Does it come as a surprise

That I dance like I've got diamonds

At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history's shame

I rise

Up from a past that's rooted in pain

I rise

I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,

Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear

I rise

Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear

I rise

Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,

I am the dream and the hope of the slave.

I rise

I rise

I rise.

- Maya Angelou -

~

- Character Sheet -

#1 - Master -

2j5kk6o.png

#2 - Slave -

jfb781.png

~

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jo_suzaku

• ChibiMonkey

Footsteps clicked against the marble floors of the hallways, seeking retreat from the following group of chasing steps after him. His footsteps were light and swift, agile in turning the corners of the mansion as he made his way towards the exit. There was no way he was going to take this shit anymore. He was getting his way out, even if he had to force it.

Chiaki Okoto had been waiting for this opportune moment. To escape from his master, where he was possessed and owned as an item, belonging to someone. He hated it. And so ever since he'd been bought by the other, he had struggled to seek ways to escape, planning it. Currently, his master was away on a business trip - too important to even take the slave of his along to entertain him for. So, with the absence of the man to give orders, Chiaki was on the run, now only having to worry about the guards.

He heard them calling, yelling after him to stop. But being much thinner and lighter than him, he did well to avoid their advances and grabs towards him. He continued to run, making his escape out of the mansion and down through the streets of the city. He glanced behind him, seeing if the guards where there, cursing, seeing and still hearing them. In the split moment he had looked behind him though, he'd run into someone. He gasped, stumbling a bit and struggling to keep from falling "S-sorry! Excuse me-" he spoke quickly as he barely spared a glance up at the stranger, only catching a glimpse of red hair and a golden flash of eyes before Chiaki had moved past him and continued running upon hearing the closing in of the heavy footsteps behind him.

Pale blue eyes darted before him, keeping track of those people, seeing most parted the way for the running of men, not wishing to be fought up in the chase and trampled over. Chiaki grit his teeth, making a quick turn into an abandoned building. He ran up the stairs, stopping at a floor and panting, catching his breath. Finally, he thought. They couldn't possibly have seen him come in here. But then he heard it.

"Hey- He's up there!" a familiar voice of one of the guards called.

Chiaki cursed, letting out a labored breath before continuing running up another floor, reaching the second. He further continued onto the stairs that led to the roof of the building. He glanced around desperately for something, keeping his distance and standing on the edge of the building. He glanced around, panicked, looking below at the ground, side to side, and the building across the small alley way between the walls of the parallel buildings. Maybe he could make it. He was agile enough it was conceivable.

Biting his lip, he took a few steps back, before exhaling deeply and charging off the edge of the building. He gasped out and coughed as he hardly caught the edge of the roof of the other building. He grunted, pained as he clutched onto the edge. It didn't take long though, for his exhausted body to give out his hold from his fingers, and he fell down to the darkened ground of the alley-way, hitting the side escape stairs on the side of the building on his way down. He grunted trying to catch himself, and though the stairs broke his fall to the ground so he didn't break any bones, he hit his head rather hard, especially when his slave collar had snagged on something and caused his head to jerk back with a final impact on the ground before he blacked out.

Tokiya groaned as he made his way to the shop, inwardly letting out a string of profanities. Why was he such an idiot? He should have kept a stand-by pack of cigarettes in case he ran out. Now he had to drag his lazy ass all the way down to the store in order buy more smokes. He pulled up his hood and dug his hands deeper into his pockets. This time, he'd make sure he bought extra. Funnily, he always seemed to run out of cigarettes, no matter how many he bought. He chuckled darkly as he remembered his earlier phone conversation. It was more of a one sided conversation, all he could do was just listen.

“I hope you've quit smoking.”

“...”

“You HAVE?”

“...”

“YOU HAVEN'T?!”

“Tomo-”

“I told you to quit, didn't I?

“But yo-”

“No 'but's and 'if's.”

“...”

“If I hear you've been smoking -”

“Tomoyo-”

“No, you listen to me Mister.”

“...”

“If I hear you've laid your hands on another pack of cigarettes...”

He gulped.

“...I'm coming there personally and kicking your ass. You got that?”

“Er-”

“Good bye Tokiya.”

He disconnected the phone call, ears still ringing with his sister's threats. Silly bossy woman. Ever since she got to know of his unhealthy habit, she kept calling him up randomly and yelling at him. He smirked. There was no way she could actually carry out those threats though. She was half way across the country. His mind was still dwelling on his sister's words when he suddenly felt the wind knocked out of him. All he caught was a whirl of blue, the words almost barely audible.

“S-sorry! Excuse me-"

And he was gone. Tokiya swayed a little and tried to regain his balance. His eyes widened again when a group of men ran past him, one of them elbowing him out of the way. What the fuck? He hated anyone getting in his way. He turned around and realized that he had just witnessed a chase. So that meant the person who had bumped into him first was either in some kind of trouble or had caused the trouble. Tokiya's eyes lit up. Oh how he loved a chase. He sped after the men and also kept an eye out. He had a feeling the blue-haired person would take one of the by-lanes and he was right. A minute later, he found himself following two men who had turned down a road which lead to an abandoned building. He watched silently as the guards entered the building, catching his breath in the mean time. His eyes studied the building. He almost had a heart failure when he saw a thin figure standing at the edge of the roof.

What the FUCK?

He ran around the building and found himself in a small alley-way. But it was too late. In those few seconds that it took him to reach the lane, the crazy person had tried to jump across and had fallen to the ground with a sickening crack. He ran towards the sprawled out figure and gasped at what he saw.

Thin, frail and with the most shocking blue hair, the man in front of him was too beautiful to be male. Tokiya checked his pulse and sighed in relief. Looks like he just hit his head and blacked out. But Tokiya didn't have much time. He was sure the men chasing would come back down and enter the alley-way. And he wasn't really in the mood to have a confrontation with them. They looked pretty menacing. He did the only thing he could think of. He gently carried the man in his arms and walked over to the next building, finding a small hiding place. He put the unconscious man down and sat next to him, waiting quietly. As he stared at the man, he noticed he was wearing a collar. He gasped. Suddenly he heard the men come down the alley-way shouting to each other saying they thought they saw the “slave” fall here. Tokiya held his breath. The men was closing in. But they got a call from another person and dashed out of the alley-way quickly. Tokiya sighed. looking at the pretty man.

What the hell was he going to do?

Before the blue haired male could do anything about it, he was falling to the ground in a rather painful collision of a fall. He was able to break his fall by the other metal side fire escape staircases on the side of the hold buildings, but all they did was prolong and break his fall a bit. He'd certainly have some bruises when he awoke - though, that would only add to the amount of already existing bruises and injuries on his body. When he finally did his the ground, he grunted as he felt his head snap back against the concrete pavement of the ground in the alleyway. Groaning, his bright blue eyes fluttered before he quickly blacked out, leaving him victim to his captors.

The blue haired runaway was out for a good long while. He was unaware of anything going on, of if the men chasing him had caught him, if he was brought back to his masters home. He was sure the men were looking hard for him. Chiaki was one of the masters favorite slaves - mainly because of his unusual beautiful blue hair, and eyes that seemed to glow. Chiaki really was one of a kind beautiful, especially for a male. Yet, at the same time, it didn't make him girly. He was very clearly male - and when he was awake, his fiery attitude proved that further. But it was his looks that seemed to entrance his master almost magically. So, if his master came back from his work trip, only to find his favored slave had runaway, the guard would surely receive hell for it, and certainly some cruel punishment. And none of them wanted that. They would look long and hard for their escaped slave, if not to please their boss, then to save their own asses.

As the slave body was picked up and carried out of view from the darkened and lone alley, the boy himself was completely unaware of the movement. His brain was out cold, having hit his head rather hard. A small bit of blood dampened the back of his head, staining his blue hair in a dark, warm red liquid. It would probably cause immense pain, and an overwhelming headache were the male actually conscious to feel the throbbing in his head from the wound. It must have been from the fall, the small crack of a sound on the impact of when the boy had collided to the ground with a thud.

And he must have caused quiet a lot of noise on his fall down. He had collided multiple times into the old rusted stairs, which caused a lot of loud rattling and banking, as well as the males grunts and yelps of pain himself. So the men chasing aver him were rushing through that alleyway, and all the nearby ones now.

One cursed as the arrived at the bottom of the building, the alley where he should have fallen "I swear I heard him here. He couldn't possibly be okay with a fall like that" one man huffed as he looked at the ground for any traces of where the blue haired male could have gone. He noticed a fresh spot of blood on the ground, and looked up, seeing it was right in the same area from where he saw the male jump off from the building "He'd bleeding! Look around, he couldn't have gotten far!" the gruff voice ordered before the rhythmic pounding of footsteps running continued, slowly growing faint and fainter from the location of where the redhead and bluenette were until they were gone completely, leaving the two in silence.

The male in question being looked for, meanwhile, was still out cold with his head bleeding from the split in the skin when impacting with the concrete. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be very safe to take the boy to a hospital. Being brought in, he would instantly be recognized as a slave. And the collar he wore signified who he belonged to. So once he was checked into a hospital, the doctors would be required to contact who he belonged to. After all, no one wanted to be caught hiding a runaway slave, and keeping one that wasn't theirs to belong to.

Tokiya jerked his head and awoke with a start. The light was blinding and hit him square in the eyes. He rubbed his eyes and looked around disoriented. The body on the ground next to him brought him back to reality.

FUCK!

He had fallen asleep in the alley-way, the blue-haired man lying down beside him. He examined the man carefully. He had a few bruises here and there but the one to his head seemed most severe. He felt his pulse again. It was normal but the man was still out cold. He couldn't possibly take him to the hospital. That was out of question. He sighed and rubbed his eyes again. Tokiya had taken up a course which was supposed to make a doctor of him, a surgeon to be more precise. But he loathed it. He left in the middle to pursue something else that he loved. He stood and scooped up the slave in his arms. He walked back down the alley-way and took another road back to his house. The streets were quiet. It was really early in the morning. Tokiya was glad. He didn't want to be found walking around with a man in his arms.

He reached his destination and placed the man gently on his bed. He looked down at the blue-haired man, his face flushed. The man was gorgeous. He gently undid the slave collar and lightly traced the marks that were left behind with the tips of his fingers. He got up and ran the water for a hot bath. He also got his first aid kit and some water in a basin. He cleaned up the head wound. Luckily the man didn't need stitches. He also dressed the other wounds on his hands and legs. He groaned. The man needed to be bathed. Slowly he removed the others clothes, getting more and more tuned on by the pale body and smooth skin. But there were blue and black marks that decorated his body. Tokiya felt a deep hatred. Who in their right mind would do something so dreadful to such a beautiful creature?

He lifted the man and took him to the bathroom. Carefully he bathed and cleaned the man. Luckily he was still out cold, or was he sleeping due to exertion? Tokiya couldn't tell. He dried the man and clothed him in a white bath robe. He again picked him up and placed him on his bed, settling down next to him in a chair besides the bed and watched the rising and falling of the blue-haired man's chest as he took slow deep breaths. Tokiya was entranced by the man. He could not fathom why. Maybe it was his striking blue hair or his pale smooth skin or his amazingly sexy body. The red-haired man blushed and looked away. Had he fallen in love with the slave? And what was he going to do now? He got up and went to the hall, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He could damn well do with a smoke now. He reached for his pocket but stopped mid-way.

Uh-oh.

He had gone out to buy cigarettes in the first place but landed up coming home with an unconscious slave. WHAT! He shook his head and walked to the kitchen. He couldn't leave to get smokes now. So he did the next best thing. Opening a shelf, he picked up a bottle of sake. Uncorking it, he took a swig directly from the bottle and walked back to the bedroom. The man was still out, eyes shut and face glowing. Tokiya felt a strange jolt at the bottom of his stomach. Damn. He walked back out of the room and flopped down on the couch. His fingers itched for a smoke. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Oh well, at least he had a bottle of sake to distract him.

By the time the sun started to stretch over the horizon, the male was still unconscious on the ground where they were in the dark corner of the alleyway. At some point, his state of being knocked out had turned more into just a state of sleeping. After all, with the chase he had experienced, he was exhausted, added to the fact that at the household he served, he was unable to get a decent night of sleep. It was either he was being called by the master to join him in the night, or, if he had a night to his bed in his slave quarters, he would be restless when sleeping.

So even as the other had picked him up and hurried off to his home, Chiaki was still unaware to his situation. He shifted a bit in his sleep as he was carried, but hardly, and continued his slumber for the time being. Since he was no longer actually unconscious or anything like that, he was more aware of his surroundings. Now simply sleeping off the pain and exhaustion, he was more easily to wake by touch, movement and noise.

At some point, in his still a dull throbbing from his head could be felt even in his sleep. He shifted, groaning slightly when the other had started to clean away the wound on his head and tend to it. His face scrunched in pain slightly, but it soon relaxed as the other had finished and he returned to his dreamless sleep once more. He let out a sigh in his sleep, his body slightly tense when it was cleaned from the wounds. And once in the bath, his body relaxed by the warmth of the water.

Laying in the bath, stripped of his clothes, his body revealed various bruises and scars marring all along his body, limb to limb, and head to toe. There were then burn marks lining his wrists - probably to expect from rope bounds around them and his wrists tugging and pulling against the rope, causing small rope burns. His ankles bore the same sort of marks, and a lot of scars were gathered around his thighs and torso.

About an hour or so later after he had been cleaned and dressed in a robe to rest on the bed, the boy started to move, and wake up. He shifted slightly in his sleep, before his eyes fluttered open to reveal his clear light blue eyes. He blinked a couple times, slowly trying to sit up before groaning in pain, wincing as he put a hand to his throbbing head, and then his body felt like it was stiff as stone, it was so sore. He glanced down at himself, seeing he was in a robe, and frowned a bit. How did he get here? Where was here? He sighed to himself as he carefully got up from the bed, hand still lightly on his head as he walked out of the room, looking around.

Eventually, he found another male lounging on a couch. He watched him for a moment from behind before speaking up "ah....h-hello....." he murmured in a soft call. He couldn't talk to loud, because he felt his head would split if he did so. He watched the redhead react to him speaking up, and studied his face. Who was this man? He frowned a bit, as he realized he couldn't remember if he knew him. He couldn't remember anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Tokiya was slightly buzzed. He laid back on the couch and closed his eyes, trying to think of a rational explanation as to why he helped the slave. After all, the man was chased and had looked very distressed. But a part of him reminded him that he had no business to keep the slave in his house. He tried to reason by justifying that it was the only thing he could have done at that moment. As he was engaged in this internal conflict, he failed to notice that the slave was awake and watching him intently from behind. It was only when he tried to speak, that Tokiya realized he was being observed.

"Ah....h-hello....."

Tokiya turned around quickly. A bit too quickly, as the bottle slipped from his hands and went crashing to the ground, making him jump a little. “Damn, that was the last bottle” he muttered looking down at the bottle, before staring back at the man who had just wandered into his living room.

As his firey eyes met the other's cool blue ones, Tokiya again felt that strange sensation at the bottom of his stomach. He sighed, flopped back down on the couch and closed his eyes. “Hello.” It was better talking to the slave this way. He waited for a little while but there was no reply. He turned around slowly and peeked at the blue-haired man. His beautiful features were drawn into a slight frown. It was as if he was trying to remember something.

Tokiya sighed again and got his butt off the couch. He needed to start acting like the ever gracious host that he was supposed to be. Unfortunately, it had been quite a while since he last had visitors. He tried to smile at the guest but all he managed to do was look like he had a terrible toothache. Shaking his head slightly, he looked back at the man. “How do you feel? Your head got hit really hard back there. Lucky you didn't need stitches.”

Silence. Or did he murmur something so softly that the redhead wasn't able to catch. It was Tokiya's chance to frown. What was the blue-eyed man thinking? Was he in pain? Why was he talking so softly? Argh, he had so many questions he wanted to ask. He wanted to know the other man. He wanted to touch him and hurt him. He wanted to whip the other man. He wanted to tie him up and beat him. He wanted to make the other man his own.

Tokiya blinked. What the hell was he thinking? Surely the man had gone through enough. The scars and marks that decorated his body were enough to tell anyone that he hadn't lived an easy life. Tokiya felt slightly ashamed. The slave must have been tortured and here, he was thinking of hurting him more. Looking down slightly embarrassed, the redhead waited for the blue-haired man to say something.

Having wandered through the home until he fell upon a redheaded male, Chiaki didn't know what to do with himself. He stared at the male, trying to figure out if he had seen or met him before, or if he knew him. He felt terrible that he couldn't remember anything. What about himself....what had he been doing? He couldn't remember the last thing he'd been doing. He knew his name was Chiro...no...no that wasn't it. What was it...Chizuro....no, that was a females name. Chiaki....Chiaki was his name. He felt this fearful panic jolt through his heart. He could hardly remember his name...he knew nothing else about himself or anyone. This man on the couch could be his lover for all he knew. He hoped not...only because he'd feel terrible if that was the case, and he couldn't remember him.

When Chiaki had spoken up to the other finally, he looked into his fiery red eyes, watching him, trying to gage his reaction. He watched the male seem to hardly pay attention to him at first. So...normality? He wasn't alarmed or surprised by him being there, acted like it was a normal thing....perhaps he did know the male? Did he live in this place, maybe? He frowned when the redhead only said hello, then proceeded to ignore him. He hoped to talk more, perhaps understand more about this situation, or who he was, to begin with, where he was.

He watched as the male soon stood and approached him slightly. He felt nervous under the others piercing red gaze, as if the male could see right through him. He gulped a bit, looking up at him, before he was asking about his head. He blinked a bit "my...head...?" he murmured to himself, reaching a hand up to touch the back of his head, before wincing slightly in pain as he felt the bandages around his head, it being then he finally noticed them "oh..." he murmured in thought. He hit his head, sustaining a head injury. Perhaps thats why he couldn't remember anything? He looked back up at the other with a frown "Back there...?" he asked, wondering where 'there' was in the others context.

The redhead didn't seem nervous or awkward being around him at all really. Maybe a bit awkward about something on his mind, but...it didn't seem like the man had no idea who he was. After all, they were in the same house together. This made Chiaki feel guilty for not remembering who the other was. He sighed, eyes falling to the ground "I sincerely apologize....I cannot seem to remember anything...only that my name is Chiaki. I do not remember who you are....I don't remember anything" he said with a frown as he looked back up at the other.

He watched the others reaction, trying to see how he reacted to his words. If the man was a friend of his, surely he'd be upset by his loss of memory of him, no? "I'm sorry, I wish I could remember. Surely you must be someone important to me if I am staying in the same house as your..but my head just hurts so much..." he mumbled to himself partly.