What is Operating System Information and how to check it?

Saga

computer_by_mikaristar-d5udfpe.gif

||
O
PERATING
S
YSTEM ||

.. What is OS?

An operating system (OS) is a collection of software that manages computer hardware resources and provides common services for computer programs. The operating system is an essential component of the system software in a computer system. Application programs usually require an operating system to function.

OR in English,

Your computer is just like a train. It needs power and resources, of course a good management as well, to move forth. As such the OS can differ from weak to powerful system. The more resources your OS have, the better it functions.

.. OS types

You have probably understood so far the OS as a term. As I said, they can differ, not only by power and resources but by interface,too.

avo5g9.jpg

Most used nowadays is Windows, when we talk about PC. The new, kind of, and still common is MAC OS. (We won't talk about Android here though... =_=; )

2qwhtp2.jpg

But the percentage of visual novel games that can be played on MAC OS is not really huge. If anything, the PSP comes second to Windows OS when we talk about such games. I don't mean to bore you with explanations why this and why that, so let's skip to the part how can you check your OS, in case you don't know all details about it.

I will only list how to check on Windows. Because when you are on MAC OS, you know you are on MAC OS and what Mac (there are only two important types anyway). Don't ask why, probably because people know when they go after Mac. .___.);

.. How to check your Win OS and its information?

Click the Start button, enter Compute, right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

.. What do you need as information?

Your
OS interface
in details(for example mine is Windows 7 Ultimate), your
processor and its GHz
, your
RAM in GB
, and
the bit
information (
whether 64bit or 32bit
).