The Lost General [18+] (YellowPerch x WolfDog)

WolfDog12

"I don't want to see you die... don't you get that?" Yuu could have started crying then but he ignored it and gave Kai a hug. When he pulled away it was clear that he was a lot more calm now and finally determined to run away with this man until they were safe. "I'm sorry you have to leave everything behind to come with me but I thank you for it as well." Yuu nodded as a sign that he was ready to go when he had to. There was the hope he'd regain his mobility as they went.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• YellowPerch

Kai was suddenly in a hug. He liked the warmth Yuu's body set off. When he hugged back Kai answered his last statement. "I won't die Yuu. Not yet. Not with you beside me." Yuu slid out of the hug and Kai could see just how determined he was to leave with him. He was worried about the pain of his body. But if they stayed any longer he knew they'd never find safety. He stood up then, digging through his closet for another duffle bag. "Use this for your clothes Yuu." He left for a moment to go grab his own bag and toss in some more clothes. He had even grabbed some things from the bathroom. With Yuu having little clothes to put in the bag Kai figured they could throw in some food and water too. "I really wanted to let your body rest Yuu. But we need to leave tonight."

"It can't be avoided," Yuu brushed his pain aside as he packed his things in the bag. The teen then made it to his feet and followed after Kai. He placed his duffle bag in the kitchen to be filled but then walked out to looked around. He grabbed Kai's laptop and walked back in to put it in his bag. "We might need this later...." it was going to be their only way to keep track of police movements if it came down to that.

Kai stopped next to Yuu checking over his bag once more. Then he checked Yuu's noticing his laptop. "Yeah, it will come in handy." He set his bag on the island looking around. He'd been a gun for hire for several years, but it never affected the way he had to live. And now was the day he'd end up leaving it all behind. Maybe it was a good thing? Maybe he could run away from this life and start over, with Yuu beside him. He liked the idea a lot. He placed a hand on Yuu's head and Ruffles his hair gently. "Are you ready?"

Yuu was spacing out a bit thinking about what else they might need and came back to earth when his hair was ruffled. He nodded. "As I can be, I guess," he stated in reply to the question. "Let's hope we can put some distance between us and everyone else...." Yuu grabbed the hat and pulled it tight before stabbing his sword to his hip. Sure it stuck out but it was better to be safe then sorry. He grabbed his duffle bag and gripped it tightly as pain shot through his body. He took a breath and got ready to go.

Kai had a gentle smile. He didn't want to take Yuu on some wild chase. He had hoped that he'd be able to settle down and enjoy a life of not having to worry. But now it was different, at least, Yuu was running with someone. He wasn't alone. Kai took his own bag and went to the door, he grabbed his vest and jacket and threw the over his shoulder. He stood in the entry way, staring at his apartment. He was going to miss it, but hey, he couldn't do much about it. He looked back at Yuu, smiling to reassure him. He opened the door and together they left, he didn't really care about leaving it unlocked or not. He threw his bag on the back of his bike, then took the bag Yuu had and threw that on the back. He managed to tie it down, they weren't going to fall off that easily. Then he put his vest and jacket on and hopped onto the bike. "Come one Yuu, get on behind me."

Yuu followed Kai out the door seeing him looked back a few times. The male looked down and quietly followed. He still felt bad about the sittuation. Sure he now had someone on his trip but he was also taking that person from the place he called home. The bag came out of the teen's hands and he focused on what was going on. He climbed on and sat down on the bike before holding onto Kai tightly for them to start going.

The two started going and the seat as well as the rough road was agony on the kid's back and hips but never once did he try shifting position or anythin . He just held on tight. 'Hopefully they don't have a description of Kai out yet.'

Kai waited for Yuu to sit on the bike. He knew this was going to be tough for him, after the wound he had received. Kai made a mental note of that, so that he would stop every so often to let him rest. It didn't take to long for them to reach the next town, seeing how Kai lived on the outskirts of his home town. They traveled on his bike for two hours before Kai decided that Yuu needed a rest. He managed to find a small area off the road where they could park and stretch. Kai stopped the bike, turning it off. He let Yuu get off first and then he did. "We'll take a small break here. Head out again as soon as we're done." He looked down at his watch. Luckily enough nobody would be able to trace them, this was the one invention he made himself. "It's getting late too, we'll have to find a place to stay for the night."

Yuu didn't get off right away when they stopped as if he was too stiff to even do that. Eventually though, he dragged himself off and rested. When he could, he laid down on the ground and stretched a bit feeling even worse then before. There seemed to be no avoiding it. "Where are we going to go?" He trusted Kai's judgement on which hotel or whatever they could go to and be safe for the night. Either way, he was already tired and hadn't even done anything thus far. He hated being this weak and Yuu could only hope he'd be a lot more use when he healed up.... if he healed up.

Kai stayed quiet for a moment. He stood beside his bike, watching over their surroundings. With his sunglasses on, beacause of the setting sun in front of them, it was hard to make out exactly what he was looking at. In some way that was a good thing. If they were being followed, then Kai would be able to tell, by looking one way with his head and his eyes looking a different way. He didn't see any sign of being followed however. He looked down at Yuu, finding him laid out on the grass. He decided he'd join, just sitting instead. "I'd rather not stay at a place to far inside the city. New travels faster within then it does on the outskirts. Its already getting late, but I think we should travel to the next city and stay there." He looked down at Yuu to find whether he agreed or not. "It would be better to get as far from our city as possible before night fall."

"Alright," he agreed groggily. Yuu lifted his arm as if to get help to his feet. Sure he was hurting but he knew they had to get going. He could rest when they found a place to stay. "Maybe it would be best to return to the military.... at least I should have when I learned that's where I was from.... would I even be able to escape them? I wish I remembered how they operated." Yuu was clearly still thinking about it and yet he got up and followed Kai. He would probably know what was best if he remembered about himself and what he learned that caused all this.

Kai stood up, reaching a hand out to help Yuu to his feet. The poor kid had to be hurting, and Kai just wanted to take away all his pain. They went back to the bike, Kai getting on first. But before Yuu got on Kai heard his remark about returning to the military. It made Kai just a little bit peeved. "Are you shitting me!? If you were just going to return to them I wouldn't be spending my time running away!" He stopped himself from saying anymore and with a click of his tongue turned forward turning the bike on. He waited for Yuu to get on, not looking behind him at all. He didn't want to come off at Yuu like that, he guessed the stress was starting to get to him.

"I'm sorry... that's not what I meant...." Yuu looked down but he got on the bike behind Kai and kept his mouth shut the rest of the time. He didn't know who he was and this man was kind enough to give up his life to help a stranger. Yuu had no reason to complain. Even when they got to where they were going to stop next, Yuu silently got off the bike and followed where he was suppose to go without making so much as a sneeze. Yuu went where he was told, did as he was told and didn't even look at Kai. It wasn't even because Kai got angry at him but because of what Yuu had said. He hated himself for what he did.

Kai hated the silence, but he didn't know what to say to Yuu to make him understand what he meant. It took them another two hours to get to the outskirts of the third city. By then the sun had gone down. The sky was dark, with no star in sight, he had heard there being a call for rain. When they got to the motel they would be staying at, Kai traveled around back, parking out of sight away from the road. He then went to go pay for the room and was back just as soon as he had left. Kai unlocked the door, letting Yuu in first while he went back for the bags. He took one last look for any followers and locked the door behind him. Kai placed the bags on the floor by the bathroom, finding Yuu sitting on the one bed in the room. He sighed sitting next to Yuu and placing his hand on his head. "Yuu, I didn't mean to get so mad. I'm sorry."

"You had every right to be..." That was all he could say. The teen leaned into Kai a little just to tell him he wasn't mad at the older male but he still couldn't face him or say anything else. Yuu laid down soon and stretched himself out so he was taking up the thinnest strip of the bed so Kai could have the rest. The teen was too tired to do anything else and too sore to care to do anything else. Remembering that he had few clothes, Yuu at least took off his shirt so he wouldn't have to sleep in it as well. It was cold and there was a draft with only two blankets on the bed but he didn't even care. Once again though, the bruise was completely noticeable and it had gotten darker turning more black and blue. Eventually it would turn greenish to show it was healing but for now it was still very dark showing it was probably still bleeding a bit. Before Kai could say anything, Yuu had already fallen asleep.

Kai felt Yuu's weight lean against him, but all to soon it vanished. He watched as Yuu laid back, stretching acroos the bed before laying still. He took that moment to use the bathroom, sighing as he had gotten up. When he returned to the room he noticed a shirtless Yuu already sleeping atop the bed, not even covering himself with the blankets. Kai took off his clothes, leaving on his pants like Yuu had. He managed to remove the blankets from under Yuu without waking him and covered him, making sure he kept warm. The drafts were seriously awful. Kai got a glimpse of the bruise again, noticing its dark color. He gently touched it, rubbing his thumb against it. Perhaps he should stop drinking too. Kai laid down in the bed beside Yuu, covering himself with the blankets. He could feel the warmth coming from Yuu, but he did nothing to feel more of it. He stayed on the edge of the bed, both to easily get up if he had to, and to give Yuu whatever amount of space he wanted. He took one last look at Yuu, before turning over and closing his eyes.

Yuu slept without moving much at all. He changed from side to stomach sleeping and found himself a bit more buried under the blankets but he had one arm stretched upward and the other hanging straight down touching the floor as he was partly leaning over the edge. He hadn't reacted to having the bruise touched as if he still couldn't feel a thing and he was able to sleep even though it was so cold.

His fingers twitched and Yuu woke himself up just before sunrise by sneezing. He went to roll onto his side again and rolled right off the bed banging his head with his legs still sticking up in the air partly still on the bed. The male groaned and pulled his feet down before trying to sit up. Yuu dreamed a bit about his past and wondered if he should bother saying anything about it or if he should just let it go.

Kai hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. He stayed up all night listening to anything that might be someone outside their motel room. He never once felt Yuu move in his sleep and when he did it was the slightest limb or a twitch. When the sun started breaking into the room, Kai was already awake. And it was only an hour after that that Yuu had sneezed and fallen off the bed. Kai had been lying in the bed, staring at the ceiling when it happened. As soon as the thud came, Kai jumped out of bed, running over to him. "Yuu! You okay?" He crouched down to the younger male, making sure nothing looked broken. He waited for Yuu to answer before he started helping him. Just in case something was out of place when it shouldn't be.

"I'm fine, I just hit my head," He stated as he noticed Kai freaking out about the teen falling off the bed. Yuu had goosebumps from how cold it was in the room but he didn't seem to care much, he was tired, sore and just wanted to lay in bed for the next month. One look at Kai's face and Yuu knew he hadn't slept. The teen looked pissed and stood up, shoving Kai onto the bed. "Go to sleep!" He demanded before going and putting on his shirt. The young general knew all too well that his savior could end up being his killer if he didn't get enough sleep. The last thing Yuu wanted was for Kai to get hurt because he was too worried about the younger male.

Yuu sat down on the floor with his back against the door and watched the window. "If anyone tries to come in then I will know and I'll stop them so go to sleep." He'd grabbed his hat and pulled it on for a little extra warmth where he could get it. The teen was not happy about having to stay up because Kai hadn't slept but he was willing to do it without complaining for even a second.

Kai was going to help Yuu up when the younger male suddenly shot up, pushing him on to the bed. He nearly shouted due to the surprise he got from the sudden aggression. He was going to ask what the hell was going on when Yuu started shouting at him to sleep. He figured his face must have had dark circles and the fatigue he felt showing. With Yuu getting so upset about him not having slept at all. He even sat against the door, making sure that he watched over the room. Kai shook his head, a smile placed in his lips as he got up off the bed again. "Don't worry, this isn't the first time I haven't slept. I'll be fine." He picked up his shirt that he tossed aside last night and pulled it on. "We really need to get out of this district. The next one will be an easier place for us to settle for a little while." he looked over at Yuu, making sure he was following what he was saying.

"Not until you get some rest. Half hour minimum!" Yuu settled in more and clearly wasn't budging. Unless he was physically moved, this stubborn teen wasn't going anywhere. He had already been the cause of a lot of things that happened to Kai but he was not going to be the one to deprive the man of sleep. "Also, mind if I go on your laptop? I'm going to be here a while." Yuu had a strange face that looked almost smug but at the same time, angry and determined.

Whether or not Kai went to bed, was up to him now, Yuu settled where it was comfy enough. Sure the sound of safety in the next town sounded great but there was no way they'd make it at this rate. While sitting where he was, Yuu thought about the things he remembered from his past in his dream that night. It was strange and maybe important to what he learned but he couldn't tell, it was still a jumble of images and words all thrown together.

Kai wasn't going to give in. If he had to he was about ready to just pick the younger male up over his shoulder and walk out the room just like that. However, his protest didn't get him anywhere when Yuu suddenly decided he was going to use Kai's laptop. He sighed shaking his head and plopping himself back on the bed. He remained clothed and tossed himself on to his side, facing the opposite side of where Yuu was. "Fine, but only half an hour." He mumbled, then suddenly looked at Yuu and sternly told him, "Got it!?" Kai didn't even wait for an answer. He lay quietly on the bed expecting to not fall asleep. However, he must have been more tired then he thought, because it was only a matter of time before Kai had fallen asleep. It was the first time Kai had ever fallen asleep in such an unknown place. Perhaps it was knowing Yuu was there that he left himself defenseless.

The reason Yuu had said a half hour and not five minutes the way normal people did was because he knew the best amount of sleep came from 27 minutes or more because of some rem sleep thing. He couldn't remember all of it with his messed up memory but he knew 27 minutes was best. The teen woke Kai 40 minutes after he'd fallen asleep because he'd lost track of time thinking things over.

"Kai! Wake up!! I'm sorry you slept an extra ten minutes... that was my bad..." He didn't look too sorry about it since it just meant more sleep for the gun man. Yuu did however have a strange distance about himself that wasn't there before. He kept away and if Kai ever reached out to him, he retreated thinking up and excuse to move away. When they got outside that seemed to be consistent and every person that got within a certain range, Yuu would grip his sword and move away the best he could. He'd gone quiet again as well.

Kai suddenly shot up, being woken up by Yuu. He looked down at his watch, and he frowned at the time. He had hoped as soon as they woke up they could leave. But the extra sleeping set them back. They weren't behind schedule, in fact it was still pretty early. But it was later then Kai wanted it to be. During his moving around, Kai noticed the distance Yuu ket from him. He didn't like it, but he'd leave Yuu alone for now. He made Yuu stay in the room while he packed the things away and tied the bags on his bike. When he was done he came back inside and told you they were all set to go. He hoped on the bike first, waiting for Yuu. They were on the bike briefly before Kai had to get off and return the motel key. When he came back, he had a muffin in one hand and the other in his mouth. He gave Yuu the muffin in his hand, reaching up for his own at the same time. "Here, breakfast. Free from the motel." He got back on the bike and they left, heading for the next district.

It was around noon when Kai decided to pull off and rest. He found a small area with outdoor vending machines. Kai pulled out a couple of bills from his pocket. The rest of his cash had been tucked away in envelopes inside his bag. Kai really didn't like the silence Yuu was giving him. And if it wasn't fixed soon, he was pretty sure he'd end up snapping again. He looked back at Yuu and asked if he wanted something from any of the vending machines. "I'm getting something. DO you want anything?"

Yuu waited where he was suppose to and stayed with the bike while Kai returned the hotel key. He carefully took the muffin without touching the other's hand and gave a quick nod as a thank you. He ate it while they rode. When they stopped around noon, the teen got up and moved around a bit trying to keep his hips from locking up. He could hear the irritation in Kai's voice when he asked if Yuu wanted anything from the vending machine but there wasn't much he could do about it.

"A water please..." He finally spoke up and when someone started wandering near them trying to get something from the vending machine as well, Yuu grabbed his sword, his hands shaking. He was going to attack the woman who was clearly just thirsty. She seemed like the adventurous type and offered Kai a warm greeting. The girl didn't take notice of Yuu who stood back but she talked about the weather getting colder and normal small talk that didn't pertain to anything really.