Falling Into Repeat (Raychu and Zombie) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

In just three days, Adam was deemed ready to be released from the hospital. For the first time, he was actually looking forward to leaving this place, because he had something even better waiting for him. Of course, he still felt awful, to say the least. He was far from being done with the withdrawal, besides his clothes and old, tattered backpack were not really appropriate for public wear. He didn't feel comfortable enough to ask Garret for new clothes, however. He was probably enough of a bother already. He shouldn't make things even worse.

Adam wanted to go and find a job as soon as possible, but no one would want to hire a drug addict... The one place he thought could actually help him was a cafe that hired ex-convicts and drug addicts, like himself. Perhaps he could try to get some sort of a job there. He was hurried out of his room by an unfamiliar nurse, then continued being nearly pushed out through the front door. There he realized he didn't really know where he was supposed to meet Garret... Maybe this would all end up being just a joke. That thought still terrified him, more than anything. He was fine with not having hope and continuing with his life like that, but to be given hope and then having it torn out again? That would destroy what little sanity he had left.

Finally, Adam decided to seat himself down in a closed-off corner in the lounge, hoping not to draw too much attention to himself from other people. He brought his arms tightly around his backpack, beginning to chew on his lip out of nervousness. His leg began bouncing as his anxiety levels rose higher and higher. Everything around him seemed to get louder. He felt like everyone was staring at him. His body was beginning to tremble lightly. He felt cold. He knew what was the closest place to get something that would ease his suffering... But he didn't want to disappoint Garret. That man trusted him enough to invite him to live with him. He couldn't betray his trust like that. He just... Couldn't do that.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• Raychu

Garret was the last of the nurses to know that Adam was discharged. After finishing his rounds, he tried to check on the his roommate, only to find it was empty. The tests had already been completed, where was he? Luckily it wasn't anything bad. The doctor decided it was time to kick him out and send him home. Home... Adam would be living with him now, huh? Garret couldn't help but smile at the thought. He was happy, excited, and anxious to get the man home. A potential friend and lover was something he couldn't turn down. He couldn't turn Adam down.

"I'm begging you. It's an emergency! I really need to go home," he whined, trying to get the head nurse to let him off early. He didn't have much of an excuse besides that it was an emergency. What was the emergency? He'd have to make a good enough lie to get her to find someone else to replace him for the rest of the day.

"I don't understand Garret, what is so important you need to leave?" He shifted on his feet nervously, searching his head for the best lie he could come up with.

"My brother is at my house! You don't understand. He was supposed to come on my day off, he didn't. Please, he can't be left alone." With a for more pleading cries and sighs, he finally was let off. He changed out of his uniform and get into more comfortable clothes. A dark brown sweater, black pants, and his normal rundown sneakers. He hated wearing the scrubs. They looked and felt horrible.

Garret searched around for where Adam could be. At the back of the hospital, at the front. Was he inside? With the nurse's luck, he would be. He decided to just go for the outside first. Who would want to hang outside in this weather? Not him. Stepping inside, he saw his roommate hidden off from everyone else. Not a people person? That was okay. Garret wouldn't be inviting his family over anytime soon.

"Adam!" He called out with a gentle smile, walking towards him. Rubbing his hands together, he reached out a hand. "Time to go home. Oh, to warn you. I don't have any spare beds at the moment so I hope you don't mind sharing with me. We need to make you a room and-! We'll talk about this when we get there..."

Adam's head snapped up when his name was called out. Gods, the relief that he felt when he saw Garret!.. There were small beads of sweat on his forehead, but that didn't stop him from letting out a smile when he looked up at the nurse. Home. It was such a nice word. The man took his roommate's hand, quickly pulling himself up from the chair, holding the backpack close to himself with his free hand.

"You really shouldn't worry about me so much. I can sleep wherever, I don't really need a room of my own either... It's not like I have any personal belongings." The man let out a nervous chuckle, seemingly embarrassed about his lack of items. The thing he was looking forward the most, however, was getting to use a shower. He knew his clothes smelled disgusting. He himself probably still smelled disgusting... Then again, he looked that way as well. The man let go of Garret's hand, looking down at his feet. He still didn't feel entirely comfortable with going to stay with the nurse. He felt out of place.

"I still can't thank you enough." He muttered out quietly, glancing up in an almost shy manner. He had his arms wrapped around his backpack and himself, with his body trembling the slightest bit. He still felt like everyone in the lobby was staring at him. They probably were. Parents would be telling their children to look out for the likes of him, to avoid people like him. People who sat even remotely close to him stood up and changed their seats when he first sat down. He was an outcast, and he wasn't sure that would change even if his lifestyle did.

"Then I'll just spoil you. Buy you clothes, essential items, gifts. You live with me now. Not that I'm against you sleeping on the same bed with me... I think it's fair to give you a proper room, even if you don't use it all the time," he said happily. He was trying to be as welcoming as he could. Everything he said was genuine. He'd by Adam gifts after he found out what he liked. Take him to the store to buy him new clothes. Garret wanted to do it all. He didn't expect Adam to just get a job and move out. If they were going to be roommates, he was going to make it special.

"For starters, after you brush your teeth and get yourself cleaned, you can thank me in plenty of kisses. How about it?" He teased the other, noticing some of the people were shocked from him openly flirting. He didn't have a problem doing anything like that in public. If he did, he wouldn't have kissed Adam in the hospital room. In a way it was secluded, only a bit. Garret had enough confidence in himself to be open, even if people weren't okay with it. He was him. They were them.

Guiding the way out of the hospital, he rounded the corner, leading them to his car. It wasn't anything fancy. A black, beat up, 1999 camaro. It was the best he had and the offer on it was surprisingly cheap for what it could've been worth at the time. Climbing in the driver's side, he started his baby up with the key. Was it silly he was this excited? Maybe. That wasn't the biggest of his worries. When did he have time to take Adam shopping? After Adam had got settled in, he quickly drove far away from the hospital. He was sure Adam didn't want anything to do with this place anymore.

"I'm serious by the way. What I said in the hospital. I'm going to spoil you, make you feel welcome, which you are. I can't force you to use your room. If you stay in mine the entire time, I'll start being more aggressive about my passes." He really didn't want Adam to feel like he didn't belong. Garret hadn't had anyone stay with him in so long, this was bound to be an amazing experience.

Adam was taken aback by how good Garret was being to him. He couldn't even refuse the clothes or gifts, mostly because he felt that if he opened his mouth, he would end up crying. He was even more surprised, even shocked, when the nurse flirted with him so openly. He was sure such actions were reserved to closed off spaces, where no one else could see them... No one would want to be seen with someone like Adam, especially not flirting. Quite frankly, the attention that was drawn to them due to Garret's words made him feel incredibly uncomfortable. He was more than happy to finally leave the hospital.

Adam carefully climbed into the car, placing his backpack on his lap before hesitantly reaching over to buckle himself in. He glanced up at the nurse once he began speaking again. His lips pulled into a faint smile at the last sentence, but he felt like he needed to make some things clear. "I can't just take things from you... I promise I'll try to find a job as soon as possible and at least pay rent, and until then I'll help however I can with housework, with meals, just, anything you need. I'd feel horrible if I just took everything and didn't give anything back." He muttered out, casting his gaze downwards.

"Um..." He bit down on his lip, clearly feeling uncomfortable with whatever he was about to mention. "I... I think I should get tested for STD's... I'm not even sure where I need to go for that, could you... Help me out?" He asked quietly, with both hesitance and embarrassment in his voice. There were times when he was taken in by someone with sex as the payment. He had no idea whether he was clean. He certainly didn't want to end up transferring something to Garret... Though it wasn't like he expected for them to have sex. If anything, he wasn't sure if he even wanted to - of course, if the nurse showed interest, he'd give in. That would only be fair.

"Which is fine by me. I could use all the help I can get. Just... Don't think you aren't welcome," he murmured, his lips becoming a straight line. Ever since Garret's brother started dabbling in drugs, he was alone. He was a people person and could've hung out with them, it wasn't enough. He could only seem people every now and then due to their schedules never mixing up right. With someone living with him, he wouldn't feel so alone, like a family. His parents would visit when they weren't babying his brother and the decisions he made. With Adam around, maybe he'd feel whole again. Someone to talk with, joke with, all sorts of things.

"Mm. We could go to another clinic. Any specific time you want that done? I'd need to schedule a day off for work if it's on a weekday." Garret didn't find that embarrassing at all. He was glad the other made mention of it. Had and if they slept together, he needed to be aware of these types of things. The nurse didn't need to catch something due to his stupidity. If Adam's test turned out negative, that would be good. Better safe than sorry.

"So~... About those kisses- Wait. Am I being too flirtatious? Do you want me to stop?" His fingers tapped the wheel anxiously once they were stopped at a red light. Adam fed into it at the hospital, that didn't mean he should continue to do it if the man didn't enjoy it. Now the nurse just wanted to get home and hide himself in the bathroom. Not his bedroom since he'd be sharing that for a bit. Well, not the bathroom either. Adam needed to get cleaned up. He could go hide himself in the laundry room. That would work. He couldn't tell if he was being too confident or not. He felt bad that he could potentially be pressuring his new roommate.

Adam felt incredibly grateful for the casual way Garret responded to his request for tests. "No, no, whenever you're free and willing..." He immediately reassured the other, quietly glancing out through the window. This just felt unreal. Like he was in some sort of a dream. He couldn't help but dread that this either was a dream, or it was some cruel prank. Even if Garret said he was being honest, he couldn't comprehend why. Just as he couldn't comprehend why he was even liked by the nurse... It was as if his thoughts were read by Garret.

"Uh-..." Adam stuttered, looking over at the other man with an almost guilty expression. "It's definitely not that I don't like them, it's just... Odd. I'll get used to it though." The man gave a light smile, glancing out the side window again. His arms clutched the backpack a tad tighter as they drove past some homeless people, one catching his eye in particular. It was the person who usually supplied him with drugs. The mental challenge was a whole lot worse than any physical pain he was experiencing due to the withdrawal. He turned away from the window, swallowing down hard.

He'd never tried so hard to quit. And stopping everything at once was incredibly difficult. Just... Just a little bit, just the smallest dose would be enough for him to feel good again. His eyes slid closed as his teeth clenched, leg beginning to bounce the slightest bit. He could almost feel the sweet relief of a needle slowly pushing through his skin. The more he thought about it, the bigger the urge became. He craved for that high. He didn't know what to do to make it stop. "Is there any way to make this stop?" He asked, unsure if he even wanted an answer. Was he ready to actually stop? Drugs provided him with an easy escape from everything. The real world was terrifying, to say the least. He didn't want to be a part of it... He really didn't.