Looking Mirror/Ignorance Isn't Bliss/Lost Children/--Persona AU

Teesie

The younger leaned into Isaan's side slightly and sighed softly. An excuse? Yeah...he remembered doing that when he was younger, always tried to make something about a bad situation positive. He did it a lot when their parents fought before the divorce. He looked up into chocolate eyes, and he knew exactly why his mother did what she did. Ruu's panic attack, the one that put him in the hospital...she was scared it'd happen again. The silver haired twin knew it was either that or she was scared that maybe Ruu would want to go and live with Isaan and their Father instead. He didn't know what to tell Isaan, personally...which one was better to understand? Which one would maybe make the other feel better.

>Tell him both ideas.

>Tell him about the panic attack, he'll find out anyways.

>Tell him about the idea about Anya being scared of Ruu leaving. The panic attack might give him the wrong idea.

He didn't think he was ready to tell Isaan about the panic attack yet. "I...," He began softly, "I think she might have been scared...scared that maybe I would want to leave her, to go live with you and Dad. In some ways I was all she had left, and she probably thought that her working all the time would make me want to leave...so maybe she didn't want to give me reason to leave."

"To be truthful...I think if I was given the choice I still would have stayed with her...I didn't want to leave her alone...but I still wanted to see you...be with you, talk with you, and she and Astaat took that away from me...whatever her reason I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive them for that," He explained, gripping tighter at Isaan's hand. Those letters from his brother were the only things that made him happy after the divorce for a long time. Ruu didn't have friends, not really, when he lived in the city, and Isaan was his only friend, and not only that, his twin brother...so to loose contact...to loose their relationship, was hard.

The younger pressed more into Isaan's side, blinking away tears, trying not to get upset again. This...this was just too much for him to take in at points. He had never felt both so angry and so sad all at the same time. "...I once asked her why I couldn't call you to see why you weren't writing, and she told me that you were probably too busy, or that she all ready tried and the lines were down...," He muttered, head resting on the other's shoulder, not even sure why he said it himself...he just felt angry, and betrayed, and was going over all the other events in his mind...thinking about all those times he was lied to.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

The shadow grinned, eyes locked with Erin's. "What's wrong? Scared? You were always a coward, you always tried to act so strong, but you're always terrified. You're always thinking about what ifs, always looking over your shoulder. Why? Why is that?"

"Shut up," The brunette whimpered, holding tighter to Arish. He didn't want Arish to know...he didn't want the other to know how messed up he actually was.

"Is it because your step father always hit you, beat you? Why did he do that...hmm, oh yeah, you're a bastard child, you're the result of a fucked up one night stand your mommy had while she was still married. Your family was much better off until you came into the picture, now your step father drinks and your mother's always just so sad," The shadow sneered, "No one will ever love you, you always fuck it up somehow, right? Your damaged goods...look at me damn it! Look at your own damn reflection!"

"You're not me! You're not!" He screamed, green eyes wide in panic, trying to hid in Arish's chest...this was just a bad dream, a really bad, fever induced dream.

The thing took a step closer, appearance becoming slightly more demonic, "Why are ya hidin' behind Arish, huh? You're just as scared of him as you are of everyone else! You're scared that one day he'll realize how disgusting you really are! Scared that once you two start having sex again that he'll become just like your step father, and start just using you for the fuckin'."

Erin just shook his head weakly, holding back a soft sob. He wanted it to stop! He just wanted it to stop talking! "You're not real...stop...stop it...," The brunette whispered, hiding his face deeper in Arish's chest.

"Ha...I am real...I am your shadow, the true self!" The twisted reflection cackled, the darkness around them beginning to surround it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Teesie

• cheshireArtist

Arish with a losing groan, grabbed onto his lover with a tight grip. He himself had had a shadow of the sorts approach him, but never have it acted like Erin's. This was a dark, enigma that was waiting to harm them. Leaving was the most he could do since fighting the entity-like creature wasn't an option. Arish would surely lose if acting upon those actions. Ruune and Isaan had to be there with him, ready to destroy this being before them.

"Erin, you have to accept it. That is your shadow it says. Listens you can't deny yourself Erin. Everything it says is true and you know it; you're just too afraid to admit it. I won't think of you any different I promise you. I can sense the more powerful it gets Erin. Listen to me." The older male fussed, snatching the thin brunette from the bed to drag him from the room; since the monster continued to approach.

The wooden floors cried with each step, Arish groaning as he rushed from the hall. The shadow was making their surroundings unbearable. Who knows what the entity was able to perform yet it become stronger. Quickly withdrawing his phone, Arish wrapping the smaller male in his arms, the dark haired persona user called up Isaan.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Isaan hummed in delight, giving a genuine smile at the other, although his face was shadowed by his hair, which was shaved in one side. "I wou'd call ya' a lie, but dat story sounds convincing. Maybe you're right. Maybe moth'r didn't wantcha' ta leave. She wou'd have been lonely all on her own; lost. Why da hell wou'd she at least not explain dat to you? People mistake silence as a way of speech. I never understood why. Whenever I have a problem on my mind; I let it out. I see no reason in actually keepin' it inside. Ya understand me?" Giving yet another smile.

A ring filled the air, a vibration being heard as the phone was pushed against Isaan's leg. Hand reaching into his pocket, chocolate orbs rolling at the caller ID name, the teen flipped it open to answer. Although, as he was about to speak as he should, Arish hurriedly spoke first, having the eldest twin halt in his steps.

"Huh, well....I suppose I shou'd come. Stay there and don't make any irrational decisions." Swiftly closing the phone and returning it to its original place. "Ruu, Erin is in danger. We have to help him, now." Grabbing onto the smaller teen's hand and dashing to the Lefunt's estate.

Isaan didn't need to tell Ruune twice, he ran alongside his twin as the headed to Arish's house. He knew something was wrong with Erin, he knew it! Damn it, he should have pressed the other for more answers about what was wrong with him. He wants to help his friends, damn it.

When the finally reached Arish's place Ruune had a bad feeling, the entire house felt like one of those Shadow Zones, like the one he first summoned Fallen in. They might have to fight their way up to where Erin and Arish were. This assumption was proven correct when they entered the house and a minor shadow attacked them. Ruune quickly summoned Fallen, who used Bafu to knock the thing back, but didn't kill it.

FALLEN

LVL: 17

Fool

Bufu

Dia

Sukukaja

They've been working hard the past few weeks, so Ruune was actually able to level up his persona pretty fast...but unlike his brother's or Arish's persona, Fallen didn't start learning more powerful attacks. It was strange, but he would deal with it...Igor said something about fusing and making more personas, so that probably had something to do with it. He had another persona to use, it was from the first time he tried fusing with two persona he got from the card shuffle, but he didn't want to use Fallen in a fusing, afraid he'd loose the dark angel. Maybe he should use his other persona instead...

84px-Berith_P3P.png

BERITH

LVL: 16

Hierophant

Agi

Tarukaja

Double Fangs

Auto-Tarukaja

Maragi

He'd have to thank his social link with Isaan for the level boost, since he or Berith would still be level 13. He had been refraining from using him, for what ever reason. Admittingly, it just felt weird using a different persona, but if there were going to make it through to Erin and Arish he might have to.

ooOOooOOooOOoo

Erin just kept shaking his head against Arish's chest, trembling. The brunette was pretty far gone in his delusions to really even begin to listen to the other and what he had to say. The Shadow just smirked, still getting closer and closer to the pair, smirking. "Ya should listen to your boyfriend...he's actually makin' some sense," The shadow taunted, taking another step closer, causing the frightened teen in Arish's arms to whimper and shiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Isaan paused in his steps, glancing around with chocolate colored orbs to notice that he and Ruune was indeed surrounded. The two of them couldn't take too long or else Erin and Arish would possible be fatally injured, if not controlled by the power of that ultimate shadow.

Snapping out the card from his pocket, the white haired twin ripped the material in half, a flash appearing before him as his persona appeared. Isaan has yet to be able to contact his own persona. It was strange, but it seemed like there was something blocking his powers. This was a card that Ruune himself had made.

1288280-castor.png

Counterstrike

Evil Smile

Fatal End

Counter

Regenerate 1

"We can't wait for too long on this. I'll see if I can strike fear in them Ruu."

With a glare, Castor knew exactly what Isaan was wishing for. With as much scare as he could, the persona mustered up a evil smile, and successfully it managed to scare off three shadows. Now there was only two to go.

"Hurry on your end Ruu." He spoke, Castor dashing in front of him to take the blow that the enemy had tried injuring the oldest twin with.

xXxxXxxxXxxxXxxXxxxXx

Arish glared to the shadow, holding the smaller male to his chest.

"Listen to me Erin. He isn't lying. I know that isn't what you wish to hear, but it is true. You have to accept everything about yourself Erin. You have to."