[ In the company of shadows ] by Santino & Ais

Riki

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
indeed. is it a crime to have one good pair who stick together no matter how cruel everyone & everything did to them? separate them, torture them. but at least let them stick together not necessarily to be HEA. i accept HFN too hehe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riki

• voide

• Orient

• Racheal

Top Posters In This Topic

, so much remind me of how I was confused reading “Something like summer” series. Dropped it, started again. Read it all over again in the end, with eyes full of tears and trembling heart

Very appropriate discussion we are having here, mates. You know, st valentine day and all

16883277.png

, I can't wait for you to read the EXTREMELY HOT BURNING part where Boyd and Hsin have sex on the balcony (book 4). God, that was... fire. I have read it 1000 times and it still amazes me lmao.

Ah,

Happy Chocolate Day

May you spend it dreamy

Chocolate-Day-2018-Images.jpg

OMG, I forgot valentines day XD. I am so forever alone... Thanks Orient!!

Happy valentines day my sweethearts foxy2

i think i tried to read this series. recc by mochi. but i can't get into it. mostly bc of the writing style i guess hehe but good for you, if it gives such impact.

how could you still alive? hehe.. i'm sure that's something i look forward to. they faced so many shitty stuff now. they deserved it :D

& thanks to both of you for the wishes. i feel like i wanna eat ice cream. who wanna join me? :p

i was successfully get passed 55% mark in interludes. ah, it's such a good feelings to see boyd, sin, kassian, harriet & ryan were all together eating chinese take outs. and before kassian/boyd happened, kassian actually one of my fave character as well. and now they're friends again, my adoration of him is restored hehe (this will be ongoing updates it seems. hope you won't mind i spam a little in this thread)

oh please, spam it all you want :D I would love to read your updates, getting excited already lol.

Are you there already? Wow, Hsin, Boyd, the pool? ;)

yeah, the pool scene. so intense shit :p that was from boyd's pov right? and that means ais wrote it? or i was wrong?

also, did they will ever find out who killed bridget at all? you can tell a little bit under spoiler tag. i don't mind :D

, yup, Ais wrote that part :D The scene I was talking about earlier, Boyd x Hsin on the balcony, too wrote Ais...

Nop, I won't give you spoilers, you will thank me later :p Give me your bet!! haha.

now i get it when you said there was something missing in SH's writing compared to Ais's. i mean they both are great. but you feel more intense while reading Ais's part of writing. oh, haha so that must be good? :D

who the hell killed bridget?? dang. i kinda forgot most characters in the previous books/chapters, so i couldn't take a guess

I started reading Fade again :( I'm so lame... Maybe I need help or something...

Need to find a brand new book because I keep switching between ICoS and AFTG...

, I looked Psycop series! 9 books? That's so many XD.

Do you recommend to read?

I started some days ago Cut & Run series, finished the first book and it has also 9 if my memory is not wrong.

But I didn't like it as much as I thought I would so...

If you say Psycop is a good series, I'll switch to it!

dude, you dislike Cut & Run series? you have come to the right person. i loathe the series :D no kidding, man. i didn't even try any of author's other works too. unless a psycop fans convinced me to try then i'll give it a shot hehe..

yeah, it's a long series. but like i said, idk if it's your usual read. i give you a brief of it. so these guys; vic & jacob (the main pair) worked as enforcement men. but instead of dealing with usual crime, they're facing crimes that involved supernatural (ghost & stuff). vic is a medium btw.

for me, this series is more on characterisation. which is main focus was on vic (victor bayne). i loved this series, bc i loved victor bayne & jcp's writing style. vic & jacob's relationship too one of my fave thing to read from the series. there's no cheating or so much drama. but vic had complicated mind & attitude, that what makes this a good read to me. if you like to try, read book #1 not #0.1 & tell what you think. it's fairly short too : )

Well... Cut & Run is so famous and so many readers like it I thought it would be good but... it is just so... unbelievable (?

I mean, I like supernatural, fantasy, fiction, etc stuff. I'm a hardcore fan of ICoS after all. But that was... on another level XD.

I will read the first book and then tell you what my opinion of it is if you don't mind.

you wouldn't want to know my opinion on C&R series..it might started a war lol

yeah, i don't mind. let's see if psycop works on you or otherwise. share with me your opinion. and have fun reading!

if you ever feel like writing your opinion, do ittt haha. GoodReads people seem to have read a book quite different from what I did since our opinions don't match at all XD.

• 2 weeks later...

--- This post will be about Santino Hassell's drama---

I feel the need to write my opinion regarding this matter because I was a huge fan of one of his stories (ICoS of course) and I supported him.

I do not know if all of this is true, untrue or whatever but his reply to the drama is what makes me feel mad, betrayed and disgusted.

He said He was a bi man, had cancer, had two children, divorced. People did donations to support his treatment, to help him buy suppliances for his house and to pay his medical bills. (No, not by buying his books, people DONATED to support him and not once did he post anything to show people how he used the money).

Now there are these rumors saying He is not a 'He' but a 'She', never had cancer, no children and is married, photos supposedly of him, is his roommate and his real name is Alicia.

And the only thing He has to say about all of this is ' People who want to buy my books will buy it, people who don't, won't '. ??????

I really, really was expecting him to come and explain everything. But his answer is bullshit. I don't even know anymore if he is a he, a she or whatever...

I know, I know using a 'sad past' can help with marketing but it is so wrong on so many levels. And I feel so sad for the people who really went through something like this and believed and supported him just to later found out everything was a lie.

And, for God's sake, I really do hope Ais was not behind anything of this. Because that will hurt me more than all of this.

--- This post will be about Santino Hassell's drama---

I feel the need to write my opinion regarding this matter because I was a huge fan of one of his stories (ICoS of course) and I supported him.

I do not know if all of this is true, untrue or whatever but his reply to the drama is what makes me feel mad, betrayed and disgusted.

He said He was a bi man, had cancer, had two children, divorced. People did donations to support his treatment, to help him buy suppliances for his house and to pay his medical bills. (No, not by buying his books, people DONATED to support him and not once did he post anything to show people how he used the money).

Now there are these rumors saying He is not a 'He' but a 'She', never had cancer, no children and is married, photos supposedly of him, is his roommate and his real name is Alicia.

And the only thing He has to say about all of this is ' People who want to buy my books will buy it, people who don't, won't '. ??????

I really, really was expecting him to come and explain everything. But his answer is bullshit. I don't even know anymore if he is a he, a she or whatever...

I know, I know using a 'sad past' can help with marketing but it is so wrong on so many levels. And I feel so sad for the people who really went through something like this and believed and supported him just to later found out everything was a lie.

And, for God's sake, I really do hope Ais was not behind anything of this. Because that will hurt me more than all of this.

Not like I am in the fandom or anything.

Just wanted to say that...it's a "natural flow" of how today's society flows.

People with true problems, hardships and pains that can drive one crazy -> they do suffer quietly.

On the other hand, we get some uneducated, foolish but not brave, skilled only with the provocation of a human being's mechanism called "empathy" -> they, on the other hand, make money out of someone else's tragedy.

I wonder if such people, I do not speak about that certain someone [i am not even in the fandom], realize that their lies and made-up tragedies to gain money, they do actually exist and happen to someone...? Do they realize what kind of pain it is?

Anyway. Just wanted to say that true pain is rarely shared out in public. And when there are such situations, we can also review some "sub-categories" of 'why', if you get what I mean. (;

Yes. You're right,

. True pain is rarely shared out in public.

I just always thought people who did things like this were those who had nothing in life. I do not know what kind of life Santino has but He is a well-known author in the mm category, so I never expected this from him.

I know no one is a saint but to do such a low thing...

I can't say everything is true as I do not have proof, but it seems to be since he did not deny anything.

To know you tried to help someone in need, that was not actually in need feels like a slap in the face.

dude, this whole mess... i was checking out SH books & i saw someone removed their previous reviews & ratings & wrote the reasons why they did that. and that where & when i found this. i know SH fans must be furious right now, heck i think i am even though i'm not following him religiously. lying about pseudo name & the gender, i'm cool w that. but lying to get money from people? nu uh, dude. not cool. i'm working my ass off to get money every month, even my boss thought i still don't deserved the money after hard work i've done (what a douche eh?)

but yeah. thanks for sharing this. i'm curious to know what happened next. this feels like a catastrophe smacked right on Santino Hassel's face

I, too, have zero qualms about pen-names, or gender of the writers. But if this is true then he created a person, not just a pen-name. Created a person who said understood and shared the pain of other real people with hard pasts.

He never explicitly asked for money, just opened a patreon to ' help him become a full-time author ' and started telling his story. And they helped him, always saying ' because you have gone through so much '.

His NEW answer, after the bullshit of an answer yesterday is this:

tumblr_p58zioPHFM1vsps2po1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p58zioPHFM1vsps2po2_1280.jpg

I just don't know what to believe anymore. Did he forget back in 2014 he said he had cancer? or that in 2016 people donated USD 1800 (total / more or less) for suppliances because he said he didn't have enough?

Sigh... I really want all of this to be a lie and for him to exist but... well, whatever XD.