Confession — [Private RP: YellowPerch & Rin]

♠[Rin]♠

Kagami laughed against the counter as Seto made sure he wouldn't tire himself out. He turned back to the fish to flip it over. "Don't worry about me. What type of editor would I be if I couldn't handle some hard work every now and then." The microwave beeped, letting Kagami know that the rice was done. He grabbed the bowl from the microwave and placed it on the counter. He then started mixing it again, before adding some salt into it and a few of the vegetables Seto had already cut. He placed the bowl back in and cooked it for at most another minute. "I've caused stress on my body once before. I know what my limit is and what isn't." He smiled at Seto as he stood in front of the fish, waiting for it to finish.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ♠[Rin]♠

• YellowPerch

A small pout appeared on Seto's face when Kagami laughed before he crossed his arms loosely. "I see... I will trust you on that." Not that he shouldn't or anything, in fact it wasn't even his business. Or in other words: he actually shouldn't intrude himself into Kagami's affairs. Aside from that, the elder male had far more experiences with stress situations. He, Seto, was only a mangaka.

"Uhm... in the meantime, do you want me to lay the table?"

He chuckled again at Seto's answer. "I would hope you trusted me. Otherwise I'd be a horrible editor." He said this with his eyes closed, just as the microwave went off. The rice was done, so when Kagami took it out to mix it around one more time, Seto called out, asking if he should set the table. "Ah, that would help. The silverware is in that drawer," He pointed at the drawer to the left of the sink. "and the plates are in that cabinet." He pointed to the cabinet above where he was cutting the vegetables. Kagami set the rice to the side. With it done Seto would also be able to set the bowl down. Kagami then went to working with the fish once more.

"Mhm!" Seto nodded enthusiastically and opened the drawer, taking out the silverware needed and grabbing the bowl with his other hand. He walked over to the table, set the bowl and the knives and forks down and adjusted them. Afterwards he returned for the plates. He reached up to the cupboard and pulled it open, then tiptoed to somehow get to two plates at the top of the stack. Or at least tried.

Thought that might be a cute thing to do. If you don't want Kagami to take the plates for him, you can just let Seto reach them.

The fish were done by the time Seto was setting the table. As he set the silverware and rice on the table, Kagami took the two fish and put them in a plate he had taken out prior. As Seto came back to grab the plates, Kagami had rinsed out the skillet. He still needed to use it once more for the rest of the vegetables. But as he was turning around to go back to the stove he noticed the struggle Seto was having with reaching the plates. His eyes set on the other's body before looking up at the plates and back down. He snickered quietly to himself, making sure the other didn't hear. Then stepped forward, and pressing lightly against Seto's back, Kagami reached up to grab the plates. "Here, let me help with that." When he pulled away with two plates he held them out for the other, a grin pressed on his lips.

He felt the other's body against his back and looked over his shoulder; in the next moment Kagami set two plates into his hands. At first he blinked but then a huffy expression appeared on his face. "Thanks. I am sure I would have reached them somehow, though!" But afterwards he chuckled. It was nice spending some time with Kagami again.

He set the plates onto the table and clapped his hands together with a satisfied smile. "Done!" He was easy to fascinate and entertain.

"Hmmm, is that so?" Kagami didn't once drop the grin he held. He watched as Seto went over to the table and set the plates down. When he clapped with glee at finishing his setting Kagami turned back around to dump the rest of the vegetables into the skillet to saute them. "Almost done over here too." He called out over his shoulder. The vegetables didn't take that long. Maybe about five minutes and they were ready. He dumped the vegetables and their juices over the fish and finished it with a herb-y topping. He put the skillet in the sink to take care of it later. He then walked over to the table and set Seto's fish in his own plate before putting his own fish in his. He put that plate in the sink as well and walked over to the fridge. "Want something to drink?" He called out to Seto, then mumbled to himslf. "Wine would go perfect with the meal"

The brunette took a seat and thanked Kagami smiling when his plate was filled with the meal. Afterwards he watched him returning to the kitchen and opening the fridge. At his question he nodded. "Yes, please." Now he was actually glad that Kagami had made him stay. He was grateful for the distraction from his own work. He loved drawing mangas but sometimes it was exhausting.

Kagami pulled out two glasses for their drinks and poured the red wine he had halfway up the glass. He returned to the table placing Seto's glass in front of him. He smiled at the other and sat down at his own seat. "Well, dig in. Hope you like it." Kagami sat in his seat watching Seto. He wanted to make sure the food was good enough for him before he indulged himself in eating as well. Kagami normally had confidence in his cooking. But there were those few times when he cooked for Seto before, just like now, where he thought of his cooking as not good enough. Normally the other would break those thoughts easily as he devoured all of his food, sometimes even asking for seconds.

Nodding eagerly, the smaller one took knife and fork and dug in. Never would he doubted the food was be to his liking. And once more he smiled brightly at Kagami. "It tastes good! I really adore you for your cooking skills." After all, he himself had no real talent for it.

Sometimes he was convinced that drawing mangas was his only talent whatsoever.

Kagami watched as the other ate his food, instantly smiling up at him as he happily announced it was good. Kagami nodded at the comment. Glad he liked the food. But it was his comment after that made him shy away just the slightest. Seto adored him. Granted it was only because of his cooking skills. But all the more he was adored by the one he so secretly adored himself. Kagami looked at his food and mumbled as he went for a bite himself. "I'm glad it's good."

He finished his meal with a great smile on his lips, it would almost be legit to ask if his cheeks never started hurting during the day. "I am glad we get to spend some time together again," the brunette said. He may have a luxurious life but no money could buy something that would be able to be like the warmth that Kagami gave to him. And the feeling of comfortableness. "I mean you are certainly busy but still having time for me, I really appreciate it." It almost felt like Kagami spent more time with him than the other managaka's.

Kagami was glad that Seto ate all of his food. The other politely set his silverware do down and smiled wide at him. Kagami always loved seeing Seto's smile. It made him feel in relaxed. When Seto mentioned that they were spending more time together he smiled back. "Ah, I like it when we spend time like this too." He went and took a drink of his wine before Seto spoke up once more. Kagami looked down at his food as the other said this, but he quickly looked up at Seto and smiled. "I promised I would call you today. I'm just glad I caught you before you went back home."

An embarrassed blush crept onto Seto's cheeks when he remembered the reason why he had come. Damn it. Hopefully Kagami would spot the envelope some time later or when Seto was gone. It would be too awkward. Very much so. He would die.

"Ahaha, yeah." He tilted his head, still smiling, while he lifted the glass of wine to his lips and took a sip. "But you will go to bed early enough, right?"

Kagami took another sip of his wine. When Seto asked him about getting to sleep early he closed his eyes. " I have some work to do first." He opened his eyes again, finishing off his wine. "I have to look over some more manuscripts before I get to sleep." He could tell by the worried look on the other that he was going to say something again about over working himself. So he said something before he could. "Don't worry, I'll get enough sleep." He smiled at the other. He really was glad Seto cared so much about his health. But he probably figured it would be trouble for him if something happened to Kagami. He always tried to erase that thought, but it came more often then not.

Still, he puffed his cheeks but then gave in. It was impossible to win against Kagami - he knew that, yet he always tried. "I want you to promise me." The brunette demanded nevertheless. He was stubborn and not easy to fight off if he wanted something. Plus, it had to do with Kagami's health.

Kagami had his closed when Seto had decided to pout. Kagami had missed the pout. He opened his eyes however at Seto's words. They widened for a moment before softening. Kagami smiled at the other and nodded once. "Yes, i promise. I wont go overboard with my work." Kagami's smile remained. He felt fairly glad that Seto cared. But once again he knew it wasn't for anything besides his own trouble.

"Good, after all we're friends, right? And if you ever need something, just call me!" Even if he lost his phone more than he found it. But he ignored that fact because of his own embarrassment. He should carry it on his body more yet he was so forgetful.

Kagami smiled at Seto's declaration. Seto didn't always carry his phone on him. So the only way to call him would be if he was at his home, using his house fax/phone. But he let the thought slide, just glad that the other offered his time. Kagami stood up then, grabbing the empty plates. "I'll keep that in mind." Kagami let his smile stay on his lips as he turned to put the plates in the sink. He turned back to get the rest of the dishes, so he could wash them and dry them for the night.

"Good!" He answered grinning, thanking Kagami right afterwards for taking the dish too. Emerald eyes watched the taller one a little while before Seto's glance trailed back down to the spot on the table top. He didn't exactly know what to talk about with Kagami. Despite the fact that it was already late he didn't remember a long conversation about other things than his deadlines, scripts and bad time management.

Hmm.. Maybe he should also just enjoy the silence? It had been a troublesome day.

Kagami had cleaned up the table, setting the dirty dishes within the sink to wash. While he let the water run to heat up, he began putting the extra food away. He then noticed Seto sitting quietly in his seat. When Kagami finished putting the food away he turned back to the sink. It had turned hot, so Kagami plugged the sink, poured in some soap and waited for the bubbles to form. He then looked back over his shoulder. "Seto, as soon as you finish your manuscript I'll take you out for dinner. A congratulations on finishing your project." He turned back to the sink and turned the water down a little bit to start washing and rinsing the dishes.

Seto looked up when Kagami's voice cut the silence, ere he smiled happily. "Really? That sounds amazing! Don't let it be an expensive restaurant,though, yes?" He added, lifting a finger up. "But otherwise that idea is awesome! I haven't been to a restaurant for months." Oh he was really easy to enthral but it also meant he could spend more time with Kagami without having to worry if he was bothering him.

"Hmm? So you don't like the atmosphere of high end restaurants?" Kagami knew Seto wouldn't like the idea as much. Having to dress up instead of wearing everyday clothes. That wasn't really Seto's style. Kagami went back to cleaning the dishes when Seto happily agreed to the dinner. He was glad he would be able to congratulate the other with dinner. But the main reason was he wanted to monopolize Seto's time as much as he could. After tonight he wouldn't bother the other, so that he could get his project done on time. But once it was finished, he was going to make sure he and he alone got Seto's time. Of course poor Seto wouldn't no his motives at all.

He leaned back in the chair. "Nah, not really. I wouldn't want you to spend so much on me either. Aside from that I don't know where my suit is." And knowing himself he would even forget searching it. Though, now the small brunette was a little energetic. He wanted the Dinner to happen as soon as possible - meaning, he had to finish his manuscript. He would just work harder than usually to get it done even earlier!

...and buy some coffee on the way home later if a shop was still open.

Kagami had just finished the last plate, placing it in the dish rack with the others to dry. "I don't care about how much its going to cost me, you know." He chuckled. "I make enough money to be able to handle one night out like that." He grabbed a towel to wipe his hands of the water and came back to sit at the table with Seto. He saw the excitement on the other's face. "Just don't rush through your work now, got it?" He leaned back in his chair so his back was straight up against it. "That's all we would need. Is for you to get so excited and skip something or mess up on something." He let a smile cross his lips, he didn't want the other to think he was scolding him at all.