I don't know what to doooo. ;o;

True Blue

I really don't know where I should put this. It's probably in the wrong area, sorry if it is. :cuteonion50:

I really like drawing and painting, but since everything is now practically done on the computer, I'm thinking of getting a tablet. My problems are that I have limited money (around $50 usd), no job and have no clue what to get seeing as everything seems to have both super high ratings and ratings that basically mean 'DO NOT BUY'.

So, I'm considering (other than getting a job, which I am looking for/ have been looking for over a year) selling my yaoi manga, anime, and novels as well as my international music cds and my regular manga and anime, but I would not be able to ship internationally, which sucks because I am sure I would have better luck if I could.

:hamtaro-005 (21):

Do you think I should get rid of most of my collection or should I try to wait it out and hope for a job?

Also, if you own a tablet or have used one, do you have any suggestions on what would be best without costing an arm and a leg?

HALP PLEASE!

• Like 1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• True Blue

• JuJu

• yojichan

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself think that you are possessing your own precious wealth (they are yaoi manga, anime and novels and even CDs...4e5dd44a.gif...)

That's so greattt!!! If I were you I wouldn't sell them....cause I know I will regret for doing this for sure...and I always wanna keep those beloved things (especially related to yaoi..) for the whole of my life...

(actually I don't have anything related to yaoi in my room but I really wanna have...:(...but my parents will kill me surely, if they find out sth (boy X boy) there @___@)

You may find a part time job...:D...It not only brings fun and interesting things to your life but also pays you a little money :)...

And therefore you can afford to buy a tablet (hope it's not too expensive ) :D

Just my suggestion :D...Hope you find out the best solution soon :D

Thanks. XD I know, I don't want to get rid of it, but my dad will be beyond angry if he ever finds out that I have it. x.x

I'm looking for a job, but I'm having trouble, school is going to be out for the summer and all the jobs are getting taken so quickly. D:

• Like 1

You can hide them somewhere :leaf5:

Under the bed....Inside the locked wardrobe ....:D...or some private places

My dad knows all my secret places so I can't hide them :((((

Yeah....I know finding a job is so hard but...you should try finding one...:D...

to have a job is very great ^^

I think it's a matter of priorities.

How much do you really want something that you are willing to sacrifice the other?

I have quite a collection myself of BL manga and music CDs but I'm selling them because I realize I need to set priorities and the money is good. My collections need a new home where they will be cherished more as I did or even more.

You do not have to liquidate all your collections right away, choose the ones you know you can live without in the long run.

How do you find jobs? Online? Newspaper? Bulletin boards? Referrals? You mentioned you love to draw, why don't you start accepting commissions? As a start, perhaps you can borrow someone else's tablet on a schedule until you will be able to raise funds to get your own.

That's a good idea! I don't know of anyone I could borrow one from though for now. I'm more of a traditional artist though as of now, I've only been able to use a tablet once or twice really.

I used to work at an art shoppe and I loved it, hopefully I can get a job with them again. (It was only seasonal sadly)

I'm just like my dad, a pack rat. I know I don't need them and I can probably live without most of them (I don't remember half of what I have bought really) and I rarely read/watch any more than once unless they are super good, but for some reason it seems hard to let them go. :/ I know I need money more than I need books that I am not using.