逆境と戦う:Gyakkyō to Tatakau ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~ & Sosuke0549

Sosuke0549

Looking to him as he stopped, she listens quietly to his words. He said he was fine, that she shouldn't concern herself about him, but she couldn't help but to care. That's just who she was. She began to walk next to him when he moved again, and for a moment they were silent, until Haku spoke again, saying that soon they were going to reach Holy City. She had heard about it, but never been there. She had even heard the bit about how Claymore's were not allowed to step foot in the city, it was forbidden. She listens to what he says, and nods when he tells her that she was to go with the story that they were brother and sister, the children of a sword smith, and were travelling through the city to the country. Their names were to be Zero and Yuki.

Nodding in understanding, she was a little confused as to why she had to go by a different name, the only people who really knew who she was lived in the village they had left behind, but she doesn't question his reasoning, but went with it. The story definitely went well, as for the fact that Haku had a sword with him. She just felt a little odd at the moment, as she was still wearing her nightgown, as she hadn't had the chance to change from them earlier, because they had left so soon after she had woken up from being asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He had been expecting to be reprimanded, scolded at least, but not punched in the face. He gets up from the dirt, wiping the side of his mouth free of the blood that had formed by his lip, his eyes narrow, a small smirk forming. He could feel the stares of the citizens of the town, but he was only focused on the receding back of Gaara, who was now walking away from him. Aoi was half tempted to call out to the man, to tell him just what he could do, but would Gaara listen, that was the problem here. 'Tch, to hell with this! I'll tell him, and if he doesn't listen, then so be it.'

"Oi, Gaara. There are what, eighteen of them now? There were nineteen, til I killed this one. I know where they are. You're going in the wrong direction. You'd be better of going east, not north." That was all he said, before turning around and shoving his way through the crowd, ignoring the murmurs of the people who were still standing there, wondering if Gaara would actually take his advice, or throw it away. He knew that Gaara had to be a LITTLE bit curious as to how he knew the locations of the eighteen Yoma. But if he was, Gaara would have to come ask him. He wasn't going to just hand the other male that information.

Finally breaking free of the crowd, he makes his way down a less populated street. Did Gaara actually think he'd stay there? Words to Aoi, promises, were meaningless. They meant nothing. They were pointless, empty things that people said to each other. To fool one another in thinking things mattered. He gently touches the cloth over his eye, and a scowl forms on his lips. This was the result of such a promise. It sickened him, made him want to just end it all. But he knew, that before that happened, things had to be done. The only promise he'd ever keep...was this one.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~*~FaLlEn*SnOw~*~

• Sosuke0549

Good...Amaterasu understood. Haku went threw his mission again threw his mind, realizing they would be approaching the Holy city soon he stopped next to a Bush. He couldn't have Amaterasu entering the city wearing a night gown. It would make them stick out... and Haku didn't want to draw any ones attention.

"Go change"

He said, gesturing over to the Bush as he turned his back to her. Assuming she didn't want him to see her undress. The city would be in their sites shortly. He hoped this mission wouldn't take him long and hopefully he'd find someone to take Amaterasu and give her a better, much safer life.

----------------------------------------------

Aoi gets up from the dirt, wiping the side of his mouth, removing a little blood. His eyes narrowed and his lips turned into a smirk. But Gaara was done with the confederation, walking away. He slowed his steps, stopping when he hears Aoi yell out to him.

"Oi, Gaara. There are what, eighteen of them now? There were nineteen, til I killed this one. I know where they are. You're going in the wrong direction. You'd be better of going east, not north."[/Quote]

He took a moment to try and sense the Yoma, sighing , and decided to take Aoi's advice...for now. He didn't have a reason for believing the other tho, he just went out on a whim for AoI. He began to hunt for the Yoma.

It Took the entire day and night...But he killed every last one of them. He grunted in pain, leaning his back on a tree. Gazing at the night sky. There were so many dazzling, twinkling stars...the full moon shining. He sat on the ground. Wounded from the last battle. He covered his bleeding forearm needing time to heal and rest. He tried not to think about Aoi.. He couldn't figure him out. They clearly viewed the world differently But...he didn't just want to give up on the strange claymore...

Stopping by a bush, Amaterasu looks over at Haku when he told her to go change. Apparently he too thought it would be weird for her to arrive in the city with just her night gown on, and she does what she was told, walking over to the cover of the shrubbery, and changes from the white night gown back into her kimono, making sure it was all tied up properly, before returning to his side. "All changed." She says, putting her night gown in her bag, and slipping the bag onto her back.

They began walking again, and after a little bit the Holy City was in sight. She didn't look forward to arriving, because she knew that Haku would try hard to find her someone to stay with, but to be honest...she didn't want to leave him. In the short time she'd spent with the Claymore, she'd gotten quite attached to him, and was reluctant at the thought of leaving his side. But she knew that he wanted her gone, and she wasn't going to press herself on him. So she'd do what she was told.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aoi wonders if the other took his advice, if only for a whim, but nonetheless. He eventually exists the town, not even looking back once. He walks on and on, eventually reaching a spot of trees, a small woods area. And sees, sitting against one of the trees at the edge, was a wounded Gaara. Aoi smirks, but doesn't say anything. Instead he walks past the wounded Gaara, making it quite obvious he'd seen him.

So, he finished huh? Impressive, especially since he had to find each and every one of those Yoma by himself. He walks a bit away, but stops in his steps, glancing back at Gaara, his eyes narrowing. A frown of disgust on his lips. Which soon was a sneer of resentment. What did that guy see? Was life really important to him? Why was that? Life was life, and it eventually ended. So why try so hard to protect something as fleeting as a breath of life? It made no sense to Aoi.

He stood there, his body silhouetted by the moon, his skin shining slightly by the light of the full circle in the sky. Looking back at Gaara. Wondering. Thinking. And hating. He huffed a bit, before turning around again, and walking away, a burning sense of pure hatred forming in his heart. Or the heart he thought he didn't have.

As Haku and Amaterasu drew closer to the entrance, Haku stopped for a moment, looking down at her.

"Yuki...we are about to enter..take my hand"

He gave his hand to the girl, waiting for her to take it. He needed them to appear like brother and sister, so what better way then to hold hands.

"Next."

Haku stepped up before the guard, the man frowned seeing his sword.

"State your business."

"My sister and I are passing threw. We'd also like to pay a visit the church for blessings. "

"And your sword- "

"It belonged to my father. He's a sword crafter and He gave it to me as a gift to protect myself and my little sister on our travels."

"I see...may I see it,"

"Of course. "

Haku slowly removed his sword from his back and handed it to the guard to check it thoroughly. It was easy to spot a female claymore since they all were "silvered eyed Witches. " But it was much harder to detrmen a male claymore.

"Impressive...It's almost like a Claymores sword. "

"Actually sir.. it is. My father came across it and repared it...its now our family's precious heirloom and means a lot to me."

"I see...Well We normally don't prohibit Weapons in the holy city unless you are a guard. "

"But sir--"

"However.. you seem like a well respectable young man... I'll give you a note that will allow you to carry your sword. But if you lose it, the city will take it away, "

"Thank you sir.. thank you so much. "

The man gave him a note. And returned His sword and Haku quickly put it away.

"You and your sister may enter...enjoy your stay here."

"Thank you, we will... goodbye. "

Haku continued to hold Amaterasu's precious hand in his as they walked threw the gate and entered the holy city! Which was beautiful! Everything made out of stones, rocks, and marbles and it was a very large city. Haku walked until he found an inn. He went inside. Still holding the little girls hand, it didn't take long before the two were in a nice, expensive bed room with two beds. Haku let go of Amaterasu's hand. Taking a seat on a bed.

"My mission should not take more than a couple of days, When the owners comes with our food, I need you to eat my half...alright Yuki?"

He glanced out the window. He'd only be able to travel at night...But he would have to make sure He wasn't caught. Or he'd be killed.

---------------------------------------------

Gaara's head turns as he heard foot steps. Gripping his sword incase it was a enemy, but when he realizes it's Aoi, He unclenched His weapons. Watching the other who smirked at him but he doesn't say anything, instead he walks past him. He wasn't going to help him...figures...Aoi wasn't the type...and why expect Kindness from others...it was hard for claymore's to express emotions. Aoi walks away, but stops in his steps, only to glance at him, his eyes narrowing. A frown of disgust on his lips. He truly didn't like him. That frown turning into a sneer of resentment.

He stood there, his body silhouetted by the moon light. Gaara said no words... as the other huffed a bit, turning around again, and walking away. Gaara's eyes fall from the other. He clenched his bleeding arm.. watching as tissues rebuild each other...of course Aoi wasn't going to help him.

"..F..farewell...Aoi"

He breathed. His hair falling in his eyes. As he closed his eyes resting. But not asleep.

She took his hand into her own, knowing the only reason that he wanted to do this was to help their 'image' seem more realistic as brother and sister. When they were stopped, she stoodnext to Haku quietly, gazing down at the ground, avoiding looking at the guard. The appearance of this man seemed fsmiliar, but she didn't know why, because she'd never been to this city before...or atleast she didn't remember being there.

The conversation didn't last long, and they were let through, and soon were standing in the Holy City. She looks up, glancing around, and follows Haku to an inn, where they would be staying while Haku did his mission. When they reached the room they were to stay in, she reluctantly let's go of his hand, watching him as he sat down on the bed. Nodding at his statement about meals. The woman at the front of the inn had said something quite interesting. That "Yuki" looked like a very important child who had gone missing a long time ago. That young girl would have been her age, and would have looked just like her. "What do you think she meant...by what she said?" She asks, looking over at Haku.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stopping once more in his steps, he looks back, seeing that Gaara had his eyes closed now. He turns arohnd, and silently as a shadow, moves back to Gaara, kneeling down next to him. Pulling out a piece of bandage, he reaches out,ad when he started, he stops for a moment. "Keep your eyes closed, I don't want you looking at me." He then focuses on wrapping the wound. He knew it would heal eventually,ut it would still be painful, at least a little bit.

Once he was finished, he ties it off, and stands up. Staring down at Gaara. "Don't open your eyes...Until I'm gone..." He backs away, and then turns around, taking off with the speed of a cheetah. He had no idea why he ahd just done what he did, it just hapoened, something he had done off of a whim. After he outs a few miles between the two of them, he slows down, so he was now just walking. He curls his hands into fists, and grits his teeth. "What the fuck did I just do?" He mutters to himself, feeling annoyed with himself.

Haku stood, getting a better look outside. He saw a man wearing a dark coat, hiding behind a corner. They were being followed. Of course the guard at the front must of suspected them. He'd have to be extremely careful and yet the woman at the front of the inn had said something quite interesting. That "Yuki" looked like a very important child who had gone missing a long time ago. And what's more odd, is that the young girl would have been her age, and would have looked just like her. Perhaps giving her a false name wasn't a bad idea. Haku couldn't ignore this factor. So he'd need to look into it.

"What do you think she meant...by what she said?" [/Quote]

Amaterasu asks, looking over at him. Haku's eyes fell from the window.

"I'm not sure..."

He answered the child honestly.

"Stay here- I'll return shortly. "

He needed to do some research. If Amaterasu was some important child, and the city found out she returned...they may assume he kidnapped her. And he couldn't have that. His mission just got a little more troublesome.

"And Do not open the door for anyone but me or the lady at the front.."

He warned the girl as he left the room and closed the door.

----------------------------------------------

Gaara was quite as he heard Aoi's foot steps stop... only to suddenly feel his presence right on top of him. The boy keeled down next to him. And began to bandage his wound.

"Keep your eyes closed, I don't want you looking at me."[/Quote]

Such cruel words for a person so...secretly kind. But Garra did as he was told. Once he was finished, he ties it off, and stands up. Gaara could feel the others gaze on him. What expression could be on his face right now? He couldn't help but wonder.

"Don't open your eyes...Until I'm gone..."[/Quote]

"...Very well...I can do that...and Thank you...Aoi."

And the claymore had quickly disappeared. Gaara opened his eyes glancing down at his bandaged arm. He had a swell job.

Gaara sighed. Deciding to just sit there for a few moments...and enjoy the night sky. He now understood Aoi...a little bit more.

Amaterasu nods. "Oh, okay. I just hope nothing bad happens..." She hadn't seen the person in black outside the window, but when Haku looks, she wonders what was going on. He had gotten up quickly, and was now saying he had to go do something, but he'd be back shortly. She nods, and when he instructs her to not open the door for anyone but him or the lady at the front, she nods again, settling on the bed when he leaves, holding one of the pillows to her chest.

What she knew not, was that she was in fact, that child. A child whom was very VERY important. She was the daughter of a very important person, the dead king himself. Because of what had happened, the people had to hide her, so she wouldn't get killed too, and since she was a baby, she'd grown up without even knowing who she really was. Her original name was Amaterasu Shinseina, or Sacred Sun Light. Because she had gone missing when she was a baby, it had been assumed she was dead. There were books about her in the library, and ballads and poetry written in her name. If one wanted to find something on the Royal Princess, it was quite easy to find.

In the room, she curls up on the bed, still holding onto the pillow, when she hears a knock at the door. She gets up slowly, and walks over to it. "Who...who is it?" She whispers, but gets no response. She backs away from the door, feeling her heart begin to pound in her chest. It hadn't even been twenty minutes. She hides, right as the door opened, squeezing her eyes shut, and wishing that Haku would return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He sighed, stopping in his steps, and looks up at the sky, the moon light gently kissing his skin. He lets Gaara's words echo in his memory. He had been thanked...for the first time. He sighs, closing his eyes, and lets the moon just wash over him. It was as if a weight had been lifted, he felt a little more...free... But why was that? All he had done was help Gaara with his wounds... Was that something to feel relief about? He didn't know.

Beginning to walk again, he lets his thoughts roam. From his past, being locked up, held in confinement, kept away from anybody else. The only contact he had was that of two or three people, those people he now desperately hated. One out of all of them he hated with such a fiery passion, that if possible, would burn the whole world to ashes. He clenches his fists, his teeth gritting at the thought of that man.

But then, his mind falls to Gaara. Gaara sort of reminded him of that man...but he was much different as well. Kinder, gentler. More understanding. But still, when Aoi looked at Gaara...all he could see was him. HE had acted just as Gaara did, gaining his trust, allowing Aoi to open up to him, only to have that trust be shattered like glass, tearing him apart, chewing him to pieces and spitting him out. "Not again. I won't let it happen ever again."

Haku stood near a book self in a library. A book in his hands as he slowly flipped threw the pages. And as he read this book...he discovered that Amaterasu was a very VERY important child. She was the daughter of the dead king himself. According to the book, People hid her so she wouldn't be attacked and killed and since this all happened when she was a baby, the likelihood of her knowing any of this is or the fact that she was royalty was very slim. Her full name was Amaterasu Shinseina, or Sacred Sun Light. Because she had gone missing when she was a baby, it had been assumed she was dead.

And there were many books in the library about her. Haku quickly bought the book he had read, and left the store.

Haku walked down the hall of the inn, stopping in front of His and Amaterasu's room. He frowned seeing that the door was open and a person was in the room. He clinched his sword.

"And who are you, this is my room."

He glared. His searched for Amaterasu. Wondering if this person had stolen her.

"Yuki.."

He called for the girl. Hoping that if she was hiding she's come to his side. She was safer by his side.

From the closet where she was hiding, she watches as the shadows of large feet pace back and forth. She tries to hokd her breath, not making a single sound, but she feet so scared, and could sense she was about to sneeze. However, right as she held in her muffled sneeze, a familiar voice reaches her ears. Haku had come back. He calls out to her, but she was scared, and didn't move. Only when he called again did she slowly push open the closet door, and scrambles out

She rushes over to hide behind Haku, clutching nto the back of his shirt, her whole body trembling. "I'm scared..." she whimoers, tears stinging her eyes. The man was trying to get a good look at her, and she hid her face in Haku's back. "Make him go away...please, I'm scared..." the man then steps in front of Haku, and faces him, a look of seriousness on his face. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take her with me."

He reaches around Haku quicker than one could react, and pulls Amaterasu from behind him. She cries, and when he drags her from the room, tossing her on his shoulder, her punches and kicks not doing anything to faze the man. She begins to scream, tears pouring down her face, her voice hysterical, struggling to get away as more and more distance was put between her and Haku. "Let me go! Let me go!!! I wanna go back!! LET ME GO!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!" She was then promptly knocked out, and she falls limp and silent, tears still pouring down her cheeks.

Haku's eyes met Amaterasu's eyes as she emerged from the closet door and quickly hid behind him.

She was petrified, clutching onto the back of his shirt, her whole body trembling.

"I'm scared..." [/Quote]

she whimpered, tears stinging her eyes. He looked down at her, Not really sure how to comfort her.

"Just stay behind me.."

He muttered to her, glaring at the man who was trying to look at her.

"Make him go away...please, I'm scared..." [/Quote]

Haku bit his lip. Unsure if he could fulfill her request.

"What's your business?! "

He hissed as the man stood before him. His face serious.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take her with me."[/Quote]

He glanced down at the man's shirt...spotting a shimmering badge. He was a officer....and Haku...could help Amaterasu. He couldn't draw unnecessary attention to himself.

Haku unclutches his sword as the man reached around him and pulled Amaterasu... She cries, and when he drags her from the room, Haku remains still... the man tossing her on his shoulder, she punches and kicks, screaming as tears poured down her face, her voice hysterical, struggling to get away as more and more distance separated him and her.But Haku...couldn't do anything...and hurt to hear her...He didn't move a finger to help her...

"Let me go! Let me go!!! I wanna go back!! LET ME GO!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!"[/Quote]

Her screaming suddenly stopped. It appeared that the man promptly knocked her out. Haku glanced out the window as the man took her away. Loating her into a wagon with two knights. They New....they new she was their lost princess.

"..I can't..."

He muttered to himself . He needed to focus on his mission, and yet...he couldn't help but worry....was this the life she wanted? And why...Why was she so determined to stay with him? Wouldn't she like her new life much better now?

Haku would see Amaterasu one more time...and he'd do it..later tonight to determine weather he needed to say goodbye...or save her. But he couldn't do it now...otherwise he'd be discovered...as a claymore..

By the time she woke up, she was in an unfamiliar room, laying on a large bed, wearing a flowy nightgown. She sits up, and looks around, everything she saw looked as if it were expensive, like she was in the room of a castle belonging to a princess. And she was indeed. In fact, she was in the Holy Palace, in the room she'd have stayed in if she hadn't had to be sent away to save her life from being taken. At the end of the bed, she notices a white dress was laid out for her. It was of a simple design, but it was very pretty all the same.

Getting up off the bed, she walks over to the window, and looks out, seeing she was high up. She felt her lips begin to tremble again, wanting to go back to Haku. She was so scared. Tears fell from her eyes, and she felt as if her heart was breaking. "Haku..." she murmurs, and jumps when she hears steps outside the door, her hooes rising, but then fall when she sees just a normal person walk in. "You need to put that dress on miss." The lady says. Amaterasu nods, and takes off her nightgown, and was surprised when the kady helped put her dress on.

After all was finished, and even her hair had been brushed and styled with a red rose in it, she ews guided to a large dining hall. Food was laid out out along the long table, and people loomed at her. "We're so glad you're alive, Princess!" One says. Then, in unison, they all say "Welcome back, oh royal princess of the holy city!" And before she knew it, she was sitting down, havig a feast she didn't have a clue what was for.

It was over eventually, and she sighs in relief.she retuns,to the room from before, and was now sitting on a bench on the balcony to her room. Thoughts of Haku kept forming in her mind, and once again she began to cry. Her sobs quiet, and the tears glistening n the moonlight. She wanted to be gone, she wanted to be at Haku's side. Wanted to see the beautiful Claymore she'd grown so attached to.

brunettes-green-dress-flowers-leaves-garden-long-hair-brown-eyes-plants-sitting-flower-petals-white-dress-roses-anime-girls-new-hd-wallpaper%2B%25281%2529.jpg

"....Are you not...happy Amaterasu"

Haku spoke to the girl. He was crouched down. Standing on the rail to her balcony, wearing a long black cloak. His eyes were hard to read and he was expressionless. But him being there ment he cared about Her..at least...a little. He stepped onto her balcony, still looking at her.

"Your home now..."

He wondered if the people hurt her...and yet she was wearing a new dress...her hair combed...and the scent of all types of food on her breath...She was being treated good...so why the tears? Had she grown attached to him?

She felt tired, but didn't want to sleep. When a familiar voice reaches her ears, she jumps, and looks up, jumping up when she saw who it was. "No, no, this isn't home! I want to be with you!" She goes to him, and without thinking, wraps her arms around him, hugging him, pressing her face into his chest. She began to cry again, not wanting to let go of him. "Haku...don,t let them keep me here...please!"

Amaterasu's whole body shook with sobs as she clung on to Haku, tears dripping on to his front. She had missed him so much, even though it had only been a little over a day since she'd seen him last. After a moment, she backs away a bit, whipping the tears from her cheeks. She didn't like it there, she wanted to leave. She hoped that since Haku was there, he cared about her too.

Amaterasu jumps, and looks up at him.

"No, no, this isn't home! I want to be with you!" [/Quote]

Haku watched as the little girl goes to him, and wraps her arms around him, hugging him and pressing her face into his chest. She was unhappy..? Was it true she really wanted to be with him? She'd give all this up just to be with a monster like him? She began to cry again,

"Haku...don,t let them keep me here...please!" [/Quote]

Amaterasu's whole body shook with sobs as she clung on him. He could feel her tears dripping on to his shirt. Did she really miss him?

Even if he wanted to save her...he truly couldn't.

After a moment, she backs away a bit, whipping the crystal tears from her cheeks. Haku went on one knee, so he was eye level with her.. the entire time...He hadn't comforted her once...

"Amaterasu...This is were you belong. You are still young but...now you have a duty to help your citizen's... if I were to take you with me..They would assume I kidnapped you...they'd realize I'm a claymore...And I'd be marked as a trader, only to be killed by my fellow comrades. It is not as simple as you coming with me again...And why would you want to be with me when you'd be in constant danger. I Can't give you what these people can."

He gently tucked her hair behind her ear, His finger grazing her cheek as he took one of her tears.

"Tell me why you cry when you can be given anything you desire here...why leave it all for a creature like me..."

Amaterasu looks at Haku, who had knelt down so he was eye level with her. He then speaks to her, asking why she wanted to leave with him, that she would be safe there, at the castle. That if she was with him, she'd be in danger. She shakes her head not sure how to respond. She didn't care that she'd be in danger with him, that if she left the castle she'd leave the safety behind. She wanted to be with him. She cared about this Claymore, and that's all that mattered to her.

"I don't want anything, except to stay by your side. But if I stay, and you leave, promise me...you'll come back. Because..." She reaches out to him, and like the first time she met him, touches his face, his hair, and then rests both hands on his cheeks, staring deep into his eyes. Her own still shimmering with tears. "Because...Quiet words only describe half of what I'm feeling. I don't need to speak to show what I truly mean. Please understand that. I care about you, one hundred percent."

She leans forward kissing his forehead softly, and backs away, letting her hands fall. "Please...I'll stay here, for now. But promise, in five years...then I'll be able to choose what I want. Give me five years, and I'll become stronger. Then come for me. Please promise..." In five years she'd be seventeen, so she would be able to leave if she wished. For now she'd stay, but as soon as she was seventeen...she'd leave, and search for Haku if she had to.

Amaterasu met his eyes. She had sad, tearful eyes.

"I don't want anything, except to stay by your side. But if I stay, and you leave, promise me...you'll come back. Because..."[/Quote]

She reaches out to him, and like the first time they met Amaterasu, touches his face, hair, and then cups his cheeks. She stared deep into his eyes. Since when...did he care so much for this girl.

"Because...Quiet words only describe half of what I'm feeling. I don't need to speak to show what I truly mean. Please understand that. I care about you, one hundred percent."[/Quote]

"............."

Haku's eyes widened As she leans forward kissing his forehead. What was this warm feeling? Why did he suddenly not want to let her go...

"Please...I'll stay here, for now. But promise, in five years...then I'll be able to choose what I want. Give me five years, and I'll become stronger. Then come for me. Please promise..."[/Quote]

Haku looked at the ground for a moment before slowly touching her cheek. It was odd touching another person in such a manner.

"..If I'm still alive...I'll come back...I promise.."

He slowly let his hand fall. He couldn't take Amaterasu with him, it would go against the organization, if only the citizens had never found out her true nature. He stands, No longer looking at the small girl.

"...good bye..."

He jumped from the balcony and disappeared.

It took Haku four days for him to find and kill the Yoma in the city before he had to leave before he was discovered. He tried not to think about the little girl as he grew further and further away from the holy city but... he wondered if he'd be alive. And if he'd really be able to see her again. He supposed only time would tell...Not wonder she was so different...she was spiceal...she was a princess.

------------------------------------------

Gaara sighed as he leaned against a tree, He was assigned with a group once more, this time to kill a den of Yoma that were pretending to be human villagers but all of the villagers ...were Yoma. They'd eat unsuspecting travelers and merchants. This assignment was going to be big, and needed at lest 10 Claymores. He wondered if he'd see anyone He knew.

Amaterasu sighs in relief, and nods at his response. The words he said to her helped her know that she had made the right choice, and she watches as he leaves the balcony, jumping to the ground far below. Returning inside to her chambers, she changes into her nightgown, and crawls into bed, and then falls asleep, her dreams of the day when she would see Haku once again. All the while she was sleeping, a smile was on her face. She'd get stronger. And she'd survive...And she knew Haku would too. He had to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aoi was making his way to the place he had been told about, his injuries from the last group battle having healed quite some time ago. He wondered who else would be there, but didn't think to much about it. Even though at first he'd protested, saying he hated the thought of working with others, he finally gave in, and had left for the place that very same day. Why couldn't they just pick someone else to do the job, and not him?

He reviews the details of the mission in his head as he walked, he had been told that it was a village of Yoma, pretending to be villagers. Who attacked unknowing travelers, merchants, and anyone who had the bad luck to pass by that village. It was set in a place that was near a forested area, and a river not too far away. Within about an hour of walking, the village comes into view, and so does the edge of the forest. Where, standing against a tree, was someone he recognized all too well.

Walking slowly over to the tree where Gaara was leaning against, Aoi wonders what the other would think of his presence there. Even after all this time, after all the thinking he'd done, he still hadn't figured the guy out, and knew, that probably the other had been doing the same for him. Trying to figure Aoi out, figure out what he truly was like. But like Aoi, he doubted Gaara had managed to figure anything out.

"So...looks like we're working together again..." He mumbles to the other male Claymore. He moves to another tree nearby where Gaara was, and leans his back against it, and slides to the ground, so he was sitting. He stares at the ground between his semi-parted legs, his hands and arms resting lightly on his knees. Even though he didn't show it, he was actually quite glad Gaara was there. Glad? Was that something he could feel? He glances over at Gaara, then to the ground again, and sighs softly. 'Why do I care so much about what he thinks of me?' Aoi thinks to himself, biting his lower lip, his eyes narrowing, his brows furrowing together.

Gaara's eyes were closed as heard foot steps and felt a presence he knew all to well. Was it Aoi? He opened his eyes, glancing to the side and seeing Aoi walking slowly over to him. He didn't smile...It was difficult for Claymores to smile since most loss some of their human emotions. They could always relearn the emotions, however many of them did not know it.

"So...looks like we're working together again..." [/Quote]

Gaara nods.

"It seems we're still alive..."

He gives a very faint smile, the one he's Quite famous for. Gaara watches as the other sits by a near by tree. He notices the other, biting his lower lip, his eyes narrowing, his brows furrowing together. He sighs.

"If you keep frowning..you'll get wrinkles. "

He joke, but it was pointless since Claymores don't age or get wrinkles but, still....it showed they were still human...not fully Yoma and not fully Human. They were right in between.

His eyes wondered to the forest as more Claymores arrived. A group of them stepped out of the forest, the leader a female, and all of the claymore wearing there famous uniform.

"You there- Are you here to purge this town. "

Gaara nodded.

"We both are..."

"Good, then we're all here."

Gaara counted the Claymores only counting 8 instead of 10.. 3 males (including him and Aoi) and the rest Females. His eyes widened slightly seeing someone he knew. The Girl smiled at him and Aoi.

"Hey boys~ you miss me?"

Angela was with them too!

"Excuse me...But what about the other two? Was there not suppose yo be 10."

"Both died on the way here...it's just us...now I want to quickly get the formalities out of the way. Give me your names and ranks. I'll go first, My name is Flora, rank 13, and I'll be leading this team."

"Names Angela Sparks - Rank 31"

"Nina, Rank 20"

"My name's Mark Stone, Rank 35"

The next one sighed not wanting to be here. She looked very young...younger then normal.

"Isabella...Rank 26"

"hi, I'm Lucy, nice to meet all of you, I'm Ranked 18"

The cheerful blond smiled brightly.

"I'm Jade, Rank 39"

"Clare...Rank 40"

Gaara nodded to all of them introducing himself.

"May Name is Gaara, rank 28... "

Everyone looked at Aoi, waiting for him to introduce himself. Once the formalities were out of the way Flora began to give orders.

"Alright, We'll strike at Dawn. I want Isabella and Clare at this opening of town. To the right about 4 Miles down is another opening, into the village, Aoi and Gaara, take that one, to the left will be Angela and Lucy and I, To the back Mark and Jade. As soon as the sun goes down, go inside and start killing them, we are attacking from all four sides so none of the Yoma should escape, if they do escape from your side, you go after them, however I expect you to stay close to your partner, we're not dealing with stupid Yoma here...their intelligent, try to get this done before daybreak...and one more thing. Make sure your asses are back here in this same spot tomorrow. None of you are allows to die on me...It's a Pain to dig a grave.

She Said smirking.

Now go!"

Gaara nodded Looking at Aoi.

"Well...let's go.."

Gaara began walking ahead.

Aoi ignores the comment about wrinkles, not really paying much attention until all of the other Claymore had shown up to the spot where they were sitting at by the trees. He recognizes one, and she recognized them as well it seemed. She was way too cheery to him, that he narrows his eyes at her. They all stand in a circle, and introduce themselves, and like the last mission, Aoi was the last to reply, all eyes on him.

"Aoi. Rank 30."

After he had introduced himself, his voice blank of any emotion, the details of how the mission would be carried out was told. So, he was to be partnered with Gaara... He glances over at the male, the look on Aoi's face unreadable. When Flora was finished talking, the two walk off, Gaara a few steps ahead, and Aoi slightly behind. He wasn't sure how this would turn out, but he believed in his skills, as well as Gaara's, knowing at least they'd survive this ordeal.

For a few minutes they just walked in silence, Aoi trying to gather his thoughts. After a while he speaks up, his voice like before, unemotional. "So...what do you think? Do you think we'll all make it, or will some die?" He asks, picking up his pace so he was walking side by side with Gaara. He glances at the other with his one visible eye, and waits for a response, a small frown on his lips.

For a few minutes Gaara and Aoi walked in silence, After a while Aoi speaks up, his voice unemotional.

"So...what do you think? Do you think we'll all make it, or will some die?" [/Quote]

Gaara paused hearing the others words. Looking at him as they now walked side by side. Gaara sighs, looking at the ground.

"I don't know...but I hope we all make it..I don't like seeing my comrades die.."

He answers honestly as they walked.

"What do you think..."

He questioned.

He hears what Gaara had to say in response to his question, then thinks a bit of what Gaara had asked in return. For a moment he says nothing, his expression blank, his eyes staring straight ahead. He glances up at the dimming sky, then down again, looking over at Gaara. "I don't know really either...But I feel one or two might die. I hope, for your sake of not wanting you comrades deaths, that they don't fumble and fail, ending up getting killed." He sounded harsh, but there was something new in the way he had spoken. Some emotion that hadn't been there before. But he didn't really know what it was.

However, the way he spoke was definitely different. Without him even realizing it, Aoi was changing. For the better, who knew? But it was definitely a start. Because normally he didn't care one bit about how another felt for things, and yet, here he was, hoping that Gaara got what he wanted, which was for none of his friends to die.

"I don't know really either...But I feel one or two might die. I hope, for your sake of not wanting you comrades deaths, that they don't fumble and fail, ending up getting killed."[/Quote]

Gaara looked at the ground...taking notice in the boys slight change , He still sounded harsh, but there was something new in the way he had spoken. There was some emotion that hadn't been there before. And...Gaara didn't think it was a bad thing. Claymores had emotions...They still...had a right to feel...happy...right?

Gaara gave the other that very faint smile. The one he's so famous from.

"Thank you..."

He stopped as they reached the entrance to the village, the sun setting. Gaara slowly removed his sword.

"As soon as the sun sets...we go.."

He looked at the other.

"Are you ready.."

He asked. His eyes changing into a Yoma's those scary goldish eyes with black slits.

"I can...already sense them.."

He looked to the village.

"There's...so many.."

Eventually reaching the entrance to the village, the two glance at each other, blue eye clashing with grey ones. As Gaara removed his sword, Aoi does the same, taking his unique blades into his hands. Gaara then states the obvious, and after that asks Aoi a question. If he was ready. Aoi nods. Of course he was ready. Killing these things were the only way he was able to vent his anger and not get into trouble for it.

His eyes change as well, cat like and slitted, but instead of gold, his eyes were blood red. He too could sense the Yo a, and like Gaara had said, there were many of them. But Aoi wasn't afraid. In fact, he was excited, he had gone too long without a fight, so he had a lot of vent up fury deep inside of him he needed to release, or else he thought he might explode.

Glancing over at Gaara for a moment, he then reaches up to remove the bandages that were wrapped around his eye, so now both his eyes were visible, the marked one, and his usual eye. Rolling up the bandage, he slips it into his pants waist band. Gaara had already seen his eyes, so he partially didn't care if the other saw it. The reason he had taken off the bandage, was because the eye could locate each and every one of the Yoma. With it covered, he coukd not do that, he could only sense them. His eye glowed slightly in the dim light, giving his face an ethereal glow.

Garra didn't pay Much mind to the other removing his eye patch. Did he remove it only when he was fighting? Or had he trust him because he had already seen it? Either way, He didn't have time to ponder. His eyes watched as the sun slowly disappeared. Inch by inch... and as soon as the last Ray of sunshine vanished. He ran into the village. Knowing Aoi was right behind him.

Right before their eyes was a large group of Yoma's feeding on a corpse. They all turned sensing and glaring at them. They all smiled wanting to kill, and perhaps eat them.

"CLAYMORE'S!! KILL THEM!!"

In minutes the village had become a bloody battle field. Gaara's sword sliced threw a few of the Yoma- decapitating them. Purple blood spattered all over his perfect body. His eyes cold.

"Aoi! I'm going on ahead, you handle the rest! "

He yelled to his partner, He was gone in a instant. Knowing and trusting that Aoi could hopefully handle the rest.

It was dawn, and soon enough the killing began. It didn't take long for the Yoma to realize who they were, and came after them, though it was obvious they were no match for Gaara or Aoi. Left and right, blood flew, but it was the Yoma's blood, not their own. Aoi hears as Gaara yells to him, saying that he was going on ahead, and to take care of the rest. He didn't reply, but continued his slicing with his two daggers, moving too quickly for any of the Yoma to even be able to counterattack, or even touch him.

It was all too easy for someone like Aoi. Within a matter of ten minutes, he had all of the Yoma in that area down and killed, and with his fast steps, he follows in the direction that Gaara had taken, taking out any of the enemy that tried to stop him in his path. So far he hadn't lost control, he feared that he would. Since the last battle he was in only contained one enemy, he'd been able to keep control easier, but if this kept up for very much longer...he feared something terrible would happen.

There was a reason why he was kept away from others when he was younger. There was a reason why the organization hesitated in making him a Claymore. And there was a reason why he preferred being alone, keeping to himself, and not being near others. He feared what he was, and what he could become if he lost control of himself. That power alone could destroy an entire city. But for now, he was doing okay, because he was pushing himself to keep on his guard if he felt anything different. Catching up with Gaara, he jumps into help the other male fight, the Yoma just kept coming.