A Blog section?

cruciatus

This may sound troublesome but I was wondering if we could have a personal blog section here on YO?

I think it would be a great way for members to interact with each other on a personal level and at the same time, meet new people and widen their circle.

Unlike profile pages and individual threads like Say anything or what're you feeling, a blog would be a more cohesive way for members to express their opinions, share their thoughts, review Yaoi mangas, animes, games etc or just to plain fangirl, in such a way that it doesn't feel like you're shooting in the dark or talking to yourself with no one giving zero f*cks. (Like I usually notice happening on above mentioned threads)

You may ask why a blog section here when there're so many blogging platforms out there?

Well, I think YO is a pretty close-knit community of like-minded people, so if anyone wants to talk about BL, they're more likely to get a response here than out there. Also, since we are members only, there's a certain level of comfort, and safety from trolls and haters etc.

This is just an idea (probably not very well thought out) so I'd like to know what others think.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• cruciatus

• Rebel Heart

Top Posters In This Topic

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

We didn't have the Built-in Blogs bought from the start and since they released vBulletin 5 (we use vBulletin 4), they don't sell it individually, meaning we should buy a new vBulletin to obtain the Built-in Blogs, which would cost $249 and at the moment we can't afford that, we can barely cover the monthly server costs.

(

you can see vBulletin's offer).

---Update: I thought about opening a new section on the forum, but after giving it some thinking, that won't be a personal blog anymore, cause members would comment as in any thread. It will be no different from Say Whatever.

---Update 2: I will open a poll so members can decide.

Of course, I wouldn't want something to burden you guys so this way is fine by me. Starting with a simple and familiar interface is best. ^_^

Yes, a poll will tell us if people are actually interested in doing it so please go ahead and set one up.

I was wondering if there was a way to fetch something like tumblr into the forum, so you can see the updates but you yourself don't need to buy it, just implant it in a way that it is possible.

The voting ended and the new section,

, was created, under Non-Yaoi talk. Please, everyone creating a blog, read and respect the