Video Installation Guide for Silver Chaos + Upgrade + English Patch

Rei

@unseenstars You need bittorrent or utorrent to download the file. Once you've got one of them installed, open the torrent in that program and it will download the files.

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• chiakaiyuki

• Minku

• mewkiki11

help please! when I try to install the 1.2 glitch patch the extracting window pops up for some mere seconds disappears then nothing else pops up, such as the turquoise screen in the video. i had no windows open and had the unicode thing ... :\ how do i fix this please!

Edit: Ah nevermind it works now... I deleted the open avi first then did the 1.2 patch and it worked O_O ;. But now I keep getting the MainSystem .error?? Even though I already deleted it... Wait did we have to delete the open avi. after the 1.2 and sc ?

@Siyome: do you mean the 1.2 patch or the english patch? can you explain a little more? Do you mean that it pops up and is progressing then shuts down or does it pop up then closes without any warning?

If it's the 1.2 patch, try placing it in the same folder that you installed the game in and then open it. Same if it's the english patch.

After I have the game installed and the 1.2 patch installed then the english patch, i start playing it, and then after like minutes it says system error or something and then closes D:

• 3 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

try deleting the open.avi. Have you checked the video I made (the first post in this thread)? I explained how to solve the mainsystem.exe error :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

make sure the patch is in the same folder where you installed the game.

• 3 weeks later...

why is it so hard to install a game, i just want it an not more, but your guide is very usefull, but im trying to dawnload it but it wont load,

Well I finally got the game installed, but I can't get the patch1.2 to work. I put it in the folder where I installed the game, but it extracts the files into the folder and then quits. And I know it's not working right, cuz the english patch says I haven't installed the patch1.2. I'm at a loss as to what to do! rabbit11

• 2 weeks later...

I deleted the open.avi and set it to the japanese languge for it but the error keeps popping up.

Got the open.avi deleted and was able to change my language settings but, it still won't install. When I go through the motions of installation, I get a message saying something about the installation with an exclamation. Help?

Edit...again!: So, I was able to get it installed and now my problem is the 1.2 glitch patch. Even after deleting the open.avi, the glitch patch doesn't install.

Final edit?: I was successfully able to install the patch! after closing all background programs that I wasn't even aware were running, and closing my browser, the installation for the glitch patch popped up. Have yet to test the game but for people having trouble with installation and the glitch patch:

1.Make sure you have your language settings on your computer changed.

2.Before installation, make sure ALL programs, including background ones and your browser, are CLOSED.

3.Delete the open.avi

4.Once these have ALL been completed, install the game, install the glitch patch, install the English version. This took me several times with a trial and error system but it is possible so be very meticulous in your downloading and installing, friends!

.....Edit: I spoke too soon....:Red_fox6: I got the mainsystem error even though that open.avi file has been deleted. WUT DO? :6onion72: I guess I'll play the japanese version until I figure it out. I'm taking up so much space, I'm so sorry.

kay so im trying to run the patch 1.2 but it wont like open like it does that really quick file thingy but it wont go through the rest of it.

yeah I have the same issue as saekree it's odd the first time I did it though it worked fine, but then just froze. So I deleted everything and tried again and now i'm stuck at that spot. Anyone wanna take over my computer to get this to work? I won't mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much Eternal_Summer! I closed all my programs which were running and the patch 1.2 now run correctly! :) And I success installing the english patch!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm sorry but I deleted open.avi and I'm still getting the main.exe error. Every now and then I get it right when I open the game (about twice ) and most of the time it's at the same time it stopped for you in the video. I hope someone can help.Thanks.

By the way, everything is working just fine, the english patch, the installation, and (well i'm not sure what the 1.2 patch is for but it installs just fine).

For some reason, the glitch patch thing, it didn't pop up a window like yours. o.o And it says I have to install the v1.2 patch of silver chaos. >.

In the folder showed a Full Instructions.txt icon thing, on the very bottom it said Hacking the game to unlock all cg's do you think you can make a tutorial of it? I don't understand it. :I