Greetings as I return!

SapphireD910

Hello!

I must admit that I am not actually new, I just joined at a hectic time in my life and haven't had the opportunity to reconnect to the site truly until now (I even had to try and find my original email to remind myself of my info).

I find I honestly don't have people close to me who are into the same things as me anymore, especially when it comes to anime, games, and reading material. Friends I made with those things are now saying they've grown out of it or are too busy to put time into "hobbies." Sure we can sit down and watch a movie, but most of the time we probably enjoy very different things and getting together at all is rare. But as strange as it may sound, I'm into yaoi probably more than ever, but not just as a spectator, but a creator too.

So yeah, I want to connect with more people who I can at least ramble about what I'm reading, a game I'm playing, or get feedback on something I've written or even find people who want help on their own stuff.

I hope to do better and make more connections!

-Rina

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SapphireD910

• littlespiral

• STARRK

• RedNoki

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Thank you! I hope to make more use of my own creativity these days.

Hallo Rina! Nice to meet you again and welcome back to Yaoi Otaku. My name is Paul and I wish you a happy time on this Forum. :)

WelcometoYO_05_zps5be2d698.jpg

Welcome back!! It is never too late rejoin a community. And some of us just never grow out of yaoi. It is as part of our life like any other hobby, nothing strange about being more or less into it. And making new friends is always great too!

Thank you!!! I need a community. I remember once at a convention I expressed to some friends for the first time that I liked yaoi and wanted to go to the yaoi screening and they were like O.O "really... that's... surprising from you" in a judgmental manner. Then they all expressed they had to go to the yuri panel. Hypocrites! I like both, and I wanted to hang out with people, so I just went to the yuri panel.

Yeah. It's not just yaoi. My best friend who I initially met through anime (not one of the hypocrites either) recently expressed that she's just not that into anime any more. I invited another friend to see Captain America a while back and she was like "I don't really go to movies anymore, but I could try and do it for you."

I've been in a funk in life lately too... but... I still have hobbies... I still have to entertain myself in my free time. I love them... but what are they doing then? So I poke them here and there and encourage them to not assimilate into the walls in their rooms.

• 2 months later...

Hi

!

Welcome back to YO Rina, I hope you have a great time and lots of fun!

:leaf:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36410&d=1471272332

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome back. I think I understand you. I have no one in my rl sharing the same interest as me. Internet is the only place I can find safe sanctuary lol This sounds sad but yeah.. You said you're now one of the creator? I hope I could read them someday, be it fiction, or if you draw, I could read the manga/doujinshi. Do what makes you happy :)

Thanks. Yeah. Life is really hard and busy right now. So having this creative output really helps.

I try to write original stuff on my own, but writing off other people is super fun and keeps me on my toes. I wish I had more time to draw. Any time I have free time I'm disrupted or someone in my life wants to dictate. DX

Thanks for all the well wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back to Yaoi forums,

/ Rina!

Tbh i'm also busy with reality that I rarely find time to access YO now a days...

;w; seeing how late my reply is lol.

Hi

giphy.gif

Nice you've returned to the family foxy3

I am looking forward to talk with you about animes and mangas and more ;) so when ever you feel like it just hit me up or join the threads

See ya around ;)

Hello

~!

Welcome back to the forum ^_^ i hope you find many amazing friends and RP partners and discover wonderful things around here~ Enjoy your time~!

Heh, thanks for all the recent well wishes

I've been pretty active the last year. This got bumped. But I still love being reminded how welcoming YO is. Especially after experiencing a really bad patch personally.

Also,

you're flashing all that Yurio bait at me. :eek: I can't get over WTTM except that I keep reminding myself his age. I'll leave him to Otabek. That's okay, right? X3

Hahaha... i know how you feel

! even i can't get over it ^///^ yup, i think Otabek will take good care of him!