Old Friends, Older Secrets(yellow&pigeon [+18])

YellowPerch

It was late afternoon as Kenta, otherwise known to many of his friends and coworkers as Ken, was stumbling along in his work. The night prior, Ken had been invited by old high school teammates from his baseball team to go out drinking. He didn't think much of it at first. To have one or two drinks wouldn't bother him. He'd be able to get back home, fall asleep and get up in time for work. However, he found out a little too late what it meant to go drinking with this specific group. Ken had already had his two drinks by the time the group decided to change venues and go to a new bar. Unable to escape, Ken was forced into another bout of drinking. This continued on for another three bars before no one was able to continue. While some passed out a the bar and had to have someone call for a cab, others carpooled together, apparently still able to drive. Ken was one who needed a ride from a cab. And at three in the morning returned home in time to catch six hours of sleep. In the end he was three hours late for work and woke up with the worse hangover he had ever had.

Despite the cloudiness of the day the morning rain brought, he still wore sunglasses. He even wore them inside the shop, which was much more darker then the front lobby. At times he found himself dosing off while his coworkers snickered at him from afar. He an array of oil changes to do today and had only managed to finish off two cars. Which on a good day he'd find himself five cars in. On a better day he'd be done and helping with other maintenance jobs with the others or out delivering parts to other shops. Ken cursed himself quietly and swore he'd never go drinking with that group again. Unless he didn't have plans for the following day. Then suddenly Ken let put a cuss when he accidentally spilt oil on himself in a failed attempt to move out of the way in time. "Shit. This is becoming one hell of a day?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YellowPerch

• Kotorichan

As soon as classes were done Matt made his way to the auto-shop where his best friend worked. It was sort of his routine, partially because he had nothing else he wanted to do with his spare time. He always felt a little weird about parking his fancy car on the streets of the area, although his family had enough money that it wouldn't matter if it got stolen. It just felt a bit like he was showing off...

He let out a soft sigh and walked over to the shop, glancing around for his friend. "Keeen? Are you in there somewhere?" He called out. Even if Ken wasn't done with work he still wanted to sit around and watch the other man work. Mat really just wanted to spend as much time as possible with him. Someday Matt wouldn't be able to spend so much time just doing whatever he wanted, so he had to take advantage of the time he had now.

Ken was out in the back trying to clean off some of the oil that he got drenched in. He was used to the smell by now. But it would take months maybe even longer for the smell to just linger on his clothes. As for his skin, well, he'd probably have to take several showers in on day never mind a whole week in order to take the smell out. Ken was an odd ball like that. In working in an auto shop you wouldn't think he would mind the smell. And although he didn't, he still hated smelling like oil and letting it linger into his own odor. Although, the guys at the shop said it made him much more manlier. Of course, they could have just been teasing him.

When Matt called out to Ken from the front of the shop he gave a slight surprised jump. He knew his friend was going to show up sometime today, like he did almost everyday. But he wasn't expecting him to show up at that very moment. Thinking he couldn't get anymore of the oil off unless he bathed in holy water for a month, Ken went up front to greet his friend. With a large smile and a two fingered wave he called out. "Yo! Ain't ya a little early?" Ken came to a stop just a few steps away from Matt.

"You know I don't have anything better to do" Matt laughed, stepping up and ruffling his friend's hair. "Looks like you had a little accident, should I go buy you a bib?" He teased playfully. It was fairly rate for Matt to see that Ken had spilled over himself, but he knew that the other man hated having the smell all over him.

His gaze wandered over Ken's face, his smile turning to a frown. "Hey... What happened? You look like shit" He reached in and lifted the sunglasses away, examining his face for any bruises. The first thing his mind had gone to was that Ken got into his a fight, and Matt would not let anyone get away with hurting his best friend.

Ken let out a snort of a laugh at Matt's cheerful greeting. But that soon leveled out at the others sudden trade and playful ruffle of his hair. Well okay, the ruffling of his hair made him grin but the teasing sure had him going. Matt stood a good three inches over Ken, so it was easier for the other to tease him like so. But it wasn't like Ken hated it. In fact, the small gestures Matt did made Ken feel like they really did have a closer bond then when they had first met. "Shut it. I wasn't paying attention is all." Ken removed Matt's hand from his head before the ruffling continued and his hair was messed up anymore.

What surprised Ken at that moment was when Matt suddenly frowned and mentioned his utterly horrific look. Besides the oil spill. But before Ken could say anything Matt had reached for the sunglasses he and removed them from his pale face. Ken squinted in the new light and clicked his tongue at the sudden pain in his head. Ken's face was pale, like he hadn't slept in two days, dark heavy bags rested under his eyes to back the claim up. But it wasn't like he wasn't getting enough sleep. Sure he had some late nights but nothing that would bother him like so. No, the night spent drinking was the only thing taking a toll on him. "I'm fine. I just....drank too much last night."

"You're such an idiot sometimes..." Matt sighed and put the glasses back on his friend's face. "When do you get off? I'm taking you back to my place so you can take a nap without anyone bugging you. You're not allowed to refuse" He pulled back a bit with a stubborn frown. It always worried him to see Ken not taking care of himself, and Matt would do whatever it took to take care of his friend. Even if that meant picking him up and carrying him to a quiet room where he'd lock his friend away until he got some rest.

"I'm not that much of an idiot." Ken announced as he crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes closed instinctively when Matt put the glasses back on Ken's face. Not that he was expecting to be stabbed in the eye by one of the arms, but you know. He felt Matt's hand leave and Ken opened his eyes to answer his friends question. Not first before looking at the wall clock. "My shift ends in another three hours...." Ken sighed. "But I'm still five cars behind. So I might be a little later."

"Three hours...? That's way too long..." Matt shook his head, trying to push the thoughts away. "I'll go get you some food and coffee. I'd offer to help you but I'd just make more work for you" He chuckled softly at his own ineptitude, he really didn't know anything about car maintenance despite being such close friends with Ken. "What do you want to eat? I'll get whatever you, don't worry about location or price." He always pushed Ken to let Matt treat him to food and clothes.

Ken sighed again and cocked his head to the side to emphasize his distraught just the same. "I swear I am never drinking with those guys again." Ken went to scratch the back of his head again when Matt announced getting him some food. He shook his head. "No way man, you got food for me last time. Don't you think it's about time I treated you for once? I mean your always helping me." Not that Ken didn't appreciate his friend's kindness, but he didn't want the other to always be buying him food. Although, treating him to food tonight wasn't going to happen due to the awful smell of oil lingering on him, clothes and all.

"No way, if you're not gonna let me just give you money then I'm not gonna let you treat me to anything" Matthew said firmly. "You're like my cute little brother, so I'm going to pamper and take care of you" He lightly ruffled Ken's hair again. "So just sit back and relax while we're hanging out"

Little brother wasn't exactly how he saw Ken, but it was all he could really say. "Anyway, I'll just get you a few options, text me if you decide on something specific" He gave a little half wave and turned to leave.

Ken had no way of refusing Matt after that. When the guy wanted to do something for someone, then there really was no stopping him. Ken felt his hair ruffled again and laughed out and his friends sudden want to touch his head so much today. He was used to them, but he'd never ruffle his more then once in one moment. But Ken liked it, made him feel like their friendship would last, at least for a little while longer.

The hand left his head and Ken stood watching the back of his friend as he walked away. Not first before calling back about texting him. Ken waved back, "yeah sure." He watched Matt leave until he turned the corner and sighed. There was no need to text him at all. Matt always said that, but he knew exactly what type of food Ken liked. He always brought back something good. "Well then!" He said said and clapped his hands. "Back to work to finish these damn cars."

Matt came back a little less than an hour later with a bag of sandwiches from Ken's favorite place as well as a couple sodas. He stepped into the auto shop and looked around. "Keen~ I brought lunch" He called out, heading towards the employee's break room. He knew that customers weren't supposed to go back there, but he never paid attention to the rules. He had been friends with the other man for far too long to worry about things like that.

Ken was finishing up his fourth to last car. He had three more to work on. To be honest he had figured he wouldn't finish in time, but the sudden arrival of his friend and the promise of food made him want to finish faster. By the time his three last cars ended and he filed what paperwork he had would be the end of his shift. Before he could start on his next car a sing song voice calling out to him and then disappearing into the break room filled the garage. Ken let out a snort of laughter and headed for the break room. He deserved a small break, plus he hadn't had one at all today. He left his cars waiting and went to the break room instantly being hit by the smell of his food. "Man that smells good."

Matt was texting someone when Ken came in, but he quickly put his phone down and smiled up at his friend. "Hey, you made it." He took the sandwiches out of the bag, they were both wrapped in paper and marked with what type they were. Both were ones Ken liked. "You can choose whichever one you want, same with the soda" He leaned on the table. "How're the cars coming along? Think you'll be done soon?"

Ken couldn't help but return his friends smile. It was practically contagious. He sat down at the seat next to him, ignoring the fact he hid his phone away as he came into the room. "Of course I made it. There's no way I'd be missing a chance for some good food." He really didn't like that Matt was always buying him food and he barely ever repaid the other for it. But he was always glad and content to be eating something. Ken reached for the fatter of the two sandwiches, a BLT made with two chicken breasts rather then hamburger meat, and some mayonnaise thrown on with some ketchup. He was laughed at constantly for the condiment duo, but he liked the way it tasted. Ken swallowed his first bite before answering Matt. I've got three more cars left and some paperwork to file in the office. But I should be done pretty soon." He let a toothy grin graze his features. "Your food saved me from my slump."

"Good, if you don't get out of that slump then I'll be waiting around here all day" Matt opened up the other sandwich and started eating. "Do you want to go back to my place and watch a movie after you're done? It might help you relax, and that way I can make sure you don't go get drunk again" He chuckled softly. It was always risky to invite Ken over to his place, sometimes things could happen at his house that might give away his secret.

Ken took another bite of his sandwich, this bite bigger then the last. So when Matt decided to speak up again, Ken's cheeks were puffed out with food. He had to swallow again before he could talk. "Man I tell ya. I don't get drunk that quickly. But the other guys made me drink so much I just couldn't help it." He took another bite, mayonnaise sticking to the corner of his mouth unnoticed. "Movie sounds great man. I think after the day I've had it would be great to wind down a bit." Though he still wore his sunglasses, his headache was starting to lighten up. By the time he got out of work, it should be nearly gone.

"Good, you can just sleep over too" Matt picked up a napkin and gently wiped the other's mouth. "You sound like you're still in high school, giving in to peer pressure like that." He chuckled softly. "Just don't go out drinking with those guys again, I don't want you waking up in a gutter somewhere." He took a big bite from his own sandwich and chewed slowly. His gaze stayed on Ken's face, his friend was just so cute... Matt really wanted to just lean in and kiss the other man. He quickly looked down at his food, trying to refocus himself.

"Great! Sounds good to me." Ken always liked hanging out with his friend. Better yet enjoyed getting to sleep at the others house. It was always better staying with some one then going back home to an empty apartment. Ken blinked when the other wiped at his mouth. It wasn't the first time, but it was always a surprise to Ken. But he'd never tell his friend to stop. In fact, he depending on the other for things a little too much. Ken grinned at the other before Matt mentioned drinking. "Ah, well, I don't normally drink that much. It looks like something good happened to they were all a little too excited this time around." He rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand before going back to eating the rest of his sandwich, oblivious to his friends situation.

"Just like I said, giving in to peer pressure" Matt looked up at him again, grinning. "I really need to keep a closer eye on you, you little trouble maker" He chuckled softly and finished his sandwich. "So, how much longer do you think you'll take? I should probably find somewhere to work on homework until you're done with work. Otherwise I'll just bug you and make you take even longer" He knew himself well enough to know that he couldn't resist talking to his friend whenever he was around.

Ken sighed heavily. Was he really that easy to give in? "Next time, I'll make sure I don't have work the next day." He ate the last bite of his sandwich and crumpled up the wrapper he used as a plate. "Hmm, I'm nearly done actually. You helped me speed up the process." Ken grinned as he reached for his sunglasses. Slowly he pulled them off and began blinking rapidly against the light. But soon he calmed down and his eyes adjusted. His headache wasn't completely gone, but it was enough. He always had a tendency to heal quickly. "Ah, you can use my desk out in the shop. Other then that it's in here. Which, if you need some quiet is your best option, but..." his desk was a small table he used for all his paperwork. He was the one who usually dealt with the customers so they gave the table to him to look more "professional" so they said.

"Nah, I don't need it to be quiet. My classes right now are really easy so homework is just annoying and time consuming." Matt quickly cleaned up the space and then gathered his things. He'd have to make sure that nothing was happening at his parent's place. He still lived with them due to the family business, but he always told Ken that it was just for convenience since it was close to his school. If there was anyone coming over though he might have to cancel their plans.

"Yeah, alright." He smiled at his friend as he too cleaned up his space and threw out his trash. "Then I'll go clean off my desk a bit. It's kind of messy." He wasn't going to rush Matt. So he left him behind while he quickly left to clean a spot. Once done he turned to find his friend already waiting for him. "Go ahead. I'll be done soon enough." He pointed behind him with his thumb at the remaining cars. By this time some of the other workers were cleaning up, he was sure that he'd be the last to go but at least he was faster now.

"That's fine" Matt smiled and went to sit down at his friend's desk. He kept himself busy with homework while the other worked. By the time Ken finished his work Matt had also finished his homework and was texting his father. He looked up and smiled brightly. "Hey, all finished?"

Ken really was glad Matt had come to visit. And luckily he came so often and he never bothered the other, the Ken's other coworkers never minded his visits. Ken always seemed to work faster with Matt there. Perhaps it was because he never wanted to keep his friend waiting, but his jobs always finished quicker. Just as he was finishing up a car he noticed Matt had finished up his own homework. The car lowered back to the ground and Ken came walking over wiping the extra oil off his hands. "Just about. Have to file some reports then I'm done." He grabbed an extra seat from beside his desk and pulled it beside Matt in a backwards position. Then Ken sat on it with the back of the chair to his chest. He grabbed a pen and started working on the papers right away. One for each car he did. He only had to fill out a few of them, since he did the others already.