Inochi Darou Ga.

STATUS ►
Completed

TYPE ►
Oneshot (PROLOGUE)

WARNING ►
Angst, Psychological

AUTHOR NOTE ►
Hm. I am getting older in two days, kinda. I suppose I always feel the need to 'create' something before I turn the new-age-page. Whenever I've written before, I'd always put a bit of my personality in my characters. This time I decided to write a short story where the lead is actually - myself. Enjoy.

SUMMARY ►
"...The story writes itself, I am just a typist."

I suppose once you turn at certain age, you have 'certain things' you understand and some you don't. I am twenty-two-years old, and I know two things about myself. I like silence, and humans is what I dislike. Never really was curious about people's personal lives, nor I wanted to get close to them. If there was a syndrome of solitude, I'd rather call it 'the syndrome of the tormented one' - or is there such?

A rather tall young male entered, at first sight, in a messy cabinet. However, the way he scrolled around the room seemed he could manage in the chaos. Even though there were huge piles of papers on the desk, he knew exactly where the desired papers were placed. With a smooth reach he pulled the documents off the pile, keeping its balance untouched. The free hand reached up though to massage the bridge of his nose - the usual headache.

His fine brows formed small curves, expressing his discomfort. Without giving it a second though, he found his way to sit down the chair, behind the messy desk. His eyes dulled into the disorder around the room and returned back onto the papers in hand.

They say disorder on work place means disorder in heart. I wonder what that has to do with the life organ.

A sigh escaped him and his back leaned against the chair.

Perfectly neat people suffer discontent with their current life. If 'order before strangers' is what they call 'the ease of heart', whoever said that must be some nine-tail-fox hypocrite.

With his attention glued to the papers, the male got lost in between the lines.

SHIRA MUNEKAWA

Salutations Mr. Nishida,

I am Satamoto Kirima from the crime department in LMR. We are currently
in need of a professional crime psychologist, to help us with a certain case. 
Below I will explain all you have to know in brief, 
I will also attach the culprit's profile review made by our psychologist.
However, none of them were able to complete the order given from 
our higher administration. We do know you don't work under contracts 
and you are free to choose your cases, however, 
we assure you the reward will be satisfying.
-----
The subject has been arrested under codex 14:3, 
for breaking the law and committing a series of very serious crimes.
The subject has confessed guilty however refuses to state where 
the body of his last victim is. The case is currently reviewed by the
higher administration of the local court,
but as stated we need the help of a professional. Our request is to have 
a few sessions with Mr. Shira Munekawa
under the watch of our agents. We will assure your safety as it comes first.
You can review his profile and email us on the pointed address. 

Respectfully,
Satamoto Kirima

His eyes returned on a certain line and he paused his gaze, face features though spoke of nothing but blankness.

"All you have to know", huh. So I suppose there are things I have to know not.

He threw the papers on the desk and a sigh escaped him once again. The young brown-haired male didn't even bother to review the profile attached to the letter. His eyes dulled again into the space, nothing in particular. An abrupt raise, he walked up to the wall where his calendar was hanging. He tore the March sheet and let it placed on the small table next his left.

Right. We are July already.

His forehead leaned tiredly against the calendar smooth paper, the cold surface felt good against his, tortured by headache, forehead. As he just closed his eyelids, the door was opened suddenly.

- Mr. Nishida, you have a gue-... - the secretary paused, seeing her boss in another weird doing. She was getting used to it, but never she could keep up with Nishida's randomness. She saw him sleeping on the windowsill once. That time she thought he was about to commit a suicide, but the male seemed to love sleeping on most impossible places. - You have a guest, sir. - she repeated.

The brown haired male slid eyes open and retreated from the wall.

- Let me guess. From the crime department.

She got briefly lost but then nodded,

- Yes, sir.

- Let them in.

Faster than I thought. I guess this is what Roosevelt would call 'determination'.

Once he found his lighter in the desk's drawer full with empty ones, his eyes rose to welcome the guest.

- Thank you for the hard work, Mr. Nishida.

- Likewise. Mind if I smoke?

- No, go ahead. - the male in a neat suit found his way to the chair located right in front of Nishida's desk.

As the brown-haired male lowered his gaze to light the cancer stick, two facts engraved in his mind.

Neat but yet didn't bother to tie his necktie correctly - or he can't. Might be because single.

- So, Mr. Nishida. I suppose you have read the papers we sent you two days ago.

- ...Yes..- made he a short pause - ...and no.

- ..Excuse me? - the male didn't get if it were a joke or not.

- I read the beginning, more exactly.

- You haven't reviewed his profile?

- Is it a must? - Nishida exhaled calmly as rose his gaze and fixated it on the other male.

- In general, yes.

- I don't read other authors' works, if I want to write a new piece of mine. - he got off the chair, to make a turn and gaze outside the window, - The chances of unconsciously duplicating the plot are high.

- I understand. However, the profile is something you should read, so you are prepared for the case.

- I never stated I'll take on the case. - another exhaled spiral left his lips, the headache was enough to put him in a bad mood.

- I understand. However, our department stated we are ready to pay you-..

- Say, how long have you worked in crime department? - Nishida cut off the male and made a spin on his heel.

- ...What this has to do with the case, sir?

- As you can see, I am young. I am pretty sure you already have read my profile as well. You think the usual procedure will work, once money are involved. I said it before, what you read is not always what you should take for truth. How long have you worked in LMR?

- Two years and half, sir.

- That makes you around twenty-eight-years old. Not bad, you've made it far up until now.

With a startled look, the male couldn't even stutter a word but the question was obvious.

- This is my usual procedure, and it seems it works on you. You wonder how I darted? It's a simple mathematical question. - with his back leaning against the window side, he dulled his gaze into the male - Now I took the lead, do you think you can manipulate me into your affairs and make me take upon the case?

- ...Fair enough. If that was all, I will take my leave. - seemingly annoyed the male rose from his seat and headed for the exit. While Nishida simply stared, his only parting words sounded amused.

- But I never stated I wouldn't take on the case.

The neat male turned around, with a frown to find an amused grin on Nishida's face.

- Seems the profile missed some important points when it comes to your personality, Mr. Nishida.

- Seems so.

- I will let the administration know.

Once the other left, Nishida put the cigar out and swallowed the bitterness down.

This is what the world came to. Unjustified or justified, we are enslaved by money. And freedom is just an obscured idiom used in cases where hope is dead. Determination to break free, ends up with being broken. I wonder what mad mind was broken by the system now.

Shira Munekawa, huh.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saga

• YLover

• Emo-Lightning-No.6

• E.r.o.s

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

-Blinks as I stare at the end- is over?....-blank stare- NO WAY! U CAN'T JUST END IT THERE! -glued to screen- I wanna know what happens next....-pouts-