Know your OS health better.

Saga

the_matrix_bar_by_gockillaz.jpg

Hello, otaku's and guests.

It is very essential for a gamer (and in general) to know your OS (Operating System) health.

First we start with recognizing the system interface. I have explained that

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Think of your machine as of a patient and you are the doctor.

The patient-doctor relationship is not fully about only when the patient has serious symptoms, regular check-ups are healthy. So is with your machine. Once in a while you have to check your system health. Windows (I take for example the OS I am using but it goes for any type of OS) always make sure to do a daily report of its state. Whenever your system gets an error, it states so. However, not all issues would disturb your work, meaning, Windows won't always do the ''annoying'' pop-up window with 'dang-error' sound.

I am using currently Windows 7, so I will take that for my base. But if you need to know how things work on another OS or another Win series, google is a vast place. (:

free_av__floppy_disk_by_kiddo47.gif True that there are some awesome (paid) programs that make it easier for you to stay updated with your OS health, moreover even fixing that for you. But all you need is actually inbuilt in your OS.

Besides, I am sure you've heard the saying "Ignorance is a bliss". But actually don't always trust when the dude from the IT service assures you that 'something' is dead and needs to be changed. Or that it would be costly because -inserts a dozen of stuffz here just so makes it legit enough- and that's why it's better for you to buy a new system from their store/ or if you really treasure the current one to give it a try. This world is all about money. Don't be surprised if you are convinced to pay (a lot), it is the "normal order" of things. The system you barely know has a deep sector that can be reached and fixed (unless physically broken; even I would tell you to buy a new system if your machine was hammered, ne..)

EVENT VIEWER & RESOURCE MONITOR + CMD

Today I will talk only about EV, next time about the other two.

As I said I'd take WIN7 for a base because that's what I am currently using. So, let's start.

Bring out your run command box, easy combination of the windows logo on your keyboard and R can do that for you. Press together, key logo + R.

Next is to type the following command,

eventvwr

There you go, you opened Event Viewer. Now you see on your left a side-bar with enlisted local folders and on your right a side-bar with enlisted actions. In the middle is the monitoring information box. Let's study the EV.

Autq6XW.png

Once you choose Administrative Events, the display box in the middle will enlist 'events'. Some will be 'warnings' others will be 'errors'. I don't advice you to ignore 'warnings' just because they are not 'errors'. Remember, you are a doctor now.

4kTs93E.pngSum03J8.png

The additional information box is something I added. It won't appear in your Event Viewer. Please don't ask me how you bring that box out. ._.

It will be nice if you check now and then your Event Viewer. The OS really communicates with you, so make sure to listen to it. It can save you a lot of money.

Note: If your OS has other accounts, make sure to do that in the Administrator account.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic