YOUR NOT MY SOULMATE! { Silverwyn & Sosuke0549 }

Sosuke0549

Everyone is born with a simple tattoo on their wrist. A circle , a straight line, a dot , etc. When you start interacting with your soul mate your wrist tattoo begins to become more complex. Your first kiss.. Leaves grow. Your first time, flowers sprout. Getting married, swirls fill your arm.. Its different for everyone. However when Jay finds out that his "soulmate " is male- things don't go as smoothly as they should. He refuses to accept that fact that he's pared with another male, and did I forget to mention he's a homophobe? Will his "Soul mate" be able to gain his trust and love or will Jay shut him out ? Can Jay learn to accept his significant other and realize that love is truly blind and that there's nothing wrong with...being gay?

CHARACTER BIO:

tumblr_myrtsqYt0K1sufw1mo1_500.gif

Name: Jay Kiriyama

Position: Uke

Likes: music, clubing , flirting , running , playing guitar, helping others , and animals

Dislikes: Gays, sweets, cooking , being alone, and* bullies

Personality: Very out going, kind , and flirtatious towards females. He's athletic and charming and enjoys helping others. He won't admit it but he's* a major homophobe. Deep down inside he holds a type of hatred for them. Why ? ( You'll find out later) Despite having looks and the charm he's quite the play boy with girls and has slept with many. He is a " Wonder" Someone who doesn't want his "mark" to define who he loves or what he does, so he sleeps with whoever is wants. He can be a jerk when he wants to be.

Past: Jay was bullied grownjng up. And his father walked out on him and his mother at a very young age. He was molested by his gym teacher in elementary school and* because of that , he moved to a completely different town and began a new.

Other: Recently Graduated High School and will be attending College at Wayland University. Majoring I'm the medical field.

"Jay? Are you listening ?"

The handsome younger male lifted his gaze, being yanked from his thoughts.

" hm? Yes of course. "

" Oh yeah ? What did I just say?"

Jay was quite for a moment. To be honest..he hadn't heard a thing.

" Why live in the past? "

He offered her a small apologetic smile.

" Jay! Pay attention !"

"Okay . okay I will. "

He amused her with a fake laugh and met her eyes.

" Forgive me.. I'm listening now. "

So boring...

He thought. He only listened to her for about a minute before his eyes wondered back to his mark. He couldn't image meeting his soul mate. What would she look like ? Not that he cared about stuff like that but. At times he indulged himself with the idea of the perfect girl.

" Sir- your food"

Jay looked up as the waiter brought him and his beautiful date their good. The two sat outside the restaurant under a large red umbrella. It was a lovely day, and there were hardly any clouds in the sky. A nice breeze was in the air as well , making it not so hot.

"Thank you ."

He said politely.

Just when he was about to take a bite of his stake he felt a sudden tingling sensation on his wrist.

What ?

He looked at the one inch thick line on his wrist.His mark. His eyes widened slightly. He watched as the mark began to move. It was as if it had a mind of its own!

No... Here ? B-but who ?

"Jay? Is something the matter ?"

"...Its nothing."

His eyes wondered the people walking past the restaurants and coming out of the stores. How close was his soul mate?

M-my hearts racing

Jay suddenly took out his phone and pretended he had just received an important text.

" Yuki. I'm sorry... I have to go.. Its important."

" What? You can't go! Our food just got her ! You promised me a date Jay!"

" I know. I know. But this is really important. I'm sorry. "

He stood and gave her a quick kiss goodbye.

" I'll make it up to you.."

He whispered in her ear.

" Wear something cute tonight~ I'll come over at 10"

He kissed her ear lobe making the girl shudder and blush.

"F-fine!"

Already forgiven. Girls were far too easy to please .

He smirked and threw some money on the table before leaving in a hurry.

Jay fastly walked down the sidewalk bumping into a person or two.

It won't stop moving!

He thought. His eyes looked at the mark. Was this the day he'd meet his soul mate ?

Not looking where he was going. Jay suddenly ran into another male. The two of them falling to the ground .

" oh crap I'm so sor----"

Their eyes suddenly met.. And at that very moment he felt sparks shoot throughout his body. His mark twisting. It only took seconds for his entire life to change. Now.. If he looked at his mark it would no longer be s small line. It was now a two inch squiggly line.

No...this...can't be...happening !

He had just bumped into his soul mate ! The very thing he was trying to get away from!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• Silverwyn

d8981c1776138d299c17f0a0361eab4d.jpg

Name: Hiroshi (Hiro) Tadashi

Position: Seke

Likes: People, music, nature, books, sharing with people he likes, the idea of a soulmate, and food

Dislikes and fears: Bullies, alcohol, the dark, and the idea that he'll live his life without his soulmate.

Personality: Hiro loves being around people. He easily makes friends with men and women alike and he's always smiling. He doesn't do romantic relationships though because he's holding out for his soulmate. He never hesitates to lend a hand, share a bite of his food, or a song, lend a good book, or share a picture he took on a whim. Most acquainted with him swear there's never a day or time he isn't smiling and carefree and are jealous that he can pass through life without a care in the world the way he does. His closest friends have come to recognize the real emotions he hides behind all the smiles and just wish he'd be more honest about his feelings.

Past: Hiro's father raised him alone and was an abusive drunk. He died when Hiro was 11 and he was adopted into the family of his closest school friend at the time. Back then people were always asking him if he was okay. It didn't take him long to realize a smile was the best mask.

Other: Hiro's Adoptive family run's and owns Wayland University. He doesn't have any particular ambitions, so he works in the University Library. He's well known around campus, and it isn't unusual to see him sitting in on a class here or there, learning this and that as he pleases.

"I know it pays better dad, but I really don't think I have the head for that kind of work. Besides, I like the library. The pay is enough to support myself and I'm really happy working there."

Hiro switched his phone to the other ear as he turned to cross the street, casting a glance each way as he went. "Yeah, I'm heading back. I stepped out to get some lunch... Rosy's doing great, she really picked it up quick and she's seems to like it almost as much as I do. I don't think there will be any problems."

His stomach grumbled, he really couldn't wait to get back to the library break room and eat, he was starving.

"Of course dad, you know I never miss the family dinners. I'll definitely be there." He crossed another street, glancing at his watch as he reached the other side. "Alright I'll see you la..."

He trailed off as his attention was drawn to a tingling sensation originating from the dot in the middle of his wrist. As he watched, a line began to appear beneath the dot, and his heart started to pound excitedly as he realized the implications.

His soulmate.

His soulmate was nearby.

He was so distracted, he didn't see the other person until they collided.

"I'm so sorry!" He said on reflex, a little breathless as he tried to sort everything that had just happened in that instant in his head.

He could still feel the phantom sensation of the sparks that had shot through his body at the contact, the tingling sensation in his wrist was stronger than ever, and a thousand butterflies beat their their wings simultaneously in his chest as well as his stomach and he was looking into the eyes of his soulmate.

Finally!

On his wrist a sort of spiral started beneath the dot and curled downwards for about an inch in an S-like figure.

The ever present smile on his face was stretched so genuinely wide it almost hurt.

"Hiro? Hiro!"

The faint voice brought his attention back to his phone that was still on the line with his father.

"Sorry dad, I'm fine. I'll talk to you later." He said absently before hanging up.

Then he offered his hand to the guy to shake. "Hiroshi Tadashi. You can call me Hiro. I am so happy to finally meet you!"

Jay stared at the stranger he bumped into. The first thing that captivated him was his eyes. The way they lit up when he smiled at him...and that bright colored hair.

His heart was beating so quickly! He felt like he had just ran a 5k. He could see the happiness in the others features but for him... This was horrible.

N..no ... This can't be right? I-im not... I'm not gay! W-why is he a guy!

Jay was in such shock that he didn't even pay attention to the others phone conversation. Time seemed to have stopped for him as hundreds of questioned ran threw out his mind.

The handsome male offered his hand.

"Hiroshi Tadashi. You can call me Hiro. I am so happy to finally meet you!"[/Quote]

Jay quickly stood up on his own. Not offering his hand. He quickly broke his gaze from the other.* Jay wasn't sure what to do. He honestly wanted to run but..that wasn't fair to Hiroahi.

"..J-Jay Kiriyama.."

He scratched the back of his head , feeling a little uncomfortable. He glanced around.. There were so many people! What was he suppose to say? To do?

He took a step away from the other. Perhaps there was a private place they could talk..

Hiro's smile dimmed a little and his brow creased as he realized something was off.

"Jay?" Even just saying his soulmates name was a different experience. It was like a whole new sensation on his tongue.

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?" He asked with obvious concern.

He reached out a hand towards Jay's shoulder, but hesitated and retracted it when it occurred to him that the other was avoiding his touch. On top off that people were starting to stop and take notice of their odd exchange.

"Um... Shall we go somewhere more private and talk? I work near here. The break room is pretty private. Or if there's somewhere else you prefer?" He smiled encouragingly even though his soulmate seemed to be avoiding his gaze now.

Whatever the problem, he really wanted this to work somehow.

"Jay?....Are you alright? Is something wrong?"[/Quote]

Jay bit his lip and gave his soul mate a fake smile.

" um..you could say that. "

When the other went to touch him he kept his distance. He was purposely avoiding the other males touch.

"Um... Shall we go somewhere more private and talk? I work near here. The break room is pretty private. Or if there's somewhere else you prefer?" [/Quote]

"Sure.. That's fine... "

He waited for the other to lead the way. He didn't understand this? Was the world playing a horrible joke on him ? How could his soulmate be a guy? Jay was having a difficult time accepting the truth.

He knew this couldn't be a mistake. No matter how badly he wished it was..*

His mark reacted to Hiro.. And there was no faking the way his body felt when their eyes first met.

but.... WHY HIM!

"If you don't mind ..can I see your mark?"

He asked suddenly as they walked. He continued to avoid the others gaze. He was curious.

Smiling, Hiro turned and continued in the direction he'd been heading.

"If you don't mind ..can I see your mark?"

The question caught him by surprise and his steps faltered, causing his foot to catch on the step he was going up. "Woah!" He stumbled and found himself erratically hopping up the next few steps as he flailed, seeking to regain his balance. In the end he was standing his hands on his knees and his heart in his throat. After a few calming breaths, he stood up and gave his soulmate an embarrassed smile.

"Sorry about that. I'm a bit of a klutz sometimes. Of course you can see it. We're almost there. I'll show it to you in the break room."

They were entering the Wayland University campus. The red head lead the way towards one of the larger buildings, down a few halls, and into the library.

The library was large, Taking up a whole corner of the building and extending upwards three floors where the rest of the building had only two.

One of Hiro's favorite parts of the library was the top floor with it's large windows giving an excellent view of the campus in every direction.

He waived to the small brunette manning the desk as he lead Jay through the door behind her. That took them to a short hall with three doors, and he stepped into the one on the left.

Taking a seat at the small table in the room, he indicated the seat across from him in invitation for Jay to sit. Only then did he finally lay his wrist on the table, taking the chance to get a good look at it himself.

The new, s-like figure had solidified and darkened, spanning the inch of space between the dot he was born with and the joint where his hand bent at the wrist. The symbol of their first meeting.

Hiro must of been surprised by his question because the other almost fell , stumbling over his feet.

Jay was slightly concerned.

" A-are you ok?"

"Sorry about that. I'm a bit of a klutz sometimes. Of course you can see it. We're almost there. I'll show it to you in the break room."[/Quote]

As Jay followed he was more and more confused. Hiro was taking him to his college!

D-don't tell me he..goes here too.

He lead the way to one of the larger buildings, down a few halls, and into the library.

Wait... Didn't the other say he was taking him to his work ?

He..must work here. You've got to be kidding me!

The other waived to the lady at the desk and lead him through the door behind her. Now he was positive that he worked here.

Jay's eyes wondered over the campus ,library , and halls. He had done a virtual tour online, but he'd never actually seen the campus. It was beautiful.

When they finally reached a private place, Hiro was the first to take a seat at a small table in what appeared to be the break room. Jay ran a hand through his hair before taking a seat across from him. Only after sitting did Hiro show him his mark.

Jay stared at it.. It was in its second stage. It was small and simple and yet.. Elegant. It was odd.. Jay had never seen this mark before and yet it seemed so familiar.

Jay didn't spend much time admiring the mark , his eyes fell away.

"I see."

He kept his hands underneath the table , hiding his mark.

" Look.. You seem nice.. But.. I'm a Wonder and..I'm not gay. I'm not sure how this happened but.. Theres just no way we could be soul mates. "

" Look.. You seem nice.. But.. I'm a Wonder and..I'm not gay. I'm not sure how this happened but.. Theres just no way we could be soul mates. "

Hiro blinked. It was the closest he'd ever come to dropping his smile in front of someone, but instead he smiled harder as he tried to work passed the sting of rejection and come up with something to say.

"I.." He took a breath and tried again. "I can't say I agree. I.." He silently cursed himself as his voice broke again.

"I don't know about you, but I know I've never had this reaction to anyone before, despite the many people I've met. That said. Maybe being Soulmates doesn't mean we have to be lovers... I've always liked the idea of a soulmate. I felt like my soul mate would be the one person I'm closest to. That we could trust each other, understand each other, and have each other's back even when no one else does..." He shook his head, his smile sad as he stood up.

"Sorry, that probably sounds totally lame." He laughed. "Thank you for talking to me at least. I should really be getting back to work. It's time for Rose's break so unfortunately I can't walk you out. I'd like if we could at least be friends, but I understand if you aren't interested. Have a good day. If you want to talk some more, you know where to find me, yeah?"

He stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him, and paused in the hallway, briefly letting his smile fall away entirely while he recomposed himself to return to the desk. His lunch was left forgotten on the table. He no longer had the appetite for it.

By the time Jay came out, Rose had made herself scarce and Hiro was busy checking a stack of books out to a professor, his smile polite as they discussed the new course material the man was preparing. Hiro was giving a fairly educated opinion on the subject. He'd read several of those books out of curiosity and growing interest after sitting through one of this professor's classes.

Jay waited... Waited for Hiro's anger , confusion, and perhaps tears.. However that never happened in fact the boy smiled even harder which really threw him off.

"I....I can't say I agree. I.." [/Quote]

Jay heard the pain in his voice and quickly apologized.

"Sorry.."

Was all that came out.

"I don't know about you, but I know I've never had this reaction to anyone before, despite the many people I've met. That said. Maybe being Soulmates doesn't mean we have to be lovers... I've always liked the idea of a soulmate. I felt like my soul mate would be the one person I'm closest to. That we could trust each other, understand each other, and have each other's back even when no one else does..." [/Quote]

Jay eyes never met Hiro's, he listened and was a little surprised.* He'd never heard of such a thing before. Soul mates beings friends? And just friends ?

Your soul mate was suppose to be your other half. The perfect significant other for you.. The one you are truly destined to be with . Your perfect match..

Was he crazy ?

"Uh.. I.. Id rather..stay away from you.. "

He said honestly. If they grew close.. He feared that he might actually fall for him.. Hiro stood , his smile sad as he began to leave.

Rejecting the other made him feel.. Odd.* He felt his entire mood shift and suddenly felt drained of energy.

Was he depressed ?

"Sorry, that probably sounds totally lame."[/Quote]

He laughed ending with,

"Thank you for talking to me at least. I should really be getting back to work. It's time for Rose's break so unfortunately I can't walk you out. I'd like if we could at least be friends, but I understand if you aren't interested. Have a good day. If you want to talk some more, you know where to find me, yeah?"[/Quote]

"No its fine. I understand. Go ahead. And ...yeah. "

Now he knew the place to avoid.

When Hiro left. Jay stayed seated for a few minutes. His eyes glued to his mark. Why... Why him ? He didn't understand why Hiro was his soul mate. They seemed so different and..their genders were the same... Never before had he ever dreamed his soul mate wouldn't be...a girl.

Jay left the library. His phone virbiating wildly as girls began texting and calling him. People he often fooled around with. Perhaps hooking up with someone would get his mind off of Hiro.

He hated to admit but.. His mind kept going back to him.

no.. No I refuse! Its just my natural urges.. I'm..I'm not gay ... He's not my soul mate !

Despite being fully immersed in his conversation, Hiro couldn't help but follow Jay with his eyes as he left.

His heart felt heavy. his smile so plastered it had to be stuck. This was worse than his worst nightmare. In his worst nightmare he never met his soulmate. It was a gloomy prospect, but at least there would always be that hope, however slim it became, that he might still meet them. Meeting and being flat out rejected by his other half was like all the hope he'd harbored in his heart and been violently ripped out and left a gaping hole.

However polite Jay had tried to be about it, Hiro could tell he wanted nothing to do with him.

He did his best to distract himself with work for the rest of that day, trying to ignore the constant reminder that his soul mark was quickly becoming.

It didn't help that he worked so much with his hands and it was constantly entering his line of site in some way or another.

By the time he'd said goodbye to Rose and locked up, his smile was so mechanical, it felt rusty. And he'd wrapped a scarf around his wrist because the very site of the mark was starting to make him feel sick.

Becoming an orphan and feeling like a pity case hadn't left him nearly this depressed.

He left the campus and headed down the street. His apartment wasn't far, though the street he had to cross to get to it was pretty busy.

As he prepared to cross, the recollection of the high accident rating that intersection used to have, came to him with a morbid sense of jealousy. Maybe if he got hit by a car, his soul mate issues wouldn't matter so much...

Shaking his head at the borderline suicidal thought, he started to cross the street as the light changed to indicate it was safe.

He seriously needed to pull himself together, was what he was thinking as the car ran the red light and practically plowed right into him. The world spun for a moment and went black.

By the next morning it was all over the news. "Last night, 19 year old Hiroshi Tadashi was hit by a car on his way home from work. Authorities say the driver was drunk and ran a red light just as the unfortunate young man was crossing. While it seems the young man was still clinging to life when they got him to the hospital, his doctor has yet to release a statement about his current condition. Now over to you Joey."

"Hey Val, I'm over here on the campus of Wayland University where Hiroshi Tadashi was working. I was curious to learn a bit about Mr. Tadashi. So far, it seems he's a pretty well-known figure on this campus and many students and faculty are praying for his recovery. I have here with me Miss Niomi Fitz. Miss Fitz I understand you were pretty well acquainted with Hiroshi Tadashi. What kind of person is he?"

"Oh Hiro's great! He's always smiling and loves to share. He's introduced me to a lot of great songs and awesome snacks. He's really helpful too. Since he works in the library, he always knows just what books to recommend when I'm struggling with a project or getting ready for an exam. I really hope he's okay."

"Thank you Niomi. And now back to you Val-" Slender fingers pressed the power button for the tv in the hospital room as the tall blonde they belonged to turned to regard the unconscious red-head lying there hooked up to all the monitors.

"One thing's for sure, Wayland wouldn't be the same without you. You better wake up soon Hiro. it's just a broken arm and a few stitches. You've survived worse haven't you?"

"I don't think I've ever felt this bruised." a cracked voice responded, causing the blonde to jump in surprise.

"Hiro! Thank god. If you were awake you should have said something sooner! I've been worried sick. Dad said you might have a severe concussion but they couldn't really tell for sure unless you woke up.."

The red-head winced. "I have at least a minor one. What happened? Shouldn't you be in class Scott?"

"Not knowing whether or not my brother would wake up? How could I possibly concentrate? You were hit by a drunk driver who ran a red light. Everyone's practically holding their breath to find out if you're alright. I've just been waiting for some girl to come bursting in demanding to see you."

The blonde frowned at Hiro's confused look. "You're Soulmate? You found her right? The doctor noticed your soulmark when he was setting the bones in your arms."

Hiro smiled ruefully at the cast that was now hiding his soulmark from view.

"No, there won't be any soulmate bursting in to see me. He doesn't want anything to do with me."

"ahhh~ n..nnhhh~ ooohhh J-Jay~

Jay slammed into the girl harder - pinning her down and forcing her legs to spread more. The girl shrieked.

"AHH! Nnnaaa..hhhaaa~"

"God your tight.. "

He slowly pushed himself in side her. Moving in and out slowly. His mouth nipping and biting at her neck. The girl was clearly enjoying it but Jay was kind of bored. But sex was sex.. How could he say no, especially when she was so willing. Just when Jay was about to move faster he stopped in his trakes , his whole body suddenly went stiff and his mark began to hurt..

" ahh! What...!"

He removed himself from the girl and stared at the mark. What was going on?!

" oow shit! Ahhhhh!!!"

He barried his head into the bed groaning in pain.

"Jay? Jay what's wrong ? What can I do? "

"M-my mark is throbbing ! It feels like I broke my arm! Ahhh! ...gghhh!!"

"I'll call --"

"No!... No...don't ... Nnuuhh.. Aah! "

" But your in pain!"

The pain Jay felt only lasted for a few moments.. After 40 seconds it suddenly stopped and the odd throbbing sensation became bearable. Jay looked at his mark. He was confused. What just happened? What was that ?

"Jay? Are you ok?"

"Yeah.. The pain is gone now..."

The female stared at his mark and was a little surprised.

"Y-your mark..its in its second stage. You met your soul mate?"

"So what if I did. "

" Well.. Growing up I use to hear stories about a few people who found their soul mates. Their bond of love was so strong that they say the two lovers can feel and sense when their* hurt or on danger. Can you image..being so connected to another person ? ...Maybe--"

"That's stupid. "

Jay cut her off rather coldly.

"No its true.. Its rare though. M-maybe* something happened to her. Jay..don't you care? I know you say your a wonder but no one is willing to turn down true love --"

"Shut up! I don't wanna here it.. I don't have a soul mate! And I don't want one Yuki! Just stop talking about it. I don't have to listen to a girl who spreads her legs open for anyone because she's scared she'll never find her other half!"

Jay suddenly realized how harsh his words were. And how he just crossed the line. How could he say such a thing. He looked back at the girl ready to apologize but the words did not come out fast enough.

"I pity you Jay..Get out! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! You jerk !"

Her voice cracked. She was hurt.

"Out! Out!!"

Jay bit his lip and quickly got dressed before he was kicked out of Yuki's home. He hung his head in shame.

W-why did I say that? Agh!

He felt the throbbing pain return to his mark..fading in and out.

... Hiro... Is she right ... Did something happen to--- no..* wait.. Why should I care.* I- I don't care.. H-hes not my soulmat--

" I pity you."

Jay froze hearing and remembering Yuki's words.

Was he.. A horrible person ?

... I ... I pity myself too Yuki...

He thought go himself before heading home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{ Next Day }

Jay hadn't seen the news and still had no idea what happened to Hiro until he heard a few students on campus talking about him.

* ....No...Hiro...

He looked down at his mark..Were the two of them..truly ment to be?

Without thinking Jay made his way to the hospital to find and see Hiro.

Scott frowned. "He wants nothing to do with you? You're soulmate's a guy?"

Hiro nodded, shifting in an attempt to get more comfortable, only to wince and give up.

They do say careful what you wish for. he sighed ruefully.

By now, he'd stopped trying to keep up his mask. They were alone and Scott had always been the one person who could really see through his fake smiles anyway.

"Yeah. A pretty attractive one at that. And I don't mind. Gender doesn't really matter to me. Heck, even if he just wanted to be friends, I'd be happy... probably.... In any case, apparently me being a guy was a big deal for him. He wouldn't even shake my hand, and he barely looked at me. Flat out told me he'd rather stay away from me even...."

God, talking about it was making him depressed all over again. He turned his head away to look anywhere but Scott.

"I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, but right now...Don't people sometimes get amnesia from this kind of thing? I kind of wish I could have just forgotten I ever met him..."

He blinked in surprise and suddenly turned to look back at his adoptive brother, swearing he'd just heard the blonde's teeth grinding.

Sure enough, Scott looked pretty pissed off.

"That filthy son of a-"

"Uh- Scott?"

"What kind of douche-bag says something like that to their soulmate of all people?!"

"A homophobic one with a man for a soulmate!" Hiro snapped. "Would you calm down? It's upsetting, but it is what is, and he was politer than most homophobic men probably would have been in that situation! You getting yourself worked up over the matter certainly won't do anyone any good! Just drop it!"

The blonde growled in frustration. "Are you listening to yourself Hiro?! You're wishing amnesia on yourself because of this guy! You're always usually smiling but you're so depressed over this guy that for once you're not even trying hide it! For all I know you stepped in front of that car on purpose. And yet despite all of that, you're defending him!"

Right outside the door, the nurse glanced awkwardly at the man beside her, her fist frozen in a raised knocking position. They'd arrived just in time to hear Scott's outburst after Hiro had told him to drop it.

But then it occurred to her that Hiroshi Tadashi was awake and it really wasn't good for him to be so worked up right now. Suddenly concerned for her patient, she gave up on knocking and burst in, the other guy forgotten outside the room.

"Mr. Wayland! I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to step out! Hiroshi is in no condition to be getting as worked as you've gotten him."

Pushing Scott toward the door, she hovered over Hiro like a mother hen as she anxiously checked his vitals and tried to soothe him.

"How are you feeling dear?"

"Sore all over. They're not letting me out of this bed anytime soon are they?" Hiro's smile was reflexively plastered back in place but his vitals betrayed his agitation.

"Sorry hun. Your visit here is probably going to be a bit longer than last time."

Hiro blinked at her in surprised, and fidgeted in apparent discomfort. "You remember that?"

"Situations like that aren't easy to forget... Oh! Right, you have a visitor!" She turned to look at where she'd left him by the door, frowning a little as she remembered what she'd heard outside the door a few minutes ago.

"Maybe it's not quite..." she trailed off.

Jay had heard the entire conversation between Hiro and Scott. How could he not.

He only intended to vist the other but.. Now he was hesitant.* Unsure if he should reveal himself.

If what Scott said was true. Jay felt bad..* Did he make Hiro jump in front of that car? Was it because he...rejected him?

"Mr. Wayland! I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to step out! Hiroshi is in no condition to be getting as worked as you've gotten him."[/Quote]

Jay was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts as the nurse went to stop the two males from arguing. Jay bit his lip and stood by the door as the female pushed Scott away from Hiro. He slowly took a step inside the room. He felt very uncomfortable and kept his hands in his pockets. His head down.

"Situations like that aren't easy to forget... Oh! Right, you have a visitor!" [/Quote]

Jay sighed softly. His head slowly rising as he met the others gaze.

He wasn't really sure what to say.

".....h-hey..."

Hey? Really???

" ..how are you feeling..."

He wondered. He couldn't smile.. All he thought was that This could possibly be his fault.

".. Do you .. Hate me.."

He muttered. As he stepped closer to the broken and bruised boy.

".....h-hey..."

Hiro couldn't help but stare in surprise. His wide eye's and plastered smile making for a slightly comical expression. He seriously hadn't expected Jay to come. And from his expression he must have heard what Scott had said. Hiro inwardly cringed at the thought.

"Hi.." he finally responded awkwardly.

" ..how are you feeling..."

The red-head couldn't help but snort at the question. "Like I've bruised every bone in my body and then some."

And also extremely puzzled, because he really hadn't expected Jay to come. He was startled by the next question though.

".. Do you .. Hate me.."

"Of course not!" out of the corner of his eyes he saw the nurse ushering Scott out of the room. The blond was glaring daggers at Jay.

"My brother might at the moment, but I really didn't step in front of that car on purpose. And I certainly wasn't trying to spite you or anything if that's what you thought."

He definitely wasn't about to admit to having briefly entertained such suicidal thoughts though.

"I may have been pretty upset but I don't hate you..."

He looked away because he knew his mask was wavering. Keeping up a smile in this situation was hard.

"It's just kind of depressing for me. Gender has never really meant much to me. My greatest nightmare has always been not having my soulmate. Compared to that, you being a man..." He shrugged, and then regretted it, but continued anyway.

"It's not like I can do anything if the very thought of being around me disgusts you though. You clearly didn't ask for your soulmate to be a man."

Sighing, he smiled ruefully, unaware of the moisture pooling in the corners of his eyes as he turned to look at Jay again.

" There's no way I could hate my soulmate Jay. I can wish things had been different, but I could never hate you. Whatever you chose to believe or do, and even if this is the last time I see you. To me, you'll always be my soulmate."

A single tear slid it's way unnoticed down his cheek. "Your rejection hurts, but I'll get over it eventually."

His smile was soft , sad and resigned. A rare glimpse of his true emotions. It didn't last though, with a painful shuddering breath, the smile grew wider and the emotions disappeared, once again masked from the world.

"Honestly I didn't think you'd come, but thank you for checking in on me."

Jay listened.

He waited for the other to perhaps..hurt him. To spit out insults and yell. To let him know that the reason he's like this is because of him...and yet. Those words never came passed Hiro's lips. In fact, he smiled at him. The red head gave him kind words...forgiving words.

When Hiro explained that he didn't previously put himself in front of that car a huge weight was lifted off his shoulders.

But as the other continued... Jay's heart seemed to ache. He saw the boys smile and yet..he knew it couldn't be real. The tear that slipped down his cheek made him ....sad.

Hiro and Jay were connected. They could sometimes feel each others pain..emotions. There was no escaping their bond.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JAYYY!! Come play"

"Ok!"

A very young Jay ran across the play ground laughing with his fellow classmates. Everything seemed fine, but soon...things changed.

He noticed that his fellow classmates no longer were willing to play with him.

"Hey can I pl--"

" S-sorry Jay."

"My momma said to stay away from you. "

"No! My momma told me that your daddy is gay! That's wrong ! Your wrong !

Gay?

Jay remembered the day his parents broke up. There was a man there..holding his dads hand. There was yelling and shouting and his mom was crying. He wasn't sure what was going on at the time but over time he pieced it together. His mother no longer showed him attention. She would often tell him that he looked just like his father. And that he'd leave her too. She stopped.. Giving him love. The kids at school stop playing with him as word got out that his father left his wife for a male.

In such a short time everything changed. He hated that man for stealing his dad.. For changing his mom and making her suffer.. For making everyone at school not like him anymore.

I.. I hate him!! I hate dad!! I.. I HATE GAYS!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"..s-sorry.."

He knew Hiro was his soulmate. He knew he could love him..somehow ... But... Fear and hatred...continued to consume him. Blind him.

His hate for gays came from his father and his fear...from his male PE teacher...who molested him.

" I..I came because.. My arm started to hurt..and then I heard about you in here....my feet just moved..and I was here.."

His eyes fell.. It hurt... His heart and his mind were at war. What should he do?

".. I should go ... "

" I..I came because.. My arm started to hurt..and then I heard about you in here....my feet just moved..and I was here.."

"Sorry..." the red-head apologized in turn. "My arm was broken in the accident. I hope it doesn't inconvenience you too much."

".. I should go ... "

Hiro would have been lying if he said he wasn't disappointed that Jay was leaving already. Fortunately no one asked, and it wasn't like he hadn't expected it. It was miracle enough that Jay had come at all, but there was certainly no reason for him to stay. They were soulmates, but Jay clearly didn't want to care about him as one.

"Alright then. Take care. And watch out for drunk drivers. It would be ridiculous if we both ended up in the hospital." He joked, feigning lightheartedness. "Oh, and maybe watch out for my brother as you leave. He's a bit over-protective of me and I haven't had the chance to calm him down. If he says something to you, just ignore it."

Outside the room, Scott was talking to the nurse.

"Why does he have to have such shit luck with the guys that should really matter in his life? First his dad and now his soulmate... Hiro doesn't deserve it. When the doctor said he seemed to have found his soulmate, I thought maybe he could finally smile for real. And now this shit... He used to wake up with nightmares about dying alone without a soulmate. It's no wonder he's suicidal!"

The blonde buried his face in his hands. "What if he really does kill himself Hannah? Who knows what that piece of shit is saying to him in there? And Hiro being Hiro is just going to smile like everything is okay when he's really not!"

Jay closed the door behind him.

He had heard everything Scott had said and yet...couldn't face him. He began to head towards the elevator. Ready and eager to leave. To run away.

His arm began to hurt again the further he walked away from Hiro.

It would seem Hiro was a truly kind hearted person. One who smiled and suffered to please others but himself.

Jay felt...bad.

Why did he have to be Hiro's lover? He deserved someone else...someone normal...someone gay.

..w-what do I do...I'm so....

Jay was ripped from his thoughts as he heard the ding for the elevator. He hung his head and stepped on.

His heart was aching. His mind screaming. He was torn.

And was worried for Hiro. If the other was suicidal as his brother claimed. He knew he wouldn't be able to go on if he caused the other to kill himself. How could anyone ?

Once the door had closed behind Jay, Hiro's smile dropped and he sighed.

Now to figure out how to move on from this. He supposed he needed to talk to Scott first and convince him he wasn't suicidal.

The last thing he needed was stories spreading around that he jumped in from of a car because of his soulmate.

Once he'd had a chance to collect himself again, he pressed the nurse call button and asked Hannah to bring Scott back in.

They both seemed surprised to find that Jay was gone, neither of them having seen him leave.

"Let me make something clear to both of you. I'm a little depressed yes, but I'm not suicidal. I legitimately didn't see that car coming. And Jay isn't that bad. He's been nicer than can be expected given the situation so leave him alone. I wasn't expecting him to even think of coming to visit me but he did, and that counts for something in my book. He's really not a bad guy."

By the time he felt he'd satisfactorily gotten his point across, he was feeling exhausted. His arm was throbbing terribly, and had only been getting worse over the last 19 minutes, and it was starting to make him a bit crabby. he didn't really know how or when he fell asleep, but he did eventually.

He had a dream. He was older, probably almost thirty. Still living alone and working in the university library. He didn't know where Jay was or what he was doing. Probably hadn't seen or talked to him in a decade. And then he was just suddenly seized by the most excruciating pain he had ever felt, burning up from his soulmark and engulfing his whole body and knowing that somewhere, wherever he was, something was happening to his soulmate and there was nothing he could do about it. And the knowledge tore him up even more.

He woke up in the middle of the night, terrified, gasping and in pain, as nurses rushed into his hospital room. His monitors were beeping like crazy from his accelerated heart rate.

It took him a while to convince himself that everything was alright. Hiro was still only 19, and Jay was fine wherever he was.

He realized the excruciating pain he was feeling was actually in his other arm where he'd managed to get the IV tubing caught and ripped the needle out of his arm in his panicked thrashing.

The thrashing had also done a number on his already bruised and battered body, and he must have banged his cast on something because his broken arm was throbbing terribly. The worst of the pain was by far where the needle had been ripped from his arm though.

He didn't even realize he'd been screaming until he realized he'd stopped. He laid there sobbing and in pain until sleep eventually slowly overtook him again.

By the next morning everyone was relieved and ecstatic to know that Hiro had woken up the previous day and though he was battered and bruised and sporting a broken arm, would be okay.

There was no word of what had occurred that night, the nurses had been forbidden to speak about it, and the doctors were trying to figure out what had happened. Unfortunately Hiro was refusing to speak so they had nothing to really work with. He was embarrassed to admit it had just been a nightmare.

Jay signed. He laid on his bed staring at his mark. It still faintly throbbed from time to time. It was late and be couldn't sleep. He kept thinking about... Hiro and why he even has this mark .

Why do people have marks?

Jay remembered researching that very question back in middle school. Sciences truly had no idea. It was a strange phenomenon that suddenly happened. Some scientists theorize that marks were a evolution.

Religions take different spins on it. One saying that it was a blessing from God so his disciples could find love and happiness with another on earth. That he was tired of seeing broken hearts and sad followers. Another region claimed that every person born is born with a soul which is cut in half. And when the person comes into the world they are unknowing searching and yearning for there counter part.

This theory is the most popular and the term.. "Soul mate" was born.

Jay wasn't religios... Nor was be sure what to believe. He never actually thought he'd find his soulmate. Some people never do.

About 52% of people do not find their soul mates..when you think about how many people are in the world. That's quite a lot of people not finding.. True love. A lot of people would he happy..eager to be him. He had found his.. And at a remarkably young age.

"...it hurts.."

His arm throbed with every breath he took.

Jay always liked the idea of being a "wonder ." A person who didn't follow or care about his mark. To feel in control of his own feelings and love life and to date and fuck whoever he wanted. He never thought he'd actually find his...other half.

Jay didn't fall asleep for the longest time, but when he finally secumd to heavy eyes.. He only slept for about three hours.

He had other things to focus on. For example.. College. Which is started tomorrow. He tried to forget about Hiro for the time being and focused on his up coming classes and adjusting to his dorm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ 4 weeks later ]

Jay had settled into his college atmosphere rather well. He was already considered popular among his peers and the most eligible hotie on campus. Jay made sure to hide his mark, covering it with a sweat band. It tended to turn others away if they saw his awakened mark.

Even tho he did his best to stay away from Hiro, he always found himself drawn to the red head.

When Hiro was still in the hospital. Jay came to visit every night. Standing outside the building for a few minutes before leaving. Never actually going inside. He'd just look to Hiro 's window and hope.. He was felling better as the days dragged on.

However now.. He found himself doing the same thing.. But this time.. At the library.

Before lunch he'd head over to the library but never actually go inside. Whenever his new friends suggested to go , he always bailed or have one of them get the book's he needed. Never going inside.

He was avoiding Hiro...

He wasn't sure how to face him again. What to say or tell him or.. Talk about.

"Oh hey, I recognize you!" Rose exclaimed when she spotted Jay outside the library one day.

"Are you looking for Hiro? He's not back yet..." She looked ready to continue on inside, but glanced at Jay and hesitated.

"Hey look, you didn't hear this from me, but according to Dr. Wayland, Hiro's dad..." she paused to glance around, making sure no one else would hear her.

"Hiro's hospital stay got extended. He won't be out for another week. Dr. Wayland didn't say why, but he looked worried." She glanced around again and moved to head inside for real this time.

"Like I said, you didn't hear from me."

The door closed behind her, but then a moment later she popped her head back out.

"And try not to spread that around. I told you because it felt like I should, but really, not many people know. Everyone thinks he's recovering at home."

After that she was really gone and didn't come back.

Hiro just couldn't wait to be out of the hospital. He was bored as hell and sick of seeing the same things over and over again for over 30 days straight.

They'd taken to tying him down whenever he slept due to the violent nature of his thrashing about during his nightmares.

Considering the agony of ripping out his IV the first night, he didn't really mind being protected from that at first, but now that the IV drip was gone, it was a bit annoying.

He was especially annoyed that he was stuck in a hospital room for at least another week to give his arm more time to heal. However the reason for both was pretty sound. He was recently let out of the cast, and his arm was still tender and vulnerable. The last thing anyone needed was for him to bang it in his sleep and break it all over again.

"Hannah, can't I at least walk around for a while? My arm is still healing but the rest of me is fine."

The nurse paused where she was noting down his vitals. "Well I don't see why not. Let me finish my rounds and then I'll come help you up. I'm almost done."

Jay once again found himself standing outside the library. He was about to leave when he heard a female voice stop him dead in his tracks.

"Oh hey, I recognize you!" [/Quote]

Jay turned, slightly nervous and confused.

"Are you looking for Hiro? He's not back yet..."[/Quote]

She looked familiar and yet he couldn't really remember where he'd seen her before.

"Oh.. Is that so..?"

"Hey look, you didn't hear this from me, but according to Dr. Wayland, Hiro's dad.....Hiro's hospital stay got extended. He won't be out for another week. Dr. Wayland didn't say why, but he looked worried." [/Quote]

Jay was shocked, but he tried not to show much emotion in front of the girl. Why was the other still at the hospital ? Did it really take that long for his arm to heal ?

"Uh..is he alright ?"

"Like I said, you didn't hear from me." [/Quote]

He bit his lip. Had something happened to Hiro ?

"And try not to spread that around. I told you because it felt like I should, but really, not many people know. Everyone thinks he's recovering at home."[/Quote]

Why hide the truth ? Why lie? Unless something wasn't right. Was Hiro.. Ok?

"..yes..thank you.."

He watched as the girl left him to ponder his thoughts.

Jay had been avoiding Hiro. Distracting himself with college and girls.. He didn't want to face his soul mate.. His problem.

No matter how hard he tried..he found himself being drawn to Hiro...

Now that Jay knew the truth.. He couldn't help but worry about the other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay found himself walking to the hospital, he had skipped his next class to see Hiro. But just as he was about to enter the building... He stopped. His feet suddenly feeling heavy.

W-what do I say?... I.. I don't know what to tell him..how can I even.. Face him again ?

Never before had Jay felt so many emotions all at once.

Fear , Hatred, Saddness , Regret, Pain, And Shame.

W- why can't I move...I.. I can't.. I can't face him again..

Every time he thought about Hiro his mind and heart went to war.

"You again?" Scott addressed Jay from behind.

"Why do you keep showing up? You know he spotted you a few times a couple weeks ago? He was concerned about you, because he's convinced there's no way you'd come to this hospital again for him. And despite everything he was just hoping you were well. But that's not it is it?"

The blonde stepped closer.

"You can't stay away, but you can't bring yourself to see him either. Well guess what, you better make up your damn mind! Either go see him and at the least be the friend he needs, or stay the hell away and don't even think about him. Because I'm tired of seeing him light up whenever he catches a glimpse of you here, only get depressed all over again when he sees you leave."

He shoved passed the younger man, calling over his shoulder as he headed inside.

"Make up your mind carefully. If you leave again today without coming in and starting at least a friendship with him, then we better never see you again. Especially Hiro."

Being out of bed and walking about outside, even if it was just the hospital courtyard, felt great. It made Hiro feel normal again for a bit, and he suddenly couldn't wait to get back to work and try resuming his old life. Really he just wanted out of that hospital. It really didn't help his depression.

"Well look at you! You look better than I've seen you in weeks!"

Hiro turned and smiled at his adoptive brother. "I feel better than I've felt in weeks." he admitted.

"Can't you get them to discharge me already? I really think it will help me to be out of here. I'll be careful of my arm, and who knows, maybe my nightmares will stop when I'm back in my own bed."

Scott gave him a contemplative look. "No promises, but I'll talk to dad. Maybe you can at least come back to the house for a while."

Hiro made a face and Scott sighed.

"Yeah, I know it's not the same as going back to your own apartment, but it's better than this hospital right? Dad and I will both feel better if you're somewhere someone can help you quicker if something happens. That's why he extended your hospital stay. If something happened in your apartment, it could be a whole day before anyone even knew you were hurt."

"Yeah, it's better than this hospital." Hiro agreed. "But it will be stressful having everybody there constantly worrying about me. If it isn't about my arm, it'll be about my psychological welfare, or the situation with my soulmate."

Scott frowned, recalling the conversation he'd just had outside the hospital. He glanced around. Really hoping the guy would at least try the friend route. Because really, that would make Hiro plenty happy at this point.

"You again?" [/Quote]

Jay tensed. He knew that voice. He slowly turned and found Hiro's brother..he didn't look so thrilled to see him.

"Why do you keep showing up? You know he spotted you a few times a couple weeks ago? He was concerned about you, because he's convinced there's no way you'd come to this hospital again for him. And despite everything he was just hoping you were well. But that's not it is it?"[/Quote]

"... Your his brother..."

Jay lightly bit his lip, keeping the others gaze.

The blonde stepped closer, shoving past him only after leaving his final comment.

"You can't stay away, but you can't bring yourself to see him either. Well guess what, you better make up your damn mind! Either go see him and at the least be the friend he needs, or stay the hell away and don't even think about him. Because I'm tired of seeing him light up whenever he catches a glimpse of you here, only get depressed all over again when he sees you leave.....Make up your mind carefully. If you leave again today without coming in and starting at least a friendship with him, then we better never see you again. Especially Hiro." [/Quote]

Scott left him outside to take in his words.

Jay honestly wasn't sure what to do. Did he truly have such an affect on the other. All this time he knew what Hiro was going through. Knew he was suffering and that he was hurting the other male.

..what am I doing..

He sighed heavily before taking a step into the hospital building.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"..Alright..thank you. "

Jay thanked the nurse that lead him to the hospital courtyard. Once their , he quickly spotted his soul mate.

Hiro...

Deep inside he was glad to see the other walking around. Perhaps he was better.

Scott finally spotted Jay being lead out by the nurse and smiled at his brother's soulmate for the first time.

"Actually I have a feeling it's going to be a rather short and relatively stress free stay. You'll probably be back in your own apartment before you know it."

At the red-head's obvious confusion, he took him by the shoulder and gently turned him to face Jay.

Surprised, Hiro waved politely before turning back to Scott.

He was feeling rather bewildered actually. Scott of all people was actually smiling at Jay and genuinely seemed to think he was here for Hiro. It seemed really wrong. The blond was usually the last one to risk getting his hopes up in a hopeless situation.

"What are you talking about? You know where he stands as far as I'm concerned. There's no way he's here for me. He's probably as surprised to see me as I am. I'm not even supposed to still be here!"

Scott shrugged and started walking away. Speaking loud enough for both of them to hear. "You two have a nice conversation. I'll go talk to dad about getting you out of here early."

Hiro looked on helplessly as he watched his brother's retreating back.

As he passed Jay, the blond rested a hand briefly on his shoulder, leaning in for just him to hear.

"I guess Hiro was right. Despite everything, you're really not a bad guy are you?"

Still smiling he continued on his way. The rest was for those two to work out on their own.

Sighing helplessly, Hiro could only hope Scott was right as he turned his attention to the soulmate that had repeatedly rejected him.

"Hi Jay. What brings you here? Are you well?"

His smiled was hesitant and strained. Not sure what to expect from this meeting.

"You two have a nice conversation. I'll go talk to dad about getting you out of here early."[/Quote]

Jay glanced at Scott as he said that and began to leave. And Jay was kind of glad the other was leaving. He needed to be alone with Hiro.

When Scott passed him the blond put his hand briefly on his shoulder, telling him -

"I guess Hiro was right. Despite everything, you're really not a bad guy are you?"[/Quote]

His comment and gesture surprised him. He had assumed that Scott hated him. Jay gave a small nod towards the other before looking back at Hiro. He hadn't really thought about what he was going to say..or how to start a conversation or... Even his intent. Why was he here?

..To apologise...

He thought to himself as the closed the distance between him and Hiro.

....to.....befriend...

"..hey."

"Hi Jay. What brings you here? Are you well?"[/Quote]

Jay slipped his hands in his pockets , his eyes falling.

There he goes again..being kind to me..

He shrugged and gave Hiro a slightly awkward smile.

"Uh- I'm fine. College is good. Fun..But I should be asking you that..your the one in the hospital...Are you well?"

He gestured towards the bench near them.

" Mind if we sit?"