Magical Boy Role Play

Exellda

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I actually meant that the idea for non-visible light characters was inspired by Transparent. I don't see a lot of similarities between Noir and Garnet besides that their families were rich and maybe that Garnet doesn't understand poor people. It would be cool to make them kind of two sides of the same coin if Noir ends up in the rp.

I have work now though so I'll be gone for a few hours.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Exellda

• Gladis

• hal7283

• Noise Prince

Hey, sorry for the suspense, but I have Gray ready here:

Name: Andrew Taylor

Nickname: Rookie (from an online handle)

Color: Gray

Appearance:

OwfbCvc.png

Personality: A bit of a loner, and a bit of an insufferable know-it-all when he does speak. He has an heir about him like he doesn't want you around. Andrew is a lot more spineless than he thinks. He'd be the kind to flirt with the term 'incel' if he were straight. He's never to blame for his problems, it can always be attributed to someone else, or even some ambiguous "other" or "them". He thinks he's good at hiding his emotions, but he has a pretty flippant temper that he refers to as his righteous judgement.

Other: Is a bit of a health nut

Sorry I've been otherwise silent, too. I personally think it'd be nice to keep both new players with one each? Just because it'd suck to kick out either person after all of this

So I just chatted with

and he mentioned some of the questions
made to him. So I'm just gonna answer them according to the discussion we had on the last RP. And just to be clear, these settings were from the LAST Rainbow six rp and doesn't necessarily have to apply to THIS rp. That being said if nobody has objections then these settings should probably carry over:

1) Why does the rainbow group exist? 2) What is their purpose?

To protect the world from supernatural threats that exists. Essentially the Colorless.

3) Who or what was responsible for their creation?

In the last thread it was decided that some mysterious force of Good granted these boys powers to fight a mysterious Evil, which presumably has been going on for time immemorial.

4) The same three question applies to the colorless.

The above mentioned big evil granted the colorless their powers as vanguard of its will.

5) Were they also born with their powers?

Yes in the sense that they were indeed born with their powers, with some maybe a little aware of their difference, while others had zero idea. Whichever the case their power wouldn't present anything too out of the ordinary. Like maybe Green is really good at raising plants while Blue is good at swimming, and Red is really good at sport despite the lack of effort to exercise. No in the sense that it's only after they've awoken as Rainbow Six or Colorless that they could use their power to their full potential, or at least to a point which they can actually do super stuff with them.

6) Were the activated in the same way?

Depending on how we play out the story, no. The colorless could've awoken their power first and began to cause trouble, and in response the Rainbow powers woke up. In fact in the last RP the Colorless was formed first and was about to send out a "Monster of the week" to cause havoc. The original plan was that just as the monster was about to attack the boys they suddenly transform and do the whole clothes disappear, uniform appear, say cheesy transformation line in turns, and all say in unison "Here comes to Rainbow Six!" and rainbow color explosions behind them and all the cliche shenanigans. Well, perhaps not the rainbow color explosions but you get the point.

7) For what purpose was Ari turned into a fairy?

is more clear about the details on Ari since it was him who came up with the Transparent idea. But the gist of him is basically the power of good mentioned above turned him into a fairy as a guide figure for the Rainbow boys. I vaguely remember something about it is some form of penance for something but I am not entirely sure.
also mentioned the possibility that due to Ari being unsatisfied with his current predicament he could fall to the dark side, or maybe get captured/tortured by the Colorless at some point. Little fairy sex anyone? And also there were talks of Ari gradually grew in power as the rainbow boys grew, or collect some plot related macguffin, ultimately to the point that he'd become a "Green Ranger" if you get the Power Ranger reference. Honestly his deal is a bit unclear to me as well so really just ask
. But I think he's pretty stressed out due to exams and stuff at the moment so expect delays?

8) If the rainbow group was created to defeat the colorless, were the two groups given their powers by different enteties? Perhaps ones that stand in opposition to each other?

As mentioned above. They're the result of the war between a being of Good and a being of Evil. There were talks that perhaps the Evil being was sealed away and needed some macguffin to be set free. And a large part of the struggle between the two groups would be the fight for said macguffin.

9) Outside of rainbow and colorless, to what extent do magic and fantasy creatures exist? What kind of role do they play in the world? 10) Do other people with magic powers exist? Because if that’s the case, the rainbow group could really just be a conincidence and has nothing to do with fate. It would certainly require less planning and thought put into it, plus there’s an added chance of them running into other magic people later down the line. If it IS fate, on the other hand, what that fate dictates must be figured out.

No talk of such beings were raised in the last RP. If you can find a way to incorporate them into the rp in a meaningful way then by all means?

Well, I've finished work for the day.

Does anyone have any thoughts on adding two more colors? I feel like that would be the easiest way to even things out. If it's about the number of members then splitting the characters won't fix anything and you guy'll just have to pick who will stay. If it's about the number of characters then

and I can decide who wants to play who.

If we want to add two colors then I was thinking we could either go scientific and pick from UV, IR, X-ray, Gamma. Or we could stay with the colors with Pink, Brown, Gold, and Silver.

I don't mean to pester you guys. It's just that I put a lot of effort into my characters so I'd really like to know which, if any, I'll be using. I'd rather not get super attached to any character that I won't be able to use, or end up starting an rp with a character who isn't fully developed. So I'd really appreciate it if we could figure this out sooner rather than later.

Thank you hal! I still haven't finished my paper... but I wanted to say a couple of things.

Ari will turn 'normal' momentarily as he gets stronger. While both sides are getting stronger, so is he... Mostly, at random times, when he can't control it, eventually he'll be able to, he'll shift into his human form- but will be a giant fairy.

I am still unsure what to do because I like Haraku's Green but Kotorichan's Black. hal said it best;

Kotori's black as you mentioned in your post is like similar but opposite to Garnet. The fact that they are both rich mean that they maybe know each other before the magic shenanigans? Even had something resembling friendship or even a crush?

I like the idea of them being rich because that is one way to world build and make it so they know each other. The crush thing is totally optional lmao of course.

Haraku's character sheets are more detailed, to the point that I could imagine them very well. Green is very... Human, and I like it. Black might be too unstable and, from what I read, I am not sure if he'd be a good leader, considering he hides in his room.

Kotorichan's Black has that leadership quality I want. He's a mastermind, can lead White and Grey. Make orders and whatnot. I'd like to get to know his personality or like... hobbies or something... Because I don't feel like I 'know' him well yet. Then again, it can develop throughout the rp.

And... I don't want to shoot you down, but Kotorichan, I am not fond of the special scientific colors... only because I wanted Ari to be the only one who was special- and that's because he's the mascot...

I am torn, because you both had one character that I liked and didn't like... I am not sure if I want to have another person join... But I don't want to give away a character to someone else... There's the option of adding colors... but that... I still feel like it adds way too many colors...

I personally am against adding more colors into the mix.A ten men cast is huge enough as it is, add in two more can only make things worse. If anything I almost feel like cutting a few colors.....

Honestly the main reason that I didn't write more for Midori and Noir was because it would be incredibly disappointing if I couldn't use them after writing any more. I have full plans for them, but putting the time into writing and drawing everything out makes me really want to use them.

I don't want to make things difficult or cause any hard feelings. It's just a bit frustrating that you seem expect me to spend a long time on a bio when at the time it seemed like I wasn't going to be able to join at all. You had already mentioned that you thought you'd give Haraku priority so it really just seemed like a formality.

Also I do like to keep some suspense. I could write a full summary of their lives with little vignettes of the most important events, but I feel like that takes away from the actual rp. It seems more interesting to me to slowly learn about the characters in a natural way. If you prefer to just have a detailed description then I can do that for both, or for just Midori since he seems to be the one you don't actually like.

Like I said, I don't want to cause any hard feelings so I apologize if this came off aggressive. I just don't like that my character is assumed to be bad just because of a lack of details. If you don't like him or don't feel like he's a good fit then please just tell me. I know you don't want to hurt anyone's feeling, but it bothers me more to be given reasons that could easily be fixed.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not asking for a vignette or for some biography about his life... I merely wanted some extra, small details... Like take M/C Garnet. I put;

Smart, High Maintenance, Proper, Neat, Organized, Weird, Odd, Strange, Dork, Joker, Playful

Other : Garnet cannot stand getting dirty and likes his things neat, organized, and pristine.

Little things like that adds value. I see where you're coming from, but please see where I am coming from when I say; adding less details, to me, makes it feel like you didn't want to be apart of the role play as much as Haraku did. What I mean is, when I asked for you guys to put bio's up, I wanted you to put your best self forward. I want to be confident in my decision. Sometimes simplicity is enough, other times adding more details is what gets you the role. It depends.

And I have no reason why I didn't like your green, but I just didn't compared to Haraku's. Even if they didn't list details like I did, they way they portrayed the character says a lot about them. Asa would be a phenomenal magical boy... Just like Noir would be a fantastic leader of the Colorless... I just felt like Noir fell flat just a little bit on personality. Mostly, all I know if that he's an asshole who looks down on people...

But what else? That's it? That would be sad. Simply, all I wanted was a little butter for my bread. lol Either something that gives an example of how he is or a simple list (like I did with Garnet) so you can develop him in the role play without spoiling all of his character.

Do you get what I mean? I hope I made sense.

I think I understand what you mean. It had just come across that you were going to give priority to Haraku because you had already asked them. I do want to join but I was really disappointed because I thought that I had missed my chance.

I'm going to edit my post a little to add a few more details. I'll let you know when I'm done.

Thank you so much for taking your time to answer my questions. These were exactly the things I wanted to know. I’m well aware that at the moment, none of it is set in stone. That’s fine, but then at least we have something to work with. Again, thank you. You’re awesome! /)(o u o)/)

A few follow up questions, then:

1) Since this battle has been going on for a very long time, could the rainbow group and the colorless actually have predescessors? It’s probably not something that’ll ever become relevant, but I like the idea. PLUS, if that IS the case, it could probably be used in the future.

2) I’m currently working on Sylverster’s background and the ideas I’m leaning towards the most would rely on his powers awakening earlier. As in, around the time he reached puberty. Would that be possible?

Personally I think it would make sense, even if not all of their powers need to have awakened at the same time. Nothing alianates you from ordinary human beings more than growing up with potentially dangerous magic powers. It might also be part of what brings them together – since I have somewhat of a hard time seeing how it would have happened now. Especially with the kind of personalities the three of them have. Don’t really see them all randomly bumping into each other and instantly becoming besties. >.>’

3) One of Exellda’s problems was that he wasn’t sure how to bring all of our characters together. Partly because of the variying ages and partly because it just doesn’t make sense for everyone to already know each other. Since they were created by a force of good to fullfill a destiny, perhaps an agent of that being could have pulled some invisible strings to bring them all to the same place. Completely from the shadows, of course. This is just a suggestion, though.

4) Not so important but... do they KNOW what incantations to say and all that or do their abilities more or less force them to do it? X,D

As for

and
, I’d kind of like to give my two cents on the matter. I think Kotori should play black and Haraku should play green. I believe that Noir is a better fit for the role as black, as a completely unhinged and antisocial character would make a horrible leader. Especially if they don’t posess even a shred of charisma. On the other hand, there’s no doubt that Haraku put a lot of work into his characters so I do believe he should also be allowed to join. Asas seems like a delightful character.

My only concern with Noir is how Kotori described him as unfriendly. Because even if your intentions are downright despicable, constantly acting like a horrible human being won’t get you very far. Not even with all the money and good grades in the world. You may look at everyone with contempt, but you’re not going to win people over by treating them badly. Unless they’re emotionally unstable masochists, I guess. >.>’ I suppose what I’m trying to say is that whereas Black should by no means be kind, he does need to be charismatic. Charm is likelier to help him out of a though spot than being able to do maths on a high level. Give me that shrewd, manipulative businessman he was probably raised to be. o 3 o

If that makes sense. XD I don’t know, you can also just ignore what I just said – but those are my thoughts on the matter. ^^

I love my characters but don't feel bad about not choosing me. Trust me I'll be fine. The work I put into making characters is a lot of fun so I have no problem with doing it again! Writing makes me very happy at times and writing for characters is wonderful to me. If this RP comes open again then I'll write up characters again just like last time! I mean it is not like they disappear if I am not chosen. They'll still be with me and I can be proud of them and such so worry not! It seems like Kotori really wants to be in the RP. I seem to have made things worse by having one good character and one bad character XD. ;-; I didn't mean to make the decision harder with that.

Glad that my explanations helped to clear things up. And here's my take on the other topics:

1) Since this battle has been going on for a very long time, could the rainbow group and the colorless actually have predescessors? It’s probably not something that’ll ever become relevant, but I like the idea. PLUS, if that IS the case, it could probably be used in the future.

Presumably Yes? There might have been previous rainbow and colorless boys before. It could be a potential plot point in the future but maybe not until we've exhausted current possibilities? Or the Good and Evil had been fighting for years but in the last battle both of them got too injured to fight on their own, so this time they decided to try using surrogates and thus lead to the rainbow six and colorless?

2) I’m currently working on Sylverster’s background and the ideas I’m leaning towards the most would rely on his powers awakening earlier. As in, around the time he reached puberty. Would that be possible?

Personally I think it would make sense, even if not all of their powers need to have awakened at the same time. Nothing alianates you from ordinary human beings more than growing up with potentially dangerous magic powers. It might also be part of what brings them together – since I have somewhat of a hard time seeing how it would have happened now. Especially with the kind of personalities the three of them have. Don’t really see them all randomly bumping into each other and instantly becoming besties. >.>’

Yes as I mentioned in the previous post. For the rainbow boys Some of them might have noticed their "difference". But that's about it, "difference." Nothing that made them super human, not until their actual awakening. As for the colorless, actually now I think back on it, since I was Black I kind of called the shots regarding to settings of colorless and I vaguely remember me arguing for Black "gave" white and gray their powers. So in this sense Black was the only true "colorless" as his power came directly from "The Evil". But of course this was from the last post and doesn't have to carry over. If you find giving Black that much power over the group too much then you can make the colorless the same as rainbows regarding power awakening.

3) One of Exellda’s problems was that he wasn’t sure how to bring all of our characters together. Partly because of the variying ages and partly because it just doesn’t make sense for everyone to already know each other. Since they were created by a force of good to fullfill a destiny, perhaps an agent of that being could have pulled some invisible strings to bring them all to the same place. Completely from the shadows, of course. This is just a suggestion, though.

As for how the groups became "friends". For the rainbow boys we kind of skipped the process and directly to the result of them becoming a group. And the reasoning was basically "fate", or "magical attraction" if you will. My Yellow (Roland) was a prime example of this, as he despised pretty much every single one of his supposed "friends" but someone just keep showing up to these pointless group meetings annoyed and irritated. And for the colorless since it was Black who "recruited" the other two so that's how the group was formed. Again this doesn't necessarily apply to this new RP.

4) Not so important but... do they KNOW what incantations to say and all that or do their abilities more or less force them to do it? X,D

Sadly we never got that far. But my take on the issue is basically their abilities force them to do it. Or it's like a reflection of their "true self" so they can't hide it.

You’re wonderful,

! Thank you so much for being so patient with me and all my questions! ; w ;

The idea that Black granted them their powers is actually pretty good. It means I would have to change the original ideas I had for Sylvester’s backstory, but it certainly works. It’s also a good explaination for how they became a group. I absolutely don’t think that’s too much power for Black – he’s the main villain, after all, so if he weren’t a challenge that would kind of suck. Do you think he might have made some kind of faustian contract with the dark entity that granted him his powers?

Oh, okay. I see. XD That would work. Personally I think it would be more intertaining if most of them were just complete strangers, brought together by fate (or chance, depening on how they choose to look at it), instead of them having met repeatedly in the past. I guess it takes a bit more time to build their relationships from the ground and up, but that’s what makes it fun. Plus, they kind of HAVE to stick together if they’re now suddenly supposed to fight evil with their newely acquired powers. o 3 o

- - - Updated - - -

You haven’t made things more difficult at all! Like I said before, I would like to see both you and Kotori in this role play. I still stand by that opinion. -w-

You’re wonderful,
! Thank you so much for being so patient with me and all my questions! ; w ;

The idea that Black granted them their powers is actually pretty good. It means I would have to change the original ideas I had for Sylvester’s backstory, but it certainly works. It’s also a good explaination for how they became a group. I absolutely don’t think that’s too much power for Black – he’s the main villain, after all, so if he weren’t a challenge that would kind of suck. Do you think he might have made some kind of faustian contract with the dark entity that granted him his powers?

Oh, okay. I see. XD That would work. Personally I think it would be more intertaining if most of them were just complete strangers, brought together by fate (or chance, depening on how they choose to look at it), instead of them having met repeatedly in the past. I guess it takes a bit more time to build their relationships from the ground and up, but that’s what makes it fun. Plus, they kind of HAVE to stick together if they’re now suddenly supposed to fight evil with their newely acquired powers. o 3 o

- - - Updated - - -

You haven’t made things more difficult at all! Like I said before, I would like to see both you and Kotori in this role play. I still stand by that opinion. -w-

The dynamic between Black and the Evil would certainly be up to the player to figure out. Is Black simply a pawn in The Evil's plans? Once he outlived his usefulness maybe he would be discarded which lead him to possible redemption? Or is Black only biding his time to gain enough power to usurp even Evil itself? To what end? And would he succeed? And what would become of Black after his eventual inevitable defeat?

As for how the rainbow boys is formed, we can certainly do it differently this time. Like they all happened to be at the same spot then suddenly a monster attacked, thus they transform into the Rainbow six.

Speaking of monsters. In the old post I had the idea of Black letting the other two embedding people with a 'dark crystal", which will enhance their inner darkness and turn them into monsters, which will then cause havoc and destruction and fill the dark crystal up. Once they've collected enough "darkness" something was supposed to happen, but obviously we didn't go that far. Also I planned to let Black give the other two ability to create minions so to create more targets for the rainbow boys in battle.

Okay so what I am getting is that Kotorichan is Black and Haraku is Green, and they both can participate.

Was there anything else we needed to discuss? Anything you guys need to know? Did I miss anything?

I was thinking that they were the only ones with power, and not the rest of the world. Why? Because what would be the point of having this group of guys save the world? If everyone has powers, then everyone is equal.

Anyway... Uh, lets see... Where shall everyone meet? Or will they so happen to be in the same area during the time? This role play could actually start out with Colorless already unleashing something and Rainbow guys end up together- Ari shows up and basically unleashes their powers. And they instinctively fight..? Perhaps this occurs at a location where there are not too many people, initially.

Or they could meet? And get to know each other a bit- gives Colorless time to establish themselves as well and unleash something evil. Perhaps when they hang out it just so happens to be at the same time when Colorless unleashes evil. This is just like the original role play.

Or were there any other ideas that I might have glossed over?

Okay so what I am getting is that Kotorichan is Black and Haraku is Green, and they both can participate.

Was there anything else we needed to discuss? Anything you guys need to know? Did I miss anything?

I was thinking that they were the only ones with power, and not the rest of the world. Why? Because what would be the point of having this group of guys save the world? If everyone has powers, then everyone is equal.

Anyway... Uh, lets see... Where shall everyone meet? Or will they so happen to be in the same area during the time? This role play could actually start out with Colorless already unleashing something and Rainbow guys end up together- Ari shows up and basically unleashes their powers. And they instinctively fight..? Perhaps this occurs at a location where there are not too many people, initially.

Or they could meet? And get to know each other a bit- gives Colorless time to establish themselves as well and unleash something evil. Perhaps when they hang out it just so happens to be at the same time when Colorless unleashes evil. This is just like the original role play.

Or were there any other ideas that I might have glossed over?

I think they happen to be at the same place the same time one day would be a good place to start. Maybe Roland and Garnet could be making a scene and the rest of them were bystanders watching? Again the colorless is already formed and unleash something.

I don't know what you're talking about...

okay my computer was super weird last night and it kept copy pasting what I had in my clipboard to anything that allowed text for a few minutes. What I had was a long-ass reply to a certain roleplay. I must have somehow posted it to this thread (as I had it open on a tab at the time) without realizing I had done so. Sorry everyone!!

Ah! I completely forgot that you guys were going to create another thread for this! Has all the roles been taken?? Boy I have to read everything from the start.