A Reapers Soul { WolfDog12 & Sosuke0549 }

Sosuke0549

Shiru smiled at Cole for a moment before turning away and falling into his own thoughts as Cole ate.

Ray is to blame for all this...if he hadn't entervined then Cole wouldn't have dumped me so suddenly and with out warning...I'll confront him...

Shiru glanced back at Cole hearing his silverware clatter against the empty plate.

"All done ? "

He stood taking the tray.

"I'll take care of these, you need to rest more. I'll be right back here when I'm done... Okay? "

He then exited the room and head back down stairs speaking briefly to Ty letting him know that Cole was okay.

( 1 week later )

Shiru had pretty much stayed at Cole's bed sit every day. The only time he left was when his necklace began to flicker, singling that someone was going to die and that a soul needed to be reaped. When Shiru wasn't with Cole, it was Ty who would check in on him and sometimes chat with him from time-to-time. You could almost call the two friends now...

Shiru was currently gone, and Ty was the one sitting beside Cole's bed in a chair.

"You look so much better now that you've eaten and regained your strength. Your not nearly as pail when I first took you in and it looks like you've gain a little weight too. How are you feeling?"

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• WolfDog12

"A-Alright," Cole agreed smiling after his deceased boyfriend. This was an absolute dream for him and he could only sit there staring at the door for a couple minutes before laying back down to rest. He did stop to look around the room... This wasn't his house so where the heck was he? Was this Ty's place? If so, he'd have to thank him and maybe text his family... That was probably the first thing he should do.

Of course when Cole sat up to grab his phone, he realized he didn't have it... He hadn't even taken it the night he ran away from home which was probably at least the day before... Crap.. His parents must have been worried because they knew he'd locked himself in his room without eating anything and when he heard them coming to check on him, he sneaked out the window. He had been gone for nearly two days now....

The Blonde got out of the bed and made his way to the door before heading down stairs running into Shiru if he was taking the stairs or he'd go back to an empty bed if he returned through the floor boards. "I just have to call my parents and let them know it will be a while before I go home," he admitted sheepishly to the others and borrowed Ty's phone to call them and he spent quite a bit of time apologizing and explaining that he was with a friend who was determined to help him feel better. His parents did ask to talk to Ty and thanked him for helping Cole and if he was too much trouble to call them and they'd be there... That was so unlike them... His parents weren't usually there for him but that was something he could deal with later.

As soon as they finished, Cole thanked Ty for the help and struggled his way back up the stairs where he laid back in the bed and slept for quite a while. He was slowly regaining his strength, getting over how weak his body was, eating and sleeping until he'd actually gained some weight. There were even days that he'd go down stairs himself and hang with Ty and Shiru but for the most part, he stayed in bed to recover only leaving for a few hours of change of scenery.

A week went by and Cole was so happy to spend the amount of time with Shiru that he had and nothing seemed to happen, even after Shiru left to take care of a soul that needed reaping. Of course, it was Ty that stepped up and continued to check on him when Shiru wasn't there... Maybe these two were the reason the scary reaper hadn't shown yet. Cole and Ty became a lot closer to the point of considering each other friends. It was nice to know that Cole wasn't the only one who was gay!! It also happened to be a huge help that they had this week off of school other wise Cole would have missed even more and would be in big trouble as far as exams go... He was already in trouble for the amount he'd missed.

"I feel so much better, thank you Ty. I really appreciate everything you've done for me and I don't remember the last time I felt this healthy.. You can't even see my ribs anymore," He said with a smile. He didn't lift his shirt but Ty probably didn't need to see to believe him now. "If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have even gotten out of that river let alone my depression," he admitted. Even emotionally Cole was doing better than he had in... well ever.

Ty smiled a little.

"Don't mention it."

He glanced at the window hearing a car pull up.

"Who could that be?"

He stood and peeking his head out the window, seeing Akira step out of his car, approaching his door.

"Shit! Its Akira! Stay up here. Okay? He can't know your here. "

Ty suddenly looked panicked as he rushed out the room, shutting the door behind him.

Akira began to knock.

"Coming!"

He ran down stairs and quickly opened the door for his friend.

"Akira...what are you doing here?"

Akria stepped into Ty's house, pushing the other aside.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?

He asked, somewhat snooping around.

"I was busy with homework And...grieving. Now that..."

He cut himself off.

"Are you looking for something ? Why are you here?

"Why not? Do you not want me to be here Ty? You trying to hide something ?"

He glared at Ty, crossing his arms.

"What? No! What are you talking about. "

"I heard a rumor that you were with that faggot a few days ago. Someone said you let him into your house...even slept with him. "

"What!! N-no! The hell?! I'm not gay! Gross! Who told you such a bull shit lie. "

"Who indeed. "

He frowned, turning away.

"Mind if I look around? "

Ty froze. If he refused then he'd look even more suspicious and if said yes, Akira would go up stairs to find Cole. What would his friend think of him if he told the truth?

"W-wait...uh...there's...something I need to tell you.."

Cole jumped when he heard Akira's name. He was one of the top people that hated him, and without Shiru around, it had gotten a lot worse and he didn't hold back. What was he going to do?! Ty rushed out of the room shutting the door and Cole jumped out of the bed and rushed over to the door to listen.

He could barely hear anything but he was able to understand Akira wanted to at least look around to make sure. Shit.... Cole looked around before rushing to the closet. He silently slipped inside and managed to hide himself against the back wall hidden beyond the clothes. To make sure that even his feet couldn't be seen, he stuck them in a pair of tall standing boots clearly new and not broken in. That was alright though because Ty's feet were a bit bigger so it didn't affect Cole.

The blonde made himself so hidden that someone would have to either completely move the clothes out of the closet or press their hands back at just the right spot to touch him. It was almost ironic in a way to be hiding in the closet but Cole couldn't even laugh about it or find any form of humor as his heart raced at the thought of being caught. This was all he could do...

Cole tried to make his breathing as shallow as possible so as to not be heard and he remained completely still. He couldn't guess if Ty would tell Akira that he was here or about Shiru or anything so it may be best to hide until things settle. Still, his heart raced horribly in his chest and every second that ticked felt like an eternity.

"A-Akira wait!!"

The dark haired male entered Cole's guest room and Ty rushed in after him, struggling to stop him. Ty froze when his eyes fell to the bed, Cole was gone.

"Why would you help that faggot ? He's the reason Shiru is dead. I knew he was fucking trouble- and now I hear your hanging with him? That your fucking pals?"

He glared at Ty before rolling his eyes and checking under the bed.

"A-all I did was help him a little! He's not here anymore! I couldn't just--"

"Couldn't what?! Let the guy suffer. Our best friend is dead because of him!"

Ty bit his lip unsure of what to say. Akira stood and suddenly shoved Ty against the wall.

"Or maybe you were friends with that faggot all along. Like Shiru. Maybe you did sleep with him. "

"L-let go! Akira!"

He struggled - pulling at the boys arm, tears building up in his eyes.

"You traitor. Just admit it! I know that faggot was at your house for days. If he's not here I just missed him and that would explain why you've been avoiding me! To Fuck around and become best friends with Cole!!"

"STOP IT!!"

Ty pushed Akira away, and his body collided with the closet door. Akira stumbled but didn't fall, glaring at Ty.

"Fuck you Akira. Your wrong! Your so wrong! Who cares if I help Cole or befriend him! W-who cares! Shiru wanted us to be friends with him! I didn't sleep with him okay!! But god forbid I do what I want to do with my life. God forbid I have more than one friend. A gay friend! I don't know when you got so twisted. Or what made you hate gays but its not normal!! "

Ty started to cry.

"And in the end I just didn't want you hating me!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"I never wanted to tell you the truth because I knew you'd hate me and you'd treat me like Cole! I never wanted to feel this way...I never asked to be different!! But...Akira. I've liked you ever since freshman year! I'm gay ok! I like guys! I'm a faggot too! Okay!!! I...."

He sobbed, hiding his face.

"I lied so I could have friends...I lied so I could get close to you..but as I got to know you I really ended up liking you, but I knew I could never be who I really am, because you'd hate me. Shiru was the only one who knew the truth and he accepted me...but...now I...."

He cut himself off.

Akira was stunned. He stood where he was dumbfounded.

"T-this is...a joke...right?... Your...joking with me. "

Akira shook his head before quickly snapping out of it and quickly leaving. Ty tried to followed after his friend but Akira slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me with your disgusting hands! You fucking lying piece of shit!"

Ty was hurt by Akira's words. Unable to say anything back, let alone continue to chase after him. He fell to his knees watching Akira storm out of his house, and slamming the door behind him.

"A-Akira....W-wait...please...don't go..."

He whispered under his breath, tears streaming down his face.

Cole remained frozen in place, terrified of what was going on just outside the door of the closet. He could now hear the two clearly and his heart began to twist in pain as he listened to Akira. If it wasn't for Ty, Cole would definitely be dead by now but even that fact probably wouldn't change Akira's mind about Cole being here... It would probably make him even more upset because it was the blonde's fault for Shiru's death.

The two inside the bedroom began to push each other around until Cole jumped as one collided with the door before him. Oh god did he want to run out there and stop it all. He would rather Akira take his anger out on him than on Ty... Those two were friends first but more than that, Ty was his friend, and one of the first ones so he wanted to protect him but knew coming out of hiding now would make things so much worse.

Cole bit his lip and continued to focus on shallow breathing and not being found while listening to Ty's heart come pouring out of him. Damn it hurt to hear... Then, Ty confessed. He came right out and admitted to Akira that he liked him... That was the most heart wrenching thing because Cole knew that Akira would never accept his friend... if you could even consider them friends anymore...

Cole waited a good minute and a half after he heart the car screech off before he slipped out of hiding and walked over to Ty. "Hey," he said softly walking over to the other. Cole crouched down next to Ty and rubbed his back gently. Wow was he useless... Still, he understood this pain better than anyone. He had simply gotten lucky. "I never knew it was Akira you were into... I'm so sorry," He said just trying to comfort his friend.

When Cole tried to comfort Ty. He quickly shrugged him away, covering and hiding his face in shame.

"S-sorry. I just...w-wanna be alone. "

He sniffles, as he slowly stood up and walked out of the room, still sobbing. He locked himself in his room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

{ 10 minutes later }

Shiru returned. Teleporting into the house right in front of Cole , from a smokey black portal, no doubt surprising him. He smiled at him laughing.

" Sorry. Did I scare ya?"

He grinned as he stepped toward the blond and pulled him closer, landing a kiss on his cheek.

"I missed you."

He whispered, nibbling on the boys ears. He only stopped when he realized that Ty wasn't in the room with him.

"Odd.. Where's Ty?"

Cole backed off as the other shrugged him away and stood up to take a step away. Ty hurried off and locked himself in his room... It was strange to be alone in the room. It seemed either Ty or Shiru was there twenty-four/seven. For now, the blonde just stood there looking down at the ground for ten or so minutes.

He quickly snapped out of it of course when a dark portal opened before him, startling him as Shiru came out. He still wasn't completely use to how sudden Shiru could appear. Of course, the reaper seemed to just laugh it off and step in, pulling the smaller human closer and planting a kiss on his cheek. Of course Cole managed a half smile as his heart filled with a little bit of warmth.

As his ear was nibbled, Cole shuttered slightly but seemed to enjoy it as the other backed off a little to mention the clear lack of another person in the room. Was it really ok for Cole to say what happened?

"He's.... He's in his room," He started, looking down slightly. "Akira came by not that long ago... Seems he knew I was here and took his anger out on Ty... Who.... confessed...." Cole said, getting quieter with each word until the last word was almost impossible to hear if not for Shiru being so close.

Shiru listened, his happy expression changing into a serious one.

"..I see..."

Shiru always knew that Ty like Akira but...he honestly never thought the boy would confess.

"I'll go talk to him. Why don't you head back home. You have school tomorrow. "

He gave the other a small smile and kissed his forehead.

"I'll come over when Ty calms down. "

He released his love and made his way to Ty's room.

"Ty. Its me...Will you unlock the door?"

Silence.

"Ty....please. "

Silence.

Shiru sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"Your not getting rid of me. I'm coming in. "

He mutteted before suddenly walking through the door and disappearing. There was truly no room or door Shiru couldn't get into. He was dead after all.

To be reminded that he didn't belong here, that was hard for him but it was true that he should go home. It was his first day back at school tomorrow since his disappearance when he broke up with Shiru and just decided to stop going. Man did he miss a lot... Making it all up was going to be difficult for sure.

"Alright, I'll try and calm my parents fast enough and meet you in my room," he said softly as his forehead was kissed. He smiled gently, a sad smile at that but when he was released, he followed his love to the door and watched him try to get Ty's attention.

It wasn't until after Shiru disappeared beyond the door that Cole took the time to collect anything that he had here and hurried off. Cole tried to make sure his hair was covered with a hoodie and slipped out the front trying to not let anyone see who it was. The last thing he wanted was to cause Ty any more problems to go on top of everything else he had done.

Cole hurried off and texted his parents that he was on his way home finally. His parents seemed relieved and excited to hear of his return. The blonde did finally manage to get home after a while and his Mother quickly embraced him before his father pat him on the back. It was amazing that the two had remained home the entire time that he had been gone and Cole told them of... well generally what happened. He mentioned the bullying and his lose of will to go and even live but that Ty showed up and saved him and how he had so much more confidence now to take on everything.

It took several hours, and a nice family dinner before his parents fell asleep on the couch and Cole was able to slip up stairs to his room. He hoped he didn't end up keeping Shiru waiting!!

It didn't take Shiru too long to comfort Ty. However he honestly wasn't sure how long it would take the blond to recover from his rejection and truth getting out about him. Now Ty and Cole would be in the same boat the moment they returned to school.

Shiru laid on Cole's bed. He had been waiting for hours until he fell asleep. He still was dressed in all black and his hair was casted over his handsome face. He was out cold, his breathing shallow. One could say he was like sleeping beauty.

When Cole finally got up stairs, he found Shiru asleep on his bed. Had he really been waiting that long?! Damn he felt bad about that. The blonde walked over and couldn't help but smile when he saw the other. Cole knelt down next to the bed and gently brushed the hair from Shiru's face and smiled looking at him. It was amazing to have his love here, and to know that it wasn't by mistake.

As he sat there, leaning his head against the bed and watching Shiru, it wasn't too long before Cole also dozed off. He wasn't willing to wake the other if he was that tired and simply enjoyed watching him sleep until he himself drifted off. Cole didn't wake until morning when he heard a knock on his door and his mom gave a quick reminder about school. Sitting up, Cole looked around and felt really nervous to return but now he had more of a reason to do so. He had to be there for Ty. Of course, it would be best if Akira kept quiet about Ty's secret... who knows, maybe he didn't want to tell people he got confessed to by a gay guy.

{ Next Day }

When Cole woke up Shiru was no where to be found. He had woken up in the middle of the night due to his necklace flickering to life. He smiled when he saw Cole beside him. He wished he was still alive so he could spend every moment he had with him but sadly...that was impossible. He sighed, and gently moved the boy, so he'd be asleep on the bed, and quickly kissed his forehead before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

When Shiru finally returned, he came through the ceiling , giving his boyfriend a small smile. Cole was already awake and dressed for school.

"Sorry. Did I scare you again ?"

He laughed a little, approaching him.

"How are you feeling ?"

He asked, touching the others cheek.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll try to stay by your side as much as I can. "

When he found himself alone in the room, Cole did feel a bit sad and lonely but he still got up and knew he had to do his best to get through the day. Just after finishing getting dressed, Cole had begun to pack his bag when Shiru suddenly appeared through the ceiling. Amazingly, that wasn't as startling as him randomly appearing in front of the blonde so he was able to relax some and look back with a smile.

"Not really... Not this time anyway," he said walking a bit closer to Shiru as well. "I'm a bit scared to be perfectly honest," He admitted. Finally, Cole was starting to open up around Shiru. He was getting better at talking to the other and not turning away red faced and jumpy. He could now hold a normal conversation with the other and not freak out over every minor thing.

The smaller human leaned his head into the hand just a touch. "Thank you Shiru... I really appreciate it, and I bet Ty will as well," He said with a bit of confidence. Cole wasn't hiding the way he use to and was able to smile at the other properly though there was still pain behind his mask. "Honestly, if it weren't for you and Ty... I don't know if I'd ever gain the confidence to return to school," he admitted, scratching the back of his head nervously.

• 3 weeks later...

Shiru smiled softly at his boyfriend. He couldn't help but take notice that the other was slowly coming out of his shell.

"I know this won't be easy but, I'm gonna try to be by your side every step of the way. Even if you can't see me, just know I'll be there. Okay?"

He pulled the boy close and kissed his forehead.

Shiru knew that Ty and Cole would need him more than ever. He just hoped that the two would be able to over come all the bullying at their school now that they both knew the truth about each other. Not to mention Shiru was so happy that Cole now had a living friend to go to and someone he could trust because Shiru knew he wouldn't be able to be their for Cole 24/7 but Ty could.

Shiru glanced out the window seeing Ty's car pull into Cole's drive way.

"Ty's outside. You better get going. I'll meet you guys their. "

He smiled softly at the other, wanting to kiss Cole on the lips but found himself hesitating. After a moment he decided to kiss Cole on the cheek, stepping away.

"love you.."

He muttered, before disappearing in a cloud of black smoke.

Cole took a deep breath knowing that Shiru would keep his word and be there for them every step of the way... At least, every step that he could. There was a chance that he'd have to go to work reaping another soul and Cole had to accept that. Still, as long as Cole wasn't alone during those times, he would probably be able to handle the bullies and hopefully that other reaper wouldn't randomly show. That still weighed on his mind every now and then.

As he heard the car pull up to the drive way, Cole glanced back and nodded towards Shiru. He was kissed on the cheek but did notice how Shiru hesitated clearly not planning a kiss on the cheek to begin with. Cole still blushed slightly as he was told 'love you' by his boyfriend and smiled sadly before saying, "I love you too," back and off he went.

Cole grabbed his bag and ran down the stairs and out the door, hopping in next to Ty. "Shiru say's he'll meet us there... He's going to be there the whole time," Cole explained. He could feel the tension in the air... Both of them were nervous and rightfully so. There was a chance Akira didn't tell anyone about Ty because of fact he didn't like the idea of being liked by men but then again, he also may not have thought of that and would tell everyone anyway... Best case scenario he didn't tell anyone but they had to be prepared for the worst.

The blonde didn't really want to say much on the drive in and wondered if they should have been going separately but at the same time, they needed to stick together... Everything was piled up and depended on how people reacted to them.

"..hey"

Was all Ty said when Cole got into his car. When the other spoke , he only nodded, staying pretty quiet. He looked tired, as if he hadn't gotten any sleep. Perhaps he was up all night crying.

The drive to school was painfully awkward and silence filled the car.

Ty pulled into the drive way and parked, turning off the car.

"Lets get this over with. "

He muttered, steping out. Immimadatly the two males drew people attention.

"Why is that fag with Ty?"

Don't tell me there friends now...ugh!

First that freak digs his claws into Shiru and now Ty! That fat as some guts.

Ty heard people whispering as him and Cole walked into the building and to class. He was utterly confused as people greeted him like every other day, talking and smiling at him, but shunning Cole.

"C-Cole...I..I don't think...they know"

He muttered to his friend, looking a little bit more happy as the weight of his high school career lifted from his shoulders. When the two reached class, Ty almost froze in the doorway seeing Akira already at his desk. He couldn't help but stare at the other.

He glanced at Cole, before sighing softly and taking his seat next to Akira. The boy didn't even knowledge him.

"Hey!"

Ty jumped hearing Akira 's voice as he left his seat to talk to someone who sits in front of the class.

"Switch seats with me. "

Ty blankly stared into his textbook feeling the sting of Akira 's rejection and after a brief conversation, Akira was now four seats away from him and when the other student asked him why he suddenly wanted to move, he said, "I don't want to sit next to trash."

In less then a few hours the whole school knew that Ty and Akira ( the two most popular boys in school and best friends since freshman year) were no longer pals and it was no surprise that many people were curious to know why. What could have broken these two up? A girl? Shiru's death? A lie?

"Akira, is it true that you and Ty are no longer friends?"

"He's dead to me. "

"That's pretty harsh. He must of done something wrong...what was it?"

"None of your business. "

Was Akira really not going to tell everyone his secret ? The day went by so fast that when it came to an end people couldn't help but wonder what was going on between the two not to mention that Ty was staying pretty close to Cole, so today he was barely bullied so long as he was close.

• 3 months later...

Cole was just as uneasy and generally scared to walk into that building. However, thanks to Ty being there, Cole felt he could handle at least the walk in... Which he did. Though... that was as far as they got before people started talking... That was when he started to feel two feet tall again and just managed an apology under his breath to Ty before falling behind and following behind him with his head down like a lost puppy. Cole was just too embarrassed and scared to walk even with Ty.

As Ty pointed out that the others of the school didn't seem to know, Cole responded quickly. "Then lets keep it that way. Let's not have everyone start any rumors," he whispered quietly before slipping into his class and quietly hiding in the back of the class but he did look over and see what happened between Ty and Akira.... That confession really did tear them apart and Cole wasn't any help. Him just being around seemed to cause a lot of problems and he hated seeing these two best friends torn apart because Cole had been stupid...

Cole wanted to keep his distance from Ty but he also needed the help. If Cole even took a step away, the cruelty of his peers was too much for him to take so he had no choice but to follow Ty... That didn't easy the tension building up as he looking like nothing but a parasite but this was the only way to survive.

Eventually the day ended and once they were outside, Cole stopped near the car but didn't get in. "I think I'll walk home today....." he spoke quietly and it sounded like a struggle to get the words out. "I need the fresh air to try and think some things through.... Sorry about what happened with Akira...." he added before offering a simple goodbye and turning to walk home. He just couldn't seem to accept any more from Ty.

Cole couldn't bring himself to look back either as he headed off staring at his feet and slowly making his way back towards his house. Sure it was a distance but he didn't seem to care. "Shiru? Are you there?" He asked quietly without even looking up. "I'm sorry if that seemed a bit cowardice but I can't bring myself to see those guys glaring or the thought of them starting rumors.... What if they end up finding out? I couldn't do it... I'm so sorry but I really will need to cut myself off from Ty as much as I can.... I'd rather take the full brunt of everyone's wrath and I can't be dragging Ty into it anymore... Just as I hated dragging you into it..." Cole spoke though he wasn't actually sure if Shiru was even there. He may not have been but it was a little easier to get things off his chest.

• 1 month later...

Ty stayed close to Cole dispite the gossip spreading around school. Most people were confused as to why Cole came out of Ty's car. Not to mention that Akira had suddenly cut him off...was it because of Cole? When school ended Ty waited for Cole, looking rather gloomy. When the blonde came out Ty could barely smile at him.

"Lets go." He muttered. Wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

"I think I'll walk home today....." [/Quote] The swimmer stopped in his tracks looking back at the other. "..Cole..."

"I need the fresh air to try and think some things through.... Sorry about what happened with Akira...." [/Quote]

"I get it..."

Ty bit his lip hitting the roof of his car in frustration before getting in and starting it up. He slammed his door and quickly drove off letting Cole walk home. Once again he was being a coward! Was he going to pretend that he wasn't Cole's friend in order to keep his reputation ? What would Shiru think of him...Ty left like he was the one who should be getting bullied but he was too afraid to come out...to terrified of the rejection!

"Shiru? Are you there? "[/Quote]

"I am..." He said softly, appearing next to his lover walking with him. Only Cole would be able to see him. He listened to what Cole had for say and sighed softly feeling sorry for the two. "Your so..kind...." He said softly, he gently took the others hand, intertwining there fingers. " I understand where your coming from...you don't want to cause trouble for Ty or inconvenience him...you don't want him to get builled either but...I believe Ty wants to be your friend...the two of you are facing your own battles but...I think you need each other. He can probably understand you far better than I can...I think you guys should talk to each other...figure out what you should do together..."

He shrugged staying close to the other. " I'm sorry you had a rough day...how about we go and do something. We can't really go to my house...I found out today that my parents are selling the house and my things...I guess my death has really affected them..." He said sadly, his eyes downcasted. "But..don't worry...I'm ok...I'm with you so..its hard to be sad...besides I wanna cheer you up...I like it when your happy."

• 2 weeks later...

Cole kept his eyes down where he was stepping as Shiru took his hand and they continued to talk. It was really comforting but at the same time, Cole already knew what he really wanted to do and that was to only keep a secret friendship and continue to let Ty live his life and hopefully get things pulled back together with Akira or at least get to something somewhat normal again. That would be best for both of them. The last thing Cole wanted was to pull someone else down this rabbit hole... It's how he ended up losing Shiru.

As soon as the other mentioned going somewhere to do thing, Cole almost denied really not feeling up to it but actually stopped walking, pulling Shiru to a stop as well with their hands. "What?! Th-They are? I'm so sorry Shiru!!! Are you sure you don't want to go there and get something left behind?!" Cole clearly wanted to help and once again shoved his own issues aside and had all his focus on the issue at hand.

"Come on, anything you still want, I can bring it home with me," he said and began to pull Shiru towards his old house. They were quite a ways away and it was going to be a long time before they got there on foot but damn did Cole seem determined. Once he had something on his mind, he really could have serious tunnel vision.

Shiru was surprised when the blond suddenly freaked out, stopping in the middle of the side walk.

"What?! Th-They are? I'm so sorry Shiru!!! Are you sure you don't want to go there and get something left behind?!" [/Quote]

Shiru sighed softly, his eyes falling. He shook his head a little. "No..no...."

"Come on, anything you still want, I can bring it home with me,"[/Quote] Cole said, already trying to pull him along. He hadn't seen his lover so worked since he confused and apologized for leaving him. "Cole...w-wait...hey...Cole!" He raised his voice, breaking away, stopping dead in his tracks. "I appreciate it...but...there's nothing." He said sadly. What did a dead person really need? He had no use for clothes, games, technology or photos. "I knew this was coming...I knew people would move on and forget me..." He sighed softly, taking a step toward Cole, his hand resting against the boys cheek. "The only thing I need right now..is you. I'm ok....I promise...as long as you never forget me...I have everything I need. " He kissed Cole's forehead, as he interlocked there fingers together once more. "Lets get you something to eat..."

• 2 months later...

When Shiru suddenly pulled himself from the blonde and stopped dead in his tracks, Cole paused and looked back at the other, shocked. How could he not care about so much as holding onto a picture? After all, he was still, in some way, part of this world... He shouldn't just give up on people forgetting him... especially not his parents. "Sh-Shiru..." Cole's eyes filled with tears as his stutter began to return. He hated this and was feeling all the pain and sadness for both of them it seemed.

"Y-Your parents w-won't forget you!! They... they just... This is their pain and anger.... talking..." The tears began to fall and Cole bit his lip to keep from sobbing. They were still out on the sidewalk and while people couldn't see Shiru, they could certainly see the boy randomly bursting into tears by himself.

"Of-Of c-course I'd never forget you," He sobbed quietly. Cole held tightly to Shiru's hand and leaned into him a little before sniffling and nodded. He hated not being able to do anything but here he was... just as useless as he'd always been.

Shiru sighed softly, touched by Cole's tears and how he tried to comfort him. He was sweet, and far too caring. He held on to the blond as he weeped for him. Once Cole calmed down a little, he quickly kissed his lips before leading the way, and walking once more. He decided to take Cole to a small soups and porridge restaurant, since it was close by and it was once a place he often went too when he was little.

Shiru held the door open for his lover and found a small booth in the back of the store. "Cole...please stop looking so sad...ok..." He whispered, sitting next too him. Shiru hated sitting across the table, especially on dates, he enjoyed being as close as he could be to Cole. He slipped his arm around the other, his hand gentle creassing his arm. "You know...I use to come here a lot when I was little...I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. " He smiled a little, staring down at the menu. ".....Does anything look good?"

• 2 weeks later...

Cole could barely hold back the sobbing as Shiru held him but he finally got himself under control after some time of just being there on the streets. A few people were staring and Cole got really embarrassed. He wanted to run and hide but Shiru had already grabbed his arm and was leading him to a small soup shop and even got them a tiny booth in the back and away from most people. Cole kept his head down the whole time, too embarrassed to make any eye contact with anyone. Why couldn't he just go home?

Cole didn't have it in him to try and speak again. He could still feel the lump in his throat and if he opened his mouth..... well he didn't think a steady voice was going to come out. The blonde just leaned comfortably into Shiru and looked over the menu for a minute. He was hardly focused but eventually did focus enough on a picture and pointed to it. He hardly knew what he was pointing at but that didn't matter. He was busy enjoying the feeling of Shiru there supporting him again...... Though why was he like this... Cole couldn't do anything by himself... Could he...

Shiru sighed softly, and lightly squeezed the other, giving him a hug as he nuzzled into him. As much as he tried, it seems he alone couldn't help brighten Cole's mood.

He couldn't be upset with him...not when Cole was crying for him. He ran his fingers threw the boys hair, hoping to some how ease his sadness. Just as his lover pointed to a picture the witness approached their table.

"What can I get you?"

"The Golden Porridge with fried rice to go please. We decided to eat at home.."

"Alright, coming right up, it'll be roughly 15 minutes. "

"Thank you." He smiled at her before returning his full attention to Cole. "Do you remember the day I first kissed you.." He said softly, his eyes wondering, as if trying to relive that memory. " You ran away..and at first I felt terrible because...I thought I hurt you some how..but...when I kissed you...it felt like...like my entire body was liberated. Like I got a taste of something so rare and sweet that I became addicted. You made my heart race and it was only a quick kiss but I wanted more...at least...that's what it felt like..." He sighed softly looking down at Cole, eying his lips. "As much as I want you to talk to me and be happy...I can't force you too. So...I'll just stay by your side and wait till you feel better...Its okay to not be okay....that's What my father use to tell me...such simple words but...when you think about it there very deep. " He smiled at his lover kissing his forehead and holding him tighter.

A few minutes passed until there food finally arrived and Shiru quickly paid for it. "Come on..lets go home. " He said softly, taking Cole's hand in his.