Miro

@j3d: I totally love your new avatar Takumi-give-me-a-kiss and signature look-at-me-am-I-not-damn- HOT???!!

Gosh. I can't take my eyes off his sweaty neck and his lips.

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN CAMPAIGN AND LET THEM KNOW WE WANT MOVIE # 6 and # 7 or even # 25????

AHAHAHAHA YEEEEEES!!!!! WE WANNA WATCH TAKUMI MOVIE #25!!!!

I could see myself at 80 years old, an old wizened granny which spazzes out waiting for TK 25 release.

I don't mind if it's set in a nursing home. I don't mind if TakuGii & MisuShin are all bald and toothless. Really I don't mind.

(ok right now I'm imagining BABA all bald and toothless. OMG. Yep, I'm totally nuts XD).

On Shin running away - "When I say stay, you stay." ha!

one of the best scene ever. Really. My heart is in my mouth whenever I hear those words.

YEEEEEEEESS MISU, finally you repossess Shing's heart, ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!

Huhuhu one thing I couldn't let my mind off it is Taiki's eyes. I think he's selected becoz of that. I really think that his eyes really look like a puppy. You know the puppy kind eyes that will melt you whenever it begs. LOL

oh wow Shing's puppy eyes.... his eyes' expression is memorable when he whisperes: Suki desu... in fitting room scene-. Really. He seems to be so grateful... he was like: ohhh Arata-san I'm so happy that I could burst into tears .... but I promised not to be a crybaby anymore so I couldn't..... *sigh*sigh*

Shing, don't worry, I cried for you...

• Like 2

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last_sky16

• yojichan

• j3dmed

• go-onder

Movies don't exist for bed scenes alone...

That would probably be my first impression of Pure. Of course, I am not going to complain if they added some bed scenes. But the kiss at the beginning of the movie is enough for me to be absorbed by the story. The fact that this is the only movie in the series that did not put the spotlight on Gii and Takumi is both refreshing and sad, but hey - Baba Ryouma has enough on-screen charm to keep me fascinated with the entire movie.

I got a bit confused with the side story of the other lovers, but that's just me.

I also got fascinated when Arata said ' Don't get close to Haruma, it annoys me..' That would be the quote of the day.

I think they were able to develop both the characters to the extent that you get to sympathize with them personally. Shingyoji with his family problems and not wanting to stay at home and looking for someone to support and love him is not unique but it provides the backdrop for his story. He looks the part - lost young kid with some issues, specially his self-confidence, definitely clueless on love (but not as in Takumi's case). Arata with his superiority complex, a leader in his own right, and a charmer just like Gii with a number of admirers himself. Just his demeanor is enough to make everyone swoon.

While making the title 'Pure' is entirely up to the viewers' interpretation. I just think Pure applies more to Takumi in more ways than one. Arata and Shingyoji relationship is not as deep as Takumi and Gii to make it pure. It's still on its early stages, where the roles are being established between each other. Yeah, Arata is the master here, but his partner is also a bit on the rebel side. The fact that he can declare his love even before being together is somewhat a contradiction of his character, that of being lacking in self-confidence. But then again, love can make you do things you think impossible right?

First allow me to express how profound your words mean to me. You nailed it right on the head when you said movies don't exist for bed scenes alone and yes this perfectly applies to Pure. I always said that with such hot kisses, we actually didn't crave for a bed scene but then again can you imagine if there was with all that passion already poured in such kisses? I admit like many others, the kiss really drew me closer but I must say that when they first laid eyes on each other for the first time. The way they looked at each really really got to me. So many things going on with that stare.

Another thing that attracts me to the MisuShin pairing is that the both of them are just as possessive as they can be. And they are almost equally just as aggressive to each other. Their relationship is so much different than the other couples around them and what makes them so different is what makes them so special.

I think BabaTaiki really understood that level of relationship they were to execute onscreen. Their chemistry was undeniable, it was electric. You could see that they really enjoy their scenes together and they immersed themselves into the characters yet at the same time bringing their own interpretation of it. Not only was it so effective but very convincing as well. For a pair of actors who have never had been in a movie together as a romantic couple in the past, they did a very remarkable performance. They were not playing "the other couple" in a Takumi-kun movie. They really resonated so well to the audience, even gaining new fans and loyalists. There is always something new and interesting to talk about them. You can be assured that you will be surprised and wanting more. :)

• Like 1

I'm so excited replying to all the wonderful comments... so... :)

@ShivaDrake - I was envious and jealous of the awesome avatars and signatures of the posters here. They got some incredible photos and images of actors and manga I long to see and get to know. So I asked myself, what would be the appropriate photo to use as signature and avatar? First thing on my mind is the Japanese actor who made such am impression to me - Satoshi Tsumabuki, but he is not acting in a BL movie (as far as I know). So who is the one I admire the most just by watching him in a movie? HAMAO KYUOSUKE!!! He has this innocent look on his face that is not fake. He is so honest and truthful in his portrayals, even after watching those cooking lessons and bungee jumping (yes, I watched all of those youtube videos).

- - -

AHAHAHAHA YEEEEEES!!!!! WE WANNA WATCH TAKUMI MOVIE #25!!!!

I could see myself at 80 years old, an old wizened granny which spazzes out waiting for TK 25 release.

I don't mind if it's set in a nursing home. I don't mind if TakuGii & MisuShin are all bald and toothless. Really I don't mind.

(ok right now I'm imagining BABA all bald and toothless. OMG. Yep, I'm totally nuts XD).

- - -

LOL Yes, Movie # 25!!!! I hope there are enough make up artists to make sure the guys look old and still in love with each other. Nursing home indeed! Gosh, your sense of humour is driving me crazy.

Baba bald and toothless and still wearing only a pajama and nothing more.... LOL

• Like 1

June! wow! :)

Both of them are indeed possessive. But Misu's possessiveness is the dominant in their realtionship. Shing is someone who will step back A STEP like when he wishes that he could stay beside Misu even if Misu didnt love him. But Misu... I dun he just wont let go of Shingyouji at all. He wants Shin's love only for him and no one could stand between them. Hehehe *enthusiastism overload*

Here's a poem entitled Control by Danielle Murphy. I think what it says here about relationship applies to both of them in a subtle way...

No more hiding in the shadows

Afraid to admit defeat

To show the fear you craved

To sound the cries that fed your lust

I stand on the precipice

Looking down at what you were

What you made me

Words forever burned in my mind

I stand now where you once stood

In control

But without the violence

Lacking the malicious intentions

That bent me to your will

No more hiding in the shadows

Afraid to admit my desires

Blindly accepting what you spoke as truth

My revenge on you

Is accepting what I've been granted

And leaving you in the dark

Where you belong

- - -

The poem, however, is a bit on the dark side. Something I don't think both Misu and Shing are capable of. I mean, Pure remains the basic term to describe their relationship, which is - at best - still on its very early stages. How I wonder if movie #6 would be made for them for the reason that their fans wanted to see how the relationship goes????

• Like 1

Yojichan!!!! :)

Let me start with this...

I think BabaTaiki really understood that level of relationship they were to execute onscreen. Their chemistry was undeniable, it was electric. You could see that they really enjoy their scenes together and they immersed themselves into the characters yet at the same time bringing their own interpretation of it. Not only was it so effective but very convincing as well. For a pair of actors who have never had been in a movie together as a romantic couple in the past, they did a very remarkable performance. They were not playing "the other couple" in a Takumi-kun movie. They really resonated so well to the audience, even gaining new fans and loyalists. There is always something new and interesting to talk about them. You can be assured that you will be surprised and wanting more.

What is it about Japanese actors that made them so perceptive to emotions? I mean, the feeling of love and loss (permit me to use the title of your fiction) is something not learned but felt and experienced. They have such sense of right and wrong, of good and evil? of love and hate? of every spectrum of emotions?

I've watched some amazing young actors through the years and made them objects of desires and even spent timeless hours researching their works - Ben Whishaw, Jamie Bell, Nicholas Hoult, James McAvoy, Jesse Eisenberg, Kostja Ullmann, Gaspard Ulliel, Gregoire Leprince Ringet, Malik Zidi.... but their Japanese counterparts win by a mile.

Baba Ryuoma for one is so amazing that I wanted to watch him in any way I can. He can portray a security guard for all I care I just want to see his eyes - his stares can melt ice and those lithe almost androgynous body. There is nothing effeminate in him but he is beautiful. Taiki on the other hand possesses that youthful innocent brimming with desire and self-fulfillment and the need to make his 'master' happy. He has this innate ability to make you feel like you need to protect him.

Yes, they are the 'other couple' in the Takumi series. While I still long for more Takumi Gii love exploration, I also look forward for some more Misu-Shin interaction.

Key word - INFINITY.

• Like 2

@j3dmed

Actually the new novel of Takumi-kun Wind and Light, Moon and Dog is MisuShin's spin off.

That is why most of MisuShin's fans are hoping for the next movie.

In this novel, the writer revealed more of Misu's true self.

I once heard that people asked Baba chan in a fanmeeting about the new Misu and he just said "It's a secret."

I read a short Japanese review said that Misu finally reveal his feeling to Shingyouji.

Both of them seems like in a life conflict and this sounds so INTERESTING!!!

I hope the producer is willing to make a movie for that novel.

But MOST importantly with BabaTaiki as MisuShin!!!!

• Like 3

He needs to be tortured... :) LOL

I have to imagine how Misu will try to confess his love. How can he do that? He's trying to be too cool and 'nonchallant' about his feelings to Shing! :hamtaro-005 (5):

• Like 1

[ QUOTE=j3dmed]He needs to be tortured... LOL

I have to imagine how Misu will try to confess his love. How can he do that? He's trying to be too cool and 'nonchallant' about his feelings to Shing!

I had a vision that the confession would be like this.

10faae76-049f-4b93-b870-02ef7d65af97.jpg

Just change the faces with MisuShin and imagine it as well. xD

• Like 4

OMG June!

OMG...

for the very, very first time in our mutual MisuShin fangurling history, I cannot agree with the imagery you posted here. i normally agree with you on everything and anything MisuShin-related except this one.

oh June sweetheart, i'm so sorry.

i really can't. it's totally not how i visualize how Misu would confess to Shingyouji.

i can't....i feel like a sad panda right now. T____T

• Like 1

@yojichan

Hahaha hey dun feel like that I was juz joking around. ^^

Well itz initially not like that at all...

Dun feel worry about that... xDDDD

Actually I couldn't find any proper image for it.

But what I trully meant is that Misu might confess it in a very mean way.

The picture shows how the man confessing to his lover by the mean words and I was pointing at that. ^____^

not how the real confessing is about. well nvm if u get it wrong and maybe i am wrong. ^^

• Like 2

i think to give us all a glimpse as to how Misu would confess has already been shown in Pure.

the scene where he holds Shingyouji's wrist...not his hand...but his wrist and looks at it like he's studying it. holding the wrist means "You're mine and mine alone."

that face...it wasn't demanding with the way he talked...when he said..."It irritates me"...wow...just wow...it was right there..

that's the beauty of their relationship is that it goes beyond words, just a touch, just a look.

and with that Shingyouji just knew...he's being loved all this time. and he smiles..

Yeah, Pure showed that glimpse for all of us. :D

• Like 3

Hi, my fellow Pure fans. Why don't we clear some things up? You guys are confusing me with mixing first and last names. Are there rules for putting a pairing names together?? If so, let me know.

@last_sky16, @yojichan, @allPurefans :p

BabaTaiki - Baba Ryouma and Naitou Taiki. I believe Naitou is his last name- shouldnt it be BabaNaitou?

Arata Misu and Shingyouji ???? I forgot his first name?

@Last_sky16

Actually I couldn't find any proper image for it.

But what I trully meant is that Misu might confess it in a very mean way.

The picture shows how the man confessing to his lover by the mean words and I was pointing at that. ^____^

you could TOTALLY DRAW IT. :D :D :D

i think to give us all a glimpse as to how Misu would confess has already been shown in Pure.

the scene where he holds Shingyouji's wrist...not his hand...but his wrist and looks at it like he's studying it. holding the wrist means "You're mine and mine alone."

that face...it wasn't demanding with the way he talked...when he said..."It irritates me"...wow...just wow...it was right there..

that's the beauty of their relationship is that it goes beyond words, just a touch, just a look.

and with that Shingyouji just knew...he's being loved all this time. and he smiles..

Yeah, Pure showed that glimpse for all of us

Gooooosh Yoji you expressed it much better than I could have.

yes, he held his WRIST. NOT HIS HAND. and he said "it irritates me". NOT "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU".

Misu's feelings are expressed in every his act, in every his look. No word could express better what he feels for Shing.

Seriously, my head has been so full of yaoi clichè that first time I watched Pure a lot of scenes made me think "Okay, right now Misu is gonna say I LOVE YOU, SHINGYOUJI. such as in fitting room scene, before Misu kissed Shing I thought: oookkkkkaaaay right now he's gonna say "Shingyouji....... suki desu". But he didn't.

And while he was holding Shing's wrist I thought: ooooooookaaay maybe before I was wrong but NOW he'll surely say I LOVE YOU, SHINGYOUJI. and he didn't.

and I'm so grateful that he didn't that, because those words have to be said in a very very precious way. sooooo precious that I can't even imagine it!!!!!!! WWWOOOOOOOOOOWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are confusing me with mixing first and last names. Are there rules for putting a pairing names together?? If so, let me know.

@last_sky16, @yojichan, @allPurefans :p

BabaTaiki - Baba Ryouma and Naitou Taiki. I believe Naitou is his last name- shouldnt it be BabaNaitou?

Arata Misu and Shingyouji ???? I forgot his first name?

@Sloan: Kanemitsu XDXD!!!!!

Just try: AraKan??!! AraShing?? ShingAra??? KaneMisu???!!! MISUSHIN!! It sounds better, no?

moreover it makes me think of a yummy mushroom....

• Like 3

I'm so happy you called me Sloan.... for some reason people like calling me akira lol. i guess its common japanese name...

@Sloan: Well, there is actually no specific rule in putting the names together really. I just play it by ear and which sounds more appealing. All this joining of names is a pretty common activity amongst fans. But if you have a personal preference other than MisuShin or BabaTaiki or TakuGii or DaiMao then by all means use it. I'd be curious to find out what it is. :D

@ShivaDrake: Oh gosh, thank you. *giggles* That scene towards the end in Pure happens to be one of the most poignant scenes I adore. That whole exchange really showed the depth of their relationship. Like you, I am very much relieved that Misu didn't go all cheesy and said I love you, Shingyouji. He expressed his feelings so differently that you have to be Shingyouji to understand it and no one else. You notice how Shingyouji's eyes widened in realization after Misu said "It irritates me"? Misu was being Misu the whole time.

When I watch Takumi-kun 5, the scenes where they talk about each other further gives evidence as to the kind of relationship they actually share. Man, I wish I could write a story already if I wasn't too occupied now. :) Ideas are swimming in my head again.

• Like 1

@yojichan

You notice how Shingyouji's eyes widened in realization after Misu said "It irritates me"? Misu was being Misu the whole time.

I was confused about that part. I was practically holding my breath at this scene, wondering what would Misu say. Then he said TaKUMI-kun, I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? WHat does this boy have to do with it??? OUT OF NOWHERE. He didn't do anything much but I guess he was jealous of him spending too much time with him lately and less with Misu, which I guessed bothered him since he didn't visit him in the nurse room. It really paints who he was but hahahaha that part seemed a bit random to me. Misu KNOWS it's NOT THE PROBLEM b-but he certainly didnt want to let his guard down. KEKEKEKE

• Like 3

Misu isn't jealous on Takumi. What irritate him is the fact that Takumi's boyfriend is Gii so he don't want that Shin change because he is close to Takumi who is close to Gii. Even in TK 5 when Takumi and Misu spoke about Shin Misu said to Takumi that 'it's all thanks to dating Saki'. Then left and Takumi made big eyes.

• Like 2

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Here we go! Here we go! I love it when were getting all analytical on this. hahahahha!

I'm imagining Misu on the table and we're all surrounding him and then we start poking a body part and wonder...hmmm...what happens when I do THIS? xD

When i was watching that scene from Pure, a large part of me as i've mentioned before is grateful Misu didn't say I love you. A large of me was even hoping he won't say it. That would be too premature at this point in time. Besides, almost ever scene in Pure is really about Misu and Shingyouji professing their love for each other in different ways. It's not surprising that Shingyouji would be the one to say I love you easily because let's not forget, he confessed first and so quickly at that. We get to see his assertive and aggressive side. This is a guy who will not take chances.

For Misu to say "It irritates me." He has nothing against Takumi at all. What irritates him is the time and attention Shingyouji seem to spend with Takumi more. He is also worried about the kind of influence Takumi might have on Shingyouji. Misu is a really possessive dude. In retrospect, he probably don't want to ever feel left out again as he did with Sagara and helplessly watching the person he likes pine for someone else. I could dig deeper into Misu's psyche as to what makes him tick but I'm not in the condition to do so yet as of this time. :)

and then that realization by Shingyouji...the widening of the eyes after what Misu said...he looked like.."Oh wow! THIS GUY REALLY LOVES ME!" and then he says, "Suki desu, Arata-san." But Misu cuts him off but we could see that Shingyouji's face looked a lot more confident now.

With Misu, it's really never have been what he says but rather how he says it and the time he chooses to say them. :)

as for Misu's comment "It's all thanks to dating Saki." hmmm...you know that kinda threw me off. i will need to watch the movie again to understand what exactly he meant by that. Did he actually mean anything serious by saying that or he just wanted to distract Takumi and confuse him. Because after he said that, he left the room. It was almost like he was escaping. LOL xD

I love how sexily he walked out of the room though. Yum. Makes me wanna walk out too just like that and people will find me weird but i won't mind. xD

• Like 4

I was confused about that part. I was practically holding my breath at this scene, wondering what would Misu say. Then he said TaKUMI-kun, I was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??? WHat does this boy have to do with it??? OUT OF NOWHERE. He didn't do anything much but I guess he was jealous of him spending too much time with him lately and less with Misu, which I guessed bothered him since he didn't visit him in the nurse room. It really paints who he was but hahahaha that part seemed a bit random to me. Misu KNOWS it's NOT THE PROBLEM b-but he certainly didnt want to let his guard down. KEKEKEKE

@Sloan: ahahahaahahah same here, you're totally right

first time watching that scene I was like OMG MISU IS SURELY GONNA SAY SOMETHING REALLY IMPORTANT AND SWEET AND OHYES I'M SURE RIGHT NOW HE'S GONNA UNMASK HIMSELF AND YESYESYES SHING GET READY" and then Takumi ahahahahah gooosha but, yes, I think that's his own way to say "I really care about you, Shing

Misu isn't jealous on Takumi. What irritate him is the fact that Takumi's boyfriend is Gii so he don't want that Shin change because he is close to Takumi who is close to Gii. Even in TK 5 when Takumi and Misu spoke about Shin Misu said to Takumi that 'it's all thanks to dating Saki'. Then left and Takumi made big eyes.

@Roby: well, honestly that sentence confused me a bit....so I'm not sure if I got it right but I think Misu meant that Takumi dating Gii is starting to resemble him in manner...

you know, Gii is always so concerned about other people troubles and in that moment Takumi was trying to analyze MisuShin "love problems" so I think Misu meant something like "you're getting a busybody like your Gii"....ahahaah gossha he’s so allusive (as usual)

oh well really I dunno why Misu is so obsessed by Shing&Takumi friendship… oh well I’ve never thought about the possibility that Misu doesn't approve their friendship becoz he hates Gii and etc… I think Misu is really possessive about his things (including his “pet” sHing) so that he gets mad whenever somebody dares touch his properties … and that somebody is Takumi !

(poor Takumi….I wouldn't want to be in your shoes, dear...xd)

• Like 3

at yojichan

I love how sexily he walked out of the room though. Yum. Makes me wanna walk out too just like that and people will find me weird but i won't mind. xD

Yep. I absolutely LOVED BABA's weird, tall walk. His walk is so distinctive, that even my friend pointed it out. I LOVED it when he ran A LOT in Go-Busters. OMFG, And You know what??? I told my friend, Listen, from now on, I will walk like him. I CALL IT MY BABA WALK. muahahahahahaha.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I am fond of Maokun & Daichan so much.

But if I have to choose the best Takumi kun for me, I choose this PURE ^_^

It's deep and emotional for me & I don't know why I can't count how many times I re - watch it too :)

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

I like Dai and Mao couple, but I like a lot Baba san as well. :Red_fox: It's hard to decide which is my favorite Takumi Kun.

• 1 month later...