How to tell if someone is a BL fan?

tsen

Has anyone else run into the issue where you meet someone who likes the same tv show or anime and you want to ask them if they like any BL but you also don't want to be too direct and scare them off? :9onion70:

Whether you successfully or unsuccessfully made contact with a fellow BL fan, here's a thread for you to share your experiences!

Do you bring up something like LGBT issues to see if they're homophobic first? Do you casually mention that you know "someone" that ships a gay pairing? Or do you find out their taste in shows and recommend a similar gay show?

I want to know! :_red_fox 2

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lukaXGAMErs

• tsen

• Demonic_Cultivator

• fan_yaoi

Hmmm. I would really know if they're a fan of BL judging by their reaction of the same sex couple. Even when they don't comment with that touchy topic, judging their expressions you certainly know they're into it or not.

When I was still in college I'd had the same subject with this boy who really loves anime. He said that he likes every genre as long as it's related to a manga or an anime. Then I'd brought that topic regarding to same sex and the guy laughed it off. Then out of the blue, I'd ask him if he knew this nice game called Drammatical Murder, it took him a couple of seconds to say yes.

Lol he was a fudanshi. It's like baiting them with certain series, i'd go first with shounen ai then the heavy ones. :) It's about keen observation with their reactions that some pay little to none.

Hmm. I think if they're an anime lover. Well in my case, I was the one who spread YAOI anime and stuff. (I'm too spoiled when I was an elementary student). So no worries about for me. But if I'm able to tell, Just as gin-san said, It's their reaction, whether they will hate yaoi or not.

I'm not really a shy person, so I'm able to tell it to them "Do you know yaoi?" Ahahaha, I love their reaction when i explain what's yaoi, they're too innocent! And that's why my batch in my school is so perverted right now because of me and my sister. :):) Some people really know what's yaoi and shipping real people, like in youtubers and such! (I corrupted your minds. I'm sorry my classmates.)

The only time I remember is when I was at the mall a while back and I saw this girl wearing a Noiz hat. I wanted to talk to her but I was with my family (and I didn't have the guts).

• 4 weeks later...

I think its kinda hard to tell, The only way for me to tell is if they are standing near the yaoi bookcase in the bookstore. But I would never dare to talk to them, im a bit shy I guess irl and I always feel im in the way....... hmm

One thing that I find bad about myself was that I was explaining yaoi for another guy a while ago, and lots of people started to walki by, I felt very embarrassed cuz they heard and that piss me off now after, I dont wanna be embarrassed cuz of yaoi I love it. It really mad me feel bad.

Promise, next time I c someone who like yaoi I will talk to them *feeling strong*

Well if its a kid I won't , that would just be creepy if I did thumbs up while saying "u like yaoi, niiice" XD

But I think its hard to find yaoi fans outthere irl.