La Petite Morte (SinxVirtualoo)

AkitoSin

La Petite Morte

La Petite Morte…

The Little Death…

Finally, Moku’s conflicted mind had produced a tittle for his final piece. His final bow to this faded world.

Moku had no intent on ending his life just step away from the spot light. He had other things that were keeping here. Other promises to keep. He could no longer produce the same literature he had once. The world around was fading. Literally for some time now he had started to lose colors. An apple once red was now gray, morning sky started darkening then nature’s color abandoned him. In the end, everything was similar to an old movie. Little by little he let the darkness swallow him as it stripped him of his creative talent. He lost his motivation to write and began grow cold as week passed without notice. Soon assistance began to leave some by choice, a few he fired personally and then there were those who had grown to fear his frequent violent outburst of frustration.

In every dark place, there is a small ray of light.

As he became more and more withdrawn and his assistant faded away fast he began to close himself off. Till there was only one person who chose to stay. Be it out of stubbornness or stupidity. The assistant kept on with Moku. Will it be enough or is Moku forever sealed in his curse.

Moku%20Character%20Picture_zpsempx7582.png

Name: Moku King

Height: 5'9

Likes: Literature, Strong coffee, The night sky, classic movies, Music, sour things

Dislikes: Darkness, Fake People, sweets, People who try to hard, cats/dogs, intimacy.

Bio: Moku had a pretty straight forward child hood, he found a love for reading that blossomed into a love for writing his first novel being published when he turned 16. He learned all too quickly when you come upon money, that other come expecting part of it . As people walked in and out of his life promising love and friendship, all only truly wanting there own fortune he began to push one after the other away. When his mother passed away at the age of 38 , Moku who was once and open booked closed his cover for the final time withdrawing to his study where he would write novel after novel. The only ones ever truly seeing the in working of his workshop were writing assistants muses who went and were used quickly . Never once did he let one see to much, and the moment they got to close he would cut them off and close back down. Now with the edges turning black and the final work beginning how many more will see his inner workings ever again.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• virtualoo

• AkitoSin

white__s_day__milk_chcocolate_uke_by_cherriuki-d4spnps.jpg

Name: Yousei Dowa

Height: 5 ft 7

Likes: Sweets, Reading, small animals, theatre cooking and music

Dislikes: Spiders, Lightning, Bulliss

Bio: Yousei had to work hard to get to where he was in his life. While he was certainly not poor, He did not usually have the luxury for what seemed like fairly common activities to other kids. Growing up, he would save his money just to treat himself to the bakery. His mother always encouraged his love for theatre and artistic hobbies, eventually solidifying his desire to work in the field of writing. He found books were able to take him far away from the world and a rough life of bullying and sweep him away. He wanted to do the same and everyone has to start somewhere.

--------

So..It looked like today would be the start of his new position. Yousei looked down at his cellphone and read off the address that was lit up on his screen. Yup, this was the place! He closed the cellphone and put it away in his black messenger black slung casually over his shoulder. This seemed like it might be a difficult job to take as far as he understood. Did he hear something about this author going through a lot of assistants? Maybe that was just a bad rumor to scare the young guy. It always seemed that authors were the older type or just been in the scene longer so like a high school senior, you get to tease the new kid.

Ah well, now was not the time to dwell on such silly trivial matters! He was here to work and ready to show that author what he got in him. "You got this Yousei" he said quietly to himself as he approached the door, knocking on the door as he pushed one strand of hair aside from his face.

Moku was firmly asleep, dreams took him away to land of vivid color he knew he was losing, sprawled out among the many paper on the desk before him. As he drifted through landscape in his mind dark clouds quickly rolled over blotting out the sun, a downcast of rain turning his once beautiful dream gray as the colors seemed to glide away with the water. He shot up suddenly awakened by the thudding at the door he grimaced as he wiped the corner of his mouth and detached himself from his writings . His hair a tousled mess he made his way to the door opening the door he looked past the young man before him eyes stilled clouded with sleep dark rings underneath them.

"What do you want" he grumbled groggily looking out upon the expanses of his leaf covered yard. The house was by no means small , but it was not large enough to broadcast his wealth . Slightly larger than a family home meant to house 8. He yawned the sleep away shaking his head letting his grey locks of hair cover his eyes.

"Oh you must be my new assistant, whoopee" he said dismissively as he gestured for the boy to come inside leading him among the book lined walls. The house was simple literature was abundant a few fire places nestled in nooks and crannies, lounge chairs, paper covering most stands. To others the house may have seemed to be in pure chaos, but to Moku everything made perfect sense.

Yousei didn't have much time to offer greetings as a slightly older than him man stood before him. The guy looked very tired like he hasn't slept in a long time or was just very overworked. He hoped it was a lack of sleep as overworking was something that was not easy to fix. But that was what an assistants job was right? He was here to help.

"Yes, my name is Yousei" He answered the others tired greeting with a small smile. Maybe he woke him up from a nap? He seemed like a grumpy kind of person but no one could be like this all the time right? As he stepped into the house, he took a look around the clutters of books and papers lining the desks and the floors. While there may be a method to the madness, organizing looked like it would be a possible first priority.

Moku kept walking quietly observing the boy who going to be his new assistant ."yousei you said your name was, mmm where is that from?"

As he journeyed with the other man throughout the house until they entered a centralized living area, the cleanest by far out the areas within the house. Ironically enough the room that was meant to have the most amount of people in it was spotless compared to the rest of his house. But it just went to show how little Moku valued other people presence within his home. the room was simple a single large sofa lined the center of the room sitting before a fireplace. A fish tank made to be a coffee table sat directly in front empty and algae taking over its once beautiful habitat. Without the neglect it would've been a beautiful center piece. He not so much sat as fell onto the couch and pinched the bridge of his nose .

" I would like to lay down some ground rules, but first tell me about yourself along with my earlier question" He waved his in circular motion towards himself in a sort of generalization of the thought his eyes turning towards the boy blank waiting for a slip up.

Yousei saw that even the living room had fallen into a state of disheveled mess. Even the fish tank showed signs of misuse or neglect, trying to see if there were fish left in the algae filled fish tank. There was not much in the lines of furniture in the room beyond the sofa and the fireplace. Not wanting to be rude, he stayed standing for now as he heard the other ask about himself.

"Well, my mother said my name is Japanese. It is supposed to mean 'fairy' is what I think she said" Yousei said with a small laugh, hoping the other didn't find the name too ridiculous like most people did when they knew. "As far as myself, I like to think I am pretty flexible with other people. I like pleasing other people above myself, a weakness and a strength I suppose" He admitted with a small shrug. "Besides that, I always wanted to do something in the arts and found writing as a calling when I was manyne in my early teens" He adds with another smile.

Moku let off a soft chuckle as he sat up his hands clasped in one another. "Yousei is a fine name im sure your mother had plenty of good reason for choosing it". Moku couldn't help the soft smile that touched his face, if everyone else had deserted him his mother was a source of comfort. She stayed with him well... as long as she possibly could , the cold reminder had taken his smile as fast as it had given it.

"you'll find the house to be quite spacious to be frank I prefer my assistant stay here while employed but" he raised his hands in a whatever kind of way "I can't really force it on you its more of an open choice, There are plenty of rooms to pick from and I do my best to keep the kitchen stocked." He stood up and gestured for the boy to follow him. "While im working I expect silence unless I ask something of you, Ill give you snipits occasionally to look over for corrections, I presume your familiar with my work?" . As they traveled through the house Moku did his best to give a general showing of the property "If invited to a social event you will be expected to be free to attend with me, unless you notify me previously of an event you'll need to attend. your a writers assistant and not a house maid so I can't force you to clean, your free to work on any project your wee previously working on unless I call at which point I stand prio...." he was cut short by shot buzz in his pocket as he pulled his phone out cursing softly under his breath.

"I hope you have something nice to wear this evening kid."

Yousei loved the smile that graced his face, even if only for a moment. As quick as it was there, it had disappeared from his face. From what he gathered, his mother was a sad soft spot for the other so he should not mention her much in conversation.

Yousei heard the offer to be a live in assistant and was excited at such an offer. "I will gladly accept your offer, I would just need to get my clothes from home. I do not live far from here so it will be a very quick trip" He nodded as he said this. "Oh and I have read your work, I love your novels" He said with another smile. It was then the others phone rung and it seemed an event was already being had tonight. "I do have it at home, I will be right back" Yousei said and was quick to leave the house. He packed everything he could want rather quickly, knowing he can come back later if needed.

Yousei found a nice form fitting white dress shirt and black dress pants. He put them on and got to work slicking back his wild brown hair into something manageable and good looking. Once satisfied, Yousei took the bad he packed and made his way back to the others house, knocking once more.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Moku gave a shake to his head as he closed the door behind the young man that was to be his assistant . Maybe he's too eager he seem all to happy to please he thought to himself as he made his way to his room. Life was interesting, one day it could grant you everything you've ever asked for and the next take it all away . A small smile bit at the corner of moku's lips as he passed the portrait of his mother he had just outside his room lightly brushing his fingertips across the frame. He made his way further into the interior finally stopping at a modest closet , lined with suits for events, simple button up dress shirts, pair upon pairs of shoes he let out a sigh.

Part of him had given up on colorful clothes, no part of him was afraid would be more accurate. He settled on a black it felt too familiar but it was easily identifiable, The suit was onyx Black....sharp-looking, and well-fitted. Exactly the sort of thing to wear to a formal event like this it fit well, it made him look very handsome. A red or at least what Moku believe was red tie was paired with the suit with a simple pair of dress pants to finish the attire. He looked himself up and down in the mirror closing his eyes slowly, the fear was driven from the idea one day he would put something on thinking he looked exceptional, only to find what was believe to be a well put together suit was a clash of color that not only he couldn't tell, but would have no business being together in an outfit. He stared into the mirror for what felt like an eternity, and just like deja vu another knock on the door woke him from his frozen stasis.

Moku opened the door slightly paler from being within his thought for too long "welcome back" he said absently "feel free to place your things in whichever room you may want to claim" his gaze shifted down to the shorter man before him taking in his outfit, he had done well and it was good to know the boy could dress himself but something was slightly off. Moku ran his finger through his silver locks and snapped his finger an a sort of ah ha moment, he didn't feel like slicked back hair was quite the right look for this man but made no comment, twirling a ring of keys on his fingers.

Yousei stood waiting at the door, hoping he was not too under dressed. He didn't have the money for a fancy suit jacket so he hoped it would be acceptable. When the other had opened the door, the other seemed to be looking him over as if something was wrong. Was he underdressed after all? Did he have a stain somewhere? It worries him for a bit when the other just kind of snapped his fingers, as if answering an internal question. Maybe he was just over thinking it a bit too much...

Yousei nodded and left shortly after, finding a room with a nice view. He set his bag down on the bed, worrying about unpacking later on in the evening. "I did it Mom...At least you are proud of me" He smiled to himself before coming back downstairs shortly after. "I'm ready to go, I should ask, Is there a name or way of addressing you around others I should be aware of?" He asked with a curious head tilt. Often in different situations, people are called certain names.

Moku nodded to the boy it was a fair question to ask , but he didn't much worry about the trivialities of matter likes these. "When we are in the confines of this house you can simply call me Moku I'm not about big fancy titles, That being said while we are out you may call me Mr. Moku or Mr. King whichever feels more comfortable to you. He lead the boy to a vehicle parked outside waiting to drive them to the event. It was going to be a small get together of well known authors and actors from the area, sure to be loaded with fans, and paparazzi , and hopefully a well mixed drink . He got comfortable in back of the vehicle turning to the boy he sighed "Im unsure if you have ever been to event like one, have you ever had to deal with the press before?"

"Easy enough" Yousei said, feeling more confident about himself and glad he thought to ask ahead of time. He soon followed the other in the car, making himself comfortable in his own seat. "I have been to small gatherings or parties before but as far as press goes, I have not yet had to deal with them on such a scale" Yousei admitted with a small nod. He could probably manage as much, just be cool and collected and don't get too overwhelmed. They will probably ask a lot of questions and probably wonder who he was. "Either way, it should be a nice evening" Yousei smiled, looking forward to it.

Moku chuckled softly wishing he still had the kind of open enthusiasm Yousei seemed to be carrying with him. "The general idea is to keep calm and collected and try your best not to answer to many questions" He made a circular motion with his finger "Once you answer one they will just keep pulling you around and around until they have enough information to twist into what they Like ." He looked out the window gazing up at the night sky getting lost among the star as they arrived at there destination he straightened himself out. "just stick with me and this all should go fairly smooth , i'm not trying to stay very long" he grimaced at the idea of all the people eagerly awaiting him, for signatures, questions. He stepped out of the car putting his fake smile on for the picture helping the other man climb out as they walked past what seemed to be a hurricane of reporters and questions , making there way inside to the less rowdy event. The night seemed to streamline rather easily a few hand shakes there, talks of upcoming events and works, the fake smile plastered on Moku face the entire time.

But no night could be this perfect as Moku was lured into a conversation with a well known publisher he never seemed to get along with "No i'm not quite sure what exactly i'll be doing with my next work " he rubbed the back of his head modestly "I'm just trying to take it one step at a time. But I would like to say that's a lovely Black dress you have on this evening Sandra". He knew something had gone wrong as soon as a glare crossed Sandra's delicate features

"Did you even look at what I'm wearing? or do you just like throw compliment out for no reason hoping to get on someones good side." She spat continuing on angrily "Can you even tell the difference between two colors, or maybe you just to preoccupied in your own world"

Fear flickered over Mokus eye momentarily not of this women before him but from his mistake "My apologies Sandra, your right I must have not been paying enough attention , I'll try an do better next time" He nodded excusing himself from the conversation quickly finding a seat at the back a strong drink in hand he stared down into the grayed out amber liquid in front of him taking another swig.

Yousei understood this much and nodded in confirmation of the fact. You play into their hands and they will want more and more out of you. You give reporters one thing and they will want more to make it seem like anything can happen. Yousei stood at the others side for the evening, seeing so many publishers in one place. No matter what, he would have stayed by the others size.

Yousei was confused for a moment when the other had said a women had a nice black dress on. But..that was not the color. Was he trying to hide color blindness? "I'm sorry miss" He apologized for him as well and went to go find him. He found the other in the back, drink in hand. He held one of his own, sitting down beside the other. "Hey, are you feeling okay?" He asked quietly as to try and not draw too much attention. "We can say I fell ill if you need to leave.." she tried to offer some form of help.

"i'm fine!" he snapped at the other downing his drink , ordering another quickly downing that as well.

"let just get out of here, tell them what they need to hear i'm done with this event" he spoke sharply as he stood paying and leaving the other behind to either sit there or catch up. He mumbled profanity under his breath allowing the other catch up before he got into there ride , he sat quietly absorbed in his own thoughts I was hoping for a bit longer, I was hoping this curse wouldn't consume me this fast his eyes shut sadly I'll have to finish that book sooner that I thought, I also have that appointment to attend tomorrow "fuck" he mumbled as they arrived at the house as he approached the front door he could feel the other mans eyes on him. He knew he turned around he would probably see what he saw and every other assistant eyes either fear or worry and he just wasn't in the mood for it this evening

"If you have something to say, say it." he stated in his best calm voice steadying himself against the door.

He must not be feeling well..Yousei thought and tried not to take it too personally. He said his goodbyes to anyone who addressed them or tried to, following the other into their ride home. It seemed he was very drunk or at least getting there at the brink of being drunk. He remained quiet for the entire ride home, stepping out of their ride.

It was silent until the other looked toward him, steadying himself against the door. Say it? "You need rest or some food in your stomach. Not sure how to treat hangovers or whatever it is you have. If you're exhausted, you can rest. I can always cook or order something since I'm not sure if you are yet" He asked, not sure what was going on with the other being drunk. But he did want to help and feel useful.

Moku stayed quiet for a moment collecting himself as he unlocked the door, he looked at the other softly and let out a sigh. "If you can cook i'd welcome it right now" he lead the other into the open kitchen where he quickly bench style seat to lay . He started up at the ceiling wondering if the other was even good at cooking, as a light throb of pain began to tick in the back of his head. He rolled onto his side looking at a bowl of fruit on the table, he grabbed an apple holding it up "yousei what do you see when you look at this" he said gesturing towards the piece of fruit. "Don't just say it an apple describe it to me" he said with a hic covering his eyes with his arm.

"I'll try to cook with whatever you have in the fridge" Yousei smiled as he went toward the kitchen. He was hoping that the other had a decent amount of food in the fridge to whip up something. Before he even started, he heard Moku ask him something. He turned and saw Moku had asked him to say what he saw in an apple. But it was not with just what it was, bu t with words. He was not sure what this all meant but he obliged the others request.

"An apple is the beginning of all things, a symbol of so much. In its basic premise, it is a soft fleshy fruit filled with sweet nectar encased in a soft red peel." Yousei started off before he continued. "There's the Adam's apple and the apple of my eye. The apple is perfection, the apple is a connection between people, even if in insult. An apple is an ebodiment of beauty in a fruit" He finally finished as he then turned to survey what he had in the kitchen.

Moku twirled the apples in his hand " an elegant description I must say" mumbling softly to himself , "soft red peel" . He stood up walking over to a cabinet pulling out a bottle rum pouring himself a glass. Another glass, another swig, another drink to numb everything down. Even if it was just for a short while , he couldn't tell the boy he barley knew in front of him that to him the apple simply looked grey. Lifeless and still, as if he was an and old time movie before the invention of colored t.v. But at least grey was still a color he could see still something to hold onto, how long had this been going on now month, years, had it always been like this without him noticing. Another hic escaped Moku's lips as he returned to his bench seat awaiting whatever it was yousei would be making.

"I hope that's a good thing but thank you" Yousei was happy how he described it himself. Hmm..nothing too fancy and he had enough ingredients to make a basic stew. He started cooking some meat on the stovetop as he chopped vegetables. Yousei didn't judge the others drinking habits as he continued to cook and prepare the meal. Yousei made it thicker so it would be easier to eat in case of shaky hands. He searched for a bowl and spoon, setting it beside the other and staying there. "It's a stew, some basics meats and vegetables, I don't know what you like" He shrugged as he saw all the remnants of his drinks.

Moku let one of the few and apart genuine smiles cross his lips , whether it be because of the meal, or because of the alcohol it was real. "It's perfect" he slurred slightly as he dug into his meal , eating slowly. "We have an appointment tomorrow for the doctor *hic* I'll need you to drive I assume based on my current state" he laughed with a soft chuckle as he continued eating until there was nothing but a drop left . He brought his dishes to the sink with a sway as he rinsed them setting them aside to be cleaned later. He grabbed the other by the sleeve suddenly dragging him along "come this way I want to show you something" he said leading the other through the house, into his room.

He stopped momentarily here and there steadying himself against a wall before making his way to the back of his room a set of long curtain that appeared to hide another widow. Moku pulled them aside revealing a large expanse of beck deck fit with chairs and a small fire place. Venturing into the cold night he half haphazardly started a fire threatening to fall over it once or twice and he laid down along the smooth wood of the deck looking at the night sky. His house was just far enough from town that much of light pollution did not reach him revealing a crystal clear night skys, stars shining bright in the great expanse of midnight blue. He patted a spot next to him "I love the night sky no matter how much I lose...." he mumbled "the stars still shine the same way"

"Of course, just give me the address another time or later tonight" Yousei said as he was happy to see the other eating and taking care of himself. It looked like he was at least enjoying the meal from the way he ate it. The swaying bough worries him and glad he chose to live here. He wanted to keep an eye on the other so he didn't accidentally injure himself.

He wasn't staying still long as he was suddenly was pulled toward another part of the house. "Where are we going?" Yousei asked confused as his sleeve was tugged toward another room. Soon, Yousei found himself with the other on a back deck, the star filled night sky only accompanied by the glow of the fire place. "It really is beautiful..It's nice to see he stars" Yousei smiled softly as he looked up into the sky. Beautiful..He always loved to look at the stars. He looked back toward the other, wondering if he just wanted to show him the nice view to distract him about the doctor.

Moku sighed contently looking up at the evening sky , he rose a single hand pointing to various constellation naming each one off. "Aquarius. Aquila, the Eagle. Aries, the Ram, Boötes, the Herdsman. Cancer, the Crab. Canis Major, the Great Dog" He sat up on his elbows slowly "They will always be there be it light or dark, even if you can't see them you know they are there" . He tried placing a hand on the ground to push himself back up to standing position, but quickly realized he was unable to do such without falling and making a fool of himself. He looked at the ground and shook his head " I think i'll need some help making it to the bed tonight" he held a hand out to the other "do you mind?"

Yousei watched silently as each constellation was pointed to. He never could get into remembering all of the names..He did not even know half of the names he rattled off. The only one he really knew for sure was The Big Dipper! It felt so magical that things so far away had names, and could never change in their lifetimes. He heard Moku speak up, hearing that he would have trouble getting up and needed help. "Of course" Yousei said as he took the others hand in his and helped him up. He let himself be guided toward the others room, keeping the other as steady as possible along the way.

Moku with the assistance of the other made his way to his bed threatening to take them both down to the ground more than once. As they made fully into the bedroom is when he finally let go of trying to stand steady falling towards his bed but forgetting to let go of the other while doing so . He dragged himself and the younger man before him on to the bed . His head colliding against the other made him groan in pain as he closed his eyes, opening them weakly sleep beginning to drag him back to his vivid landscape. "your eyes" he whispered softly to the other hand touching the other cheek "they look like stars" he mumbled softly his eyes closing as he passed out.