Suspicious popups about "out of date software"

Kurai Hoshi

Since the works on the forums i constantly get annoying popups about "updating JAVA", "updating Browser", "updating Flashplayer".

Those are all up to date so I am kinda really nervous about these things (I haven't downloaded anything so far and I for sure won't) still it sucks since the actual window closes, the "prompt to update" opens and I have to try again to get where I want (sometimes more than three times in a row - at least till I was able to write this now!)

Anyone else has this? Before the works I didn't have any problems at all.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Key

• Kurai Hoshi

• BlueNeon

• M1st3rSk3l3t0n

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

It might be some of the ads serving those popups. If anyone else encounters those issues, please post here, as I haven't been announced by anyone so far.

Also, please take a print screen when that happens so I can forward it to the ads company for a check.

well talking about "happen again"... just needed another 3 starts to post... but at least I could take screen caps...

The page just reloads out of nothing and this shows up... you can't navigate anywhere else instead of clicking this "OK"-Button (or close and reopen the browser)

It happens on almost every page... right now it happened on the start page of the forum, yesterday it was when I wanted to answer this thread through Quick Reply. So kinda everywhere.

Can you please try accessing YO from a different browser? Maybe you have some weird extension on the current browser you're using that causes those popups to appear. No one else reported this problem

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same on my phone!

Plus they seam to follow me in every other page...

But I had them here the first time!

The add pops up with a system warning-type window that cant be closed and redirects me to a site called yepwin...

actually, this happens on mobile too. I get a different pop up... which when I try to do something, either link me a new tab saying my phone is running low on speed and more stuff or redirects me to google play. It happened with UC browser, idk with the rest >_> umm.. I don't really use phone so I don't know much T^T

@

So, lately you haven't encountered that issue?

@

Do you happen to know on what page did it appear? Also did it appear each time you accessed a specific page, or just randomly?

Hello

.. i actually have the same problem. I only use mobile and tablet pc. I just keep my account log in. So the pop ups that redirect me to google play usually happens whenever i visit YO. I keep reloading but it just redirect me to google play. To be fair, this does not happen all the time. Though when it does, i usually can't access YO unless i open the link, or try to log out and come again. It usually just my home page and not on the forums. But when i tried to visit the- read manga section, the same problem occurs.

Here is a sample of the pop up.

359lnys.jpg

Thank you, and thanks for all your hard work :)

Same problem ^^" but mine is automatically redirecting me to an app called 'Brave frontier' . also some pop ups about attempting to download multiple file.

It happens on my profile page.. And the photography contest thread. I haven't browsing much though ^^" so i can't say if this occurs exclusively on this threads.

Print screens

2l4092.jpg

bi2s78.jpg

Thanks

First image on HTC mobile browser yesterday evening when entering forum on main page:

kd24p0.jpg

Second picture just now when trying to answer to this thread the page changed into following:

sne7tk.png

, I don't think that issue has something to do with one's country. I noticed that if I only use YO on mobile, nothing happens, but if I go on another page, then come back to YO, that message appears:

2j1wjgp.png

It has to do with countries, because the ads are geo-targeted. So far, except you, all the complaints came either from Germany or the Philippines. One of the ads targeting the 2 countries (possibly some other countries as well) is at fault.

So far, except you, all the complaints came either from Germany or the Philippines.

Except me? Now I feel bad enough for coming across to an error I wasn't supposed to come across. xD

Well, you are the only one so far who reported encountering the issue from a different country than Germany or the Philippines. I appreciate you reported it, so we can look into it further.