Family (Pigeon x

Kotorichan

"Okay. Good night..." Silently opening the bedroom door, Drew went in and climbed under the covers next to his son. The boy was in the exact same pose as when he'd left, and the man wrapped his arm protectively around the small body and closed his eyes.

The next morning Drew woke up to the feeling of Alec trying to worm his way out of his father's arms. The man smiled and suddenly tightened his hold, causing the boy to let out a startled yelp. Not being able to resist, Drew chuckled which was received with a scowl from the four-year-old. "Not funny. I don't wanna sleep anymore." The man let go of his prey and sat up. "Okay, okay. We can get up." Then he put a finger on his mouth. "But we have to be quiet so we don't wake up Ryan if he's still asleep." Giving his father a nod, Alec slid out of bed and started to sneak to the bedroom door in the exaggerated manner of children. Drew soon followed in a more normal way and opened the door. On the way to the bathroom, he glanced in the direction of the couch to see if Ryan was still sleeping.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• meluvcookies

Ryan was still half asleep, he had lost his shirt at some point during the night and was wrapped up in his blankets like a burrito. He groggily looked up at Drew as he walked by before closing his eyes again. "Morning..." He mumbled. He had never been a morning person, which was why he tried to avoid working in the mornings.

Hearing the mumbled greeting, Drew smiled and returned it softly, while Alec stopped sneaking and decided to run the rest of the way to the bathroom. The man shook his head and followed the energetic boy. The next twenty minutes were spent doing things like brushing teeth and trying to get the reluctant four-year-old to change his clothes. If Ryan hadn't been awake earlier, that would have been sure to wake him up. It was hard to sleep through a little boy squealing while running right past their bed.

When their morning routine was finally nearly done, Drew ushered Alec to a kitchen chair, where the boy sat while swinging his feet. "Ryan? You wouldn't happen to have cereal or something?" Drew asked hesitantly.

Ryan had managed to get out of bed and out on a shirt. He yawned loudly and nodded in response to Drew's question. "yeah... I'll get it..." He mumbled before walking to the kitchen. He got out the milk and some cereal and then started to make coffee. "Did you two sleep okay?"

Drew poured some cereal and milk for Alec, and the boy started eating after chirping a yeah. Drew smiled and answered the same way, though in a softer voice, while taking a similar portion of breakfast for himself as he'd given to the four-year-old. Then he turned to look at Ryan with a questioning expression while showing him the package of cereal. "How about you? And would you like some of this?"

"I'm okay, I feel sick to my stomach I'd I eat anything right after I wake up... I usually just have cerial as a snack" Ryan said as he poured himself a cup of coffee. "Do you want some coffee Drew? I'm guessing that Alec doesn't want any" he gave the little boy a sleepy smile and took a sip of the dark liquid.

Drew put down the box and took his breakfast to the kitchen table. "No, thanks." Alec on the other hand pointed Ryan with his spoon accusingly and swallowed his mouthful before protesting. "I want it! Don't decide things for me!" His father turned to look at the boy sceptically. "You never liked coffee, Alec..." The boy frowned and slammed the table with his free hand. "I want coffee!"

"Alright, alright, I'll make you a special coffee... You don't want to drink old man coffee like me do you?" Ryan gave Drew a reassuring smile before setting to work. He filled a mug with milk before heating it up in the microwave. While he waited he dug an old espresso machine out of his cupboard. He steamed the warm milk and added a small spoonful of sugar and just a couple drops of coffee, not enough to even change the color. He then set the mug of 'coffee' in front of Alec. "There you go, that's a fancy coffee"

Alec looked confused. "There's different coffee?" Drew smiled as he saw what his lover was up to and explained his son that there were many types, and promised to show him a list the next time they went to a café. When the mug was set on the table, Alec took it with both hands and blew to cool it down a little. Drew watched with a smile on his face as the boy, despite his big words, very cautiously took a sip. The taste wasn't bitter like he'd expected, and Alec's eyes sparkled with delight as he started to happily drink his 'special coffee'. Drew chuckled. "What were you supposed to say again when you're given something?" The four-year-old lowered the mug and licked his milky lips. "Thanks!" Then he continued drinking his beverage.

"You're welcome" Ryan said with a smile as he sat down next to Drew. "So, do you two have any plans today? I'm gonna have work from 3 to 9, so if you're gonna go out during that time I'll have to gibe you some cash and a spare key..." He lightly ran his fingers over his chin, making a mental note to shave before going to workm

"I was thinking we could go to a park to play for a while." Drew turned to look at Ryan while Alec let out an excited whoop. "And I guess getting some groceries, unless you'd like to come with us before work?" Seeing the little boy was done with breakfast, Drew finished his own cereal before taking both of their dishes to the sink and rinsing them.

"I'd love to go with you guys" Ryan said brightly. "Is that okay with you Alec?" He asked, turning to he boy. He wanted to make sure that the child wouldn't be upset by his presence. He felt like it was extremely important to make sure that Alec was comfortable. Ryan didn't want to rush anything.

The boy jumped off his chair. "Yeah! Hurry up!" Then he started skipping towards the front door singing a made up song about going to play in the park. Drew chuckled and dried his hands to a kitchen towel after he was done with rinsing the dishes. "Alec, did you even hear anything I said after the word 'park'?" Following the four-year-old out of the kitchen, he found him near the entrance in the middle of putting on his shoes. The man crouched down to the child's level and explained. "I meant that we would go buy some food and such with Ryan first, then later when he has to go to work, we could go to the park to play. Okay?" The boy looked really disappointed and Drew couldn't help but sigh and relent. Just a little bit. "Then how about getting the groceries, quickly bringing them here and then going straight to the park?" Alec's expression brightened instantly and he chirped a happy okay.

Ryan chuckled softly and stood up. He followed Alec and Drew out to the living room, grabbing a spare set of keys as well as he own things. "There's a really nice park nearby, I'll show you where it is" he told Drew. A thought suddenly occurred to the man. "Hey, is Alec in school yet? You might have to look into what's in the area because I have no idea..."

Drew smiled gratefully when Ryan said he'd show where the park was. I t would save them the time to look for it. Then school came up and the man's eyes flashed with unease before going back to their usual expression. "No, not yet. But if- when, I find work he'll need to go to a kindergarten. Do you have a computer? I could search using the internet..."

He put on his own shoes and made sure the boy had his in the right feet. "Put on your hoodie, Alec. It might be chilly outside this early." The four-year-old did that without protesting and then turned to stare at the two adults, who were not wearing hoodies, expectantly.

Ryan glanced at Drew and grabbed two of his sweatshirts from the closet. He handed one to Drew with a smile. "Be a good role model" he chided as he pulled the other one on. "Thanks for reminding us Alec, your daddy could have gotten sick" he told the child brightly. The man grabbed his boyfriend's hand and pulled him towards the door. "Alright, let's go"

Drew blushed. He was being chided by Ryan to be a better role model, even though he'd been parenting for years where his boyfriend had started yesterday. Well, kind of. Anyway, he was a little glad the other man was interested in raising Alec properly, even though he didn't know the boy was his too.

Smiling, Drew took the four-year-old's hand in his free one and chuckled. He was a little surprised Alec didn't try to shake it off, but the mystery was solved two steps later when the boy started making train noises while the three of them still held hands and walked single file to get out of the door. Drew loved it how Alec had such an active imagination as to turn a shopping trip into a game like this. It made him grin playfully.

Ryan chuckled softly and followed after Alec and Drew. He gave his boyfriend's hand a light squeeze. "Are you gonna lead the way Alec?" He asked the child with a smile. It was so nice to spend time with Drew after so long, and Alec really was adorable... He really wished that Alec trusted him more, he kind of wanted to act like a real father to the child but that would probably be moving too quickly.

Alec did indeed lead the way. Until they got to the sidewalk. He didn't know which way to go, so he stopped and turned to look at Ryan. "Which way?" Then he seemed to change his mind and let go of Drew's hand, but instead of giving up, the boy started tugging Ryan towards the front of the 'train'.

Ryan smiled and let himself be pulled forward. "okay... I'll show you the way..." He casually took Alec's hand to be the front of the 'train' "choo choo" he chuckled, leading the other two in the direction of the grocery store. It wasn't too far, so they could easily walk.

Alec grew tired of the train game soon enough, but didn't let go of either of the adult's hands. He started chattering about things he could see and asking questions about them. Drew patiently answered many of them with a smile, and left the more difficult ones alone simply by saying he didn't know. Suddenly the boy's attention turned to Ryan. "Why do you have pictures on you?"

Hearing the inquiry, Drew turned to look at the other man too, and smiled. He wanted to know what his boyfriend would say in response. The change of subject from the taste of clouds to tattoos was rather abrupt after all.

Ryan blinked at the question and looked down at Alec. "Pictures?" it took him a moment to understand what the child was referring to. "ooh, you mean my tattoos" he smiled gently. "It's something that grown ups do sometimes to remember important times or just have something beautiful... it's like buying a painting, but it's on my skin" he hoped that the explanation would make some sense...

The little boy looked thoughtful for a moment before speaking with finality. "Grown ups are weird." Then he noticed a sleeping cat, let go of the adults' hands and ran ahead to take a closer look.

"Alec!" Drew was startled at the sudden escape of his son, but calmed down when he saw the boy stop by the fence on which the cat was. "I swear that boy has an attention span of five seconds." Sighing he reached for Ryan's hand and smiled at the other man. "So... How does it feel to be labeled weird by a four-year-old?"

"I am so deeply wounded" Ryan sighed, shaking his head in mock sadness. He grinned at Drew "I'm joking, a lot of people think I'm weird..." He held his left hand up to show the man the tattoo of plants wrapping around his ring finger. "You probably don't recognize this, but I gave it to myself after you left... Remeber the time that you were having a really hard week and I proposed to you with a ring made of grass to cheer you up?" He chuckled softly at the memory. "You probably don't remember... That was a really long time ago wasn't it..."

Of course Drew remembered! That week had been hell, and it started with getting bad marks at school, which led to him being yelled at by his parents. Then a girl he had refused to date started spreading word that Drew had raped her, and most people at school stopped talking to him, and some even resorted to bullying. The last straw was when, at the end of the week, a teacher heard the rumors and took him straight to the principal.

Luckily the matter was resolved, but Drew had still been miserable. His parents were angry and his friends turned out to not be friends after all. Even his teacher didn't believe in him. Drew had been wallowing in his misery and hadn't really acknowledged Ryan before the other had knelt before him, presenting the crude ring made from braided grass, and proposed. That had made him laugh and cry at the same time while accepting the ring with a resounding yes.

The memory of it made Drew blush and smile. He turned his face towards the ground and shyly mumbled under his breath. "I still have it..."