Captivity (WolfxPigeon) (Private)

WolfDog12

Danny could tell it was food right from the smell and to have it piled out and eaten by the other, well it pissed him off. The dark mer slapped the ground and let out a loud growl in protest. He wanted that food and because he wanted it, it was being claimed as his. He crawled right over to Kai snapping at him to back off so he could eat it. Why should he have to share? It wasn't like sharing was a concept of the sea. Danny was ready to attack Kai again should he take any more of his food. Very food aggressive. Though, it was pretty normal.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• Kotorichan

Kai tried not to laugh at the mer's reaction. He felt so completely relieved to see the creature get aggressive over food. It was a clear sign that the merman wanted to eat. He stood up and backed away from the pile of food and to his bags. He fished out a bottle of drinking water and used it to clean the taste of raw fish out of his mouth.

Once Kai was safely away, Danny dug into the food. He made sure to create a wall with his body to keep the other away from what was his. He managed to eat every last bit without touching what Kai had taken from. Of course, he then continued his search for food sniffing around. Sadly, they didn't have anything else to offer the Mer who seemed quite upset by the thought of it. He was still hungry.

Kai watched the merman sniff around. He briefly considered feeding him part of his own body. But if anyone saw it would cause problems, and if the mer got used to eating what looked like a human then it could be even more of a problem. Kai could grow back limbs, but it wasn't good for him to lose them.

Once the mer found no more food was being offered, he had no reason to listen anymore and simply made his way back to the pool. He tried to get into the main pool but couldn't due to the fence. He let out a loud howl of dislike before eventually returning to the shallow pool and resting there. It wasn't like he couldn't go a whole night outside of the water, but there was a very comfortable cave in the reef below that he liked to rest in.

Kai frowned and watched as the merman tried to get into his tank. It must be terrible for the poor creature to be kept out of the deep water. "Don't worry... You'll be able to go back into the deep water soon" He pulled a notebook out of his bag and started to make notes and plans for what to do from this point on.

The mer let out a deep hiss from his throat as he heard the voice of the human... or not so human human... whatever he was... Danny curled up in the shallow water and placed his head on his arms for some rest. However, this time, he refused to go to sleep with the other right there watching him. After all, the mer couldn't just dive deep into the water and hide in a cave for the time. He had to put up with waiting out Kai.

Kai finished writing his notes before bringing out his sleeping bag and spreading it out. He changed into clean clothes and slipped into the sleeping bag. He yawned softly and looked over at the merman. "Good night..." He smiled and closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep due to his extreme exhaustion.

Danny huffed irritably at the other's voice once more and just remained in the puddle without going to sleep. He may rest his head but any movement and his ears were up and listening. The mer was not happy about his situation and wanted to return home now. Danny wasn't about to get any rest with humans constantly moving towards the door and waiting to hear something. When nothing came, they finally left for the time.

Kai slept peacefully, making no other noises throughout the night. He woke up early in the morning and slowly sat up. He blinked sleepily as he looked around for the merman. If he was able to get the other to eat more today then he would try to convince the owner to let him into the larger tank.

Danny made sure the other knew he was still there letting out another deep hiss to warn him to stay back.The mer hadn't slept a wink so was due for a good rest. However, he was not about to get that right away. That day, later and closer to noon, a huge amount of dead fish, frozen and canned, even some fresh fish was all brought in specifically with the mer in mind. The creature liked the sight of the pile of food. He wanted to devour it all. One look and he was claiming it as his. Danny got closer but at the owner added to the pile, he growled and moved away from it refusing the meal.

Kai frowned as he noticed the merman refused the food once the owner added to the pile. He stood up and walked towards the food. He pretended that he wasn't paying attention to the mer and was about to claim all the food for himself. He needed to find out if the owner had done something to hurt the merman.

Danny slapped the water the way he slapped the ground yesterday showing his protest. He did not like this one bit. The mer wanted to be able to eat but he wouldn't accept any food from the owner or his workers. Yet, if he didn't, it would be taken by this guy who seemed determined to push the creature, test him. Danny didn't like that one bit. He let out a low growl not wanting his food to be eaten this time as well.

Kai looked over at the merman. He sat down next to the pile and picked up a handful of canned fish. He slapped his hand on the ground, imitating the way the merman had slapped the ground. He knew he was provoking the mer, but right now the most important thing was to get him to start eating.

Danny raised his sail and his fins again letting off a vicious growl. He mover closer trying to get within strike range. His range was quite a bit shorter on land but could still manage. The mer hissed as he hit his hand to the ground again. He had claimed that food as his own.

Kai stood back up and meekly backed away from the pile. He carefully kept out of range of the merman's attack, he really didn't want to get injuired. If anything happened to him then the employees might interfere and make things worse. He moved back over to his bags and sat down next to them so the mer could eat.

Danny sifted through the food simply pushing the last piece that the owner touched out of his way before digging into the pile and starting to eat. He managed to eat everything, breaking into the cans and clawing away the gross packaging. Finally finishing, the mer let out a satisfied sigh and glared over at the other again. Why was he still here if he didn't have anything else to offer?

Kai wasn't even watching the merman, he was just writing in his notebook. He needed to find out what the employees did to the mer. If there was just one employee who was willing to tell him everything that had happen... He stood up and walked towards the door, staying out of the merman's range.

The mer stared and just watched as the stranger wrote in his notebook before getting up and walking out. He watched and yet the man didn't make any kind of eye contact. As he did, Danny managed to stay there relaxed for now and began to focus on other things. For example, the things that Kai had left behind. The mer made his way over curiously and sniffed at the stuff, moved closer, sniffed, and before he knew it, Danny was already looking through the things.

Kai's bags were mostly just filled with clothes. He had left his phone, which was in a sturdy waterproof case, as well as a couple notebooks and a large package of foil origami papers.

While the merman searched through his bags, Kai managed to find the employee who had hit the mer with a broom the previous day. "Excuse me?" He called out, hurrying towards the man.

The man jumped a little but looked back. "Y-yes?" he asked knowing he did wrong with hitting the mer but what else was he suppose to do? Danny on the other hand was pulling out the paper from before and moved back over to the already folded origami. Studying the folded piece, the dark mer started to try and fold the paper to replicate the other ones. Of course, all he made was confetti, or slightly folded messes.

"First of all I wanted to apologize for yelling at you yesterday... I know that you were just trying to help, and I probably would have lost my arm if you hadn't helped" Kai gave him a gentle smile. "I just didn't want him to get hurt." He sighed softly and brushed his hair back out of his face. "I did want to ask you for some help... If you don't mind"

"Ya, sorry I did hurt him and I hope you're ok. I hope both of you are alright." The worker was clearly nervous. "So, what can I do for you? I'd like to help if I can.... I promise I won't pick up another broom."

"I really just had a couple questions..." Kai chewed his lip for a moment. "The merman seems to be scared to eat anything that the owner gave him... I wanted to know if there was anything that the owner, or really that any of you did that might have made him distrust you... I won't judge any of you for what might of happened. I really just want to help"

"I'm sorry, I wish I could help but we really haven't done anything. He just refuses everything.... He'll look at stuff that some of the other employees put in there but for some reason, he has some kind of dark resentment for the owner because he won't even give it a second look. No one knows why because he's always so kind to the creature but the mermaid just down right hates him... I really wish we could understand why..."