Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

animegirl

hiding it is an absolute matter, i mean if my parents knew they might pass out or simply skin me alive, but the thing is that my brother knows about it ,so it makes me feel a bit more relaxed, as for my friends ,i hide it from them as well,cz they would be totally freaked out.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

well my friends know i've got a thing for gays *_* and with one i can talk openly about it :D

i don't really hide it from my fam as well but everytime i start this issue.... well maybe they think i'm crazy haha xD

and my boyfriend......sometimes he gets really jealous of my love for yaoi^^

but i don't really care what others think of me therefor it's to late they already thought i was strange from the beginning^^

hmmm,,, i'm glad that my mom and even my DAD knows i'm watching yaoi.. hahaha,,,

they are really open-minded,, my sister (younger than me), is just not minding me much...

my grandma knows (MAYBE) because my sister tells it to her, she seems concerned but is not talking much..

some of my cousins also know i watch yaoi,, hehehe,,, XD

my friends (close friends) also knows i watch them,, they don't mind me too...

i just wanna share to you guys that a friend once forbid me to watch yaoi, she's saying that it's bad because two men doing it, blah, blah blah!!!

i got really pissed off at her, luckily my other friends defended me saying that romantic live movies with bed scenes (that my friend watches) is also the same with yaoi... Xp

truthfully enough, i'm just watching it and nobody is getting hurt right!!??

this is me!!!!

my family accepts me watching yaoi while being JUST a friend, she doesn't!!! what the...!!!

sorry,, i love yaoi,, and i'm gonna prove that even though i watch yaoi,, i'm still a good person!! XD

• Like 1

There is something wickedly delicious about watching something that is supposed to be 'forbidden'. I think it adds a certain dimension to the watching experience. My family is open minded and so are my friends. I'm new to BL but I have been watching movies like Sommersturm (German film about two young boys), Time to Leave (Le temps qui reste - French film by Francois Ozon) and they are both about love between males. Sexuality is always a sensitive issue if one is from a conservative society. I'm lucky I am not, so I can enjoy whatever movie I want to watch.

But to learn about other BL watchers having problems about it and have to secretly watch it and hide it from their friends and family make me sad. Everyone should have the right to watch what they like. Sexual orientation should not be an issue, as with racial discrimination.

If people - including friends will tell you that watching Yaoi will put you in hell, then treat it as a joke. Because obviously they have no idea what they are talking about.

I also doesn't make you a bad person, REALLY.

• Like 3

j3dmed - you're right friend,,

it totally pisses me off especially when other people discriminates you watching yaoi,, even anime!!!

they say it makes people think like a kid??!! what the!!!

grr... :(

• Like 1

LOL Thanks didz15. I just had an argument with someone at work telling me Anime is for kids and that I am being immature watching it. People can be so uncool sometimes. I just laughed and look at him funny. :)

The funny thing is being male and 25, people keep on insisting I look younger than my age so they have problems taking orders from me. haha

• Like 1

hey no way... everyone here is really, i mean really NICE... don't worry,,, XD...

i just joined here last january and had met good friends,,, XD

nah,, not to worry,, everyone here is a friend... accept my friend request so we can post on each others wall.. look at your notifications above... ;D

Well, I don't really "hide" my passion for YAOI, we can say that I avoid talking about it :p

Just one of my friends knows my "hobby", but when I talk about yaoi or about anime/manga in general she doesn't understand my passion... She always asks me why is so interesting boys love :5yoyo32:

only my younger bro knows that i watch yaoi anime and try to make my own manga and stories and he thinks im super creepy for liking this stuff. absolutely no one else that im close with knows.

if i told my mum she'd have a fit and say that i am abnormal (she always calls me this, though we are both on two incredibly different frequencies) i dunno how my dad would react but he's pretty supportive and understanding with most things

Not especially, but I know that most people would think about yaoi like the dreadful and outrageous thing so I try not to disturb their ,,mind'' with that kind of art:) Just like I don't demonstrate my own homosexuality in everyday life. It's just easier this way.

• Like 1

Not especially, but I know that most people would think about yaoi like the dreadful and outrageous thing so I try not to disturb their ,,mind'' with that kind of art Just like I don't demonstrate my own homosexuality in everyday life. It's just easier this way.

absolutely right. People can have such preconceive notion of what something is, even without ACTUALLY reading or watching or experiencing that 'something'.

its easier to just be silent and enjoy yaoi, but then again, when people react negatively, I do answer back. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

for me, i hide it from my family, my father is really strictly.

i really hate it how he talk to Gays and Lebian. (i really do hate my dad)

to my friends, most of my friends love yaoi ^^ ♥

that why i dont hide it to my friends

If hiding means not talking about it then I should say I do hide it. I read a lot of m/m ebooks and also I love to read mangas. I am not comfortable to talk about that topic with others especially with my parents they would probably think i am a lunatic.

:8onion5:

this is a hard question. some of my friends know i love yaoi, some don't. even if i tried to explain what yaoi is they wouldn't understand. in my country anime is not so widely known so if i try to explain, most of them would just cut me off and say: yea yea that japanese cartoons...

i have only one friend that i can talk about anime and yaoi in general, my other friends have other hobbies and passions so i don't even start conversation that way ...

my family doesn't have to know about it lol my parents are too old fashioned + strictlly christian, probablly they would think i'm spawn of satan of something :D

Hmmm...let's see.

As for my friends, they figured it out by themselves since I don't really talk too much regarding this topic. I really don't want them to find out since they really hated same gender relationships, even their hate is so obvious. That's why I tend to keep it, but they later find out and think that I am insane. (Til' now i resented them for that)

Then my parents, they really don't know and I am afraid that they'll find out.

TT I only have few people to share about my yaoi fandom, only here in YaoiOtaku and my few bi-friends.

I wouldn't say I hide it all, neither do I go out of my way to let others know. If they saw it I would be just like yeah, thats mine :)

@earl.phantomhive:

Yeah, that's like I do it, too :D If anyone would ask me if I like reading yaoi, I would say "yes" but I wouldn't go around and scream "OMG yaoi is so hawt!".

• Like 1

well i told some of my closest friends and i also told my sister, and she's just "ummm...ok..." but i made her swore not to tell our parent, can't imagine their reaction :7yoyo:

• Like 1

The only person I've told is my mother but I told her most of it was very mild. hehehe. I don't know what I would do if she ever actually seen one.

• Like 2