៙BL 'The Hopes of a Japanese Man'' ~Writer Contest~៙

Tetsu

g1lulYL.gif

graphics by Tetsu || approved by Saga || sponsored by Key

INFORMATION

After being rich on contests for graphic, artists, video making,

we decided that it's time to make a contest for people who love

to write.

This month we will have a new theme set and it's -"The Hopes of a Japanese Man".

You have to present your masterpiece, which describes love between two males.

It's up to you how you will interpret "The Hopes of a Japanese Man". So show us your imagination!

RULES

NOTE:

"No explicit content. Content may vary, depending on the interpretation. No need to be BL love. Might be, per se, just the inner monologue of a Japanese man that hopes for a better tomorrow. Contests are dedicated to project 'Pray for Japan'."

--*-- Minimum 400 words, maximum 600 words.

--*-- Only stories are accepted, no poems.

--*-- The story must be rated as for 16+

--*-- No racism, no religious topics, no animal/child abuse.

--*-- Love must be between two males.

--*-- Title of the story is up to you.

--*-- Post the finished work on this thread.

--*-- Read the rules once again.

PRIZES

2.000 points for all that applied

5,000 points for the winner + a Manga cover card from the iShop.

DEADLINE

Start May 2016

End 01 June 2016.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• trishaotaku

• Narumiya

• Coffee-Tastic

• Bakyura

~Le Contest Entry~

"The Hopes of Me"

The hopes of every man, you told me, dad, were to live happy... To you, that meant to get married to a kind woman, to have at least one child with her, have a house and to have a stable job that payed enough to provide for my family. I can't blame you for only wanting whats best for me, your only son. After all, you just wanted me to become a the man that you never could be.

Pulling out your hair, you'd cry and tell me to be nothing like you, to make a woman happy and not break her heart... But I'm sorry. I can't. You tell me all the time to be good and to become what every man hopes to be, and should strive to be. It breaks my heart to hear your expectations because I can't be what you expect me to be. I can't even be what a man expects a boy to become. I've been in love with him ever since we were kids. When you'd cry uncontrollably at night, he was the one I'd go to for a calm voice and a rub on the back. I can't marry, a kind woman, dad, I'm sorry. I guess I can't live happy then, right?

I won't ever be happy with the person that's made me smile when I want to hide away? I can't ever be happy being around someone with eyes so bright, it lights me up inside... Right? If what you say is true, dad, I'll never be happy I suppose. But I think I'll be fine living in despair then, as long as he'll be there, and he will. I'm sorry that you invested so much into a bad life that left your heart shrivel under a desert sun. My sun won't ever harm me though, I know that. It heals me when I bask in it's warmth and it can clear a rainy day in mere seconds. I can only hope you won't hate me like my missing mother when you figure it out, that my best friend has been more than a best friend for several years.

The hopes of myself, dad, are that I can live soundly and in peace with the people I love, that I can say my heart belongs to two very important people. Him and you, of course. I'm aware you might look at me differently when the day comes you see me for what I really am inside of me... Its okay if you hate me at first, since this isn't what a man should ever hope for, but I want you to come around. I'm still your son that loves you and will take care of you when you're old. I hope for you to see that I actually am happy being this way. I don't need a wife... a kid... a house... a well paying job... I just need him. And you.

I want to be able to keep the both of you close in my future. Those are the hopes of me, dad.

This is my first story. So sorry if many errors word.

LIFE!

I don’t know what happened. Once I realized that the world is not like that I know. The streets were damaged and destroyed building made me ask, "Do I really live in this world?".

All started a few days ago, when I was living the life of the school as usual. I was a normal male who go through life with ease. Always smiling and joking with others. But, no one who understands the real me.

But, why only "he" who knows me. I hate it. Who should know it is just me. And I will destroy anyone other than myself!

You want to know why?

When I was born, I will be killed by my parents. I was an unwanted child them. I wondered why they gave birth to me if I do not want her?

When I was 11 years old, for the first time my virginity taken. By whom? I don’t know. I wanted to cry, but who cares if I die?

Since then I've always done a variety of ways to sustain life. Behind a fake smile, I cheat them. I've done all kinds of evil.

After knowing that if she still trust me? Once you know how dirty I am, if he still wants to be with me?

He answered with a smiling face, "Yes". And when I asked, "Why did you do it?". He responded with a sentence that had I always really wanted to hear, "Because I love you!".

Love? What is that? I don’t know. More precisely I have never felt what it was a feeling of "Love". Do you think I deserve something like that? But somehow the tears for the second time running. But this time is different, because there he was next to me and held me lovingly. A warmth that I had not felt so far. I'm confused, is it because he loves me or because of something else. But, I really liked this warmth. I want this to continue forever.

That my hope...

After that, what did you think next?

We live a pleasant life as a lover?

I hope so. But it will not happen. Because... It was the last day I was with him.

The morning that I think would be so much fun now changed with the very thing I don’t want. Why is this happening again? Why do I have to go through anything like this again? Why bad luck has always been on my side?

With a hand full of red stains, fresh blood was flowing to my cheek. Blood from a I Loved. Sat facing me with a smiling face with blood coming out of his mouth. Dark, very dark! But why I could see his face? Face without remorse for saving. Saved my life under a rock slide. Even though you feel ill, why are you still smiling? Why only for my sake you must die?

"Because the world is more beautiful than you know, Hajime!".

A sentence that shocked me. I held him in my arms. I don’t want this to happen again. I don’t want him to die. I don’t want people who love me to death. I'd rather die with him.

But the gentle hand rubbing my head. While saying "Good Bye" he said, "I want you to feel the world more than I gave you!". Having said that, he closed his eyes and never open again.

I want to live. I don’t care whatever happens I will live for myself and also for the sake of himself.

• 2 weeks later...

it's my first time entering a contest!

love might be the right word

There's a boy in Mayu's life.

The boy's name is Ritsu, and Mayu meets him when they're both five. They meet when Ritsu and his family move into the house next to Mayu's, when Ritsu is small and shy and prone to hiding behind his mother's skirts. Mayu, though he is only five, is a whirlwind of a boy—flailing limbs and scraped knees and loud voices.

Somehow, despite their differences, they become the best of friends.

It's Mayu who drags Ritsu out of his room to get a glimpse of sunshine, only for the both of them to come back home with scraped knees and elbows but with smiles on their faces and ice cream stains on their shirts. It's Ritsu who forces Mayu to open his textbooks and study, only for the both of them to end up napping together on Mayu's bedroom floor, notebooks and pens scattered around them like a protective barrier.

Their friendship is give-and-take, push-and-pull. And, as natural and easy as the tides turn, as natural and easy as the sun and moon exchange places in the sky, it becomes more than that.

Mayu is seventeen and Ritsu is sixteen-going-on-seventeen when Ritsu stands on tiptoes and presses a chaste kiss to Mayu's chapped lips. The weight that's been in Mayu's chest since he had been fifteen—and in the future, he'll realize that the weight had been his growing romantic love for Ritsu—blooms into something big and bright and encompassing his entire being.

It's easy, but at the same time it isn't. On most days, at every free moment they have in school (and there's never a lot, because of club activities and academics and looming entrance exams), his hands ache with the need to touch Ritsu, with the indescribable need to take Ritsu's hands, tangle their fingers together, and squeeze them. To reaffirm their shared affections, no matter that the last time they had kissed was a mere few hours ago, in the secrecy of Mayu's home.

But Mayu can't do anything but grit his teeth and ignore the instinct to take Ritsu into his arms. "There's a right time and place for your kind of love," Mayu's mother had told him back then, when Mayu and Ritsu had come to her to clumsily blurt out the truth. She hadn't spoken it out loud, but Mayu had heard the hidden message anyway.

"Hide it," she had said, between the lines. "Hide it and they will never find a reason to hurt you for who you love."

One day, Mayu thinks. One day I'll be able to hold his hand with no fear.

But until then, he only has these to cling to—the privacy of a locked door; the tender whispers in the dark; the warm acceptance of their family, of the people who matter the most to them; and the hope that maybe, someday, things will change for him and Ritsu.

I hope I didn't break any rules with this ^^; Also my first time entering a contest! Good luck to us all :)

The Quiet Voice

Broad, extremely broad shoulders, and a flat chest. A strong jaw, a few patches of hair.

I look away from my reflection in disgust.

“You’re lucky to have such a slim build, it’s easier to hide, you know? All you have to do is find the right clothes, shoes – maybe a corset for those womanly curves – and, voila!” She winks at me and smiles.

I bring out my red kimono from the back of my closet and start to apply some blush. I’m also lucky that my skin is smooth and clear, and that my lips look full enough to deceive the unwatchful eye.

----------

It’s times like these that remind me of how lucky I really am. Although smaller than me, she drags me around by hand, and I am floored by how elegant she looks. Such a beautiful woman, both inside and out. For a second I imagine how easy it would be, to remain like this. But I’ve tried before to watch on in captivation, and it only left a bitter taste at the back of my throat. How lucky, I spit out.

It makes me uncomfortable, standing next to such a charming lady. In comparison, I am too tall, with legs not nearly thin enough. My feet are too large and undainty, too unlike a woman. “They look fine,” she nods, but a deep envy distorts her words. I can’t look at her, she’ll see the shame in my eyes.

She tugs until I look up, though, and points at a familiar figure. “Look,” she says, before smiling and pushing me forward. My mouth feels dry and I stumble a bit, but large hands quickly steady me. “How alluring,” I hear, and my face feels hot. I look up and am met with a warm gaze, and my chest starts to throb as if I’m about to explode. He smiles at me and I can see my reflection in his eyes. I feel beautiful.

He takes my hand and links our fingers, then sweeps me away. We go off into the night, just the two of us, and maybe this time, maybe this time…

----------

My head is spinning, I need something to hold on to. He’s shouting at me, I can feel his furious voice, but it’s difficult comprehending his words, so I attempt to read his lips instead.

Lies…lying to me…for all this time…if I had known earlier…I never…would…have…

My hands quickly grab onto the nearest thing I could find. My eyes are burning, and my head hurts. My chest hurts. I close my eyes, my ears, my heart – it almost feels like I’m drowning, but instead of water gushing into me and filling me up, I’m trying to force all the water in me out.

Hisgazeshissmileshiswarmtouches–

“Disgusting.” The sound of diminishing footsteps follows.

I wrap myself in my crumpled red kimono, and I pretend.

----------

“They say this is the biggest gathering of the season!”

“I know.”

“You look very stunning in your kimono.”

“Thank you.”

A thumb reaches out to wipe the corner of my eye. She smiles at me, and I try to smile back just as brightly (almost like before). She applies the finishing touches on my lips, then rolls back on her heels to assess.

“Beautiful. The most beautiful person in the world.”

She stands up, pats her thighs, then reaches out her hands for mine. It’s difficult, and it takes a while, but I somehow manage. With our fingers linked together, I take small steps out into the night.

Perhaps...just maybe...I could try again.

Forgive me for exceeding the word count limit. This is the only time I won't (can't) hold back as I needed to say all those words.

Word Count: 661 words

MASK and DIRT

A man’s belonging doesn’t define who he is. It doesn’t paint his personality. It doesn’t measure his worth. A man is only judged when he is dead. Praised when he no longer breathes. Revered when he’s gone from the world. People are hypocrites and it’s the truth that everyone denies. The lavish of treasures signifies fake smiles, bountiful favours, never ending associates. But the truth reeks, no one cares enough.

I glide through the throngs of people, impeccably dressed, breathing to impress, socializing to expand their influence. How distasteful. Wearing masks to hide who they are. Painted in make-up to cover up the ugliness beneath. Yet they cannot stop the stench of selfishness, of their arrogance. Treading around like they own the world. Looking down on people who don’t share their status in life. Their concern lies on superficial things. Money, business, properties, jewelries; all shallow, all perishable.

I grabbed a glass of wine. The velvet liquid sloshing on the crystal goblet. The server bow to me as I inclined my head in acknowledgement. I wonder, should I have given him my thanks? These people who work for little money but gave a lot of time and energy. When is life ever fair? Why do those who have the means to help and give only cares about getting more? Won’t they have enough? At what cause will they be content? I guess it’s the way of the world.

I continued to drift from the spacious hall. Wherever I look, the scene is always the same. Why am I even here? Ah yes, it is my duty. I’m a hypocrite myself. The laugh that leaves me was shallow and grim. Are my words as empty as these people?

Suddenly there’s only darkness. A moment of chaos, of high-pitched screams, of helpless yells and moans. But no one seems to hear. No one seems to give a damn about these high-class people of the society who are fighting against death. The world doesn’t stop to give us a glance. It continued to exist as we struggle to be alive.

In every corner of the world, there is a hopeful. A soul that’s pure to wish for things that are unselfish. A soul that someday may lead to a better world. Someday, somehow. A hope for a better tomorrow. A hope that denied me of today.

A ray of light seeps between the cracks. Distant voices float, carried by the thin air residing with me. Under the buried rocks, my heart yearns to hope. Maybe it isn’t too late for a change. Maybe the world isn’t cruel to end itself. Maybe this is only a lesson to be learned.

Learn to care for each other. Learn to care for the world we live in. Learn to care for everything that gives us life. We are only temporary caretakers of this planet. This is not ours to destroy but it is ours to develop. Our hands shouldn’t be tainted with blood or superficial things, but with dirt of the earth that signifies our hard work. We may leave this world unknown but our efforts to make it a better world for the generations to come won’t go amiss. Status doesn’t matter. It is our hearts’ desire that will speak for ourselves. Lend a hand, start with small things. Everyone can make a change. Everyone can change the world for the better. Every nation is strong and must make a move to do what is right. Those who have been given power must exercise it with caution and employ it to bring forth his people under a goal.

I can see the light. I can feel the warm of the sun. A voice, a face. Ah, it’s the server of the wine. Covered in dust and specks of blood. His hand extended, his tone soothing. Who am I and who is he? Under these circumstances, it matters not. He saved my life.

Everybody's entries are so good I was almost too shy to post this :). But anyways, here's my entry :)

Word count: 505

A Letter To My Beloved

The first time we met, I fell in love with you. You were twenty one and you were the most beautiful person I ever saw. I remembered being so smitten that I had followed you around wherever you go. An artist, you said, an artist is what you desired to be. Perhaps the world was so much more interesting to you than a younger man who has nothing much to do than admire you.

The next time, you were a dark-haired, dark-eyed lawyer. You were sitting underneath a cherry blossom tree, holding a book in your hand and yet you weren’t reading. Instead, you were looking at me. Just like before, I fell hopelessly in love with you. I had thought initially that fate had decided you weren’t for me but you one day confessed your love, your cheeks pinker than usual. I was the happiest man who ever lived.

It was short-lived however as you weren’t always there. I curse every day that you weren’t with me. And yet, despite not existing, you were the love of my life. I would spend all day writing poems about you. If I could paint, I thought maybe I could make a likeness of you. It wouldn’t be enough, I know, as there’s no artist in this world who could capture your vibrant beauty. None at all.

My favorite lifetimes are those where we were allowed to grow up together. I would go over to your house and you’d share your secrets, your hopes and your sorrows. We would talk about silly ideas and I had lots. You would follow me around despite the stupid things I do. One time I cried because one of my stunts left you broken. But you were always more mature– always more forgiving. You would kiss my tears away and then tell me you will love me always. This I would say is how you make up for all those lifetimes where one of us doesn’t exist and those where we barely never meet. Those are the lifetimes I loathe the most. I hate them so much I’d prefer those times where you would kill me. They were so much better as I’d rather surrender myself to you.

In the end, despite knowing I would likely see you next time, I’d wake up in the middle of the night and ask myself, is this the last time? Would I ever see you again? And if I did, what would I do if you were already happy with another man? I fear the thought of that, of you being happy without me beside you. But I would never blame you. For you are the single most beautiful creature I have ever seen in all my life. I would never be as bright, as fearless, and as awesome as you. I could only hope that one more time– just more time– after chasing you in a dozen, hundred, thousand lifetimes, I would find the one where you would be back in my arms.

-END-

This was inspired by tongari's 25 Lives art.

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

|| END OF ៙BL The Hopes of a Japanese Man ~Writer Contest~៙ ||

[YaoiOtaku Writer Contest]

Thank you all for taking part in our Writer Contest!

The choice has been really hard since all of you are skilled and talented. So, this month's winners are! @

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
@
@

The winners get as follows:

- 5,000 points

- 1 Manga Cover card (please state which card you'd prefer)

Everyone participating gets 2000 points

2qx6qdu.gif2qx6qdu.gif

Wow, thanks you guys! Can I please have the Mujihi na Karada card? :) I've been eyeing that one for quite some time haha. Thanks again! :cuteonion41:

&
Thank you so much! I feel honored that my story was liked enough to win /(TOT)\

And congratulations to the other winners! ~

&

For the manga cover card, may I have the Bukiyou na Silent card? Thank you again ~

Tadayoedo Shizumazu, Saredo Naki Mo Sezu is the Manga Card I'd like

@

Thank you and congrats to you too!