YOUR NOT MY SOULMATE! { Silverwyn & Sosuke0549 }

Sosuke0549

"Uh- I'm fine. College is good. Fun..But I should be asking you that..your the one in the hospital...Are you well?"

Hiro gave a soft awkward laugh. Looking a little embarrassed at the mention of still being there.

"I'm fine. I'm mostly healed up. I just started physical therapy for the arm I broke. There was just a small incident so my dad insisted I stay a bit longer."

He looked anywhere but at Jay, not wanting to mention his nightmares, or Jay's part in them.

" Mind if we sit?"

He glanced at Jay in surprise at the question. He really hadn't expected this to be anything more than a short awkward conversation that ended with Jay walking away again.

"Uh, yeah, sure.."

As he sat down, the red-head couldn't help but recall Scott's uncharacteristic optimism. He tried to bite back the spark of hope. Could it be that Scott knew something about Jay's reason for being there?

He swallowed hard as he turned to his soulmate as Jay sat down.

"Wa-" Feeling like his voice was catching in his throat, he cleared it and tried again. "Was there something you wanted to talk about?"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• Silverwyn

"I'm fine. I'm mostly healed up. I just started physical therapy for the arm I broke. There was just a small incident so my dad insisted I stay a bit longer."[/Quote]

" oh..I see. "

Jay muttered as he took a seat next to Hiro.

"Wa-....Was there something you wanted to talk about?"[/Quote]

Jay glanced at the red-head before looking to the floor. For a moment Hiro lost his voice...was he nervous too ?

"Y-yeah..I'm just not sure where to begin.."

He thought for moment before signing and scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"....So um..."

He paused. He seemed slightly uncomfortable.

"..Hiro..you seem like a really nice guy and...even tho a lots happened..and I said before I didn't want us around each other..but...--"

Despite what most people thought, Jay really liked helping others..although this would be the first time he helped someone who was gay.

He sighed again.

"Ugh I'll just say it...D-do you still wanna be friends?"

His heart was racing. Jay knew it was because of Hiro. He always felt different around him. His body going haywyre with emotions and feelings.

"I-if you don't I.. I understand... I'm just... I just keep ...coming to you..and thinking about..you. ..And if we become friends..maybe I..--"

He cut himself off.

Won't hate gays so much...

The dark haired male shook his head and ran a frustrated hand through his locks.

"S-sorry.. I'm not making any sense..am I ?"

He smiled a little.

"..Hiro..you seem like a really nice guy and...even tho a lots happened..and I said before I didn't want us around each other..but...--"

Hiro shifted uncomfortably, trying to steel his heart for what was sounding like the beginnings of another rejection. He swallowed hard, really not wanting Jay to continue because he really couldn't take yet another rejection from his soulmate. He felt like he couldn't maintain his mask this time. Like this would be the time he could cry in front of the guy. Maybe that wasn't a bad thing. Maybe Jay would finally realize what all his repeated rejections were doing to him and stop showing up.

At least that waas what he was thinking until Jay's next words sunk in.

"Ugh I'll just say it...D-do you still wanna be friends?"

What? Had he heard that right? He stared at the guy in disbelief, for once not even a fake smile graced his face, but he felt the tears slowly welling.

"I-if you don't I.. I understand... I'm just... I just keep ...coming to you..and thinking about..you. ..And if we become friends..maybe I..--"

His soulmate had just asked if they could be friends. It was slowly sinking in. As the tears fell uncontrollably, a genuine smile slowing formed on his lips.

"S-sorry.. I'm not making any sense..am I ?"

Hiro shook his head, trying to wipe away his tears. "No, it's not that! I'm just really surprised. I feel like I'm dreaming, except I never have good dreams like this. All I ever wanted to be was your friend and now you're actually asking me if we can be. Oh god... please don't let this turn into another nightmare."

He'd babbled happily at first despite the tears, obviously really happy that Jay was asking to be friends, but then his smile morphed into fear as he became terrified that this was all just another more elaborate way for his psyche to torture him. Maybe he'd never even actually gotten out of his hospital bed.

He reached out as though to touch Jay to make sure he was real, and then hesitated. If it was real, Jay probably wouldn't like him touching him. So instead pinched himself. And kept on pinching himself because he wasn't feeling anything.

"No, no no no nononononono..." What he didn't realize was that he'd already entered a state of panic before he'd even pinched himself. He was so out of it that although the pain was there, it wasn't registering.

When Jay saw the salty tears begin to fall from Hiro's eyes he was rather surprised. A wave of panic washed over him.

What do I do?! He's crying !

" uhh- Hiro..I'm sorry.* You can just say no.. Please don't --"

The other male shook his head, whipping away his tears.

"No, it's not that! I'm just really surprised. I feel like I'm dreaming, except I never have good dreams like this. All I ever wanted to be was your friend and now you're actually asking me if we can be. Oh god... please don't let this turn into another nightmare."[/Quote]

Jay didn't get it...how could he have such an effect on the other.

" oh well.. This isn't a nightmare.. I'm sorry to hear you get those. But this is real..."

Jay couldn't help but take in how happy Hiro was. He babbled on and on and was smiling ...it almost made him smile..however the others demeanor suddenly changed. He looked...terrified.

"Hiro?..."

The red head reached out to touch him but quickly stopped himself and instead began to pinch himself. Jay watched Hiro...a little confused and slightly worried.

" Hiro..uh..why are you pinching yourself ?"

"No, no no no nononononono..." [/Quote]

"S-stop!"

With out even thinking he grabbed the others arms trying to stop him..and the moment their skin touched a warm welcoming feeling moved through out his body.. He barely knew Hiro...and yet his body acted as if it had known the red head for years.

Jay took in a trembling breath and quickly released the other.

"....d-did you..feel that ?"

The sensation of the other's touch startled him out of his panic, because if that didn't prove he wasn't dreaming, then what did?

"....d-did you..feel that ?"

"Y..yeah..." Hiro blinked at him. "You're really here..." he bit his lip and then a relieved smile slowly spread across his face and he visibly relaxed.

"Thank god. Are you really serious about being friends? Because nothing would make me happier. I said it before right? I don't think soulmates have to be lovers?"

His smile was as blinding as it had been the first time they met.

A thought seemed to occur to him and he turned to Jay questioningly.

"You do know I'm not particularly gay right? I don't really care about gender. I've got plenty of guy friends and they're all strictly platonic relationships... though so are all my female friend relationships... but that's beside the point."

He looked a bit embarrassed.

"Sorry, I know I'm babbling, but what I'm trying to say is you don't have to worry I'm going to try to jump you or anything if that was why you were trying to keep your distance... I just feel really at ease and comfortable around you."

At least when I'm not out of my mind with fear that you're going to reject me again.

"And when you touched my hand, it was like I was finally a whole person... sorry, that probably sounds really weird."

"Y..yeah..." [/Quote]

Jay was slightly relieved. Hiro was calming down.

"You're really here..."[/Quote]

Jay saw the others smile and quickly looked away.

"W-well yeah..."

"Thank god. Are you really serious about being friends? Because nothing would make me happier. I said it before right? I don't think soulmates have to be lovers?"[/Quote]

Jay glanced at him. He sighed hanging his head and rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah ..we'll you'd be the first...but yes..I'm serious about ...us being friends. "

"You do know I'm not particularly gay right? I don't really care about gender. I've got plenty of guy friends and they're all strictly platonic relationships... though so are all my female friend relationships... but that's beside the point."[/Quote]

Jays eyes widened slightly. That thought hadn't occurred to him.

"Oh..r-right..yeah no. I hadn't really thought about that. I see..."

"Sorry, I know I'm babbling, but what I'm trying to say is you don't have to worry I'm going to try to jump you or anything if that was why you were trying to keep your distance... I just feel really at ease and comfortable around you."[/Quote]

Jay shook his head.

"No its ok..babbling is fine..."

And yes..that's pretty much what he thought would happen , however the longer he was around Hiro.. The calmer he felt.

"And when you touched my hand, it was like I was finally a whole person... sorry, that probably sounds really weird."[/Quote]

Jay practically jumped when he heard the other say that.

" N- no its not weird! I completely felt the same way I just.. Had no idea how to describe it. But yeah..a whole person..."

His eyes fell to the ground again.

"Since we're friends now.. I think we should start over. "

He heaved a heavy sigh and stood facing Hiro, giving the red head his hand.

" My name's Jay Kiriyama. It's nice to meet you.."

He smirked a little before laughing .

" haha- sorry was that too formal? "

" haha- sorry was that too formal? "

Laughing, Hiro shook his head and accepted the handshake. With his soul-marked right arm still in a light brace, he couldn't see his own soul-mark, but he felt a tingle much like the first time he'd met Jay and knew it must be growing again.

"Hiroshi Tadashi. You can call me Hiro. I'm the head librarian at Wayland University."

He introduced himself in turn, reveling in the connected feeling he got from their handshake. He reluctantly retracted his hand though, not wanting to turn things awkward.

"You mentioned College? What are you studying?" He asked curiously.

It was incredible how happy and light he was feeling compared to the last month. He really couldn't wait to be out of the hospital.

"Hiroshi Tadashi. You can call me Hiro. I'm the head librarian at Wayland University."[/Quote]

Jay was impressed.

"Huh..no kidding. "

Jay sat beside the other once more, but made sure he wasn't too close. Now that he was with his other half.. He felt...rather peaceful. Which was pretty odd for him sense Hiro made him quite nervous in the beginning. He felt his mark tingle after he had finished shaking thr others hand...had his mark changed ? Expanded even ? He couldn't really inspect it sense it was hidden with a sweat band.

"You mentioned College? What are you studying?"[/Quote]

"Oh..huh...I know I wanna go into the medical field. Just not sure on what I wanna do yet...I just know I wanna help people. "

He shrugged.

"I was thinking a children's doctor..since I play guitar and sing a little..I figure I could be that cool doctor that makes the kids calm and happy when getting a shot or something. "

He laughed faintly.

"Or a surgent but...I don't know about that one.."

He looked at the others arm for a few moments before looking away again.

" Does it still hurt ?"

He wondered.

Smiling, Hiro listened to him discuss what direction he was considering for his medical career, and was just wondering if that meant Jay was attending Wayland, which was the top medical college in the area, when he saw the guy's attention shift to his arm.

" Does it still hurt ?"

Hiro glanced down and sighed a little. "Not in general." He said, shaking his head.

"But it does at certain angles, or if I try pick up any real weight up with it. I've...." he hesitated, but only because he didn't want to make Jay feel like it was his fault. So he chose his words carefully.

"I've been having really bad nightmares. I flail around in my sleep because of them. That's why I'm still here. So they can protect me from myself while I sleep." He rolled his eyes in an attempt to give the impression that it wasn't as big a deal as they were making it, and it sounded worse than it was.

"Scott's going to get me out of here though. Coming out here to courtyard made me realize just how sick I am of that hospital room. I'll probably sleep way better once I'm out of here." He explained. Though in truth the red head knew that it wasn't being out of the hospital finally so much as this conversation that he was currently having with Jay that would finally give him a good night's sleep.

"So are you attending Wayland then? If you got into Wayland, that's pretty impressive."

Jay listened. He only showed a slight concern when the other mentioned nightmares but when Hiro rolled his eyes about the topic , he assumed it was no big deal.

"So are you attending Wayland then? If you got into Wayland, that's pretty impressive."[/Quote]

Jay smiled a little.

" yeah I am. "

He shrugged.

"I was actually surprised they excepted me. I'm mostly just taking my basics right now..I only have two medical classes. And ones online so.. "

He shrugged again.

"Are you taking anything ? Perhaps...if we share any classes together ...we could do homework with each other. "

He said, turning towards Hiro. Jay was a pretty good student , dispite all the flings he had with girls. You think he's focus more on school then sex.

Hiro was watching Jay more closely than he let on when he was talking about his nightmares. He relaxed himself when he saw that his attitude towards it had succeeded in dispelling Jay's concern.

"Are you taking anything ? Perhaps...if we share any classes together ...we could do homework with each other. "

Smiling, Hiro shook his head. "I'm not officially enrolled in anything. But I've pretty much got free reign of the campus. I've been sitting in on classes for the heck of it since I was 16. Maybe I'll sit in on one of yours this term. I can certainly help you out though. Even if not's not a topic I know much about, I know the library like the back of my hand."

Hiro was feeling pretty excited at the prospect. He couldn't wait to get back to work.

"So what are you taking?"

He'd barely asked the question when another person entered the courtyard.

"Hiro." The red head froze for a moment at the voice and his smile changed, no longer so open and excited it became a polite mask as he turned toward the woman approaching them.

"Hello Mary. What brings you here?" He asked in a painfully polite voice.

The woman stopped short at the name and looked rather distraught about it. "There you go calling me that again. Why won't you call me mom?"

Hiro's polite mask didn't change as he responded to the woman who looked a bit like him.

"I'm pretty sure I explained that last time. I don't know you. You aren't my mother. What are you doing here Mary?"

"You're my son, of course I'd be worried when I found out you were in an accident!"

"That was over a month ago. What's the point of even coming at this point? I shouldn't even be here anymore."

"What are you doing here?" Scott's voice cut in, much less politely.

"I just-"

"How many times do we have to tell you that you don't do what you did and then just get to waltz right back into his life and call yourself his mom!?"

"Scott."

"He has a mom, and she's happily waiting for me to bring him home. There's no room for the woman who abandoned him."

"Scott, you don't need to go that far..." Hiro interjected.

The blond shook his head. "No I think I do, because no matter how many times you've said it politely she just doesn't seem to be getting the message. Come on, let's get you out of here. Dad gave the go ahead and mom is already getting your room ready. We can drop you off anywhere you need if you want to come along Jay."

The woman behind Scott was crying as Scott offered his hand to help Hiro stand.

"Hiro pleeease! I'm so sorry..."

Hiro's mask had already dropped as he stepped around Scott and sadly stood in front of the woman.

"It's too late Mary. I've only ever known one mother. You were never there." His words were spoken quietly and apologetically. Truth that needed spoken rather than words meant to hurt.

Then he stepped around her. "You coming Jay?" He looked back to him with a small embarrassed smile.

"Hiro." [/Quote]

Jay turned when he heard someone call for Hiro. It seemed he had another visitor. When Jay saw her he quickly assumed that she was probably Hiro's mother or sister. She was the spitting image of him.

"Hello Mary. What brings you here?" [/Quote]

Mary? So that's not his mom?... He doesn't look very Happy to see her.

"There you go calling me that again. Why won't you call me mom?"[/Quote]

Mom?!

Jay glanced at his soul mate. Why did he refer to his mother by her name ?Jay could feel something was off about Hiro. Was he ...angry ?

"I'm pretty sure I explained that last time. I don't know you. You aren't my mother. What are you doing here Mary?"[/Quote]

Ouch...

Jay quickly felt out of place between the two but he couldn't just leave.

"You're my son, of course I'd be worried when I found out you were in an accident!"[/Quote]

"That was over a month ago. What's the point of even coming at this point? I shouldn't even be here anymore."[/Quote]

"Uh..Hiro--"

He felt like he should say something , however he wasn't sure what. He could feel the other was...irrated.

"What are you doing here?"[/Quote]

Jay bit his lip seeing Scott come into this.* He was a lot more forceful then Hiro.

Jay awkwardly listened to the conversation between the three. And apparently. Mary wasn't all what* she appeared. When she began to cry Jay was tempted to comfort her.. Why was Hiro being like that ?

"Hiro pleeease! I'm so sorry..."[/Quote]

Mary was pleading and yet..Hiro was as cold as ice. He'd never seen the other so withdrawn and distant.

"It's too late Mary. I've only ever known one mother. You were never there." [/Quote]

She..abandoned him..?

"You coming Jay?" [/Quote]

The dark haired male was pulled from his thoughts hearing Hiro. He looked up at him and slowly stood.

"Uhh.."

He glanced back at the women giving her a apologetic look before following the red head.

"..sure.."

He walked beside the other and glanced at him with curious eyes. Hiro and him were the same..what was his past ? And way was he so cold to his biological mother ? Who was...Hiro ?

His eyes fell as he looked at the ground and slipped his hands in his pockets.

"Not that.. Its any of my business but...what was all that about ?"

"Not that.. Its any of my business but...what was all that about ?"

Hiro glanced around as they followed Scott back to his hospital room to pick up his stuff.

"Uh, I'll tell you in the car. Sorry about that. It must have been pretty awkward for you."

Once Hiro's things were gathered and and the proper papers were signed, they headed out to Scott's car and the red head decided to sit in the back with Jay so they could talk.

"My....uh... birth mother left my dad when I was too young to even remember her. My dad was an abusive drunk and that didn't translate well into raising a kid alone. One night when he was beating me worse than usual, he lost his balance. In the end he died of head trauma."

Hiro sighed. "I was only 11. Scott was my best friend at the time and his parents adopted me when they found out about it all."

He gave Jay a wry smile. "Mary didn't show up until two years ago. We have no idea who she is, what she does, or where she came from. Just that she claims to be my mother. She won't take a DNA test, the only thing she has going for her is that I look a lot like her. Whenever she shows up in response to something, it's always weeks... or years, after the fact. I have no proof she's really my mother, and no reason to trust or forgive her even if she is. My dad was already dead 6 years by the time she first showed up. Nothing she's said or done has helped her case. My dad never even talked about my mother. For all i know she died young. At least that was what I'd chosen to believe. After all, it was better than believing that my mother actually abandoned me to that man."

Hiro's voice came out sharp and bitter. He blinked, seemingly surprised by his own tone.

"Sorry. That was probably way more than you wanted to hear."

Scott listened from the driver's seat, surprised himself by how much Hiro was opening up to Jay.

He'd been about to ask Jay where he wanted to be dropped off, but changed his mind and headed straight to the Wayland house. Might as well ease his mother's worry by letting her see for herself that things were finally working out between Hiro and his soulmate.

• 3 weeks later...
"Sorry. That was probably way more than you wanted to hear."[/Quote]

Jay quickly shook his head.

"No-its fine. I'm just...uh..surprised ."

Listening to the others rather heart breaking tale made him feel a little bit closer with the red head. He was a little surprised that the other revealed so much to him, but then again, they were...soul mates. Hiro probably couldn't hold back his words or feelings.. It was easy for them to talk to each other and just..let everything out.

They were complete strangers to each other.. And yet..they felt like they've known each other for years.

"..I'm sorry to hear..all that..I can only image how rough it was..."

His eyes wondered to the ground. Perhaps this was the time for him to talk about his past, if so, Jay ignored the urge.

"I was wondering why you guys don't look alike..guess that explains it. "

He gave a awkward small smile before look up at Scott in the drivers seat. Since the other didn't ask him where he lived, he assumed that they were going to their place.

He was about to ask Scott a question when his phone began to ring.

"Oh--"

He bit his lip and pulled out his phone from his pocket only to slightly frown after reading the collar ID.

He quickly ingored the call-

" sorry about th-"

His phone rang again, cutting him off.

"Ha..ha- "

He gave a fake/awkward laugh and put his phone on vibrate to end the obnoxious ringtone.

"S-sorry.."

He turned to Hiro.

"So um..after Scotts family took you in was it--"

His phone began to buzz.. The same female calling him once again. He bit his lip.

".Women..there relentless...Mind if I take this ?"

He tried not to look at Scott. Knowing that the other was probably judging him.

"I was wondering why you guys don't look alike..guess that explains it. "

Hiro shrugged and gave him an awkward smile.

"Yeah..."

He watched as Jay turned his attention to Scott and thought he was about to ask something just when a loud ringtone cut into the moment of silence, causing both of the brothers to jump.

Hiro watched as Jay awkwardly tried to deal with the call, obviously becoming increasingly flustered each time the caller tried again.

"So um..after Scotts family took you in was it--"

Just when it seemed they were about to continue the conversation, Jay was cut off again by the phone's buzz.

Hiro noted with some curiousity that he looked annoyed and.. maybe a bit ashamed?

".Women..they're relentless...Mind if I take this ?"

Hiro couldn't help but laugh a little. For some reason he found the situation kind of amusing.

"You probably should. It could be important." Hiro chuckled. He then turned away, looking out the window to give his soulmate some semblance of privacy.

He supposed it was probably Jay's girlfriend and chose not to dwell on it. Much as he liked Jay, and as attractive as he found him, there was probably no way they would ever be more than friends. So who Jay was seeing was none of his business and he just did best not to think about it.

For Scott's part, he knew they were friends now. Knew that Hiro was happier than he'd seen him in a long time, and figured that Jay's friendship was all he really needed. As long as Hiro didn't mind, it wasn't really any of his business if Jay talked to his girlfriends in the car.

Jay slowly put the phone to his ear and answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Where are you"

Jay glanced out the window.

"That's a great question. Uh..In a car at the moment--"

"And why aren't you at Coles Pool party ! You said you'd go with me!"

"Oh..that was today ?"

"OH YOU !!! YOU JERK! YOU PROMISED! YOU SAID YOU'D COME WITH ME!!"

Jay quickly pulled the phone from his ear, as the female began to yell. Since it was so quiet in the car, Asuna's voice could clearly be heard by anyone and everyone in the moving vehicle.

..this is..so embarrassing..

"There will be other parties-"

" That's not the point ! I Know there well be other parties ! The point is your a forgetful asshole who breaks his promises. Do you know how many times you've bailed on me!!"

"N-not that many times-"

"FOUR!!! FOUR DAMN TIMES!!"

"Oh..well...Asuna I don't mean to forget. I just do."

Probably because you chase so many girls you forget !"

"I..I Wouldn't say...chase-"

He laughed a little awkwardly.

"That's not what I heard. Hmp!! So your not coming ?!"

"No.."

"This is now your fifth time bailing on me..."

"I'm sorry..something came up..I should of called you.."

His voice turning sweet and considerate.

"I like orchids and my favorite candy is Hershey Kisses. I'm tell you this - because not only with you buy me those things, I expect a dinner and a movie.."

"Bossy...I like it. "

"This is your last shot Jay- I mean it!!"

"Okay okay..Next week then ?"

"No tomorrow! And pick me up at 12:00 you hear me. 12:00!!! "

The female hung up.

Jay sighed and put away his phone quickly apologizing. He knew that the two males most likely heard his entire conversation.

"Sorry about that.."

He felt even more awkward now and..maybe even slightly ashamed.

"..so um.. Are we almost there?"

Wanting to change the subject and forget about the phone call.