looks at the man in front of him and rubs the back of his head, "ah.. well Hikaru is the oldest. He is twenty two and we have a daughter, Rosie, she is about.. well he was five when my wife was pregnant with our daughter so she is eighteen. Yet.. she still acts childish when it comes to her brother."

Etsuji looks at the sorcerer and wondered if the man was able to help his son when he helped get his son's magic back. He could tell Hikaru wasn't happy, even if he was more accepted into the family now that he didn't have his magic. Hikaru was always accepted by Yuma, other then from the accident that happened when Hikaru was five but he himself always felt unsafe when it came to Hikaru unable to control his magic. He just wanted what was best for his family and for Hikaru's safetly as well since he didn't want his son to get hurt since he had always wanted a son.

"Yeah of course, I will tell you the full story at the house. I don't want the villagers to hear... they already heard enough as it is. I don't want my son to be a outcast," Etsuji shakes his head with a sigh but realized that Hikaru was already used to being an outcast, even in his own family.

When finally arriving at the house, Etsuji looks at the sorcerer with a sigh and scratches the back of his head. "Well.. let's see. My son's magic mostly got taken away by the wizard that called himself as Marvin Tattle of ...Sylvan Forest, I believe he said. He took away the powers since Hikaru hasn't had any training and he was considered it as being danger hazard. I mean Hikaru wasn't the type to just go on a killing spree. Even if he sucked at his magic, he knew how to control himself. I guess Marvin just thought he wouldn't be able to control his powers. Is there.. anything else you want to know about what happened with my son?" Etsuji looks at Aravinda as he wasn't responding and bites his bottom lip, wondering what he was thinking since he wasn't responding as he was telling Aravinda what had happened.

Etsuji rubs the back of his head with a sigh, "well... we didn't know who to ask and my wife was too skeptical on who can train him since she didn't want to see Hikaru get taken advantaged of. And.. we didn't really have the profits to go looking around for a tutor for him either. I am not sure how pricey it would be to have a tutor train a untrained mage." Etsuji looks at Aravinda as he lets out a sigh, "well.. this happened when he was five but he did wind up killing a man that was going to take him away for trying to help him with his powers. For all I know he would have probably bring him to Marvin." Etsuji looks at Aravinda, "we did our best to keep Hikaru in control after that day. He just mostly stayed in his room."

Yuma looks out the window and then looks at Aravinda, "oh, hi honey. Who is this with you?"

"Oh.. uh this is Aravinda. I met him in town when I was taking down that advertisement about Hikaru," Etsuji looks around, "speaking of which.. where is he?"

"Oh, I think Hikaru and Rosie went into town together so Hikaru can see what it's like there since he has never been there before," Yuma mentions as she was drying her hands on her clothing since she was working on the dishes.

Etsuji sighs a bit, "uhhh well please make yourself at home. If you want to look around, that is fine too," Etsuji rubs his temples as he walks inside.

Yuma looks at Aravinda and points over to the far field, "that is where Hikaru did his training when he had his magic. You can tell with all the marks in the area. Feel free to look around until Hikaru comes back and if you need to ask anything else, don't hesitate in asking. I am sure they will be back soon."

'Marvin Tattle...' Aravinda mused. 'I haven't heard of him.'

Aravinda shook his head. Whatever truth Etsuji told, it would be biased. He would say what he wanted Aravinda to hear in order to get his son's powers reinstated. Aravinda could see that much already.

'I do need to know more but I think I will find the answers for myself,' the sorcerer replied.

The sorcerer bowed low to Yuma and held out both his hands to grasp hers.

'You have a warm heart and warm hands,' he said politely. He also felt that there wasn't much strength there. He sensed that neither parent was very strong. Having a mage for a child must have been a heavy burden on them.

'Thank you. If you would take me to the boy's room...' he asked. He could probably find it himself but he didn't want to be rude. He patted his horse affectionately on the side of the neck then held up the reigns for Yuma to take. 'Is there somewhere you can put my horse while I look around? She won't run off but she does tend to get herself into mischief if I leave her alone.'

Once in Hiraku's room, Aravinda took a deep breath and looked around. He walked over to the center of the room and a wisp of air carried away any dust and dirt then tossed it out the window. The sorcerer sat down cross legged and closed his eyes. It didn't bother him whether Etsuji or Yuka were watching. He wasn't hiding anything.

'Saranthi et atarum! Araia khalesi si fentha!' he chanted softly. There was no need to make his voice boom. He wasn't going to use powerful magic for what he was doing. It was just watching over the past. 'Araia aea in selsi!'

The sorcerer's eyes glowed like two orbs of gold. The irises were nowhere to be seen. It was impossible to tell where he was looking and not once did he turn his head. After perhaps ten minutes of sitting there, he stood up and began to walk around the house. His eyes were still glowing and his hands were at his sides. He needed no guide to walk around without bumping into anything. First he made a small sweep of the house before going outside. He walked up the hill then back down to the yard where Marvin Tattle had been. Nearby, Ashtyn tugged at her reigns. She wanted to be with her master.

Finally, Aravinda's eyes turned back to their natural bright blue and he looked around the area with a heavy sigh. He now knew all he needed to know. It was time to make a decision. Would he undo Martin Tattle's work or would he give Hiraku a second chance?

"Really? That's strange. Maybe he is known in different parts of the land. I know I never heard of him before," Etsuji rubs the back of his neck.

Etsuji looks over at Aravinda and nods his head, "sorry I couldn't help much. I think out of me, my wife, our daughter and our son Hikaru, I think Hikaru would be the best to talk to since he was the one that has gone through this."

Yuma looks at Aravinda as he held her hands, looking down at her hands. "O-Oh? Thank you very much," she smiles softly but then glances to the side with a soft sigh since it was pretty rough after what Marvin had done to her son.

"Oh, yes of course," Yuma nods her head, "if it will help you in anyway I am sure it won't be a problem since your here about my son." She slowly takes the reigns from Aravinda and looks at the horse, "oh, yes. Give me a second," she leads Ashtyn to the back real quick and puts her in a field. Yuma watches as Etsuji came out, "can you watch Aravinda's horse while I lead him to Hikaru's room?" Etsuji simply nods his head and sits on the bench to watch Ashtyn. Yuma hurries back to Aravinda, "okay, this way," she leads him to Hikaru's room.

Yuma watches Aravinda for a few minutes but then decides to leave so the sorcerer can do what he had to do. She went back into the kitchen to work on the dishes, hearing the young man chanting. Yuma looks out the window and watches her husband with the other male's horse, starting to hum while drying off the dishes.

Etsuji was sitting down, looking at the house as he rubs his chin before he notice Aravinda walking outside, watching him. Etsuji looks at Ashtyn and rubs her back, "easy girl, your master will be back. He just needs to look around the area."

Etsuji takes the reign and lead Ashtyn to her master, "so.. what do you think? Pretty crazy stuff huh. I wish we could have done something for Hikaru when he was younger instead of waiting for so long."

"Hey how cute, a horse," Rosie runs over and looks at Ashtyn, "aw, she is so cute," she rubs her back with a smile.

"Oh.. welcome home Rosie," Etsuji smiles and then looks around, "is Hikaru with you?"

Rosie tilts her head, "of course he is," she pouts. "He went to our hide out we use to always go to."

Etsuji nods his head as he looks at Aravinda, "well looks like you get to finally meet Hikaru for yourself. Rosie can you lead Aravinda to Hikaru so he can meet him."

Rosie looks at her father and then at Aravinda, "why...? What is he going to do with Hikaru?"

Etsuji sighs a bit, "this is what I mean by over protective," he looks at Aravinda and then rubs Rosie's head, "he isn't going to do anything to Hikaru so don't worry."

Rosie looks at Aravinda and then nods her head, "okay. He doesn't seem as crazy as that old guy." Rosie then walks to the hide out, looking over Aravinda before looking at the hide out before taking a deep breath, "Hikaru! Someone is here to see you."

Hikaru perks his head up as he gets off the floor, walking over to the window and looks down. He looks and notices Rosie was with another guy. ~Who... is that,~ Hikaru thought as he gets down from the hide out and looks at the much taller man, watching Rosie walk off.

'I know the wizards and sorcerers of the city, not forests. Forest wizards tend to keep to themselves,' Aravinda replied. 'Besides, there are many wizards in this world. You cannot expect one sorcerer to know them all.'

Aravinda inclined his head but didn't say anything. He had to disagree there. Parents often knew more about their children then their children did. Etuji would have seen first hand what Hiraku was capable of.

After going into his past-seeking trance, Aravinda was certain he had an accurate understanding of the situation. He agreed with Marvin's choices and actions for the most part. The man had not been able to stand the family's behaviour and had done the responsible thing in blacking the young man's powers. Someone like that could not be left unchecked.

'It was downright irresponsible of you. There are no excuses. I don't want to hear them. Hiraku killed a man because he could not control himself. That is on your hands too,' Aravinda said firmly. 'You have done your son a shameful disservice by keeping him locked up. He has no knowledge of the world, no understanding of social interactions, does not know how to be a functioning member of society and has no control over the powers he possesses. He is deficient. He could not possibly live his out his life in the state you had kept him. What is he supposed to do with himself when you die and Rosie is married?'

'Nobody in their right mind would take him as their apprentice now. He's too old to learn the traditional way. Children's minds are more malleable and accepting of the trials they must undergo. Adults are too resistant and too set in their ways,' Aravinda explained. 'You ought to be grateful Marvin Tattle came to see you at all.'

The horse tugged at the reigns so it could sniff at Rosie's hand. Ashtyn raised her head and nudged at the side of Rosie's face before snorting. She then stood back and shook long mane. She flicked her tail and held her head high.

'There's little more I can do "with" your brother,' Aravinda answered the woman. 'He has already lost his magic. What more would I do?'

Aravinda had to stare at the woman as she made a "crazy" comment about the other wizard. That one needed to learn to hold her tongue. There was something truly wrong with that woman. It was no wonder she was a spinster. At eighteen, she should already be married or at least looking for a husband. She couldn't live with her parents forever. The thing acted more like a child than an adult though. Perhaps she was defective.

'Hiraku, salutations,' Aravinda said politely as he inclined his head. 'I am Aravinda Khalateia of the Jade Order. I have a proposition for you... should your parents and sister actually allow it. Rosie, why don't you get Ashtyn an apple while I talk to your brother?'

"Ah.. right I suppose that makes sense. Accept my apologizes. I didn't know that the forest wizards were so secretive," Etsuji rubs his chin a bit and shakes his head with a sigh, glad he was just a simple townsfolk.

Etsuji looked at Aravinda, but notice how he didn't reply and rubs the back of his neck, shaking his head and sighs since he didn't know how to respond to the silence so he kept silent for now.

Biting his bottom lip as Etsuji could just simply listen to Aravinda. He took a deep breath and slowly nods his head, "your right, we are bad parents that couldn't help control our baby boy when he couldn't control his magic. After the accident, we should have found him a mentor instead of keeping him house bond. If I was able to go back in time, I would change everything so Hikaru didn't have to suffer so badly. Unfortunately... I can't do anything about the past but if I could, I would. I didn't like making Hikaru suffer do you think I want to see my own son suffer after being responsible for taking a life at such a young age. All I can hear myself saying .. is calling my own flesh and blood a monster." He looked at Aravinda and sighs a bit, "it's not like we wanted to. I wanted to see Hikaru have friends his age and be happy, we know we screwed up.. really badly with our son's life. Etsuji thinks about Aravinda's last comment and looks down, "I was hoping we could get help before then. But I know for a fact Rosie doesn't want to be too far away from her brother. I mean.. Hikaru was basically the first person she saw when she opened her eyes. I guess that explains why she loves him so much."

"Hikaru isn't like most mages. He was always willing to learn. That is why he would always sneak off and train in the field. I could tell all he wanted to do was get better at his magic. I actually heard from my wife that he actually did master healing magic while he was training, so that was pretty good," he rubs the back of his neck. He looks at Aravinda and then nods his head, "I was.. so grateful Marvin showed up I was just willing to let him take my son to help him. But then Rosie came in and somehow activated her to take Hikaru and everything went downhill after that."

Rosie smiles a little as she watches Ashtyn sniff her hand. She closes one of her eyes as Ashtyn was rubbing against her cheek, rubbing down her back. She looks over at Aravinda and shrugs her shoulder, "I am not sure. But you obviously came here for a reason.. right," she tilts her head.

Etsuji blinks and shakes his head with a sigh, "come now Rosie. You mustn't say that about a wizard. I am sure Marvin was very wise you just didn't give him a chance."

"I understood perfectly, you were about to have Hikaru to a wizard that was basically going to treat him like a slave. How exactly does doing home chores help a mage to learn magic or how to control it?

Etsuji sighs a bit, "I am sure at some point.. Marvin was going to train him."

"It sure didn't sound that that way," Rosie glares to the side and crosses her arms.

Hikaru looks at Aravinda as he held out his hand, looking back up at him and nods his head as he holds out his hand to shake the man's hand, "it's nice to meet you Aravinda." He tilts his head as he looks over at his father and Rosie, wondering what Aravinda was going to tell him but slowly nods his head.

Rosie nods her head, "oh sure, I don't mind. Be right back," she runs to the apple tree that was in front of the house.

Etsuji looks at Rosie and follows her to the apple tree, "Rosie.. how did Hikaru do in town?"

Rosie looks at her father and smiles a little, "he was really good actually," she reaches for an apple and twists it off the tree branch. "I was surprise actually..since he hasn't been in town before but I think he handled it pretty well. He greeted people, he actually helped an elderly woman that was walking home after shopping and he even got flirted on by a couple of women his age," she giggled. Rosie walked over to Ashtyn and holds up the apple to her with a smile as she watches Etsuji walk into the house to probably tell Yuma about how Hikaru did in town.

Yuma then comes running out and wraps her arms around Hikaru as his face went to her chest, "my little Hikaru I heard you did an amazing job in town my dear. I heard you greeted people, helped an elderly woman and got flirted by a couple of girls. No wonder why it took you so long to get home," Yuma slowly pulls back with a smile.

Hikaru looks up at Yuma and looks to the side, shaking his head to the side, "c-come on mom.. it really isn't no big deal. I know the basics on how to interact with people. I might have been sheltered all my life, but I actually have a few books in the hide out I go in with Rosie on how to interact with people and Rosie got me a few history books so I could learn in my spare time which I had plenty of," he rubs the back of his head.

Yuma looks at Rosie, "Rosie.. did you buy Hikaru books before what happened with Marvin," he slowly walks over to Rosie.

Rosie looks towards Yuma and slowly nods her head, "I got them from my boyfriend. I told him about Hikaru and he gave me a bunch of books so I could give them to Hikaru. I figured it would help him out with having a better understanding on stuff that he needed to know."

• 1 month later...

'Forest wizards tend to keep to themselves, rarely leaving their domain. It must have meant a great deal for Marvin to come here,' Aravinda explained. 'There are other sorts of wizards, witches, warlocks and sorcerers who are more prone to travelling though.'

'I'm glad you realise your mistake,' Aravinda said calmly. 'It means you can make your way forward.'

What Etsuji said next, however, made the sorcerer sigh heavily. It seemed the man yet again didn't understand the situation.

'I have to stop you there. I understand your son is willing to learn but he is past the stage of his life where his mind is open to new information. As children become adults, their minds change. They mature, they are shaped by their experiences and and become set in their ways. The shape of an adult's world is already moulded and it becomes hard to reform, like clay that has been worked too hard. It becomes hard for them to accept new ways of seeing the world, new information and new masters. It's not something most masters of any craft are willing to take on,' the sorcerer explained. 'I may be willing to train him but I will have to approach it in an entirely different way to a child. I've never taught an adult before and there are very few who have.'

'Yes, I saw that Marvin intended to work him hard. How do you think he would pay for the wizard's services? He'd have to earn his keep somehow,' Aravinda explained.

'I am merely passing through on my search for an apprentice. It is chance that brought me to your town. Had I arrived a day later, I would never have seen the sign your father posted,' he replied. 'You are right, however. I would not have spoken to your father if I had no interest in accepting his son.'

'From what I understand, Rosie, your parents offered no payment in return for Marvin's services. I sincerely doubt your parents could afford the services of a master. Masters often take other forms of payment from there students if they come from less wealthy families. Given how unscrupulous some people are, I would be greatful that it was just chores Hiraku was to do,' Aravinda replied. He didn't say it but many masters demanded sexual acts and companionship from their apprentices. Obviously this sorcerer was above that sort of thing.

The horse sniffed the apple, raised her lips then took the apple in her mouth. Ashtyn gave it a great chomp and began mashing it up with her teeth. She looked at Rosie with an innocent, wide eyed look that begged for more apples. She was never underfed but horses were known to over-eat if given the chance. They could make themselves sick if they went to a green pasture after living in a bare one.

Aravinda waited quietly for the family to talk about Hiraku's trip into town. No doubt it was a big step for the young man. The sorcerer sighed. There was so much the young man had missed out on, so much for him to learn. Aravinda wondered if he could possibly teach Hiraku all he needed to know to be a functioning member of society. Perhaps it would be better to leave the man with his family for another five years until he learned to adjust to the outside world. Hiraku didn't seem like a bad person but did Aravinda really want to take on such a burden? Was it really worth his time to train someone with such a delayed development?

Finally waiting for the family to stop, Aravinda cleared his throat and stepped forward. It was all very well and good that his family had congratulated Hiraku for a successful walk into town but there was a time and place. Right now, Aravinda would have thought they'd allow him the chance to actually speak to Hiraku when he'd so obviously sent Rosie away to get an apple. Perhaps they hadn't picked up on his cue.

'Hiraku, with your family's permission, I'd like to speak with you for a while. Do you think we could have some privacy?' he asked courteously. If they didn't catch that hint, there was no helping them.

Etsuji looks at Aravinda and rubs his chin a bit as he lets out a soft sigh, "well... I suppose you know best since you are one of them." He rubs his chin a bit, wondering what would happen if Hikaru had really gone with Marvin. It didn't sound like, from what he remembered, that they weren't gonna see Hikaru anytime soon if Marvin took him.

Nodding his head, "yeah.. of course. But now that I realize it, I feel stupid that this happened they way it did.."

Looking at Aravinda, hearing him sigh and rubs the back of his head, wondering what he said to set off the man off. As Etsuji slowly looked at Aravinda when listening to his words, "so... what do you think would happen to Hikaru if things continue the way they were going? I don't think.. I want to think about it," he lets out a sigh and shakes his head, "after the accident, he did seem more.. shut off to the world and didn't really talk to much. Shaking his head, "well.. if you do wind up training him, I am sure you will find a way to train him, your a very smart man."

Etsuji rubs his chin a bit and shakes his head, "I.. am not really sure. I am sure he would listen to Marvin no matter what he wants. I just hoped he wouldn't suggest him to do anything..... inhuman."

Rosie looks at Aravinda and looks up at Hikaru, rubbing the back of her head, slowly nodding her head, "I suppose that is true. Though.. I wish you saw the advertisement first before that other wizard. But it can't be helped if you weren't in town that day." Rosie smiles a little and nods his head, "that's good to hear, is that why you are here? To help Hikaru," she tilts her head.

Rosie looks at her father and nods her head, "well... if they didn't offered no money for Marvin to 'train' Hikaru, then what was he going to do with Hikaru..?" She mumbles a little and sighs a bit, "I suppose so that is true. He could have done other stuff to Hikaru. I wonder if anyone else came for the offer... what would they do? I am sure some masters would want something more from Hikaru, I really hope your not like that. You seem like a really nice man."

Watching the horse eat the apple, Rosie smiles and rubs down her mane, "such a good girl. You must be pretty hungry from your travels." She looks at Ashtyn's eyes and smiles softly, "alright, I will get you a couple more apples," she runs over to the apple tree. She runs back and holds up another apple for Ashtyn to notice it, "there we go, another freshly picked apple."

Yuma smiled as she looks at the house, "oh, I should probably get back to the chores around the house. It was very nice to meet you Aravinda," she bows and then runs into the house. Etsuji looks at Aravinda, "I will be inside with my wife if you need anything," he rubs Hikaru's head and then walks into the house, following his wife. Rosie watches her parents walking inside the house and runs towards the back of the house to get a basket, walking to the tree and picks some apples for Aravinda to take for Ashtyn.

Hikaru watched as his parents went in the house and Rosie went to pick some apples. He looks at Aravinda and nods his head, looking around, "uhh, let's see," he scratches the back of his head, wondering a good spot for him to have a talk with Aravinda would be in private. "Yeah follow me," he walks towards the open area that he use to train on and sits in the field. "I'm sorry you had to come all this way just to hear me get praise for going into town. I am sure you have better things to do," he rubs the back of his head as he looks towards Aravinda.

Aravinda nodded and said nothing to Etsuji's confession of stupidity. He wasn't going to reassure the man but he wasn't going to hammer in the point any further either. He had accepted his faults and had learned from them. It was doubtful anything would happen from it, however, as Yuma was unlikely to bare another mage child. Rosie was another story. It was entirely possible she would give birth to a mage one day. Hopefully she would have seen what Hikaru went through and not want that for her children.

'It could go one of two ways. Either he would gain control over his powers or he would not. My guess is the latter, since he has not picked up on it yet,' Aravinda replied. 'Eventually the magic within him would build up and explode catastrophically or he would lose control of his magic and cause something equally catastrophic. I do not need to see the future to know what happens to untrained mages.'

'Tut!' was all Aravinda said in reply at first when Rosie insinuated that Marvin would want some sort of sexual favours from his apprentice. 'I hope you're not implying what I think you're implying. What do you mean by "he could have done other stuff to Hikaru"? There are masters out there who do demand sex as payment but I have seen nothing to hint at Marvin being one of those masters. You are letting your dislike of him cloud your judgement and you are making unsupported accusations.'

The sorcerer waited for the family to leave before approaching Hikaru. He silently followed the man and took in the scenery as they walked to Hikaru's private spot up on the hill. Aravinda noticed with some amusement the signs of damage from Hikaru's practice. It was good to see the young man had escaped his family to play mage at least for a while. He knew how to access his well of power at least.

'It is no trouble,' Aravinda replied mildly, choosing a larger rock to sit on. He brushed his robes under him and settled down to look at Hikaru. 'I'm going to ask you a few questions but don't think of it as a test or an interrogation. I'd just like to get to know you. You can take as long as you like to answer but I expect you to answer me truthfully. I can smell a lie.'

'My first question is this - what does magic mean to you? I'm not asking for a definition of magic, I am asking what importance it has to you,' Aravinda said calmly. He had an air of authority that demanded respect but he was not as threatening as one would expect, at least at the moment.

'I can see very well that you have been practicing, despite your parents' wishes. If you were my apprentice, would you continue this act of defiance?' he asked. He waited for an answer before explaining himself. 'It is natural to want to learn and test out new skills but I will expect you to put your entire faith in my ability to judge what you are capable of. I will tell you what you can practice when you are ready to practice it. Anything less could be deadly to you and those around you. Magic is a serious pursuit and should be treated as such.'

'My next question will take a bit of explaining,' Aravinda began. 'I will not sugar-coat this. As an apprentice, you will be starting out at the same level as a six-year-old. You will be doing the same classes as them, wear the same uniform as them, hold the same rank as them and be given the same respect as them - if not less because you are a late starter. Many of your peers and elders will wonder what is wrong with you and will treat you with pity, discourtesy and even revulsion. Are you willing to put your pride aside to accept a status lower than that of a house servant?'

'You have lived a relatively soft life from what I have seen, full of idleness and ease. Learning magic isn't easy and it's not glamorous. There will be hard hours and in many cases it will be repetitive, arduous and mind numbing. You will be exhausted beyond anything you have ever known. You will have tomes to read, essays to write, spells to copy, chores to do, classes to attend and schedules to keep up with. You may even have to take up a job as well as your studies if you intend to pay your way. Not only that but it will take years before you are ready to become a journeyman, which is the next stage of your training. You may even come to regret becoming an apprentice and wish to return home. Are you sure you have what it takes to undertake such an endeavour?' he asked. In all honesty, he doubted many people were ready for the shock of becoming an apprentice but he wanted to make sure Hikaru was certain about this. He didn't want the man walking into it thinking it would be all wand waving and sparkles.

'Your family are not wealthy. I doubt they could pay for your tuition, academic fees, uniforms, books and your livelihood. Are you willing to work alongside your apprenticeship?' Aravinda asked. 'Like Marvin, I do expect something in return for my services. I will pay for your needs until you are able to support yourself but you will be in my debt. When you have finished your apprenticeship and your journeyman, you will remain bound to me as my vassal until your debt it paid off. I normally do not do this but the way I see it, you have nothing else to give and I do not deal in sexual favours. Are you willing to accept this?'

Aravinda took in a deep breathe and sat back. He remained silent for a while and it seemed he had finished speaking. He already had a lot to think over but there was much more to come. He needed to know as much as possible before making his final decision. He was not one to take swift or uneducated actions.

'What magical skills have you achieved so far? What can you do, what are you learning to do and what have you failed to do?' he asked. He wanted a complete list of Hikaru's skills but did not want to see them just yet. That would take too long. He would be able to tell if Hikaru was lying about what he could and could not do.

'Are you willing to obey my every order without question or compromise? It is hard for adults to surrender their will to their masters but that is what you must do if you are to learn from any respectable master. You cannot yet fathom the complexities of magic, the consequences of it or know how to handle them when they occur. You will have to trust me entirely and blindly. I will teach you everything you need to know in time but you have to understand that there is a time and place for every bit of knowledge I give you. If I tell you you are not ready to know something, you must accept that you are not ready. You must never question what I tell you for as long as you are my apprentice,' Aravinda explained.

'Next question. Are you willing to submit yourself to a physical? Right here, right now?' Aravinda asked. 'It won't hurt. I just want to know your physical condition, nothing else. All you'll feel is a breeze blowing through you.'

Aravinda waited for Hikaru to give him permission before a slight stirring of the air appeared at the young man's feet. The air seemed to move inside him and through his body, starting with his feet. It wasn't a cold wind but it was a wind. It was a strange feeling akin to not wearing any clothing on a windy day. As easily as it started, the wind escaped through Hikaru's nose and mouth. It travelled towards Aravinda and the sorcerer held out his hand to absorb it into his body. He closed his eyes and nodded. He knew what he had to know and was satisfied with the results.

Etsuji could simply shake his head and moves his hand through his hair. He looks at Aravinda and crosses his arms a bit, going into a deep thought as he can only wish he could start all over with Hikaru but sadly there was no real way in going back in time.

"I suppose that would make sense, either controlling his magic or losing complete control." Etsuji blinks a bit as he listen to Aravinda, repeating the words in his head, ~catastrophically... catastrophic. Maybe it's was a good thing Marvin took his powers away when he did until someone else came around to help with the situation,~ he thought within his head.

Rosie looks at Aravinda and shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know... but apparently he had no problem taking Hikaru as his apprentice even if he wasn't getting paid a huge sum of money." She lowers her head and looks at Aravinda, "I suppose .. your right. Maybe it was because I didn't want to see the first person to come to the door to just simply take Hikaru. I am his sister after all, I just want what's best for my brother," she grumbles a little.

Hikaru looks at the marks on his hands from him training his magic and softly grips on the sleeve of his shirt. He looks around the hill, seeing all the damage he made after the years of his training in secret.

Hikaru looks up at Aravinda since he was sitting on a rock and slightly nods his head, "alright, ask what you need to know about me and I will give my truthful answer," he crosses his arms as he twirls a strand of grass within his finger.

Listening to Aravinda, hearing his first question about what he thought about magic. He rubs his chin a bit as he looks to the side as he thinks for a couple of minutes, "well even if I wasn't really good at magic, I really enjoy it. I sometimes stayed up all night just so I can try to get better. I desperately want to get better and I really hope someone would want to train me."

He looks around in the field and slowly nods his head, "well, I figured I should have at least practice when I can but it was still kind of hard to train on my own without any assistance." Looking towards Aravinda and shakes his head, "I would practice when you want me to practice instead of training whenever I wish."

As Hikaru listens to Aravinda about starting out at a level for six year olds. He slowly brings his legs to his chest and rests his chin on his knee, "if that was the only way for me to become good at using magic then I wouldn't let it bother me. I would just be glad to get trained personally, even if I will be looked down on for being with other peers."

Looking at his house from a distance before looking at Aravinda, "I will.. be willing to do anything if it means I can master magic. Things just don't feel the same after I got my magic taken away. I just feel like I am treated differently now that my magic is blocked. So I am willing to do anything if it means I can make my family and even my master proud."

Nodding his head, "if I need to service you to repay you for paying for my tuition, academic fees, uniforms, books and anything else I may need, then I will do what I can to help pay off the debt. So.. yes. I accept having to deal with being in dept if that is what it takes."

Rubbing the back of his head, "well, I mastered healing magic but... mostly fail at everything else that I been working on trying to master." He leans back a little, adjusting his position so his feet didn't fall asleep, "I can do elemental magic. You know, like electric, water, fire, ground, wind, earth. I haven't really mastered those. But I heard healing magic has some relation to wind magic so maybe I slightly mastered wind magic."

Hikaru simply looked at Aravinda, "I am simply an apprentice so that would mean I wouldn't know as much as you do since your a sorcerer master. So I will obey anything you wish of me, without questioning it. I will make sure to listen to your teachings if that is what it takes so I can master magic."

Tilting his head, "a .. physical?" Nodding his head slowly up and down, "yes. I have no problem with it. Do what you must."

Looking down at his feet, feeling the breeze that Aravinda mentioned that he was going to feel as he got the physical. He could feel his body getting explored by the air and looked at Aravinda, wondering what he was thinking on his condition as he felt the air escape from his body. Watching as Aravinda held out his hand, and closed his eyes, wondering if the physical was completed. "S-So.. how was my condition? You seem happy with the results."

• Saga locked this topic