Bitter Sweets

Danni_25

"Hm? Well yeah when I was little I use to visit my grandfather a lot, and I played with Buster all the time so I taught him a whole bunch of trick when he was a puppy. Plus when dog woof down their food it makes them sick, so it took me a while but I finally taught Buster to eat a little slowly. Not only is it better for him, but he lived this long, so my mentions worked in his favor." Elliot smiled looking down at the old dog, though Buster didn't look old he was slim and his skin and fur was still snug on him, a gray whisker here and there but he still look young.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YaoiFanGirlBritty

• Danni_25

Nathan watches Buster and then looks up at Elliot, "well looks like you taught him really well. I am sure you want him to stay nice and healthy too without chowing down his food." He looks at the clock and looks at Elliot, "speaking of your grandfather.. shouldn't you let him know were you are so he doesn't worry?" Nathan got up with his empty plate and puts it in the sink, washing it for a few minutes and puts it away in the cabinet.

"Oh yeah I guess I should do that." Elliot stood up and took out his cellphone, opening it he noticed that he missed a bunch of calls, and there were just as many voice messages.

"Whoops, phone must have been on silent....hm? I don't recognize this number." Elliot decided to listen to the unknown messages voice mail first to see if maybe they called the wrong number. But when he listened to it all the color from Elliot's face drained his fingers starting to tremble.

Nathan comes back from putting away his dishes, watching his parents get up and his mom picking up Emi, "well its getting late.. don't stay up too late okay Nathan," Jason said as he walks with Miya holding Emi and walks to their bedroom.

Nathan looks at Elliot and sits down, tilting his head to the side before leaning forward, "hey... is everyone alright? You don't look so good.. did something happen?"

"Buster come on we need to go right now." Elliot tried not to shout so that he wouldn't disturb Nathan's parents, his eyes quickly looked over to Nathan.

"The hospital, where is it?!" A look of panic crossed over his eyes, Buster stopped eating and was at Elliot's side the instant he said go.

Nathan jumps when Elliot suddenly looked over at him, lowering his head, ~the hospital? I hope its nothing bad.~ He shakes his head out of his trance and looks up at Elliot, "I will lead you there. Come on hurry," Nathan goes to put on his hoodie and opens the door, "mom! Dad! I am going to bring Elliot somewhere. Its very important."

After getting the sign it was okay to go, Nathan opens the door and walks out, "come on now let's go," he starts speed walking down the side walk at a very fast speed.

"My grandfather was just checked into the hospital and I was his emergency contact, they said he was in an accident." His voice was shaky as he hurried after Nathan with Buster keeping up right behind the two. He wanted to get there a fast as possible so speed walking turning into sprinting. But when the did get there and Elliot went to the emergency care ward he asked about his grandfather. The took him to him and what he saw made Elliot lose even more color in his face his grandfather was hooked up to machines and wrapped in loads of bandages. The doctor spotted the shocked male and talked up to Elliot to tell him what had happened. It seemed that his grandfather was walking and got hit by a careless driver, at the moment he was in a coma. Elliot's body trembled as he stood thee frozen.

Nathan looks at Elliot and lowers his head, nodding his head, "well we better hurry then its not that far away from here," he continues running and looks at Elliot to make sure he was following until finally they made it to the hospital. He walks into into the hospital with Elliot and lets him see his grandfather, slowly picking up Buster and rubs his head while following Elliot to the room his grandfather was. "Is he going to be alright," he looks at the doctor and looks at Elliot, lowering his head, hoping Elliot's grandfather will be okay.

"His condition could be worse, for now besides being in a coma, he also has four fractured ribs, a broken leg and arm, a concussion and lots of scratches. He's a very strong man to be able to survive all of that." The doctor stared Nathan then looked over to the still frozen Elliot.

"His recovery will take around six and a half months." The doctor touched Elliot's shoulder before walking off. He didn't know what to do, and what would happen to his grandfathers shop.

Nathan looks at at the doctor and sighs softly, "well... I am sure he will be fine. All he needs now is sleep, don't you think Elliot," he tilts his head to the side as he rubs Buster's head.

Nathan stood next to Elliot and holds Buster up for him, "come on just try to think positive. If he knows your thinking positive, he will get better quicker," he rests his head on Elliot's arm and looks up at him, "do you want to sleep over for the night.. or do you want to stay here with your grandfather? I am sure the doctor's will keep a good eye on him."

Elliot stood there but his finally moved only if it was just his fist clenching shut tightly.

"He has to be alright...my grandfather he was always there for me when I was young, I loved coming to this town whenever my parents had work overseas. But being in the city changed me when I grew older...grandfather can't....he can't leave this world yet." Buster whined feeling Elliot's sadness, the male looked over at Nathan when the other offered to let him spend the night at his place. Elliot thought about it he would only be able to spend the night looking after his grandfather for a couple of hours since guests would have to leave soon. He looked down at the male who leaned on his shoulder he could feel the other's warmth making him relax a bit.

"Thank...you." Was all he was able to say.

Nathan lowers his head and shakes his head slowly, "no.. don't think like that. Try to think positive, I mean.. a lot of times, people survive car accidents even in your grandfather's place. He will be fine," he nods his head as he looks down at Buster and rubs his head. Nathan slowly looks up at Elliot and looks to the side, "well.. we should probably just visit him everyday, in hope that it doesn't get worst but I am sure he will be fine."

Nathan glances at Elliot and shakes his head slowly, "it's no problem...," he looks at Elliot's grandfather and raise slowly before looking at Elliot, walking over to the chair and sits down, putting Buster on his lap.

"Seeing my grandfather in this condition is painful, so being positive is tougher than it seems for me." Elliot turned away he couldn't bare to look at his grandfather any longer. He was sad and upset, but he would hope for Nolan's recovery. His eyes gazed down at Buster who would not stop whining.

"I'm sorry Buster, I'm not the only one who is worried am I you love that old man too." He knelt down and rubbed the sad dog's head. The doctor had come back only to tell the boys that visiting hours were over and that they had to leave.

Nathan nods his head slowly, "its hard to see someone in the hospital.. especially in this condition. But I am sure his body is fighting it because he doesn't want you to be sad," he looks down at Buster and listens to him whimpering.

Nathan watches as Elliot was rubbing Buster's head and looks up, seeing the doctor. He looks back at Nolan, "get well soon, the sooner the better," he walks over to Elliot, "well... time to go. I will wait for you just outside the room's entrance," he starts to walk where the doctor was and stands there, waiting for Elliot.

Elliot nodded toward the doctor, he took one final look toward his grandfather.

"Get well soon old man." He placed his warm hand over the cold one's of the sleeping male. Then turning around he walked out of the room and stood next to Nathan sighing.

"Let's get going." He mumbled pushing his glasses up on his face and headed to the door.

Nathan watches as Elliot walked towards him and lowers his head a little, wishing he can help him feel better and rubs the back of his head with a sigh.

Nathan slowly looks up at Elliot and nods his head before following Elliot towards the door. He opens it and walks out, walking towards the direction of his house.

The walk back to Nathan's house seemed longer than he thought, but he almost forgot that they ran most of the way there. When they finally got there Elliot leaned on a wall waiting for Nathan to unlock his door.

"Is it alright if I use our showers?" His eyes focused on the ground till Buster walked into his line of view. He gave a small smile toward the old dog as it nuzzled it's nose into Elliot's leg.

Nathan continues walking in silence only glancing over at Elliot and walks up to the door, grabbing the key from his pocket and unlocks the door.

He slowly looks over at Elliot and nods his head, "sure that isn't a problem," he smiles softly before opening the door and walks inside the house.

"Thank you." Elliot walked into the quiet house once the door was opened and made a bee-line straight to the bathroom after taking off his shoes at the door. Once inside he closed the door and started up the water till it was hot enough then turned on the shower head. Slowly he stripped off one layer of clothing till his bare body was in view. Lifting up his hand he removed his glasses and set it them down before getting into the steamy shower letting the hot droplets run down his toned body. The shower lasted till Elliot could feel the water turn lurk warm, and he turned the shower off and stepped out spotting a towel he grabbed it and wrapped it around his lower half. Opening the shower door steam flooded the hallway, he walked around looking for Nathan till he found the other.

"Do you have any clothes I can wear?"

Nathan nods his head as he closes the door once Elliot entered the house. He turns around to lock the door and watches Elliot walking towards the bathroom, looking down at Buster and smiles, picking him up and carries him to the couch. He walks into the kitchen and grabs the plate that Buster was eating from before, placing it next to the couch so he could finish eating if he wanted to. Nathan perks up his head, hearing the shower going off and shakes his head while blushing, slicking his hair back as he sits on the chair, closing his eyes slowly. Once hearing the water turn off, Nathan perks up his head and gets off the couch, stretches his arms with a yawn and slowly looks towards Elliot, looking to the side as he was trying to hide his red face.

"Um... I am sure my dad has some clothes he doesn't wear anymore, I will go check," Nathan rushes to his parents room to get clothes for Elliot.

Nathan comes back with a shirt and pants, "I figured.. you didn't really want to wear the boxers.. so um.. here," he gives Elliot the clothes.

Lifting his hand he moved his wet hair out of his face standing there with his hand on his hip. He didn't have his glasses on so he couldn't clearly see his Nathan's face, but he was still able to see color so that he was happy about. The boy was as red as an apple it was so cute, when the clothes were handed to him he took them and leaned down to get very close to the other's face.

"Sorry I forgot my glasses, so things are a little blurry for me."

Nathan rubs the back of his head as he looks over at Buster on the couch, smiling softly as he was starting to relax even after what had happened. He slowly looks towards Elliot and jumps a little, not expecting him to lean in so close to him and shakes his head slowly.

"N-No its fine, I will go get them," he rushes into the bathroom and shakes his head slowly before walking back out, giving Elliot his glasses.

"Um.. it might be a little awkward but I don't want you to wake up with a sore back from sleeping on the couch and we don't really have a guest room so the only spot you can really sleep is in my room."

He looks at the time, "we better get to bed, its getting pretty late and its okay if Buster wants to go on my bed to," he smiles and starts walking towards his room, knowing he first had to get dress for bed.

"Buy a man a drink first before inviting him into your bed Nathan." Elliot lifted his arm to stop the boy from advancing on up the stairs. It was as if Elliot's whole personally changed when he had his glasses off. Water slowly dripped down his still steamy body as he leaved in close.

"Don't be so shy Nathan you can tell me how you truly feel." His eyes gleamed in the dim lighting.

Nathan blinks and tilts his head to the side, shaking his head as he pouts, "we are not going to do anything but sleep. Why, do you want to sleep on the cou...ch," he looks at Elliot as he kept him from going upstairs and looks down his body, looking to the side.

Nathan looks up at Elliot and shakes his head slowly, "it's nothing.. its getting late and we should hurry to bed that's it," he frails his arms while pouting.

He couldn't help himself as he let's out a chuckle placing his glasses back on he moves back.

"You are so cute, let me get dressed real quick and we can go to bed....thanks for cheering me up." Elliot reached out ruffling Nathan's hair before heading upstairs, he sighed glad that he didn't pounce on the male right then and there for some strong reason he wanted the other to fall for him. When did he start to feel that way, he had just met the boy and already he liked him. But then again Elliot was only interested in people he found appealing.