YO's Photography Contest - Melancholy

Key

knQ4Ndx.jpg

~Theme: Melancholy~

At the suggestion of YO's members, we decided to hold a new monthly contest - a photo competition.

The new theme is 'Melancholy'. You can post pictures of a landscape, a book, a statue, a photo box, anything that makes you feel melancholic.

Bbin6a2.jpg

- The picture has to be taken by you

- The pic has to be related to the given theme

- You can use photo editing software to fix the levels, brightness, contrast and so on, but without adding effects (like using brushes on the picture)

- Each member can post only 1 entry

XcIJn2X.jpg

- All the participants get 3000 points

Start date: 02/11/2017

Closing date: 01/12/2017

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• batista

• kakundiyo

• Fake2

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, this a very melancholic picture. It was my dog, called Pirata.He was a very depressed dog. In that moment he didn't mind in having his nose pressed against the floor without breathing properly as long as he could sleep. And I kind got kind of depressed remembering about him. But' it is a cute picture too!

odLBaXV.jpg

my own melancholy - self portrait. My brother took this photo two years ago when I suffered severe depressions. it was the worst time of my life when I almost died. but now? I'm stronger and more positive than before. I feel really amazing and when I see these photos, it's like looking at a totally strange person

71f8b47c27_103036143_o2.jpg

this pic is taken few years ago when my city got a heavy fog from the burning land because of long dry season

FDT4mf5.jpg

It's been quite awhile now but still make me melancholy whenever I looked at it in my album

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Photobucket doesn't allow sharing the images hosted on their servers on other sites, so, please try uploading images on other image sharing sites like Imgur or Tinypic (none of them require having an account). For this month, I re-uploaded your pic on Imgur. (:

My favorite flower-which is from my Home Country-I always miss my families from back Home whenever I see this flower(the butterfly was a bonus):

ppFEx4b.jpg

2r4uf10.jpg

Visiting this local monastery sometimes and seeing how it's just been left to fall into rubble always makes me feel Melancholic. It's such a shame because at one point in history I bet it was beautiful.

i made this picture a few years ago... in a rather dark chapter in my life... i think a few can relate. i am glad that this kokoro is all mended now, filled with positivity and light more than ever before ^_^

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

This stray cat lived near my boyfriend's house. We named him 'Cabezudico' and with patience I got to pet him. Then we stopped seeing him, he looked old and had scars from cat battles but I hope he just moved or something, lol. When I watch this pic I wonder what happened to him and it makes me a little sad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=38320&d=1511283594

• 2 weeks later...