The golden cage (Ariesa and Esteron)

Esteron

The male looked embarrassed away still being hold in the others arms and avoided a little pleasant sound when the noble started to kiss along his neck. Feeling the nobles soft lips there he started shivering lightly and the hands on his back left a burning on his skin. 'Why is everything he does feeling so good?' His heartbeat was raising even more.

"Ah...!" the male let out when the other pushed him down on the bed while being only a few inches above him. 'What the...?' Speechless he stared at the noble and realized his position now. The other was going to take him. When the blond began to speak Ioris head went deep red. "W-what? That's nonsense! I don't want you to continue. Not at all!" he stammered and flinched when the other came closer with his face whispering in his ear so his breath was tickling him. Tease him to continue being touched by him? Wanting him? "No, definitely not. It's just..." '...my body is so sensitive? ...reacts only of his touches? ...I'm irritated?' No, all this things were an invitation to him to continue. So he stood quiet and even felt fear raising in his heart. 'I'm smell scared.. it's not that I haven't done it before but...' It was a whole different thing now, especially when he only knew it with females. "Why don't you understand that I don't want it, damn it?" the blue haired said with a bit anger and fear in his voice and tried to push him away again. The kissing and caressing were somehow pleasant, but the imagination to be taken by a man creeped him out.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Esteron

• Ariesa

Ah, that blushing face again. Miryoku knew he could never get tired of such expression on the commoner's face, it was just perfection. "Nonsense?" He questioned in a playful voice, like that was true. If it was pure 'nonsense' then the other wouldn't be reacting in such a way that said otherwise. It was quite cute, but was also starting to aggravate him. 'Why is he so stubborn?' The other male has already contradicted what he said three times now, and yet he still keeps trying. As if it would soon go away, his reactions to him. And, the nobel wasn't going to have that. Not in the slightest. Miryoku moved to give Hoshinawa another kiss, when the man started to push at him with anger and-. 'Is he....is he scared?' The blonde was seeing things, right? Because the guy looks a little fearful, terrified even. Something tore in his chest as he looked at his servant with calculating and slightly wide eyes. 'Am i..?' Fuck, was he forcing himself on Hoshinawa? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck! Silently, he moved away. Sitting up and getting off the bed to head towards his closest. The nobel was eerily quiet as he grabbed some clothes, occasionally wincing because of his wounds. 'Damn Haruhi for being right all the damn time!' Without looking at the other, he left the room in a hurry. Slamming the door shut behind him. 'Fuck what's happening to me? Why am I even feeling like shit because that damn commoner was angry?' And scared. It made no sense! Why was he...'caring'? Growling to himself, Miryoku headed towards the baths which were deeper in the manor.

His heartbeat increased and he waited for seconds to see Miryokus response. Them the other let go of him, sat up and moved away 'Eh?' Irritated and not expecting this he only watched his moves breathless. Watching him picking some clothes and leaving the room. With a huge sigh he sat up and covered his face with his hands still shivering. "That was frightening..." he mumbled quiet and was relieved the other went away from him, but something was strange. Was he angry? I originally soon up and looked towards the door. It was strange that he suddenly interrupted. 'So what?' the male shrugged and wandered towards the cupboard. 'He never listened to me so there is no need to get frustrated.' The blue haired opened it and chose a light blue shirt with short sleeves. 'He sure don't care if I borrow one of his shirts. ...Well, it's a bit wide, but it doesn't matter.' The two middle buttons were buttoned up so the shirt still was loose. It was a comfortable way to wear it.

'Miryoku-sama probably went to the bathroom so I should use time to look around the manner.' Maybe it wasn't a wise decision to wander around on his own but who cares? So he left the room and went down the long corridor, along door after door. 'Man, everything's so huge here. In this place you can let half of the townspeople live. And all the decorations and paintings already looked expensive. Man...'

Walking further he lowered his head and deepened into his thoughts. 'I wonder why I got that scared. Yesterday in the kitchen I wasn't scared at all. Maybe because I was more excited. ...Hell what?' The male didn't believe his own mind. Shocked he stopped moving and leaned against the corridors wall. "His treating was really... exciting yesterday and his near is so... warm.' Recalling the day before, he felt the nobles warmth around him and his pleasant touches and kisses. He vehemently shook his head. 'They weren't pleasant. No, never! ...why am I keep saying it and fight against my own feelings? Why do I always lie to myself? ...yes. yes it was pleasant and I got excited. More than I expected. But he is a man... and younger than me. It can't be right to feel this way.' He sighed heavy and stared at the White ceiling above him. 'I don't know what I should believe...'

The nobel was laying in the bathtub, his hair wet with water and and slicked back. Steam was floating around the huge bathroom, staining the mirrors surrounding the room. He sighed as he leaned his head back, sinking deeper into the water as his bruises started to sting. Everything was turned upside down for him, ever since that commoner came. He's never had such urges to take someone, to not think of it as a game. It was surreal and yet, it's became a want for him. A need, really. And it wasn't confusing because the guy was well, a guy, but that he's having any sort of affection towards anyone that wasn't an item or his piano. 'He's just a servant, one that's here to babysit me and for me to play with.' However, this was entirely different from the past 'servants'. The.blonde huffed, closing his eyes. He scared Hoshinawa, hell he most likely traumatized him. And that thought made his chest ache. It was never his goal to hurt the guy, just-. 'Just what? I don't even know myself what this is!' At first, Miryoku thought it was pure lust. But, as the game went on, he wanted more from his servant. To see all of his emotions, to hold him and proudly say he's his, to make him his queen and have someone to hold. 'I need to relax; this doesn't mean anything! I've already fucked up, and there's no need to apologize..,' After that, he was sure Hoshinawa doesn't want him anywhere near him.

Understandable, but also tortuous. Miryoku felt like he doesn't know himself anymore, it was getting to him as he thought about it more and more. With a groan, he sunk deeper into the water. Sinking his head under the water for a few seconds before resurfacing again. In hopes that it'll clear his head in some way. But, as he thought, it didn't. The nobel stood up, draining the water from the tub as he stepped out of it, heading towards a counter to put on some boxers and pants. His skin was a little red from the hot water he laid in for what felt like hours. He didn't bother on putting on the shirt. Instead, he picked it up and wrapped a towel around his shoulders and headed out the bathroom. He needs to get to his piano. He'll calm down more if he played something, anything. 'Stupid commoner...stupid mother!' Despite the dark words in his mind, he was far from the truth. "I fucking hate this..,"

The male was staring at the ceiling with rotating thoughts. It seemed it wook hours since he moved again. 'It's troublesome to think about it... especially when you don't come to an answer. I should go back and act like nothing happened. Yes, it would be the best.'

But before he turned around to move back he noticed a slightly hidden stair to the next floor a few meters away from him. Because there wasn't a window in the near the stairs were covered in a twilight. He peered upstairs and followed his curiosity. 'It looks like a truss. And it's so dark here.' It was indeed a truss where also was no window and only the meager light from the floor downstairs brightened it up. 'I wonder what... ouch!' Iori tramped through the darkness and hit something with his leg. He turned left and a few steps backwards to look what he hitted. - but only to fell over some other thing and hit the ground. "Ouch, man..." the male cursed and hold his back, but again he bumped something behind him with his elbow and a wooden picture frame fell on his head. "Argh, that hurts..." When he stood up holding his head he tripped over a small thing and another thing fell down with a loud noise. 'Damn... that wasn't me...' The blue haired returned to the stairs and walked down quickly. 'What am I doing? I'm like a bull in a china shop. That's not me. I don't act normal today...'

Downstairs he ran along the corridor and stopped after a while to catch some breath. 'Woah that was strange. I shouldn't sneak into things I don't know.' He leaned his arm against the wall and huffed. After a short break he further walked along the corridor.'I already see the stairs towards the entrance hall so Miryoku-samas room must be here.'

So how would he encounter the noble? As he said - normal like nothing happened? With every step the male took his nervousness raised.

Miryoku was looking at the pure white keys of his piano with a mixed expression. He wantes to go find Hoshinawa, but, he was sure that the guy was hiding somewhere. Probably even tried to call his mother and tell her what he tried to did. 'Like she would believe him.' Which made him sick in a way. Sighing, he sat down on the bench in front of his treasure. Removing the towel from around his shoulders and dropping it on the floor. Caressing the keys, he prepared to play. When he suddenly heard a noise. 'What the hell was that?' The commoner was most likely hiding like he previously stated. Huffing, he tried to play again. But there were at least three more noises that stopped him dead in his tracks. Causing him to grind his teeth together in pure irritation. 'I get it, i feel guilty....now shut the hell up!' The nobel growled in his mind. All he wanted to do was let out all of this emotional angst that was now present inside of him.

The blonde waited three more minutes before he let his fingers move across the keys, music quickly feeling the air with the sound of his heart; sorrowful, angry, and confused. Miryoku closed his eyes as he let the music control him. Mind wandering to when ge first met Hoshinawa, how he wanted to see every side of him, to touch and caress his body, to feel his heat against his body-. 'No! This is the exact thing that fucked me over!' The music started to get more aggressive and fast paced. 'How did i mess this up? He reacted like he wanted it, and yet i still fucked up! He even looked sad when i stopped touching him. Unless....it's because he was a guy. That's it...i was forcing him to have feelings that he would normally have for a woman...,' Suddenly, the nobel stopped. Slamming his hands onto the keys as he bent forward. Breathing heavily as he squeezed his eyes shut.

When the commoner walked towards the door to the nobles room he wondered and hesitated. 'What...? Music?' Wonderful notes played on a piano were flowing through the air. 'That's beautiful.' The blue haired hold on and listened. This music came from behind the door, so it had to be the noble who was playing that song. The male stood there for a while and was really impressed and touched. It was rare for himto hear such a good play. 'It's simply awesome and you almost hear the feelings through that sond. Wow.'

Then the song turned faster and somehow aggressive. The blue haired became too curious and silently opened the door a crack. Peeking inside he saw the noble sitting backwards towards the door, sitting infront of the piano and whipped a wonderful tone after tone. Iori was amazed by this view. Slowley he sneaked in and closed the door carefully to not disturb the shirtless blond. 'He... looks so wonderful... like a dream... and te music which acompany him...' The comoner couldn't put off his eyes of the other and enjoyed the moment. Suddenly the noble stopped and slammed on the keys and startled the male. 'Woah..!' Everything turned silent - very silent - and theroom was filled with a strange atmosphere.

Should he say something now? Maybe he would get angry, because he didn't want to be disturbed? The commoner swallowed hard. 'Just compliment him. You can't stand here without a wrd. It would be more awkward.'

"W-wow, that was really amazing!" he started speaking in a gentle voice. "You truly have some heck of a talent. I enjoyed listening to your plays." The male made a few steps away from the door, but also ket a safe distance to the other.

The blonde was having an internal turmoil; he took advantage of Hoshinawa and didn't know it till the third time it happened. And worse of all, he cared! Why does he care exactly? He only knew the guy not even a day and yet his emotions is all over the place. As well as guilt eating away at him. He can't get that look on the other's face out of his mind, like it was engraved into his memory and he was forced to see it over and over again. 'What the hell is wrong with me...,' Miryoku was startled when he suddenly heard a voice, looking over towards the door to see the very person who was haunting him. His heart clenched painfully, he can't possibly be this weak. Hardening his expression, he looked away. Body becoming tense as the air around felt as if it was suffocating him. "What are you doing here," he said in a equally tense tone. Gaze stubbornly fixated on the piano in front of him. Back bent forward as he clenched the bench between his legs tight to the point that his knuckles turned sickly white.

"I thought you would've left by now. Unless you're here for something else...," 'Probably yell at me or say he's going to sue. Or call me a monster......the compliments are just a trap...,' The nobel didn't say anything else, the suffocating feeling increasing drastically.

The male noticed the repellent body speech of the other. What exactly was going on? Since he rejected the noble he was acting strange. Was he really angry abou that? 'Then he shouldn't blindside me and try something like that.' The blue haired folded his arms and huffed deep. "Why leaving? I'm your servant for now, you know." Then he made a short break to keep his countenance. 'Nothing happened... just think nothing happened.' The air was still hard to inhale and the environment seemed quieter than usual. "I have no intentions in leaving and giving up the job here. Just want to let you know - even if I mentioned it before - I'm not your toy and I'm not here to play around." His words sounded harsher than they should and that wasn't the thing he was supposed to say, but it was better than some awkward stammering. Of course he was staying - there were two fundamental reasons: The need of money and the somehow addicting closeness of the noble. The male stepped closer to the others side and patted on his shoulder. "So don't treat me like I was one. ...My, your back is cold. Even if you're inside you will catch a cold when you stay like this." All his more or less anger flew away and concern was replaced. He sighed, moved towards the cupboard and took a shirt with long sleeves and put it over the blonds shoulders so at least his back was covered. The male was wondering about his own actions. He couldn't stay in this bad mood for so long especially when there was something to worry about. 'It doesn't help at all.' Then he moved back to the door confused. "I-I'm looking for something for breakfast." was his excuse and left with those words, walked towards the stairs, put his arms on the handrail and rested his head on thm. 'What the hell was that? It was a seesaw of my feelings. When I keep acting like this I will not only confuse me... I'm so hopeless. Acting strong and end up caring.' With a hearty sigh he closed his eyes. 'He smelled wonderful when I was close to him... and he looked so good. ...Everything's weird... confusing. In less than a day my mind turned upside down.'

Miryoku growled lowly under his breath but stayed silent. Of course this man was more than an airhead, the guy was an idiot. He was giving him a way out of this, giving him an escape from this job as well as still getting payed for it. And yet here he was, standing in his room like he was meant to be there. The blonde's heart clenched even harder; fuck he feels sick. His stomach turning from his own thoughts, as well as his head throbbing and his chest feeling like someone stabbed it with a hot iron. 'Why can't you just leave and make this unknown sickness go away?!' The male jumped when he was suddenly patted on the shoulder. Cold? His body shivered involuntarily; oh, so he was. "It doesn't matter to me if i get sick," he grumbled darkly. The.nobel had nothing important to contribute to when he's well, so why care if he catches some kind of sickness? The only thing bad that can come to being bedridden for a few days was that he would be bored out of his damn mind. Miryoku jumped out of his thoughts when something touched his back and he curiously touched it. It was a soft fabric, his shirt? He didn't even notice Hoshinawa moved around his room, nor got closer to him. 'Why is he still civil with me?' After everything he's done, why? The sound of his door opening and closing echoing throughout the whole room. He has to do something, anything. 'I....i have to apologize...,' Suddenly, he stood up. Throwing the shirt, he ran towards the door. Swinging open and not caring to close it back as he went looking for tge commoner. And when he did, he wrapped his arms around the other. Embracing him from behind as he hid his face against the crook of the man's neck. "I'm sorry...," the noble muttered in a broken voice. "I didn't....i didn't want to hurt you...or make you scared of me. I...i just...,"

'I just what? How come even i don't know?!' Miryoku tightened his hold on his servant.

'I wonder why I'm still staying here... there are more opportunites to get a job. It's spring so it's easier to get one...' His head still resed on his arms. Something was holding him here. Something he couldn't quiet explain. 'You just need to go back to town... it's not a big deal, ne?' But his body didn't want to move at all. His mind was spinning around and he let out a deep sigh. This feeling that made him feeling unwell in the chest and belly was weird and indescribable. It was bonding him here with a strong power. 'Why am I doing this? When I felt unwell I traveled to another place... it always was like this since my endless journey. So why...?'

Sighing again he stretched his body. 'Just leave it behind and search for something new, right? Always looking straight forward, never beginning to totter, ne? ...Eh?' Suddenly he was tightly hugged from behind. The blue haired startled and tensed his body. 'M-Miryoku-sama? He... apologieses?' Iori relaxed when he heard the affectionate apology. "You... that's..." He couldn't find the right words and gently put his hand on one of the blonds to signal he accepted the apology and was alright. The male was also relieved and it took a load off his mind and a single tear appeared in the corner of his eye. Hasty he wiped it away. "I-I'm alright... don't trouble yourself..." he slowley spoke but his lightly shivering voice told something different. He caressed the others hand and felt the beautiful warmth around him.

'Don't have to trouble myself?' He's been telling himself that for hours and look how good that turned out! It's not like he didn't try to leave the guy alone and accept the fact that he could, or will, leave. And yet, here he was; trying to do something called an 'apology' while still being puzzled on the fact that the commoner was still here for some unknown reason or another. The noble relaxed a little when Hoshinawa began to caress his hand, however, his mind was still filled with thoughts and doubt. Miryoku softly kissed the other's neck, though not out of lust. Just to comfort himself by touching his servant a little more. In a...none sexual way. 'Is that even a thing?' Did something like that even have a name or even exist?

"Iori," he said softly, turning the man so that they were now chest to chest. Faces merely a breath apart. "I....I'm...s..ss...," And he couldn't even say it. It wasn't in his vocabulary! How can such a simple phrase fail to fall past his lips?! "I....i won't touch you again...if you want?" 'Why is that a question? Of course he wants me to stop!" The image of those fearful eyes looking up at him intensified. And the blonde was sure he'll keep remembering it for the rest of his life and the next. Slowly, Miryoku removed himself from Hoshinawa and the embrace they made. Hesitating ever other second subconsciously. It took him a minute but he was finally a few feet away from his servant now, and now officially dying inside. He wanted-no, needed to touch him! 'I can't force myself on him again!! I can't I can't i can't i can't.'

Being in his arms was so right and the kisses on his neck were so smooth and gentle. This moment was like falling and being caught and new and old sorrows were drifting apart. When the commoner was turned around he looked into the aggrieved face of the noble hearing him stammer an apology. I or couldn't help but find it somehow adorable and didn't expect that he would try to say sorry.

What did he say? Don't touch him anymore? Somehow this sentence caused a sting in his chest. It wasn't the thing he wanted. But what exactly did the male want?

The male smiled briefly while he stepped closer to the other who managed to move slightly away. His mind wasn't working well as he wrapped his arms around the blond and stood silent. 'The thing I really want is staying here at his side. It doesn't matter if we both are males. .. The feeling is there. And it's more pain to fight them than allow them.' Then the blue haired loosened the embrace and looked in the nobles eyes and came closer with his face and eventually touched his lips with his own. The male gave him a soft and careful kiss and shortly hesitated.

Miryoku was messing up his mind to its fullest and I or even don't believe his own doings, but threw his doubts away and kissed the other again. Gentle. Lovingly. "It's okay. Really." As long as the noble was the one who touched him.

The blonde refused to look at Hoshinawa, feeling weak and yet like the villain all at once. It was the shittest feeling ever, worse than when he got shot in the leg! 'Why isn't it going away?!' He apologized, more or less, and gave the guy a way out; why was the feeling still present? It was starting to make him ill. Miryoku knew he fucked up, big time, was even trying to make it better while still somehow being prideful. So why wasn't it enough! He was interrupted from his inner turmoil when soft lips met his in a sweet kiss. Sparks igniting inside of him from such a simple action.

The noble was shocked; 'Wha...what..?' His servant kissed him . And it wasn't a return kiss from him enforcing it! But, why in the hell-? The commoner bestowed another kiss on his lips and he immediately followed along. Holding the man's waist as he returned the gesture with a more slow yet desperate pace. The feeling of this kiss was different than the other's. It was lust driven or had the need to win a more self absorbed game. It was, sweet. 'Sweet.....,' No, there has to be a better name for it than just 'sweet'. Soft, made his heart flutter happily, making a fuzzy warmth cover his body, loving-. That's it.....it was loving. It had to be. It made him feel special in more of a personal, romantic sense than a sexual, quickie one. And, that bothered him, unsurprisingly. But what was surprising, was the fact it felt right. 'It feels good..,' However, all happy things come to an abrupt stop at some point. 'It's...it's okay!?' How in the hell was it okay?! In what world IS it okay?! "Why are you so persistent on saying it's fine?! What i did is considered molestation or attempted rape! You kept saying no and to stop, but i took your normal body response as something you actually thought...," Miryoku's body tensed again as he looked down.

The male didn't know how the other would response his sudden kiss after all this mess and even didn't know if it was right But it felt this way when the noble replied his kiss. It wasn't weird. It was amazing. It was like the whole world would stand still only for them. This feeling was incredible and Iori wished it would never come to an end.

It was different than before. Yes, this time he also wanted this kiss.

He startled lightly when the other spoke and answered in a lowered voice: "Well... this phrase is more to calm me down than anything else. I always keep saying this..." This was one of the bad behaviors he carried along from home. His and his family's situation always wasn't good and he tried to encourage his self with this sentence. Then the blue haired blushed and looked away. "My body, huh?" It wasn't the case that his body didn't want to be touched. It was more his mind which didn't want it. But there was no way he could say that his body reacted so sensitive because he had no sexual contact since a long time it would be embarrassing...

Sighing he leaned his for head against the others shoulder. When the noble would try it again the male wouldn't be able to reject him. But on the other hand it was still weird thinking about it. All in all he wasn't the pro in the subject 'love' or anything around it. "Ha... it's so confusing..." Confusing but yet wonderful was this feeling deep inside him where no words could describe it exactly. And being there - so close and in the nobles arms - was making him feeling so secure he never felt before.

"To calm...you..," The blonde sighed , body slumping forward ever so slightly as he rubbed at his face in exhaustion. 'Well, at least this man isn't a complete idiot....but still one nonetheless.' It wasn't an insult per say, just something he sort of figured. But why was the commoner still so calm about this? He should've left and said 'money be damned!' And yet he's still here, and he male still can't figure it out no matter what. It was like his brain just turned off as soon as the other said something that did not compute.

'What the hell is wrong with me?' Letting out a long suffering sigh, he tugged at his hair. Still trying, and failing, to make sense of all of this. "Yes...your body." It was obvious to Miryoku; when Hoshinawa said no, he really meant no. Not; 'oh I'm playing hard to get' no. Just...no. And he was thinking too much with his head down there instead of the head he was currently holding to even notice what he was doing was far from being okay. The noble jumped when the man leaned his head on his shoulder. 'What....?' The sudden contact again made his heart flutter and a warmth start to slowly pool in his chest. The same one that appeared when they kissed. 'No...i...,' This can't be a...a 'crush'. Right? It wouldn't make any sense! This...this was a lust filled interest that he was just now trying to suppress! With shaky movements, he removed his servant from his body. Backing up and officially trapping himself against a wall. "Don't...," his voice was low, sounding like a restrained and fearful child. "If you keep doing this...I'll...,"

'I'll what?' Even though Miryoku asked himself this question, he was afraid of the answer he'll find.

• 2 weeks later...

Iori rested his head against the warm shoulder of the male, but everything spinned around. It was still a big fight inside him. A fight between mind and heart. His mind was still halway against this strange and strong affection for the noble. After all Miryoku was a male. He couldn't feel that way for a male, right?

The commoner snapped out of his thoughts whe the other removed him and stepped away from him - only to walk against the near wall. Wondering about the other and about hisself he covered one half of his face with a deep sigh. Did he irritate him now, too? It was a weird situation and he stood still for a short while. What should he say or do? Then he looked up and moved one step closer. "Well, I...-" The male couldn't talk further because he tripped over a small pleat in the carpet - and landed in the arms of the other. "Geez..." he sighed in a lowered voice. 'This wasn't the thing I supposed to do... clumsy in the wrong time...' Pushed in that new situation he stammered unclear some words. The others warm and sudden near also distracted him and his cheeks went lightly pink when he looked up to the male. "That... it... wasn't bad... what you did..." 'Oh hell!' What am I saying?!? Seriously?!?' Shocked he let go of the other and took few steps back, now dark red blushed and covered his mouth ashamed. This were his honest feelings, yes, but they wasn't supposed to leave his mouth in form of words. 'You stupid, stupid, stupid!'

'I need to breath, i just trapped myself against a damn wall!' The nobel cursed himself, taking deep breaths like he told himself to. Not paying attention to his servant for the time being. This was the most troubling situation in the history of his life. Miryoku tried to remove himself from the wall when the other fell into his arms. Literally. 'W...what the hell did he trip over?! Air!?' The carpet was made to specifically mend with the hardwood floor so no one would trip over it. That no one being his mother, who was the one who came up with such an idea to begin with. His body became stiff, hands out at his sides. Why was Hoshinawa touching him so much? It wasn't helping with his 'changing my self image slightly by not harassing this guy' when said guy keeps hugging and touching him in such a way that tore his almost nonexisting patience to shreds. "Wasn't....bad?" What the hell does he mean it wasn't bad? Miryoku leaned his head back, banging his skull against the wall a couple of times when Hoshinawa moved away from him. Eyes squeezed shut in internal pain. "Iori," he started. "Why exactly did you want me to stop then? Is it because I'm younger than you? Because that is just stupid." 'Great job, tell him he's stupid for using common sense instead of being irresponsible and try to get with a kid.' Which he's not, but still. The noble slid down the wall, sitting down on the floor with a low thud. "This is frustrating....," he muttered to himself.