Video Installation Guide for Silver Chaos + Upgrade + English Patch

Rei

did you install the game correctly? Did you choose the second option from thr drop-down menu in the beginning of the installation?

also make sure the game and the 2 patches are located in the same folder (like you see in the video).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rei

• chiakaiyuki

• Minku

• mewkiki11

when i went to install the game. i did everything in the video it just came up with a weird error message.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

please help!

when i went to install the game. i did everything in the video it just came up with a weird error message.

please help!

@ mewkiki11

first install the Japanese pack for non-unicode programs please. Check

if you are having troubles installing it. :)

Just throwing this out there for the people who were having problems with the 1.2 patch:

I was able to extract it but I couldn't get the installer to auto-run. I re-downloaded it, clicked on it at least 20 times, got frustrated and decided to get the Japanese language thing again and try again later. Well, when I was closing all my programs down for the restart, then I got 20 pop-ups for the installer. xD So maybe try closing down all your programs? And make sure to have the Japanese non-unicode thing done too. (I have windows 7 by the way).

EDIT: If you use Windows 7, you should also run it in compatibility mode.

This problem keeps on occuring:

Is it possible to fix it?

I know something like this occured in an earlier post, but my computer definately recognises Japanese.

EDIT: Ok, restarted my computer and now that doesn't happen anymore.

Now this happens:

Uploaded with

T_T Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so i have a problem the windows that pop up for 1.2 patch aren't popping up for me so i cant click next and next to finish installing it. what do i do D:

also ive tried what you've said to do in all the previous posts ive kept re downloading and i have them in the same folder but still no luck, i even changed to japanese and rebooted.

when i start it the game starts but no image and errors out after also i go to the patch i cant touch anything and it stops i cant even extract and install the patch and glitch it it seems anything i do i have fixed my problems but this problem just wont fix and i call my self a smarty pants in fixing computers im good not that good lol and dang heat and its frustarting please help me i really wanna play with it

@ animesousasuke

loool I can't understand anything :)) what error do you get? did you manage to install the game but not the patch?

silverchaos.png

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't seem to get the top left button to be clickable. :/

It's just shaded grey and I can't figure it out.

@ AlexLovett

it looks like you have it installed already, since the "uninstall" button is clickable, maybe the installation wasn't complete...

click on the button under the greyed one (2nd button on the left) and that will uninstall the game, then try again.

• Like 1

Um...I'm not to sure what application i'm suppose to use to open the file for Silver Chaos, I tried using Archive Manger but, it doesn't work. So what should I use?

@ Yaoi of Insanity

I don't really understand your question. did you download the game? if you did you should have a folder called 'silver chaos - all files' and from there you just have to follow the guide, there is no additional software needed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Now I have another problem. I keep getting the main system error. I already followed the guide and deleted the open avi but the error still pops out.

I have already changed the system locale to japanese

I have the same problem, and when i start the game with the locale set to japanese, ( the little JP at the taskbar) it crashes as soon as it opens, but when its set to English then it lets me see the first few text boxes then crashes

EDIT:

I fixed it !

turns out I have 2 folders with the game, one where I downloaded it to my documents and the other titled Vividcolor, I deleted the open.avi there as well and now it works!