Bakery~ [Private - virtualoo x DeliriousSin]

DeliriousSin

tumblr_m66a0wz9SF1rzuwxao1_500.jpg

Name: Gale Hunter

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 124 lbs

Appearance: Gale's build is described as bony/scrawny, he has pale skin, dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. He has very defined facial features and a somewhat delicate appearance even though his face when he's being serious about something looks like he's scowling. There is a 4 cm long scar between his ribs on the left side of his body, a longer one on his thigh from an operation he had when his femur was broken. There are some metal screws in there to strengthen the bone but in turn for that, when it gets colder, Gale limps a little.

Personality: Gale's personality is very straightforward with somewhat of an edge to it. He's mainly quiet and a bit on the stoic side but when you get close with him he can be very outgoing and loud, especially when he's had some alcohol. He knows he's a pretty boy and previously used that to get his way with people, having them dance to his tune. Gale is bad with women, he doesn't understand them and they often feel his straightforwardness is rude while men tend to have more respect for the fact that he'll tell you things the way they are and doesn't prettify them. Gale has spread his legs for other men before but always to gain something, he doesn't know what love is and he doesn't feel ashamed for using his pretty face and body to get what he wants. His last relationship however put somewhat of a dent in his pride and he starts his apprenticeship at the bakery to show that he has his own ambitions and doesn't need anyone else to provide for him.

Background: Gale grew up being tossed about various foster-families, not all of them being as good-willed. Growing up Gale noticed he attracted more attention from men rather than women and decided to just go with that, letting one man in particular have him. Gale moved in with the man and for a few years the other male provided for Gale and spoiled him rotten. Neither of them were ever really in love with each other but it still came as a surprise to Gale when he was suddenly thrown out with nothing but the clothes on his body "You're a spoiled brat, you can come crawling back to me and beg me to take you again the moment you realize how useless you are.'' In truth, Gale had just received a letter that he was hired as an apprentice at the local bakery but he felt his pride shatter and decided not to tell the other male about it and just leave him instead.

Setting:

The bakery is located near the docks of a busy sea-side city called Sandfort. In this area are a lot of other shops and hotels, attracting a lot of tourists in the summer. Further in the city live more locals, to which the bakery makes the most profit in the winter. Around the area at which the bakery is located are relatively little clubs and bars but a bit further down the docks are the tourist clubs, the local bars are further in the city. During Christmas there is again a bit of tourism, purely for the fact that the city gets decorated with beautiful lights. Aside from Gale and the baker he's apprenticed with there's also two girls that work in the shop-area of the bakery so that Gale and his teacher can focus on baking the bread and the girls can focus on selling them.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• virtualoo

• DeliriousSin

serious-looking-young-man-portrait-29762325.jpg

Name: Adrian Golesworth

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Weight: 140 lbs.

Appearance: Adrian is described as a man with pale skin and his body structure is rather thin but not in an unhealthy way. His eyes are a light sky blue and his dark is a dark raven black. His face looks serious more in focus on his thoughts or work than what he is actually feeling but its not uncommon to see the occasional smirk or smile. He dresses rather informally on a daily basis, only wearing his name brand clothes on nights out.

Personality: He takes baking very seriously, not liking sweets that are not made to his standards. For people he tolerates, he will not be as critical of their baking skills. When he is not being serious, Adrian can have a playful side to him, more so when he is flirting with others. He never had much interest in anyone in particular, flirting and liking whoever he pleases. He takes relationships seriously, knowing to help couples who may need sweets or someone who wants to surprise another. When you get to know him, he does care about the people he knows, even if it does not show out right underneath serious attitudes and smirks.

Background: Growing up in a affluent family, he grew around money. He was more conservative and not bragging of his wealth growing up but it did not mean he knew how to treat himself with the money. Investing the money he received, he made even more money of his own and chose to move out of his home at the age of 19. At first, he found it hard to trust people for most only saw him and his money, wanting to be treated and pampered by him. Adrian hated this and would break it off when he saw people wanting to take advantage of him, not getting into a serious relationship because of it. But one day years later, there was one guy who made him change his mind. He did not see him as money and pampering, a sweet good-natured guy who wanted to get to know who he really was beyond the money. Adrian started growing fond of him and one day, two years after they had met, he proposed to him at the park near the library where they had first met. He was expecting a happy life with the other until one day, his fiance was not feeling well and they were taken to the doctor. Sadly, it was discovered his fiance had an inoperable brain tumor and may not live much longer. Distraught, Adrian wanted to give up but was kept going by his fiance, together opening a bakery for his fiance always loved sweets and Adrian easily grew talented in the art of baking. Just as it was spiking in popularity...the fiance had left the world. He continues baking in the store, recently having taken on an apprentice to help manage the workload and have more hands in the store.

Gale was sitting on the edge of the docks, legs dangling off. A light breeze gently played with his long hair as he just stared ahead of him. He'd come here everyday since he started working at the bakery, it was only a ten minute walk to the bakery from here. There was something about this spot in particular that calmed him, he could forget about he city and what other people thought of him as he stared at the vast amounts of saltwater. He could forget about not having anywhere to go after work and he could forget about Dylan, his former lover who had dumped him in the most degrading manner. All that mattered right now was him and despite the slight bite that the cold left, he felt at peace.

Gale's peace was disrupted when a group of drunken boys approached however. Gale stood up to leave but one of the guys grabbed him by his arm and started talking: "Going back to the local hobo shelter? I've seen you here every day for the past week, you filthy thing."

Gale was quick to hit the hand away and tried to walk away once more but was fully body blocked by another guy. Gale looked up, his jaw clenched in irritation but he kept his voice steady when he asked: "Would you let me through? I have to go to work."

The group of guys laughed and the guy who had grabbed him before, took hold of both of Gale's arms and started forcing him back to the edge of the docks: "I don't think you have to go to work, little liar. I think you need to take a bath instead, we don't welcome hobo's like you here."

With that statement the guy pushed Gale backwards, leaving Gale unable to grab onto something and causing him to tumble over the edge and with a splash into the water. The guys ran off as Gale sunk into the water. The water was so cold it felt like he was being stabbed by a billion needles. It was frightening and his body felt paralyzed, he didn't know how to swim. Then natural instincts turned in and he started thrashing about, wanting to scream for help but his mouth filled up with water instantly. Help came from an unexpected bystander who had been on the beach with his surfboard to catch the early waves. Arms wrapped under his armpits as he was hoisted up to get his head above water. He was helped up to hold onto the surfplank, which he clamped onto for dear life. The hand of a man on his back felt assuring and his hammering heart started to calm down slightly, soft words of thanks repeatedly coming from his lips. Which were met with humble replies and telling him to just focus on the beach, that they were almost there.

When they finally reached the area where Gale could stand himself, he immediately did so and ran to the beach. The weird first thing that he did was check his phone to see if it was still working. It was still working, it was waterproof after all but he jumped slightly when he saw the time and realized he was already half an hour late for work. The moment he wanted to put it away, the light switched on again as he saw his boss calling him. Gale picked up and the first thing he said was: "I'm sorry, I'm on my way now, I'm really really sorry."

It was the start to another day of baking, waking up knowing he needed to make a lot of sweets today for an expected crowed of people. He got word of some tourists visiting the area so he needed to make sure everything was ready. Adrian woke up, rubbing his tired eyes as he took a quick shower. Enjoying the warmth of the hot shower, he soon stepped out of the shower to comb his way the way he liked it. Looking good today..Adrian thought to himself as he was thinking of what to make while he was dressing himself in his usual bakery work clothes.

Today seems like the day for very sweet pastries today. Doughnuts and cheesecake..those seem like good things to make..They were some of his favorites. It hurt just to think about him and quickly focused on the baking that needed to be done for the day. It was morning prep so no one else had even arrived yet neither did he expect anyone to be there. Stepping behind the counter, he started to prep the materials. Many of the smaller pastries were made in view of the customers for a more intimate baking experience. There were also the ovens and various equipment behind the counter he needed up here should he need to keep a close eye on baking sweets along with even more equipment in the back.

Slowly, the two girls that sold the sweets behind the seperate sales counter in the store had arrived. It was soon approaching the time that Gale would normally get here but...he was not here yet. Where was he...? It felt as if more and more time had passed while he was baking and soon approaching closer to opening time..and he was still not at the building. "Girls, do you mind doing clean up? I need to figure out what happened to Gale" Adrian spoke up as he set the doughnuts that were just made onto a nearby serving tray.

Adrian stepped into the backroom, using the phone dedicated to the bakery. He called Gales number, hoping the guy will answer. Before he even had a chance to speak, Gales voice rang out in apologies and his soon arrival. "Get here as soon as possible please. I wont be able to teach you tarts today, not enough time.." He said with a small sigh. "We can talk later, dont want to leave Marie and Jessica to themselves for too long"

"Yes, Sir. I'm really really sorry, I'll be right there," Gale answered swiftly, afraid he had angered the man and would lose his first honest job.

So just like that, Gale turned to the surfer who rescued him, taking note of his appearance to find him later.He was tall and broad, with defined muscles underneath his wetsuit. Long dreadlocks that were tied together in the back and a face with rather defined features, high cheekbones, thin lips, blue eyes. Gale quickly thanked him once more before running off: "Thank you so much, I'm really late for work so I have to run. But.. I am an apprentice at the bakery down the docks, I'll let you taste some of my creations if you stop by. Just ask for Gale."

The normal time it would take to get to the shop was 10 minutes but he managed to get there in half the time, opening the backdoor that led to the kitchen but remaining outside as to not drip saltwater all over the kitchen. He was panting as he spoke, his heart still hammering in his chest: "I.. uh.. I slipped off the docks and fell in the water and I never learned how to swim so someone had to help me out and then it was suddenly really late. Can you please bring me a towel? I'll just dry myself off real quick and then I can help you out. I'm really, really sorry for being late." The only clothes he had were drenched now though and his suede shoes were completely ruined by the salted water of the sea.

Even though Gale had almost drowned, he still saw this job as more important than his own health. He loved working here and he'd hate to get fired. So he shoved all the discomfort he was feeling aside and just looked over at Adrian in the hope that he would still let him work. He shoved aside that he was standing there soaking wet and that he was freezing, goosebumps on his skin and shivering terribly, his face pale and his lips getting a slight tinge of blue to it. It was obvious that Gale needed to get warmed up as soon as possible but he knew he had nowhere to go but here, if he were to lose his job he'd have nothing.

Adrian continued to bake sweets when the conversation was over on the phone. He would have to ask the other what had kept him and made him so late. He had never been this late before so he really wanted to know why Gale was late. Adrian continued to bake the sweets with occasional glances toward the bakery's front door. But when he looked toward the back door at one moment..

Gale was standing there, drenched in what smelled like ocean water and his clothes completely soaked through while clinging to his skin. Fell..off the docks? He couldn't place why he did not feel like this was truth but he had more to worry about at the moment. "Marie..Jessica..Sell stuff from the counter space for now if anyone comes in" He spoke to the girls as he set down everything onto the counter. "I need a moment.." He spoke quietly as he put out his arm to quickly take him up to his apartment upstairs.

"Go up to my apartment..The smallest clothes are in the top drawer. You are going to dry up and I will meet you up there in five minutes" Adrian spoke quietly as he handed him a towel. "Put on the shirt and try to dry yourself as best as possible please" He said as he pointed to the door in the backroom leading up to his apartment. He had to get one pie out of the oven before it burned but he wanted to check up on Gale and talk with him. It worried him, especially with how cold Gale looked. He was in no condition to work like this until he was cleaned up.

Gale quickly went inside when he was invited up the apartment, limping slightly because of the cold and feeling like a bit of an intruder but welcoming the warmth that came up there, he imagined that being because of the ovens that were turned on downstairs. After a few minutes his fingers started to get that painful tingly sensation of his blood-flow stabilizing. When he found the bathroom he stepped inside the shower and took off his clothes there, feeling it was the most convenient place to leave his wet clothes. Hopefully they would be dry after work. It already wasn't that warm anymore outside, if he didn't have proper clothes to wear it would be especially unbearable.

He dried himself off in the bathroom, leaving only his soaked boxer-shorts on. He wrapped the towel around himself like a cape, covering up his body and trying to trap warmth inside. He then went into the bedroom and opened the closet, surprised to see the smaller size clothes there than Adrian's size had to be. Who did they belong to? Gale suddenly realized he knew nothing about the other man, only that he was good at teaching. There was a reason for that though, Gale didn't like talking about himself so he had kept his mouth shut as to not have to say anything. He wanted to keep his own past a bit pushed back in the shadows.

Gale quietly went through the smaller sized clothes, they were actually really nice. Whoever they belonged to had a good taste in clothes. Most surprising was that these clothes were all in the size he usually wore himself. So he picked out a light creme-colored sweater and a simple pair of black skinny-jeans. In the kitchen he'd wear an apron but he didn't want to pick anything too fancy out of the closet. Instead of putting them on he laid them down on the bed, waiting for Adrian to get back.

When he did, Gale spoke softly, not wanting to seem rude: "Thank you, Sir. I don't want to intrude too much and you're already doing a lot for me and I'm fine going without any too but.. do you also happen to have some underwear?" Gale wasn't the type to blush at all but having to ask left him rather embarrassed and he felt his face heat up slightly. The colour was a good sign though, it meant that he was getting some warmth back into his body. Even though his hands were still rather cold and baking was going to be hard with these cold hands.

Adrian worked diligently as he worked on finishing the sweets that he needed to finish preparing in this very moment. Some of the goods needed to be sugared in that moment for the proper consistency on melted sugar on the still warm dough. It was easy enough to finish the sweets, setting them on the tray to be sold at the other counter. Adrian quickly washed his hands so he would not track any dough sugar or flour into his apartment by this means.

Now..did Gale feel any better? He hoped the clothes fit him..of course they will they are his size! But..how do you know so easily just by looking at him? Why did you even agree to let him wear those clothes? Adrian pushed back these worrying thought as he started to go up the stairs in the back room toward his apartment. Any dry clothes at this point would look much better on Gale than the sopping wet clothes he had come to work in. Now he would have to throw them in the dryer quickly perhaps later to speed up the process. He knocked softly on his door on the off chance he was still changing, to give him some warning he was coming inside.

Adrian stepped into the room and saw Gale in that cream colored sweater..off all the things he could have chosen to wear. And it..fits him so nicely too. It took him a moment to snap out of it with a small smirk on his face. ""Right in here.." Adrian opened a drawer for a nice pair of black boxers. "These should fit..I would recommend rolling up the sleeves. It's..a nice sweater" He smirked as he went to go back downstairs.

Re: Bakery~ [Private - virtualoo x DeliriousSin]

Adrian worked diligently as he worked on finishing the sweets that he needed to finish preparing in this very moment. Some of the goods needed to be sugared in that moment for the proper consistency on melted sugar on the still warm dough. It was easy enough to finish the sweets, setting them on the tray to be sold at the other counter. Adrian quickly washed his hands so he would not track any dough sugar or flour into his apartment by this means.

Now..did Gale feel any better? He hoped the clothes fit him..of course they will they are his size! But..how do you know so easily just by looking at him? Why did you even agree to let him wear those clothes? Adrian pushed back these worrying thought as he started to go up the stairs in the back room toward his apartment. Any dry clothes at this point would look much better on Gale than the sopping wet clothes he had come to work in. Now he would have to throw them in the dryer quickly perhaps later to speed up the process. He knocked softly on his door on the off chance he was still changing, to give him some warning he was coming inside.

Adrian stepped into the room and saw Gale in that cream colored sweater..off all the things he could have chosen to wear. And it..fits him so nicely too. It took him a moment to snap out of it with a small smirk on his face before it reversed into a look of concern. Good, the blood is flowing to his cheeks again. "I do not know if you should be working in the condition you are in. There is still plenty of time before the bakery opens. Let me drive you home, what is your address?" He asked, figuring he lived close by since he did not see him take a car. It would be easy to drive him home as long as he told him the address so he can take him. "I insist so do t worry about it" He said as he hunted his apartment for his car keys.