• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yaoi-fangirl01

• Nena21

• misakixusagi

• Inulain

I read yaoi in public because I don't care what people think of me.

I say that but try not to get caught by my family, so confusing...

Most of the time I draw yaoi in public though, I'm not much for carrying books

around since I'm likely to spill something on it or melt the glue from the binding

if I leave it in the car....ha. Also I find my chibi moleskine easier to hide.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm sorta. But there's one time I was reading love prism in my phone when I was inside the library. Though people pass behind me, I couldn't care less since my cellphone screen is so small so I expected that they wouldn't see. I was hoping they wouldn't mind but when they pass again in front of me, this time, they gave me a second look.

I thought they couldn't see a thing but I guess they saw something based on their reactions. So from then on, based on experience, there's no way I'm reading something that lewd on public--never again.

no, i'd be lynched hahahaha

but i do read ebooks ~of a certain quality~ in public, if it's not too crowded and no one can peek over my shoulder.

I sometimes read my yaoi at school when I need a break from studying. Thankfully my tablet's screen is small so people can't see everything.

I'm guilty! I read yaoi manga on the bus and trains but I always always make sure that there's no one's sitting beside me or at the back. Hihi. And also when I'm waiting for class to start and whenever I'm alone. Yaoi is the best companion ever!!! Mehehe!

• 2 months later...

I do that, too. But I'm always careful to put a "proper" book in front of my yaoi manga so that, on the outside at least, it seems as if I were studying or reading scientific stuff, when in reality my brains are sizzling with yaoi pictures and information. Of course, when the trams or buses are full, my strategy doesn't work anymore, so then I have to really read the "serious" books I brought along.

But now that I joined YO, in such situations I can just take my phone out and quickly log in to see what's going on in here. That helps to forget the squashed crowd around me ;)

• 1 month later...

I am totally guilty of reading yaoi manga and watching yaoi anime in public places....the only problem is that sometimes I get turned on and don't know what to do (since I'm in public)

• 4 weeks later...

I dont care if i read it in public or not...i usually disguise the outer cover...when ppl ask what i am reading...i tell them its hot boy love...

Yup. I read yaoi manga in my phone and I also listen to BLCD drama in my phone with an earphone. So basically, laptop for the indoor (more like my room only) use while my phone is outdoor use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I once read a Japanese copy of loveless on the train. No one else could read it so who cared? It's not like Loveless has anything particularly risqué.

I remember taking showing a Japanese copy of junjou to a colleague once under the pre text of a friend brought it for me. I don't divulge to colleagues that I'm anything other than someone on the straight and narrow in all ways.

• 1 month later...

I am guilty of both reading and having it with me in public but, I have since learned that there is a time and a place for everything and the bus is probably not the best place to be reading hardcore man sex. It's shameless really hahah

C'mon,people are acually having sex in public places. Having some innocent yaoi stuff with you in public won't be a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I would be too paranoid reading yaoi in public. Even if I'm alone on a bus or train, I will just feel like someone is watching me and I will continue looking around like an idiot lol. Yaoi can only be read indoors for me.

- - - Updated - - -

i read yaoi on my computer in public, so i've become an expert on figuring what angles to sit at so people don't see. also i switch tabs real fast lol

haha so true, I'm an expert when it comes to knowing what angles to sit- it comes from years of experience. Still can't read in public though :(