Rock Olympus (KurikaraSama & Gatichan)

Gatichan

The song had sounded rather weak, but then, after their eyes had met, had it been his imagination, or had Vincent begun to sing with more energy? Even though their gazes hadn’t crossed for such a long time, for Dante it had been almost enough. Okay, he could have done without that self-satisfied smile from Vincent at the end, but still, he was relieved to see that his former starlet was doing well. So well, in fact, that he didn’t seem to need Dante anymore.

Moving backwards through the crowd, Dante left the packed venue. When he was outside in the fresh air again, he flipped his cell phone open and called Vincent’s mailbox. “Hey. You were great tonight,” he said, then paused. One of them was going to have to be the adult, so he might as well take the plunge. “I just wanted to tell you that I’m resigning as your manager. You obviously don’t need me. The best of luck for you and your career.” With that, Dante hung up and drove back home to get miserably drunk.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gatichan

• KurikaraSama

Vincent stumbled out just to see Dante leave before e could get there. then he left that heart breaking voicemail. heartbroken and enraged and irritably dialed Dantes number. he waited for the dial tone and then left a message that e knew Dante would listen too. "YOU ASSHOLE. Dont tell me i sound good then resign!! you shitty old man! i need you to come back here and put up with my bullshit again. " he voice cracked and he fell into a slight whimper of pain because his ears started ringing from his shouting. "Please Dante, dont do this to me..." he finished before hanging up and dealing with a major migraine all the way home.

Dante was far too drunk to do anything useful and in that state, he heard Vincent’s message. When it first started, it only succeeded in making Dante even angrier. Calling him an asshole when Vincent had been the one who had put him through the misery. And this…this…changing protégés- wasn’t that exactly what Vincent had wanted? Hadn’t he told Dante that he didn’t care whether he was his manager or not? But then the message changed and even in his inebriated state, Dante realized that Vincent was really hurt.

So, even though the world was spinning, Dante called a cab. Falling in at the back, he weakly gave the driver Vincent’s address and keeping his eyes tightly shut so that he didn’t throw up in the backseat, Dante tossed some dollar bills to the driver and stumbled out the cab. Leaning heavily against the door, he rang on Vincent’s doorbell, wishing he’d thought of drinking some water before having come over.

Vincent was about to go to bed when the doorbell rang. he tilted his head slightly and opened the door, only to catch in his arms a clearly drunk Dante. He let out a slightly relieved, yet slightly distraught sigh. "I always tell you to sober up before coming to my house. you drunk old man." Vincent sat Dante on the couch and then went to close the door and get some water. that way the other cold sober up a tiny bit. he also brought Dante a trash bin so he could vomit into that.

"now try and stay still or lay down until the dizziness goes away. got it? " he ordered seeing as whenever Dante got drunk, Vincent had to do the same things.

“I’m not old,” Dante protested grumpily, needing Vincent to hold him up so that he wouldn’t fall over. Groaning a little when he was eased onto the couch, Dante closed his eyes and leaned his head backwards, blindly groping out to take the water bottle that Vincent was holding out to him. “Thank you,” he croaked, drowning it in three long gulps. This routine really was getting old, but at the same time felt comfortably nice. And it felt good to have Vincent talking to him, even though what he said wasn’t exactly nice.

Feeling a little better when he had water inside again, Dante opened his eyes and looked at Vincent. He didn’t believe he’d be needing the bucket, but kept it close all the same. Trying to sit up more, he patted the couch seat beside him. “I think we’ve got several things to talk about, don’t we?” he said in a weird voice. “Starting with the question: do you still really want me to be your manager, and why? Because if you say yes, you’re going to have to agree to certain rules.”

"If I said yes. What are the rules? I hope they aren't anything complicated." He said sitting down next to Dante and crossed his arms. "You know I don't do well with complicated things. And are you sure you should sit up? Cause I sware to the non exsistant god that if you throw up on my floor. There will be some problems" he growled softly. He hated when his house got messy because of Damon. Surely the older man knew how to clean up after himself right?

“It’s nothing complicated,” Dante promised meekly, closing his eyes again. “Listen, I’m sorry about last night, okay? I went too far and it shouldn’t have happened. I promise you such a thing won’t occur again. But Vincent, you have to pay attention to me. When I tell you to do something in front of the president, just do it. We can discuss it later on- believe me, I wanted nothing less than to have had rumors about you and Tracy Belle spread all over the news.” He cracked an eye open to look at his protégé carefully. “What are your real feelings for her?”

Vincent blinked as if surprised by the question. "Far more interested in you then her old man. Don't worry about that ok? The only way she'll be higher then you on the feelings ladder is if you tried to kill me. Which I know you would never do." He said shrugging. He really didn't understand. Why the other was so worried about it.in Vincents eyes, no one was abouve Dante. Its just how it is. "And about the new conditions. I can live with them. Its not like they're restricting at all" he said. Basically he was saying that he wanted Damon back. Now all that he had to do was apologize for his actions.

"Also. About that time....I didn't mean it when I laughed or falsely apologized. I'm sorry" he puffed out his cheeks meaning he wasn't apologizing again

It felt good to hear Vincent say those words, even though his sentiments for Dante weren’t anywhere as profound as Dante’s were for him. He nodded tiredly, holding up a hand to show that he had accepted Vincent’s words. “Vincent, all I’m asking is that you show me a bit more respect, that’s all. I don’t want a “hurray!” person to protect- I encourage you to think for yourself, but laughing at me and scorning me the way you did yesterday was just too much.

But I’m glad we’re back on speaking terms. But we’re going to have to plan ahead. Have you and Tracy Belle already thought about the song you want to perform together? What would you like to do about the rumors? They’re pretty hot about you.”

Vincent chuckled. "Leave the rumors. it'll make it more fun to prove them wrong later. " he slightly. "and yea. we did. but its a secret ~" he hummed standing up. "you lay down and sleep. i gotta go shower." he said before going upstairs to the bathroom and leaving Dante there. he let out a small sigh before shaking regretful thought out of his head before closing the bathroom door behind him and locking it.

as he stood in the shower he starred at the mirror hanging in there and eyed the long scar tracing over his side. everytime he looked at it, it brought back memories and sometimes tears to his eyes that a fan had died over him. he didnt want anything like that again.

Dante was left alone on the couch by himself. He wished he hadn’t been so inconsiderate and drunken so much alcohol. What he wouldn’t give to be a little fly on the wall and watch Vincent underneath the shower. Despite the alcohol that was making him drowsy, Dante’s body pulsed. He really needed to control himself better this time. Loosening his tie and painstakingly slowly removing his blazer, Dante carefully stretched out on Vincent’s couch, wishing he had a blanket to cover him up with. And he hoped that Vincent wouldn’t wander downstairs right then, because at times, Dante knew that he spoke in his sleep and the last thing he wanted was for Vincent to find out the depth of his feelings for him. Drifting off to sleep, Dante’s last conscious thoughts were of Vincent and Tracy Belle’s song…and of Vincent singing the song to him for a private concert…

Vincent got out of the shower and just stood there drying his hair before dressing for bed. tonight had been one emotional night. As he fell into his bed he rolled over and starred at the ceiling, he wouldnt make the mistake of making his manager want to leave again. that was far too much trouble; and now he had to think about how hhe would get through the recording with tracey in a few days. she was nice, sure, but he really didnt want too much to do with her. get to close to someone and they think they can do whatever they want. he sighed out as he fell asleep.

the next morning he got up and went to his bathroom in order to get ready for the day. he didnt think he had anything to do for the day last he checked. i mean, he was the one who set the stuff up since Dante hadnt been there.

When Dante woke up the next day, his back was sore, as was his neck. Checking his watch, he saw that it was already nine o’ clock. It was a good thing that he had the day off from Justin, because he really wouldn’t have been up for a day with that guy. Still rather sleepy and not properly looking around at his surroundings, Dante began to remove his clothes, stripping and yawning as he walked up the stairs. Opening the door he expected his bathroom to be at, he stopped short when he found himself staring at a small wall closet.

Shaking his head as he kicked off his boxer shorts and ran a hand through his hair, Dante closed his eyes as he stepped into the next room. He really had to be sleep-drunken if he’d missed the bathroom completely. Opening his eyes when he heard the shower, he stopped abruptly when he realized that he was standing naked, staring back at Vincent, who was under the shower. Not Dante’s shower in his house…but Vincent’s shower at his house.

Vincent was facing away from Dante until he heard the door open. "Morning you hungover old man. " he shouted over the shower. he couldn't really see anything since the room was all fogged up with steam. he sighed when he realized the other had thought he was at his own house. he meant, he was properly drunk last night. but he thought it would be fun to leave the other hanging for awhile.he turned off the water and gave a small coughing fit before shaking the water off his hands. it was then that he realized he shouldn't be too mean to Dante since it was mostly his fault the idiot was drunk in the first place.

"Youre at my house. you came over last night because i left you a voice mail."

((rejected xD))

It wasn’t too late- Vincent had his back to him and hadn’t realized that Dante was naked. Quick as a flash and before his protégé could realize what he’d done, Dante snatched a towel and wrapped it around his waist, covering up his early morning erection. “Uh- yeah, sorry, I’ll wait outside,” he called instead, slamming the door shut. Cursing under his breath that Vincent had mutated back into an asshole, he decided to not play along and be treated like a fool again. Hurrying around the house and picking up his clothes, Dante got dressed in the living room again. He was going home.

Leaving a note behind for Vincent, Dante walked out the front door and hailing a slowly cruising cab, he climbed in. It was then that he realized he’d left his cell phone behind on the living room couch. He hoped that Mark, his former lover, wouldn’t choose that morning of all times to leave a telling message that Vincent might read… Nodding the cabbie off, Dante climbed out and entering his house, had a nice long shower.

When Vincent came down stairs, he read the note and noticed his Managers phone. "Clumsy idiot..." he muttered softly as he went to the kitchen to eat. he made a mental note to go and return it later, since he couldnt call him seein as his phone was lying on the couch. when the others phone went off, he ignored it until there was a message left from some mark guy. he stayed out of his managers business. even when he heard something about Dante going back to him. great, he was listening to an exs' pleas for another chance. he wasnt going to lie, it hurt abit inside that the other had never told him. and it also confused him slightly. he would ask later however. and there is was at the end of the message, the three words at the end caused Vincent to drop his glass and let it shatter to the floor. then he broke the others phone and trashed it. once he realized what he did he scolded himself. wtf was he doing?

after buying his manager a replacement phone and put all important numbers in including his, excludeding the asshole that was the reason he had to buy a new one in the first place, he took a cab to his managers house and rang the bell.

Dante was working out when the bell at his front door began to ring. He’d had a long shower, had eaten breakfast again for the second time properly and now, for the first time in ages, Dante had woken up wanting to work out. He was running on his home trainer and listening to music in his ears. It was Rammstein, his favorite band of all time. And even though the German lead singer sounded dark and deadly, Dante’s thoughts were light.

He had begun to think about Mark. After Vincent’s refusal that morning, not even bothering to look at him, Dante had decided it was time to give up on his protégé. Aside from the fact that Vincent was too much of a handful and a little brat – yes; once Dante had found that cute, but right then all he wanted was an easy lay and that was something Vincent certainly wasn’t – he and Dante’s good relationship would last for about as long as the next hurdle came along. Running faster, Dante called up Mark’s face. He wasn’t as cute as Vincent was, not by a mile, but he was probably a lot less of a handful.

It was only when the song ended that Dante heard the front doorbell ringing. Checking his watch, he couldn’t for the life of him think who it could be. Perhaps it was the postman bringing along a package or something. Hopping lightly off the sport gadget, Dante jogged through his house with his sweaty clothes to open the door. He blinked, surprised to find Vincent of all people standing there. “Uh…hello?”

Vincent crossed his arms and held out the phone. "i broke your other one listening to that mark guy. seriously you go for people like him? " Vincent asked questionably. at least he wasnt lying, completely anyway. "so i went out and got you a new phone. i put all the important numbers excluding that assholes and including mine. seriously. stay out of contact with that guy. he's weird. " Vincent huffed slightly. he didnt know what he was expecting, or why he was expecting anything at all. he just knew that he didnt want Dante to have anything to do with Matt. at all.

Dante needed a moment to analyze all this. Vincent had smashed his telephone and bought him another one because he’d got…angry because he’d got a message from his ex? Dante did the worst possible thing he ought to in that situation: he burst out laughing. In fact, he actually had a laugh flash. Holding his stomach, he roared and roared. Vincent was…jealous?! The last reaction he had expected. Already feeling what he believed to be murder waves rolling off Vincent, Dante gulped down air and grinning boyishly, pulled Vincent into his house with him. “Oh, you really are exquisite, you know that?” he chuckled, closing the door and then, pushing Vincent against it, leaned in and kissed him sweetly.

Vincent pouted and puffed his cheeks out childishly. "You dont have to laugh at me. " he protested slightly and crossed his arms. "he was just irritating and so i snapped. thank to him i broke one of my favorite glasses." he said kissing the other back softly before smiling. "i know im awesome. but i wouldnt be as awesome with out my even more awesome manager right?" he said before pulling out his own phone and scrolling through the messages and almost broke his own phone. wtf. when did tracey get his number? his expression twisted slightly and he let out an irritated sound. "what the hell...?"

Dante chuckled, feeling happy when Vincent kissed him back. It felt good to hear him call him amazing. Maybe he really ought to forget Mark and try once more to go for a deeper relationship with Vincent. After all, who had he been trying to kid? He was infatuated with the teenager and he’d get bored with Mark after a couple of weeks again, anyway. When Vincent began to rage, Dante carefully extracted the phone out his hand and turning it around, saw that the message, which was dotted with hearts everywhere, was from Tracy. He frowned. “I take it you didn’t want her to reach you during your free time?” he correctly professed, turning around and gesturing for Vincent to follow him back into his home sport studio. “If you’d like, I’ll get in contact with her manager and sort this out for you.” To be perfectly honest, it pissed him off too- on his free days, Vincent was supposed to be HIS and no one else's.

"I didnt want her to reach me at all! how the hell did she get my number anyway? i didnt give it to her, and i sure as hell know you wouldnt." he scoffed as he took his phone back and put it in his pocket. After that his phone went off every five seconds with more messages. he snapped. "PLEASE get in touch with this girls manager!" he growled. he couldnt take much more of this, all this messaging from her. eventually he just turned his phone off. anything important would go to dante now that he was back to being vincents manager. Vincent crashed on Dantes couch and scowled slightly at the fact that he let his number get around so easily. someone told her, and when he found out who, there would be hell to pay.

Dante immediately got on the phone with Tracy Belle’s manager. Stepping into the kitchen so that Vincent wouldn’t hear him, Dante began to frown severely as soon as he had the other man on the line. “Pete, cut this shit. What were you thinking giving you sod my protégé’s number? She’s getting on his nerves and that was NOT in the contract. The two of them might be making a duet together, but that’s it. They’re not in a relationship and if you don’t whistle her back, Vincent might consider refusing the duet piece. She’s making a nuisance of herself…well, also on his free day? Come on, don’t give me that. They’re only to show up on photos together when they’re working, not for fun. You’d better tell that girl that it’s only for show and nothing else. Vincent has no interest in her. And from now on, I’d ask you to forward any appointments and things considering business to me and not Vincent. Thank you.”

Returning to the living room with two banana milkshakes, he handed one over to Vincent. “Problem’s solved,” he reassured him, falling down beside him. “So…what are your plans for the day?”

Vincent held the drink and tilted his head back. what was he going to do today? he hadn't thought about it at all since he had just gotten up a bit earlier. "I have no idea what i plan on doing." he sighed out and took a small sip from the drink and looked over at his manager. "What've you got planned? anything special?" Vinvent asked out of genuine curiousity which even Dante didnt get very often. he was just wondering if maybe the other had found something to do on his free day. other then work out of course. Vincent laughed slightly when he was thinking about how hard it must be because Dante smoked so much. he took another sip and awaited the others response intently.

Dante was thinking how wonderful it was to be doing nothing but simply sitting beside Vincent, lounging together on his couch and killing time. Like a normal couple…only that he and Vincent weren’t a couple at all. Yet, Dante thought to himself, taking a sip to hide his smile. The future suddenly didn’t seem so bleak to him anymore. Smiling at Vincent, he shrugged. “I wasn’t planning anything strenuous today. I was thinking maybe I could listen to my CD collection and chill out by my indoor pool. Or fall down in front of my enormous flat screen and finally start on my stack of X Box games.” He tripped with two fingers up Vincent’s arm. “Or, of course, I could try to seduce you and have you for an afternoon snack, since you’ve chased my midnight f*** away,” he teased.