[18+] The Deal (Rem and Ukemextreme )

Remalade

Takashi did not know what to wear. Was he going formal? Going casual? Geez, I did not know dating was this hard. Normally he'd just take out a random shirt and jeans and would just put it on, not even caring whether it matched or not. Right now was different. Right now was for a date. He sighed, he was so worked up; he didn't know what to do. Probably because it's my first date even though it's with a guy and my diva roommate, at that. In the end, he went for jeans and a white boyfriend shirt.

When Hatomi called out to him, he was almost done. "Coming." Takashi skidded out his room, his jeans unbuttoned but zipped up and his shirt still halfway open. He ran to the wall mount mirror in their living room and fixed his hair up as he muttered, "Do I look okay? Is this okay? Will I be okay?" He almost forgot to breath when he said that.

Damn Takashi was nervous.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ukemextreme

• Remalade

Hatomi held in a laugh when the other appeared looking so disheveled. He could tell that his roommate was nervous from the way that he scrambled to make himself presentable. It was actually kind of cute.

"Stop worrying, you look fine." Hatomi assured. "But look, you big nerd. You were so nervous that you buttoned your shirt wrong." he chuckled, standing in front of him. Grinning slightly, the blonde shook his head as he reached up to fix the top few buttons on his shirt. "Ready for your first date now?" he teased, still standing rather close. He didn't wait for a response before continuing. "I won't drag you to one of my parties just yet, but there is a nice club down the street that has great food and drink specials tonight." he added as he sauntered away.

Hatomi had buttoned his shirt up which was weird. They were dating for only a couple of minutes and they've already gotten so close to each other like this. He had already initiated contact earlier, now it was Hatomi's turn. Takashi looked away and just pretended to fix his hair more. When he was done and his roommate had walked away, telling him that there was a nice club just down the street, he tried to catch up. "Really? I never knew."

He walked out of the apartment, taking the spare key and hiding it somewhere safer. It was the first time that both of them had walked out of the apartment together. Well, on a weekend. Takashi was always at home anyway; he only went out to buy groceries and other stuff that he needed for school. "So, this club...is it the club club with DJs and strobe lights and drunks who grind and stuff? Or is it the normal club where you can just go dine, eat, and dance without worrying of getting groped?"

Usually a touchy person, Hatomi didn't even notice the level of closeness that had increased. He just saw it as being himself and not really thinking about how Takashi would react. He made sure that he had his wallet, phone, and keys before leaving their apartment. He was trying to think of who he knew that would be at the club tonight when he heard his roommate's question.

"Hm...I suppose it's a mixture of both. There's great food and drinks with a small dance floor, so you don't have to worry about drunks dancing all over you. But after midnight, that's when the DJ comes out and things get a bit more wild. But don't fret, we'll leave before things get too much for you. The only one you'll have to worry about groping you is me." he grinned. "Just kidding, I wouldn't grope you. Wouldn't be much for me to grab on." he chuckled under his breath.

Takashi just blankly stared at Hatomi when he made his remark. "Couldn't you be a little bit nicer?" he complained. He would have pouted if he could. Takashi walked ahead, annoyed. He then thought about how it would feel like getting groped. Surely, it wouldn't be such a good thing. He'd probably yelp and punch the person -- it'd be bad if it were a girl. But then again, Takashi was an awkward guy. He was technically a virgin at everything, too.

The man walked on silently, now slipping his hands in his pockets. It was starting to get darker but luckily it wasn't cold out lest he'd be running back to his apartment by now and bundle up. He played with the money in his pocket; he doesn't want to carry his wallet around. And his phone, he has it in his breast pocket. Walking further, he realized he didn't really know where the club was. "Hey Hatomi...are we lost?"

Hatomi looked at him in confusion, then realization. "Sorry, I just say things without thinking..." he muttered apologetically, an embarrassed blush on his cheeks. Being the person that he was, Hatomi usually didn't notice how his words affected other people. He could tell that Takashi was irritated, but he wasn't sure what to say. After a few minutes of walking, he saw the turn that would lead them to the club. "No, we're not lost. It's this way." he said, pointing him in the right direction. They came to a long line outside of a popular place, but Hatomi went straight to the front, grinning as the security guy nodded to him and let them right in. Some good music was playing, but only a few people were on the dance floor,. Everyone else was sitting at a table or lingering at the bar and chatting idly. "Come on, there's an open table over here." He smiled.

Takashi wanted to tell him that it was okay and that he wasn't mad but the silence already sank it; kinda too late to tell him those.

When they got to the entrance, Takashi immediately clung to Hatomi's shirt. It was not that he was afraid or something but he suddenly became unknowingly shy especially now that Hatomi knew the security person and let them right in without making them fall in line. When they got in, it was dark but the place was lit appropriately. No too flashy strobe lights or dim black lights. Takashi immediately liked the place. Hatomi had lead him to an open table with a high chair. Hatomi wasn't short but Takashi broke free from unknowingly clinging to the other guy, wanting to help the other get up; he was doing something he wanted to do when dating someone. Like a practice, he thought.

Takashi held out his hand and asked, "May I?"

Hatomi smiled a bit when he noticed Takashi clinging onto him. Was he nervous being out in a place he'd never been before? Or maybe he didn't like clubs? But Hatomi knew that this place wasn't like an ordinary club. He snuck a glance at his roommate, and he could tell that he liked it as well. Perhaps this would be a good night after all.

He was surprised when he offered to help him, but the blonde grinned and obliged him. "Yes, you may." he responded, taking his hand lightly and sitting in the chair. The action was simple, but the politeness of it was enough to keep a smile on his lips. He pointed to the menu that was built into the table under a sheet of glass. "The food is pretty good, so pick what you like. I think I'll just stick with a drink for now."

Takashi slowly hefted Hatomi up on the chair and then sat on the chair across from him. He nervously glanced up at his roommate. He saw Hatomi smile. Takashi felt something warm spread across his chest and it tugged at him until his lips curved up slightly into a smile. It was a small smile that was probably not noticeable in the dark.

He leaned in too look at the menu when Hatomi had pointed at it. The food looked fancy except for a few normal ones. After a moment, he said, "I think I'll just go for a fries basket or something. As for the drinks," he looked up at Hattomi and shrugged, "I'll let you choose for me." Takashi, then, raised his hand for the waiters to come and see them. He hoped Hattomi wouldn't choose something so strong; he didn't like booze because he can't handle them.

The waiter smiled at them as he walked over. "Oh, Hatomi! Haven't seen you around here in a while."

"Yeah, I've been kind of busy." Hatomi responded with a shrug.

"And I see you're here with someone new. I wonder how long this one will last." the young man teased.

Hatomi laughed and rolled his eyes. "Just shut up and take our orders. I'll have a shot of my usual mix, and he'll have a basket of fries and a light drink. He's the designated driver tonight, so try not to have him falling out of his seat."

The waiter smiled and nodded before heading off to retrieve their orders.

"So you like this place? I told you it wasn't so bad. You make it seem like I hang out at trashy hole-in-the-wall clubs where people get high in the bathroom and puke on the dance floor." Hatomi grinned at him.

Takashi wasn't surprised that the waiter also knew him. What interested him was the fact that the man knew of Hatomi's dating streak and it got him wondering about the number of people he has brought in this club. Probably not less than ten. Takashi mentally shrugged then listened in on them.

When the waiter took their orders and was about to leave, he sneaked in a small smile and then turned to look back at Hatomi when he asked if he liked the place. He nodded. "Yeah, the place is okay but it's very much suited for a guy like me I guess -- if a guy like me ever went to parties." He laughed softly, remembering Hatomi's remark. "But for a guy like you, it wouldn't be a wonder if you'd ever be found in a place like that."

Their orders arrived just a few moments later. Takashi took a fry and then turned to look at the people on the dance floor. There weren't alot so he saw how each of them swayed their hips and bodies in time with the beat. There wasn't a DJ yet, like what Hatomi had said earlier, but there was already disco music. Not the very upbeat, synthesizer-filled music though. Takashi wondered how they could sway their hips like that. He only knew how to dance waltz and some other dances that were taught in his gym classes back in high school. He tilted his head and asked Hatomi without taking his eyes from a particular girl who really enjoyed dancing. "Hey Hatomi, is that how you dance in clubs? Like...like you're wanting draw the attention of a potential mate or something."

Hatomi simply nodded at his statement, knowing it was true. He was no stranger to any kind of party, especially the ones with dancing. The only kind of parties he stayed away from were the ones at the stupid fraternity houses on campus. He liked to drink and have fun, but those idiots just liked getting wasted and doing stupid things, and he wasn't interested in it. Snapping out of his thoughts, Hatomi looked up at the question. "The dancing? I guess that's how you show people you're having a good time. And it's pretty fun regardless." he grinned. His eyes followed Takashi's gaze and landed on the girl, and weight of slight discomfort settled in his stomach. Why was he staring at her like that? Did he want to dance with her? And even more importantly, why was he so worried?

To show people that you're having fun, huh?

Takashi shrugged and went back to eating the fries. Awhile later, he looked up and stared at the girl again before looking back at Hatomi. Thoughts of him dancing languidly like the girl on the dance floor swarmed in his head. Did Hatomi dance like that that's why alot of people fell for him? He dated boys before, too. Did he let them hold him by the waist and dance with him like that? Takashi's eyebrows furrowed as these thoughts ran through his head. Finally, he asked, "Do you...dance like that too?"

• 3 months later...

"Like that? Hm...sometimes? I guess it depends on who I'm dancing with." Hatomi grinned. Honestly, dancing with people was one of his favorite things to do. It was exciting and fun, and it was a great way to meet new people. "Why do you ask? Do you want to dance, too?" he inquired, looking up at him with a teasing smile. He had a feeling that Takashi wasn't the dancing type, and it would certainly be interesting to see him on the dance floor. The thought of the other male dancing with him made him imagine Takashi pressed against him, moving in time with the lively beat. He quickly blinked away the mental image.

Takashi stared at him for a couple of seconds. So Hatomi did dance and he also enjoyed it. He huffed for a bit and lazily bit unto a fry. He felt sad for some unknown reason. Maybe it was the fact that he doesn't know how to dance like how these people danced. But why? Takashi shrugged and looked up at him, a little bit horrified when he asked if he wanted to dance. "W-well...it's not that I don't want...too I--" Takashi's lips curved into a small frown then sighs. "I don't know...how to dance like..." he pointed at a couple on the dance floor, "...that."

"So? A lot of people don't know how to dance, and that doesn't stop them from going out there." Hatomi grinned, gesturing to a few dancers that certainly looked out of place, but were still giving it their best. "And besides, I can teach you. It's not hard. All you have to do is move to the rhythm." he shrugged. But perhaps it was easier said than done. Takashi was a bit taller and lankier, so it might be different with him. Even so, Hatomi wouldn't let that deter them. He took a sip of his drink and looked back up at his "date". This would definitely be interesting.

Takashi tilted his head and took a sip from his drink. That wasn't a bad idea...Hatomi teaching him how to dance,he meant. He kept quiet for a few momens, contemplating on whether he would take up on the other's offer or not. He glanced at the couple again, the girl's hands were loosely wrapped around the boy's neck as she languidly ground against his body. An image of Hatomi wrapping his arms around his neck flashed through his mind and he shook his head lightly, placing the drink down. The deal must be getting into my head. But still, the thought of him teaching him how to dance wasn't so bad. With a sigh, Takashi looked at Hatomi and nodded. "Okay, show me what you got."

Hatomi grinned in victory and he quickly hopped down from his seat. He grabbed Takashi's hand and dragged him over to the dance floor that was already in full swing. The music was so loud that he had to lean in close for the other man to hear him. "First you've got to find the rhythm." Hatomi instructed. He stepped back and forth to the quick beat, encouraging him to do the same. Once Takashi had someone caught on, he leaned in close again. "Now we just move together." he added. Hatomi placed the other's hands on his waist and rested his own on his shoulders. The close proximity made Hatomi's heart race a bit faster. "See? You're halfway there. Now just move in time with me." Hatomi chuckled, his lips brushing against Takashi's ear slightly.

Takashi blinked and let Hatomi drag him to the dance floor. When they got there, he just stood awkwardly and bit his lips, raising an eyebrow. After a few moments, he started swaying his body to the beat as he tried to mirror Hatomi's footing. He was taken aback when his roommate had taken his hands to rest them on his waist and also wrapping his arms on his neck - an act he just imagined a few minutes prior to their dancing. When his lips brushed against his ear, he tensed up and swallowed, coughing slightly. "T-this...this isn't so bad," he mumbles as he already got the hang of it. The music was a little too party-ish and he somehow loses his footing but he holds tightly unto the other's waist everytime he tries to regain it. Takashi, slowly closed his eyes as if by doing so, he'd finally dance okay.

Hatomi looked up as his dance partner when he finally got the hang of it, noticing that he'd closed his eyes for some reason. He wanted to ask him why, but he laughed a bit under his breath and decided to spare Takashi the embarrassment. Hatomi melted into the music as he always did, almost forgetting the situation as he danced with a smile on his lips. This was one of the few things that he genuinely liked to do. The song suddenly changed to a much slower one, leaving on couples on the dance floor. He hesitated and considered sitting back down, but it seemed that Takashi had just gotten into the dancing, and he didn't know if he'd get a chance like this again anytime soon.

"The same thing we did before, only slower." he encouraged softly. Hatomi leaned in closer, to the point where they were standing chest-to-chest as they began to sway together slowly. "And you said you couldn't dance..." he chuckled.

Takashi noticed the tempo changing and surprisingly, he didn't trip when he tried to pace himself with the music. When Hatomi became flushed against his chest, he opened his eyes and stared at the other, blinking slightly. He raised an eyebrow. "I know, I know, I'm not one with two left feet...I'm just...a little bit of an awkward dancer." He huffed and rolled his eyes. He looked around and noticed couples either like them, just dancing so close to each other, or like some others who were doing...more intimate stuff. He squinted slightly at them before turning back to look at his supposed boyfriend. He studied Hatomi for awhile, only noticing now how his looks have more of a feminine edge than his. Takashi wondered why girls would dig him; he probably looked prettier than them anyways. Wait, prettier...what am I even thinking? he asked himself, with furrowed eyebrows.

"Awkward sounds like an appropriate choice of wording." Hatomi grinned up at him. Even if he wasn't too confident in his skills, Takashi certainly wasn't the worst dancer he'd ever seen. Underneath his shaky steps and unsure rhythm was probably a dancing king waiting to be unleashed. "But you're doing way better than you're giving yourself credit for." He chuckled. Hatomi waited for a response, noticing that he was deep in thought. What could he be thinking about so seriously at a time like this?

"You're the only guy I know that could look like he's solving physics equations in his head while on a dance floor. What's on your mind?" He asked.

Takashi glanced down at Hatomi and narrowed his eyes. He made him seem like a nerdy guy who had no social life. He has few friends so his social life is never close to none. "Hatomi, please." Takashi rolled his eyes in response. He opened his mouth again and say something snarky to cover up whatever he was thinking but he couldn't come up with any. With a sigh, he looked at Hatomi dead in the eye and spoke up with the most emotionless voice he could ever muster. "I was just wondering why girls still opt to date you even though you look prettier than most of them."

Takashi wished Hatomi would just snarl at him or something. Guys hated being called pretty, right?

Hatomi hesitated, unsure of how to respond to the question. It was like he had been insulted by asking why girls would date him, but somehow complimented because he had been called pretty. Which he didn't really mind because pretty was pretty, and how could someone be angry at a compliment?

"I don't know, I've never really thought about it before. Maybe they do to prove that they are pretty enough to be with me? I know a lot of guys have said that they've dated me for that reason. Or they they dated me to prove that they could date me." He shrugged. Hatomi hadn't thought about it much before, but now it kind of bothered him that people were with him for such shallow reasons. But he supposed that he treated them the same way, so he couldn't feel angry about it.

A grin spread on his lips as he realized something. "So you think I'm pretty, Taka-kun?" He teased.

Takashi looked at Hatomi blankly and suddenly stopped swaying. Oh shit. He called him pretty, yes. But how else would he call him pretty if he didn't find him so. Takashi rolled his eyes and nodded. "Why else would I call you pretty then?" He pursed his lips and started swaying again.