How would you feel if you are living with people...

K

(i'm in a hard thinking while writing this...)

How/What would you feel if you are living with people that uses their own language (which is obviously differ from yours), together in one roof? Is it okay?

. .they understand and able to speak your language, they're only using it when making conversations with you, but when they're alone, quiet chit-chat (in the bedroom) or sometimes in an open conversation (just in their circle) inside the house, they uses theirs

. .the disadvantage on your part, was that, you don't even know their language

. .and you can't even ask them nor to tell them about this cause you know it might hurt their feelings

• Like 2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• K

• midniteXfairy

• osnhub

• sarah3161

I wouldn't feel comfortable if they would speak in another language that I wouldn't understand and maybe ask them to tell me about what they are talking when speaking in the other language...

• Like 1

That is probably how I will feel soon because I am doing a study abroad program in Japan next year lol. My japanese sucks and I'm sure there will be things they say that I don't understand and it'd be awkwark lol. I will probably be worried that they are talking about me XD

• Like 2

I know how you feel-my roommate is Korean and brings over Korean friends frequently, and they're very loud, and only speak Korean. She also stays up all night on the phone when I'm trying to sleep-it's annoying. But, I've just learned to live with it and press on, even though there are times when I want to tell her to shut up. I just get on her nerves back-I know I do it, but she can't complain since I don't.

• Like 1

erm..it was difficult for me because .i'm is temperament quick-tempered and sensitive.i prefer using mother language for the all good ...hehehhe

• Like 1

I've been in situations like that in my school life. It is difficult because you want to get along with everybody at least. You can't deny the fact that you suspect that they could be talking about you or against you. I've learned that the only way you can deal with the situation is to learn the language at least on a survival status...you don't have to be super duper fluent with their language. But then as time went on, I just ignore the most part. I mean, I've enough on my plate as it is than worry about what in the world they're talking about. Because realistically even when we speak the same language, people will always talk about stuffs that will make you feel awkward, nervous, suspicious and even offended. It's not really about the language people speak...it's all about the kind of character that person possesses. You may speak different languages yet he/she can be the most considerate person you've ever met. You will still be able to have a good relationship with this person regardless of the language gap.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

wow thats a tough one......to be honest i don't know

i guess be nice to them as possible so they talk about me?

• Like 1

I'm not comfortable with those kind of people but we have what we called respect, even though we don't understand their language we should respect it .. that's my opinion :)

• Like 2

I'm not comfortable with those kind of people but we have what we called respect, even though we don't understand their language we should respect it .. that's my opinion :)

. .you're absolutely right,

. .i do respect, respect and respect, lol

• 3 weeks later...