Bitter Sweets

Danni_25

A Danni_25 and YaoiFanGirlBrirry Rp

phuket-bakery-four4.jpg

Name: Elliot North

Personality: Glasses on: Manipulative, Controlling, Sly, Easily Annoyed, and Blunt.

Glasses off: Seductive, Mysterious, Quiet, Selfish

Bio: Since he is the only grandson of Nolan North, and his parents thought he needed to learn a life lesson about earning money he was forced to move down to the country when his grandfather lived and help him run his business a popular bakery shoppe called 'Northern Treats'. Elliot knew nothing about running a shop, but when his grandfather hurts himself and is hospitalized he shapes up and learns how.

Appearance:

tumblr_mlr47fpHbS1ryh76io1_500.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YaoiFanGirlBritty

• Danni_25

Name: Nathan Johnson

Personality: hard working, sweet, over controlling when it comes to work, doesn't talk a lot when focusing, and hates being proved wrong

Bio: Nathan likes to help work for a local bakery everyday before school and on the weekends. He has a little sister that was most recently born and sometimes skips work to hang out also to help his mom that is still pretty weak from the pregnancy. When Nathan is at work, he is a completely different as to when he is at school.

Appearance: 1322ae21ccde8e75dd7a049a056a181b.jpg

It was a long trip, but it was finally over exiting off of the train Elliot North lifted his arm to block the blinding sun. He had been sent down to the country to help run his grandfather's shop against his will. His parents said it was good for him to learn to save his money by working. But he knew little to nothing about running a shop, a sigh escaped his lips as he walked down the platform till he saw a light blue car waiting for him with his grandpa standing there waiting for him. Elliot couldn't help the smile that spread on his face when he saw the older male.

"Good to see you Little Elliot." The gray haired male walked up to the tall male and gave him a strong hug.

"You know I'm too old for that nickname, grandpa."

"Too me you are still my little Elliot, let's get going I want you to see my shop and meet the employees." Elliot gave a small chuckle, he knew he got his straight to the pointness from his grandfather. Nodding his head Elliot placed his gab of clothes in the backseat of the car and got in, when the car roared to life they drove off down the road.

Nathan was at school, working on his homework in study hall and sighs softly. He looks at his wrist watch, smiling softly, ~the day is almost done... I can't wait to see my little sister and help my mom around the house. I wonder how she was doing. Dad said she was getting better at least so that is good,~ he thought as he nods his head.

As the class was coming to an end, Nathan got up from his seat, walking towards the entrance and waves to his dad in the car, running over. He goes into the car and puts on his seat belt as his dad was driving away from the school campus. Nathan never really liked talking about school so he just looked at the window as his dad was playing music.

Once at home, Nathan gets out of the car and goes into the house, waving to his mom and walks over to her, kissing her forehead, "how are you doing mom? Feeling any better?" She simply nods her head with a smile and gives Nathan his baby little sister.

Nathan smiles and holds her tightly, sitting down on the couch and rubs her back, watching her make grabbie hands. He laughs softly and brings his head to her, watching her play with his hair and laughs a little, slowly pulling back, "I wonder why she likes playing with my hair so much." Nathan's mom laughs softly and stands up, walking towards the kitchen to prepare dinner. Nathan perks up his head and looks at his mom, "do you need any...," he was cut off when his mom shakes her head and goes back to playing with his sister.

The drive lasted twenty minutes till they reached a quite little town with a small college. To a city boy like Elliot even thing was so close together and quiet plus the air was so clean he felt light headed most of the drive. As he looked around there were lots of shops and people waving to his grandfather, so he must have been very popular in this town. When the car finally stopped in front of a very homey looking bakery Elliot got out, his fingers pushing his glasses up on his face. The shop was alright looking compared to the many stores he's seen in the city, although this one felt different.

"Well come on in, I told everyone you were showing up today." His grandfather walked up to the store, sighing Elliot followed, he would have to suck it up and do what he was told since he was cut off from his account back at home, so he was literately broke. Inside the bakery it was a warm brown and white color palette with standard tables and chairs. There was also an upstairs off to the side that looked like it lead to some reading nooks and couch, problemly for people who wanted to be in a quiet space. All in all this place felt very relaxing and welcoming, Elliot's attention was brought to a banner hanging from the upstairs that read 'Welcome Elliot' which was rather embarrassing for the man. His glance went down to some workers and people that were inside as they waved and greeted the two.

"Everyone this is my grandson, Elliot North, please look after him." A hand touched Elliot's shoulder as he made sure to start remembering faces, the workers walked over to the owner of the shop and their new boss greeting him respectfully. Elliot noticed his grandfather looking around.

"Is Nathan here?" One of the workers shook his head making the old man sigh, one of his workers was missing, and the male knew that he told everyone to be here today. But the older male brushed it off, the young chef must have had a reason for not showing up to work yet.

Nathan rubs his sister's head, trying to fix her hair with a smile and slowly looks up, seeing his mom still working on dinner for later today. Nathan stands up and puts his sister into her crib, stretching out his arms with a yawn and looks at his dad reading the newspaper.

"Isn't it about time you go to the bakery Nathan? I heard there is going to be a new employee joining there when I was there earlier today," his dad peeks from the top of his newspaper and turns the page. Nathan looks at his dad and slowly looks at the clock, "u...uh oh I should go before I get chewed out," he runs upstairs to his room.

Putting on his uniform and belting up his pants, Nathan sighs softly as he goes back downstairs and waves to his mom and dad, "I will be back later today alright? See you later," he smiles as he opens the door and runs outside. He bites his bottom lip as he continues running until finally reaching the bakery and sighs, ~well... hopefully I won't get yelled at too much,~ he thought as he opens the door and walks towards the older man, bowing his head, "s-sorry to be late sir. I was looking out for my baby sister and lost track of time."

Nolan turned his head when he heard a voice behind him and saw his star baker before him bowing his head in shame as he apologized for being late. The old man gave a warm smile as a sort of softness came into his eyes.

"Nathan, so glad you made it I want you to meet someone, this is my grandson Elliot, and Elliot this is the chef of the bakery Nathan, I thin he is a little younger than you so look out for one another." Nolan smiled as he placed his hand on Nathan's back and moved out of the way so that the two could see one another. Elliot turned from the blushing female employees and looked down at Elliot who was just an inch shorter than him. A short of spark flashed in Elliot's eyes this guy looked interesting he gave the other the look around before reaching his hand out.

"Nice to meet you Nathan." He made sure to clear out his voice before he spoke.

Nathan kept his head bowed until finally when Nolan spoke to him and slowly perks up his head slowly. He tilts his head to the side, watching Nolan move out of the way as Elliot. He looks at Elliot for a couple of minutes before standing up straight and smiles softly, placing his hand on Elliot's hand and starts to shake it, nodding his head, "its nice to meet you too Elliot." Nathan slowly pulls his hand from Elliot's and quickly goes into the backroom to put on his apron.

Nolan sighed that boy was always indifferent whenever he was in work mode instantly walking off after greeting someone. But he let the boy be as he turned to his grandson who was bombarded by the female employees who asked him tons of questions about himself. Nolan could see the uneasiness in his grandson's eyes so he finally stepped in.

"Now now everyone, we still have customers its time to get back to work." Elliot sighed in relief when he was finally left alone even if the people who were interested in him didn't want to leave, but now he was confused what was he going to do now, seeing this Nolan guided his grandson.

"Why don't you have a look around to see how things are done here so you can get a good feel for what you should be doing while here." Nolan patted Elliot on the back as he walked off to his office to file some paper work. Elliot grunted it was just like his grandfather to put him straight to work when he just got there. Brushing it off he looked around and the fist thing he noticed besides the smell of bread was the size of the place and the upstairs. In a book he read here about running a business he knew that the place had to be clean. So his feet moved him around the room seeing if anything was not up to date, but the outside area was clean, and the journey upstairs was a waste seeing that everything was in a decent order, he would have to check properly when there weren't so many people up there. So last would be the kitchen, and when he walked back there his eyes widened, it was a mess back here, dishes piling up dough everywhere, flour all on the floor and the walls were dirty.

"What the......um...what was his name....Nathan!" Elliot looked for that reddish brown haired boy, why was no one helpping clean up back here what if there was something here that shouldn't be his grandfather could get shut down.

Nathan finish putting on his apron and sighs, getting ready for the customers. He stretches out his arms and walks to the sink, washing his hands and dries them off. He walks back into the kitchen part, starting to prepare some of the silverware to set at the table and started to prepare the bread for making bread sticks. Nathan puts the bread sticks into the oven and walks over to one of the stoves he works at, working one a couple dishes that usually get ordered a lot from the usual people that come into the shop. Nathan perks up his head and sighs, walking towards the voice that called him, "oh Elliot? What seems to be the...," Nathan stops as he looks at the dishes, "right... dish washer please finish up the dirty dishes so they are ready for the customers," he walks over to give the dish washer a hand with the dishes.

"Look I know I just got here and all but your the chef right, you have full control of the kitchen and everyone who works in it, why is this place the only place I find a complete mess?" Elliot looked over to the person who was suppose to be the dishwasher she was busy staring at her phone and held up her hand to Elliot. Say she was on break before walking away, being the blunt man he was Elliot walked over to the girl and took her phone, she looked at him angry before she realized who he was.

"Please clean the dishes, seeing as they are piling up like that they need to be washed, who's in control for cleaning the kitchen?" He looked at Nathan then to the girl who pointed toward another male who was chatting it up with some girls. Elliot cleared his voice making, but it fell on deaf ears, so he walked over to the male and tapped on his shoulder the male looked at him and straightened his poster.

"Kitchen needs cleaning immediately." The male nodded and quickly went to do his job, as did the girl both very embarrassed at how quickly the kitchen got dirty, walking back over to Nathan Elliot crossed his arms.

"You have to paid attention to not only the food but the area your cooking in, it can't be messy like that." Elliot sighed as he pushed his glasses up on his face how was his grandfather running this place everyone was just doing whatever they wanted, well except Nathan he was doing his job, being the baker, but how can you bake in a messy kitchen?

Nathan crosses his arms as he looks at Elliot, "well maybe if someone was doing their job.. I wouldn't have to worry about it and focus on making my dishes. I know dailys and they order pretty much the same dishes." He looks over at the dishwasher and sighs, shaking his head and goes back to finishing his food dishes, completing a couple with a sigh. He walks over to the spare sink and starts cleaning the pots and utensils he was using and perks his head up as he looks over at Elliot, "excuse me for not having the dishwasher do her job then...," he turns back around and continues washing his dishes he dirtied.

Elliot smirked his arms crossed when the other talked back to him like he wasn't even afraid of who he was nor did he care to tell how he felt. So the kid had some backbone in him that would be fun being here after all. Glancing at the treats that had been made Elliot walked over to the freshly baked bread and saw that this baker was not all talk when it came to what he could really do, but he was rather young to be a baker.

"So tell me when did you start cooking like this?" Without asking Elliot pick up one of the swirly breads and began to eat it.

Nathan was finishing up a cake that was special ordered the other day by phone and wipes his forehead as he came to a finish. He lets out a sigh and puts the cake in box, slowly putting it into the refridgerator to keep it cold and starts cleaning up his work area, humming a song he has been listening to lately at home.

Nathan slowly perks up his head and looks to his side, looking at Elliot and walks to the sink to wash his hands, "well.. it all started when I was in culinary school in high school. It was one of the classes my friend begged me to be in so I couldn't let him down. After that.. I just enjoyed cooking for other people. It started with my family since my mom is still recovering from giving birth and I felt like I had to master cooking if I was going to help her and to keep up her strength."

By the time the chef was finished with his explanation Elliot was on his second pastry leaning on the wall chewing away. He asked the other when he started cooking he didn't want to learn of his whole life story. So he wasn't listening half way through the explanation, but one the other was done he looked back at the male.

"Yeah that's great glad your living the dream and stuff keep it up." Elliot noticed his hand reaching for another baked good but then he noticed he didn't like sweets, but he kept on eating these, he must have liked the way these tasted, it was light, buttery and flaky. At least this guy knew what he was doing, Elliot couldn't cook since he never tried it, ut some how he wanted to try it out.

"Anyway I better go see how my grandfather is doing." Elliot waved snatching up another croissant and hurrying off.

Nathan looks at Elliot and crosses his arms as he was watching him chewing on pastries and sighs. He puts on his gloves and starts making more pastries for the customers. He closes his eyes as he stops for a few seconds, "if you weren't interesting in hearing anything why did you even bother asking?"

Nathan looks over at Elliot and shakes his head as he continues working on the pastries to make up for the ones that Elliot had eaten with his head lowered, tapping his foot while he worked.

"Alright... see you around," he waves and goes back to working, putting the freshly made pastries into the oven.

For some reason messing with that guy made things less boring for him and distracted him from what he should be doing which was studying on how to run a small business. Nathan was unlike most of the people he met in his life, he felt more human than the people who lived in the city. He didn't know one person who would go out of their way for family, and be happy doing it. Although he did feel too goody goody, Elliot smirked as he walked wondering how he could twist this kid up and see how far he could press those button.

"Maybe coming here wasn't so bad after all."

After taking the pastries out of the oven, Nathan puts them on a cooling tray and waits a few minutes for the pan to cool off before putting it into the sink. After cleaning, Nathan dries off his hands and walks towards the cooling tray to check on the pastries, picking them up and brings them to the front of the store, setting them up for the people to see and walks back into the kitchen, wiping the stove off.

• 2 weeks later...

Noon came soon and Elliot found himself upstairs in the little library nook. He helped his grandfather with some paperwork before, so he was slowly getting the hang of running this place bit by bit and whenever it was one of the coworker's break they would come looking for him and try to have meaningful conversation with him no matter how boring he thought they were. Soon he got bored and glanced at the clock seeing that closing time was nearing. He got very curious as to what the chef was doing but why did he want to know in the first place?

Putting his book away he hurry out of the library and back down to the cafe, waving to people who were leaving.

Nathan takes a few glimpses at the clock as he was on a mini break at noon. He sighs and stretches out his arms as he gets up to make more pastries for the other orders that might get ordered from the customers. He cleans off the stove and notices that it was starting to slow down. He takes off his apron, noticing one of the other employees was putting up the closing sign and goes in the back to get his hoodie.

Nathan waves to the other employees and starts walking down the sidewalk, walking home.

Elliot stopped seeing the chef just leave without saying a single word of goodbye, such rude male not telling his new boss he was checking out. So opening the door he poked his head out calling to the young man before he got to far.

"Hey! Chef boy, you didn't clock out, nor did you say anything to my grandfather or me!!" Elliot crossed his arms his head tilting to the side with a very serious look in his eyes, how long has this kid been working here? Although he shouldn't call him a kid seeing as he was only one year younger than him.

Nathan jumps when he got poked in the head and looks up at Elliot, blinking a little and rubs his head, "h-huh but it's the evening.. not all cafes stay open for this long," he pouts a little. He tilts his head to the side, "w..why did I have to say it was time to go when the cafe is closing," he puts his hands on his side, "and my name is Nathan not chef boy," he slowly brings his arms up to cross them against his chest.

• 1 month later...

"Well cafe boy, it is only polite for you to spout out to me that you are leaving at least, so that I know you aren't here. It's common courtesy that way I don't go shouting for you thinking you're still here. It's a simple gesture is all I am saying maybe you should get accustom to it for me would you?" Elliot smirked as he leaned close to the other getting to eye level with the cute little male. Why was he having so much fun messing with this guy, there were plenty of girls here, but not one was interesting him like this male was.

(I am so sorry this took me so long to reply school just got real over here, but I will try to reply more.)

Nathan looks at Elliot and sighs softly, shaking his head and bows his head, "can I go now.. I got to help my mom around the house. Your keeping me from helping her around the house and she is still recovering from giving birth so if you will excuse .. me," he blinks as Elliot was staring at him and shakes his head, "sorry got to go," he starts to run off.

(its fine)

"What a momma's boy are all guys like that here?" Elliot crossed his arms as he stared at the running body of the young chef. He himself never helped his mom out unless he was asked too, but he knew to respect her when the time came to it. That boy was willing to help his mother without thinking twice about it and Elliot found it strange in a small way. All in all he was slowly learning bout the male, pushing his glasses up on his face he waited till the body disappeared in the distance before heading back inside.