A Reapers Soul { WolfDog12 & Sosuke0549 }

Sosuke0549

Cole collapsed to a heap on the floor, coughing and gasping for air. His chin was suddenly grabbed and forced to face the terrifying reaper before him. There were tears in his eye, welled up and ready to fall as he was threatened once more before being shoved back where he gently thudded against the wall and sat there, curled up in a terrified ball.

Even after the reaper vanished, Cole remained where he was, shaking like a leaf out of fear. This wasn't what he wanted... but then, he never really got what he wanted. Anything that was good in his life was always ripped away. Now, his life long crush, who was finally showing signs of liking him back, was completely out of his reach... This was just how it was...

Cole hadn't found his strength to do anything but cry, shaking in the corner until Shiru suddenly came back calling out to him. The blonde looked up, face red and wet from tears, and he unconsciously had one hand to his throat from being choked. The male looked at Shiru and his tears just flowed even more. Finally, he found the strength to get up and even attempted to run away... Cole though, being the klutz he was, tripped over the edge of the couch and fell right back to the floor, completely wiping out.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sosuke0549

• WolfDog12

When Shiru saw Cole his happy expression changed. He saw the other crying...but why?

"Col--"

The boy suddenly bolted only to trip and fall. Shiru stood where he was feeling a sting in his chest. Did Cole just...run away from him ?

I... I don't understand..he didn't run before..is he now...afraid of me ? He thought to himself, slowly approaching him.

"Are you okay? You need to be more careful. "

He tried to smile, as he helped Cole up, however he didn't let go of his hand.

"Your eyes are red. You've been crying...why?"

His eyes wondered to the bruise on the boys neck. He went to touch it but stopped staring into Cole's eyes with confusion. What was going on? Cole was a mess.

"Did you do that to yourself ? Why?... Just now...It looked like you were trying to run away from me...Why? Talk to me Cole..."

He touched his cheek with his free hand, trying to wipe the boys tears away.

Cole was helped to his feet and looked down at their hands. Shiru had a rather tight grip to his trying to keep him from running again no doubt. "We.... W-We...." His stutter was back at full forced. The blonde was looking down and couldn't bring himself to look Shiru in the eyes. He gently rubbed his neck with his free hand as if to remind himself of something.

"W-We can't.... We can't see each other anymore!" Cole bit his lip and the tears just flowed. It was obviously painful for him to say this but it was completely out of his control. "I had no choice but to run... We can't be together. No matter..... No matter how much I want to....." His panic finally began to calm as he started to explain what he could.

"I am really happy to see you again and want to be with you... But... You're a reaper and I'm just a human... I wish I could say more but I can't.... We just... can't...." Cole kept his eyes on their hands still holding onto each other. Cole gave that hand a squeeze before he tried to pull away and leave. "I'm sorry...."

"We.... W-We...."[/Quote]

The other began to stutter avoiding his gaze. Shiru bit his lip waiting for an answer. Shiru couldn't help but stare at the bruise on Cole's neck. What could of caused it?

"W-We can't.... We can't see each other anymore!" [/Quote]

Shiru was confused and hurt hearing those words.

"Cole--"

To his surprise, Cole began to sob. Shiru listened to what Cole had to say, his eyes beginning to water but he didn't dare cry. He tried to clear his throat, his voice horse. Just when he was about to speak, the boy pulled away from him. The touch and warmth of his hand gone.

"I'm sorry...."[/Quote]

Shiru stared at the ground, suddenly feeling his whole life fall apart. He thought he could trust Cole...he thought Cole could be the one person who could understand him and be the one thing to remind him of what it was like to be alive. He thought Cole would save him. Without saying a word. Shiru turned away and left, disappearing in a cloud of dark smoke.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Well well well, what do we have here. "

Ray sat at his desk, surprised to see Shiru suddenly teleport into his office with tears running down his face.

"He...just...just....broke up with me..."

"It was bound to happen."

He said standing. He slowly approached the broken hearted reaper. Something inside Shiru snapped. He no longer wanted to be alive. He had given up.

"This is where you belong. No living human could ever understand you."

Ray suddenly punched Shiru across the face, knocking him to the ground. Shiru didn't bother fighting back, he stared up at Ray with hollow eyes as the man climbed on top of him.

"Now for your punishment...Stopping a human from killing themselves is not tolerated. "

He grinned, beginning to beat him.

"Tell me Shiru...was it worth it? Following that human around...protecting him ?

Shiru said nothing as he groaned, taking another punch in the face.

"Give me your hand."

Shiru blindly did what he was told, as Ray took his hand, he instantly broke one of his fingers.

"Aaahhhh!!!"

Shiru cried out, his body trembling as tears fell from his eyes.

"I'm waiting Shiru..I want to know if it was worth it.."

He broke another finger.

"AHHH! Ha...Ha...n-....no.."

He whispered.

"No one can save you Shiru...no one but me.."

"AHHHH," Shiru shrieked, feeling another finger snap. "..y..yes...s..s-..sir...AHHHHH!!!"

The pain he felt right now was nothing compared to the pain Cole inflicted on his heart.

• 2 weeks later...

After that, Cole returned home and actually began to skip school all together, over come by his depression. Despite his parents worry and force to get him to go back to school, Cole didn't even bother getting out of bed. Days passed and no one had seen or heard a peep from the blonde and his parents grew so worried they felt they'd need to break into his room just to save him.

Eventually that's exactly what they did, though, when they got the door open, Cole had slipped out the window and had vanished down the street without being noticed. He smelled bad, looked like a complete disaster and could hardly walk from the lack of food or water.

Cole's feet just seemed to carry him, walking on and on until finally, he made it down to the river. He crawled down the side of the road to get to the river's edge and stood there looking down at the water. The last time he looked down like this, he was on a bridge and Shiru appeared before him... That wasn't going to happen anymore. Cole fell for the threat and ripped not only his heart out but Shiru's as well. Cole placed a hand over the bruise that had grown quite dark over the past few days and started to recover. It was still there, very present and it just held a reminder that Cole would never see the man he loved again.

Unconsciously, Cole began to wobble. His legs unable to hold him up anymore. Until eventually, his knees buckled and the blonde fell into the icy river. He didn't even struggle for a while, just let the frigid cold over take him as his body began to sink.

"Hey!! Cole! Hey! Wake up!! What the hell is wrong with you!!"

Ty yelled as he pulled Cole out of the freezing cold water. With out a second thought, he jumped in after the boy, saving him.

"Are you crazy! A-are you okay? Why would you do such a thing!"

He panted, flicking his wet hair out of his eyes. There was a reason why he was captain of the swim team.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shiru sighed as he sat at a bar, quietly drinking. Days had passed, and Shiru hadn't seen Cole at all. He did his best to forget about the human who didn't bother to save him.

Cole jerked up coughing up water as he grabbed at his sides before looking at Ty through his wet locks. For a minute there, the blonde didn't say anything, shocked that Ty had just jumped in after him and saved his ass. "I uh...." the words just couldn't seem to be found. What was he suppose to say? that he passed out after being depressed for breaking a dead guys heart? Who would believe that.

"I fell..." he said in a low voice. Soon after Cole began to feel the chill of the wind cutting through his wet clothes and freezing his body. "I'm sorry..." he managed.

The gay male struggled to his feet only to wobble a little and just barely catch himself, knees buckled together, arms wrapped around his body. "Why.... why would you save me?" The dark circles under his eyes, the terribly pale skin, as well as his shrinking frame, all of it was clearly visible now. Even the bruise was clear as day with against his sickly white skin.

Th glared. Waiting for a response.

"I fell..." [/Quote]

Th looked at the blonde skeptically , not really believing him.

"I'm sorry..."[/Quote]

Th bit his lip shaking his head. He sighed , slightly irratted that he was dripping wet now in the cold. He couldn't help but notice how different Cole looked, not to mention the stench radiating off of him. When was the last time he showered? He was a mess. He's gotten skiner..

Ty watched the small boy struggle to his feet only to wobble. Something was clearly wrong with him.

"Why.... why would you save me?" [/Quote]

Cole asked him, and Ty was taken aback by the stupid question.

"Did you want me to just sit back and watch you drown? Watch you die?"

He shook his head, amazed by Cole's ungratfulness.

"Your not gonna thank me?...Or did I interrupt you from joining Shiru ."

He muttered. He grabbed the boys shirt sleeve.

"Come on...I'm guessing you don't want to go to the hospital or back home...I live close by. "

Cole jumped a little at the clear irritation in Ty's voice and bit his lip. "I'm sorry..." he repeated. This kid was like a broken record with his apologies.

"Your not gonna thank me?...Or did I interrupt you from joining Shiru ."

He didn't realize how much those words would hurt until they'd been spoken. Cole's eyes welled up with tears he didn't even know he had left. "Shiru... I did something so horrible.... I was just so scared!!" Cole was probably not making any sense right now as he talked about what happened.

Cole just stood there sobbing quietly as Ty grabbed him by the sleeve and led him back up to the road and to his house. He managed to calm down by the time they made it to Ty's place but they were both still soaked to the bone.

"Thank you, for saving me," he said earnestly but he kept his head down. Why was Ty even helping him? Wasn't he one of the ones that blamed him the most for Shiru's death? What good was helping this pitiful blonde going to do? Though, in his heart, he was still thankful. After all, it was Shiru that wanted him to live and while they couldn't be together, then he could at least honor his last wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Ty was slightly taken by surprise when Cole's eyes began to water.

"Shiru... I did something so horrible.... I was just so scared!!" [/Quote]

What was he talking about? Ty bit his lip, he wasn't really good with expressioning his feelings or cheering people up. Shiru was suppose to do that stuff. Th dragged the sobbing boy along sighing.

"S-stop crying...its...okay..."

He muttered.

By the time they reached his house Cole seemed okay. He wasn't crying anymore and appeared calm.

"Thank you, for saving me,"[/Quote]

Ty just nodded as the two of them sat in his living room. The two seemed to be the only ones in the house. "...So I'm just gonna ask...were you trying to kill yourself back there.."

He met the others gaze, waiting for some type of answer.

"You don't have to lie...I won't ...bully you.."

He muttered.

Cole didn't want to sit down at first seeing as he was still so wet but Ty seemed to really want him to calm down after what happened. Of course, he also noticed rather quickly that the two seemed to be the only ones in the house. In a way that was comforting but at the same time, it made him more self conscious seeing as he was just in a house with someone who could potentially break his nose and humiliate him before kicking him out... Sure, that wasn't exactly Ty's style, he was the quiet one but everyone changed after Shiru died.

"...So I'm just gonna ask...were you trying to kill yourself back there.."

Cole jumped a little and looked over catching Ty's gaze. When their eyes met, the blonde looked almost scared and quickly looked away, staring at his feet. What was he suppose to say?!

"You don't have to lie...I won't ...bully you.."

Hearing that was.... unlike anything.... no... Shiru was the only one that would say something like that.... why would Ty be so willing? No... Cole had to shake the thought and talk... him hesitating wasn't helping!!

"N-No... Not... that time... I just wasn't feeling good and fell...." he admitted. Of course, Cole was leaving out that he hadn't eaten or slept in days which was why he wasn't feeling good. "I'm not gonna try to die anymore.... He wouldn't...." Cole grew quieter before he ultimately stopped talking. There was no explaining that the last time he did try to commit suicide, Shiru showed up and stopped him telling him to live.

• 3 weeks later...

Ty eyed the other for a moment before crossing his arms and looking away.

"...The first time I met Shiru..was freshman year. I had a few classes with him but I never really talked to him. He was naturally popular and good-looking. People flocked to him as if he was..I don't know ..magic....I never really intended to be his friend in the first place -but he pursued me...Because he just ...somehow knew...I needed ...a friend. "

Ty glanced at Cole.

"You remind me of myself- back when I was in middle school- very shy...quit..always keeping to myself...getting teased. "

Ty sighed taking a seat across from Cole.

"Expect I wasn't as...brave as you....In middle school I realized that ...I was gay....and was quickly bullied for it. There were days were I would skip school just so I didn't have to hear there teasing, or search for my shoes when my classmates hid them , or eat lunch by myself, or have it smacked out of my hand...It was hard. All the friends I thought I had turned on me...as if I was sick. As if being gay was something contagious......

He paused for a moment as if he was re-living those horrible memories. He cleared his throat.

" When it was time for me to go to high school. I begged my parents to move and allow me to go somewhere else. A place where I could start over and no one would know that I was......different....That's how I ended up at Shinobu High School...and that's how I met Shiru....and Akira. That's how I became popular. By lying...but...one day...Shiru found out. He spent the night at my house and found...some gay magizens...I thought he'd laugh at me. I thought he'd betray me and ruin the lie I so desperately created. "

He shook his head.

"But he didn't..He was....nice to me.... He acted like nothing changed. Like I was normal....And he kept my secret....When you showed up at school, and admitted you were openly gay I wasn't sure how I felt about you. I felt sorry for you because I watched everyone bully you.. And I never did anything because I thought...at least it's not me...better him then me...but... At the same time...I didn't like you because you reminded me that I was living a lie every day. That I was fake and a coward. That you got to live life as who you truly were while I couldn't..and at times...I was jealous...even envious of you."

He looked at Cole with tear filled eyes.

"I'm telling you all this because...I remember Shiru telling me to trust you..he even told me that we were similar and that you reminded him of me... He said that he wouldn't tell you my story because its not his to tell but he wished I would tell you and befriend you because he felt like you needed to know that you are not alone.....Guess I'm a little late but...Another reason I told you this was because I wanted another person to know how kind Shiru was..."

He rubbed his eyes.

Cole was certainly surprised to find out that Ty was gay. Cole had always kept his head down and didn't pay any particular person much mind except for Shiru because he liked him so there was no way he'd have known that Ty was gay... He didn't even manage to pick up on it when Shiru pointed in that direction... Wow he felt dense.

"I'm.... I'm not as brave as you'd think...." he said. "As soon as I started to get bullied I also wanted to change schools but my family couldn't afford it and said I would have to man up... I wanted to run away so badly that I found ways to avoid people... It didn't really work though... I was just as happy when Shiru.... I did something so horrible...." Cole was about to lose it again as he struggled to keep whatever he had left, together.

"Heck... I even tried to kill myself just a....." He froze unable to speak anymore as an idea came into his head. Cole hadn't even taken the time to tell his whole story or even get to understand Ty more before he thought of something.

"Did... D-...." He was struggling so hard to get it out. "Did you.... want to see Shiru again?" he finally managed in a quiet voice. "I might know how to get to him..." Cole said will little to no confidence.

Out of nowhere, he stood up and began to walk towards the door. He was incredibly unsteady as he still hadn't eaten anything in days. Without another word or even looking back to make sure he was being followed, Cole began to walk out the door and towards the bridge... the same one he tried to kill himself off of last time. Once again, when he got there, he climbed onto the railing and looked back towards Ty.

"If I jump... Shiru should show up... Then you get to see him... If I'm saved then we can all talk... if not... then I die... I promised I'd live... but I also said I wanted to be with him and still sent him off... I want him to at least know that I didn't mean to... Ty, If you see him, please tell him that I'm sorry for sending him away and that it was the scary guy with the purple eyes that told me to do that?" Cole brushed a hand over the bruise marks on his neck. "He's the one that put these here," he said and looked down towards where he was planning on falling.

Ty waited, slightly nervous to hear Coles response to all of this.

"I'm.... I'm not as brave as you'd think....As soon as I started to get bullied I also wanted to change schools but my family couldn't afford it and said I would have to man up... I wanted to run away so badly that I found ways to avoid people... It didn't really work though... I was just as happy when Shiru.... I did something so horrible...." [/Quote]

Ty stared at him, listening but slightly confused.

"Well...for what its worth. I thought it was brave...We've both wanted to run away at some point. Guess that's another thing we have in common....."

When Cole said he had done something horrible. He raised an eyebrow, curious.

" What do you mean?"

Ty couldn't help but notice how upset the other appeared.

"Heck... I even tried to kill myself just a....."[/Quote]

Cole suddenly cut himself off and hearing his half sentence made Ty very nervous.

"You did what ?"

"Did... D-....Did you.... want to see Shiru again?" [/Quote]

"What?! Cole are you okay? Your freaking me out. "

"I might know how to get to him..." [/Quote]

"What the hell are you talking about. He's gone Cole ."

Out of nowhere, Cole stood and headed out his door, walking incredibly unstead. Ty got to his feet, in a rush to stop him.

"Cole! What the hell are you doing! Wait!! Just hang on!!"

Cole ignored his pleas and reached the bridge, where he climbed onto the railing Ty's eyes were wide in pure terror.

"C-Cole. Y-you not serious. G-get down right now! "

When Cole spoke to him, Ty was utterly lost. Shiru. Purple eyed guy? Pushing him away? Seeing Shiru again? What the hell was Cole on?

"STOP!! HOLY SHIT -Cole! I don't understand. Don't do this. What you need is help. Please just get down and come to your senses!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shiru took a sip of his beer, resting on a couch in a hidden lounge room. He sighed just as Felix stepped into the room.

"What killed you? Haha- don't you have any clients?"

"..No...I refused to take any. "

"Shiru.. You gotta cheer up. It hurts me to see a fellow reaper like yourself so down. Some people take years before they accept their new life- but that shouldn't be you. You just gotta forget about your old life. Be dead a little "

"......I'll think about it. "

Felix grinned just as his necklace began to flicker to life. He looked down at Shiru.

"Duty calls, wanna come? "

"..no..."

"Hmm.. Its a young boy, looks like he's about to jump off a bridge. Suside...gets me every time. "

He sighed, realising the necklace.

"What's his name."

"Cole Akabayashi..."

Shiru' s eyes widened slightly. His heart breaking just a little bit more knowing Cole wasn't going to listen to him. That he was throwing away his life that he went out of his way to save.

"Felix....Can I...take this one. "

-- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Shiru floated in front of Cole, about 5 feet away. He hadn't changed, other then for his baggy eyes and messy hair, he still looked the same and was still in all black attire. This time how ever...he did not reveal himself to Cole. He stayed invisible to both his past friends , seeing no need to speak to them. He pulled out his sycth waiting for Cole to jump with hurt and cold eyes. He wasn't going to stop him.

..lier......

He whispered in the boys mind. Almost glaring at Cole, his anger growing into hate and his love turning into sorrow. It was like a slap to the face seeing Cole back on the bridges railing, trying to kill himself. He had no clue all the trouble and suffering he went through to save him!!

"I have come to my senses..." he said gently. "I want to see Shiru again but I rather him at least know that I'm sorry...." Without realizing that Shiru had appeared, Cole continued. "I did this once before and Shiru stopped me... Weird I know but he did... Some guy with purple eyes appeared and threatened me.... I wasn't suppose to tell anyone, especially Shiru which is why if I jump or not I'll probably be dead soon. So, I may as well end it with you being able to see him again before that scary guy comes back," He said.

A shiver ran down his spine and Cole looked out. It was almost as if he were able to make eye contact but, to him there was no one there. The blonde bit his lip and looked down. Holy crap was he high up. Cole's grip on the support tightened to the point his fingers turned white. This was a lot higher up than he remembered from the last time... Just as he thought he heard Shiru's voice in his head, Cole burst into tears all over again... Damn was he an emotional mess.

"I can't do it.... He wants me alive... I just want to tell him that I was scared and said something I didn't mean!!" Cole slipped from the railing, falling backwards back onto the bridge. However, for a moment he screamed honestly thinking he was going to die. However, he got out of it with just a sore tailbone.

"What is wrong with me!!!! I can't live or even die right... I just want to see him one more time..." Cole was crying horribly and tried to rub the tears from his eyes... Damn was he a mess. "I love him!!!" Cole looked out struggling to his feet and grabbing the railing before screaming, "I Love Shiru!!!! I don't know if you're out there but I love you and I hate what I did!! I'm sorry!!! I'm sorry..." His voice grew weaker and weaker as he continued to repeat the words "I'm sorry" over and over. Eventually it just turned into miserable sobbing before his knees gave out and Cole passed out from exhaustion, hunger and dehydration.

Cole was so pathetic. It took all his courage to do what he did and yet, he didn't even know if Shiru was around. Heck, the reaper with the purple eyes could have been there and would be all too happy to have Cole killed... Still, he did what he did... As delirious as he was, he did it.

Shiru listened and watched Cole , his anger slightly shifting into confusion.

"I have come to my senses...I want to see Shiru again but I rather him at least know that I'm sorry...." [/Quote]

He's...sorry?

Shiru hesitantly lightened his grip on his scythe , suddenly intrigued by what Cole had to say.

"I did this once before and Shiru stopped me... Weird I know but he did... Some guy with purple eyes appeared and threatened me.... I wasn't suppose to tell anyone, especially Shiru which is why if I jump or not I'll probably be dead soon. So, I may as well end it with you being able to see him again before that scary guy comes back,"[/Quote]

A guy with purple eyes? Did Ray...?

Shiru bit his lip as he pieced together the truth and why Cole dumped him. He did it so Ray wouldn't hurt him. Now he understood , how ever he didn't understand why the other was suddenly going to kill himself. Even after he asked the boy to stay alive.

He thought of the punishment he received from Ray. Recalling the pain he felt and the countless tears he shed. Did Cole even care? Would he even care if he knew the truth? Shiru continued to watch, seeing his ex burst into tears.

"I can't do it.... He wants me alive... I just want to tell him that I was scared and said something I didn't mean!!"[/Quote]

Cole slipped from the railing, falling backwards onto the bridge. Shiru felt his heart tremble. He touched his chest, feeling a sharp pain. He had missed Cole...and he suddenly found himself crying. Feelings tears slip down his cheek. Cole..wanted him back. He didn't abandon him on purpose. He still loved him.

"What is wrong with me!!!! I can't live or even die right... I just want to see him one more time...I love him!!!" [/Quote]

Ty was baffled by what was going on. He honestly thought Cole might be crazy. Perhaps he needed this...to cry and let out all the sorrow and regret he had. Ty honestly had no idea what he was talking about but...seeing Cole break down and cry, tugged at his emotions and he too began to tear up.

"C-Cole--"

The blond struggled to his feet grabbing the railing before screaming,

"I Love Shiru!!!! I don't know if you're out there but I love you and I hate what I did!! I'm sorry!!! I'm sorry..." [/Quote]

His voice growing weaker before he suddenly passed out from exhaustion.

"Cole!! S-shit. Hey! Wake up!! Are you okay? Cole?!"

Ty ran to the others side, frantically shaking him.

"He's fine..just tired. "

Shiru muttered, stepping onto the railing.

Ty jumped hearing such a familiar voice, and when his eyes fell on Shiru, he stared at him dumbfoundedly.

"N-n..no way....S-Shiru?"

"Its been awhile Ty. How've you been?"

The boy blinked before his eyes rolled in the back of his head and he fainted.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"And...that's What happened. Everything. "

"I-I see...T-this is just so hard to believe but your..right in front of me...and a reaper...i guess...what Cole was saying before makes a little sense now. I'm sorry your--"

"Ty...I'm...really glad you can see me..It was rough the first week I died..."

Ty bit his lip, smiling sadly.

"Y-Yeah...I was a mess. "

The two sat on Ty' S living room couch while the unconious Cole slept in a guest bedroom. Shiru told his friend everything, bringing him up to speed on even Cole and him being a thing.

Shiru glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Its almost time. I should really be there when he wakes up. "

Ty nodded in agreement watch Shiru disappear up the stairs.

The reaper stood next to Cole, visible and wearing all black. His scythe no where to be seen. He patiently waited for his living , breathing lover to awaken. There was so much he needed to tell him but the very first thing he planned to do..was madly kiss the boy.

Cole had no idea how long he had been out or even what happened just before he lost consciousness. He remembered running away from home, meeting up with Ty and nearly dying in the river... everything else was a bit blurry. He could still remember a few other things here and there but nothing too great.

The blonde began to stir, and slowly blinked letting his eyes adjust to the light. Damn he was still exhausted but he was alive... right? As his eyes began to focus, he saw a familiar face standing over him. Those baby blue eyes were ones he would never forget.

"I guess I died... didn't I? I'm sorry," he said feeling truly miserable. "I'm glad I got to see you though..." He added though he looked like he could cry at any minute. Still, he sat up and began to wonder where he was. Of course, Cole couldn't look around too much as he was suddenly taken over by kisses.

What was happening?! Didn't Shiru hate him after what he did? After all, he couldn't live the way his love wanted and he even went so far as to break his heart over a damn threat. He ruined both of them because a damn reaper came and threatened his life if he didn't. Still, Cole couldn't help but feel happy to see Shiru and to finally feel his kiss again. Even if it was a goodbye kiss, he accepted it. He was just melting to be able to feel Shiru's cold lips against his own warm ones.

"I thought you hated me," he said with tears in his eyes.

"I guess I died... didn't I? I'm sorry, I'm glad I got to see you though..." [/Quote]

Shiru couldn't help but stare at Cole. He was so close to completely falling into disspare. So close to falling into darkness and losing his way. With out Cole beside him...he had almost forgotten what it was like living.

Cole sat up, looking confused.

You hurt me...so...so much...I thought I'd never see you again...I thought I had done something wrong....

Shiru was lost in private thoughts as he continued to stare at Cole. He had never felt such heart wrenching pain before...

Was this....the sting of love?

Shiru quickly took the boys face with out warning and kisses him passionately and Cole..let him, melting into his lips and even returning his affection. The feel of there cold and warm lips against each other was forbidden...but to Shiru it felt so right. When he broke the kiss, and their eyes met. Cole looked like he was about to cry again.

"I thought you hated me," [/Quote]

"...I don't think...I could ever hate you..."

He caressed his cheek lovingly, his eyes watering but he didn't cry.

"There's so much I want to tell you but...I think you need to eat first. You haven't been taking care of yourself.."

He muttered , leaning in for another kiss but stops just before there lips touch.

"Cole...I was there...at the bridge. And I heard everything...and...I think...I love you too."

He whispered. Kisssing the boy one more time.

"...I don't think...I could ever hate you..."

Those words were all Cole needed to hear to feel so much better. Even that cold hand that caressed his cheek felt amazing to Cole. The blonde was just overjoyed at the moment and struggled to hold back his tears even more, especially as he could see Shiru's eyes building up with tears as well. Though, what was the most strange was probably that Shiru was still so cold to the touch... Shouldn't they feel the same now?

"There's so much I want to tell you but...I think you need to eat first. You haven't been taking care of yourself.."

He froze. "Eat? But aren't I dead already?" He asked looking at Shiru a bit sideways.. Did he really survive?

"Cole...I was there...at the bridge. And I heard everything...and...I think...I love you too."

Cole's face turned bright red and his eyes were wide as he stared at Shiru for a good minute trying to process what was happening to them. "W-Wait... The.... The B-Bridge?" Cole couldn't remember... Wait... What did he do? And why was it 'Too'... Did he do something?

It took a few more minutes before Cole registered what happened and his sickly person's memory returned causing his face to turn an impressive dark red. At that point it was almost as if steam could be seen coming off the top of his head as he grew more embarrassed than ever before. Honestly, he looked like he could faint.

"Eat? But aren't I dead already?"[/Quote]

Shiru blinked at the other, before sighing softly, holding back a smile.

" No...your still alive Cole. "

When he explained to his ex that he heard his confession of love back at the bridge, Cole's face turned a bright red and his eyes were very wide. Shiru couldn't help but laugh a little finding the other extremely cute.

"W-Wait... The.... The B-Bridge?"[/Quote]

Shiru nodded and slowly sat on the bed near Cole waiting for him to recall the incident.

It took a few minutes but Cole finally recalled what happened and his face turned a shade dark red Shiru didn't even know was possible. He only smiled softly at the other. He had deeply missed this side of Cole.

"Took you long enough.."

He muttered before leaning in closer.

"You look like your about to faint...do I really make you that nervous ? Or are you embarrassed ?"

He smiled again, pulling away and standing on his feet.

"I'll go get you something to eat, yes? Be right back. "

Shiru then disappeared into the floorboard leaving Cole for a few minutes, only to return with a bowl of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. He also brought up a cup or warm green tea all resting on a tray.

"Took you long enough.."

Cole made a small grumbling noise and looked away in embarrassment. It was his fault after all for not eating or sleeping for god only knows how long. He wasn't exactly thinking straight but it was nice to know that he was still alive. Not to mention that Shiru was here with him!! Guess what he said was the right thing... Though he was also very lucky that it was Cole that showed up and not that purple-eyed reaper or any other reaper for that matter.... Although.. How many reapers even were there? Cole didn't even know any could exist and now had already met two so maybe there were more out there.

As Shiru began to lean in, Cole became flustered and his heart felt like it was going to beat right out of his chest. Guess he was alive after all.

"You look like your about to faint...do I really make you that nervous ? Our are you embarrassed ?"

"I uh... Y-.... Yes.... I mean..." He was clearly all nervous. Of course, Shiru pulled back and got to his feet. He quickly said something and vanished right into the floor. Cole opened his mouth to stop him but no words managed to come out so he closed his mouth and waited for the other to return again with the food. It looked so good!!!

"I'm sorry..." He finally managed. "I guess I just get so nervous around you I do or say stupid things to embarrass myself..." He was looking down still bright red as he spoke fairly well.

"I'm sorry...I guess I just get so nervous around you I do or say stupid things to embarrass myself..."[/Quote]

Shiru blinked at the others response before sighing softly and setting the try of food down in front of Cole.

"You don't need to apologize Cole. In fact you kind of do it too much. "

He smiled sitting across from him.

"I know I make you embarrassed, and sometimes I do it on purpose because your really cute but, I'm hoping you'll eventually be comfortable enough to let me in."

He shrugged.

" I mean...if you want to try this again..."

He raised an eye-brow up at the blond wondering what was going on through his head.

"This time tho...you aren't allowed to run away from me...and...you have to ask me out. "

He grinned mischievously meeting the boys blushing face.

"You don't need to apologize Cole. In fact you kind of do it too much. "

"S-Sorry," he said again in a quiet voice picking up the grilled cheese slice and taking a bite. Wow, this was the best grilled cheese he'd ever had!! He took another bite as Shiru continued, even going so far as to admit that he sometimes embarrassed Cole on purpose... How mean... But he smiled anyway.

" I mean...if you want to try this again..."

So Shiru was willing to try again?! Even after everything that Cole had done and said to him?! Cole's eyes lit up again and he smiled at the other and nodded happily as he swallowed his food.

"This time tho...you aren't allowed to run away from me...and...you have to ask me out. "

At first, Cole was a bit fidgety but who could blame him as he was still embarrassed from having run away like a coward. Though what came next was a complete shock and Cole spend a good minute or two just staring blankly at the other. He swallowed at nothing and tried to work up a little more courage.

"Uh..." He sounded so damn stupid. Cole shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath letting himself blurt out words he never thought he'd say, "W-Will you go out with me?!" It was kind of loud but Cole looked like he wanted to curl up in a hole and die. He was so god damn embarrassed but he did it. For the first time, Cole was able to work up the courage to ask his crush out and he already knew their feelings were mutual.

Shiru struggled not to laugh when Cole blankly stared at him. He knew he took the younger male by surprise but... He didn't expect him to look so cute. He smiled when Cole spoke to him, asking him out like the shy girls you see in anime.

"Uh..."[/Quote]

His eyes were shut tight, and his nervous ex took a deep breath before blurting out the words,

"W-Will you go out with me?!" [/Quote]

He said loudly , his face pink.

Shiru laughed softly at the other for a few seconds before gently touching his cheek and leaning in close to him.

" You actually did it !"

He snickered a little.

"I don't think you know it but- your unbelievably adorable. "

He muttered softly, laying a tender kiss on Cole's warm lips.

"Are you sure you want to date me? I am dead...and it won't be easy "

He asked , resting his forehead against Cole's, staring into his eyes.

" You actually did it !"

Wait... was Shiru making fun of him now? Cole just sat there still waiting for an answer but was instead called cute. He blushed a bit more but managed to force a smile just before his lips were covered by Shiru's. Of course, Cole was stupidly happy to be kissed again, almost ignorant of the temperature difference.

"Are you sure you want to date me? I am dead...and it won't be easy "

"I know it won't be easy but I think I'm prepared for it..." he said softly. Their foreheads were together and the cold against his burning from embarrassment head felt so good. He just sat there enjoying every second as he seemed to finally calm down, his face no longer red anymore and when Shiru finally pulled back, he continued to eat his food.

The only problem now was that Cole had completely forgotten about that other reaper, the one with the terrifying purple eyes. He could show up at any time and come after the blonde but Cole had forgotten and only focused on Shiru now and thinking about the hurdles they would have to overcome for one being a reaper and the other a living human.