Warmth in the Ice [Private, 18+] [SapphireD910 & InkcompleteWish]

SapphireD910

Name: Dante Hill

Hair: Black

Eyes: Green

Height: 5'10"

Dante felt the chill, despite pressing himself as close to the campfire as he could without catching on fire himself. He couldn’t remember the last time he felt satisfaction in warmth even though he could sense the occasional lick of the flames, he felt mostly numb at this point. He missed, probably most of all, the feel of lying in a sunspot, the sheer light bringing warmth that could burn and yet sooth the skin. Being a person who spent a lot of his work and free time outside, he wasn’t a stranger to the outdoors and the harsh treatment of the elements, but two years had gone by and nothing changed except slowly more and more people withered away. In the biting cold there were those that couldn’t survive, those that fell ill, and those that went crazy. He didn’t think himself immune to any of those possibilities, only time would tell which one took him.

Looking back, Dante wondered if this weren’t some form of rapture and those that were taken early with the ‘Millennial Plague’ as some started calling it, weren’t actually the lucky ones, the ones truly being spared. The rest of them had to suffer to survive and if all surviving was now was suffering, what was the point?

Looking across the fire at one of the other men in the camp, Dante wondered if that’s what he did wrong? Things had changed so much, he thought for the better, but the last few years pushed him back into his upbringing and the cruel joke of his name. Was he actually being punished, was he in his own circle of hell? Did the longing to touch another man bring this on him? He’d never used anyone. He’d never been cruel, at least not intentionally. Though some were around longer than others, he’d developed feelings before taking any of them to bed. In life he thought himself a decent person who worked hard and tried to do something with his life. So what was it, what else could it be, that he was here, cold, needing companionship, but too afraid that if he worked with anyone for more than the bare essentials that he’d only be left with the hope of a quick death?

At first he thought his skills would make it easy to rebuild and he could hold out. Working field studies in wildlife and fishery research made him comfortable being forced to return to an almost hunter-gatherer lifestyle, but people could only commune so much in certain circumstances before they changed. The bitter thoughts manifested into a bitter taste in his mouth. He'd been on his own a while before coming here, his last group had indeed changed. He looked around again. It’d only been a couple of months since he’d found this small camp of people. They’d converted and enhanced a local campsite. What once was fun recreation for people over the summer now had to hold up against a new ice age. It had taken him some time to convince them that he had no ill will nor was he desperate enough to do something out of line. Just, no one could survive alone.

His green eyes looked across to the other man. They were paired off on watch together, though he didn't know him very well yet, he seemed to be good-natured and helpful, even more than he was. He was definitely a certain form of handsome that Dante found attractive. He turned his head down again in shame. It’d been a long time since those feelings had ever come to mind, but it was no good having them now. Things had become so quiet, and he couldn't muster up a bit of conversation if he let his mind slip like that. Still he didn’t know what to say, still not knowing anyone, let alone this man, for very long.

"Hey, holding up over there? Need anything?"

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SapphireD910

• InkompleteWish

Name: Ethan Kain

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Height: 5’10”

The fire flickered in the darkening night. Not like there was any “day” to begin with. Since the disastrous infliction of the ‘Millennial Plague’, as some people started to call it, the world seemed to not be done with it vengeance and plated the earth in eternal white. As such even the sky reflected the muddled feelings of humankind: grey, dim and incredibly cold. In earlier years you could make a joke about it, ‘Don’t stay out too long in the cold or you might turn into a Popsicle’. Today it would be not surprising if you found a frozen human corpse along your journey. The last of humanity tried their best to survive the plague and then the endless winter but it started crumbling. Many people left the big cities to try their luck somewhere else. As such also the family physician Ethan Kain joined a group down south. If you could not pull your own weight then you couldn’t rely on others, as such he always tried to help even a little bit with his learned knowledge. He might know about the basic plants and herbs for medicine but in this endless winter it is hard to even get those. His medical stack is slowly dwindling. Even though Eliot himself would love to help the others of their little group, even with small injuries or colds, but the self-proclaimed leader decided that their resources should only be used in emergencies. Basically you would have to live with your cold or injury until you either died due to it or you survived due to the last health treatment from the little group’s doctor. Eliot wasn’t a charismatic or strong person so he made do with listening to the leader. Even if he can’t help but sneak a little bit of medicine now and then to the sick.

They have traveled a few days already since their last big stop at one of the bigger cities where usually more humans were still living and they could stock up on stuff. Now the little light they had waned and grew darker and darker. Night was coming and it would get even colder. They made haste to set up their little camp for the night. Since Eliot might have been a brilliant doctor, he was by no means physically strong. Their little campsite that they found would have to be set up by the others of the group. He would have to do watch over the camp with their new addition. It’s been a few months now and so far he showed no ill will towards their little group and contributed as much as he was possible like everyone else so Eliot didn’t find anything wrong with the other man. As far as he knew, they weren’t far apart in age, yet he couldn’t bring up the time to really talk to the other guy yet. During their travels he often had to wander off to search for living plants or herbs if the terrain was fitting. But even though he rarely found anything useful, he usually returned with at least something. Even if it was just the most basic of edible plants. During his studies to become a doctor he would never had thought to ever need a lot of herbalism. Thankfully he was a rather diligent student and now it paid off. Giving his rather plain appearance he would have thought to live a rather stereotypical life. Keep his job, treat old woman and men, get a wife and children and maybe own a nice little house with a big garden and a dog or two. But fate has always been difficult. Not only would he probably never get his stereotypical life, no he was also not only attracted to woman. Bisexuality, something not really uncommon but still something that a lot don’t even want to acknowledge about themselves. To Eliot it was just a part of himself like his brown hair and eyes, he might never say it out aloud if he wasn’t asked but he would never deny it. Not like anyone has time to bitch about it given the current (and probably future) situation.

"Hey, holding up over there? Need anything?"

He was ripped out of his thoughts by a voice close to him. At once he remembered that he should have kept watch instead of thinking about the past. Their safety relied on a good watch too just like the fire that they had going in the camp. Turning his head towards the voice he noticed that it was the man they had picked up months ago. Suddenly he thought that this could be the time to get to know him a bit more. They were traveling together after all and keep everyone close in their little group would ensure a good team dynamic. “No don’t need anything yet, just cold like always. Are you doing ok? I think Rob already got the food and water out for the meal later.” he spoke with a little puff of cold air leaving his mouth. During night it got even more freezing. Their clothing, no matter how warm, was not fully able to keep the chill out. Thankfully no one got frost bite. Ethan was thankful that no one was actually hurt or sick actually. They had a few good weeks. He wondered if anything would happen in the future.

“It’s weird how it’s already been around 3 years since all started going downhill. I wonder why it happened though, what started the sickness and this endless winter. I wonder if it will ever become summer again or even spring.” Ethan spoke lowly to the other male, not wanting the others of the group to join the conversation.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Dante nearly shuddered at the mention of summer, only making him that much more aware of the cold. "Yeah, I used to love the outdoors, now it almost makes me weep to think of a safe warm place... let alone the heat of the sun." He thought bitterly of how they didn't have to be like this at least, if people hadn't so readily turned on one another in their panic. The illness, the cold, it didn't mean the end of everything else except that people gave up. Maybe... he needed to not give up either.

"It's Ethan right... I feel like, maybe we've never really met. I'm Dante." It was a place to start right? He'd watched the man from a distance, picked up on his work. He was really skilled in a way the camp needed. He wasn't so sure about himself. "I notice you do a lot of the medical work around here. You use a lot of herbal techniques. I notice from my work lot of research into wildlife and historic human civilization. Tried my hand at natural living and minimalist lifestyles. Don't know if it's serving me now or if it was just wasted time not appreciating what we had." He let out a bitter and nervous laugh that almost sounded like a chilled groan. He realized he was chatting out of nervousness. "Sorry." He said, almost under his breath as he stirred the fire a bit. "I ramble a bit when nervous. Feel free to tell me to shut it."

It should only be a couple of hours left on their watch and then they could get some sleep of their own. Dante thought about his bedding. A few people had partners or family to bundle up together with. Body heat was the best for overcoming the cold, even in this it must have been a relief to curl up with someone. His eyes shifted to Ethan and quickly away. Why after all this time and already being mildly familiar with the man was he suddenly noticing him so much was beyond him.

The question in itself is probably the question of everyone still alive on this planet ‘will everything return to normal’ followed by the question ‘will I survive’. Given the situation he probably shouldn’t have asked it but Ethan was sick of talking around the matter if people died almost daily. If they talked about it they might be able to find a solution, if least if it’s only temporary. Even the doctor was afraid but the situation can’t be changed if only silence rules the world.

“Yeah, I am Ethan Kain. I was a family physician. I didn’t want to be anything higher in the doctor career so it stuck with me. I loved doing it and I love doing it now. Only the circumstances and surroundings are different. I can’t use a lot of advanced medicine so I have to search for plants and herbs under the snow blanket.” he spoke, thinking about Dante’s experience. “You know, we only really learn efficiently if we do the things we love. So if you loved researching wildlife and historic human civilization then you probably are better than most of the others that do it to only fill their pockets with money. And don’t worry, the others of our group only really come to me to be treated and are closed off. So having someone that’s not closed up over the events is really nice.” he said with a beaming smile. The situation was nothing to smile about but it was already dreary enough, why should he make it even more so when he can’t appreciate the small things.

Ethan absentmindedly rubbed his hands together to warm them up. The wind didn’t pick up and it was a rather safe night, no new snow or freezing wind but even then it was rather cold. Their camp was also guarded enough from wildlife. The other only problem that could happen would be a group of rogue humans. As far as he heard in the last city they stopped by, there are some group of humans stealing other’s food and medicine to survive longer themselves. Ethan can’t hate them for it since they only wanted to survive too after all. The world really changed for the worst but in a sense humanity was really not the nicest race on earth. Maybe they had it coming in the end with the way they lived but it was really like mother earth decided to punish them. //Anyway, I am a doctor not a philosopher.// he thought ruefully and looked back into camp. Given the length they already were on watch, it was probably time for rest soon. Ethan released a wistful sigh at the thought of a cold and lonely tent. Even as a grown man he was far too awkward to bundle up with someone so intimate. But given the current situation it might not be a bad idea to jump over his own shadow. At that thought he let his sight flitter over the male next to him. Dante was new to the group and might not have anyone to bundle up with too. If only he was brave enough to suggest sharing a tent….

That smile, it was probably the closest thing to warmth he'd felt looking at it. He felt his throat tighten and his breath hitch a bit thinking things over. "That level of optimism is rare. It's nice, but when the bad hits, do you feel knocked lower when you're still keeping such high spirits?" Despite his words he smirked ever so slightly at the man's words of love of his work and reminding Dante that he did... does love his work. What he doesn't like is not being able to use it to it's fullest and enjoy all aspects.

He watched out of the corner of his eye as the man rubbed his hands together and he moved a little closer. He imagined all the good work that was done with those hands. "So, you have an herbalist approach. Is that given our circumstances, or did you always like that angle in medicine? I ask because, I could help gather materials for you." He averted his eyes a bit. "I picked up on a lot that we as people dropped and started making synthetic, but there's always a herb or plant that does the exact same thing our pills and chemicals do too. I'm sure you're aware... but if I could help more. I notice people getting restless with treatments."

He looked out into the horizon. He felt a little uneasy. It seemed that the late nights and early mornings were the heaviest times to be ambushed. It was that time that people were most likely to be asleep. They were just getting past the most dangerous time, so he always seemed more on edge about noises, the darkest spots and shadows, anything that signaled or concealed a possible attack. "It'll be sunrise soon. Honestly, not sure I'm ready to lay down in my tent and have a portion of my heat stolen by the open air. What about you? I haven't noticed a family. Anyone to share your warmth when you sleep?" It was the most vulnerable times, both for attack and from the cold. The body always conserved energy when you slept, which meant a bit of heat was always let go. When people slept together the heat would just jump back and forth, but alone, Dante knew how cold layers of blankets could still leave you.

„Hmm probably. But I don’t want to mope around. I’d rather die enjoying even the smallest things giving the situation instead of regretting that I didn’t.” he said to answer the other’s question. He might really be a bit too optimistic but it’s in his person and Ethan didn’t change himself for other people. He’d rather get liked for his personality instead getting liked because of a lie. And he’d be proud to die as his own person instead of a persona to please others.

Dante struck a nerve. The people really got restless because they either didn’t get the best treatment or none at all. But he wasn’t the leader of his group and in this new world rules the group order. Like wolves the leader or alpha has the say and if something doesn’t fit, punishment will be dealt. Just like in this situation. Ethan would love to use his resources to heal others as fast as he could but the leader forbad him to use too much medicine. If the leader ever found out that he had already been using more medicine on the group than he should……he didn’t want to think of it. As much as he didn’t like not treating everyone, he can’t risk getting thrown out of the group or beaten up. Ethan was a bit selfish, he wanted to help but not risk his own life too much. Now and then he was able to use a bit more than he was allowed but even more and someone could notice. Getting even a bit close to Dante he leaned over towards the other and whispered “I know. I use more than I am allowed already but our stock is already rather low. The leader has rationed the treatment. And to your question I learned herbalism in my study but as a normal licenses doctor I usually proscribed modern medicine. But I am proud to say that I was rather diligent and it does save my hide right now.”

Having told his answer he kept watch again. It’s been silent till now. He hoped that it would last just like every day. The doctor nodded to the other’s inquiring. “No……I was never interested in anyone till now or rather nobody was interested in me. My father always saw me in that stereotypical doctor life. A wife, a nice house and a few kids, maybe a nice car…..the usual stuff. But a house was too big for me alone and I never was fond of using to expensive cars. Not getting a partner is probably due to the fact though that I never really made an effort I guess.” Ethan spoke, eyes on the horizon. Dante spoke about sharing body heat as if it was nothing, like it probably was. If the other didn’t find it weird then he probably shouldn’t either. It’s not like they were going to do it naked so he shouldn’t think too much about it. “We can share a tent if you want. That way it might be a bit less cold.” the doctor said smiling lightly embarrassed.

Was that where his questioning was going this whole time? Did he set Ethan on the path to making that offer? He wasn't really sure what he was going for anymore. His body seemed almost relieved at the thought of sharing a tent with someone, feeling another body so close to his. Wrapping his arms around someone... He sat blinking for a bit, not sure how to respond. He rubbed the rough stubble developing on his chin. Shaving was of low concern, and really a little hair seemed to help. "I don't share with anyone either, so it would make sense for both of us, wouldn't it?"

He looked down nervously not sure if he should allow himself the line of thoughts, let alone dragging the other man into them. "You wouldn't mind then? Sharing quarters with me?" He looked forward, but his eyes narrowed in concentration. "Most men would rather sleep alone. And this is our first official meeting... sure you trust me?" He gave a soft smile, not sure that it was reassuring or not. "I'm not like a lot of people, I don't mind." What he really meant was that he'd prefer to sleep close to another man, and he still felt most people, that were left anyway, would take their time and concentration in the given situation to judge him, and he still had to cope and overcome judging himself. So how was it that Ethan seemed to easily ask him, nearly a stranger, to be next to him when he was so vulnerable and in such an intimate setting.

Dante couldn't remember the last time he slept next to someone and shared their heat among other things. He felt his stomach knot at even the thought. He didn't want to try to convince the other man against it, he was just nervous to feel that comfort again and let himself slip into something the other man would be against, or that could harm their places in the camp even. He'd never encountered anyone that even seemed... curious thus far. He figured there were probably plenty of people, but they felt urged back into secrecy or they had managed to find accepting groups and he was just one of the unlucky ones. But he didn't know about Ethan. He gave the man another side-glance. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable, so before you share close quarters with me, you should know, I do like men. I wouldn't think of it that way, we need to think about our needs, not our wants around here, but you should know that before we agree."

Now, after proposing his idea Ethan felt kind of silly. Given the other’s reaction he probably wouldn’t even have thought of sharing at tent with him. It embarrassed him greatly that he assumed things and that the other would be fine to share a tent with a stranger. But it’s not like you could take long to make relations. They either died pretty fast or due to the stress they constantly lived through, they might start hating each other. And Ethan always went with the flow. “No….it might have been a bit rash to ask you like this but you’ve been with us for months. If I can’t trust you now after you took watch then I don’t know when I should trust you. But I won’t feel weird if you don’t feel weird?” the doctor spoke forming his answer into a question at the end. As long as it’s just hugging everything should be fine, even if he other might be straight. Yeah, it might be a bit awkward but after feeling the warmth that the other gave off they’d probably stop caring in the long run. They will just be hugging after all, right?

“Besides, there isn’t much stuff that you could take. I don’t have my medicine in my personal tent and I don’t have a lot of belongings.” the male tried joking to lighten the conversation again. An awkward silence hung around for a bit before Dante spoke next. After a while of mulling the information over, Ethan came to a decision. “You know, I did find myself looking at a few bums in my life and they haven’t been just woman. So I don’t mind sharing a tent with you or rather sharing our body heat. It’s just….a bit awkward to talk about this. God I am such a teenager in that regard.” he told the other in truth mumbling the last part. But why was he even thinking about it now. Dante might not even fancy him in that way. He guessed as long as he didn’t get groped without consent he wouldn’t mind the other around. Ethan knew a few gays and other bisexual in the old world. He sometimes found himself sitting in a homosexual bar so he wasn’t embarrassed in that sense. It was merely the thought of letting someone so close to his heart. Maybe that was also the reason why he hadn’t found anyone yet. He wasn’t out for a quick fuck or two not even given the current situation. The doctor might be a tad too romantic at heart.

Suddenly he heard Paul calling to them. ‘You two! You’re shift is over, Sarah and Parker are taking over. I got you’re rations here.’ And didn’t even wait for them to follow and returned to his little cooking tent. Like Paul was his savior from his own question the doctor hurriedly stood up and looked down at the still sitting Dante. “Well, foods ready. I am gonna get my portion and will be in my tent….if you….decide to share a tent, it’s the third to the left, right at the edge of the camp. Bye!” and without waiting further responses he hurried down the little hill they were keeping watch on and nearly ran into Paul when the other tried leaving the cooking tent. With a quick sorry he disappeared in the brownish colored tent. He just hoped that Dante didn’t think he was avoiding him because he was gay. Ethan just never officially came out to his parents or even his friends. He never had anyone to talk about it after finding out at 20 that he might just fancy guys too. It got a bit bottled up and now he didn’t even know how to handle other guys that also were like him. And in response he got embarrassed easily.

Ethan was so casual all of a sudden, leaving Dante unsure what he should do. He rose up rather slowly and made his way to where the food was being served out. "Thank you Paul," he said softly as he received his portions. He watched a next pair settle into their posts for watch. Despite probably knowing each other longer than Ethan and he had, their initial body language seemed to match theirs. People weren't inclined to get close for any other reason than necessity anymore.

Thinking a bit more on the offer, he'd also not necessarily anticipating being the one to change location. The man had acted a little funny, maybe it was wrong to tell him something he wasn't exactly championing about himself as his sexuality when it would clearly make their planned interaction a little more complicated and that could lead to hesitation on the other man's part. But Ethan hadn't turned him down, in fact he seemed to add an invite to the end to confirm his offer was still there. Dante was conflicted, though he supposed the worst that could come of it was making things awkward with the doctor for a bit of time, and while a bit might be the only time they had, awkwardness wasn't worth turning down the greater offer of warmth and comfort.

He took his food back to his tent and gathered up his few belongings into a sack, rolled up his bedding and sat for a moment. Did the other man really know, not just what he was offering, but what really needed to happen? Who was Dante kidding, the man was a doctor, of course he knew, and maybe that made Dante all the more nervous. He'd allowed himself to focus on what he needed, but deep down he was worried his wants would catch up with him and chase the other man away, chase this opportunity away. As a doctor, the other man had probably gotten past a lot that would still make him blush. It wasn't that he was some wild uncontrollable animal. It had just been a long time since he was close to anyone, and he'd admit that Ethan was a very handsome man. He feared his body might just naturally respond.

He exited his tent to a flash of cold wind. Ethan had directed him to the third tent to the left. His eyes were falling heavy from staying up most of the night, but he slowly made his way over. Dante paused outside of Ethan's tent, not sure the best way to alert the man without calling attention to himself and disrupting others who were not yet up for any purpose. He dropped to a knee and got in close to the tent. "Ethan... I would like to take you up on your offer, if you are still up for it. I have few things, so I shouldn't cramp you or make the space uncomfortable." He felt his face crack a little with a smile. More than anything he was ready for a place to just sleep.

After hastening to get his portion of food and making his way back to his own little tent. Like all of them it was rather used up and didn’t keep the cold out like a high quality one would but it was his and for now he didn’t freeze so it still worked. They couldn’t afford any luxury so people often kept to their old stuff that sometimes might even already be broken. Ethan’s tent thankfully wasn’t damaged so it worked just fine and hopefully would for a long while. After opening the flap and sitting down on his sleeping bag he started digging into his food. It already cooled down a bit due to the temperature but it was still lukewarm and warmed his body at least a bit.

With a repressed burp he set his bowl and cutlery down near the entrance and started to rearrange a bit of his stuff. He usually slept in the middle of the tent, the warmest place and his bag and other belongings were usually sitting next to it to form a little barrier. He didn’t even know why he did this it wasn’t like Dante actually agreed to share a tent. Ethan ran away before he could answer after all but he offered and he really hoped that the other would accept. The doctor would be really happy to have someone to call a friend during their travels. In itself, he wouldn’t even mind a more….intimate relationship. Given the situation he carved for some physical contact with others. Ethan was used to being close to others. Not only his occupation but also his past proved that. Now he was almost deprived of it. And he never really had real sex for goodness sake! It was maddening to think that he could die a virgin but even then he wouldn’t just go for a quick fuck. So he kind of hopped that something might come out of this initial offer in the later run. Dante seemed like a nice guy; at least he made a better first impression than most of their little group. But anyway, that’s in the future.

Absentmindedly he sat down on his bedding and readied himself for bed like every evening. But only when he heard a voice right outside his tent he remembered Dante and his own offer. But surprisingly he was not as embarrassed as before. “Sure, come in I haven’t close the flap yet. I don’t have a lot either and if the tent is stuffed it might keep out the cold.” Ethan spoke and continued readying himself for bed. It suddenly felt like a hammer came down on him and he grew suddenly really tired, the days proceeding finally caught up to him it seemed.

Dante heard the voice from inside giving him welcome to enter the tent. He was a little caught off guard by the man already preparing for bed and tried to shut the tent up behind him quickly. His chest was pounding, but already just the two of them in the small space seemed to radiate a warmth. He nearly shuddered feeling their hot breath and body heat spread through the tent. Whatever nerves he had were being dismissed by the instant change and anticipation of meeting his body to another.

"Thank you again," he said with a smile, working out of his heavier layers. "You're space seems better kept than mine. I think the last person put a hole in it somewhere." He nervously indicated his bedding and asked, "May I... it looks like you've prepared for me." He continued to smile, realizing that despite little confirmation between the two, Ethan had taken the liberty to adjust to his arrival. The man had truly opened up his space to him.

The light was increasing and Dante could make out more of the doctor's features. Very nice brown hair and eyes, very handsome but almost boyish looks despite his obvious age. He was tempted to reach out and touch him when he saw a slight shadow that was forming on his face. "Actually, we can zip them together and increase our contact." He rolled out everything next to Ethan's and wedged his duffle of clothes and pack of most important supplies he'd held over the years into a corner out of the way. "Um... are you more comfortable with just shirts or down to underwear... so maximize skin to skin." He'd worried about this part, not sure the other man really considered it during the offer and not sure how he would respond in the long term, but it was the most efficient way if they were set on this.

Due to his sudden fatigue he didn’t bother with thinking what’s appropriate or not. They are inside his tent now and nobody would come look for them if it wasn’t an emergency. As much as the group looked out for each other, they weren’t friends and thus didn’t see the need for going out of their way. So nobody would visit him, especially since they knew that he had watch tonight. Nothing would leave this tent if nobody wanted to talk about it. The chilled wind made the tent walls flutter and the temperature inside the tent adjusted. But with their belongings, their beddings and their bodies it would be an easy way to counter the cold. That’s why Ethan offered in the first place. It would surely be toasty warm for the first time in years. And heck, even if he had to deal with a bit embarrassment it would be really worth it.

“Yeah, I’ve had this tent for ages now so I had to patch up some holes. Thankfully I can use my basic sewing knowledge for that. And don’t worry, I carve the warmth just as anyone else.” with a dismissive wave he scooted even further to the side to make place for the other. “That’s a good idea, let’s zip them up. God, I can’t wait to be lulled to sleep by the warmth and not to the chilling cold. Heck, every time I went to sleep I had the fear that the cold seeping into me wasn’t just the winter and I wouldn’t wake up the next day.” he said, not really thinking about his statement. Being a doctor and the situation at hand made him able to talk about death like it was normal; which it basically was. He didn’t even feel weird talking about his own death. It would come sooner or later, no use beating around the bush. This didn’t make him suicidal however and he really appreciated that Dante would want to share their body heat. There weren’t a lot of guys that would cuddle up to another guy even during this catastrophe.

He was suddenly flustered. Ethan didn’t actually think that far ahead. If they were to get the best result out of it they had to have maximal skin contact meaning they would be mostly naked. The doctor just thought about hugging the other, surrounded by the material of their sleeping bags. “Oh, erm…….heh. Now you got me.” Ethan released a little chuckle “I guess if we want the most out of it, it would have to be in boxers….” and he looked at the others body. Dante was a really handsome guy even a bit exotic with his black hair and green eyes. Personally he wouldn’t feel bad to be cuddling with a guy like this. It would be a problem if it grew awkward though. Even though he was a doctor, Ethan wasn’t good at reading people’s emotions. At first it might be weird but after a few nights they’d probably get used to it. “Hmm well. We could start with shirts on and maybe if it’s not enough we can try just boxers.” he spoke, trying to find a compromise. Like this it might not even get as awkward as they think and if they grew more comfortable around each other they can take the next step.

During his their conversation he zipped up both of their beddings and made himself comfortable. “I am really tired suddenly. Let’s just try and if it won’t work for whatever reason we can come up with something else tomorrow.” the doctor spoke with a slight lull in his voice, sleep already tugging on his eyelids.

Dante smirked at the other man's admission that he had not in fact really thought about the necessary measures. The way that Ethan seemed to stutter at the topic made him think that maybe the man had less experience with such closeness than he did. "Shirts is fine. Whatever you're comfortable with." He knew that his smile appeared to show his sleepiness. He turned his bag so that the bottom pressed the side of the tent and would be absorbing any of the chill before discarding the rest of his clothes down to his shirt and boxers and socks. He chuckled a bit feeling Ethan's eyes on him. Maybe the other man saw something weird in how he dressed down. "My feet always got cold at night... before everything happened. Had to wear socks to bed."

When the other man mentioned trying things out this way for now he nodded, hoping he didn't scare the man off with anything unexpected. He watched Ethan climb in between the sleeping bags, and followed suit, laying the bags down flat so one was flat to the ground and zippers were on the edges. He hesitated as the other man got comfortable and he slipped down lower into the covers. He felt part of his lower thigh brush the other's leg. They were both chilly, but still the contact already sparked a warmth with promise of true heat to spread in time.

At first he thought maybe to just press their bodies close to one another, but he knew deep down that was no good. "I'll press against your back... I can put my arm around you if that's alright?" He felt a stinging in his throat and chest. How long had it been since he was this close to someone. He brought his body to Ethan's and the contact alone caused a slight shudder, but of relief rather than the cold shudders that were almost the default state of his body these days. He all too quickly felt his body ease into his position, his face finding the middle of Ethan's shoulder blades. He almost felt the sting of tears. This was nearly bliss. He wasn't even clear when his eyes fully closed and he fell asleep, but he remembers his dreams were of laying in the grass in the summer, spooning an unknown lover under the sun.

The sweetness of such a dream made waking up all the harder. And that wasn't the only thing. He still felt the urge of the relief of stress and the things that got pent up in the body, but this was the first time something regarding another person had really influenced this reaction in his body. But this made him think, in their current arrangement, how would they relieve such needs. If he were alone he would curl deep in his sleeping back or onto his stomach to keep his erection warm and quickly work it to release.

But now, even the slightest movement would likely just wake the other man with pressure from his... appendage. This was what he'd been concerned for. Even more so, he didn't want to leave Ethan's warmth despite the potential embarrassment. And Ethan was very warm. He found himself involuntarily nuzzling himself to the other man's nape. Maybe... maybe the other man felt something too?

Ethan wasn’t even really conscious to answer to Dante properly he just released a tired “Mmmm.” others question. The doctor could still feel the other’s body drawing closer though and after the first contact was made he released a shudder at the cold touch of the others thigh on his legs. But after it settled there the warmth of the other slowly returned the heat. Dante got even closer, almost dwarfing his own body. A content sigh escaped his lips when he felt the other settle down behind him. It was less weird than he thought it was; rather nice actually and Ethan was sure that as long as Dante didn’t want to leave he gladly accepted the other in his tent and ultimately into his sleeping bag.

For the first time since years he had another body to share his “bed” with and something settled inside his body. A certain kind of yearning. Ethan easily fell asleep to the others breath on his nape as well as the steady ‘thud thud thud’ of the other’s heart beating against his back. For the first time since this catastrophe he fell asleep due to the warmth and not the coldness. Ethan’s dreams weren’t clear. He just felt warm and content, maybe even loved in a setting of the shining sun that he hadn’t seen since this ‘winter’ started. But his dream and sleep soon ended when his inner clock woke him.

After slowly waking up he noticed a few different sensations for example the other’s arms tighten a bit around his middle and other’s face and hair tickle his nape. The doctor wasn’t fully awake yet but he could also notice his morning wood. Since he didn’t have anyone to help him with it the doctor was usually forced to take care of it himself but somehow it always left him with an empty feeling. Anyway Ethan wasn’t comfortable to masturbate while Dante was still in the tent, heck, right behind him even. But the doctor didn’t want it to wilt due to the cold if he left their sleeping bag. The only solution that came would be to take care of it quietly and hope the other wouldn’t wake up while he was touching himself. Carefully he shifted his arm downwards and slowly stroked himself through his trousers. His breathing was only slightly hitched and he kept his eyes closed thinking it would be less embarrassing if he couldn’t see. Ethan tried really hard to keep his body from moving too much so only his arm was slightly shifting now and then. It was a bit painful to go at it so slow but he really didn’t want to wake the other while wanking.

Dante stilled himself as best he could, only making the doctor's movements all the more apparent. To say he was horrified would be the wrong word. He was not disturbed so much as just shocked that the other man was so daring. Yet, in the pit of his stomach it also excited him. The doctor was so gentle, friendly, and almost meek, that to feel him indulging himself like this, with him here, Dante worried his own arousal was going to press itself against the doctor more. But he had to wonder how bad that would be, seeing as the man had the nerve to masturbate while still in his embrace. That thought made him all the more aware of how tangled their bodies had become.

Feeling something akin to desires flare up inside him even more. The warmth of their shared space and body contact cleared his sinuses enough that he smelled clearly. He smelled the other man's natural smell of all things. He found himself liking it, taking an unconscious deep breath. He couldn't resist, and maybe if they could both wordlessly agree to not bring it up, it wouldn't ruin what they just shared. Besides, he'd argue it to himself again that the other man was the one that felt bold enough to stroke himself in their embrace. He debated his next movement very carefully. Maybe if he was generous with the other man, he wouldn't have to have a basic release that was almost more out of habit than pleasure, even though it still felt good.

Keeping his face pressed to the other man's nape, he let his arm wrapped around the other slide, wrapping over the other's hip, resting his hand over the other's before gripping it, making his hand move in rhythm with the doctor's strokes. Before he could give the other man too much time to process his movements, Dante pried his hand away and grasped the erection, taking over the rhythmic touch at a more vigorous pace. It was so hot, and it felt good to hold as he continued to pump. He became more eager to feel the other man release than most recent times he'd urged on his own.

His breathing hitched the more he stroked himself. Now it was too late to stop, even if he wanted too. After a while he also nearly forgot that there was a living body lying just behind him. So for a second he stopped his actions and breathed deeply to ground himself again. The air around them got even warmer than it should. His small movements didn’t do much to quench his need but rather slowed his release. He knew that he shouldn’t do this and should have instead get over it as quickly as he could but it was just oh so warm to leave Dante’s embrace and their sleeping bag.

The doctor even notice that the other move but instead just thought it was merely moving in his sleep so he continued his rubbing. Until he was startled when a hand not his own gripped his right hand and slowly afterwards even took its spot. Not able to hide his surprise he released his ruffled breathing and shivered. He didn’t know if it was in pleasure or shame. The doctor was still not fully awake and his brain can’t process what’s happening just now. The other’s movement was to precise to be just dreaming. A bright blush spread all over his body and he released a needy moan that he couldn’t keep in when the other took over at a speedier pace. Ethan was too embarrassed to say anything and merely enjoyed the sensation of someone else touching him.

His hands now free, Ethan wasn’t sure what to do now. Dante was obviously awake and was even touching him. A small thought started growing. Dante was obviously helping him but hasn’t said anything of wanting a return of the pleasure. The doctor wanted to help the other too. So Ethan tried reaching backwards with one of his arms and tried finding the others crotch to return the favor.

Dante panted, as though he were touching himself, listening to the sounds of the other man letting go and basking in his touch. He felt a split second of pride at provoking such a reaction of the other man rather than the one he had worried, of anger and fear if the other man had even discovered his own aroused state. Instead he found the man was at least waking with a similar response, even if right this moment was a fluke, Dante was going to see it through.

He even found himself unconsciously noting things about the other man, just because it had been so long since he'd touched anyone, so long since he'd had a lover. He felt the tuft of public hair against his knuckles much like his own, that sort of shaving was really low priority. He wrapped his other arm around and took a hold of Ethan's testicles, stroking them in rhythm and feeling them tighten in his hand. His lips pressed against Ethan's neck, but he started to unconsciously motion kisses with them.

Without warning he felt the doctor's hand reach back and start searching between his thighs. He groaned both due to the contact and with a slight questioning noise. Was the other man... returning the favor. "You don't have to," he breathed, but deep down the words were a lie to his deeper desires that the man touch him, that they share this, that maybe... not just this once either. His vision almost went white and he cried out with an almost painful noise that even surprised him when Ethan's hand touched him. "Yes, please," he begged despite his prior words, his hips immediately jerking forward to meet the gentle but firm hand of the other man. "It's been too long. Please don't stop." With the new contact with his cock, his own hand took on a new energy, as though the harder he worked on the doctor would immediately contribute to his own release.

(sorry it isn't much to go by, i didnt have an idea for this post :/ )

Ethan gasped while Dante continued touching him. He was getting close and could no longer keep his voice quite like before. Apart from pleased sounding sighs as well as gasps, he released a low and chocked moan now and then. It would be easier to ‘keep his cool’ if Dante didn’t do additional stuff. The doctor was sure now that Dante wasn’t accidently touching him but must be doing this intentionally. And for the other to willingly touch him after shamefully starting to masturbate while they shared their bedding was really surprising. It wasn’t natural and in a way Ethan was really grateful that Dante didn’t despise him for his little act. That was partly why he wanted to at least return the favor. Consequences are dammed.

Encouraged on by the other’s slurred words he finally found what he had been searching for behind his back and started stroking the others’ cock. He was momentarily surprised when the others hand sped up and gripped harder onto the other’s pleasure in surprise before taking up his pace again. Ethan couldn’t see Dante behind his back and his own room of action was limited. So he could merely enjoy the other’s actions and hope to return at least some of it.

A breathy “…I can’t…” escaped his lips before his whole body shuddered and he came with a long moan. His own hand faltered only a moment before yet again continuing to try and give Dante his own release of the pend up stress. While doing so he tried getting his own breathing under control and trying to make sense of the situation they landed in because of the other’s selfish need.

Dante gasped as he listened to the other man's desperate cries and felt Ethan's orgasm. He pressed his body close to the other man's, desiring his heat, still probably more than anything else. He basked in the delightful was his body jerked and the noises of pleasure errupting from his throat.

He'd almost forgotten what a partner reaching orgasm could feel like. He felt his chest tighten with anticipation. What was he supposed to do now? He worried what he'd really done to this setup and agreement with the doctor by putting his hands on him. Yes, the man had been touching himself, right in Dante's company, and his own obvious hardon was there against his back. There were few places for this to go other than getting kicked out with the excuse that this was all in the heat of the moment and the desire for literal heat.

Before he fell too negatively into his thoughts he felt Ethan reach back for him. Despite his worries and doubts he pressed himself against the soft hand. "Did I help you?" He didn't know where the question came from, but he found himself wanting to rationalize that they were just helping each other, and maybe Ethan would accept him that way. "You don't have to." He hesitated to say that, especially as the man's hand didn't move. He began to thrust desperately, staying silent, unsure what to do or say.

Ethan was a bit startled when he heard the other’s question in his ear. The body behind him has gotten even closer and it almost got to warm for the doctor. But only remembering the stifling cold outside the tent made him enjoy the heat he was given. Even if this heat isn’t of the innocent kind. But Ethan was sure that Dante didn’t feel bad about helping him. Whatever his reasons were, the other willingly touched him though there was no need to. Ethan felt ashamed of himself. It was almost as if he forced Dante to do something. The other couldn’t move away without being assaulted by the cold so he had to stay close and live through Ethan’s shameful act.

“Yeah….I am sorry…I want too.” the doctor spoke, whispering his apology about their situation. And true to his words he started stroking the other. Because he has to reach backwards though, his actions are a bit limited. Deciding on an action, Ethan swallowed all his courage and turned his body around. “…its easier this way, sorry.” he apologized yet again and began stroking again. They were face to face now but Ethan can only look at Dante’s chest. His courage might have been enough to turn himself around but not enough to actually look into Dante’s eyes while he was getting the other off. His gaze stubbornly stayed on the other’s chest not even looking downwards to what he was doing. His hands just continued stroking the other and squeezing now and then to hopefully bring the other to his climax soon.

He couldn't help but notice, to surprising dismay, that Ethan was seemingly looking away from him. Was the other man even more ashamed to be touching him than of the act of touching himself before? He kept hearing him say 'sorry' and he wasn't sure what it was all truly directed at. He felt he should be sorry. He could have let it go, let the man have his moment, maybe even turned his back and done the same. The two of them could have hidden that truth much easier than these current moments of touching one another. It was different, and the difference was probably what he truly needed, but that didn't mean it was right or at least not the way he did it.

"Don't be sorry," he gritted. "I needed to feel again. I'm sorry." But with those words he felt his cock throb and his orgasm rise out of his body. His body shook and shuddered as he tried to gather his breath back, rolling to lay on his back, an arm still under Ethan, still clutching him as when they had been sleeping.

Keeping his eyes averted he began speaking softly. "I'm sorry. I wont touch you in an unwanted way again." He bit his lip. "And I wont make you feel you have to touch me, even if I do want it." He wasn't sure how the other man might take that admission, but it was the truth. He feared what that want would do to them, but he couldn't say he hadn't wanted the touch or that it hadn't felt good. Even as hesitant and awkward as the whole ordeal was, he'd enjoyed it. Which really made him feel all the worse, taking pleasure in what was little different from an assault to the other man. "We can forget it, but I think we both know we need this setup to survive." He finally turned to look the doctor in the eyes. "I'll do what I need to for your forgiveness."

A big blush spread around his ears, neck and face. Did the other really just admit that he wanted to do this? It was almost too good to be true but Ethan was wide awake now and couldn’t think of it as a dream. So Dante actually enjoyed it (no matter how awkward it was). And here Ethan thought that he shoved the other into things because of his rash actions. “Uhm….thanks for giving me the chance but…..I actually enjoyed it too. I was sorry to wake you while I was masturbating. Your body was just so warm and I….” and here another blush started spreading if this doesn’t stop then the doctor might as well just turn into a tomato given how red he already is. Dante didn’t say that he liked Ethan in some way or another but apparently he fancied Ethan to a certain degree to do this stuff with him.

Ethan didn’t move much after they both were spend and after Dante climaxed he took his hand back to his own body and tried to wipe it off on a spare little piece of clothing that he tossed to the side earlier. His gaze strayed towards the others face, trying to gauge his emotions. “You don’t need to ask for forgiveness. I might not have thought that you would…..you know touch me but it felt really good. And if you…..if you don’t mind it we could….” and here he broke off again. Damm, he felt like a high schooler asking out his crush. Ethan was a full grown man but he still got really embarrassed if it comes to these kinds of things. They relationship might only start on physical terms at the moment but maybe, just maybe it will evolve in the future. Dante seemed like a decent bloke to be around and he wasn’t hard on the eyes either. If humanity died then Ethan would definitely choose Dante. The other was nice and didn’t have any hidden intentions so far. Everyone else he met were usually out for their own gain (not that it was bad given the situation) so Ethan found it hard to trust others with himself.

Ethan tugged up the sleeping bag to his nose and burrowed in the warmth it provided, as well as the warm body next to his. “I wouldn’t mind doing it again….” he whispered into his own armpit and almost completely disappeared under the warm cloth to save as much warmth as possible before he had to leave the tent. As if on cue a booming voice could be heard from outside the tent flap “Yo Kain. Get up, the leader called for you so get something to eat from the tent and meet him!” the voice of Paul the cook spoke. And only a responding groan could be heard from Ethan. It was too cold out there and Ethan felt pleasantly warm in here: in the sleeping bags, next to Dante.

Dante was frozen, in a whole new way than ever before, with all the information being given to him. Maybe they were all just desperate and lonely and maybe he and Ethan just got lucky given their obvious attraction to actually find each other, other men who... wanted this.

He watched the doctor curl himself into the warmth of the sleeping bag. He thought about it, wanting to truly see where this may go if he were to do the same and curl up in each other, full intent and awareness, no excuses or hesitation about it. He'd thought the man was going to coldly shun him and only keep their arrangement out of their mutual need, not turn into a blushing teen admitting that they weren't just seduced by the warmth and any other body, but each other.

Before he had a chance to respond to the other man's racing thoughts and words he heard the cook shout that Ethan was needed. He watched Ethan clutch the covers with a groan. "I would like to too... again." He said softly. He felt a fear rush over him. He'd never been this close to someone in years and he suddenly felt this attachment. It scared him. Or maybe worse, the idea of them being apart and the things that were out there scared him. That wasn't normal, that wasn't useful, that's what so many people were always trying to avoid. He hardly knew Ethan. He was handsome, unusually gentle given their lifestyle, and overall he seemed kind and easy to like. But Dante didn't know him to feel this need and this fear. But what were the chances he'd meet someone like this again?

He reached out for Ethan's arm as he started to stir. "I know he didn't ask. Then again, I don't know if anyone's really caught on that we're both here. But maybe I can come, or do something else to help you?" He felt a bit stupid and sappy all of a sudden. "Maybe at least like we talked about. I could focus on getting you supplies? I feel too uneasy when I scavenge with the groups they send out. They... they draw too much attention. I always worry we're going to run into a group and have to fight."

He couldn't guess that Ethan was feeling any of the same dread over parting and returning to everything else outside, but this offer was before what just happened. He felt that it was an offer to Ethan, but one that could help the camp as a whole. Only now he felt more set on being closer to the other man, at least above anyone else.

After making his unwillingness to stand up shown with a groan, Ethan answered that he would be with the leader after getting ready and that Paul could go back to his tent. Ethan didn’t say much when he started rising but one could easily see his unwillingness to step away from the warmth the bedding provided. Before he even fully decided to move, he got stopped by Dante’s hand and words.

The doctor let his gaze travel to the tent ceiling. It was true, their group wasn’t really quite when traversing through the snow covered lands. But it was also too dangerous to go alone. But having someone around that actually knows about the stuff they are picking up is a huge advantage. Merely from the professional standpoint Dante would be more worth than anyone else in the group to send out and help him collect plants and other organic materials. “You are right. I will ask the leader if he will let us go together. The other’s aren’t really useful to me in a professional way so I don’t think he will say anything against it and hell, I might let myself be bossed around but even the leader doesn’t have a say who I invite in my tent or not.” Ethan spoke with a determination and finally braved the cold and got out of the sleeping bag to dress himself.

After a little while of waking up and getting all his needed gear he made his way towards the tent flaps and turned around to speak to Dante. “I will go now. I am guessing the leader just wants to tell me routine stuff for when I go out and collect stuff. So if you are done you can either follow me or do something else in the meantime. You know since we agreed, I don’t regret the stuff we did. I was…..enjoying it even. It’s been so long.” he spoke and turned around to make his way towards the leader’s tent. Along the way he met Paul and collected his little “breakfast” and provision for the upcoming excursion.

After arriving at the tent he was instantly greeted by the ‘guards’. “Yo, finally decided to show up? Leaders been rather cranky today.” one spoke and opened the flap for him to pass through. With a small glare he walked passed the other and into the larger tent. And just like always the leader was sitting on his little bench over a small table and studying the map they managed to snatch up along the way. “Hello, you called for me?” the doctor asked politely and stood a safe distance away. Almost instantly he was grunted at “Yeah, ‘bout time you showed up. You will collect here today, we traveled past there yesterday. And Kain, don’t believe I am dumb. You stuck a few more bandages to Rowen when I wasn’t looking. I told you to ration our supplies!” After getting barked and he straightened even more and replied evenly “If I hadn’t done so he would have bleed out or gotten an infection along the way. He would have died. I am a doctor and it’s my job to take care that people don’t die. Isn’t that why I am here?” only to get snorted at with an idiotic answer “You are but not everyone is worth saving here. Rowen fell down the crack even though we told everyone to be careful. The fact that he got hurt so much is proof that he wouldn’t survive long anyway and would only waste our resources.”

Put out by such an answer he gritted his teeth. “Ok. Either way, I am sorry I did but I am not sorry that I helped Rowen survive this. You remember Dante? The man we picked up a few months ago? His skills would prove to be really useful to my causes. I plan to take him along with me to the next outing.” To his query he got a nod and an affirmative that Dante was allowed to go with him. After another warning about rationing supplies they fell into the routine discussion of the outings during the day and when they plan to travel further.

Dante paused, watching Ethan leave the tent and enter the white cold of the outside. He was still inside, still mostly in the warmth of the sleeping bags and blankets, but he felt so cold once the other man was no longer inside with him. Now it just felt like when he was in a tent to himself. If the warmth was going to continue to seep away he'd better get dressed and face the day just as Ethan had.

He thought about the other's words as he go dressed. He did want to go out with him scavenging and harvesting. He hadn't thought about going with Ethan when he offered, only that he'd go out and gather what he could find and offer it to Ethan for his uses. Something about keeping Ethan close on their outings felt... important. He flashed back to earlier this morning and the doctor's words that he enjoyed himself. Dante swallowed thinking back. It was dangerous, if Dante let himself give in and indulge in Ethan's reception of him and his touches he didn't know if he'd start losing focus or if the camp would make something of it. Worse, he'd have something to lose.

Shaking those thoughts out of his head as he got his basic pack on his bag and made his way out for food. He could hardly call it "breakfast", both for the fact that it had to be the early afternoon given their sleep after guarding the night, and the contents of what was served to him.

Ethan had offered him to join him, so while he was sure that the leader would not welcome him coming in without reason, Dante did wait outside the tent that the leader was in, waiting for Ethan's exit. He could make out voices and a few words from inside, though he wasn't trying to listen in. It sounded as though the leader had something he was unhappy with the doctor over. As far as Dante saw it, their given arrangement besides the point, Ethan was more crucial to what the camp needed than anyone else right now. He was gentle, not necessarily the type to direct a large group, but he had their respect, met people's needs, and he didn't hold people's needs over them in order to get that respect. Suddenly he felt flush as he thought of the other man like someone might someone they had an infatuation with. It was rather ridiculous, who was he even trying to convince in his own head?

Before he could get too caught up in his own thoughts the other man emerged from the tent, not looking nearly as happy as he had earlier. Dante almost laid his hands on him like a reflex, but he resisted out in the open but instead only asked, "Are you alright?"