Kotorichan

my character:

Name: Ryan Hudson

Position: Seme

Hair: dark brown, short and usually messy

Eyes: Blue-gray

Misc appearance: has a bunch of tattoos and wears reading glasses

Personality: kinda loud and not very organized but kind

Ryan sat in his messy apartment, a large sheet of paper spread out in front of him. He had music playing through his speakers as he drew intricate designs for tattoos that he would be putting up in his shop. His life hadn't been very interesting for the past few years, just going to school and getting a job. But he was pretty satisfied with it. Of course he had never forgotten his first real love, but it was just something he tried not to think about anymore.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kotorichan

• meluvcookies

Characters:

Name: Drew Brooks

Position: Uke

Appearance: Black, short and neat hair. Chocolate-brown eyes. Pale and a bit on the skinny side.

Personality: Kind, always worried about something or someone, can be a little timid

Other info: He's a single father

Name: Alec Brooks

Appearance: Dark brown hair and brown eyes.

Personality: Shy around new people, troublemaker, hates being separated from Drew even for a moment

Other info: Drew's son, 4 years old

Drew took in a calming breath as he came to a stop in front of a door. He checked the address one more time before putting down his luggage. Then he knelt down in front of his son to brush any nonexistent dirt from the little boy's clothes. "This is where daddy's friend lives. Please try to behave yourself because daddy has to ask him for a big favor. Okay?" Alec nodded and chimed an enthusiastic okay.

Drew rose to his full height, smoothed down his already neat hair and clothes, took another deep breath and knocked. Alec scampered behind his father, suddenly shy, and hid behind Drew's legs while the adult wondered if his ex even remembered him anymore.

Ryan frowned and looked up at the sound of the knock. He wasn't expecting anyone over today... It was one of those days that he specifically set aside for designing. He paused his music and pulled himself to his feet with a groan. "I'm comin'" he yelled, pulling on a t-shirt that had been laying on the ground. His heavily tattooed arms were still exposed, but all of his tattoos were very beautiful so he didn't look too horrible despite his messy clothes.

The man pushed his hair back out of his face and pulled his reading glasses off as he made his way through the messy apartment to the door. When he opened the door he was expecting to see someone who wanted to sell him something, so the man and child with luggage took him completely by surprise. He stared at the two for a moment before finally speaking in a hoarse voice. "Drew?"

Outside the door, Drew heard the shout and his heart started pounding. How would Ryan look like? The last time they'd seen eachother had been in high school, so they were bound to look a little different. Would the other recognize him? What should he say if he didn't?

Then the door was opened and the sight of the other man surprised Drew probably just as much as the two of them surprised Ryan. There were several tattoos, he was taller and more mature looking than Drew remembered. For a moment he was completely speechless, but was snapped out of it by the other male's hoarse voice calling his name. Drew smiled with mixed apology and awkwardness in his exspression. "H-hi. Long time no see..."

"wow, yeah, it's been four years right?" Ryan laughed awkwardly. "uh, are you moving back to this area?" he didn't wait for an answer before stepping back to let the two in. "come on in, I can make you some coffee or something... Sorry about the mess, I wasn't expecting anyone." he was starting to just babble, a habit that he had his whole life. "is that your kid? I'm impressed that you've managed to grow up so much, I really haven't done much with myself, which is pretty obvious..." he pushed art supplies and clothes off his couch so Drew and the child could sit down.

When Ryan started his babbling, Drew picked up the luggage and ushered his son inside even though the child was hanging on to his leg like a lifeline. He set the bag down near the entrance, picked Alec up and followed Ryan to the couch. It was even more awkward than he'd thought, but he was really happy Ryan didn't forget him. "Yeah, um... I'm sorry to show up so suddenly..." He took a seat. "This is my son, Alec." The boy buried his face in his father's neck. "He's a little shy around strangers..." Drew smiled and held the child a little tighter.

"it's okay, most kids are little bit nervous around me..." Ryan turned away and headed to the kitchen. "what would you two like to drink? I have coffee, soda, juice..." he called back to them. He was doing his best to hide his sadness. He had never really gotten over his feelings for Drew, and now he was back with his kid...

Drew wondered if it was all the tattoos that made children nervous around Ryan, but paid it no more heed. He followed with his eyes as the other man walked towards the kitchen. "It's okay, you don't need to trouble yourself over us..." Then he visibly cringed at his choice of words. They were there to ask for a huge favor after all and if Ryan agreed, he'd be very much troubled with his two visitors, what was a simple drink compared to that?

With that thought Drew turned to his son and spoke in a quiet voice. "Alec, are you thirsty? Would you like to have some juice?" Lifting his head from his father's neck only long enough to cast a cautious glance towards their host, the little boy nodded his assent. Drew smiled at him reassuringly and then turned to face the kitchen. "On second thought, could you bring Alec some juice, please?"

"yeah, of course" Ryan filled a glass up with apple juice and came back out to the living room. He smiled at the child and handed him the juice. "so... Uh... Did you need something?" he sat down on the couch, trying to avoid eye contact. "You haven't even called so I'm guessing you didn't just stop by to say hi..." he was having trouble keeping the pain out of his voice.

Alec took the glass with both hands and settled down next to his father, all the while staring at Ryan like he might suddenly attack if the boy even blinked. When the child was silent, Drew gave him a gentle reminder. "What do we say when we are given something Alec?" The boy glanced at him before muttering a quiet "thanks". Then the boy started taking sips of the juice and resuming his wide eyed staring of the tattooed stranger.

Hearing the pain in Ryan's voice, Drew bit his lower lip. It was at least partly his fault. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to lose contact, or even move, but things happened and..." He was starting to get a little upset himself, so he took a deep breath to calm down before continuing. "And you're right; I do need something." The man's voice trembled as he continued. "Please, I know this is unreasonable and maybe even cruel of me, but you're the only one I can even ask..." He reached out for Ryan's hand and spoke with desperation in his voice. "Please, please let the two of us stay here for a while?"

Ryan felt a surge orf anger at the request, he wanted to blame Drew for everything. He wanted to punish the man for disappearing like that. But he couldn't do it, by the time he opened his mouth he just felt a deep, broken hearted, sadness. "I didn't even know you were leaving... I didn't even get to say goodbye and you never returned my calls..."

He stared down at his feet, lightly tracing one of the tattoos on his arm with his fingers. "I missed you so much... I just... I didn't understand..." he choked on his words and tried to blink back tears. "I..."

The man hugged his arms to himself. "I really loved you... Sometimes I think I still do... And now you're coming to me because you need a place to stay?" he bit back the urge to swear, he didn't want to upset Alec. "Of course you can... You know that I could never say no to you, and now you've brought your kid?" he felt like such an idiot, there was no way that Drew still had any feelings for him. He was probably just being taken advantage of, but he couldn't refuse...

Drew was holding back his own tears at his ex-boyfriend's admission. Of course he hadn't been the only one suffering from the sudden separation, but he'd managed to convince himself that, unlike himself, the other would be over it and dating someone else by now. He wanted to just jump into Ryan's arms and kiss him, and cry and... He didn't really even know anymore, but he couldn't do any of it. Not with Alec in the room, and not with four whole years of silence hanging between them.

He turned towards his son and tried to smile in an reassuring manner, failing spectacularly. "There are a few toys in your backpack, Alec. You can get them out and play if you want." At first the boy clung to his father, but a few more encouragements later he slipped down from the couch and plodded towards the entrance where they'd left their luggage.

When the child was no longer right next to him, Drew couldn't stop the tears anymore. "Thank you Ryan, thank you so much! I'm sorry for... Thank you!" He sobbed and covered his face with his hands. "I'm so sorry! You have no idea... Thank you..." Even during his breakdown Drew tried to keep quiet in order to not worry Alec, but he was just so relieved now that they were finally here and Ryan had promised to let them stay.

Ryan hesitated for a moment. It had been years since they saw each other... Who knew how much his ex-lover had changed? But the person in front of him still looked and acted like his perfect little Drew... He couldn't just sit there while he cried. "hey... Its okay" he murmured, scooting closer to the man and hesitantly pulling him into a warm hug.

"you can stay with me as long as you need to... It'll give me a good reason to clean up my apartment" he tried to joke, hoping that he could make Drew calm down. "I... I don't know what happened but... I'm sure you had a reason for disappearing like that... Right?"

Drew hugged him back and let out a watery chuckle at Ryan's attemp at a joke. The other was always so good to him, it would be unfair to not explain. He didn't want to talk about what happened after moving, because it wasn't pretty, and Ryan would hate both him and his son, and then where would they go? But he could at least give him the reason why the whole family had moved instead of just his father.

Managing to calm down enough to stop sobbing, but not enough to pull away from the hug, he spoke. "Do you still remember that last phone call? My cell phone was broken so you called the landline and mom was the one to pick it up first. She called me down by saying it was you..." Drew used one hand to wipe the tears from his cheeks. "You knew all this, it was you on the phone after all. But what you don't know is that mom and dad both heard when we said goodbye. They knew it was you on the phone and they heard me saying love you too." He let out a humourless chuckle. "I was so stupid. I should've known better than to say that aloud where my parents might hear it... Of course they freaked out. They yelled at me and refused to let me call, not to mention actually see you."

Finally feeling calm enough to let go of his ex, Drew did just that. "A couple days later we were on a plane to France, and once there, my parents continued keeping me on a tight leash." Which was the understatement of the century, but Ryan didn't need to know that.

Ryan didn't want to let Drew pull away, but he still loosened his grip as the man distanced himself. "I'm so sorry..." was all he could think of to say.

He hesitantly reached out and touched my he man's cheek, forcing himself to keep back the urges to hold and kiss his ex-lover. "I never stopped loving you, I always hoped that you would come back..."

For a moment he leaned in as if he was going to kiss Drew, but he suddenly remembered Alec and pulled away. "S-sorry, I mean... I know that you've moved on..." he quickly stood up and tried to busy himself with cleaning up the apartment. "I won't do anything weird, so you won't have to, you know... Cheat on Alec's mom" his chest felt tight as he tried to imagine who Drew had been with all this time

Drew was going to say I still love you too, but then Ryan pulled away and he felt a stab of guilt for not telling his ex the whole story. But he couldn't. He was sure Ryan would find him, and maybe even Alec, disgusting or a freak. Just like everyone else who knew, who had been there and treated him like he was trash. No, he would've actually preferred being treated like trash and thrown away to what actually happened...

He shook the dark thoughts out of his head and returned to the moment. He decided he could give Ryan the bare minimum of information and let him interpret it how he wanted to. It wouldn't give him enough to even suspect how Alec was actually born, but would maybe give them another chance at a relationship, since both of them were still in love with each other...

Just when Alec came back, carrying a toy tractor, Drew spoke just loud enough for Ryan to hear. "Who ever said I've moved on? And I wouldn't be cheating on anyone." He threw a hopeful glance at his ex before smiling at his son, who settled down on the floor in front of Drew to play.

Ryan paused and turned back to his ex. "you... I mean... So could we still...?" he chewed on his lip nervously, he was too scared that Drew might not really love him anymore. "I-I'm still going to let you stay even if you don't have those feelings for me anymore... So you font have to pretend..." he turned away again to keep cleaning. He wanted to be with Drew again, and if Alec's mother was out of the picture then he would be more than happy to have a family with the other man... But he didn't want to find out that it had just been because Drew was desperate. He pushed the thoughts away and finished getting his things fairly organized. "Alec, do you like to draw?" he asked suddenly. "I have lots of paints and stuff, and I don't mind if you paint on the walls if you want" he had found out that it was easy to wash the watercolors he usually used off the wall, and would often do giant paintings that took days to make before washing them away. He currently had one of fish swimming through space in the bedroom.

Drew bit his lower lip again. Of course Ryan didn't trust him after leaving without a word. It wasn't going to be that easy; they'd been out of contact for years! But the other man seemed willing, so at least they could try... "How about we talk about this later?" He looked at his playing son. Preferably when Alec was asleep.

When asked if he liked to draw, Alec nodded cautiously. Then the statement was followed by permission to mess with the walls and his eyes sparkled with delight and he let out a loud and excited yes at the same time as the boy's father snapped his eyes to the tattoo artist and shouted no. Drew looked completely scandalized. "Oh no no no no no, you will not teach my son it's okay to paint on walls! What do you think he'll be doing to every single wall he sees from now on?" The man paled a little even thinking about the possible amount of money he might have to pay in compensation for the damages. He didn't even have a job and he was already picturing his paycheck diminishing into nothing in front of his eyes. Then the male groaned in dismay. How would he even get a decent job when he'd never even graduated high school?

Ryan jumped at the sudden outburst. His shoulders slumped and he looked away. "I wasn't going to let him paint on just any wall... I thought I could just explain that its just my walls he can paint on" he sighed and shrugged it off. "sorry Alec, you should listen to your daddy. I can give you some paper if you still want to draw..."

He gave Drew an apologetic smile. "sorry... I just wanted to help him relax, he's not my kid so I guess I don't have any right to tell him what he can do" he laughed softly and turned back to his cleaning. "Well, I only have one bedroom... But my couch folds out into a futon so I can use that and you two can have the bedroom."

Drew snapped out his thoughts when Ryan spoke. The other man wasn't exactly right in his assumption of Alec not being his too. "Sorry, it's just that young children don't understand if you say they can do something here but not somewhere else..." He watched with a small smile as the boy rose to his feet and went to take a hold of the hem of Ryan's shirt. It looked like he'd forgotten to be shy in his excitement to draw.

When Ryan suggested his guests take the bedroom, Drew shook his head. "We couldn't possibly do that! We're already imposing, we won't take your bed from you..."

"its fine, I usually work late so I would wake you two up when I come home..." Ryan smiled down at Alec and got out a few pieces of paper and a box full of colored pencils and watercolor paints. "here you go little guy, paint something cool for your daddy, okay?" he smiled down at the little boy before going back to sit next to Drew. "just accept my offer, you two must have been through a lot for you to come back here. Having a bed and room for just the two of you is the least I can do" he sighed softly. "I'm just trying to help you out.."

As soon as he had the stuff, Alec took a green pencil and started to draw something with a huge smile on his face. His father glanced at him to make sure the drawing stayed on the paper and then looked at Ryan. "Well, if you're sure..."

Though Drew wasn't too keen on taking over the other's personal space, it would certainly be easier to put Alec to sleep in a separate room. During daytime however, he planned on taking his son to play outside as much as possible. The two of them had practically been locked up for the last four years and Drew was sick of it. He wasn't planning on telling that to Ryan though, because that would lead to questions about why.

Ryan smiled at him "of course I'm sure..." he stood up and stretched. "well, I should go clean up so you two aren't sleeping in a pile of trash" he chuckled softly and headed to his room. The tattoo artist paused at the door and glanced back at Drew. "if you want to bring your bags in and we can do some catching up..." he suggested, his voice a bit shy. He wanted to find out more about what had happened in those years that they were apart, and possibly even rekindle their romance... But he still wasn't fully sure of what Drew wanted, or why he had shown up now... He sighed softly and went into hid bedroom. His room was even more messy than the living room. But it mostly was just art supplies, sketchbooks, papers, and books on art and tattoos. The walls were all painted with murals that gave the impression that the room was simultaneously underwater and in space. Ryan started to organize his things and pick stuff that he would put in the living room.

When Ryan said he'd go clean the room, Drew rose from the couch to offer his help. He ended up nodding to the idea of getting their luggage and, after making sure Alec would behave himself, went to do just that. Drew left the bags near the bedroom door and straightened his back, gasping as he saw the murals. "So beautiful..." He let his gaze travel all around the walls. "Did you do these yourself?"

Of course he had noticed the abundance of art supplies in the apartment but he hadn't expected something like this. No wonder he'd offered to let the four year old paint on the walls; Ryan had most likely done it too. He turned his gaze to the man in question with a light blush on his cheeks. Even though he knew the room wasn't exactly meant for him, after seeing the murals, it somehow felt like a really romantic gesture to let him use it. Well, him and Alec, but still...

Ryan looked up when he heard Drew's words. "you like it?" he grinned brightly. "yeah, I painted it myself... This one isn't done yet... Once it is ill probably wash the paint off all the walls and start again" he gestured to one wall that had a couple small white patches. "I thought that Alec might like to help me finish it, but I guess you're right about him not understanding that its just some walls..." he sighed and began to gather loose paint brushes that were scattered around the floor.

"so... It's, uh, it's been a long time since I've seen you..." he said awkwardly, not really sure what to say. "have you been okay...?" he chewed on his lip nervously, avoiding eye contact.