More Adware issues

Virdian*

Hey there,

Sorry to bother again, but it has really been wracking my nerves when I visit this forum. I have posted a thread that concerned one specific ad, but now there are tons of those. It's impossible clicking through the forums without getting a pop up that suggests some adware. Just recently I got a forced download by just switching forums and automatically activating some pop up. This always happens on my mobile phone, I use the stock browser by Samsung, but my phone doesn't have any viruses (yet), so it's definetely not caused by that. Furthermore this only happens on YO. I don't want to use an adblocker, but it's impossible for me to browse without.

Best regards

Virdian*

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• Kurai Hoshi

• Virdian*

• Suida

I sometimes have the same problem everytime I enter the forum through mobile phone (HTC One through Firefox and Google). I can't browse the forum properly without getting a popup saying something about a virus and starting a scan and other stuff. This really is frustrating.

You can fix the problem without an add blocking app. It's actually rather simple just open up your android browser and go to "Settings"

Screenshot_2015-09-17-22-47-51_zpsmpdbtgc8.png

Then select "Advanced"

Screenshot_2015-09-17-22-48-00_zpsmxxhllco.png

And then go to "Content settings"

Screenshot_2015-09-17-22-48-24_zpswumvz9gc.png

Then you’ll see the option "Block pop ups" just make sure that it’s enabled

Screenshot_2015-09-17-22-48-28_zpsmjsyiywe.png

idn since i did that i'm pop up free and happy ^^ hope it will help you both too

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

We haven't changed anything, we have the same ads we used to have on YO, but it seems one of the ads is acting up and we should figure which one, so I can forward the complaint to the ad company.

Please access these 3 pages and refresh several times each of them so we can locate which of them is causing the popups. Please tell me on which page the popup appears.

, thanks, but I have my pop-ups already disabled.

, it doesn't happen when I browse through the main site, just on the forums, apparently. I was able to trace an ad, though.

9vu8mtai.png

Thank you for providing the print screen. However, we need to find the ad company that serves the malicious ads.

Both on the forum and on those testing pages I sent we use the same 3 types of ads (3 ad companies). There aren't different ads on the forums than on the site. The same ad (like the one you sent me in the print screen) can run in all the 3 ad companies, but just in one of the companies to redirect. That's why we need to figure exactly which of the 3 causes the issues so we can report it to the ad manager and have that ad fixed or removed.

Please try to refresh several times the 3 pages I sent in the post above as surely one of them is causing the popups.

Also, I made a small change in the filters, but I don't know if it will make any difference.

@

Thank you for providing the print screen, however, as I mentioned before, we have to discover exactly from which ad company the malicious popup comes. That's why I provided the test pages, individual for each ad company.

Please access these 3 pages and refresh several times each of them (without browsing the site, just refresh the same page several times) so we can locate which of them is causing the popups. Please tell me on which page the popup appears.

The problem with those "testscreens" is that the popup simple never appears when opening them no matter how often I reload them. this stupid add thing is always showing up as soon as I simple enter the

page on my phone! Every single time! And after that never again...

there are many ways to circumvent those pop-ups saying your android device is infected and that you’ve a virus in an incorrect german lang… you can either disable javascript in your browser and when you’re on the main YO site scroll down and switch to full site which can be annoying too i admit cause you've to enable it if you want to browse the web or you can change your browser i personally prefer firefox (never had any problems) or just clear your cache and delete your browser data,.. anyway orrr maybe you've another app installed on your device which causes the annoying pop ups.. idn it’s just a suggestion i’m not sure but there is also an app for android devices which can find those unwanted apps called "new air push detector" which is really good and free.. just try your luck

@

I was to ask exactly what Suida mentioned above, whether you don't have some app/extension installed that is causing the popups. We only have 3 ads on the forum, exactly the same 3 on the test pages. If none of the 3 ads we are running is causing the popup on the site, it seems something else is causing that popup to appear. Most probably some application you have installed.

If one of the ads we run is causing the issue, it should make the popup appear on the test pages as well.

I know it's annoying, I want to solve your problem if it's caused by the ads we run, but for that I need to know which ad is causing it to be able to talk to that specific account manager to have the issue fixed.

Waha \o/

, don't know what you did, but it's all good now. A few minutes ago I was browsing the site on mobile to take that print screen and no ad-pop up-whatever showed up.

anyway orrr maybe you've another app installed on your device which causes the annoying pop ups

Checked that and no.

The problem with those "testscreens" is that the popup simple never appears when opening them no matter how often I reload them. this stupid add thing is always showing up as soon as I simple enter the
page on my phone! Every single time! And after that never again...

Same happened to me, even yesterday. I also noticed that if you browse the forum on Mobile style, nothing appears as well. That's how I managed to log in on mobile the past few days.