Family (Pigeon x

Kotorichan

"What? You'll wash it off? But it's so pretty, that would be such a waste..." Drew pouted a little before starting to help Ryan with the cleaning. "Well, if you're going to wash it off, I guess we could let Alec do it too. But we have to make sure he understands he can only paint on the walls here, or it really will end up in disaster."

When Ryan asked if he had been okay, Drew had to think about his answer carefully. He didn't like lying, but he couldn't tell him everything either. "Yeah, more or less... Us coming here was pretty sudden so I still need to find a job, which might take a while and, well..." He blushed in embarrassment. "I was thinking we would... stay here until I do..." The man twitched in his nervousness. "But if we're disturbing you too much or something then we'll find some other place, so please tell me if you want us to leave, okay?" Drew turned his attention back to the cleaning before continuing. "Enough about me, how have you been?"

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• meluvcookies

"You're not disturbing me at all" Ryan quickly reassured him. "You can stay as long as you want... I mean, I really did mean what I said earlier..." He blushed softly as he referred to when he said he still had feelings for the other.

"Me? I've been fine... I'm a tattoo artist now, and I'm contandtly getting more tattoos from other people... So I might not be the kind of influence you want around Alec..." He laughed nervously. "I'll start wearing long sleeved shirts to cover them up.." He quickly grabbed a different shirt from his dresser and tugged off the one he was wearing. His tattoos went from his left hand, around his back and to his right arm. It looked like it was done by lots of different artists all working together.

Drew startled, let out a soft sound and blushed again when Ryan took off his shirt. Was the other man trying to tease him? Showing off his upper body and continuous tattoos. "It's okay, you don't have to..." Without even realising it himself Drew had reached out a hand and touched Ryan's shoulder with his fingertips. His heart was trying to pound it's way out of his chest and he swallowed nervously. He really wanted to kiss the other but he was hesitant. Did he have the right after leaving without a word? After years of no contact? After gazing into the blue-grey eyes for a second he stopped caring about any of that and leaned in. He wanted to give a chaste kiss to the one he'd loved all these years and hoped with all his heart it would not be rejected.

Ryan was somewhat surprised at the touch, he hadn't meant to flirt or tease the other. But everything seemed to melted away when Drew leand in for a kiss. Ryan eagerly returned the kiss, letting his eyes flutter shut and reaching out to rest a hand on the man's cheek. He missed the other so much, it was hard to hold back from doing more than just a simple kiss. But he forced himself to refrain from doing anything else.

They were kissing, and it was pure bliss. Even if it was just a simple press of lips against lips, Drew thought it was perfect, it was heaven. This was what he'd missed, what he'd wanted, what he'd hoped to have again for the last four years. Being close, kissing, whatever as long as it was with Ryan, with his one and only love. Drew shuffled closer and slid his hands around the other's back.

After a while he ended the kiss and buried his head to Ryan's neck. He held the other close with all his might for a moment before pulling away just far enough to be able to look into the other man's eyes. "I love you..."

Ryan gently wrapped both arms around Drew. He had missed the other so much, even when he tried to date other people he just hadn't been able to get the other man out of his head. He felt like his heart would burst with happiness at the other's words. "I love you too..." He said with a gentle smile. "I always did and I always will" he pulled Drew in for another chaste kiss, just brushing their lips together... Almost like the first time they kissed all those years ago. Ryan felt the urge to do more than this, but he held himself back since Alec was just outside the room.

Drew's eyes sparkled with delight as his heartfelt words were returned and they kissed again. And again. Drew found it increasingly hard to pull away now that they'd started. But he finally managed and smiled at Ryan. Just then they were interrupted by the voice of a little boy. "Are you gonna get married now?" Drew was startled and turned to look at his son, who was standing at the bedroom door with drawings in both hands and a frown on his face.

Ryan's eyes widened in horror at the sight of the little boy. "A-Alec, uh..." He glanced at Drew, his chest tightening in guilt. He had been the.one to kiss the other this time, if he hadn't then this wouldn't have happened... He quickly slipped his shirt on before crouching down in front of the child. "Do you want me to Marty your daddy?" He asked with a gentle smile, expecting a no for an answer.

Drew watched the scene of his love trying to get the approval of a little boy with a mixture of amusement and nervousness. Of course he wouldn't leave Ryan now that he was finally back, but everything would be so much easier if Alec didn't completely reject the idea. It would be a dream come true if the two would get along well with each other.

When asked if he wanted this stranger to marry his daddy, Alec's frown got deeper. The little boy crossed his arms, having obviously copied the pose from Drew, and answered in all seriousness with a question of his own. "But who's gonna wear the dress?" And then, before either of the adults had any time to react, he continued with a huff. "And I need a bigger paper." He showed the drawing in his other hand, filled with colorful shapes. "See? That's me, and daddy, and the dinosaur. There's no room for you."

Ryan held back a laugh as he heard the boy's words. "I can get you bigger paper, and we'll decide whi wears the dress with rock, paper, scissors... But do you want me to marry your daddy? I would take good care of both of you so you would be extra happy... You would get to have two daddies, doesn't that sound fun?" He gave the boy a bright smile , even though he felt like the child wouldn't be happy with the idea... At least not yet...

Drew couldn't help letting out a giggle at the thought of one of them in a dress. Then the question of marriage was repeated and Alec paused to think for a while. "Two daddies would be cool..." He then went to his father and hugged his leg possessively. "But you can't since I'm gonna marry daddy when I grow up!" Drew smiled at the two of them and then crouched down in front of Alec. "I'm happy that you think so highly of me Alec, but what if daddy wants to get married already?" The little boy stomped his foot and refused. "How about this; I'll still be your daddy, and Ryan could be your second-daddy-in-training, and the three of us can live together without anyone getting married for the time being. Would that be okay?" Alec cast a wary glance at Ryan before reluctantly nodding. Drew kissed the top of the boy's head and smiled at his boyfriend.

Ryan felt extremely relieved at the child's agreement, he didn't want to cause problems between Drew and his son. He held out his arms towards Alec. "Can I get a hug?" He asked sweetly. He was trying to hide the giddy joy he felt at being reunited with his love. He still thought that the man had spent their time apart with some woman... But it didn't seem to matter right now, all that mattered was that they were together again.

Alec was hesitating whether to go or not, so Drew gave him a gentle nudge. "Go on." When the boy still didn't move, he whispered to his ear. "Ryan was scared we would leave him all alone so he needs a hug now, don't you think?" Alec nodded with a serious expression and shyly walked to the other man, gave him a quick squeeze and then wriggled out ot of the embrace to run back to the safety of his father's arms. Drew giggled and praised the boy. "Well done." He hoped Alec would warm up to Ryan soon.

Ryan wished that the hug had lasted longer, but he knew better than to pressure the child. He slowly stood up straight and pushed a few strands of loose hair out of his face. "Thank you Alec, you'll have to teach me how to give good hugs like that" he smiled and turned to Drew. "I don't have much food in the house, so would you like to go out for dinner? It'll be my treat"

Drew rose to his feet and took Alec's hand, smiling at his reinstated boyfriend. "Yeah, sure." He stepped closer to Ryan and, unable to resist, gave a small peck to his cheek. "But nowhere expensive, okay?" Then drew turned to look at his son. "What would you like to eat?" The boy thought for a moment before grinning and exclaming the name of his desired edible product. "Ice cream!" Drew chuckled. "But ice cream is a dessert; you have to eat real food before dessert or you won't grow up." A pout found it's way on Alec's face but he mumbled an okay, for the moment defeated by his father's logic. Nodding approvingly to the boy, Drew extended his other hand to Ryan. "I'll leave the choice to you. Shall we go then?"

Ryan smiled brightly and took Drew's hand. "Alright...there's a pizza place nearby that's good... Do you like pizza Alec?" He asked, turning his attention to the boy. He really wanted to get along with Drew's son. He quickly grabbed his wallet and keys and began to walk towards the door. He felt a he was having the best day possible.

When asked if he liked pizza, Alec chirped out an enthusiastic yay, pizza! and let go of his father's hand to race to the door. "Hurry up!" The boy was practically jumping from excitement but knew better than to go outside without his daddy. Drew shook his head in amusement before making a stern face. "It's fine that you're eager, Alec, but when we're out on the streets you will hold my or Ryan's hand. Is that clear?" Alec nodded.

Drew was a little worried the boy would be too excited to watch out for the traffic, after all they hadn't really been outside that many times, and there were so many things a child of four would find too interesting not to take a closer look. The man sighed and made sure Ryan too was ready to leave before opening the door and stepping out.

Ryan followed Drew outside. "It's just a couple blocks away so we can just walk" he said, looking up at the sky to make sure the weather was nice. He reached out and gently took Drew's hand again, giving it a gentle squeeze."unless you'd rather drive..."

Drew returned the squeeze of the hand. "It's okay, we can walk. It's just a few blocks... Right?" He knew he sounded a little like he was trying to convince himself, which was true, but he didn't care. He shook his head, thinking he and Alec both better get used to it, since they were going to actually spend time outside from now on. The man couldn't help but worry though, so when he noticed his son already walking ahead, he had to call out to the boy. "Alec, what did I say about holding hands?" The four-year-old turned to stick out his tongue before yelling back. "Not on the street yet!" Drew sighed in exasperation and muttered under his breath. "And he was behaving so well just a moment ago..." Then he glanced at Ryan and gently tugged his hand as a signal to follow the boy before he got in trouble.

Ryan smiled and started to quickly walk after Alec. "it's only about two blocks... If Alec gets tired then I can carry him for you" he gave Drew a light kiss on the cheek. "you've really become a dad haven't you?" he murmured, watching the little boy. He tried to keep the faint sadness out of his voice. "it seems like just yesterday that I had to call you over to help me babysit my little cousin..."

"I don't think he'll get tired, I'm more worried he won't watch out for cars if he sees something interesting." Drew chuckled when receiving a kiss, but noticed the sadness in Ryan's voice when the other told him he'd become a dad. "That's kind of what happens when you have kids." He tried a joke to lighten his boyfriend's mood. "And that cousin of yours was an angel. You only asked for my help because she wanted someone to join her tea parties and fashion shows."

In the meanwhile Alec had spotted a small lizard and was trying to creep closer without scaring it. When he was right next to it, he stared at the reptile with single minded attention for a few seconds before trying to catch it. Unfortynately for the little boy, the lizard was quick enough to escape and disappear. The four-year-old rose to his feet and pouted.

Ryan looked over at Alec with a smile as he thought about Drew's words. "hm... I guess so..." he sighed and brought his gaze to the ground, trying not to imagine the woman that must be Alec's mother. He kept walking, slowly so that they could keep watching the child. "It's just a little farther..." He soon stopped at a nice little pizza place. "is this okay?"

Drew smiled at Ryan. "It's fine." Then he turned to call his son. "Alec! Come on, this is the place!" The pout left the boy's face as soon as he remembered they were getting pizza, and he hurried to his father's side. When they stepped inside, Drew put his hands on Alec's shoulders from behind and spoke to Ryan. "Would you mind ordering while we go wash our hands? I'm okay with anything, but Alec doesn't like pineapple. I think one pizza will be enough for us to share..."

Ryan nodded and got a table for all them. He ordered a pepperoni pizza as well as a soda for himself and a soda that he remembered used to be Drew's favorite for the other. After a moment of thought he ordered an apple juice for Alec, not sure if the child was allowed to have soda or not. While he waited, a young woman came over to talk to him, she had gotten a couple tattoos from him in the past.

Drew steered his son by the shoulders to the men's bathroom. At the sink he lifted the boy up to wash his hands. When that was done, he figured he might as well wash his own hands too now that he was here. Warning Alec not to touch anything in the meanwhile, he did just that.

Getting out of the bathroom, Drew searched for Ryan, and spotted him almost right away. Taking a few steps forward, he also noticed the woman talking to him and hesitated for a few seconds before continuing. They seemed to know each other and he really hoped she wasn't a previous girlfriend or something. When the two of them got to the table, Drew smiled a little unsurely. "Hello..." He ushered the suddenly shy Alec to a chair opposite from Ryan.