Your Hero (Zombie and 鼠ドル) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

John buttoned up a light blue dress shirt, the only dress shirt he owned, and walked towards the door. He wore black jeans that clung to his hips, but didn't bother with a jacket. The night was still warm and he opened the door with his heart in his throat. He was nervous, but didn't intend to let it show. Arthur was good looking alright, good enough to eat up. "Right on time" John noted, with a smile on his face. "Where are you taking me?"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• 鼠ドル

Arthur looked up once the door opened, offering a light grin to the man that soon left the house. "There's a cafe I really like going to. It usually isn't that crowded, good music, things like that. I hope you like it there." He smiled, beginning to walk towards his car. "Plus, it has a great food variety." He added before getting into the driver's seat. Tossing a look at John, the man buckled up his seat belt, turning on the engine. Music soon came from the radio, just of a local station. He reached over, opening the drawer to reveal a rather impressive collection of various CD's. "Feel free to look through them, if you find anything you like." He smiled, beginning to drive through the city.

"Sounds good" John said, and followed him to the car. He was quite relieved to not go anywhere fancy, he just didn't have the money or refinement for it. "Let's see..." he mumbled while going through the CDs. "No way, you like Mötley Cruë?" grinning he put the CD in the player "Some good old rock n' roll". John wasn't used to dating, but he figured it wasn't a bad way to start.

It wasn't like Arthur intended to let John pay at all tonight. He would buy the dinner for both of them, that question never even rose up in his mind. "I like many things, y'know?" Arthur chuckled, relaxing against the seat, the music soon filling the car. He tried to think of something to say, but nothing really came to mind... The usual family conversation again, then. "Tell me something about your sister. How'd she react when you came back?" He asked, stopping by a red light. He really hoped not to make things awkward between them...

John stared out the window, relaxing in his seat

"I think she was happy that I'm back. She wouldn't tell me that herself, y'know, but she looked happy" he mused. "She's pretty smart, I think she could get into any college she'd want. I just have to get a job so she'd stop worrying so much". Pulling his fingers through his hair he glanced towards Arthur "but let's not talk about that now. Tell me something about yourself"

Arthur's lips pulled into a smile without him realizing it. It was nice to hear John talk about his sister, it seemed to reveal his best side. He was really glad he had someone out of prison. The people who didn't have anyone often ended up on the streets. "There's honestly not much to tell." Arthur chuckled, making a swift turn. "My biggest problem in life are my parents refusing to accept my orientation. I'm just glad I realized I should pretend it's a phase, else I would've gone to one of those camps. You know, the ones where people are supposedly turned straight. My parents are really religious." He spoke, keeping his eyes on the road. "I kind of wish I had a sibling. I'm jealous of that kind of bond." After all, he never really felt like he could trust people in his family.

Not quite knowing what to say, John simply nodded. He knew people who had been kicked out of their parent's house simply for being gay, so he could understand that fear and the difficulty of being an outcast. "It must be hard to be alone" he finally added, mostly to himself.

Arthur blinked a few times, his cheeks heating up. "Ah, I-... Sorry, I made this all depressing." He stuttered slightly, glancing to John for a moment, a sheepish smile on his face. "I have friends here, plenty of which understand me. I have a good life, I really can't complain." He smiled softly before turning his attention back to the road. "Ah... Here we are." He murmured, finding a space to park before turning off the engine. He got out of the car, motioning to the door right next to their spot. "After you." He smiled, looking at John with a rather soft gaze. He really wanted for this night to work out. He specifically picked this cafe, not just because the food and the atmosphere were good, but because it was a gay-friendly place. He always felt safer there.

John couldn't help but smile when he saw the other blushing lightly again, it really was an adorable trait.

"Thanks" he said, walking through the door with his hands casually in his pockets. Scanning the room quickly, he hummed to himself, not bad. It wasn't the fanciest place, but it was cozy rather than run down.

"Where should we sit?" John asked, turning towards Arthur.

Arthur motioned towards a table at the corner, close to a bookshelf, with a small sofa on one side and a comfy armchair on the other. "There, it's empty." He smiled, walking towards the table. The man sat down on the couch, but left enough space if John wanted to sit next to him. If not, he could sit at the armchair. Arthur looked at his date, a small smile playing on his plump lips. "Are you hungry or do we just get drinks and some dessert?" He asked, shrugging off the leather jacket. For the first time John would see the massive tattoo on his arm - after all, before he'd always been with his uniform.

John slid into the armchair. "Drinks and something small to eat would be nice" he said with a small grin. As the other shrugged off his jacket, John was surprised to see a tattoo. Arthur hadn't seemed like the type to get tattoos, but it did suit him in an a way that he just couldn't quite put his finger on. John let his eyes roam for a short moment before turning his attention to the menu. "I think I'll try their Whiskey Ale. Do you want to split some starters?"

Arthur nodded, taking the menu into his hands before leaning against the couch. "If it's about the money, don't worry, I'll pay for whatever you want." He replied, glancing up with a smile. "It's my treat. Though their salads are great here, you should try getting something." The man suggested before flipping to the drinks page. "Mm... Since I'm driving, I guess I'll just get myself an Americano." He murmured, more to himself than to John. He wasn't a big fan of alcohol in the first place, so he definitely didn't mind not drinking any.

"Alright" John leaned back, eyeing the other carefully with a small smile on his lips "since you know what's good here, you can pick something for us to eat". He motioned to the waitress to come and get their order. He wondered what the other would pick for him, how well he knew John's taste. Not that he expected too much, him and Arthur hadn't really know each other for that long anyway. It puzzled him how the other would so willingly help him out and do him favors, and a date was all he asked for in return? John couldn't really believe people to be that kind.

Arthur's eyebrows raised up slightly when he was told he could order for them both. A wide grin soon lit up on his face and he quickly went through the menu, picking out the best things for them to eat. When the waitress came, he ended up ordering salad with shrimps, a plate of fried bread sticks with a variety of food, and for dessert - chocolate mousse and vanilla ice cream. "You satisfied with this?" He asked, looking up at his date before the waitress could leave. If anything, he had alternatives, though these were the things he knew would taste good in this cafe.

Amused John looked on as the other enthusiastically ordered food for them. It was quite endearing.

"Yeah, sounds delicious" he grinned and nodded to the waitress who seemed a little flushed. He added their drinks to the order and turned back to his date. John waited before the waitress had gone to fetch their drinks before asking "so, you come here often?"

Arthur glanced at the other, nodding with a big smile on his face. "Yeah, this is one of my favorite places to come." He replied, leaning back comfortably against the couch. "Do you have any places you like to go?" He asked, his eyes fixed on John. How long had he been dreaming about a date with this man? Well, he'd been dreaming about a whole lot more than that, but... He honestly didn't think he'd ever even get a date. This still felt like a dream, rather than the reality.

Often? He wondered how many other dates Arthur had brought to this place, but decided to not ask more about it.

"I don't know" he mused, shrugging, "I guess there are a few places I like, like the bar just down the road"

The waitress came to them with their drinks, John thanked her before taking a sip of his drink. It wasn't half-bad and he relished the smokey taste of whiskey in his mouth.

Arthur's smile faded out slightly. He probably shouldn't have asked that. John spent a lot of time in prison, after all... He really hoped he didn't come off as trying to rub it in. "By the way, what do you plan on doing now? Searching for a job?" The man asked cautiously after accepting his big cup of coffee. He put in two packets of sugar and only then took a sip. He was a big fan of sweets, always had been.

"Yeah, that's the plan" John gave a half-sided grin. "Not sure anyone would hire a guy like me, but a man's gotta try"

John took a sip and glanced around the place. His eyes fell back on Arthur and he smiled again. Why not leave those worries for another time and just enjoy the night? he thought to himself. He was after all in good company, and didn't mind resting his eyes on his former guard. It was a good night to be free.

Arthur smiled back, nodding lightly. "If you ever need help, I'm always easy to reach." He said, taking a sip from his cup again. It was beginning to feel slightly awkward. Hell, he was feeling really nervous. It wouldn't be hard for him to blurt something stupid out now. Thankfully, the rest of the date went well. Slowly, the two of them began talking more, got a bit more comfortable with one another, while Arthur found himself sinking deeper and deeper into his wishes.

He ended up paying for them both, as he intended to, and stood up with a satisfied smile across his face. "This was really nice. I'll drive you home." He smiled, grabbing his jacket into his arms. Sure, he would have preferred for them to go straight to his place and end the night in bed, but perhaps that was wanting for too much.

"Yeah, it was nice, thanks" John smiled and stood up as well. Once in the car he sat quietly wondering about the end of the date on their way back to John's place. Was the other really that sweet and innocent as to only expect a date and then take him home? Well, in any way, John had really enjoyed the dinner and Arthur really was his type. Arthur might not be the forward type, but he was. The silence was comfortable even as they rolled up to the house. John figured he might as well go for it and turned to Arthur. "Thanks again for the dinner, I had a really nice time" he said as he smiled his most charming smile and placed a hand on the other man's thigh.

The way home was quiet, but neither of them seemed to mind. He stopped by John's house, turning to his date with a smile playing on his face. His heart jumped at the hand that was placed on his thigh. He looked up with slight disbelief, his plump lips parting. "We don't have to end our time just yet." He replied, reaching over to lightly cup John's cheek, moving closer. He really hoped he didn't misread the other's actions. This was too good to be true by now, but the hand on his thigh was burning hot, only proving the reality.

John closed the gap between them and claimed Arthur's lips in a kiss. His other hand came to rest at the other's chin. The kiss was almost better than he had imagined, with those soft plush lips.

Arthur's eyes closed involuntarily as their lips met, his hand sliding towards John's hair, fingers tangling into the soft locks. He let their lips mingle for a few moments before pulling back, his lips staying parted as he opened his mouth. "Let's head to my place instead." He muttered, still feeling the other's lips on his own. He could barely believe this was happening. He couldn't wait until he was pinned down and fucked - which he really hoped would happen soon.

John grinned and leaned back in his seat. Yeah, this will be even better than I expected, he thought. Squeezing the thigh he still had his hand on lightly he said "let's go" in a husky voice. Now he really hoped the other wasn't living too far away. Why do we have to go to his place? The question popped into his mind but disappeared quite fast again. He did have more urgent things on his mind.