Why are we always together?

blade3

Character Sheet

Name:Sasuke

Appearance:Black spiky hair, red eyes, tall, masculine, wears a white long-sleeved shirt, open at the torso, with a smaller version of the Uchiha crest on his collar, wears dark blue pants with a blue cloth hanging from halfway up his stomach to his knees. He also wore a purple rope belt around his waist, tied in a bow, in which he carries his sword.

Personality:Confident, stubborn, tough, mean

Sasuke.png

Sasuke walked through the streets of the village with an angry look on his face, giving everyone a death glare it made them feel intimidated, people shivered at the sight of him as they tried to avoid walking too close to him. Sasuke had not been eating right since the end of the war, he felt weak and he rubbed his stomach as it growled. The sky had turned grey from it raining all day, the weather had been terrible all week and his clothes were wet and the sun forbid to shine. Sasuke could hear people whispering to one another and talking about how the pass few days have been crazy. Sasuke sighed a bit as he looked around at some of the markets for something to eat as he moved through the crowded street. He had then seen the noodle shop in the distance that him and Naruto use to eat at, it had a big sign on the front of it that said closed. He smiled a bit at it, he was sort of happy. He didnt have to deal with Naruto asking him to eat there with him anymore. Sasuke then realized out the corner of his eye Sakura was walking his way, trying to approach him, "Sasuke Kun~!" He sighed hearing her voice and cringed as he quickly started walking this time trying his best to avoid her. Even after the war Sakura was cheerful as ever and he didnt understand it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• blade3

Name: Naruto Uzumaki

Age: 17 (Since its after the war I think this is the more appropriate age time for them)

Personality: Always acts very happy and cheerful around everyone, whether he knows them or not. He thinks every deserves a second, even third chance, especially his childhood rival and friend, Sasuke. Though he still acts carefree and happy, on the inside, the war has greatly changed him. With the loss of so many friends and comrades, his will of fire has diminished slightly. He hasn't lost it, but he's often off by himself now, less around the others than when he used to before the war, often by himself depressed and everything.

Looks:

Naruto2jpg.jpg

Naruto was off by himself again, just like every other day. He stood in the graveyard honoring those shinobi who lost their lives in duty. So many people had died, a new graveyard was set up, to honor those specifically having fought and lost their lives during the last great war that just recently ended. And though the five great nations won together, a lot had been lost and suffered by each. The leaf was slowly rebuilding itself from so much damage, but it was clear it would never be the same. Sighing heavily, Naruto bit his lip as he turned his gaze away from the thousands of stone heads, and he turned to keep walking. He wasn't walking anywhere in particular, just letting his feet carry him, wanting to be alone. He was alone a lot lately. And his comrades had noticed, but were too afraid to bother him. Sakura tried, but he always pushed her away, or acted like nothing was wrong. Everyone loved him, considered him a hero of the war, but that didn't make Naruto feel any better. He couldn't protect everyone. That was the truth, despite what others tried to say.

As he was walking, he stopped, realizing he was at the training field where he and his team had their first training session together. The lesson with the bells. Naruto frowned in reminiscence as he sat down on a bench overlooking the field, replaying that day and their time together in the field, the three of them fighting separately for one of the two bells. He remembered how much he and Sasuke fought back then. As a team though, they grew closer with each mission. Until Orochimaru had shown up, and ruined everything about their friendship together. Naruto frowned to himself, just sitting there and completely spacing out as he reminisced.

"Sasuke Kun~! Where are you going!? I need to ask you something!" Sakura went from speed walking to chasing after Sasuke, she then slipped from the ground being wet, screaming, her heart race increased and she grabbed the back of his clothing to break the fall. The dark haired male eyes widened as he suddenly felt Sakura fall on top of him making him hit his face on the ground. "Sakura! You idiot, WHAT do you want?" He asked angrily pushing the other off of him as he rubbed his bruised cheek.

"Sorry about that..." She said softly trying to catch her breathe, feeling a bit relieved, she looked up at the dark clouds, seeing lightning, she felt small drops of rain on her face. She then dust herself off as she stood up slowly, "I have to give Naruto something..todays his birthday, do you know where he is? I havent been seeing him lately...I'm getting worried."

"No, I dont know where he is and I could careless.." Sasuke stood up on his feet glaring at the pink headed girl and tried to get the dirt off of his clothes from when Sakura fell on him.

"Well..Im going to go find him, can you please come with me?" She frowned a bit, shivering she jumped a bit from the thunder, "I dont wanna go by myself..its getting dark and its cold.." Sakura begged with a pleading look on her face.

"No, forget it.." Sasuke rolled his eyes at her and bawled up his fist, "I was going to get something to eat, why do you always have to bother me in the worst of times?!"

"Well fine, whether you come with me or not, I'm still going to go find Naruto!" Sakura glared at him pushing him out of the way as she ran off to find him.

Sasuke groaned and sighed as he ran after Sakura trying to help her, "Stupid girl.." Even though she irked his nerves he always felt like he should still be there to help her. She was his teammate and he felt like it was his duty to make sure nobody kidnapped or tried to harm her. Sasuke didnt think about Naruto too much, he didnt really understand there friendship. He just knew he couldnt stand seeing the sight of the other no matter what he did.

"Sakura..look, if you havent seen Naruto eating, or pigging out at a buffet.." He ran his fingers through his hair a bit, "Hes probably sitting somewhere thinking by himself...he does that sometimes." Although Sasuke couldnt stand the other he knew him all too well. Sasuke shook his head a bit and muttered to himself quietly as he proceeded Naruto with Sakura following behind, "Dobe..."

Naruto sat by himself, slouched on the bench he sat on. He found he reminisces a lot lately, thing about all his friends, btoh alive and dead now. It would always be the same, feeling their lives on his shoulder. Naruto was always a self-bearer, he never wanted to trouble anyone, either with his own problems, or their own. So he always took on everyones problems, he ended up always having the weight of the world on his shoulders. Thats just how he was. He sighed, tilting his head back as he heard the clap of thunder and flash of lightning "I should probably get going..." he muttered to himself, but he made no indication of movement, bright blue eyes staring up at the darkened clouds, creating a storm together and the rain falling to the ground. The rain seemed to start pouring hard out of no where, not even a warning of droplets at first, just pouring hard rain. The rain soaked him to the core, running over his face as tears slowly slipped, thinking of his dead comrades. There was the pervy sage...neji...countless others.

About the date, Naruto had completely forgotten it was his own birthday. If he had remembered, maybe he would have realized thats why so many people had been looking for him that day. But he just hid from them all. He wasn't in a mood for attention today - which was rare of him. Usually he soaked it up, loved the attention and hanging out with friends, laughing and joking around with them. None of that seemed as important anymore, though.

Sasuke looked around a bit, and then tried thinking harder about where he could be at. He really wanted to go home, it was dark and his body was soaking wet. He knew Naruto was a thinker and that he was probably thinking about everything that had happened in the war. He then stopped himself in his tracks, "Sakura.." He turned around to face her, "I think...Naruto might be in the graveyard."

"How..do you know that?" Sakura frowned, she didnt understand why the other would be at a graveyard on his birthday and she placed the present back her pocket doubting that Naruto would want it right now. She trembled and Sasuke even started to feel a bit bad himself that the blonde was spending his time in a graveyard, "..Hes probably been going there everyday, it wouldnt hurt to look." Sasuke went to go find the graveyard and Sakura followed behind him.

"There he is.." Sasuke pointed, he grabbed Sakura's hand and appeared behind Naruto within seconds, the rain started to lighten up, not coming down as hard anymore. Sakura then hugged Naruto tightly, squealing from excitement, she was so happy that he was alright.

"Naruto! I found you!" She snuggled him and Sasuke looked at the two with a blank expression and started to feel that Sakura was being in denial. To him she sometimes acted like the war had never happened and then she was always happy.

Naruto was just sitting on the bench, off in his own world as he thought to himself. He sighed softly looking over the countless stones. So many lost lives, from one war..it saddened him to death to see all the stone heads. Each one a reminder of every person and every comrade he couldn't save. He would constantly blame himself for not being strong enough, despite others trying to get such ideas out of his head.

Naruto was so lost in his thoughts, he didn't heart the two teammates appear behind him. Not until he was hugged tightly from behind and he heard Sakura's loud voice. He blinked a bit "Sakura...?" he questioned, looking over his shoulder at her and he offered a smile, snapping out of his depressed state easily for his friend, so she didn't worry more about him "Hey, how are you? You even brought Sasuke along..." he trailed off, looking to the indifferent looking male beside them. He was surprised to see him there, trailing along with Sakura. He turned his attention back to the pink haired kunoichi, smiling "whats up?" he asked, having completely forgotten i was his own birthday.

Sakura smiled a bit squeezing the water out of her hair as she moved it out of her face tying it back, "I got you a present for your birthday..your 18 now right?Of course I didnt forget, your very important to me Naruto." Sakura knew she had not seen Naruto in a while and she put a necklace around his neck, it was something on it that related to friendship with his name on it, she didnt want him to forget that she was still there for him. "I also..know that you like to eat out for your birthday buddy."

Sasuke looked at the other realizing he did look a bit older now since the war was over, he knew he should probably tell him Happy birthday but he wasnt in the mood for saying anything, he also knew the half demon didnt celebrate it much anyway, "So...somebody's not having a good day today?" Sasuke tried bugging him a bit, he could see that the blonde was faking his happiness.

Naruto blinked a bit in confusion "My...birthday?" he inquired but smiled a little bit "Ah, it is today, isn't it...?" he trailed off, letting the other click the necklace around his neck. He smiled a bit, grasping the charm of the necklace to see his name and he smiled a bit "Thanks, Sakura" he smiled, pulling her into a soft hug. His eyes brightened up a bit more when she mentioned food, and he grinned a bit "Ah, really?? So are you paying then, since it's my birthday?" he grinned, back to his childish sort of self. He glanced over, seeing the familiar raven haired male.

"Is Sasuke joining us?" he asked curiously with a smile "I think that'd be great....the three of us eating together like old times..." he trailed off with a smile. It really would be nice if they could. That might be Naruto's favorite part of his birthday this year - if Sasuke would allow it. Knowing the cold Uchiha, he would probably try and get his way out of it. He raised an eyebrow as Sasuke comment, and frowned a bit. The other seemed to be able to see right through him. Quickly turning it around, he smirked "Ah, you mean yourself? You're so grumpy, how could you ever have a good day, Sasuke?" he teased the other.

"I actually got somebody to let you eat whatever you want for free at this restuarant, hes a pretty good friend of mine..and yes they have a lot of noodles there." Sakura smile and ruffled the other's hair, stroking it. "Oh Sasuke..?" Sakura put her finger on her mouth, "Hmm..he did mention how he was hungry earlier.."

"No I didnt.." Sasuke folded his arms trying to deny it, not wanting to eat with Naruto but then his stomach started to growl loudly again, "Look..dobe, I only came all this way because Miss. Sunshine was scared to go by herself.." Sasuke rolled his eyes at Naruto's comment as he crossed his arms, "Well..atleast I dont have ADD and an addiction to Ramen." Sakura smacked Sasuke in the head, "Dont you do that, today is his birthday!" Sasuke cringed and then glared at Naruto, "I'm hungry as fuck...dont think too much of it.."

Naruto grinned a bit at the sound "Great!" he hummed, rubbing his stomach "I already feel starving" he grinned. Then again, knowing Naruto, he was always up for food. He smiled a bit when sakura said how Sasuke had been saying how he was hungry, and he smirked a bit when Sasuke tried denying it "ohh, really?" he hummed, looking at Sasuke and just smirking a bit as the others stomach growled "I think your stomach has decided for you. You're coming with us~!" he grinned, deciding for the other that he would be joining them.

He rolled his eyes at Sasuke's stubbornness, going on about how he only came because Sakura was scared, and continuing on to insult him more. He really didn't let it bother him at all though, knowing how Sasuke was "Sure sure" he said and smirked "But if you came because she was scared, that means you cared enough about her to come along" he teased with a wink, chuckling as he playfully elbowed the other on the side "Come on, I'm starving, lets go! Sakura, lead the way~!" he chimed, letting Sakura head off in the direction of whatever place it was, and he happily marched along behind her. He did glanced over his shoulder to make sure Sasuke was following, and smiled a bit "Come on Sasuke...you know you really want to come" he said softly with a kind smile, before turning back and continuing on.

Despite how all the other villagers treated Sasuke, Naruto didn't act any differently than when Sasuke first went rogue. He missed his comrade, and continued to treat him as such, not acting like the Uchiha had tried to plan vengeance on everyone and thing that got in his way. Just like how the villagers treated Sasuke differently than they did before the way, they were the same with Naruto, but on opposite aspects. It's like they had switched places. Before the war, everyone mocked, made fun of, or hated Naruto, thinking him weak and useless, and most of all, a monster, because of the kyuubi inside of him. Whereas with Sasuke, before he left, he was idolized, praised and looked up to by many, fawned over as a strong and smart shinobi - girls fawning over him constantly. Now, after the war, it was Naruto that they all loved and looked up to as their hero, who they loved, and Sasuke being the one they hated and viewed as a criminal and monster.

But just the same, there was probably one thing that hadn't changed between the both of them; they were still lonely, whether they showed it or not. Naruto knew the only reason the villagers loved him now was because he was the hero, the person who saved them and all. Whereas thats all they loved him for. They were just taking sides on who was the winning person going up in the world. They didn't give two thoughts of him before, when all he was was a jinchuriki, whereas now he was the jinchuriki that saved them.

Sasuke ignored Naruto knewing he was right about wanting to help Sakura, he didnt want her to get hurt. Sasuke thought to himself how lately he didnt really want any of his teammates to be hurt again, he didnt know why and he sort of envied Naruto for always having a happy spirit in the worst of times. He also realized that everyone in the village seemed to hate his guts but he didnt give a damn. He just wondered why after everything he did to Sakura and Naruto,they still seemed to want to be bothered with him. Sasuke looked up from the ground and turned up his nose at Naruto, "What the hell are you looking at?" Sasuke stayed behind away from the other and followed after Sakura. He wasnt use to showing affection to them and he didnt understand why he was even following them. When Sakura got to the restaurant the people in it were already welcoming them from outside, especially Naruto. They helped him sit down, and the person Sakura mentioned was a cook, his name was Kamin, he smiled brightly at Naruto, "Happy birthday Hero!!" He hugged him happily wanting to thank the other, "You are very special.." They had a lot of people hugging and greeting Naruto, the whole restaurant was packed and cheering for him. Once they sat down at the table Sasuke felt claustrophobic and looked at the menu with Sakura sitting all the way in the back near a window, he wished this place wasnt so noisy.

"What..would you like to eat Naruto?" Kamin smiled brightly as his green eyes lit up, he couldnt believe he was serving the blonde, "Sakura..also got you a cake..but I think you rather eat first, right?" Kamin's eyes widened in fear as he heard a lot of commotion going on in the back of him, Sasuke saw a bunch of females screaming, charging and trying to make there way to their table. He stood up fast, Sakura and the waiter hid under the table not wanting to get hurt, and he shot them a death glare daring them not to step one more foot and run him over just to get to Naruto. All of the girls immediately stopped running, you didnt hear any more screaming, they whimpered a bit, cursing Sasuke under there breath, some of them even fainted from Sasuke scaring them shitless. They slowly walked back not wanting to invade his presence.

Sakura slowly crawled from under the table with Kamin, "..How did you do that? I really thought they were gonna run us over.."

Sasuke rested his head on his hand a bit as he looked at the red head waiting patiently for him to take his order, he wasnt gonna have a bunch of fangirls get in the way of him eating,"Now..as I was saying, what would you guys like to eat?" Kamin mainly looked at Naruto.

Naruto rolled his eyes but smiled at the other "Nothing, idiot" he chuckled smirking as they headed into the restaurant. He flinched a bit, giving an awkward smile as everyone was greeting him and cheering for him. This was how it always was lately. WHich is maybe why he more enjoyed being along, more than ever before. Though, he did still love the attention. Attention he had always wanted since he was a kid...finally, people were starting to respect him, and really see who he was, how great a shinobi he was. Though they hadn't been there at the start for him, when he most needed people, and was most lonely.

Stepping over to the table they were given, Naruto gave a small smile to the waiter who was clearly more than excited to see him and serve him. He opened his mouth, about to speak, when more screaming came, twice as annoying as before, being all shrills and high pitched screams. Fangirl screams. He winced, cowering in the corner before Sasuke scared them all off, and he let out a deep sigh of relief "Thank god...I dunno what you just did, but you're a lifesaver, Sasuke" he said with a smile to the friend he was sitting beside. Glancing back to the waiter he ordered practically every type of dish of ramen that there was he could order.

Sasuke looked at the menu as the waiter took there order, "Great!" Kamin said as he took Naruto's order he then looked at Sasuke and Sakura, "What would you guys like?"

"I want some rice balls, some steak with a lot of rice on the side and a glass of water.." Sasuke said as he then looked at Sakura, "I think..I'll just have a bowl of Teriyaki chicken and noodles.." Kamin bowed befored them and left to go make there orders.

Sasuke stared down at the table playing with his chopsticks a bit still thinking, "Naruto..I hope you have a good birthday," Sakura smiled a bit at him blushing a little, lately she found herself starting to become more attracted to Naruto than she did with Sasuke. Sasuke sort of noticed it sometimes but he didnt really care, he kind of wondered why he had never had been in a relationship in the past, but then again he was confused sometimes about his sexual orientation, meaning if he was gay he would never probably admit it. Naruto was the one that was usually there most of the time to help him and he never understood that, even though they did get in fights most of the timehe was used to hanging out with the other. He remained a quiet thinker as Sakura kept trying to talk to the blonde.

Naruto just grinned a bit, proud of his order, which was a good percentage of the menu he had ordered. He listened to the other two order, smiling a bit and nodding to the waiter "Thanks, Kamin!" he said with a smile as the other had left and gone to put the orders in and start making them. Naruto sighed, leaning back on his hands, glancing around seeing majority of the people in the place staring at him. He shifted a bit uncomfortably. Though he always wanted respect and attention, this was a little bit too much of what he expected, and it was a little overwhelming.

He lifted his gaze to look over at Sakura when she spoke up to him. He smiled a bit and nodded his head "Yeah, it's great. I"m glad I could eat out with the two of you. Even you, Sasuke" he said with a light smile to the male, looking to him. He cleared his throat, rubbing the back of his head. He awkwardly changed the topic "ah, uhm, anyways....just how many people did you tell I was coming here?" he said, referring to the welcome entrance, the fangirls, and all the people staring at him.

"Ah..I guess too many people," Sakura said as she started sweating a little, Sasuke then looked over at Naruto, "Cant..handle the pressure huh? Such a big baby.." Sasuke mutter to himself, he liked how nervous the other was getting and he waited for Kamin to come back, Kamin and a bunch of other waiters came back with their food, mainly ramen noodles and handed Naruto and the others there food. Sasuke felt a bit sick from seeing Naruto order so much noodles, "Thats so gross...you know you cant eat all of that." Sasuke held his stomach hearing it growl, he picked up his chopsticks and slowly started eat his food trying to ignore the fact that Naruto was gonna eat all of the bowls. "Hmm..I wonder if hes really gonna stomach all of that.." One of the waiters asked curiously glancing at the blonde, "You know he wont...eat all of it,"Sasuke said folding his arms once again as his studied his teammate. The waiter then thought about something interesting, "Naruto since you like food so much...do you like to do eating contest?" Kamin asked, Sasuke glared at the waiter a bit trying to see where he was going with this, he didnt want Naruto eating a bunch of ramen in his face.

Naruto blinked a bit, flinching at Sasuke's comment of insult to him, and he clenched his teeth, glaring at the other "What'd you say, teme?!" he growled, narrowing his eyes at the other. It was clear he was ready to fight the other - just like old times, how they would always get in arguments. He held his fist up, as if to prove he wasn't bluffing, but Sakura was trying to get him to calm down. He didn't listen to her, though, when the food arrived, he did let it go, calming down as he relaxed back into his seat, letting out a huff of air. He smiled at all the ramen placed in front of him "Itadakimasu!" he said excitedly with his hands together. Picking his chopsticks up and breaking them apart, he was wolfing down his food in seconds, practically inhaling it.

He blinked a bit, pausing in his eating as he looked up at Kamin who spoke about an eating contest "Huh?" he muffled with a mouth full of ramen. Finishing chewing and swallowing all the food in his mouth, he looked to the red head "An eating contest...? I suppose...though, only if it's ramen. You'd probably have more luck asking Choji into an eating contest" he grinned a bit, thinking about the larger male, but then realization hit him, and his eyes saddened, "ah, right..." he muttered off to himself, remembering Choji was no longer around, having lost his life in the war "Well, never mind" he said as his gaze saddened over, quickly going back to eating his food to distract his thoughts.

As the three of them were eating Naruto focused on eating his food. He could hear the employees of the place talking, whispering amongst himself about just how much he was eating. "Well, I guess maybe it's like a pregnant woman? He eats so much because he has to feed that demon inside him too?" He frowned a bit at some of their thoughts, but Naruto had learned well to ignore things and comments like that, trying not to let them bother him, even though they really did inside. He'd befriended Kurama, and whether he was a tailed beast or not, it was part of him not, so if they called Kurama a monster, that was pretty much calling Naruto himself the same. It made no difference, though the people were probably too naive enough to notice.

Sasuke stopped pestering the other for a bit realizing that him mentioning Choji did something terrible to Naruto, he looked at the other and punched him in the arm playfully, it kind of broke his heart seeing Naruto so down. Kamin didnt ask Naruto who Choji was, realizing something about this kid messed with the blonde's emotions, "If you do an eating contest..you can win a prize, you need a friend though..I guess you can do it with the fiesty one."

"What did you just say?!" Sasuke got up from his sit having Sakura pull him back down, "Come on Sasuke..you and Naruto make me feel like babysitter sometimes."

"I'm not doing that shit..thats disgusting,'' Sasuke growled at the waiter rolling his eyes at him, "That prize is probably lame.."

"What..if its a weapon?"

Sasuke soften his gaze a bit, "What kind of weapon?" The waiter stretched tiredly, "You wont know until you win.."

"Your wasting my time.." Sasuke muttered, cursing under his breath, "I'm still cold and I wanna go home.."

"Of course you cant beat Naruto..not even to eating 1 bowl of ramen," Kamin tried to get Sasuke to do it with Naruto, he wanted people's attention, knewing Naruto would probably like to eat it anyway, "If Naruto wins..he can eat whatever he wants here for free, I have more types of ramen noodles he can eat..he can even keep the weapon if he wants."

"This is so stupid..'' Sasuke hissed at the waiter,"I can beat Naruto at ANYTHING...isnt that right dobe?" Sasuke didnt care he got sick from eating the noodles, he just wanted to prove to the waiter that Naruto was not all that like they want him to be. He grabbed one of Naruto's bowls and starting eating it, you could see the pain in his face that he didnt like the taste of it.

"Ok then..I'll go and get some more." Kamin smirked and left the 3 alone.

Sakura shook her head at Sasuke keeping her distance, "You better find someone to take care of you after this.."

Naruto blinked a bit, snapping out of it as Sasuke hit him in the arm. He narrowed his eyes, glaring at the other "What was that for, teme?" he huffed, though, actually enjoyed it and was a bit thankful for the Uchiha to make him snap out of his depressed daze about Choji. He just rolled his eyes at the other, before glancing to the male as he continued on about this eating contest "A prize, huh?" he asked, glancing to Sasuke as he got fired up, but then started to seem a little interested in whatever this prize awarded to the winner may be. Naruto just smirked a bit. Like the other could even beat him in an eating contest, let alone ramen.

Naruto smirked a bit as he could se how Kamin was purposely leading the Uchiha on and getting him all riled up "Huh, so you think you can beat me?" he said smirking, watching as the other didn't even wait for another word and just snatched one of his bowls eating it. NAruto had already eaten three bowls. He smirked "You're on, teme. You're gonna lose" he snickered, already in a much better mood as he grabbed another bowl and began devouring it. Not only was he a faster eater than the Uchiha, but he actually enjoyed the ramen, and could eat it for hours. He pretty much had a bottomless pit when it came to food.

"Why you little..this is so pointless!" Sasuke pushed the bowl of noddles off the table being unfair, he was frustrated, he stood up grabbing Naruto by the shirt, "You think your just so much better than ME dont you! Well let me tell you something..your not!" Kamin came back with some more noddles to see that Sasuke had created a big mess, "Hey you little brat..dont throw stuff on the floor, I didnt let you come in here so you could create a disaster! he shouted, Sakura sighed, not liking the fact she was stuck between the two imbeciles, "Waiter can I...please get some cheesecake?"

"Sure honey.."One of the waiters left to go get her desert, Sasuke was still screaming at Naruto, so when the waiter came back she couldnt even reach it to Sakura because of the two and she tried leaning it over to her.

"Sasuke move!!" Sakura tried climbing over the other to get her desert, when she did this she accidentally pushed Sasuke causing him to kiss Naruto.

"Got it~!" Sakura shouted happily as she sat back down proceeding to eat it, she was so distracted by the cheesecake that she didnt even pay attention to what she had done. She just realized the restaurant became strangely quiet, Sasuke shut up and she lifted her eyes to see what was up. Her jaw suddenly dropped as she realized what had happened, dropping the fork on the table she saw everyone was staring at them and Kamin was even shocked. "Oh my God.." Sakura turned pale and her eyes widened.

Naruto blinked a bit when the other suddenly got so frustrated. And he thought he was the one with the short temper. He blinked, looking to Sasuke before stumbling as he was yanked up and grabbed by the collar of his shirt. He glared a bit at the other "I Never did think I was better than you, Sasuke. You're the one with that insecurity" he said, remaining calm, a dead serious look in his gaze "I was always the one chasing after you, trying to catch up to you. You were always better, always stronger than me, Sasuke" he glared at the other "Now, just because I helped win the war, everything has changed. I didn't win the war. Everyone did. Yet everyone still treats me differently. You treat me differently. I didn't plan for it like this, Sasuke!" he glared, getting emotionally frustrated with how everyone viewed him now that he helped win the war for the leaf and everything.

Naruto continued to argue with Sasuke, not even hearing the waiter complaining about the mess that had been made, or Sakura trying to get her dessert. He continued to argue with the long life rival of his, until the male suddenly was pushed into him and they kissed. Naruto's eyes snapped wide open as he just froze, not knowing what to do. He finally shoved the other away, pulling back from him "W-what hell do you think you're doing, teme?!" he shouted with a glare at the other, though a faint blush of embarassment on his face.

Sasuke was hearing everything Naruto was saying and he softened his gaze a bit, realizing the other always did try to catch up with him. His eyes then widened when had kissed the other,"What am I doing?! Sasuke had never kissed anybody in his life and he couldnt believe how nice that had actually felt, "I-I didnt mean to do that dobe! Sakura pushed me.." Sasuke pushed Naruto back glaring at him, his face was flustered, he didnt feel the same towards the other anymore and he became ashamed of himself. He couldnt believe that he had actually kissed the person he hated most of his life, something deep down inside told him that he actually liked Naruto, "That was disgusting..." From the moment on things changed, "Get out of my face.." Sasuke got up from the table and left out the restaurant.

Kamin couldnt believe what had just happened, "These kids are crazy.." He just started cleaning up the food off the floor, "Naruto..look, you can still eat here whenever you feel like it, if you want, you deserve it..just dont bring your psycho friend."

Sakura's eye twitched, she couldnt believe Sasuke did all of this on Naruto's birthday, Kamin then tried to change the subject, "Do you want some cake..?" He tried to smile, nervously laughing as he scratched his head.

Naruto glared at the other, flustered with a red face from embarrassment, not knowing what exactly to make of the situation. He yelled and accused the other, but really, Naruto couldn't help but think of how much he had actually enjoyed the feeling and action. That thought only caused him to blush more, and take more of his confused emotions out on the other, to try and hide such a fact he had enjoyed it. He glared back at the other, as he accused Sakura of pushing him - which probably had indeed happened, and sounded fairly plausible. But that didn't change the fact it still happened, and that Naruto liked it.

But then the other went on about it, saying how it was disgusting, and to get out of his face, as though it was his fault. His eyes widened slightly, confused as to why those words seemed to hurt so much more now than they every had before. Sasuke always insulted him, it was normal. But for some reason that time the words effected him more than usual. He scoffed, turning his head away to cover his eyes and face so the others around him couldn't see him.

Hearing Kamin's words, he nodded his head softly, slowly sitting back down "Uh...yeah, sure" he said, putting on that usual fake smile of his he wore a lot lately, smiling to Sakura "After all, whats a birthday without some cake?" he said with a smile as he looked to Sakura, trying to ease the girls clear frustration with Sasuke as well.

"It'll blow over, dont worry about it Naruto..Sasukes just not use to showing any affection." Sakura smiled as some of the waiters sung "Happy Birthday" to Naruto, she to as well ate some cake with her best friend. Sasuke blushed slightly as he walked back home, he wished that had never happened, however it wasnt raining anymore for once, he gasped a bit in surprise, "I cant believe the sun finally came out.." Sasuke went back home to take a nap, his clothes were much dryer and his hair was damp and curled up. He was really tired from everything that had happened and he fell asleep.

Sakura hugged Naruto and stroked his hair a bit, "I hope your okay Naruto, I'm a bit tired today, lets go home after this okay? You can even bring the rest of your cake home.."

Naruto looked up at Sakura and smiled a bit at her comforting words. He just nodded a bit, agreeing with her "You're right, thanks...Sakura"he said with a smile. He had been completely oblivious as to how Sakura had grown more of an interest than just friendship and comradery, as a teammate to him. Being the oblivious idiot he was, he had no idea. And it was rather humourous too, since in the beginning of the formation of their team, Naruto had been trying everything he could to get Sakura's attention, and to get her to be interested in him. But he didn't know whether it was because of the war, or because he had feelings for someone else now, he didn't know, but he was no longer interested in the pink haired friend and teammate of his. He was curious why, and wondered. Ever since his determined search for Sasuke, he kinda forgot about the pinkette. He became more and more obsessed with Sasuke, but he figured that was just because he was trying hard to find him, and bring him back. The thought didn't even cross his minds that it could be because he'd actually grown more of an interest in the Uchiha.

As their dinner ended with the cake, Naruto smiled to his friend, hugging her back "Thanks Sakura, you really are a great friend" He said, before they went their separate ways. He took the cake Sakura left with him - after all, he wouldn't pass any food up, especially sweets. She had even gotten his favorite cake for him.

Sakura left Naruto and Sasuke went to sleep, he slept all day, he then remembered that him and his teammates actually had to do some training tomorrow in the evening. And he groaned a bit covering his head with a pillow not wanting to remember that. He didnt want to go outside tomorrow and hoped it stormed all day so he couldnt. As Sasuke slept he started having strange dreams about Naruto and he whined up waking up in the middle of the night to change his sheets. He hated himself for dreaming about him. He wished Naruto wouldnt haunt him like that, he most definitely did not want to see the other, it made him angry.