The Stained men's uncorrupted fate

Never

Title: The Stained men's uncorrupted fate.

Summary: There begins a sweet yet twisted love story.

Warnings: Angst, Love between boys involving religion themes, Rape.

If you are offended by these subjects please don’t go any further.

- The greatest ironies of life: having the right person at the wrong time, having the wrong person when the time is right, and finding out that you love someone after that person walks out of your sight. -

The pure almost tasteless lipid liquid splashed over the abstruse aged wooden raft; On top of the not broken part of the boat, was a man of an exquisite ravishing appearance.

The clear breeze air spiteful hit his fair skin like a thousand of needles; however the beautiful man didn't seem to be upset, the hot and over humid weather didn't disturb him, in fact he didn't even care.

The sharp blow was evidence enough that soon it would be night. He should start preparing to go back to the island. Taking advantage of the wind, he unfurled sheets once it restarted its blowing.

The strong zephyr was known by everybody of the village and wasn't an uncommon occurrence some amateur swimmers of inexperienced fishermen die after staying for too long. The dangerous time was precisely some minutes before the sunset. When the wind movement’s increased, it affected the sea, which its tide became wildly indomitable.

The search for the bodies, showed fruitless. Any hope to retrieve the lost men was cruelly crushed. But this didn't scare the island's habitant’s; after that, the people nonchalantly resumed their everyday life as if nothing had happened.

“Hey Jean!!” The huge handsome said as waved in his middle sized boat.

"Hey, how are you doing Patrick?" Jean answered back with a shining smile.

Patrick couldn't help but smile back, a tiny trace of embarrassment slowly displaying on his face. “So our date is still up right?"

Jean could easily see the pretentious exhibition of affection on his colleague’s face, it was obvious that Patrick liked him, in very different way that friends usually did. And he was so easy to read...that was what Jean liked about him. This cute demonstration of honesty in front of people was an attribute that he didn't own.

"I'm getting back, don't stay for too long! It’s almost time to come back! “He exclaimed as turned his boat back into the known island.

"Okay, no worries!” In fact he wasn't worried at all, they were near to the harbor anyway, there’s no need for all this anxiety, but again, it was Patrick's charm. Displaying an alluring smile he thought.

As a proud fisherman he wouldn't go back before counting his today's income. As he started, a strange uproar was heard.

Before he could do anything, a swing of cold air swept through his brown hair, followed by a colossal wave.

He didn't have time to act before was brutally carried by the sea.

As falling in the deepest bottom of sea he still could detect the remaining sun's gleam, as his consciousness, was gradually disappearing.

Random fragmented memory pieces took over his senses.

"YOU KILLED THEM!!”

The middle aged woman pointed with her slightly harmed finger.

“MURDERER…YOU DESTROYED OUR FAMILY!”

She that once was a graceful refined woman now was in her knees, in her torn dress there were so much mud as much as there was on her face.

Trembling before the good-looking man, she with some trouble, managed to pronounce.

“DON'T DARE TO DENY THAT FACT- SINFUL …YOUNG MAN!!"

Her tears started to flow from that once beautiful light colored eyes.

"Love ain't nothing more than sex misspelled"

As triumphantly spoke, the frail little boy sarcastically smirked.

His yellowish short wet hair was still dropping. The dirty nauseating water still hadn’t dried, if it wasn’t washed soon, it would surely spoil his beautiful naively colored hair.

Probably judging by the boy’s current manner he would deliberately leave it like that, purposely to infuriate even more the man. While most boys would lower their heads before the authority reprimanding them, he did otherwise, arrogantly yet nobly openly staring his elder.

Observing the scene, a tiny almost imperceptible spark of admiration sprouted in the heart of a much younger Agnes.

"My beautiful...I’m sure you will grow to be a very important figure."

The charming man declared as delicately pressed his thumb against the teenager’s chin, keeping his face slightly up.

“You are special, Agnes.”

His transcendent skin seems to spark together with the glittering inner church mosaics. It was almost immoral the way it appeared in his slightly opened robe, but somehow it seems so stainless...clearly....immaculate.

"Bishop...."

The youngster whispered. As leaned his face on the man's hand.

In the man's face he detected the same thing that appeared on his eyes.

It was...longing....

“Why do you care?”

The blonde haired man furiously interrogated.

“Their approval is that important to you?!”

Exclaimed the fuming enraged man as his big hands constricted the other male movements.

“This society morals limits are too narrow! Who they thing they are to dictate what’s right and wrong?!”

His slim fingers swung around the compressed body against the wall, slowly stopping by his neck.

“Conventionality is not morality Agnes!”

His clutches ferociously bounding his companion’s throat.

The green eyed male was striving to not suffocate, at this rate, he would soon pass out.

Glancing at his friend’s daunting outraged face the taller man gently relieved his grasp, although still grabbing his collar.

“Fear….is the mother of morality…think about that.”

He uttered as abruptly shoved the man on the floor.

………

"I don’t understand you.”

“If it was me, I would gladly take it by force.”

The unconcerned man smoothly approached as made his carefree statement.

“Why do you hold yourself back? Think how wonderful it would be…if he was yours….”

His eyes glowed in a dazzling brightness like the appearance of the sun’s rays in a sunny morning. He slowly closed the distance between their faces, putting his arms around his comrade’s shoulders.

His eyes still clear as the most lipid lake, the devil whispered as licked his earlobe.

“Just do it.”

…….

"You are dirty child that never should have been born. Don't dare to ever forget it."

The lovely melody stopped.

All guests of the fancy party stared at the terrifying looking man.

The owner of the banquet pierced the poor boy with a growing chilling glare.

"Get out of my sight.”

“I love you...Agnes....”

He was placed beneath a huge sized raven haired man. Despite his great stature the man was sobbing like a little girl, as if was begging for comfort.

“Even…if… you hate me...still better than solely forgetting about me.”

He muttered.

….But it was…as if he was talking more to himself than to the male under him.

“Don't even dare….to leave me behind….”

The pitiful murmur echoed on his ears.

“Don’t….forgive me. Despise me. Hate me with all your forces.”

No.

Please don't look me with such eyes.

Please.

"Jean!!! Wake up!! “An alarmed voiced shouted.

"Hmfffmm?" grunted the almost unconscious man.

"He is alive!!! Oh my god, It’s a miracle!! Thank you so much Sir!! What's your name again?" A relieved Patrick said as displayed his most sincere smile.

"......."

"Patrick!!" A village girl shouted while running into their direction. “We called the Doc.; he is arriving in a few minutes!"

" Really ?" Patrick went to the girl and began his fast paced talking.

A huge man kept silently staring at the laid down Jean.

He carefully placed his slim fingers on Jean's mouth as displayed a bright enticing smile.

Jean’s eyes fluttered. He could almost distinguish the foreign act as a gentle gesture.

Oh...how wrong he was.

"...Long time no see....Agnes." A familiar voice…cold as ice was heard.

-End of The Prologue-

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Never

• sarah3161

Chapter 1:

-Past-

England, 1450.

In a bitter freezing night was a little boy shrunken in a dirty dark corner. He trembled as the rats devoured the last shred of food nailed on the torn open can.

The boy wondered if after they finished it, he would be their next target.

Together with his green eyes and brown colored hair, this child had a very peculiar feature. This would catch the attention of the most that had the opportunity to have a proper look at the poor boy.

It was his height and weight.

Not that in this crisis era, didn't exist not fed poor developed kids, at this moment in time, the country was with a great lack of resources, so people dying of hunger was considered an average death.

What was abnormal about this boy was how he still could be alive.

His bones appeared behind his ripped clothes, between the holes one could perfectly see lifeless skin-color and disgusting poles, which spread around most parts of that poor cared body under the adult size T-shirt and little briefs.

The child was dying, it was certain for sure.

But, a funny thing about society is, since everything was considered normal, nobody cared.

An extravagant dressed woman with excessive make up passed and by chance met the boy's eyes. She abruptly turned her head on the other way, resuming her path.

Even though it was cruel, the child didn't care, he was already used to it. Now the only thing he should think about was how to gather some energy to leave that place.

With his mind set, he started to crawl into the main street's way. If he was lucky enough, he would pass without being noticed by the rats.

He started his groveling, striving for not pass out in the middle, but he was unsuccessful and ended up coming into the view of his ferocious little "friends".

It was his end.

Not...yet....thought the child, just one more meter and he was in the street, he couldn't give up. Not now.

The young boy gathered his remained forces and started to stand up as fought against the rodents. Five more steps, three steps....two....one....

He was unfortunate. His legs gave out and he fell one step to be visible by the street's folks. The rats covered his body.

A woman shouted in disgust.

"GROSS!! Rats! “The very same extravagant woman from before screamed making all the walking people on the crowded street look startled at her.

Embarrassed, the Lady became bright red as her husband slowly came into her direction.

"Mary, what's wrong? Are hurt anywhere?" The tall man asked.

"No, John....I was just....a little surprised...." She declared as fixed the tiny thread of hair that was out of place in the middle of her face.

When she was about to give her husband a proper reply, the view in the curb made all the presents stop to observe. A small excuse of a child was lying on the floor covered with rubbish.

The woman watched nauseated as the little creature worked to move out the way, her husband glanced with great interest.

He approached the boy and declared.

"Hello young boy, what are doing in the middle of all this rubbish?" he chuckled.

The child glared the man in astonishment. Nobody dared to have a proper glance at him, furthermore start a conversation.

Mary averted her eyes as said.

"Darling, let’s go, this child is hopeless, look at it…. doesn't even know how to speak...probably his head is no good. It’s a retarded child!”

"I...know how to speak.....I'm.....not- retarded...." After watching the man for some time, the little one uttered.

He could be many things, but he wasn't dumb, even in his last moments he would make sure to state that.

The man kept facing the boy, and then eventually said.

"Hey what's your name?"

"...." The minor didn't respond. He couldn't answer something that he didn't know.

"You don't have a name?” He inquired as kneed down one of his legs.

“How about Agnes?" He smiled while stated his proposal.

His wife was bewildered. She couldn't believe in what she was seeing.

"John.....I must warn you....I-"

"Your name....is a tribute for my father, little one" he smiled as added "Do you want to come home with me?"

Before he could even think his small hand was slowly reaching the foreigner’s extended palm.

But it was too late. His body was too damaged and could not stand anymore.

His eyes gradually closed as his awareness left.

-End of Chapter 1-

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 2:

The chilly morning eventually came, the city as any other which existed that time, started its activities very early, the tradesmen were very lively on the avenue, “fighting” against each other for their customers attention, the fierce dispute was one of the most common traits of that very known village and for some was their pride.

A luxurious carriage passed by the famous avenue, been noticed by most merchants, the high quality woody could be smelled by kilometers by these preying dealers. They waited the shinning yellow door open and had the opportunity so presence a very distinguished high classed man. His droopy eyes gave a kind and understanding feeling, he was accompanied with a stunning beautiful lady, she wasn't in the prime years anymore and had a horrible frown on her face, even so, the youth glittering of her features hadn’t disappeared. The only thing which could ruin that beautiful picture of the perfect couple was an unconscious boy in the arms of the renowned sir.

But of course, all this presented detailed description only could be notable by a few people, most of tradesman’s heed stopped at the high class carriage appearance, they quickly made their way to the noble man offering some of their uncountable products which were bluntly yet politely rejected by the same man.

At a hurried pace, they went to the clinic in the middle of street and entered the main door.

It was his first time entering in a house so big, before he couldn't even imagine that such huge places for rest even existed, each room seem to have its own specialty, there was a room for meeting with guests, one for dinning, one for studying....that without counting the rooms of each member of that house. This arrangement wasn't uncommon for the most successful families in that time; even so each particularity didn't cease to amuse Agnes.

He didn't know about the details but it seems that after his collapsing, he was taken to a doctor and had to stay there a few days resting, then his new foster father brought him into this new amazing place.

A few days had passed since then, and he was almost adapted to this enormous place, surely that he would never be comfortable with that luxurious treatment like his new family was, but he was starting to get friendly with almost all the servants of his new home, somehow they seem to like him, and pampered him when they had finished their work. The only person who wasn't very happy was his new stepmother, she always made sure to ignore or embarrass him by pointing flaws in his mannerly behavior whenever she had the opportunity.

Something that was immediately noticed by Agnes was the huge new branded jewel which was on his foster mother’s neck nowadays, he supposed that his other foster parent brought it home and must have given her when he was still in clinic.

Apart their common fights, mostly for her silly tantrums, they were a very suited couple, and seem to understand each other well, Agnes never had a proper family before and he was at eager to make things go well this time.

The couple wasn't his only family, apparently there were still some members lacking, one of them, he had met only a week after he came to that house. He didn't get why, but his foster mother was reluctant to let him met with her. After a lot of convincing and some glittering objects, she agreed and Agnes finally met his older stepsister.

She was an attractive young lady, of radiant beauty; she took a lot of traits of her mother and also for what seems the same grimace as her mother whenever they happened to see Agnes. After their first meeting they almost didn't see each other, which was understandable since the house was so big...but Agnes still couldn't help wonder why they didn't had dinner together with him and his foster father.

The second week of his staying, his new father proposed him to accompany on his meeting with a friend.

"Agnes, how about if we go to see an old friend of this father of yours?” He displayed a brightly smile as added “And we're going to pick up your younger brother as well"

He hadn't many things to do apart of trying to read what he could on some books and talk to the maids when they weren't busy, furthermore his father was being gentle, trying to make him feeling comfortable at his new home, he still worked all day on his business and they hadn't many opportunities like this to be together. Keeping this on mind he went with the man.

Agnes remained entertained with his thoughts until they finally arrived to the grand residence. Not that he didn't wanted to talk but mostly time he still felt a little awkward towards his savior. Luckily his new dad was a perceptive man and accepted the boy's behavior towards him, he thought it was understandable and hoped that his adopted son would get used to him and his new life.

They opened the huge sturdy door and met with an elegant man.

"Hello old man, I've came to pick my child" John joking declared.

The man before them had fierce traces, enough to scare any person who dare to glance at him for too long, his high nose was too narrow, his eyes were sharp, but had beautiful colors and his reddish-brown hair seem to be glowing together with the lighted candles on the top of a meticulous decorated table near to the place where the host was waiting for his guests. On the other hand, even if he might at first glance have a scary appearance, he was quite handsome; Agnes clearly could state that, even before he saw the man’s face features soften and a slight smile blossom on his face.

He came into Agnes direction and both grown man started their entertained talking. Agnes stayed put behaving as if wasn't even there.

After a while his current father declared.

"This little one is my son, I've adopted him not long ago, he's is good-looking huh? He might not appear now, but after some months of filling this ‘’skin and bones body”, he will grow into a healthy boy."

The terrifying looking man furrowed his brows as glanced at the boy and muttered almost inaudible. “Green eyes and brown hair, huh... He truly resembles your father by having such colors..."

Agnes wasn't sure if his male parent had heard the comment, if he had; he faked it really well as looked at him and said.

"We're going to talk in the guest room for a while so stay here in the living room…or you can go to the playroom as well, there are a lot of toys there, you might end up finding something you like there." He chuckled as left with his friend.

Leaving Agnes wondering if his foster father got terrible mistaken about his real age or did that to show affection, anyway, now it didn't matter. He sat on the couch and waited for their return.

After half hour they still hadn't come back and he started to get impatient.

Scratching the back of his head, he decided go to the bathroom, was better than staying in the living room without doing anything.

He started walking to the foreigner house checking chamber by chamber, after some time when he was almost giving up of finding his destination, he heard some voices in the nearly room. It were familiar voices, this was probably the guest room where the discussion was been held.

He got near to the door, and then felt as if he was been observed. He turned back but didn't see anything.

Agnes put his hand on the door knob, and twisted it, this time he could clearly see with the corner of his eyes two pair of eyes bluntly staring at him but what he saw caught his entire attention. He glanced shocked at the small fissure between the two sides of the door, ignoring the eyes on his back.

The guest room was now silent, the two grown man were kissing.

-End of Chapter 2-

Chapter 3:

The lascivious movement provided by their prolonged joined lips continued for some time, what first seen like a light touch, two seconds later became much more than it, the house host firmly put John against the wall, making some perfectly lined books fell off the shelf. Having the male under his grasp, he closed their distance pressing the sides of their mouth even more and almost suffocating John when he inadvertently tried to break free. At this stage it was an almost a one sided attack, the forceful brushes were escalating to something else as the red haired man leaned against his victim.

Agnes continued staring without belief, he unconscious started to retreat a few steps, even he knew, that scene was too intimate and it was intensifying too quickly, that time the red haired man already had unbuttoned his friend's white hand-sewed T-shirt and was reaching for his pants.

The young boy abruptly tripped on his own feet and fell with his face on the well-polished floor. A wicked childish laugh echoed on the corridors. It belonged to one of eyes that previous stared him early. He abruptly turned back to see two boys, despite of the shocking scene taking place behind that door, they seen holding their interest on Agnes.

The one who was bluntly laughing, was a red-raven haired boy, he was smaller in stature than Agnes, only by some centimeters though, the second boy had his hair almost black, was taller and was unconcerned staring at Agnes.

Of course the loud unrestrained laugh and the loud fall didn't pass unperceived for the grown men, they both quickly moved apart from each other. Finally noticing their audience, John averted his gaze as quickly fixed his clothes, the other male however, just glanced appearing not even a little ashamed.

The breathless disturbed male hurried and left the room going to his new son.

"Are you hurt, little one?" Agnes could see his clothes were still a mess but decided not comment.

"Well...." The other male suddenly said with a voice cold as ice. "So where the two little devious ones were all this time huh? The maids reported me that searched for you everywhere and didn't have a clue about your location my dear son.

"The smirk on the face of the shorter boy suddenly disappeared as he erected his bodily position, with a serious new attitude he uttered almost like a whisper. "I was showing David the house this whole time father, it’s not surprising if they couldn't track us"

"Strange my son....haven't David come here a hundred of times before?” The man argued as sneered threatening.

The boy didn't give up. ''With all my respect do you know how many people get lost in our house, remember how many maids have spent days and days to accomplish a simple task because they couldn't find their way to the local? '' He elaborated.

The man smirked at the logical come back, that small chattering gave sufficient time for Agnes’s father recompose himself and help his son to stand up.

Agnes face was red all over and his nose was bleeding a little, the red head boy gave him a wicked smile at his failed attempt to stop the bleed.

"So shall we go back home David? oh and this is your new brother....I hope you guys get along well" He broadly smiled as put the boys in front of each other so near that their nose could touch each other.

Agnes glared this new acquired expressionless little brother, even though he hadn't anything of little, he was a lot taller that Agnes, his hair was well brushed and was dark haired just like their father.

Since the new brothers only kept staring each other, their father decided to change the subject. He pointed to the boy near his friend and declared' 'So Agnes this is Benjamin, he is the son of my dear friend and will be your new colleague soon'' Agnes raised one eyebrow.

"I can't let you boys stay locked in house for too long! The enrollment on school already started and I want you guys there as soon as possible, I think I already told you both about it."

Agnes slightly recalled his stepfather saying something like this, but he probably was too busy observing and getting perplexed with his new house to listen. His step brother shrugged.

After some small talking they went back to the carriage and rode back to home, all their way back, their father kept chattering, telling them how great was the school and they would love their new semester.

After they stepped out from the carriage, Agnes felt a fierce grab on his hand; David glared him as held his freedom "Are you Happy, Shiny eyes?"

Agnes blinked. He looked behind him and when saw nobody was there he fierce looked at the boy "Are talking to me?"

''Yes. Shiny eyes, that’s your name for now on, I asked if you are happy with the school's news."

"…..." He didn't understand what the boy meant but since he didn't want to get in problem with his just met brother, he sighed as suppressed his anger.

"Don't be. You know that the old man is sending us there so he can have his private time with his lover. If we are in a school he can easily get rid of the annoyance."

"How...can you say it about him...it's our father...."Agnes was too shocked to remember about his previous rage.

"He's MY father, that's why I know him so well.” He shrugged "You will see when we go to school, Shiny eyes." He gave a sharp laugh as turned his back and followed the person they had just talked about, who was already very far from the carriage and was calling them.

-End of Chapter 3-

Chapter 4:

''Ready for school, boys?” Their father had woken them, and was so excited as if he was the one getting to know the new institute.

Agnes couldn't sleep last night after what David said. For him who until recently did not own anything, even a father who thought of him as annoyance was better than nothing. And who could prove the veracity of these words? Agnes was sure that there wasn't a father who didn't love his son. With his mind set he entered the school after his father and brother.

The beautiful ambience was very rustic and study, it was made of lighted brown stones making the place appearance even older, while they walked, the vastness of the place could be seen and also lots of students walking and chattering seated on the larger stone seats or the wooden benches outside. Although the building had this ancient looks, its outside part was almost like a beautiful park, there were several varieties of plants, which were not commonly found in the era. One of the most outstanding was the bindweed that delicately embraced the huge pillars which sustained the great school.

The Academy was huge, because of that trait; there were stories about students getting lost and never being found. Even though it was only fairy tales, it made Agnes scared to death. He right now was wandering around the almost empty school wondering if would able to find his family before the night fell. He had got distracted and separated from his father, brother and their guide.

What I do now?

When he was about to sit in one of larger bench outside, he saw a frail lady having some difficult in walking.

By her clumsy movements and colorless eyes, she was blind and like him, was lost in this place.

Some big senior students carrying a huge filled bucket passed by the woman and stumbled over her.

Some of the yellowish smelly substance that was on it fell on the lady dress and on the untarnished white T-shirt of the student who carried the object.

''Sh*t! Old woman do you know how expensive was this clothes?!"

The middle age woman was too distressed to even answer, she started to blabber something as tried to stand up, the sight of it was pitiful.

Agnes understood, He should help....but by his own experience he could tell the students were older than him as well much stronger. It was a battle he couldn't win...even so.....he couldn't stay still.....

"Look at this idiotic woman....She can't even respond" The senior of before stepped on her hand shouting as his friends laughed.

Move....Do something Agnes...Who knows what they're going to do with her....You are the only one here....

"Hey but I don't think she is totally useless...."One of the previous friends remarked displaying a lecherous smile.

Now. Go to them. NOW.

You are the only one who....

No use, his legs didn't move an inch.

''Heh. So upperclassmen also rape poor blind ladies?" Before them was a little raven red haired boy, his threads of hair shined upon the light of the sun, displaying even more the uncommon redness on his head. He was indifferent leaned against a tree, a mischievous grin sprouting from his face.

Benjamin.

The stained clothes colleague smirked upon the frail individual before him “Such a disrespectful underclassman we got here huh? So what this little mouse want from us..."

Before the male could finish the phase the boy had already picked a branch of the muddy greenfield and struck with everything he had in the male's belly.

As the man grunted in pain, his comrades had pounced the boy. One bound his arms as the other thrown his fair amount of punches. Agnes was sure that he wouldn't last long, but he had to admit, Benjamin was enduring it with an admirable willpower.

The woman started to shout as the one sided fight got even uglier with the hurt student joining their friends in the massacre.

"Hey, since you gave me this unexpected little present, I shall do the same" He grabbed the boy's beautiful hair and pulled him near the strange liquid from the previous bucket…

"What's happening here?" A sharp voice interrupted the twisted entertainment.

All the presents, stopped everything and looked at the older figure before them. His clothes were all white, he had a black accessory on his neck and his features showed his age. By the sudden pressure he exercised on the before perverse fellows, he probably was a teacher.

However, he was late. The stinking fluid was already splashed all over Benjamin's head.

"I can't believe that." The older man swung his head showing his disapproval. “I think I told you guys to take this oil paint to the church....and this is what I find....where is the God’s love I’ve taught you to display with your fellow creatures?"

The senior students before the elder man dropped their heads in a disgraceful way. Their demeanor clearly showed their shame.

"Love ain't nothing more than sex misspelled" As triumphantly spoke, the frail little boy sarcastically smirked.

His yellowish short wet hair was still dropping. The dirty nauseating water still hadn’t dried, if it wasn’t washed soon, it would surely spoil his beautiful naively colored hair.

Probably judging by the boy’s current manner he would deliberately leave it like that, purposely to infuriate even more the man. While most boys would lower their heads before the authority reprimanding them, he did otherwise, arrogantly yet nobly openly staring his elder.

Observing the scene, a tiny almost imperceptible spark of admiration sprouted in the heart of a much younger Agnes.

-End of Chapter 4-

Chapter 5:

His feet were numb by now.

They were seated on a stone bench for around two hours awaiting for the director next orders. At this time, the sunset was near and the night would come as Agnes had predicted.

In the end what followed next was....

The man frown his face upon the distasteful remark, as the boy stayed proudly with the same attitude displayed not long ago and if he wasn't interrupted, probably would continue his lecture.

But something was strange. The frail woman from before wasn't there.

While the turmoil was progressing she must had have escaped and before Agnes came to an acceptance of what it would imply. A fierce voice shouted from far, making the previous so confident upperclassmen shudder even more in fear.

That shout belonged to the director of the school.

The rest of story was their path to the Director's study room for some ''explanations''.

And that's how Agnes ended seated outside the room for so long in silence together with no one less than Benjamin.

Long time had passed and both the boys remained in silence. It was...awkward.

The thing was that today Agnes had experienced a whole pack of different feelings.

Fear, impotence, deep admiration wrapped with great perplexity and ultimately shame.

To increase his anxiety, the person he last wanted to see was seated on the same bench, he couldn't help feeling disgusted with himself every single time he glanced the injured boy.

Does....he know?

He hadn't said anything since his last words that were directed to the now confirmed teacher, for the first time he stayed quiet, making absolutely no sounds.

After the arriving from the director, the older students and Benjamin were the first ones to be seen and directed to the Director's office, however on their way, the blind lady pointed out Agnes who was still in the same place that was before. He could swear she was smiling as her freckled hand managed to form a fist, leaving the index finger outside.

He had seen freckle's spots like that before. Tuberculosis.

Agnes was acquainted with that, too much for his own good. The woman surely had this horrible disease and unfortunately suffered several sequels because of it. But she was lucid enough to search rescue herself and furthermore, spot the member that no one had seen yet.

"I'm sorry...." Agnes couldn't stand the silence much longer. Each minute seem burden more on his shoulders.

"For what?" Benjamin nonchalantly asked leaving him startled.

No way. He knew by now. Why fake unawareness? So he had to make more effort to receive forgiveness.

"You don't need to fake it, you're a better man than me, and I admit it. So...." He uttered as glanced at his shoes.

"No. Seriously. What are you talking about?" Observing the not altered face, Agnes blinked in astonishment.

"If you are referring to the scene from before...."He chuckled "Don't concern yourself, it wasn't even your business, why should I blame you for something?"

"......"

"I've heard quite a bit about you, and I can say you are predictable as I've imagined." The shorter boy smirked as gave what resemble the previous arrogant look that he gave the authority before them.

Agnes lowered his head, making the boy glance him with a new covered interest.

"You are funny....why do you care so much for something like this? Even though you didn't anything when you had the opportunity to do it?"

The last feeling that he didn't have experienced today had arisen: wrath.

“You talk about me but how about you?!You and David are the same. What was that talk you had about love? Do you really believe that a father does not love his own child?!!! "

He did it. He had shouted all his angst on Benjamin. Even David's share was spilled in the middle.

First Benjamin's eyes were boggled in amazement then his face gradually became expressionless.

"How...innocent....If not, ignorant. You aren't as much predictable as I thought you were I have to recognize it. But you are so naive that's pitiable. "

Agnes was still confused by his companion lack of anger. So his head couldn't work in anything to say in return.

"My beautiful comrade, do you even know what love is?" He malicious grinned. "If I take that you experienced love at least once in your life."

He had experienced it! He knew what love was.

He still could remember her gently hands as she slowly said words of comfort at their hardest times. Even when he almost died from sickness, she was there, supporting and taking him with her. And he would never forget her last words for him. "I'm sorry….”

Her eyes were covered by tears as she caresses his face.

“I'm....truly sorry...."

It...was love....Wasn't it?

Mother.

"See?" the comment took Agnes out of his daydreams, he got so bewildered that had stood up.

"See how absorbed you were?” Benjamin had a delighted innocent look on his face.

“I don't think you have the answer now for my question, but I hope to have it the next time we meet." Benjamin smiled as slowly stood up and approached the door that the reunion between the director, teacher and students were being held, as if he had just guessed the exact moment that it would open. And before the teacher could even full open it to call him or Agnes, he put his hand in the little opening made and casually entered the office. The teacher seem a little surprised, however he disguised it well and continued holding the door for the others student's leave.

Their appearance was horrible, just like they had come from a funeral.

Agnes wondered how dreadful their punishment was.

Five minutes later as if nothing had happened, Benjamin was out.

"See you later, Agnes. And don’t forget about my answer!" He displayed an angelic broad smile, his clothes were all dirty of mud, he had scratches all over his body from the previous beat up and his hair was probably ruined by now. But he was almost skipping as he walked.

As he glanced back before leaving the Director's study room, his white T-shirt, the same model as the other senior students but in a much smaller size, was sudden lifted by a sharp cutting breeze, showing almost all his back.

It was….

Bloody scars.

The director....Was he the responsible for these horrid wounds?

No.

They were old scars....persistently calculated made in the same spot. As if the truly intention was to leave marks.

"Agnes, right?” The Director had got out of the opened door "You may enter now."

-End of Chapter 5-

Chapter 6:

Agnes trembled in fear as remained dead on this spot instead of seating on a seat located in front of the Director’s table.

The man slowly walked in the space behind his table, looking at a writing board on his big hands. The window behind him reflected the beautiful last sun’s rays, which now was leaving to only come back the next day.

“So a Berwanger, huh?” Agnes nodded looking at his feet.

That was his new surname.

His family was quite known and well-off, they owned a famous textile enterprise, it supplied cloth for many little merchants from that country's village and its main purchaser and trade's ally was Benjamin's family enterprise.

Now he could understand their fathers ''current friendship''. But it still didn't explain everything. He wanted to discover anything he could about this matter, more he knew about his family, better it would be....but he couldn't bluntly ask it....

“Good, I’ve heard your family would be coming today..." The man put the board on the table and smiled. "It’s your lucky, Boy. Your father didn't leave the school yet, their last stop is this very room, and not even a shadow appeared.” The man gently added.

The talking progressed smoothly after it, the male's sweet tone was somehow relaxing, making Agnes more comfortable with the man and before he could notice, he was actually engaging in a conversation instead of monosyllabic answers.

In the end it was decided he would wait until his father arrival, and since he had stayed so long outside the Director's Study room, the man suggested that he visited the church.

"Go there, I’m sure it will make you feel better after all that commotion that you had to presence in your first time in the academic.” He chuckled.

"You know, Boy....you remember your father when younger....both you can get yourselves in the middle of trouble even when having nothing to do with it." The man was very kind, all the previous distress and worries were exaggerated, glad that the man understood his situation, he left the room feeling a little better with himself.

As they opened the door, a familiar blind lady was in their way, the compassionate man made a sudden fierce expression.

"My apologizes, I have some high importance matter to attend, I hope you won't find further difficulties to find the church, go straight then turn left." Saying it with the same soft tone previously used, he went to the woman. Agnes left them alone, feeling a little unsettled.

The boy didn't have further tribulations in finding the designed place. As he approached, an alluring melody was heard....a very common song....and it was piano....

He progressed toward the church as the beautiful harmony got even louder, when he arrived, he found a man seated near the piano. His head was dropped, fiercely glaring the piano's keyboards as his silky hair covered the most of his face. He was so engrossed in his thoughts that for some minutes, he didn't even saw that he had audience.

When finally noticing he wasn't alone, the man abruptly stopped his melody, he slowly lifted his head making possible to see the glitter emanate from his long wet eyelashes, two transparent threads poured from his eyes dropping in the instrument.

He....was just like a painting....it was....stunning.

Ba bump.

A sudden soft hubbub was heard.

Ba bump.

Again.

Ba bump.

Ba bump. Ba bump. Ba bump. Ba bump.

Agnes put his hand on his thin chest.

It was his heart.

-End of Chapter 6-

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 7:

Agnes was paralyzed when the beautiful creature looked at him. His hands were sweating, that annoying sound coming from his chest continued, so badly that he wondered if something would jump from there. He felt unbelievably dizzy.

The gorgeous male, rubbed his face and stood up from his chair going to him.

Oh no. Don't come near.

Agnes step back, ready for his escape.

"Wait, you are all red. Are you okay?" The man gently said, showing genuine concern for him.

"I'm....fine. Only a little sick...." His legs were about to give out. " May I seat for a bit?" Since running away was not an option anymore, he had at least to calm his body down until his father's arrival.

"There, sit on the pew. I will get some water." The man displayed an alluring smile as poured water on a glass located on the table.

"Black collar and white clothes..." Just like the teacher from before.

"Eh?"

"I-I me-mean....a teacher I saw before was using the same clothes as you sir.....I thought only students used uniforms..." He was stammering more than he ever did.

"Ah...." The man laughed softly. "It’s a special kind of clothes, only Bishops, priests and others clergy men use it." He gave the glass to the boy. “And no Sir, I’m not that much older than you!”

"Bishop...." He blinked mesmerized before the new learned word.

"Not me" He kept chuckling. "I'm just an apprentice"

His strange symptoms hadn't stopped but he was better, he noticed a familiar bucket of paint on the corner where the little table was. Probably, one of the students left there after the commotion. This church, was old but still prudish, it had a good maintenance but it probably was expensive. The old-fashioned mosaics, beamed enlighten by the sunset.

''Son! Are you there?" John quickly entered the place, going direct to Agnes. "I've heard what happened...are you alright?"

Agnes smiled to his father and nodded.

"Hello Ariel." David who was quiet at the door of the church said expressionless.

"Mr. Gainsborough!" John thrown his hand to the unsettled male "Long time we don't see each other! How is your father?"

''He's going very well, thank you for your concern.'' Ariel displayed an angelic smile as gently added.“So….it's going to be night soon, you should go before it's too late...."

"Very well, but I want news from you! Come to our house for visit this weekend if you have time and….” John blabbered like mad, making the man shrunk, he was excited again just like in this morning.

After almost one hour of chatting, they left the church, Agnes was relieved that he could finally go home but at the same time a little disappointed to leave the beautiful stranger so soon.

That night, when he was seated on his bed, about to blow the candles and go for one more night of sleep, three little knocks echoed on the door. Agnes kept staring the door waiting for his mysterious visitor.

"Geez....The minimum you can do is open the door..." A gloomy dark haired boy entered the room.

-End of Chapter 7-

Chapter 8:

David.

"I will go straight to the point."

"What happened today? I'm sure it involved Ben." Seeming the unmovable Agnes, he decided to talk without delays.

Agnes blinked startled. "What?"

"We met him today in the middle of our way to you, he was all beat up and I've heard rumors saying that you were in the middle of a mess with some 'third years'....What did you do with Ben?"

Seeming the usually expressionless always blasé brother getting so worked on, Agnes couldn't help to be curious. "Why do you ask me? Didn't Benjamin tell you himself? "

"He....didn't told me....we know each other for years...but sometimes he gets like that. Stays quiet, refuses to say anything...." He furrowed his brow in worry.

That was a first time for him to see expressions on David's face so colorful as now and probably would be the last for a while. With this in mind Agnes decided on saying what happened on afternoon. Maybe who knows it could improve their brotherhood.

After the story, David sighed. "Incredible as ever….” Agnes nodded in agreement.

He glanced at Agnes in disapproval and sarcastically remarked. "….And you could only observe as he acted, truly the most coward action I’ve seen.”

"Yes. He's thousand years better man than me." David got startled by the sudden comeback and the way his brother looked at him, it didn't sound like the same boy who only kept staring as the woman was in danger in the previous told story.

"I'm not surprised if he despises me" Agnes dropped his head as recalled that afternoon and the answer he would have to give. He didn't have any clue of what to say, that part, of course, was omitted from what he had told David, he felt like it wasn't necessary to tell.

David shrugged "He is always like this, I've only see him be truly gentle with his mother so don't be too sad with the rough treatment" He chuckled as seated on Agnes's bed. ''Well, it's not like that's his first time engaging in this pointless conflict anyway.''

"It...Is it a frequent occurrence?" David glared suspicious at him, he decided to change the subject.

"So the man from before....the....Bi-Bishop....Are our family close to him?" He asked hopeful.

"You mean Ariel? Well...he is closer than you can even imagine" Now relaxed, David seem pretty comfortable to change the subject.

"Yeah... Father seems to treat him somehow...different....Is he some sort of relative?”

David laughed at the boy’s sharpness, he really didn't seem the type to be attentive to little details but he was mistaken, the boy was smarter than he looked like.

"He's Ben's cousin."

"I see" Agnes relaxed his shoulders...so that was it.

"Hey I didn't finish yet!" David pressed his hands on the bed, leaning towards Agnes.

"And as you guessed, he is pretty intimate of our family. Shiny eyes, the future husband of our sister must have our most respect, don't you think so?"

Agnes froze on his spot.

-End of Chapter 8-

Chapter 9:

His arms hurt.

His legs hurt.

.......His back....

...throbbed in pain.

Benjamin was lying down on the floor trying to not pass out as the huge fight happened before him.

IT’S NOT MY FAULT!!!

Hurt.

You are the one always sleeping around!!!Am-am I really your wife?

Hurt.

No. hahaha.... The Berwanger must be....

Why does it hurt that badly?

....He is just a child.....I won't do it anymore so please.....

Why....so much pain.....

His back...is bleeding....why do you do this....he is....your own child....our child....how can you do that.....

Pain...Pain...Pain...Pain.Pain.Pain.Pain.

Woman. Is that................what you really believe?

Just kill me.

"Young master.....Young Master!! Wake up please it's just a dream!"

The boy suddenly opened his eyes abruptly siting on his bed.

"Ouch.....hurts......" The wounds of last time hadn't healed yet, and just when it appeared to be closing his rough movements made it reopen and start bleeding behind the big sized bandages.

“It was only a nightmare, I'm waked now. You may leave."

''But....'' the maid was truly concerned about him, she was a gentle woman, he clearly saw that, however he was not.

"Just leave already. Or should I have you fired for disobeying your master's orders?" He coldly replied. The woman shivered and quickly went to the door.

"I'm sorry...." She bowed and left.

Why do you insist on this? Want make me play the evil guy that bad? This kind of dream happens almost every night, so why this half-assed kindness?

"Ouch...." The blood now had spread in the bed, he chuckled like a fool as he recalled how the wound was made.

The door was brusquely opened, a tiny person entered.

''I already said....''Benjamin grumpily uttered.

A woman with light skin and grayish hair immediately came to him.

“Ben, are you okay? I've heard shouts from your room my little bird" She smiled as approached the boy.

"Look at these...." She gave a small yell "Since we received a call from school I feel like things got worse Ben....How can they bully my pitiful child....We must talk with that school again.” She stood up decided, ready to carry out her verdict, when Benjamin grabbed her arm.

"No. Stay here, mother. I'll feel lonely if you go....you are the only one for me aren't you?" He softly smiled.

"Yes. I am and always will be the only one for you my beloved son." She hugged tight the boy and they stayed like this for some time before he went to school.

Some weeks had passed since that previous incident. The beat up he had sustained was quite moderate but it wasn't not even half of what he suffered after he got home that day. However, it was just a routine that Benjamin was already used to anyway.

When he entered in the schoolyard a whole bunch of classmates surrounded him, talking about all the trivial things that happened while he was staying home ‘recovering’.

He was considered an idol by the most younger, the same age students and was respected by the older ones, his fame had already crossed the whole school, his deeds went to confronting despicable students to teacher's demoralization and the most curious thing….he always managed to get away not matter what he did. He was considered a defensor of justice.

Silly them.....He didn't care for justice, the weaker or whatsoever...all his magnificent deeds....he just did what he wanted. Plainly for his selfish desires.

He enjoyed the taste of humiliation of those arrogant creatures. Their hypocrisy tempted him. He plainly liked to trample over their pride and make them stand on that very same dirty floor as him. So because of that fact, thanking or revering didn't have the slightly tingle of emotion in him.

The solely reason he hadn't been expelled from the school yet was because of his family influence. He laughed at the obvious fact, that even so, was hidden with so much effort. His laugh was well received by the cheerful classmates that continued more and more their stronger complements of admiration.

Now the class was about to start, he finally had the time to avoid people and kill the remained class's time lying on the grass, like he always liked to do.

A beautiful brown haired boy appeared at the corridor, his green eyes shining like stars, his thin arm was holding class materials.

He fiercely stared at Benjamin as bit his button lip, heading to his direction.

He was that boy. John's adopted son. Why he was staring him so intensely?

Oh...right. He had challenged the boy the last time they saw each other....if he was not mistaken....what was love's question huh....

Heh. How pathetic.

That day, because of the beat up he was feeling pretty lightheaded and teased the naive boy. Probably how the guy was, he had taken it serious. What a bother.

Very well.

He looked straight at the boy.

Tell me your answer. Probably one more of that morally correctly answers after all. You're going to say how wonderful love is and continue that old sick thing you jabbered before.

".......Do you really believe that a father does not love his own child.... "

So....foolish. The first time it was understandable but if you give me one more of these ignorant comments I will make sure you can't walk tomorrow.

Agnes stopped a few centimeters from Benjamin and slowly opened his mouth. The two sides of it started to tremble as his glance diverged to the floor and to Benjamin and kept repeating this pattern again and again.

What the hell? How long he was going to make others wait? "Hey....."

Suddenly the boy turned around and started to walk fast.

"What the....Wait!" Benjamin shouted stupefied.

He watched the boy run away from him like people did from tuberculosis sufferers until his shadow disappeared in that long corridor.

After some unsettling minutes. He uttered almost inaudible.

"This....." He started to walk in the same path as the hurried boy used not long ago.

"It's going to be fun...."

The corners of his mouth jerked up making a wicked smirk.

-End of Chapter 9-

Chapter 10:

......That day.....

.... If I had paid closer attention to the affable advice in that refreshing day of my youth....

Maybe things would be very different.

Stupid! Dumb!! Why did you have to run!!

Agnes rubbed his face in worry as seated on a stone under an old huge tree. Its worn-out leaves falling vigorously under the stool, and being rapidly spread by a dry breeze over the entire place.

He felt like he only could do the most stupid things when saw Benjamin.

The first time, he was determined to talk with him and say whatever he could came up with, even if it was not very different from what he thought before, he still would say it. Love was supposed to be a beautiful thing....even if he wasn't sure how exactly explain it, he would pay his debit and do what he compromised. If that's so, why did he run away every time he saw the boy? Since the first time it happened he couldn't stop it anymore, every single time that he walked into Benjamin his feet would move and he soon would be the farthest he could from the boy.

It wasn't easy to avoid Benjamin, their classes were neighbors so every interval they would 'stumble' on each other. The strangest thing was that since that day, each time he run, Benjamin would follow him smiling, he would go after him until he was visible tired, then he would stop, give a sort of smirk and go to another way.

Two boys running like crazy surely catch the attention of the other students that started teasing him, asking if he was playing hide-seek or if he was beat up and was too scared to face it. The rumors and speculations only grown out of control, even David was asking what was wrong with him. And to his infelicity Agnes felt too embarrassed to tell him the truth, irritating his brother and making their new brotherhood broke into pieces.

He knew the answer. So why…

"I'm sorry….”

Stop. He rubbed his face even harder.

“I'm....truly sorry...."

Why are you apologizing?

Mother...loved me. I’m sure about that.

"You....understand, don't you? I can't afford to lose him...It's not like I don't like you..."

"Arghn" Agnes slumped dejectedly against the huge tree.

"Your own mother didn't even named you...do you know why?"

An old companion from streets looked him at him, as if was surprised but the same time amused.

"For not attachment."

Agnes starkly hit his head against the elderly tree, his thoughts were wandering way too much, why should he recall such bad memories? Everything was good as it was before. He just needed to not think too much about it....

No. I have to overcome this. I want this answer.

"Why the long face?" A familiar blind woman approached him.

He tilted his head surprised. Oh it was....That lady. He had to go away soon. She still might be mad at him for what had happened before.

"What is bothering you, Youngster?" Before he could make the slight movement, the woman seated on the same stool.

"Nothing...Miss....I...." Too late to try to appear fine, he lowered his head trying to hide the obvious reddening from his eyes.

"I- I don't know......There's something I don't....what's wrong with me....." He uttered hoping his voice hadn't showed his anguish.

"I feel like falling in hell when pursuing an answer for a question but even so I can't stop thinking about it. It never happened before, so I don't...know what to do....What love is......I know what it is...I knew what it was....before…."

The woman hearing the nonsense blabber plainly glanced him, however the way she looked was as if she was seeming much deeper than her eyes allowed to.

"You simply do not know what love is, Dear." Agnes slightly opened his mouth as if was shocked. "No. More like....you thought you knew but when faced with the question you discovered some deeper issues that even you weren't aware."

"How..."

"There's not a 'how', Youngster. That's just like mind works, you were convinced of something and avoided to think further about other possibilities. Furthermore, if they were painful, your mind automatically erased all these matters from your concern. "

Agnes didn't understand what the woman was saying. ''What?''

"Basically, it means you're maturing. You're leaving your previous state of illusion to grow up and face the problems head on."

This part he understood.

"Everybody experience it one day. So don't need to be so tormented about it."

Agnes sighed in relief. It didn't resolve his problem but he could see she was a very wise and discerning woman, even if she said some odd things as well.

"However....."

"I've seen people like you before, you are more prone to self-alienation than other people so be careful to not let yourself be buried by your own beliefs. Remember, the most comfortable or easiest path is not always the better one. Don't be so self-willed and see what's around you, or else you might lose something important someday."

''I don't....'' Those words were sensible, yet he still couldn't grasp the whole meaning. What she aimed saying those? But at least he understood what he need, so no necessity to be concerned any further. He had to worry about his current situation and nothing else.

-End of Chapter 10-

Chapter 11:

"But you're still in the beginning of your life so don't beat yourself that badly" She gently said taking Agnes out his stupor.

"B-But, what can I say to him....I..... Even if I don't know what love is, I met somebody...and for the first time in my life.....”

He felt so weird, since the day he met that delicate man in the church, he got funnily excited every glance he could get of him in the school, but at the same time David's conversation weighed on his mind making his heart ache. He was his sister's fiancé, this arrangement was set years ago and it would officially join the families making the business run even more successfully.

"Wait, wait, boy." She said taking a blue colored tissue from her bag "If you don't go slower I cannot understand."

He took the piece of cloth out courtesy, he knew she couldn't see, so it was understandable if judging the insecurity of his voice, she thought that he was crying.

He explained the best he could the school incident, his meeting with the mesmerizing male in the church until the nowadays occurrences.

"I'm sorry....I couldn't do anything to help you....I'm truly...." The woman put her hand on the boy's lips.

"Don't say it, I don't blame you, I spotted you merely because I thought you at least had to suffer some scolding for staying there" She soft laughed "But I didn't imagined that you would feel that bad....You are a very adorable young man " She pinched one of his cheeks.

"Ouch....Eh?" Since he had come to this new life, It was the first time someone had referred him to be older instead of treating him like a little child.

"What? You must be around your 15's? The people on this era have this bad habit to treat everybody under 18 as if was still a child, why do you think that older students suffered such a severe punishment while you and your friend got out untouched?" Agnes nodded. So it was like that.

"I can't blindly take you for a child and don't see your guilties, however, we cannot exaggerate" She smiled showing her decayed teeth.

He stared perplexed at the sight of her teeth, it wasn't uncommon to people lose teeth, but that vision remembered Agnes about some previous thought.

"Lady, I'm sorry if it sounds rude but have you suffered from Tuberculosis?" The woman suddenly became serious.

"...Have you ever had contact with this disease before?" Agnes nodded. He understand how painful it was, and how difficult was to survive to all symptoms.

"I had when I was younger, I had this disease after a trip, and as you can see, I've lost my sight after a high fever provoked by it.....one thing about people is...after you finally survive to all the horrible sickness, they don't acknowledge you for it but feel disgust or fear to get it" She seems stuck in deep thought.

"Yes, I know might sound absurd. Even when the disease already vanished, people still seek distance from you, even people of your own family. I think you are lucky to not have many sequels"

Agnes eyes boggled in surprise.

"Did you think I hadn't noticed these poles on your hand?" A large smile blossomed from her face.

"How...."

"That time I passed the tissue" She winked.

Agnes smiled and both them happily laughed.

Suddenly the woman stood up "I need to go.....spent too much time here, my brother must be searching for me by now."

"....The Director?" Agnes shot a guess.

"Yes, my smart cutie pie" She once again pinched one of his cheeks and started to go to her designated place.

"Oh and one more thing, youngster. The feeling you told me about...that symptoms you have felt when encountered that man.....It is the prelude for love, Dear." Saying her last words she left.

Agnes stayed there for some minutes in deep thought.

It somehow made sense but still....why for a man? An image of his father and Benjamin's together suddenly flashed, Agnes shivered.

No. I have to make sure what I'm really feeling. I have to meet him once more.

He didn't have the solution for the unknown feelings of his heart but at least he knew what reply to Benjamin now.

-End of Chapter 11-

Chapter 12:

....Since the first time....

...that single moment I've laid my eyes on you...

...I should have known.

I would never be able to go back.

Benjamin was lying on the grass, his new colored hair fluttering in an arid and hot breeze, he waited for the end of the class as looked at the sky when a shadow overlooked his sight.

"So you have my answer already?" He slowly opened his eyes, glancing at his new toy.

Agnes was glaring at him, serious he said. "Yes, I won't run away any longer."

"Good" He clapped his hands as seated on the grass "Tell me then." He smiled.

True to be told, Benjamin still didn't care for his answer or whatsoever. What interested him were the boy's reactions. No matter where he run Benjamin would go after him, it was settled.

"Love....I don't know what it is."

"Heh" Benjamin snickered. Of course he didn’t.

"Wait. I didn't finish it yet." Agnes protested.

"I really thought about it all this time since you asked me. At first it didn't sound so difficult, but later I caught myself greatly distressed over it…so much that...." He suddenly gave a pause, breathed out and continued. "And reflecting about what you said, I was naive."

"Before, I used to delude myself that I was loved. Before coming here....before I was adopted… I…. lived with my mother and she was my only family. Despite of this fact, I'm not sure if she even loved me. She took care of me for some time but when I was twelve, she sold me for money.”

Benjamin was now expressionless, and was attentively listening the boy.

“That time, she had a lover, he and I didn’t get along very well. But I never thought….” He stopped, and then continued his narration.

“He asked her to choose between me and him…..And she decided on him, discarding me. She always had said that she loved him, but I can't understand how she could even like someone like that. He treated her very badly, so regarding why she liked him so much, I don't understand.”

He paused again. His features got more rigid, he appeared older than ever seen before.

"After I was sold, I was forced to work in market until I managed to run away from my 'benefactors'. I stayed wandering in the streets for a long time and because of that, I witnessed the cruelty of the world. You know Benjamin....people say that they feel pity for the less fortunate, they declare that would like to help… but when they see someone in the streets, they quickly avoid them. They ignore their existence. The poor and the sick are considered outcasts in this society. Even if it is not public declared, still is clear as lipid water, people seek for their disappearance. I saw people be burned alive before, Benjamin. That's because they were only sleeping on the wrong floor. For me, there's no true love in this world. I've never seen it before and I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes."

Benjamin eyes sparkled.

This guy....Might not be what I originally thought....He might be the same as me.

...If that's the case...then...

"But I want to change."

Wait. What?

"I think I'm here for a reason. This place ....this sacred place.....will help me to find my answer. I believe I can find the truth. I know it will take some time but I'm sure that I will able to truly find beauty in people and will be able to know what love truly is."

"Maybe the Bish-" he suddenly stopped talking and turned his head away, Benjamin could swear that he saw the corner of his cheeks red.

What….the heck he was talking about?

"I-…” He paused. “I've seen the scars on your back, Ben. You have a heavy burden just like mine."

He was....perplexed. He had never found someone so alike him. But why he appeared to be so different as well?

"What are you talking about...." He managed to utter.

Agnes stirred his hand to Him, waiting for a hand-shake just like sealing a promise.

No.

"Benjamin....Lets work together."

Even if you say it like that....

"I think that…doing it, we can...."

I can't.

There no true love in this world. So why do you try to find a path? This Sacred place? Bullshit!

...I...

....detest you.....

Yet I admire your perseverance....you refuse to give up. Despite of being so scarred you try to move on.

Heh. So naive. Yet so.....pure.

Just like a trapeze artist, Benjamin walked blindfold in a thin thread. He helpless rambled in that line dividing disgust and admiration that he felt that moment. Torn between these emotions… so distinct yet born from the same reason. He couldn’t help but wonder. Would he fall?

However, he knew. He knew that if he kept walking there, he would fall for sure. That was a fact.

If so, where he would fall?

No.

No matter where he would fall, he would break...

He wouldn’t change. That heavy feeling on his chest....

"Benjamin?" Agnes was still there waiting for his reply. "You are so pale....Are you okay?"

He wouldn't fall. No matter what happen....

"Hey...."

This boy....he didn't know how to treat him anymore.....

"Ben...."

Don't rush....I have to think.......so.....

Agnes put a hand on one of his shoulders.

Benjamin instinctively slapped it off.

Looking at the surprised face before him, he coldly replied.

"Do you really think… We are the same?” He displayed that same disdaining smirk.

“Too soon for a newbie like you be my equal. You are an ignorant after all. That's why your mother has abandoned you.”

"...I....don't....."Agnes hung his head, biting his bottom lip.

A twinge of guilty stung on Benjamin’s heart.

No....didn't mean......It was you....that....

Two threads of tears poured down his face, Agnes turned away, quickly disappearing behind one of the huge pillars. Leaving Benjamin motionless standing on the lively green grass.

-End of Chapter 12-

Chapter 13:

If you wanted something so badly that you were willing to do anything for it....

Hey Ben....Would you still do it?

...You would right?

A month had passed since they started school.

And weird things had happened since it began. Benjamin was behaving weird. Not he had been always so comprehensive, but nowadays he was unintelligible. He was chasing Agnes no matter he went just like a dog pursued a cat. Everytime he saw that stupid boy, he would go to him and the twit would run like mad.

Damn what the heck were they doing...

David could only boil in anger as watched the boys getting along 'so well'. They somehow had developed a kind of bond since that time they went to visit school. No....even before that, since the first time they saw each other in Benjamin's house.

Ben....why are you smiling so much when you see him....you don't even notice it....but I've never seen you so happy before.

David bit his thumb nail.

"David! Where are you?"

David glanced his mother, she was stunning as ever, she was wearing an outstanding and surely costly dress....one more of her vast collection.

"Oh there you are." She affectionately smiled. "Hurry David, you have to get ready for school".

She was a good woman, always made sure to hurry him and Kirsten to school, never let them skip meals and always paid attention to their growth.

She was also pretty understandable about their father's situation, he always left in the middle of night twice in a week to handle ''business'', even so she supported and wished him farewell smiling. She surely knew his affairs, but never once she complained about it or like some madams did, never tried to find a ''mistress'' like her husband. Whatever all that endurance was for moral principles or plainly pride, David still found it quite admirable.

She even had to cope with a random child her husband decided to pick up in streets....

"What are you doing David? Stop daydream and go to school already!" She ordered impatient.

He knew how much she had to endure, because of it David was obedient to her, differently from how he behaved towards his father.

"But Kirsten is not here yet...."

"Your sister is a little sick today so you are the only one going."

And like always....she purposely ignored Agnes. And it made David feel refreshed, especially nowadays.

He entered the carriage and seated beside the brown haired boy.

"Morning, Shiny eyes!" He teased. He knew the boy felt unsettled by that nickname, every time he heard it even if he pretended that it didn't matter, David could easily see a flash of burning rage on that big rounded green colored eyes. Shiny eyes. It couldn't fit better.

The boy didn't even flinch, he stayed in that same position as if hadn't even noticed David presence. David lifted one of his eyebrows.

Strange...Shiny eyes is unusually tired today...huh. Well whatever, is not like it’s my concern anyway.

As soon as they arrived to the school. A frail attractive man walked to them.

"Good morning, students" He displayed a bright smile.

Agnes blushed as looked at the floor "G-Good morning!"

The male softly laughed.

What's wrong with him? Can't even say a proper greeting?

David smirked as said. "Greetings Ariel."

"Greetings, David." The male respectful said.

If was somebody he couldn't stand was this very man. He might appear to be amiable but as David could see from his father's example, the kindest the person is, more caution is need.

He and Agnes continued their path, and as if one coming after another, a yellowish almost green haired boy stumble upon them. Benjamin hair had become like that since the incident on their first time in school. David grinded his teeth. It was all because that fucking Shiny eyes again.

"Agnes....I...." He started.

The called boy, turned off and left Benjamin in the middle of his speech.

How rude!

"Hey! You! "David was about to go after him, when Benjamin grabbed his wrist.

“It’s between me and Agnes. No need to intervene David." He said it half joking half serious, in the same attitude he always had.

Why Ben. Do you always hide these things of me...since Shiny eyes came…you are always....

As they walked, David spotted one of the gigantic mirrors of the hall. It was broken today. He stopped and kept staring at it for a while, a track of blood seems to be present in the object. The corners of David's mouth lifted.

"Heh. Don't tell me that you are wandering around breaking glass, Ben? It wasn't like this yesterday!"

"Who do you take me for?" Benjamin chuckled at the joke. "See you later" He carefree waved his hand and went to the outside field.

"Bye, Ben" He waved back.

I won't you let you be alone with Shiny eyes, Ben. I make sure to make things like were before.

He thought as watched his friend's back.

........................................................................................................

After classes ended David searched for Benjamin and as he had imagined, Benjamin was looking for that twit.

"Humph." David silently cursed as his childhood friend insisted on his foolish search for that ungrateful boy, even ignoring his suggestions to leave.

"Ben.... he probably isn't in school anymore....and it is already too late, let’s leave."

"You can borrow my carriage, David. I want to resolve this matter today." He was worried like never before. That shitty Shiny eyes. As if he would leave these two alone.

David would make his life a hell. He just needed to wait when he went back home....Shiny eyes....

They looked for him everywhere, but still weren’t successful. In the end, since they were wandering so much, the director passed and asked for them to deliver some books for his office. Benjamin got pretty agitated and to avoid further problems, David agreed. They headed to the office, each with a pile of books.

"Shit! Why should we do it for that old geezer?"

"Oh shut up! I also didn't want to do it but...Do wanna create more problems with him? I don't think you can't save your ass twice" David and Benjamin laughed. That was how their friendship worked. They didn't had much tact, plainly saying whatever felt like.

They passed by the church and when were about the reach the Director’s study room....

"What's this voice…." Benjamin bend his head, glaring to the church entrance.

Damn. That brat was in the church.

"That's nothing, let's go" David grabbed his friend's arm as hoped that it wasn't too late to drag him out.

"Bishop...."

"That's....him!" Benjamin serious exclaimed going to the door direction.

"Wait Ben, When can't go there! We have to finish the Director orders!! "David pleaded putting himself in front of Benjamin, trying to deviate him from that path as much as he could.

Benjamin smirked upon the commentary and ruthless headed to the huge door, opening it with one of his freed arms.

"Damn...." He cursed. Benjamin was pretty strong. He managed to take David out his way with only one of his hands as the other hold the heavy books. David was in the same situation, with one of his hand occupied, but almost fell in the floor for the sudden push. He could only hopeless follow after his friend trying to convince him to change his mind.

Two folks were in that place but they were so close, that at first glance it was difficult to discern if it wasn't one person seated in that long pew.

That was....Ariel and....Agnes.

Benjamin dropped his books.

How…wonderful! He didn't need to worry so much after all.

David shameless displayed a victorious grin.

-End of Chapter 13-

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 14:

I....I must be an idiot after all....

Agnes was seated on the comfy chair, waiting in the carriage for his siblings. Usually it was a pretty common routine, and their purpose lateness was nothing that Agnes had difficulty to bear. He always had to arrive earlier, If he, one day happened to arrive there even a second after the scheduled departure time, he knew that they wouldn’t make the slightly effort to wait for him. Even if he went his way to complain about the obvious injustice or unfairness of that, things would only get worse. Nonetheless this upsetting situation, he had others things keeping busy his head. He was feeling awful, since last time he saw Benjamin, everything had gone astray.

In that moment, he still could recall how dumbstruck he was, after hearing those gelid words.

“Too soon for a newbie like you be my equal. You are an ignorant after all. That's why your mother has abandoned you.”

Those specific last words pierced his heart. Not on account of their harshness or freezing brisky manner. But because of the crude truth that those displayed, he didn't want to see what was clear as a day. Right in front of him, as days passed, his mother’s behavior had become ever stranger, she had exponentially decreased the spent time in their house. The outcome was blatantly obvious, so why did he ignore the signs? He opened his heart, thinking that if there was someone who could comprehend him, it would be that person. However, to his dismay, he couldn't be more mistaken. The worst outcome had come and he just wanted to get himself buried in the deepest hole. Why did he think that Benjamin was the same as him? It was obvious that it wasn't the case.

He had the urge to never see him again. But for his disappointment, the boy seems to be looking for him, every break they had, he would call out Agnes. No matter where they were, he would shout out his name and ask for some of his time. It wasn't easy to avoid the boy. So just like he had done until now, Agnes would run the farther he could. And for his surprise, Benjamin didn't insist on following him.

He didn't need to think about it anymore. Whatever Benjamin wanted or thought of him wasn't his business anymore, he had his own matters to resolve. First, he had to create an opportunity to meet that man again.

"Good morning, students"

Agnes was cut off of his thoughts. He was so absorbed that didn't even realize when they had arrived in the school. He slightly remembered to have seen David enter the carriage, but further than that was very unclear. Standing before him, was the man who he had been dreaming almost all his nights, moreover the one that he had decided to engage in a conversation and understand his strange 'symptoms'.

Agnes looked at the floor. "G-Good morning!"

He was feeling so stiff. Talking to him after so much time....

The male softly laughed, making Agnes even tenser. Did he appear that self-conscious?

"Greetings Ariel"

"Greetings, David." The male respectful said.

Agnes glanced over the man as he went away. He would make sure to leave the class before it ended and speak with him, no pain would come out of it.

Agnes and David smoothly continued their path, when as if one coming after another, a yellowish haired colored boy appeared before them.

Benjamin.

"Agnes....I...." He started.

I don't care what you going to say to me. Just leave me be.

The briskly turned his shoulder as started walking away. He could feel the fiery gaze on his back as he made his way to his class.

.............................................................................................

Fortunately for him, the teacher responsible for the last subject of the day, had had a particular problem and couldn't minister the last class. Cheerful, for this sudden development, Agnes got out of the class at a warp speed to the church. With some luck he would be able to see...him.

Agnes stopped his route on the door step of the ancient church, he glanced at the door and after some minutes, he slowly sneaked in the place.

For his delight, the delicate man was sweeping the floor when he opened the huge door.

Agnes bright smiled. "H-Hello I'm sorry if I'm bothering but....Could I get some advice?"

The man displayed a friendly expression. "Of course you can, that’s what clerics are for. I'm only an assistant so I can't formally enter the cabin but it doesn't mean I can’t attend you as friend". He put the broom away as kindly smiled indicating a seat on the pew.

"Ah..." Agnes gasped upon glancing at the male's hand. "Are you injured? Your hand is all bandaged."

“Oh....no, I'm alright. No need to worry about me, here take a seat" he gently knocked the pew. "Now, let me hear your troubles."

Agnes felt extremely touched as seated and started his speech "I'm a little worried.....I...don't know if I should say it...but I'm feeling unfamiliar symptoms....for a male."

The delicate man fixed his gaze upon him. "Which are the symptoms?"

Agnes explained his situation, drawing back the part concerning the male before him.

"I see.....So you are feeling like this...." He mumbled as with as talking more with himself than with the boy right before him.

"I don't see any problems for feeling that way, Agnes."

"Really?" Agnes looked hopeful. So he didn't feel disgusted by that thought. "Do you think....that’s all right if I...." before he could proceed, the male interrupted serious.

"After all, True love shouldn't be suppressed." Agnes's eyes glittered. He called it....true love....it must be it after all....

"Oh and one more thing, youngster. The feeling you told me about...that symptoms you have felt when encountered that man.....It is the prelude for love, Dear."

Of course....that was it!

"Bishop...I- I the person I...." He was feeling so dizzy as the first time he entered that very church. His hands trembled, his cheeks felt so heated and just like an oven, that place was unbearable hot.

"I.....Do you think.....Am I going to be somebody important in the future?"

He did it. Completely diverged the subject to something totally unrelated. He was feeling worse than the last time he saw Benjamin. How he could waste a golden opportunity like that? Who knew when he would meet him alone like that again?

"I...." He wanted to go back to subject from before but it was already too late for it.

To his astonishment and pleasure, what followed next was rather unexpected, the male before him displayed an alluring expression, making the atmosphere completely different from what was before.

"My beautiful...I’m sure you will grow to be a very important figure." The charming man declared as delicately pressed his thumb against the teenager’s chin, keeping his face slightly up.

His transcendent skin seems to spark together with the glittering inner church mosaics. It was almost immoral the way it appeared in his slightly opened robe, but somehow it seems so stainless...clearly....immaculate.

"Bishop...." The youngster whispered. As leaned his face on the man's hand.

In the man's face he detected the same thing that appeared on his eyes. It was...longing....

He put slowly put his thin arms around Agnes shoulders, making him shiver from the closer body contact.

That development was so shocking....but it wasn't bad. The only issue was....what would come after it?

The male pressed him even tighter against his body and he felt something pressing against his pants. That was...

The door immediately opened and two familiar boys appeared.

The first boy dropped everything that he was carrying, which appeared to be some worn out books. He didn't care hide his bewilderment before the scene, making Agnes and Ariel quickly break apart their close intimate proximity.

The second one seemed unusually happily, beaming a smile from ear to ear.

The third and the last, the man who was embracing him not long ago, was pale as a ghost.

Agnes was disconcerted. Caught off balance, he didn't know if he should feel flustered, upset, troubled or even annoyed.

Benjamin, who had an expression as an enraged savage wolf, advanced upon their direction and forcefully grabbed Agnes's arm, taking him off the pew and completely separating him from the slender clergyman. He briskly took him out of the church, leaving the rest of members behind perplexed in amazement.

-End of Chapter 14-

• 3 months later...

I feel sorry for Agnes for being naive but I admire him for his (searching for love) and not giving up

I sense that Ariel faced a REAL painful past

I'm curious about what Benjamin is going to say ^_^

Thanks for sharing ^_^ I will stay tuned for the next part :)

@

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Agnes is indeed so naive.....I hope develop more his character along his long path xD

And also develop his search for love and get soon to the real message behind the story.

Yeah -Nods Nods- Ariel has a tragic past....haha I'll post soon more about him~xD

Yay Thanks for reading, I'm going to go back working more on this plot so I can turn it back into a weekly/biweekly release~^.^